The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
More than meets the eye (Woof) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

More than meets the eye (Woof)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY More than meets the eye (Woof)

Post by Pyrrha February 25th 2021, 8:53 am

Blaring sirens from emergency vehicles, idle chatter, and the every present anger of every citizen on full display. It was just your average morning in New York, and off if it was taking place just beyond a brick wall several feet away from where a sleeping Pyrrha lie. The constant noise was enough to slowly lull the hero from her sleep, little by littler. At first she tried to ignore the noise, but as time passed, more and more of her senses began to sharpen. Smell is what finally prompted her to sit up on the couch she had been calling a bed for the past couple of weeks.

Pyrrha’s mismatched eyes would slowly blink open and her head focused on the kitchen. The sound of sizzling bacon and its smell made the young woman forget about all the commotion going on outside. “I was beginning to wonder when you’d wake up.” Chimed a voice. An ashen haired girl hovered over the stove, doing what Pyrrha could only assume was shifting around the bacon in its pan. “Oh! Good morning Pyrrha!” a soft voice chimed out. Pyrrha’s attention would shift to the voice. “Morning, you two.” A slight pressure could be felt on her thighs, she glanced down to see an incredibly fluffy black cat. “Good morning to you to Sharook.” she’d say, giving the cat a small scratch on its chin, which was returned with purring and the cat rolling around on her lap.

“Oh shoot! What time is it?!” Pyrrha suddenly said in a panic as a small cooking timer went off in the kitchen, reminding the young hero that she had a meeting she needed to get to. “Im sure he can wait a little while longer.” The ashen haired teen would spin around and shoot an annoyed glare at Pyrrha. “When you see that punk later, tell him to text me back or don’t, I don’t care!” Johanna would say with slight irritation as she spun back around to resume cooking.

“Oh we both know you totally care.” Olive would say playfully as she moved to sit beside Pyrrha on the couch. She ran a towel through her hair as she did. Pyrrha would let out a small giggle along side Olive. “I swear, one of these days this apartment is going to become a crime scene.”

“Say I have an idea, why don’t you come with me?” Johanna would respond with a sigh “I can’t, because someone has to work to keep the roof over our heads.”

“I thought you’re other ‘job’ kept the roof over our heads.” Olive would once again give a small chuckle. As shy as she was in public, she enjoyed picking on Johanna a lot. Johanna would once again spin around to face the other two, simply for the purpose of rolling her eyes. “Pyrrha. Can you please do a me a solid and keep the training to a minimum or something maybe keep an eye on him today? I…. Hmph.” She wanted to say more, but wouldn’t let her pride be so easily bruised. Instead she just thought about the last time she had seen Jake. It was the same day she met Pyrrha.

She remembered the night vividly. He hadn’t been gravely injured mind you, but the state Pyrrha had brought him in. She didn’t want to see him like that again. While the worry was still in the back of her mind, she felt a small amount of comfort in knowing Pyrrha would be with him.

It was almost like Pyrrha could pick up on what Johanna was getting at. She simply nodded “Don’t worry. I will.” The night stuck with her as well. There was no more time for delay. Pyrrha sprang from the couch with a sudden burst of vigor and vitality.

After getting herself all ready, Pyrrha bolted out the door. She had a ways to go, but she’d make sure she wasn’t late for the meet up. To ensure that was the case, She’d strike a quick pose and a small gust of wind would envelop her. She felt lighter, and most importantly quicker.

