The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:21 am by Cobalt

» Jessica Albert
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A museum for strange encounters (Dub)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 Empty Re: A museum for strange encounters (Dub)

Post by Shadowoof June 3rd 2017, 9:35 am

Jake slowed down after her barrage stopped. He needed to think of a plan before she could think of a plan. A stand off between them took place as they both thought, he couldn't get to her, having no way of range, but waiting wasn't ideal, she was fast, strong. And that webbing only made her stronger. He could think of the many ways one could use it in a situation like this, using gymnastic knowledge, you could fly though this entire building.

However, his plan was not yet formed by the time she acted, which meant she won this stand off, two stands of webbing came in his direction, one aimed for him, the other for something else. Knowing he could dodge it, he stepped out of aim of the strand, light on his feet, he kept his eyes on the girl, an idea on her plan because of her previous actions of lunching herself into the air with two strands, with him in the middle of these two strands, he would be the slammed into with both her strength and the accompanying force. Not good.

Seeing her fly towards him, Jake jumped up the roof, turning his body so that his fingers crashed into the roof, busting though it and giving him a hold, weaker because of his force but he was certain it would hold him for now. Looking down, Jake cursed at himself for not realizing that he just left the displays, something that she was now right next to. The sword and shield. "How about we forget about the artifacts of a goddess take a nice night stroll?" Jake called out to her, not willing to drop down just yet. She would get her hands on the weapons before he even got close to the ground and with her skills, she would be on the move just as quickly. Rather he waited for her to move, so he could be prepared for it. Hell, Maybe she would listen to his advice and leave. Easier ending to all this. Not as fun.

Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 1508
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

A museum for strange encounters (Dub)  - Page 2 Empty Re: A museum for strange encounters (Dub)

Post by Johanna Sharpe June 4th 2017, 8:00 am

As the masked kid began to make his move, Johanna’s brain kicked into overdrive. Spreading out from the boy were a series of after images that scattered out in a variety of different ways. Johanna’s turquoise eyes scanned each of the visions not sure which course of action the kid would take. At this point the effect of her precognition was pretty much null as there was no way for Johanna to prevent herself from crashing into the display case like she had initially planed. From what she had seen, she had assumed that boy was simply going to sidestep her, but he took a more drastic course of action as he leapt up towards the ceiling.

A loud crash filled the empty museum as Johanna’s legs went right through the glass. Her legs suffered several superficial cuts from the ankles up to her knees and her suit managed to get torn up a bit from the jagged glass, but in the end Johanna had accomplished her goal and was within arms reach of the sword and shield. The young white haired girl reached out gingerly for the weapons and then cautiously crawled out of the bed of shattered glass she had mad. She was in a very vulnerable position and was thankful that the boy had chosen to talk rather than leap at her.

This courtesy was not extended to her through the museum guards however, as a small group of three rushed into the hallway. As Johanna was quickly surrounded by the guards, she slyly slipped her hand through the straps on the back of the shield. Her eyes gazed upwards to the boy, she couldn’t help but chuckle to herself as the guards all shouted freeze in unison. “Oh so now you wanna talk!” she said.

One of the guards stared at her puzzled as to who she was talking to, but then looked up towards the roof when he noticed the young girls head motion upwards. “Hey you! Get down this instant!” the guard shouted. His sudden outburst caused the other guards to point their flashlights towards the ceiling, and provided Johanna with the opening she needed. With a strong swing of her arm the war goddesses shield sailed through the air and collided with the chatty guards face. In that same instance Johanna dropped down to one knee and swept the other two guards’ legs out from underneath them. The young thief then quickly rolled forward as the two guards fell and delivered a quick punch to both of them. Johanna then quickly leapt to her feet and used her web shooter to snatch the shield from the other side of the hall and pulled it over to her.

As soon as Johanna had slipped her hand back through the straps of the shield a loud ringing broke out throughout the museum, It was the back up alarm. She then looked up to the ceiling where the boy had remained. At this point she was no longer sure what she was thinking. She had the opportunity to run away and leave the kid to take the fall for her, but instead she had to go and rescue them both. Part of her wanted to just turn around and book it, but she found herself waving the masked kid down from the roof. “Well? We gonna go for that stroll or what!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2016-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof June 5th 2017, 1:18 am

Jake held onto his grasp on the roof, the alarm blaring his ears as he watched the events unfold. It was weird, watching the guards circle around the woman, even going as far as to call him down. They were in for a surprise if they actually expected that to work. And the way the girl effectively dealt with them, Jake watched with a sense of awe as she dealt with the three guards almost as soon as they left there focus on her to him. For whatever skills he was learning and getting over the course of his nightly activity's, he was not sure he could match her skill, or maybe he was giving her too much credit.

