The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_vote_lcapThe Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_voting_barThe Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
ghost
The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_vote_lcapThe Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_voting_barThe Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF) - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF)

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF)

Post by Shadowoof December 10th 2017, 1:05 am

Crap. Crap! Jake lowered his body to all fours after his failed attempt to grab the flame covered girl, his mind settled on forcing him to rest. And maybe it would have won out, if not for a few factors.

The first of these factors, was that for some reason the boy could not describe, he cared far too much for Johanna to let his body rest. He had broken limbs, more. For others. He would strain himself for her rather then rest like a selfish bastard. The second factor, and maybe the one the drove him more then anything, was his hatred.

And the smile he had when Johanna made her attack, the way his muscles didn't move, but stayed right where they were as he didn't make a move to even help the goddess. Helped to show that hatred.

He had come into this fight to try and stop the pain Ann had been suffering. He at every chance to stop that, failed. He had done so little to actually stop it, because inside, he wanted to punch Madeline. She just, drew that out of him. With this whole situation, how she carried herself and talked, the aura of challenge she brought. And the one time he did try to stop it all, he was too late. He could have never known because he was a damned idiot, but this time, Johanna needed to be hurt, and as much as he hated it, he now saw that.

But that didn't stop him from looking at Madeline with the utter intent to hurt. His angry glare could be seen from miles with the way his red eyes seemed to burn intent. Maybe a little of it was uncalled for, this was a stressful situation, and Jake himself wasn't exactly in the best mindset, but still his glare existed. Also, he hated the way she considered herself a god, but he couldn't voice nor care for that reason of hate right now, as a tuft of red hair blocked his view and stopped an incoming shot of that black fire like tendril.

Deciding to try and let this be the last time Thalia saved him from something, Jake had a plan in mind. From his position on the ground, Jake pushed to the left, skidding along the ground and once more, tearing up roof with how his fingers and toes dug into the gravel to keep him from moving too much, his shoes and socks having torn not too long ago to allow this. When the ashen girl was in sight, he quickly pushed forward, quickly skidding across the ground, before moving into a roll so that he had now moved himself close to Johanna.

He didn't trust his strength to try and stop Ann, he didn't even know how much he had at that moment, so when he got himself close to Ann, he threw himself at her all the while purposely missing, his fists moved with speed and power, but he knew as long as he purposely missed, and with Ann's ability to dodge, he would not hit her, but she'd hit him. While trying to move around so the fire clad girl's back was to the two demons, he was willing to be her punching bag so that Madeline or Thalia had the chance they needed to stop her. He made a mistake, he was angry at people, himself for that, this was his chance to at least fix that. But they would need to be quick, cause no matter what, anyone could see Jake was getting slower as the seconds passed, and no matter what, he could not stay in this form forever, that limit was closing in ever so quickly.

Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 1508
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe December 10th 2017, 2:33 am

Madeline could feel her urge to just let go, rising. It wasn’t normal for her to get this agitated, but the fact that she now had to try even harder to calm her daughter down, and the added fact she’d need to do the same for Thalia, well it was taking it’s toll. She was furious at Jake. She couldn’t believe that for as much as he seemed to care about Johanna, he’d jeopardize her safety. She couldn’t blame him as much as she wanted to. If she were in a similar situation, and it was her sister that was in danger she knew she’d do the same.

She couldn’t even be made at Thalia either. It’s just who the little demon was. She may have been a proficient and deadly hunter of beasts, but at her very core she couldn’t stand to see people get hurt. It was only for this reason that she jumped to Jake’s aid. This caused a problem though. With Jake making another attempt to draw Johanna’s focus, he would only add fuel to the fire. Thalia’s interference would have a similar effect.

Johanna’s eyes almost seemed glazed over as if she were just completely lost. Her body moved on it’s own, responding to the fight around it. While her body continued to burn, her brain began to suffer from the amounts of energy she was radiating. The raging black fire agitated the ripples in the latent energy all around her and this caused a form of negative feedback. Because of this Johanna was almost completely without her precognitive ability. That being said, it was almost as if she didn’t need it. While Thalia may have gotten herself involved, Johanna’s turquoise eyes tracked Jake’s entire movement on his way to her.

As she fist flew forward, Johanna leaned back and reared her hand back. She was about to drop her fist square into his back, but found she couldn’t bring her arm forward. Strands of red hair were wrapped tightly around her forearm. Thalia had seized the girls hand and then plunged her sword into the roof to prevent Johanna’s ever growing strength from breaking free.

