The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapA angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_voting_barA angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapA angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_voting_barA angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 Empty Re: A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei)

Post by Johanna Sharpe April 29th 2017, 4:43 am

Lorelei couldn’t help but notice that there was an air of quaint awkwardness. As Jake and Lorelei sat in the cafe, the world around them seemed to not matter, at least that’s how Lorelei felt. The loud voices of the other people visiting the restaurant seemed to almost fade out of existence as the two kids enjoyed their lunch. Lorelei took her time savoring every bite of the desserts she had ordered. In between bites she would look around the building, but her eyes always landed back on the boy sitting opposite from her. Just being there with him, brought to her some piece of mind, much in the way Clover did.

Neither of the two had spoken a word in quite a while, and as the little Atlantean geared up to eat her last slice of cheesecake, she noticed the uneasiness in Jake’s body language. Her pink eyes took note of every fidget he made, leading her to the conclusion that Jake was the type of person that didn’t like to stay in one place for to long, which was another quality he seemed to share with Lorelei’s adopted sister. Lorelei found it strange how someone could be so anxious to be on the move, to always have or need something to do.

After sliding the last bit of cheesecake into her mouth, Lorelei reached down to her lap and retrieved her napkin and then proceeded to lightly tap her lips with the black cloth. Lorelei gently placed the napkin down over the pile of plates she had accumulated before looking up to find the kind waitress that had been serving them. A simple nod of the head from Lorelei was all that was needed for the waitress to know that the young girl was ready for the check. Moments later she circled around to the table and placed a small black leather booklet on the table. Lorelei would produce a credit card from her seemingly over packed duffle bag and place it into the booklet.

“That was pretty good, I’ll have to remember the name of this place for next time.” she said cheerfully while awaiting the waitresses return with her card. Once they were done here, the two could head back out onto the street. The little blue girl began to feel an overwhelmingly nervous feeling grip her as the left the restaurant. If Jake was honest about what he had said earlier then they were moments away from taking to the sky. The prospect of flying filled the young girls heart with a bit of anxiety as she began to think of the logistics of the whole endeavor.

*How is this going to work? How is he going to carry me? What happens if I fall?*

Lorelei continued to think as she mindlessly wandered next to Jake, letting him lead the way as he was more familiar with the city than she was.

Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2016-08-05

Back to top Go down

A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) - Page 3 Empty Re: A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei)

Post by Shadowoof April 29th 2017, 5:35 am

Jake watched as she finished her meal, piece by piece, treat by treat, till nothing was left. It was... fascinating, where did all that food go? It gave him something to think about, what was her biology? Did she have all the same organs? Most mammals did, brain, heart, lungs. But she had gills, her skin, muscles, adapted to living under the pressure of the deep sea. It was a question no one really knew how to answer in biology, when Scott asked how do meta's have there ability's. They were told the meta gene, but a gene doesn't explain how people had fire shooting out there hands, there isn't a organ for that.  

Jake's assumption was that the skin cells molecules would shake so fast they heated up, and then the pores of their hands opened up and expunged the heat molecules into a flame... It was science. But then again, science can't really explain angels and demons... No. That was magic.

Jake glanced at Lorelei as they waited for her card to be returned.. Not sure what to think, so he just examined the tufts of pink rose like hair that was hers. But he stopped when the waitress returned and they left the restaurant, leaving into the street. Jake felt relieved in a sense, a spring in his step as he led Lorelei down the street and into an alleyway, no sense taking off in the middle of a street, less people this way too.

Stopping, Jake once again, glanced at Lorelei, he didn't exactly want to ruin his shirt, but he also did not completely feel comfortable taking it off ether. He had plenty of times where his suit was ruined and he was left shirtless in his... adventures. But never around a girl. "Okay. Just. Don't laugh." Jake said a little uneasily as he grabbed at his shirt and pulled it off, the clothing in his hand. He already began to feel self conscious, his eyes going over his arms, lower body, he was still muscle, firm. Years of training did that, but now, he had thoughts on if his angelic nature had anything to do with his impressive form. His height. Quickly shaking his head, Jake focused on his back, focused on his wings and soon enough, the grey wings grew out from his back, growing into full size. The tips of the feathered wings reached the walls of of the alleyway, four meters of feathers and muscle that quickly closed in and folded to Jake's back.