As soon as she was done, Jake questioned if he should jump down to continue their tango. Only for the girl to call out to him to his previous words, a night stroll. With the alarm blaring, guards and possibly police on the way with no care for a vigilante who kinda broke rules in this situation, he would be in as much trouble if he stayed here. A night stroll was seeming like the better idea after-all. Letting go of the roof, Jake turned mid air and landed on his hands and feet, standing to full height over the woman. "A night stroll to continue our previous affairs sounds like a good idea indeed." Jake said as he prepared to follow the young woman, wondering what he was going to do, stop her? Let her go? He didn't really care for a few trinkets of a possible myth or not, but it wasn't the right thing to do... Be a annoying hero or not. Hard to choose.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe June 7th 2017, 5:07 am

Johanna let a small chuckle echo throughout the halls of the empty museum as the boy had suddenly shown a fancy for trying to talk things through over all the fun they had been having up to this point. “Like I said earlier kid, this aint a date. Don’t go getting any funny ideas. I’d just rather not be trapped in a museum with a dweeb like you and cops on all sides….A girl needs her space.” she shot the boy a coy look from over her shoulder before navigating through the museum and back to the skylights the two teens had used to gain entry earlier in the evening. As the young girl positioned herself beneath the glass panels, hues of red and blue could be seen flashing back and forth from the cop cars outside.

Without saying a word Johanna fired off a strand of web at the skylights and with a hard tug she began her ascent. The night had certainly livened up a bit as Johanna observed the gathering of a rather large crowd outside the museum. The police had barricaded of the streets and had already set up a perimeter by the time Johanna had moved into position, ducked behind the ledge of the roof. She looked back to see the boy just climbing out from underneath one of the glass shutters. She quickly motioned of him to stay low to the ground and then made her way over to him.

“So uh here’s the deal, we’re gonna have to sneak off the roof. I know it wont be an issue for me.” Johanna said, flashing her web shooters at the masked vigilante. “But you on the other hand, Well….Lets just say I’m not about to carry you off this roof.” After saying what she had to say, Johanna slowly began to creep over to the opposite side of the building. Hopefully the boy didn’t have a crisis of conscious and decide to try and turn her over after all.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof June 14th 2017, 4:15 am

Jake rose an eyebrow to the girl when she spoke, very confused on her choice of words. He hadn't said anything of the sort when it came to dates, in fact, didn't think about it ether. Was this just another sprout of this banter she was trying to enforce upon the two law breaking teens he wasn't sure. If it was, she needed to work on it. Or maybe he needed to understand it better... Following the girl, they made it the skylights, the signs of police forces were already outside, fast for police, then again, world where people could shoot ice at you from their hands. You needed to be fast, so good on them.

Following her up to the skylight, Jake would climb up to the roof, in which the woman would crawl to him, motioning him to stay down. He didn't want to state he wasn't an idiot to her and smart enough to stay down without the visual cue but based her words before. Seemed she thought he was one. Saying what she had to say, Jake simply nodded to her, he wouldn't have any trouble. But, he was conflicted, she stole from this museum, heck, if he tried to stop her, now he was letting her escape and simply following around like a lamb to the slaughter. The red and blue lights were a reminder he could go to them, but he was just as guilty for being here as she was for stealing. He wasn't a known hero and even known heroes would be in trouble for this. Right now, he was just a vigilante. Breaking the law and breaking bones.

Crawling after the girl, Jake kept low and silent as he could, fingers finding grips in the building for him to hang onto. It was times like these he was really thankful for the strength he had, allowing him to perform these feats. He couldn't imagine himself without this innate ability of his, didn't want too. Even if having it meant accepting that he was a strange being with a.. strange family.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe June 16th 2017, 4:44 am

Johanna slowly crept up to the ledge at the side of the museum. As her eyes rose over the ledge she repeated the phrase “please don’t be smart.” over and over to herself in a hushed tone, half hoping the local police force hadn’t decided to surround the whole building. Her half assed prayers had gone unanswered of course and the young thief caught a glimmer of the familiar blue and red lights. Johanna quickly ducked back behind the ledge and brought her hand up to her chin as she began to weigh her options.