Madeline saw this as her opportunity to close this fight out. Johanna was basically locked down, and her attention was focused on Thalia. Quickly, the demon queen tried to capitalize on the opening, but Johanna would not have any of it. As her mother drew in close, Johanna’s head turned in her direction, her eyes burning with the same black fire that surrounded her. The ashen haired girl opened her mouth to yell, but instead a wave of black energy erupted from it instead. Again Madeline was caught off guard by the powers her daughter continued to display. The sudden burst of energy from Johanna’s mouth managed to push the demon goddess back several feet.

Madeline dug her heels into the ground and extended her metal arm to shield her from the rest of the blast. Just then a body came hurdling through the wave of energy. It was Thalia. She had been dislodged by Johanna and tossed like a rag doll at her own queen. Madeline managed to catch the tiny demon and turned her back to shield Thalia from the harmful energy.

Thalia struggled against Madeline’s grip. The demon blood she ingested causing her to feel very agitated. Madeline needed to calm her down. And so she began to whisper to the little demon and eventually imposed her will upon Thalia, causing her to fall asleep.

The wave of energy ceased and Madeline rose to her feet. She turned around to face her raging daughter. The girl stumbled back a few steps as if she were struggling to remain on her feet. This was the least pressing issue. Madeline soon took notice of her daughter’s right arm. The flames had began to eat away at the flesh on her arm, a slight shine appeared beneath the surface. The young thief seemed completely unfazed by this. Her eyes only narrowed at her opponent. \

Madeline glanced over her shoulder at the boy, the only other person on this roof that could pose a threat to Johanna. Her whole posture, look, and tone of voice was very serious. “Stay completely still. She’s nearly at her limit and I will finish this.”

Just then Johanna let out a roar as if to try and get her mother’s attention. The flesh had been completely eaten away and left the girl sporting a fully metal right arm, much like her mother’s left arm. Madeline stared down at her own golden hand then back to the blinding silver of her daughter’s new arm. She took a deep breath before staring her battle crazed daughter dead in the eyes. “You aren’t going to like this one bit kiddo, but it’s gotta be done.”

“D…..d..do….do it!” Johanna struggled to speak against the weight of her own raging power. Then without warning, she darted forward with incredible speed, her metal arm cocked back. As the silver fist rocketed forward, Madeline’s head shifted ever so slightly to the right as she quickly lowered her entire body. In the blink of an eye, her entire body extended forward, her metal arm leading the way. Her knuckles dug deep into Johanna’s diaphragm. A massive aftershock erupted from the back side of Johanna and shattered the windows on the building across the way.

Madeline slowly lowered her fist and placed her daughter gently down on the ground. The fire had been completely blown away by the force of the goddess punch. Johanna continued to breath heavily for several seconds before it began to slowly go back to normal. There was still a twinge of black fire that burned in the corner of her eye, but that to soon faded away. All in all Johanna went back to looking as though she had never been in a fight, all aside from the sweat soaked clothes and the shiny reminder she’d have for the rest of her existence. The entire right sleeve of her beige knitted sweater had been completely eroded away. “Well that’s going to be fun to explain later. That is if she somehow doesn’t remember all this.”

Her glowing amber eyes stopped looking over Johanna’s body and shifted over to the foolish boy. “What about you boy? How are you feeling?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2016-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof December 10th 2017, 3:21 am

Jake hadn't accounted for Thalia to act, making him unsure how to act himself, so he stepped back, the jumpy feeling surging though his body and making him forget how tired he was. But he couldn't act without doing any possible harm he could not account for.

While once more he felt useless, it seems Thalia was enough for Madeline to act, that act however, led to a rather dangerous looking use of power that Jake was quite happy not to have made contact with. So he continued to move back, attempting to do something with his body rather then just stand still. His mood was ever so delighted when Madeline spoke to him, which the boy only responded with a annoyed glance, before letting the demonic woman do her thing.

It gave Jake time to look at things, like how Ann was slowly losing the flesh of her arm, that made him want to act, but he refrained when he saw the glint of silver, and had a very faint understanding of what exactly was happening, which was only attained when he glanced to the gold of Madeline's metal arm.... Metal arms were genetic. Huh.

But soon enough, it was indeed, all over. Madeline landed a blow with enough force Jake knew was troubling, and Ann fell, her flames gone, a new arm. It was all so... Peaceful. Even Thalia seemed to be asleep, and that left only two living beings atop this roof, a mutt and a demon queen. Jake let his red eyes focus on Johanna, looking her up and down for any worrying signs of damage, maybe more metal parts. Even when Madeline asked how he was feeling, he choose to ignore how for a few more short seconds before his eyes turned back to her.

