The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Arcadian Family Reunion. (Clones allowed.)
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeToday at 8:43 am by Shadowoof

» Hunting Monsters
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2020, 10:17 pm by Demonhunter

» lets talk turkey
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2020, 9:38 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Deep Pond's Monster
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2020, 10:47 am by Shadowoof

» Down Time
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2020, 4:39 am by Yang S.

» The Return of a Talon: Rise Of Halo (closed)
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2020, 2:08 am by Arcana

» A tragedy family (Rated M)
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2020, 1:26 pm by Cerek

» Secret Santa 2020
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2020, 12:55 pm by Chellizard

» Factory Showdown
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2020, 4:48 pm by Vorik

» Zoe Alanis
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2020, 12:03 am by Nate6595

» Not a Good Start (Grovoton & Dragon Girl)
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2020, 6:27 pm by Row

» Emendation
Deep Pond's Monster I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2020, 12:59 am by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2020 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Deep Pond's Monster Pixel
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Deep Pond's Monster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Deep Pond's Monster

Post by Nate6595 on November 8th 2020, 12:30 pm

Driving down the 287 between Eads and Wiley one could find Deep Pond nestled away. It was about ten minutes from the Neegronda Reservoir and was a common pitstop for people traveling between the two towns or on the way Denver. The small sign outside the town simply read “Come and sit for a spell.” though it was rare that anyone rightly did so. It wasn’t a town where anything happened. It had all the essentials and even a small school district. The factory and mine that had employed a good chunk of the town back in the day both had closed down leaving the small local businesses to be the only source of revenue. Some people from the nearby towns came by to see the pond where you could catch smallmouth bass and wipers. The pond itself wasn’t actually a pond, but a lake, though everyone just called it the pond.

It was a quiet town, a population of roughly of three hundred or so, and those three hundred or so (with the exception of many of the youth) enjoyed that quiet. It was a town to retire to, especially if you were trying to get away from the city. The town did whisper though, its main export was urban legends. Strange tales that they told one another to pass the time and to keep the kids strait laced. It didn’t work, at least in regard to keeping the kids strait laced, but it was entertainment all the same.

In the recent days, however, the Urban Legends seem to be more than just that. It started with the young McGlick boy, saying saw someone standing at the edge of the woods. A slender figure, short, but ragged. They were wearing a mask that covered their face but he was sure he saw a knife. The adults played it off as an overactive imagination or an older kid playing a prank. Then older Jones’s girl said she also saw someone like that, they were standing outside their house one late night. The Jones’s girl was always a clever one, the elderly said she was gonna go off to Harvard or something and that she’d never make such a claim. The rumor started to gain speed at this point and slowly word of the masked girl became more and more widespread. A new urban legend or some sort of deranged serial killer, no one was sure.

The younger kids called her a ghost which was laughed at, at least for a time. Then people started showing up at the hospital, bones aching and brittle. It was pain beyond anything anyone had felt and the idea of the masked figure being some sort of supernatural entity became more than just something to be laughed at. The real thing that bothered people, though, was that this had all go on over the course of a few days. It had started about five days ago and it showed no sign of letting up. A few of them men who found themselves particular to hunting began keeping watch, driving around the town at night and looking for this specter. Even some of the local football team joined in, keeping watch where they could.

It was, however, the middle schoolers who found a lead on it. Not that many believed them, but they said the saw a girl in the old factory. She was dirty and her clothes were ragged like the monster’s. They didn’t dare go in, but warned the town to stay away from there. As it stands, no one has dared enter, but still the town remains under heavy watch and the authorities are investigating to some degree, but how does one actually investigate a supernatural entity?

At the factory Mirah found herself slumped against a wall. While she managed to feed on a few people one man in particular managed to get a swing of a bat in on her. The swing had broken at least one rib and made it hard to move around. While she managed to use some wildlife to heal up the wound the pain was still present and to be safe she secluded herself in this dank place. It wouldn’t be her first choice. Honestly, she had found a comfortable shed with a soft wooden floor to rest on. Here it was dusty and the stone floor was cold, but there wasn’t much of a choice.

Thankfully, the town was either dumb or scared or some combination and it had kept them away from this place. She hadn’t managed feed on people, but she was safe, at least for now. She was sure that some kids had managed to spot her, but nothing yet had come of it. For the time being she just had to lay low and hope for the best. If she did get caught it wouldn’t be like it’d be for all that long.

She brushed her hand along side her chest, wincing slightly at the pain that lingered. Maybe another day or two and she could try to feed again and then get out of this town. Now that they had caught on it was getting time to leave. She pulled out a map and began searching through it. Part of her wanted to get to Denver where there would be people and decent food, maybe an actual bed to sleep in, but the people were also the problem. More chances to get seen. Eads was a choice too, decent population and maybe there would be more of a chance to stay safe there. It was close to here though and the rumors could’ve spread. She honestly wasn’t sure where she should go in the long term, she was just going place to place, surviving. She waiting for…something.

A cure?

No, this was her power now and she wouldn’t give it up.

A way to fix the pain?

Maybe. If she could be unrestrained with her power then maybe she could think about an actual life, not this piece of shit she managed to scrape together.