Standing still for a few seconds, Jake's eyes glued to the ugly grey wings, he always thought the color was at the same time, off putting yet... somewhat pretty.. Looking at Lorelei, he considered a few possible ways he could carry her, not on his back like before, she could get in the way of his wings. Arms under hers might be uncomfortable.. With a small mumble, Jake flung his shirt over his shoulder as he walked towards Lorelei, quickly scooping up the girl, an arm hooked under her legs and the other on the small of her back. It was... he didn't want to think about it. She wasn't heavy at all, his strength made sure of that. "Sorry if this gets uncomfortable." Jake said, trying his best to keep his voice calm and light, not what he felt. Which was already confusing to begin with. But with that, Jake bent down and jumped high into the air, passing the walls of the alleyway and reaching the rooftops, Jake opened the wings, taking Nathanial's teachings into thought to help keep him focused on what he was doing. His wings flapped, strong, keeping them afloat in the air, continuing to rise up into the open sky, it was still a strange feeling, to not be falling back down to the earth, but it was a nice feeling too.

"Right. Where too first?" Jake asked, glancing down to look at Lorelei, trying to keep his eyes focused on hers then anywhere else, like the ground, or her hair... why was it pink? Was that natural..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe April 29th 2017, 6:24 am

Lorelei continued to follow Jake down the sidewalk. Despite her mind being preoccupied, she displayed a freakishly acute sense of spatial awareness which kept her from bumping into anyone while she followed close behind Jake. The two eventually made their way into an alley and Jake’s words were enough to snap her out of her daze. “Don’t laugh at wh-” Before she could speak another word, Jake removed his top. The young Atlantean’s face took on a slight shade of pink as she caught herself staring at the boy, completely unsure of what to make of the situation.

Lorelei tried to avert her eyes and immediately began to look at the nearby brick walls for anything that she could focus her attention on. Try as she might, Lorelei couldn’t look away and her eyes eventually remained glued on Jake as he spread his elegant and beautiful wings. Lorelei was awestruck at the sight. In all her years of living, she had never seen anything quite like it, then again she hadn’t really seen much of anything except for the four walls of the room she was held in by her father.

As Lorelei stared at Jake’s wings, her anxiety slowly crept back to her. She began to once again wonder how Jake planed on carrying her, or if she’d even be safe. As these thoughts swirled through her mind, Lorelei was swept quite literally off of her feet. In her brief lapse of focus, the young boy had swooped her up and had taken to the skies.

Every inch and fiber of Lorelei’s being wanted so badly to squirm and wiggle in fear as the ground got further and further away, but she fought the feeling. Lorelei’s arms wrapped firmly around Jake’s shoulders and her hands interlocked. She maintained a vice like grip for the sake of not plummeting to her death, even though she was certain that Jake wouldn't let her fall. Much like Jake kept his gaze on anything but the ground, Lorelei found herself staring directly into Jake’s blue eyes. She found them somewhat soothing.

When Jake began to speak, Lorelei shot her gaze off into the distance, to embarrassed by the vulnerable position Jake had placed her in, shades of pink making themselves visible once again. “uh…um…I uh…I don’t know!” she mumbled.

On one hand Lorelei desperately wanted to find the place that Gabriel had set her up with, but that piece of paper was tucked away in her duffle bag and she was in no mood to try and attempt to search for it. That being said, she also didn’t want to leave Jake so quickly either. This was the first time the two had actually hung out since that night, and it was perfect opportunity for them to blow off some steam and have a little fun. “Did you have anything in mind?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof April 29th 2017, 8:18 am

No, no, no, no. Jake had kept his eyes on Lorelei's. But he still glanced the light shade of pink that filled her cheeks, and Jake felt himself pull away at the same time she did, his own cheeks heating up. He wanted to hit himself, he needed to focus. Lorelei gave him something to focus on. A location, a place. Somewhere. "Not yet. But.." Jake finished by flying upwards faster now, like a car, speeding up from a slow drive into a quick one. He estimated he moved about the same speed as your average car, from sixty to eighty mph.

Stopping at some point, Jake looked down to find that the buildings were becoming squares and the people were becoming faint dots. With this, he began to slowly spin in a three sixty degree turn, eyes scanning the horizon for somewhere to go. Also so Lorelei could see what he was seeing when he wasn't looking for a place to go, the beauty where you could find it from this height. Back to something for them to do. They were not your average teens... Jake remembered Lorelei's ability, her earth manipulation, and her life under the sea. To survive all that pressure, she had to be durable... but what about strength. She never showed it during there brief encounters. "How about, with out stomachs filled, let's put that energy to use. And see what the extents of your ability's are. Trapped in a room all your life... you should find out just what you can do right." Jake said, finishing his search to the distant forest outside the city. Raising into the air, Jake would dip downwards towards the forest, tightening his hold on Lorelei to make extra sure he didn't let go by accident.