It was going to take a lot of skill and finesse to leap off the ledge of the roof far and high enough to put her web shooters in reach of the neighboring skyscraper. It would put her in plain view of the police and all the spectators below if she attempted that and of course there was the issue of getting the masked boy off the roof unseen as well. Johanna cursed her own sense of twisted morals at times like these. It was obviously much easier for her to leave the kid to fend for himself or even throw him to the wolves, but something deep down just wouldn’t allow her to do so.

What the two really needed was a way of minimizing the amount of time they would be in the spot light. A quick and effective getaway that would shoot them right over the unsuspecting heads below. Johanna slowly crept over to the young vigilante’s side and sat down next to him cross legged. “So good news is I have a way of getting off this roof without being spotted. Bad news is, it’s only a getaway for me. So unless you’ve got some tricks up your sleeves, you’re on your own.”

Just then a sound caught the girls attention. The sound of a turning handle and rusty hinges grinding against one another. Someone was trying to get on the roof via an access door just several feet away from where the two teens sat. Johanna sprung into action almost instinctively. The young girl leapt over a set of pipes fired one of her shooters at a small piece of wall next to the door and pulled herself forward. Her nimble body rocketed forward and slammed into the door forcing it closed and knocking back whoever was on the other side, which was signaled by several muffled groans. Johanna then jumped away from the door and fired a quick barrage of webs to seal the door shut.

“We gotta go now!”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof June 16th 2017, 5:22 pm

Jake kept close to the girl, his ears picking up on distant voices mixed between the sounds of sirens. Reports of web and two assailants, possible metas. Not entirely wrong. Then again, he was indeed a meta human, even if he didn't have the meta gene but rather a interesting mix of holy and unholy blood. But, the girl could be something else as well, while being a half spider was removed by the notion she had shooters for her web projectile thingy. It didn't mean that the strength she had was an result of meta genes. Just meant she was extraordinary.

Letting himself get lost in thought, he was broken out of it when the girl came up to him again and gave a situational sit-rep. They were surrounded and she had her why off but that did not include him. He had his own way, but with his clothing, and assuming the police officers were not just focused on the front entrance but rather the entirety of the building, then he was not getting away without being seen. About to respond, Jake was interrupted by the sound that had alerted the girl, a door was being opened. Turning his red vision on, Jake could see a collective of red lights behind the door. That was till. the white haired woman shoot towards it with her web and slammed it shut. In less then a second or two everyone would know where they were.

Moving into action before she even spoke, Jake turned his red vision off and bounced towards the girl. "New shirt." Was all he grumbled as he quickly got to the girl and grabbed her by her waist, letting his wings out, feeling the sturdy feathered wings burst from his skin, being contained whiten the fabric of his shirt for a second before tearing apart the back of the shirt, spreading themselves wide. "I'll let you work out the landing" He made sure to quickly say before she complained, shooting from the roof, it was night so he would be hard to see for a second, his grayish wings would most likely give them away sooner then later but he moved about as fast as a car, so get to the tall buildings.

Plan in mind, Jake jumped high into the air, holding onto the woman before using the momentum from his jump to fling her higher into the air and towards what was the nearest building before flying even higher up into the air, he would curtly turn towards the higher buildings of the city of wind, he made sure to keep to the air close to the girl wherever she went, waiting for her to stop so they could have.. a chat. If she stopped.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe June 17th 2017, 4:56 am

Caught up in the heat of the moment, Johanna was totally taken aback when the masked kid rushed towards her only muttering something about a new shirt. A rush of embarrassment and anger swelled up within the young girl as the boy grabbed her by the waist. “Hey! Whats the big idea!” she shouted as she tried to squirm out of the boys grip. Her body wiggled and writhed and she even brought her hand up to punch the kid in the face, but retracted her fist as she noticed they were rapidly approaching the edge of the building. “Don’t you even think about it!”

That was when the very distinct sound of tearing fabric caught the young girls ears, and a pair of large dull gray wings expanded out of the masked kid’s back. With a single flap of his wings and kick off the ledge of the building, the two were now several feet above the crowed that had gathered outside the museum. Johanna quickly turned her head to catch a glimpse of the crowd. Several gasps and points towards the sky were more than enough to direct the police officers’ gaze upward. “Oh well this is just Fu-” before the young thief could finish her sentence the masked vigilante had used his strength to throw her through the air.

The boy’s actions had put Johanna just within range of the towering skyscraper that loomed over the museum. Cries of fear and gasps of shock echoed from below as the spectators thought the girl would certainly fall to her death. Johanna let herself glide gracefully through the air for several seconds and waited till she drew even closer to the building before stretching out her right hand and firing off a strand of webbing from her wrist mounted device. With the sticky threading secured to the window of the skyscraper, Johanna began to swing through the air.