He kept still, his posture that of someone ready to lash out and strike. Red bolts of lighting seemed to form over his skin and shoot out for a second before vanishing, as always, his power threatened to do the unpredictable. Opening his mouth, Jake found no words came out, so he narrowed his eyes at the Queen and tried again. This time, when his voice came, it was not his normal voice, it had a hint of unsettling evil. "An-Angry... At me. You....."

He took his time with the next words, mostly because he couldn't contain himself, he was a little sick of containing himself. "I don't dislike you. But I very much so hate you... Don't hurt Anne." Jake's voice returned to his normal voice as he spoke those last words, and he lowered himself so that a hand rested on the gravel of the roof, he looked primed to lunge forward the moment a threatening movement was made, but it was clear he was sagging, his breath uneven and his eyes exhausted, still, he kept a brave face as he stared down Madeline. It wasn't a physical threat he had meant when he asked the woman not to hurt her daughter. There were quite a number of ways a mother could hurt their child. He knew that all too well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe December 10th 2017, 4:07 am

Madeline’s gaze never left Jake as his posture and stare made it very clear he was trying to press his luck. The demon goddess once again had to remind herself that this was someone that her daughter liked. Though what she saw in him, was completely invisible to Madeline. Still this boy needed to know his place. He was in no position to speak to the goddess of war like that. She very much doubted he had ever encountered a being such as her self. The redheaded demon stood up and loomed over Jake. “My dear child I think those powers of yours must have fried your brain. Dislike and hate are literally the same thing.”

“That’s fine. You can hate me as much as you want. I don’t particularly care for you either. But do not think for one moment that just because my daughter seems to like you, that I wont bury you were you stand.” Her golden hand tightened into a fist and black energy burned around it. “And lastly I should remind you that Johanna was the one who wanted to fight me. That last move there was nowhere near the extent of my full power and I intend to never use such force against my own child.”

At this point Madeline just wished either of the two unconscious girls would wake up to take the boys attention away from her before she truly flew off the rails. The first of which would be Thalia who let out a loud yawn as she sat up and stretched. “Ugh…What did I miss?” she said rubbing her sleepy eyes.

The demon goddess let out a small chuckle. “It’s all over dear.”

“WHAT! Awe man. I bet I wasn’t much of a help was I?”

“On the contrary Thalia. You saved him twice, and gave me an opening to pacify Johanna. I’d say you were a big help.”

Several groans coming from Johanna caught Madeline’s attention and she quickly knelt down beside her daughter. She placed her metal hand on the girl’s back and slowly helped her sit up before slightly moving back to give her some space.

“My….My head is killing me.” she glanced down at her hands. At first completely oblivious to the shiny metal palm she was looking at. The fire had subsided which meant her mother managed to stop the rampage. She looked to Madeline, unsure of whether to smile or glare at her. Her attention then snapped back to her arm. “WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY HAND!”

“It’s not just your hand darling, its your whole arm. It runs in the family….sort of.” she said waving her metal hand in the air and then shooting a glance over to Thalia. “It’s hard to explain beyond that.”

“Great now it looks like I have a prosthetic. How the hell am I supposed to explain this to people?”

“Well I mean you do live in a world filled with metahumans, I’m sure no one will pay it any mind.”

The ashen haired girl’s head snapped from side to side as her attention shifted from her hand to trying to find Jake. She finally turned her held left enough to spot the boy sitting to her side. Upon seeing him in one piece she let out a small sigh of relief.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof December 11th 2017, 11:49 am

This situation, from start to finish, had not been the best time for Jake, he could admit that. First, he found himself in the realization that he was alone, with no one to go too that he felt deserved to have him leech off them. Then, when he tried to relive memory's with someone he enjoyed but without them, he was taken from that place into this. A mess of demons and deals. He really couldn't stay away from them. He's met... One angel? One half angel. And so. Many. Demons.

So when Madeline loomed over him, with her presence being nothing but a threat, Jake found he didn't cower, nor look anything, he simply stood to his full height and stared the goddess down. As she spoke, Jake let himself fall into a mode, where he simply took in the details and attempted to logic it all. Seems he hadn't clearly made sense of what he meant, not that he was sure himself. He hated Madeline. But didn't... Dislike her? No. He hated what Madeline was?

Jake felt his power ebb from his body, replaced with exhaustion, and he shuddered. Letting out a few words before the others awoke, a direct response to Madeline, despite the fact he felt she was a being that would not care because of how she considered herself, the aspect he maybe hated the most. Her... God complex. "Nor did I use my... Full power. It seems." His words were quiet, which might not have helped with her hearing or caring for them, but it was a quiet roof now that it had all died down, and his words did indeed speak true. He had felt all the power his red energy unleashed in a single strike. It was a power he could not describe. He could not put a limit too. Maybe he was too feeble to feel one, or maybe there wasn't one. But that form, the form after. They didn't feel like that. It was almost as if he knew there was more he could do, but he was too afraid... Too tired, to even try.

By the time Thalia had awoken, any sign of red had vanished from Jake, and he slowly fell into a seated position, his eyes focused in front of him, but his ears open so he could keep... Dissecting. And Thalia proved to keep teaching him new things about her. She didn't give herself enough credit, always seemed to think herself lower then what she was. Maybe because of who she was. A clone to a demon lord like Madeline? That could do things, and if he remembered right, not many liked her because of that. Positive reinforcement might just allow the girl to like anyone giving it out.

His focus was taken away and for a brief moment his eyes snapped towards Johanna as she awoke. She seemed better, alive. Okay. It did take her a moment to realize her hand was not so normal anymore, and she reacted much the way Jake expected Ann to react to such a new development.

But beyond that, Jake returned his focus to right in front of him, and tried to reenter that mood of analyzing.. Only to find he couldn't anymore. Letting out a pained sigh, Jake returned his sight to Johanna. She was fine. And Madeline proved she wouldn't... Do too much to Johanna, and he had certainly made himself unwelcome with the woman. Maybe it was better he left. Ann probably didn't want him here anyway.

Slowly moving himself into a stand, Jake paused as he found his knees buckling and he almost collapsed back into the gravel roof. But he caught himself and gave a final glare in Madeline's direction, before looking to Ann. "I'm not. Wanted. And I have quite the walk to Chicago." Jake turned and tried to quickly walk towards the edge of the building when he was finished, only to find he was a little too tired to suddenly move like that, and he fell to a knee. A hand also glancing over his ribs where he had been struck by a shadow pillar, a momentary brief flash of surprise on his face. They still hurt, but they felt a lot better then before, as if his incredibly slow healing was working in overdrive.. Had been working in overdrive.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe December 12th 2017, 6:32 am

Madeline stared back at the boy for a while completely disinterested with his apparent dislike for her. Her glance fell back to her daughter as she offered her an hand. Johanna just brushed her mother aside and rose to her feet under her own power. Every one of her muscles ached, her head felt like a bomb went off inside it, and her lungs, heart, and gut all felt like they were still ablaze. “I…I do not want to do that ever again in my lifetime.” she said before looking up to Jake as he mumbled something.

“What do you mean you aren’t wanted?” she said before glancing back to her demonic mother. “What did you say to him?”

“Oh…nope, you aint putting that on me!” she said pointing in the boy’s direction.

“No wonder no one likes you.” She said giving her mother stink eye as she brushed past her to go check on Jake.

“I like her!” Thalia shouted joyfully as she to moved towards the kneeling boy.

“Oh shut up!”

“Hey! Don’t be rude to her. If it wasn’t for her you would have likely killed him. And eventually burnt yourself out.” Madeline said in a serious tone before crossing her arms across her chest and glaring at her ungrateful child.

Johanna and Thalia both crouched on either side of Jake. Johanna looked at the mismatched eyes of Thalia. The tiny demon didn’t seem effected by Johanna’s rude outburst at all. Instead her purple and green eyes were focused on the boy’s ribs. “You’re in no condition to walk anywhere. You must rest.” The little demon said, patting the boy on the shoulder with her hair.

“Yeah, you should probably take it ease for a while. You’re looking a little worse for ware.”

“Or……We could go get something to eat, I’m famished. And I’m doubly sure you kids are starving as well.”

Both Thalia and Johanna turned to flash the demon queen an evil glare in sync. “Alright sheesh. I don’t both of you to hate me to.” she said throwing her hands up in surrender before sitting down on the floor and letting out a sigh all while pouting.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof December 12th 2017, 12:05 pm

A parade of voices encompassed Jake, and he closed his eyes and bit his tongue to avoid lashing out. He didn't want to be babied. Not in his current mood, but he didn't have the drive to want to lash out at Anne, not even Thalia. He looked forward for a moment, his eyes opened into a dead glare when Madeline spoke however, stating her obvious statement of underestimating him. Now she was someone he could lash at, but he wouldn't, because he wasn't stupid... Too stupid.

Looking up to Ann, Jake tried to shake away his deadened look, which took effort, and he managed to change it into a soft smile, "It's fine Ann. You suffered more then me, I'm just a product of my own mistakes," He attempted to give a little humor while also belittling himself, something he preferred to be done by his own words, not ones of self proclaimed goddess's.

Attempting to stand once more, Jake managed so a little slowly, his eyes returned to their closed state, as if he could gain rest from just having them as such, "Anyway. I got... Business... Yea... I've been a side wheel in this family reunion a little too long. You don't need me here Anne. I can go."

His features winced at his own voice. He disliked lying, hated lying to Ann, and he could hear the lie laced all over his words, enough any smart person could hear. And he consider Ann to be quite smart. But worst of all, he hated how he sounded, as if he had been defeated. He hated it. It made him feel useless. He could also feel, hear his stomach rumble, the prospect of food was almost too much and continued to remind him of this terrible feeling he felt, but he looked determined to leave if Ann allowed him. For he knew he'd follow her if she didn't agree to his demands, but some part of him had already decided he knew her answer, and it was the one he didn't want to hear.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe December 16th 2017, 1:36 am

“You can’t honestly believe you can bullshit a bullshitter can you?” Johanna joked with the boy, knowing full well he was lying to her. What she couldn’t understand is why he was trying to be so distant all of a sudden. Was it because he thought Johanna wanted to take the time to get to know her mother? Did he think she needed the space to still process? Neither of those things applied to her right now. Maybe the issue wasn’t Johanna at all, maybe it was her mom. The ashen haired girl shot a glance back to her mother, the redheaded demon queen of Arcadia.

Despite all the emotions Johanna still felt, she couldn’t help but feel in awe at the goddess. Still that being said, she managed to fight through her amazement and scowled at the demon who was two busy looking up at the sky to even notice. “You’re crazy if you think I want you to go anywhere. Especially in your condition. No. You need to relax and get some of your strength back.” she said with a hard slap on the boys shoulder.

“Oh. I don’t think you should hit him so hard.” she said with a slight pout in Johanna’s direction. The young thief returned the look by sticking out her tongue. Thalia moved in front of Jake as if to block his path. “She’s right you know. You shouldn’t be doing much of anything on your own till you’ve recovered a bit of strength.” The little demon stated.

Johanna stared at the small redhead. She seemed so different from Madeline. It made the girl wonder if there were others from their realm that were like her. Johanna’s thoughts were soon brushed aside when she heard the very feint rumble of Jake’s stomach. In truth the ashen haired girl also felt she could use a meal herself. With another pat on the shoulder, Johanna pushed on Jake’s shoulder till he was face to face with her. She stared at him intently with her turquoise eyes. “We’re going to go get something to eat and enjoy ourselves, and I’m not taking no for an answer.” she then glanced past Jake’s shoulder to Thalia. “You’re coming with us.” she then turned her head back to her mother. “You’re not invited!” she said before taking Jake by the hand and walking over to Thalia.

Madeline stared at the trio in confusion. “Wait! You’re not kidding are you? No wait please don’t leave me, I’m hungry to!” Before she could say anymore, Thalia took the boy by his free hand and they vanished from the rooftop. The demon queen sat there in silence on the roof. A smile appeared on her face. Today hadn’t been all that bad.

The trio reappeared on the street in the blink of an eye. Thalia looked around in wonder at how the skyscrapers almost seemed to create this pseudo enclosed space feeling to her. Her mismatched eyes drifted from the base of the building next to her, all the way up to what she assumed was the top. “And to think just moments ago we were that high up in the sky.”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof December 16th 2017, 6:45 am

Surprise. That could describe how he felt right now. Surprise with a mix of shame. He felt stupid, the way he had been thinking. He shook his head, he knew he could not get past Johanna with a lie, one as obvious as the one he had given, but the way she spoke made it look like he was the one who got the literal ass kicked out of them.

He was just... Tired. Sore in some areas, yea, but mostly he was tired. Really tired. The red energy had just taken so much out of him, and to finally use it the way he had simply pushed at his limits.

Opening his eyes, he found the small demon clone was now in front of him. Along with a small grunt from Johanna giving him a what could be called a tough love pat. Jake didn't like his height at times like this, where he towered over others. It made him feel a little too big. But he couldn't voice that, nor anything else, he felt he had to be quiet, with all this effort into making him stay.