Speeding on-wards, Jake noticed that wind resistance did not play much a factor as it should have. If it did, flying might not have been as much fun as it was. Maybe it was because of his wings, maybe not. He didn't spend too much thinking on stuff like that, stuff that couldn't be answered by his own thinking. Closing in on a opening into the forest, a clean short, grass field in view, Jake dropped down into it, feet hitting the ground, Jake let Lorelei down and grabbed at his shoulder, feeling nothing but skin. Of course, he was flying, his shirt was not going to stay on so easily. "Right. Now. Let's see your strength." Walking towards a tree. Jake wrapped his arms around it and pulled upwards. It wasn't immediate, this tree had years to grow it's roots deep under the ground, but after some seconds of effort, he easily uprooted the tree from it's place. Turning to look at Lorelei. he offered a smile before turning back and stuffing the tree back into the hole he made from the action.

"Find a tree and give it a go. You lived under serious pressure I assume. So if your body adapted to it. You should be really strong. Stronger then me even. So. Depending on how strong. You should learn to use that strength. So next time we run into a being like Chroma. You can surprise them with brutal force." Jake almost wanted to laugh, he sounded like a teacher but what he said was true. During there fight, all she did was move metal and earth, if she was strong like he thought, then she could do so much more. She needed to be able to do. So. Much. More.

If Chroma... No.. The alternate Clover, the older clover appeared again, it would be with Lorelei and Clover. She might have issued the challenge but he assumed she wouldn't personally look for him to do it. No. If it was going to happen, he was going to be with Lorelei again when it did. It almost made him worry if she would appear now, during a time where Lorelei was sad, they would have been easy to spot for someone who was looking and they were far away from civilization... He shook his head, there was no way it was going to happen, for now, he had to focus on Lorelei. He was doing that a lot, a thought that made his cheeks silently flush before quickly fading. No. No.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe April 30th 2017, 10:59 pm

Jake continued to climb higher and higher into the sky. The buildings and people below became nothing but simple shapes and specks. Lorelei had been doing her best to keep her mind off the terrifying height they were climbing to, but just had to take a look down out of curiosity. The vice-like grip she had applied to her interlocked hands only grew tighter. As Lorelei moved her gaze from the ground, back up towards the sky, she caught a glimpse of the New York City skyline. The way the buildings stretched upwards towards the heavens was awe inspiring for the young Atlantean and even left her with feelings of nostalgia as the skyscrapers reminded her of the towering buildings of her home.

Still slightly terrified with the height and fear of falling, the young blue girl turned her gaze to the one thing that brought her some peace, and that was Jake’s face. That was when Lorelei noticed that Jake was looking for something in particular. She began to follow his eyes and would turn her head occasionally to see the same things he was looking at. Eventually Jake stopped rotating, no doubt having found what he was looking for. There was a small wooded area just outside of the city that the boy seemed to have his gaze fixated on. The young Atlantean princess let out a slight giggle to herself when Jake assumed that she didn’t know the extent of her own strength. She did give him slack however, seeing as how this was the only real time they had gotten together.

It was beginning to look like Jake’s idea of something to do was train or at least to help Lorelei realize her potential. As the boy made his way over to a large tree, Lorelei made her way over to a downed log and took a seat. Lorelei placed her olive colored duffle bag down on the log next to her and began fiddling around with the contents inside, occasionally shooting a glance in Jake’s direction to show she was paying attention. The small forest filled with the sound of roots snapping and cracking as Jake used his angelic strength to uproot a tree. Lorelei quickly turned her attention away from the contents of her duffle bag to applaud Jake’s feat of strength with a slight expression of amusement on her face.

Once the boy had replanted the old tree back in the hole that had be created by its uprooting, Lorelei leapt off the log with a roll of boxing tape. The young girl certainly looked ready for the occasion, having been already in her ‘training’ clothes (An over sized t-shirt and black bicycle shorts that ended around the middle of her thighs). Lorelei kicked her shoes off and wiggled her toes around in the nice cool grass. This was going to be a little fun, or at least that’s what she thought, thinking forward to what Jake’s reaction was going to be. The young Atlantean went about wrapping up her hands and ankles in the tape before she approached the nearby trees that surrounded the clearing. She carefully inspected each one to make sure there were no animals in which ever tree she decided to use.

After a few moments of browsing, Lorelei eventually came up to a thick tree. She placed her palm on the tree and then slowly pulled it away. Lorelei looked ready to strike the tree down with a punch but in a sudden motion, she delivered a devastating roundhouse kick to the trunk of the tree. The end result was the tree being completely obliterated as its splintered remains rained down all around the two kids.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof April 30th 2017, 11:49 pm

"Err... Yea... Remind me not to get hit by you. Ever." Jake mumbled, eyes a little wide as he brushed the wooden splinters from his hair. That was... something. The tree didn't even exist after that, he wasn't sure if he could gain the same results, heck anywhere close to that. It was a show of strength that wanted to make him show off his... Well, not his true strength, but his ability that greatly increased his strength. However, he didn't want to break anything of his today, nor any day. That ability was reserved for dangerous encounters only, that was that. Sadly.

"Yea. Never mind, I just remembered you said training with Clover. Well... Just. Make sure you use that. Force. Cause hot damn that is scary." Jake said, sitting down into the grass and looking into the sky. That plan was ruined, and now he was left unsure what to do. The day was still young...ish but getting older the more they waited. "Well. I got nothing. You know your strength better then I know mine. So... Unless you got any ideas. I guess I can fly you to your house." Jake wasn't sure he wanted today to end just yet, but that wasn't just for Lorelei's sake, it was for himself, because ending the day meant he had nothing else to do but go home, home. The one place he didn't want to be in. He also had to go back and get his suit.. But why? He hid his face because he had a life, now it was slowly seeping away. To the point he was just a kid in a suit. Maybe it was better he lost the suit, heck, he didn't even have a proper name for this activity anyway. As Lorelei said, taking it from your own name just.. loses the mystery that surrounds it.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe May 4th 2017, 2:34 am

Lorelei could tell very clearly by the look on Jake’s face and the tone of his voice, that she had gone a tad bit to far. For the little Atlantean it felt extremely invigorating to blow off a little steam after such a stressful week. “Did…Did I over do it? I did, didn’t I?” Lorelei hung her head low in a bit of embarrassment and timidly brushed some of the tree’s remains off of her shorts. “I never really got to go all out on Clover because I was afraid I’d hurt her.” The young girl looked up at Jake while still trying to brush the splinters of wood off her shirt and out of her fluffy pink hair.

Seeing the boy sit down on the soft and lush grass triggered an urge within Lorelei to follow suit. With a small thud she landed on the ground next to him and leaned back to look up at the sky as well. Lorelei was still trying to wrap her mind around the notion that she had just been carried through that same sky. After that experience the sky didn’t seem so far away any more. She reached up with her right hand and playfully pretended to catch one of the passing clouds in her hand. She took a glance out of the corner of her eye as Jake mentioned taking her to her new home now, but based on his tone of voice and slightly rigid posture, Lorelei could tell he didn’t want to go home, at least not yet anyway.

This left the two teens in a strange predicament. Lorelei was pretty sure there were things that normal kids did to pass the time or have fun, but neither her or Jake were exactly normal. The young Atlantean prince stroked her chin as she thought about what Clover would do in this situation. *Think, think, think!* she thought. That’s when two ideas popped into the girls mind. “We could go shopping! It’s what Clover does when she’s bored. Or you could stay at my place for a little while…. She slowly tilted her head in the boys direction. “There’s still plenty of daylight left right? We don’t have to head home so soon, I’m sure there are plenty of fun things to do!”

Lorelei sprung to her feet, the expression on her face and overall pose just oozed optimism.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 4th 2017, 10:03 am

Jake tried to offer a smile to Lorelei but his smiles had all but vanished. His days revolved around him looking for a reason to beat people up, or at least scare them. The idea of shopping was... odd, he again didn't have money so Lorelei would be the one spending. But one thing was certain, there was plenty of sunlight left, and there had to be just as many plentiful things left to do in that light. But of course, they could not do so here. "Let's find one then." Jake said as he pushed himself to a stand, letting his wings spread out, Jake would once again, scoop Lorelei off her feat and take off into the skies.

Soon, the forest that they had been in, (And slightly ruined by one shattered tree and another strangely planted one) they rose high into the air, leaving the forest but a mass of green. But Jake's eyes were elsewhere, he could go anywhere with this? He could turn his red vision on and see... everything. Every person, inside and outside. But he wasn't looking for that, he wasn't looking for a fight, not now. He was looking for something far better. And that was when an idea spoke to him, well, he had to give Lorelei's title as an underwater princess for the idea. "We're heading to the beach, but in a very different manner." Jake said as he sped though the skies towards a beach, but not any beach, he was looking for one where the waves were good enough that a surfer would be racing to catch them and eventually he did.

Closing in, Jake did not stop as they reached the sand but instead started to lower as they made it to the water, continuing to do so till they were almost two meters from the water. "Now. Trust me." Jake would say, glancing to the endless sea that was to his right, right now it was calm, the waves gentle for now, but that could change, he counted on that change. Letting go of Lorelei's legs, Jake would position the girl till her feet dangled towards the water, his arms wrapped around hers protectively so that he would not accidentally drop her. Sure she could breath underwater but he felt it would be a rude gesture if he allowed such to happen.

Lowering her towards the water, still flying forwards, Jake stopped as he felt the drag of water that would hopefully be Lorelei's feet hitting the water, hoping that Lorelei found the experience... fun. He enjoyed it, the sound of the air, the sea. It was enough to forget this was a public beach and they were probably entertaining a whole slew of people on the beach and in the waters. Now all he had to do was wait for a giant wave, for he wanted to try something fairly stupid, but hell, he was a half angel and Lorelei, a deep sea princess, they were allowed to do stupid.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe May 6th 2017, 2:24 am

Lorelei made sure to grab her duffle bag before Jake decided to sweep her off her feet once more. Unlike the last time, Lorelei was prepared for this, and wasn’t initially shocked as the ground beneath their feet slowly began to grow further and further away. The soft and inviting grass soon became a small light green dot amidst the lush green canopy of the forest as Jake made his way higher and higher into the sky. The boy’s head was once again on a swivel as he looked about for something in particular. Lorelei tightened the grip she had between her interlocked fingers. The thought of falling was still a very real fear, but after having traveled by air once already, She felt just a tad bit more secure this time around.

It wasn’t until Jake had settled on a destination and had begun moving, that Lorelei had bothered to look anywhere other than the sky above them. The breeze playfully danced through the waves and curls of her fluffy pink hair, and softly brushed over her face. Lorelei’s eyes began to track the feint blue outline of the ocean as it slowly crept into view. The familiar smell of the sea played on the young Atlantean’s nostalgia. Lorelei livened up a bit as Jake swooped down over the beach. This one the first time Lorelei had been anywhere near the ocean since Madeline and Clover had rescued her from her father.

The young girl’s heart nearly shot up into her throat as Jake unexpectedly lowered her down and had adjusted the way he was carrying her. She dangled freely over the water as Jake gradually lowered her down till the soles of her feet splashed down in the water. The initial drag caused by Lorelei’s dipping slightly beneath the surface was the sign Jake was looking for as he came to a complete stop. Several oohs and aahs filled the air as a group of kids stared up at the young half angel, and the blue Atlantean in his arms. Lorelei let out a small chuckle. “Hi there!” she said to the young kids. The young Atlantean was met by shy waves from the kids before they went back to splashing each other with water.

Lorelei kicked her feet about in the water a bit, while she less than gracefully hung in the air, before looking up at Jake. “You could put me down now you know.” She then concentrated her power and began to manipulate the sand that rested just below her feet. The small granules began to collide with one another, eventually forming a small platform that rose slowly out of the sea. Lorelei continued to manipulate the sand till it had created a nice solid platform for her to sit on. At this point she felt a bit silly as now she rested at the top of this sandy pillar, where she sat cross legged, while her arms remained hoisted up by Jake.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 6th 2017, 3:59 am

Jake considered his options, and decided while they waited, they could. Letting her go slowly, Jake lowered and allowed his wings to fold back into his back, so that he could sit by Lorelei, just watching the sea move. "You know... This is always nice. Just. Sitting here." Jake said, remaining silent as the sea moved. he had planned to do something, fly though a large wave but now.. He was simply content to just sit next to Lorelei and look out into the sea, enjoy the breeze, the smell, the sounds. It was nice.

It continued to remain nice till the sound of rushing water interrupted his peace and he glanced to the right. At first he was slightly confused by the approaching shadows but all was explained when he looked up, a wall of water coming towards them. Inner instinct made him act, his wings opening wide as he grabbed Lorelei and jumped into the wave rather then away, his wings curling around the two of them as they went before reaching the other side of the giant wave that had just threatened to crush them both. It was only now, that Jake realized, in the air, his wings soaked, the feathers soggy looking on the outside and somewhat the inside that he remembered who he was with, a girl who could literally breath under water. The thought was enough to make him laugh. "Well.. That was.. Fun. Want to stay a little longer or go somewhere else?" Jake asked, realizing once more how great this was, this ability to fly, he could go. Anywhere. And he was glad to share it with Lorelei, who made it more fun then he thought possible.

"I guess we could also head to your new place. If you just moved in then you might want some help setting it all up." Jake also offered, remembering her offer to just stick around there, it was a nice thought but if they were going to do it, they might as well have a good way to use up time, seeing as it was still day light. Well, almost, they spent some time flying, finding this place could use up the rest of it depending on how far it was, and how hard it was to find.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe May 7th 2017, 5:01 am

Lorelei sat and enjoyed the peaceful scenery and the soothing sound of the waves crashing against the shore. This truly was a refreshing change of pace from the norm Lorelei had come to accept as routine ever since she was adopted into the Sinclair family. Day in and day out, it was training with Clover, and studying about the world with Winston or Gabriel. There was hardly a time that Lorelei was allowed to venture out on her own. Lorelei took a moment to lean back on the sand pillar and think about the freedom she had now that she was on her own.

A small sigh escaped the young Atlantean’s lips and a smile soon followed. She was incredibly grateful that Gabriel had allowed her to do this on her own. The very thought that someone that wasn’t even related to her cared so much for her, was enough to put her mind at ease when she looked to the future. It was during this time, while Lorelei was lost in thought, that Jake suddenly and unexpectedly grabbed a hold of her once more, and leapt into an on coming wave. “eep” She cried as her bottom left the safety and comfort of the sand pillar with no explanation.

Once the two emerged on the other side of the large wave, Lorelei looked back to see the small seat she had created, slowly sink back into the sea. Lorelei hanged from Jake’s arms with a blank expression on her face, unsure what to make of what just happened. Her pink gaze shifted upward as she tried her best to get a look at Jake’s face. He had offered to finally take her to the place Gabriel had set up for her, but now it was her that wasn’t ready to head out just yet. Being brought to the ocean had made the young Atlantean home sick and all she wanted to do at this moment was enjoy the cool breeze and lovely view for just a little bit longer. “We don’t have to go just yet. Gabriel assured me everything would be set up when I got there, that way I wouldn’t have to hassle with anything.” Lorelei kicked her legs around in the air playfully as she just dangled there. “I’d really like to stay here a bit longer if that’s ok…Besides I have something I’ve been wanting to show you anyway. Being here at the beach just reminded me of that.” She flashed the boy a smile.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 7th 2017, 6:18 am

Jake's eyebrow rose in suspicion as Lorelei smiled, whatever she had to show him, it must have been good. "Well. Seeing as you got that already sorted." Jake glided towards the safety of the beach, landing, he stumbled a small bit, not use to landing on a not solid platform, but he kept his balance and stood tall, letting Lorelei down. Giving his wings a few quick flaps, water was flung around by the wet feathers before he let them slide into his back a small tingling sensation was felt, but he assumed that was the water, seeing as he didn't know how the wings were stored, he was satisfied to just think that.

Finally getting a look at his surroundings, he saw more people then he liked, well, the past him would have liked.. He found that thought funny, in the past few months, he had changed so much. From learning he was part angel, to this, being able to use his powers in the open without care. A rule his mom had instilled into him, wanting him to be as normal as possible, yet as the other people here, maybe glanced at him before going back to there own thing and he was reminded that this was the world he lived in, a world that had people who could move faster then the eye could see, people who could destroy buildings without a thought, a world with demons and under water princesses. He and Lorelei were just one of those many beings. He simply smiled before plopped himself into the sand and turning his eyes to Lorelei, she had something to show him, and he was not going to be rude and not look. For the little time he spent with her, he learned more then he could, jumping building to building, punching the next bad guy and he liked that, liked that he didn't have to punch people to be.. happy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe May 9th 2017, 4:19 am

Jake wasn’t the only one that had gained a new trick in the time between their first visit and now. Lorelei was eager to show off the new power she had discovered. The thought of it only served to further distance herself from other Atlantean’s. As if being a rare color amongst her kind, or being able to manipulate earth weren't already enough to paint her as unique as Atlantean’s could get, Lorelei had discovered there was much more to her than she even knew herself. As Jake slowly drifted towards the sandy beach, Lorelei could feel the urge to show off building up within her.

Once her feet were placed on the soft sand of the beach, she wiggled her toes around in it, much like she had with the grass back in the woods. Her pink eyes glared at Jake as he shook his wings dry. Not being able to hold back any longer, Lorelei held her hand out and as the droplets of water left the gray feathers of Jake’s wings. Instead of falling to the ground as gravity would have dictated, the little droplets of water remained suspended in air for several seconds. Lorelei’s concentration had shifted from her friend to the water she now commanded and kept her gaze fixated on it for several seconds.

The young Atlantean shot a glance in Jake’s direction to make sure he was paying attention and that was then the real fun began. The droplets of water slowly floated towards the center of the girl’s outstretched hand. The tiny orbs of water began to dance and swirl around in Lorelei’s palm as she did her best to manipulate them. As Lorelei continued to show off, her ambition and pride began to get the better of her. Even though she was new to this power, one that she was certain she’d never have, Lorelei wanted to push herself. She wanted to show off not only to impress Jake, but to reaffirm her own self confidence.

The droplets of water started to grow closer and closer to each other until they had all combined into a single medium sized orb. Lorelei wasn’t satisfied with the display she was putting on, and decided that she could do better. To that end the young Atlantean princess furrowed her brow and increased her concentration. With this new found level of concentration, Lorelei began to draw out the moisture and water that was trapped in her clothes and duffle bag. The water slowly drained from all the soaked objects and rushed to fuse with the orb she had already been holding onto.

What was once the size of a softball, had now grown at least ten times in size. The Mass of water had grown so large that Lorelei had to begin manipulating it with both hands. The young pink haired girl slowly began to back away from the orb until it and Jake were both in view. She flashed Jake a large childish grin, proud of her accomplishment. “I don’t even know how I’m doing this to be honest. I really shouldn’t be able to!”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 10th 2017, 2:28 am

Jake looked at the small orb of water a it formed, at first he thought if she had gotten powers of anti-gravity, the way the water stopped, but as she focused the orb, let it grow, pulling water from every area on her, heck, he began to think he could take the wet sand, even water from the Ocean they had recently flown over. But then that was when she said that this was something that wasn't normal for her, no... that she shouldn't be able to do.

He thought about her ability to move not only the earth but metal and thought about it, she was an underwater princess. If that meant anything, it would mean the ability to manipulate that which she grew up in. But this was something she just got recently? Something that she wasn't even meant to be able to do. It gave Jake some details on Lorelei's past, some thoughts. "Could be your evolving. Becoming stronger. I think stress tends to make things we can do appear when we didn't know about them." Jake said, letting his wings and turning on his red vision, his eyes glowing a bright red for a first time that Lorelei would have seen this particular ability. "My wings and red vision, just appeared. Sure they might have always been apart of me. But I didn't learn till they happened, after months of doing things that threaten me daily." Jake finished, letting his red vision turn off, back to his natural blue eyes, but he kept his wings,which were dryer then when they went into his back, were left out as he folded them close to his back, which were dryer then when they went into his back.

"But besides the why of the power. Who care if your not meant to be able too. You can control water and the earth And metal. That is pretty neat. Can others do that? Maybe. But hey, your the first person I know of who can do it so till then, that's your power. No one can tell you otherwise." Jake said, not only because he believed his words to be true, but also because he felt Lorelei needed them, just another boost to her self esteem that she deserved. It also made him a little envious of her ability's, she could do so much, yet if he wanted to be strong, he had to pay a price. It was annoying but... maybe he needed it, a eye for an eye, and he was okay with that. Even if he would take the way out of that trade if he could find one.

"But the real question remains. What now?" Jake asked this in two ways, a challenge for what she could do with that ability, and the honest way, what now? Do they just enjoy the beach for a few more hours, or do they head off. He was happy to let Lorelei decide how she saw his words meaning, and happy to let her choose there next few hours. For he was just happy to sit back and enjoy this time he shared with the teen sea princess.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe May 11th 2017, 4:51 am

Lorelei’s bright and exuberant smile quickly faded from her blue face and was quickly replaced with narrowed brows and a slight pout. She understood that Jake was trying to be supportive and helpful, but he knew nothing about her kind. It was a miracle that she could manipulate water like this. The young girl decided to give her friend a brief history lesson on the Atlantean’s and how their abilities worked. Lorelei began to slowly walk into position in front the boy. Along the way she gave a simple wave of her left hand and the mass of water that she had collected swiftly flew through the air and splashed down into the ocean.

Once she was in front of Jake, Lorelei placed both her hands on her hips and bent forward just slightly. Her expression still conveyed one of slight annoyance. “It’s not that I’m evolving. The fact that I can manipulate water at all, is impossible.” The young girl plopped down in the sand where she had been standing and continued to educate, or at least explain to Jake why it was she shouldn't be able to do what it was she did. She brought her hand up to her mouth and cleared her throat before puffing out her chest as if to seem more serious. “Where I come from, there are two types of Atlanteans. Those that can manipulate water, and those like me that can manipulate earth. Atlantean’s that can manipulate earth are looked down upon by the rest of our kind because it’s believed that the very first earth bending atlantean’s were what caused our great city to sink beneath to the bottom of the ocean.”

Lorelei paused for a moment only to make sure Jake was paying attention to what she had to say. “Anyway, there has never been a single record of an Atlantean that was capable of manipulating both elements, not even in the royal family….my family!” The small girl shot up to her feet after giving her explanation and turned back to face the sea. The sun was beginning its slow decent and the hue of the blue sky had begun to shift to a gradient of purple and orange. The young Atlantean princess watched the light of the sun reflecting of the restless ocean surface. The way the small specks of light danced about made Lorelei think of her homes.

Her pink eyes tracked the movement of the light as she had a flash back to the fight she had with Clover. The sparkles of light reminded Lorelei of the energy that Clover had flung around so freely during that training session. There was a serious amount of murderous intent behind her eyes that day. *It’s all that stupid serums fault. No! It’s all that metal persons fault!* Anger and frustration built up within Lorelei to the point where she felt she could no longer hold back. She let out a loud scream in the direction of the ocean. Her unstable emotions caused both her powers to trigger simultaneously. A series of large and jagged spikes of stone erupted and shot forth in a straight line before her and the surrounding water shot outwards almost as if it were parting. The young girl then dropped to her knees and placed her head in her hands as she attempted to calm herself.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 11th 2017, 7:37 am

Jake held up his hand in defense when Lorelei strode up to him. It seems his words had a.. well, negative impact on the girl and so he quickly mimicked the girl and sat down when she did, he knew all to well how strong she was, he did not want to suffer her wraith. But in the end, what she had to say only unlocked more secrets, and it educated him on something he never thought he would ever think about, Atlantean politics.

And then it ended with a reminder that this was a princess he was currently sat opposite of. Yet it seemed that was the girls problem, she still related herself back to the past, back to what he assumed would have been propaganda that she took in, suffered by the hands of her father, a man who was worthy of his red punch. Prepared to say something, something he hoped with encourage the young girl to think better of her new ability, but was too late to realize that pent up pressure that was Lorelei's anger before it was too late.

A call that drew attention from all over the beach came from her mouth towards the ocean, her oldest home, soon followed by a action Jake was somewhat use to, her anger. Which was not as bad as having a catwalk nearby, but till dangerous as earth raised from the sand, shaped like deadly spikes all the way towards the ocean, to which her new power continued to resonate with her anger and parted way the sea before stopping. Jake knew her anger was a dangerous thing, for both her foes and those around her, and he so desperately wanted to tell her it was alright, to give her a hug but... was he the one that should do that? They had met each other twice, and all they had done was help each other fight a few bad guys and spent a day exploring. Was his word really enough? Was his presence? As much as he wanted to, he did not have the power to take away so many years of pain, only the pain she had now, and even then, he was not sure he had the power to do that.

Standing, Jake made sure her bag was with her, before gently scooping her up once more, how his strength made her seem so.. gentle, her pink hair and eyes made her look like someone who could not do what she did, could not have suffer the way she did. Appearances were not everything, were they. "Let's get you home. We've spoken enough about suffering today." Just saying the words, Jake felt like he was betraying himself, there was still plenty of suffering to go, his just seemed so small compared to hers, or maybe he wanted his to seem small, to not be a big thing to him, to not be as bad as he thought it could, might just be.

Jumping into the air, Jake let his wings carry them upwards, flying back towards the city, but he was slow when they reached a height that nearly overlooked the city, he needed a location after all, and even then. It would take some time to find it.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top