She had no intentions of stopping now, especially since as far as she was concerned, her and the boy were even. She traveled two blocks before glancing over her shoulder to notice that she was still being followed. Letting out a low grumble that only she could hear, she pointed to a nearby rooftop. It would take Johanna only two well timed leaps and swings before she would gracefully touch down on the roof she had pointed out. She turned around to face the masked kid as he descended on the building himself. “Man, I just can’t get rid of you can I?”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof June 18th 2017, 7:16 am

Seemed she wasn't going to stop any time soon, and Jake had almost given up till she pointed out a nearby roof. Glancing behind him, Jake was certain that if police were trying to find the two, it would be difficult because of the height advantage the two had. Closing in the roof, Jake would land soundlessly, letting the two feathered wings fold back into his back, a sensation that still felt both strange and with the time spent with Samael, he felt okay to say 'magical' at the same time as it was strange.

Looking to the girl, who had basically said to leave her alone or something worse in the meaning of her words of not being able to be rid of him. "What can I say. We've yet to finish what we started." Jake stated with a shrug, before grabbing the front of his shirt and easily ripping it off, the torn clothing not doing anything to hide the back of his skin so he'd rather be bare chested then have fabric flapping about for what was to come. "And before you get any ideas." Jake quickly added as he balled the torn shirt and threw it away. "I can still fly over the museum with that bag of yours. So." Lowering himself to the ground, Jake would place a hand to the ground, his fingers just pressed against the stone of the roof. "Why don't we see if you deserve what you've taken. Could run of course. But... You wouldn't get far." Jake stated very slyly with a hint of a threat as he relaxed his shoulder, ready to move as soon as she did. Still not sure if he would stay true to his own words. He was looking forward to a fight, and it would be... exciting, but.. He also really didn't care for that museum.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe June 18th 2017, 11:46 pm

Johanna let out a small snort of laughter as the boy violently removed the torn shirt from his body. She began to slowly pace to the boy’s right and held out her hand which she then used to count out a series of assumptions and accusations about the kid with. “Well now, not only are you a masked vigilante, but you’re a stalker, and now an exhibitionist? Any other lovely quirks I should know about?” Her pacing came to an end and a rather devious smile crept upon her face. Her right hand slowly raised up to the collar of her suit and the feint sound of a zipper being undone filled the air.

Johanna’s gaze fell downward partially in an attempt to hide the nasty grin she hand on her face, but to also add a little air of mystery to the moment as she lowered the zipper of her suit low enough for her to show some cleavage. It was the oldest trick in the book. Her turquoise gaze lifted upwards slowly. Once she was certain her trick had worked, which judging by the kids silence it had, Johanna sprung into action. “What’s the matter hot stuff? Cat got your tongue?”

Her right hand stopped unzipping the suit at about the center of her chest and hovered there for a second before Johanna attacked the boy. A strand of the webbing rocketed out from her right wrist and smacked into the side of an air conditioning unit. The second the sticky thread had hit its target, Johanna gave an extraordinarily hard tug, ripping the unit from the roof and causing it to swing swiftly in the boys direction. At the same time, Johanna used her left hand to zip up her suit since she no longer needed to distract the boy.

“You’re extremely naive for someone who tries to fight crime. Especially if you think you’re going to get your hands on my loot!”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof June 19th 2017, 4:48 am

Jake felt like groaning to the woman, who's taunting was starting to get on his nerves. She had just assumed everything and worst of all. He was falling for it, anger formed as he curled his fist, wanting the girl to just strike now so he could just get this over with. But then, in the quiet of the night, the strangest sound he could ever think of hearing was a zipper, it wasn't terribly dark so he could see what was happening and what was happening was... Strange, really god damn strange.

Raising from his lowered stance, Jake silently watched in perplexed confusion, unable to look away for a few slight seconds before tearing his eyes away from the sight, cheeks warming up ever so slightly. Just why did she do that?

It was too late when Jake finally saw the fruit of that... distraction she offered, the distinct sound of her web shooter firing off, he almost expected it to hit him but it hadn't, instead, the sound of metal tearing appeared before he could only assume was something metal coming at him. A few things went though his mind, should he try to jump or dive? Would he have enough time? Should he let it hit him and hope it didn't do much, hope it wasn't dangerous enough... Closing his eyes, Jake decided on something else entirely and swung his arm outwards towards the object flying towards him, the back of his hand slamming into the metal object, nearly destroying the  air conditioner as the metal bent around his arm a bit before being bounced away.  