The young woman would eventually reach her destination. It was a spacious warehouse, the one that she and Jake used for sparring. Not sure if she had arrived to early or to late, she took a moment to check her cellphone. She fumbled with it a bit, the technology was so different in this world compared to hers, she was secretly worried she’d never truly get the hang of it all. She’d cautiously tap away at the screen, trying her best to send a text to the boy in hopes she’d get an idea of where he was.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Pyrrha
Pyrrha
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : It's a bit hot in here....Oh wait that's just me.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2016-08-23

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: More than meets the eye (Woof)

Post by Shadowoof March 4th 2021, 11:34 am

"Shouldn't have lied." The boy held a fire liked covered hand close to the imp. A small demon, a weak demon. A demon that shouldn't have lied to him. "I will ask. One more time. Did you see a girl with energy like this?" He grabbed a hold of the demons head, hand pressed against gnarled teeth that tried and failed to bite through the thick skin. He watched as the demon, fruitless in its rebellion, shook its head. An answer. A truthful one. Stepping back, he looked to the sky. It could fly. "Don't try to trick me again. Or lie better." Reeling his arm back, he shot putted the imp into the sky, hearing the distant wail as it caught itself and flew off. A demon, sure... But still a living thing.

Leaning against the wall, the boy rubbed his temple. Another dead end. He'd need to do... Something about this. Get help somewhere... He had a few names that came to mind. Some of them he wasn't sure how to find, or if it was worth talking to them... Some he didn't want to bother. Johanna being top of that list... He missed her. The snark. Her in general. But he didn't want to do that again. Just pop into her life, hurt and delirious. A roof was better to heal on then doing that again.

With a frown he pulled his shirt up a bit and felt along his ribs, the scratch from that Imp was more dangerous then it's bite. But it wasn't bleeding too much. Most likely it'd stop soon. Rolling the shirt down, he jumped up to the roof, eyeing the city around him. Another day... Another. "What am I doing?" He asked no in particular. Not even himself. Not like he had an answer to that question anyway. Looking for a sister who wanted to kill him because it was all she knew. Wanting to make sure she was alright. Perhaps he was going mad.

But then his phone buzzed and he frowned. Who was texting him? Pulling the cracked device out, his eyes widened at the name. When was the last time she spoke to Pyrrha? Around the same time she had last spoken with Anne. Opening the text, the boy frowned deeper... "I don't know if this is auto correct or if she just... Oh shit." A promise made... And he was no where near there. He wasn't even strong enough to really be a proper spar partner for Pyrrha of all people, not unless he was planning on exhausting himself... But a promise was a promise. Hopefully it'd keep his mind off his goal anyway.

Judging where the warehouse was, he pulled his singlet tight to his back and allowed his wings to slide out through the two long slits he had cut into it, before tightening his belt as his muscles shifted and changed. Lighter, faster, they ran to the edge of the roof and jumped, feeling the wind hit them in the face as they sped back to the edge of the city, the warehouse eventually in site. Slowing down, he allowed his muscles to shift back, body to change so that he wouldn't freak Pyrrha out and quickly typed a message to her that he was close.

"Sorry! Sorry I'm late. I was preoccupied with a arrangement that turned sour. How are you doing Pyrrha?" The boy talked quickly as he landed and walked towards the girl. His skin around the scratch felt itchy but  it wasn't bleeding. No need to worry her anyway.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrrha March 5th 2021, 5:00 am

Pyrrha stood in the shade of the large warehouse awaiting her sparring partner. The docks were a much nicer place than down town, at least to Pyrrha’s sensitive ears. Here the lapping of the waves against the land, the seagulls singing up above, and the occasional whirring of machinery in the distance. This so of took to her back to home in a way. She could even picture it just a bit as she closed her eyes and let the sounds sink in. Soon the sounds she heard were accompanied by ones from her memories. The hustle and bustle of a port town, the largest where she was from.

People flocked from all over the realm to peddle their wears and enjoy the local cuisine. The young hero would shake the thoughts from her head. Now was not the time to be feeling home sick. She made the decision to be here. No sooner had she cleared her mind of thoughts of home, her ears picked up a new sound. It was a heavy fluttering, no flapping, like a large bird, a very large one. Her muscles tightened with anticipation but would quickly relax as a familiar voice rang out.

“No worries, I was almost late myself. Came close to sleeping in.” she said with a slight chuckle and waving to Jake. “Oh before I forget, Johanna said to return her text. She tried to make it seem like it was optional, but we know it isn’t.” she’d say with a playful wink. Her mismatched eyes scanned the boy up and down, it had been a little while since the two had seen each other. It didn’t take a mind reader to know his mind was certainly elsewhere as was made even more evident by his excuse of being preoccupied.

“What’s on your mind? If its something important we could totally forgo the whole training thing today. As a matter of fact, I’d even be willing to help, if you’d like?”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Pyrrha
Pyrrha
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof March 5th 2021, 9:15 am

"I'm sure it can wait till we're done." Jake laughed, scratching the back of his head. It certainly wasn't optional. She'd ether find him or worst, ignore him afterwards. Pulling his wings into his back, he allowed himself inside the warehouse, motioning for the alien woman to follow. Rather then answer her question, he simply moved on to turning the lights on. Seems there was some gym equipment set up. With a smile, he climbed atop a hoop, hanging in the air, hooking his legs through it before hanging himself upside down and looking for Pyrrha. She wouldn't leave it alone. He knew her. Better to nip that bud.

"Nah I'm good. Just... A family thing. Nothing to concern yourself with. Don't tell Anne ether please." He wasn't lying. But it was far more complex then what he offered. Only Samael really knew about it. After all, his own mom had sought the cambion out before she had lost her mind. And he was there when their sister appeared. Born because of his mother's irritable state. Sammy stopped her from hurting him. So she found his father and had a child and raised that child in a part of hell where time forced this girl to grow up quickly, where all that child knew for years was to hate...

But she was just a kid. And it didn't concern Pyrrha. Madeline and Anne were the only demonic connection Jake was aware Pyrrha had. He'd like to keep it like that. "How about we try some unconventional sparring. Stand on some boxes, hit each other with sticks until someone falls off. Or something." The boy offered, giving Pyrrha an upside down raised brow. Might be better practice then the normal spar. Balance was important. Even he needed to keep his training up in regards to that.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrrha March 6th 2021, 4:38 am

Pyrrha followed Jake into the warehouse, arms folded across her chest and her brow furrowed in a prying manor. He may not have seen her glare, but he should have felt it. The scowl would fade from the young woman’s face as she watched the boy suspend himself from a basketball hoop. How did Pyrrha even know what that was? Well she was very lucky to live with two very kind and helpful girls she was happy to count among her friends. “Nothing to concern myself or Johanna with? That means its totally something to concern ourselves with.” she said, her doubtful glare slighting returning to her face.

“I’ll drop it for now, but you’re not off the hook just yet.” She responded as Jake quickly deflected attention away from himself and to the type of sparring they should do today. She also noticed that while he was hanging from the hoop, his shirt had ridden up a tad and revealed just the slightest hint of a fresh wound. Pyrrha surmised this most likely had to do with the matter he wished not to discuss. “Unconventional training…” she mumbled under her breath, looking about the room.

She had an idea. Up until now she had only revealed a very small amount of her true talent, and Jake’s suggestion of unconventional methods gave her an idea. A way she could reveal her powers a bit more, and also turn this into a training session. “I may have an idea….Do you perchance have any training with weapons? More specifically katanas?”

Pyrrha eagerly eyed Jake, awaiting his response. Sure the question was a bit out of left field, but hopefully it would be the perfect segway.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Pyrrha
Pyrrha
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof March 6th 2021, 7:59 am

The boy held in a deep sigh at the eyes Pyrrha had been giving him. She didn't believe a word, but she wasn't pushing. That'd have to be good enough. He glanced about the gym for a moment, looking for anything that could be used as a stick or even some lunge boxes that could be used for balance. The blood was starting to rush to his head and by the time he was close to giving up, he nearly lost his grip on the circular hoop when the alien had asked him about his experience with weapons.

"Hahahaha... Hahha... Ha... You're kidding right?" The boy asked, unfurling his legs and twisting in the air to land on his feet, wincing a small bit as the shock spread through him and stung at his wound.  "Not really. I can swing a stick hard and that's about it. Besides. I don't think we have... Well." He stepped towards the back storage room, searching through the boxes that laid dormant. "No... No... Ah, here we go." Pulling two metal poles out, he walked back into the main hall of the warehouse and threw one of the metal poles to Pyrrha.

"These are used for vaulting. Not terribly long like the swing poles so should be a... Accommodating katana replacement." The young man frowned, holding the pole like one assumed you'd hold a Katana, just without the grip, the hilt or any proper weight adjustment.

He'd settle into a stance he saw in a movie a long time ago, or at least as any bit similar as he could recreate it, rolling his head side to side to get some cracks out of his neck. "Hold on. When did you have training with weapons? I don't remember you being the fancy type to do other things besides punching. We're meant to be a punching pair, you and me." The boy joked, but he also meant it. In the time he had known the fighter, she hadn't really bothered with weapons. So a start now was intriguing to say the least, let alone a focus on a particular weapon such as katanas.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrrha March 7th 2021, 3:32 am

“I understand the question is out of left field….At least I believe thats the correct term. But I promise there is a reason for it!” She said, watching Jake leap down from the basketball hop before he went to rummage through the supplies in the warehouse. Eventually the boy would come across two metal poles, one of which he’d give to the young woman. It wasn’t quite what she was expecting, but it would have to do. She watched with a slight smirk as Jake took up a stance he had no doubt seen in a movie before.

“Not a bad start, but your hands are to close together.” she’d say before a quick flash and gust of wind emanated from her body. Her physical appearance didn’t change, but secretly she had shifted forms. She sighed a bit as she looked down at her clothes, it wasn’t her usual gear she’d be using in this form, so she couldn’t exactly sheath her makeshift weapon. Instead she’d pout and then shrug. “Welp this isn’t quite ideal, but it was last minute so it’ll have to do for now. Especially since we’re training and all.”

The young hero would take several steps back and gripped the metal pole the way she told Jake to a moment ago. Their stances were similar, but where Jake looked uncomfortable and clearly just imitating something he saw maybe a handful of times, Pyrrha was relaxed. Her muscles were less tense, she slightly swayed left and right, and her grip was constantly loosening and tightening around the base of the metal pole.

“for the past couple of sessions we’ve had together, we’ve been learning in tandem. Know its time for me to teach you something. So come at me and lets see what you can do on the fly!”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Pyrrha
Pyrrha
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof March 8th 2021, 9:15 am

"Sure, sure." The boy muttered in response to Pyrrha's reassurance and advice. Still, he moved his hands apart just a little and watched as Pyrrha just... Did something. What did she do to make the wind move like that? Now she was getting under his head. Just what did she have planned?

No longer was it a spar. Now it was a lesson apparently. The boy tilted his head and looked down at the metal pole in his hand. What did he need be taught that required a weapon? But she offered him the first move... And all he could do was stand in place and watch her.

He was at a lost. What did he do? His first thought was to throw the pole at her, but he chided that idea. This was meant to be a katana. You don't throw katanas. It gave him range, but she had that also, and from the look of it, she knew what to do with it. He didn't know what to do with this piece of metal in his hand besides swinging it...

Then he had an idea. This was his area, after all. Use what you know, as they say. "Okay." He said once, before allowing the red energy to spread through his body, the pigment of his skin changing to a red hue for but a second as he jumped forwards and flipped. He released the energy as soon as he was speeding through the air, moving faster then the eye could see, upside down so that he was facing Pyrrha, he brought the weapon downwards towards her, as if to strike at her head... Only barely, suddenly worried he'd do her more damage then he meant with this metal pole, moving at these speeds, leaving the boy to fly just above her, tension coiled in every muscle, his inaction leaving him open and if not interred. To crash into the gym equipment that had laid behind her.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrrha March 9th 2021, 6:43 am

Pyrrha could feel her eyes wanting to roll so badly. She was fairly certain she had seen Jake do this same thing before, only he was unarmed, or perhaps it was someone back home who had done something similar. Either way it was something she could easily deal with, even if the boy was quicker than her. Pyrrha would place the pole at her side, one hand still one the ‘handle’ and the other a bit further down as though she was gripping a sheath. She’d use a bit of her own speed to accelerate forward as Jake leaped through the air.

Just before the boy had fully flipped over her, Pyrrha hit the deck, doing a baseball slide under the boys attack and eventually popping up to her feet in the same position Jake had started in. Her hands never once let got of the metal pipe, and almost as fluid as water, she moved from her standing position into a slightly crouched form. All it would take was a single jolt of her right hand to unleash her makeshift blade, a high pitched whirring sound filled the air as the pole gave off the faintest hint of a green glow. All the flourish would fade almost instantly as Pyrrha’s eyes fell upon the boy.

“Looks like you didn’t stick the landing” she’d say with a slight chuckle. She’d quickly retract her laughter however, the moment she noticed the fresh wounds on Jake’s torso. His shirt had ridden up as he had crashed into the equipment that was once behind Pyrrha. The young hero would loosen up and return to a more neutral position. “I suppose that’s the uh Family thing I’m not supposed to concern myself with?” She’d say, giving the boy a slightly condensing look.

Pyrrha would approach Jake and offer him a hand out of the rubble he had created from the gym equipment he had leveled with his body.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Pyrrha
Pyrrha
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof March 10th 2021, 2:01 am

Mid air, the boy watched as Pyrrha effortlessly would have avoided the attack, had he followed through with it, and all he could think as he flew past and crashed into a lunge box and then into a crash mat was... What was the point? He threw aside the metal pole and laid there, the back of his hand resting on his forehead. He wasn't ever going to know how to battle her with a weapon. Let alone his fists. He just wasn't a fighter.

He glanced up at Pyrrha as she walked over, a hand reaching out for him, but her words spurred him to look down. His shirt had riled up, and the crash opened the wound, letting it bleed freely. Pulling the shirt down, knowing it'd soon stain with red but not caring, he stood up without the assistance, before walking past her. "I should have just told you I wasn't coming, and it isn't your business." The boy couldn't hold the rising temper in his voice, but he stopped and took a breath. It isn't any fault of hers. Don't be angry with your friend. "I'm sorry. That was rude. It's stuff I don't want to involve anyone already not involved with it in." And that was already too much, because he had a feeling Pyrrha would try and involve herself in it.

And that led him to want to try and talk her out of it before she got ahead of herself. "It's stuff to do with demons and this one guy I've met... Twice? And he was as enigmatic and confusing as anything but he was looking after my sister despite the fact that my mom had sent my sister to kill me so to find her I need to find him but he's bloody hard to find and I just... I can't focus on anything else right now. And I want to handle it on my own, and with the people who already know about it... Not you, or Anne... Or anyone else." Finally, he was done. Bleeding his heart on the topic dry... But he let out a sigh anyway. Cause this thinking would only make it worse. Not that he'd been thinking that clearly for a while.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrrha March 10th 2021, 7:23 am

Pyrrha let out a very audible sigh as Jake briskly walked past her and tried to remain guarded about the current inner workings of what was going through his mind. Whatever it was, was serious enough to take his mind of sparring, let alone his normal chipper attitude. Seeing as this sparring session had become something of a bust, Pyrrha would toss the metal pipe over her shoulder, another flash and gust of wind emanating from her as she shifted forms again. This situation Jake found himself in, and his need to ‘protect’ people was something Pyrrha understood, but she also knew how dangerous and stupid that line of thinking was.

She’d approach the boy once again, this time putting a hand on his shoulder. “I get you think this is something you need to handle on your own. And you’ve even got it in your head that you’re protecting others by not getting them involved. But the truth is you’ll only hurting yourself and them by being closed off and selfish.” She’d release her grip on his shoulder as she circled around in front of him. “How do you think Johanna would feel if you tried to handle this on your own and ended up severely hurt or worse? You saw how she reacted the last time. Truth of the matter is, you need help. And you’d be better off accepting that now, before its too late.”

Pyrrha would take her gaze off of Jake for a moment. Her eyes trailed off as she thought about all the stuff she had kept from him up until this point. If he thought she was frail or ill equipped to help him in any way, he was sorely mistaken. “Look, I…I’m going to level with you here for a moment. I have been through a lot. I’ve seen my fair share of battles. I know what its like to fight an uphill battle that you have no hope of winning. But you know what. I won those fights. You know why? Sure I’m strong, stronger than anyone back home. But it was the support of my friends, and the help they always lent me, even when I didn’t want it or ask for it.”

She stopped speaking for a moment. Memories of all the battles she had gone through, flashed before her. Each and every time it felt like her back was against the ropes, every time she felt she had a situation under control, only to lose it. Her friends had always been there. They knew the risks, they knew what it meant to be on the front lines with her, but they didn’t care. And for once, Pyrrha could understand why. She could feel, what she could assume, were the same feelings they had felt each and every time. “I promise I wont tell Johanna. But I’m going to help you whether you like it or not, so you might as well fill me in on the details.”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Pyrrha
Pyrrha
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof March 10th 2021, 9:24 am

"Well. I wasn't handling it alone anyway." The boy muttered, crossing his arms as he glanced back to Pyrrha. He was afraid of this. Logical points that told him he was wrong. Why did she have to be correct? Whatever the case, she deserved to have her words be told, and the boy listened dutifully as she explained a fragment of her own past. And he was hurt that he might have considered her unable to help him.

"Pyrrha I will never doubt your abilities. I don't know which of us is stronger, but as you made quite obvious, you have far more talents then I. I punch things..." He kicked at the ground, letting out a sigh. Before shaking his head. "I would love to just ask everyone for help... I just don't want to cause any issues for you guys with demons. Madeline is Anne's mother and shes... Nice enough. But I've met demons that match her ferocity and aren't as nice. One made me bow to her with just her voice, and she was happily going to kill me just because I was there. And the reason I don't want to tell Johanna is... I'm worried about her. Ever since she met Madeline, she seems to get this... Urge to fight, a mindless urge that I don't like to see. That and demons that knew her connection to Madeline? Can't risk it." The boy explained, cracking his neck out of a need to do something in the silence. He didn't want to mention that he hadn't been around to see them because of his sustained injuries. Every time. He didn't want Pyrrha worrying about that. Certainly didn't need her accidentally telling Johanna.

"And this guy... Me and Anne met him once in a vault. He moves quick, is hard to hit and he can control shadows. He's kinda weird acting, gave me this dice that Madeline had given him apparently. But I don't know how to find him. I tried interrogating a couple of imps that promised information before coming here. Turns out they just smelt the angel blood in me and wanted that. They knew nothing. I don't have anything." He stopped as he came to the realization that he was telling this fragment of a story that had no context for someone like Pyrrha, who would be hearing about this for the first time. "And I realized just now that you don't know anything... Umm. My mom went insane and had a kid with the Raven King, a prince of hell. She rose her in a dimension where time went faster. Suddenly, I have a fourteen, fifteen year old sister who's entire life has been to kill me, because my mother was driven insane and became a demon... And I don't know how it happened."

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrrha March 10th 2021, 9:59 am

This was good, what Pyrrha had said to Jake, seemed to have gotten through in some way, shape, or form, and he was now being a bit more open. Pyrrha intended to uphold her end of the deal and not tell Johanna, especially after Jake listed his concern about her. It was well founded, and he cared for her. Though in the back of her mind, she felt as though, if these two really cared for one another, then it was Johanna’s call whether she would help him out or not. She obviously would, but that was getting off topic.

Pyrrha nodded and tried to make sense of everything Jake was telling her. “I may not know anything, and you may be at a loss for what to do, but that shouldn’t stop us. Any lead might be worth following. That being said, if you had one, you’d probably be pursuing it already.” She paused a moment to think. If it was demons they were dealing with, Madeline was the logical choice to prob for information, but something told the young hero, that the fiery war goddess wouldn’t be very knowledgeable in this case.