A helping hand?

No. Never that.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 401
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Deep Pond's Monster

Post by Shadowoof on November 18th 2020, 12:10 am

Rare moments when one got to relax. Ash wasn't use to them and yet that didn't stop him from making use of such rare moments. "Hmmm." Humming along the sound of gentle bird calls, the man floated atop the water of a lake, close to the woods, where he had hung his coat and arm up. Rarer still was it the coat allowed him to be without it. Every time, it was a one sided conversation. A need for a bath, a need to be alone. Most of the time it didn't listen, leaving him to move on. But when it did, he didn't hesitate to remove the coat, freeing him from the curse.

But with freedom came paranoia. What if someone came by. What if he was attacked... What if someone took the coat and put it on. Without the protections he had, the coat would soon take over whoever was unwise enough to wear it. That thing would be reborn and this world would suffer for it. And Ash? He'd be no one again. It was why he always came back for it. Not just because he was the only person who could wear it safely. But because he couldn't bear to live without it.

Drifting back to the shore, the disgruntled man rubbed along the stump of his right arm, he had his shoulder and some flesh after that, but everything from his elbow to his fingers was gone. Sometimes, when he took the coat off and then his arm. He could still feel them. His fingers. Maybe that was another reason to wear the coat. So he couldn't feel that phantom pain. "Still where I left you huh?" Ash chuckled to himself, staring at the coat as it hung across a branch of a tree. The bronze and crudely designed arm was below it, and Ash spent a couple of minutes making sure it was secured to his right arm, a lengthy process by his lonesome for such an ineffective thing. More a hook hand then anything else.

Tugging his dry clothes on, he left the coat for last, but inevitably he took it into his hands. He could throw it away, burn it... But he doubted that would stop it from worming it's way into someone. No. This was his curse. His gift. His power. No one else would suffer. The coat came on easy, like it always did. As the sleeves wrapped around his arms, the bronze became a silver grey, hook turned to fingers, nails to claws. He had his arm back, and a small smile returned to his face. He felt complete. Rolling the sleeves up his arms, he set to wrapping the old and bloody bandages around his scarred left arm. He was going to need to buy new ones soon enough. That meant getting money. He had some but not enough and unfortunately, he wasn't here for money.  

No, the reason he bathed in a lake, considered a pond by the inhabitants of this small little town called Deep Pond was because he needed a moment before the hunt. His prey? A superstition. When he had first passed into Deep Pond, Ash didn't have any time for it. He was moving towards Denver with hope for work. But then he did something dumb. He asked questions. Questions led to answers, answers led to warnings, warnings led to an old abandoned factory that you were told to not visit because of the wraith that would be there.

If Ashford Narric were any other hunter, he'd have laughed it off and moved on. But he had fought many things, here and in his world. Many dangerous things that felt unreal and were considered myth and legend by many of the people who just wanted to move on with their daily lives. Ashford Narric was a monster hunter. Self proclaimed sure. But that didn't stop him from doing it. For free or pay. A monster was a monster... Well... Looking back to the water, he frowned at his thought. A monster was a monster. "I suppose not all monsters are bad. You'd throw me through a wall if I thought otherwise, wouldn't you?" He asked the mostly still water, getting no answer back. He missed her. The water was the only thing that could remind him of her. But he knew her enough to know what she'd say to him. It was what he loved about her.

Collecting his gear, weapons and utility, Ashford started towards the factory, his good eye keen for anything dangerous. The old factory was quite spacious looking from the outside. If a ghost was about, he wasn't sure how easy a time he'd have finding it. Not even mentioning how to harm it... Actually, he could think of a few ways. He'd never hunted a ghost before. He could only wonder how it felt about magic.

All in due time, he decided. First, he needed to attract it. Looking down at himself, he decided he didn't exactly look easy to approach. Rapier and dagger attached to his belt, a clothe wrapped around his 'sword' which he held atop his shoulder, hand on the bone hilt. "Well. I suppose I can drop the rapier." Pulling the rapier free, he dropped it onto the floor with a metal clang as it hit cement. He was in the factory now. No turning back. And how to attract a ghost, he decided?

Ashford began to whistle.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1422
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 on November 26th 2020, 3:46 am

There was always something.

At first Mirah was convinced it was just a noise. It was an old factory after all. Old machinery whined under its own weight and the building itself creaked and moaned with age. Originally, she worried that dust or mold was going to make it an uncomfortable stay, but in honestly it was the sounds of decrepit age that made her uncomfortable here. She tried her best to the tune those things out, to try and ignore it so she could get some well-deserved rest, but in some late evenings it was hard to manage that. She wanted to get out, maybe find a nice motel in another town. A nice treat for a change, a well deserved break.

It was, however, the whistling that made her jump in surprise. The sound wasn’t the building, but a person. A person who was now whistling carelessly. That didn’t bode well. The people of the town wouldn’t approach such a place with ease, and the children surely wouldn’t be so casual. This meant it was someone out of town? At least probably…but what would they do here? Maybe someone looking to buy the property? Or…was it an investigator? There had been times in her past where such a visitor had come by. Where someone, seeking the steel masked specter or killer for evidence of the supernatural. They rarely got the evidence they wanted, and those who did only caught glimpses of her, nothing more than evidence someone could muster up for bigfoot. Of course, the stories moved about from place to place that she visited. The girl in the mirror, the ghost watching from behind them (though really it was in front and the mirror just made it seem so), and, the very occasional name, Bloody Mary.

There was an easy way to find this all out, of course. She wouldn’t waste idle time making guess work of who decided to intrude upon her. At the front of the building she had placed a small mirror, nothing big or noteworthy, just an old mirror from one of the bathrooms leaning against the wall by the door. A way for her to check on whoever came through. She had brought another into the room she made her room, which really was just a sleeping bag, a hotplate, and a bag or two of hers.

It was a strange sensation to slip through a mirror, but soon enough she was in that other place. It looked very much like the real world, but…blurrier, faded, like you were looking at the world through a fogged glass. She had grown used to traversing it though and soon found herself looking out of the mirror she had placed at the front door. She was staring at…a man? Who was he? What did he want? And…was that a sword? These were all the thoughts running through her head as she stared at this lone figure.

Evidence pointed towards the fact that this probably wasn’t an inspector or someone trying to buy the building. An investigator then. But what sort of paranormal investigator brings a sword to this kind of thing? This wasn’t right. This wasn’t right at all. She couldn’t help but feel…threated by the man’s presence. The mere fact that he was here meant that he wanted something…from her. To do with her. She had to figure out how exactly to get rid of this person…which meant she might to have to actually engage this person. Which meant…how to do this.

Quietly, she let out a breath, which fogged her side of the mirror. Quickly writing in the backwards letters she began to spell out a few words. Of course, writing backwards on her side meant they’d appear normal to whoever was looking at it from out there. She wrote quickly, not wanting to waste time and potentially get caught by the man. When the short statement was written out and complete she ducked low and reached a hand out of the glass, tapping the floor three times and hoping to be heard by the man to briefly grasp his attention. However, in the next moment she would jump to the side, hopefully avoiding the glance of the man so that she could remain hidden. The message written on the glass read out a short, but simple message.

“Hunter. Leave and I shall soon follow suit.”

And that was all. She learned that leaving short, simple messages was the best way to trick people into believing you were a ghost. Longer messages didn’t give the same feel and would lead people to investigate further. This would surely do to get rid of him. Any further, then maybe…just maybe, she would have to choose a more…direct method of removing people. Nothing she hadn’t done in the past, but it always ended up in her getting hurt.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Number of posts : 401
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof on November 26th 2020, 10:47 am

This place was quiet. It should be expected, Ashford noted. Quiet was natural. He didn't like it none the less. He was use to confrontation. For his foe to be eager for a fight. Suppose if it was a ghost. That'd make sense. He had never fought one before. Met one, sure. But the spirit of luck wasn't exactly a phantom. Just an old man who was unlucky enough to not be able to rest.

This world was a strange thing enough on its own. He kept his pace silent and sure footed. The only noise his whistle and the soft pattering of a clawed metal finger tapping along his coat. Perhaps he shouldn't have whistled. Maybe he scared off whatever it was that had kept itself hidden. Shame if that had been the case. Would have made all of this worthless.

So perhaps it was luck. Or perhaps it was that confrontation he had expected. Muted that it was if it was only a few quick taps. It was to his left, so of course he missed whoever had made the noise. He silently cursed his missing eye as he turned to face the source, only to come face to face with a mirror. When was that there? No, he had noticed it before, having paid little attention to what should have been nothing, he was all but ready to have ignored its being.

But now it was his focus. Stepping close too it, he found out why. A simple message. "Heh." Ashford smiled with a small chuckle. The smile was accidental, but he couldn't help but be happily surprised by the cheeky little message. He went to wipe the message away, but found it had remained, it being written not on his plane. That caught him by a surprise he didn't smile too. "Neat trick." The man said seriously, looking around for the source of the message. Was this the power of a ghost? Or was this magic? Had to be...

Now he was interested. He wanted to know who did this. It was clear they didn't mean him harm. Why warn a trespasser if you wished to harm them? Didn't mean he couldn't see what they were capable of. Leaning into the mirror, Ashford let out a breath of his own, but that was mostly for show, for it wasn't his bandaged hand he was using to write his message. Taking a claw, Ashford began to cut into the mirror with it. Writing a much more simple message.

"On."

The message had been written as no, but Ashford wasn't insightful enough to think that the message was written from inside the mirror, leaving his message to be backwards for the being behind it. But he was satisfied as he stepped back, his living hand held the hilt of the sword on his shoulder still. But then he dropped it, like he had dropped his rapier.

Rather then a clang like his rapier, the sword hitting the ground was meaty. Like flesh and bone. Made sense to him. His sword was made of demon bits. Now only armed with a dagger and his arm. Ashford continued to look for his watcher, stepping deeper into the abandoned factory. "Come out... Come out. Don't have to worry about my desire. Really. I'll adapt to yours." Ashford started to call out. Ears keen for any sound. It was quiet. Noise echoed. He didn't think that whoever it was could be silent forever.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1422
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down