"Run girl. I'm starting to get a little pissed. And joke or insult however you want. I don't care if I break you in two." He wasn't sure if he meant what he had said, partly blaming the residue anger he sometimes felt from the Good sister. Mostly blaming the girl in front of him, but now... He was a little worried, he shouldn't be angry, he hated being angry. And as much as the aspect of a fight was to him, exciting. He hated being angry, and was already willing to let her run. So let her run.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe June 19th 2017, 5:28 am

Johanna didn’t recoil in fear nor did she freak out by the sudden show of strength demonstrated by the masked kid. No, instead she felt something else. Her heart was racing, adrenalin was flowing through her veins and excitement began to well up from within. The sensation she began to feel was unlike the rush she felt when in the midst of a job, no, this was much different. The open invitation the boy had issued via threat put Johanna over the edge. The young thief no longer wanted to get away, she wanted to stay and fight instead. The feeling was akin to the lolling aura of the goddess idols.

The girl couldn’t resist in taunting the boy again, it was in her nature. Her expression changed to somewhat of a gasp as she brought a hand up to her mouth. “Oh my god, is it really that big? I’ll have you know I’m a very classy lady. You’re gonna have to take me to dinner first if you wanna break me in half!” she said the last bit by accenting it with air quotes.

Caught up in the moment Johanna began to remove the duffle bag from her shoulder, only when the strap was lifted over her head did she remember all the trouble she had gone through to get her hands on the contents that rested within it. “Very well, the hard way it is.” she mumbled to herself as she lowered the strap back onto her shoulder. Fighting the masked vigilante with several pounds of priceless artifacts hanging from her back was nothing she wasn’t prepared for.

Johanna kept her gaze fixated on her target, there wasn’t a move the kid was going to make, that she wouldn’t see coming, quite literally in fact. That was going to be the key to this fight, keeping her eyes locked on her opponent. She had gotten a feel for what the boy was capable of back in the museum, and now knew he had a degree of super strength. Johanna began to ruminate on what other special skills the boy had hidden away. Just the thought was enough to make Johanna lick her lips in excitement.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof June 19th 2017, 10:17 am

Jake stared at the girl, his eyes emotionless to her choice, he had many hopes in the past minute, she would leave, she would fight, maybe they could throw away and fighting and just have a chat. That would have been the best outcome, yet the least likely. The second was her running, he actually expected her to run, but no. Every time he assumed something of the girl, away she did with that assumption by doing something else completely. She went with the second least option he expected of her, to stand and fight. And from the looks of it, she was rather excited by the aspect of it. Like he had been moments ago.

But now, he was just annoyed, angry. And her words didn't help, her continued need to make sexual jokes based on him doing something to her, at this point it was like she was asking for him to hate her... Or do those things. He would have shuddered at the thought if not for the fact he was stoic in posture. She wanted a fight, and him turning back would be... disgraceful. So for now he considered what he knew about her, besides those web shooters, she had mines of some kind of sleeping agent, possibly more. She had a good amount of strength and she had reflexes. Plus, she could... Move fast, almost like predicating him, something he felt like she had from the moment the two had met this night. He on the other hand, had strength, wings, some reflexes and a vision. He hadn't forgotten his red energy, but it's use here on this rooftop would only be a danger. That and he didn't want to kill the girl, no matter how angry she got him, it was only anger inducing actions... Nothing like before. And he knew the perfect way of working though that anger, by doing what he did best, planning and planning quickly.

Getting into a low stance like before, Jake kept his eyes on the girl, waiting for her to make the first move for she had all the advantages, range, close and she still most likely had surprises. Which meant he had to not only focus on everything she did and everything around him, but also keep surprising her. It would be the only way he had a inkling of winning this, and that was a terrifying thought. He had never met someone who wasn't inherently weaker then him which was far too few or anything who wasn't more powerful then him, plenty of those. No. She... She was both, she could be beaten but she could quite easily beat him... Okay this was going to be very exciting. But he also needed a plan, and that was two things, hope she closes distance and keep on the move, a difficult thing seeing as this rooftop was barren except for a few scattered bits of machinery. This wasn't his playing field. So ether she closed distance, or he had too. But letting her come first... Would benefit him more then attacking outright.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe June 20th 2017, 5:42 am

The look of joy on Johanna’s face remained for several seconds before fading. The boy was reluctant to attack. *Is he for fucking real?* she thought to herself as the masked kid simply stood his ground unwilling to make the first move. Johanna narrowed her eyes in slight annoyance. Did he figure out how her power worked? Did he think that maybe she was too weak for him, and was thus giving her a chance to escape? Questions filled the young thief’s mind uncertain with how to proceed. She had already made her play, albeit a very poor play, but it was a play nonetheless.