It was when he was turned to face Ann, her turquoise, aqua like eyes staring into his own. He really liked her eyes. "Yea. No no's from me." Jake silently agreed to something that had already been decided for him by the girl. He did make an attempt to hide the small smile that came with Johanna kicking Madeline from her own suggestion of food. But the smiled faded just as quickly as his face warmed when Anne took his hand and walked him over to Thalia, the act having taken the boy completely by surprise.

Soon his other hand was taken, and he swore the warmth on his face grew three sizes that moment, before suddenly he found himself elsewhere with the two, bare feet on new ground, firm ground, the actual ground.

Half ignoring the demon's commit, Jake looked around. Compared to many, the three must have been a little strange, a battle worn girl with a silver arm, a crimson skinned long red haired teen looking lady with horns, and him, a boy without a shirt or shoes, or socks for that matter. Left only in his pants that he liked for ease of movement. Yet he felt the most normal looking when compared to the other two. Deciding to change that, Jake focused on his back and felt the wings protrude from it, the pain lesser then he expected as the two ugly gray wings slowly came out and folded to his back. Now he was just as weird looking as everyone else, at least, he hoped.

"Right, so which food place are we scaring the crap out of first?" He joked as he looked ahead. If he was going to be here, he wasn't going to let the glum mood that had been taking over... Well, take over. He was going to be the best him he could be, even if the best of him wasn't exactly what he wanted nor anyone needed.

High in the sky, a few rooftops away from where the recent fight had started and concluded, a young girl stood in amazement, a man some small distance away from her, chucking a object into the air and catching it when it fell back to him. "That was him! How did you know!?" The girl spoke with excitement, having found him after so long.

The man shrugged, catching the dice one final time and pocketing it. "An old friend was in town, saw him." He'd step towards the edge of the building, watching the lone demon Queen from the distance, a small smile etched itself onto his face. "Seems another came by... You got what you wanted. Our business is done. Good luck kid." With that, the man stepped off the edge of the building, falling back towards the ground but vanishing before ever getting close. Like a shadow.

The girl remained where she was, a smile lit on her face before she turned to move away, her head bobbing in excitement. "I finally found you~" As her words were spoken, a small portal would open up, with her stepping inside and vanishing just as quickly as the portal had arrived.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe December 19th 2017, 5:04 am

Madeline stood atop the battle worn rooftop in solitude, thinking about the days events. As the proud demon stood there in contemplation, she couldn’t help but feel she was not alone. There was this sneaking suspicion that someone or something was nearby. However, as she turned around to confirm the suspicion she found nothing. The goddess of war approached the edge of the building and propped her leg up on it as she stared at the city below. A small weight appeared on her shoulder, balanced atop four little paws. A sly smile crept onto Madeline’s face as her metal hand came up to meet the head of a fluffy black cat.

“Hello my dear Sharook” Madeline said as her metal fingertips scratched the top of the cats ear. “Quite the turn of events eh Queen?” the cat said in its usual suave tone. Madeline smiled as all she could do was agree with the ball of fur. She had been quite anxious to see her little experiment bear fruit, and it did not disappoint. This was just the beginning, and she knew she’d have plenty more opportunities to spend with her daughter. She turned turned around and slowly approached the center of the rooftop where a fiery ring ripped around the very fabric of space. With one final chuckle to herself, Madeline disappeared through the portal.

Back on the street, Thalia let out a small clap of excitement as Jake let his wings out. She was quite fascinated by them for some reason. Perhaps it partially had to do with the fact she’d never seen anything like them before. Either way, she thought the boy’s wings were pretty and took any chance she got to praise and adore them. Johanna on the other hand thought Thalia’s reaction was pretty amusing, and couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle at the girls astonishment.

As amusing as Jake’s enthusiasm was to let his wings out, especially after the beating they took in the fight against Johanna’s mother, Johanna shook her head and massaged the bridge of her nose. “We aren’t going anywhere till you put those away. Otherwise no one is going to let us eat.” she then placed both hands on her hips and began to look around. It was hard to get a feel for where they were exactly. She had been so lost in thought when she swung up to the roof that she hadn’t paid much attention to where she was going, and with no street signs in sight, she soon gave up.

Letting out a sigh and shrugging her shoulders, she looked back to Jake and Thalia. “I guess we’ll just have to wing it.” She said with a smile that showed she took way to much pride in the terrible pun she had just made.

(The End)

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top