“These Imps, do you know where they come from? Perhaps they didn’t know anything, but maybe someone or something from their domain does?” Pyrrha said with a bit of hope in her voice. It was of course a very farfetched idea, but it was an idea nonetheless. “We could draw one of these imps back out, or….” her eyes trailed to Jake’s wound. “You mentioned they were drawn to your blood. That gash looks mighty bleedy to me. Maybe if we just walked around another demon might come after you. And when it does, we’ll force it to talk.” Pyrrha for some reason seemed rather enthusiastic about interrogate these demons.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Pyrrha
Pyrrha
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof March 10th 2021, 10:23 am

The boy could only shake his head to every suggestion Pyrrha had to offer. All good ideas, but all had their hitches. Madeline would perhaps know more. After all, it seemed as if the guy they were looking for had met her before. But that was before. Hard to tell what relationship they had now, and even then, how did one find the Queen of Arcadia. He had the dice, but he didn't exactly know how that worked. And finding the domains of demons? That was too far entirely out of his league. He punched things. He didn't do magic. Not a lot of it anyway.

But that last idea? That was actually brilliant. It shared a fault of course. Who was to say that any old demon that came for him would actually know what they wanted... But it was better then finding demons. Bloody hard things to find. "That's good. And with two of us? No demon would be able to get away... And I have a plan to make sure they're happy to attack me." Walking in a circle, the boy took in several sharp breaths, before shaking his head. He wasn't going to like this at all. But it'd work.

"Alright. You stay back a few feet from me. If I'm alone and injured? That's an easy target... Of course... I need to be bleeding more... So don't freak out." The boy smiled, before bawling a fist and slamming it into his wound. The cry of pain that followed wasn't fake as Jake stumbled to the side, just catching himself as the rapid breathes came from his chest. He looked down to his shirt, watching as it began to turn red and wet, heavily so. "I'm fine... And to complete the look... Don't freak out also." The boy muttered, his muscles beginning to shift and melt, arms growing smaller, thinner, losing inches in height as hair grew and Jake's body changed to a much smaller form then his normal one.

"Ahh. What do you think? Would a demon not come after me now?" The girl asked, wincing at the throbbing pain in her ribs. She was already regretting that move. But at least they had Pyrrha. "Don't tell Jo I can do this. Rather not let her know I can turn into this form again... Come on." Jake started to the exit of the warehouse. Plan was set. Bait was ready. They just needed to get lucky now.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrrha March 10th 2021, 10:38 am

Pyrrha was glad her suggestion had some merit to it. What she did not like however, was Jake inflicting harm upon himself just to make the ‘bait’ more enticing. Pyrrha even clenched her teeth as the boy’s fist collided with the fresh wound. She could almost feel it. She was pretty sure she’d experienced something similar back home, but with all the fights she had been in, it was hard to tell which one it might have occurred in. That being said the pain would turn to general confusion and intrigue as Jake’s body began to morph and change.

Right before her eyes, Jake’s form had shifted to that of a small girl. It was the same form he had ended up in the last time they trained. It was nice to see he had it under control, but also concerning. Did it cause him pain to do it? Did it offer any sort of advantages? Pyrrha had so many questions to ask, but chose to refrain. They were on a somewhat limited schedule. “Ok. You uh…you lead the way and I’ll follow not to far behind.” She’d give Jake a thumbs up to show she was ready to move.

She wouldn’t have much time to react if something did show up to attack Jake. Then there was the issue of how strong whatever showed up would be. Picking the right job for this was going to be something Pyrrha would have to figure out on the fly. The young adventurer would wait a few seconds for Jake to leave the warehouse before following them out. “Please don’t let this be a bad idea…” she mumbled to herself, her eyes constantly shifting all over the place. She kept an eye out for any potential danger, hoping to be ready for it where or whenever it popped up.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Pyrrha
Pyrrha
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top