And now here they were, two teens on an isolated rooftop in the heart of Chicago. The air was filled with a fine layer of tension. For the following moments Johanna’s gaze remained fixated on the masked vigilante. Distant sirens fill the night and echoed through the artificial canyons created by the towering skyscrapers of the city. By now the search for the two teens must have come to an end or perhaps they were still on the hunt, judging by the distant sound of helicopter blades cutting through the air, they were still looking to make an arrest.

Johanna lowered herself into a fighting stance, her foot dug into the gravel that lined the roof. While it wasn’t ideal footing, it did offer a lot of mobility options for the white haired girl. Johanna could feel herself beginning to get a bit antsy. The sensation of fighting someone that was possibly on her level or even just the aspect of fighting in general had bored its way into her. She was eager to jump right into the fray and had begun to think about different possible things she could open up with. Her eyes scanned the roof for possible props to use against the boy. Three more air conditioning units remained on the roof, there was also a water tower, several sections of piping and wiring, a few ventilation vents and the roof access door.

She contemplated throwing another unit at the kid, even if it didn’t do anything before. There was also the possibility of her leaping into the air and crashing down on the boy, but she wasn’t one hundred percent sure her webbing would hold onto the loose gravel well. Idea after idea swirled through her calculating mind, but she was still content on making the boy carry out the first move.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof June 20th 2017, 5:57 am

Quiet, everyone was quiet, far too quiet, except of course of distant sounds, but they didn't matter. What mattered was here. And here was silent. Because no one was moving. His advantage would never come, sure he could wait for her to come at him, but that wasn't going to work, because he too was growing slightly impatient. So if anyone was going to make the first move now. It would most likely be him and if he was going to make the first move, he was going to be direct. Best way to get all the information he could about the girls ability's, that and it meant that when he tried to be sneaky with his later tactics, it would be a more surprising attack, direct now, tricky later.

Setting both hands on the gravel ground, Jake pushed off and ran towards the girl, fast but too fast, as he began to step to the side every second step as he got closer and closer to keep his movement erratic as he made his way to the young woman before finally almost reaching arms length, to which he made a final, different tactic as soon as his foot hit the ground to what seemed arms length, he jumped off it, moving his body into a aerial cartwheel, Jake would move to twist his body once more so that he could deliver a kick from both of his feet in the general direction of the girls back.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe June 21st 2017, 5:11 am

It had begun, the lack of action had gotten the better of the vigilant boy and he was the first to act. In unison with his very first hunch a ripple echoed throughout the area, stirring the residual energies that lay dormant. Johanna’s mind fired into overdrive and emitted an almost kaleidoscope style effect for her eyes to read. Shooting out in every direction were after images of the boy, each one lead to a different future, each one showing a different outcome that could come true. This flood of information had to be read and analyzed by Johanna in order for her to make the best of her unique ability.

Of the possible futures Johanna could see, there were three in total that lead to an attack on her, while the others seemed to read as strategic movements for cover. Taking into account what the boy had said earlier, Johanna immediately ruled out anything that appeared nonagressive, and focused on reading the boys attacks instead. Johanna was running out of time in making her decision, each future all seemed rather plausible, but one of the three truly stood out. It appeared to Johanna as though the kid was moving in a rather erratic way. This gave Johanna the queue she needed or at least she hoped she needed in order to react to the masked boy’s attack.

Just as the boy’s body began to move towards the young thief, her suspicions were proven correct. She knew what he was going to do, at least in this instant anyway. With that in mind Johanna’s arm quickly slipped behind her back where she dislodged one of her gas mines from her belt. In the same instant the boy began his leap, Johanna triggered the mine and threw it up into the air behind her back. Using her quick reflexes, the young girl would then roll forward away from the quickly spreading cloud of sleeping gas. As she came out of her roll, Johanna would turn to face the boy and fire off a strand of her webbing from her wrist in an attempt to grab the boy. If the sticky thread connected, Johanna would use all her strength to pull the boy down out of the air and slam him into the roof. If her attack missed then there was really no loss, and she would once again be in position to the the boy make a counter attack….if there was one.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum