The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Horror From The Deep I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Horror From The Deep I_vote_lcapThe Horror From The Deep I_voting_barThe Horror From The Deep I_vote_rcap 
ghost
The Horror From The Deep I_vote_lcapThe Horror From The Deep I_voting_barThe Horror From The Deep I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Horror From The Deep

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Horror From The Deep Empty The Horror From The Deep

Post by H.J Elliot November 24th 2011, 7:53 pm

H.J. was cut down, knocked out of the sky by some unnatural force he was following, which dropped him thousands of feet into the ocean, where he was left to reflect on his thoughts and the enemy ahead, and its horrifying features. It was only by the grace of his spell casting that he was able to completely avoid being smooshed to bits when he landed, using a shell made of magical energy, it broke his fall as he collided with the sea below him.

Only an hour ago, he was tracking something that was caught on the magical sensors, though what is was was entirely uncertain what type of creature it was, the flared up at the thought of a unknown creature flying the skies around earth without being able to identify its origin, or even what shape the creature was, H.J. had to act quick.

Catching the entity in the skies above an east asian island, he proceeded to get his plane shot down by whatever it was, blasting it full of a strange energy, which created a fiery explosion as the energy radiated from its appendage in a color beyond anything H.J. had seen before, causing him and his plain to go down in the skies just above the islands.

"What the hell... is that?!"

H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

The Horror From The Deep Empty Re: The Horror From The Deep

Post by ghost November 24th 2011, 9:51 pm

The seat of the airplane was uncomfortable, the stiff padding and plastic liked to cut into Todd's shins when they had the chance, pretty much every time the plane hit turbulence. The seat belt sign would ding and suddenly the pain would begin, continuing with every bump it hit. Yet he would pretend there was nothing wrong. After all he was a super, and this pain should be nothing to him, but it was annoying to death. He just smiled as the flight attendants walked past.

"Africa here I come..." The thought passed though his head. Earlier that week a person from one of the Tribes called him, she explained that there was a tomb there that had odd writing in it, he was the only one that could translate. He felt that there was something more by the hesitation in her voice, yet it could have been the harsh tribal accent that through him off. Thoughts of translating something were intriguing, if she was calling him then it must mean they found something in ancient Orrenth. The only writing anyone would call him about. He is the only expert on the planet, and it came naturally to him. Something inside seemed to scream the meaning of etch symbol in his ear.

Before he left he did a little more research on the Ancient Orrenth tribes. They were Cosmic users themselves."Maybe that is why I can read their writings.." He thought, then quickly garbed his bag. The texture of the bag seemed durable and tough, not just anything could cut through it. This was the reason he was bringing it on this trip, "The desert can beat all it wants on this bag.", he imagined, then unzipped it. Todd Peered inside. A set of digging tools seemed to be thrown in over a bunch of neatly stacked and labeled papers. Most of it was travailing documents, but the rest consisted of things about the Ancient tribe. He wasn't able to get to all the information he wanted so brought it with him.

He was about to reach into the bag and remove one of the documents labeled, "The Stone of the Orrenths". Suddenly the plane shook, "No ding.." He looked up to the seat belt sign. Then the plane shook even more and he looked out the window to see the engine burst into flames, the sign lights up. The cabin begins to get loud as people realize what was happening. Cries from the baby next to him fill the area. Then screams down the aisle. The pain from the seat was nothing anymore.

Todd stud up. The pilot came over the intercom and explained emergency procedures. He didn't mention what had happened, but you could tell there was worry in his voice. The flight attendants were no better, even tho they forced their smiles and told everyone things would be OK. One came over to Todd and told him to sit down, he quickly ran to the restroom. He didn't forget to grabbed his bag and pretend that he was about to get sick.

Just after he slammed the door to the restroom he zipped the bag back up and then quickly removed the bottom portion of it. His suit fell out.

The small room seamed to get hot, he changed as quickly as he could, the texture of his suit was soft and light. The circle on the chest began to glow as soon as it hit his body. Then he pushed the bathroom door open. The plane seemed to flight strait enough for him to keep his balance and they didn't seem to be in a nose dive or any other acrobatic pose. But there was suddenly something far more wrong then just an engine failure. The wall behind him ripped open, and the suction pulled him out before he could think of something to do.

Todd plummeted to the ocean below, his clothes falling not to far behind him. "Oh, Lord..." He said, as the ocean got closer and closer. He gripped his bag tightly and forced it on his back. A moment passed as he moved elegantly through the air. "I hope the people on that plane can follow directions". He looked up, a part of him trying to stop the air from stinging his skin, but he caught a look at the plane. Holes were scattered over it, what happened he couldn't be sure, but it was quickly engulfed in flames and went into a nose dive.

The ocean was 50 feet from him. A distance that would be covered in a short moment. He Shot energy toward the water beneath, not holding back an ounce of strength, the blasts creating a large hole for him to land. Todd used his energy to form a protective shell of around him as he took a deep breath and entered the water.

The water bubbled in front of his face as he peered forward....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Avatar image: By Ofelia Generated with AI.
ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 448
Job : Medical, Navy
Humor : Your mom
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by H.J Elliot November 26th 2011, 2:38 pm

"become like a bullet, Magic shot!"

At the utterance of his incantation, energy formed on his hand and he flung it into the water behind the man, slamming into the boundary of water and slamming into the shadow laying underneath him, causing it to sink further into the depths in order to prepare to hunt again. With the bought himself, he pulled the man from the water and onto the platform he created.

"Get on!"

H.J. had created a horizontal rainbow barrier directly below his feet, working similar to a magical platform that he could hold in place, or use like stepping stones to move forward. This one however, hovered in place so that he could easily maneuver when their was no ground to stand on, such as in the middle of the ocean. His skills were much better suited for out of combat situations, given he was not nearly strong enough to use them in battle. They were really only magical fastballs, things that did some damage, but never enough to finish an opponent off.

The being from underneath the waves came fluttering up from the waves, only noticeable from the distinct otherworld color it had glowing around it, lighting up the water with a color far beyond the spectrum of human sight. Rocketing from the water, its tentacles flew at H.J. and his now rescued friend.

H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte November 26th 2011, 11:02 pm

Gwharr had finally had enough after his encounter with the zombie-man. The strange man-made caves that ran beneath the hive of scum and villany that had become his home was not safe anymore. They had been compromized by all the weirdos that rummaged about this strange, strange new world. Unfortunately, the strange thin men in the silly blue clothes had not allowed Gwharr to get on one of the big metal-bird-thing-creatures, like the other thinlings, so our heroic caveman had been reduced to clinging to the top of the plane like some other mook. Luckily his strength and durability allowed him to bury his nails into the hull and hang on with a minimal usage of effort. Once he got past the massive amount of wind, this wasn't actually that uncomfortable, untill that *Thing* Appeared.

Gwharrs feeble little brain couldn't really grasp the actual shape of the thing, but he knew at once that it wasn't properly real. Sure, it might be physically there, but as his eyes could not really determine its form, since it seemed to bend at impossible angles beyond our commonly used three dimensions occasionally. Whatever it really was or looked like, Gwharrs instincts told him it was not meant to be here. It was utterly alien to this place. It was not merely alien to this world, but rather alien to this universe, to our physical laws and three dimensions. For once Gwharrs lack of intelligence served him well as his lack of understanding actually prevented his little mind to go insane as it tried to comprehend the entity in front of him.

However, as his gaze was still locked on the entity in front of him the thing decided to destroy the plane. Gwharr was so fascinated by it that he did notice the metal whirly-bird-thing was crashing untill he was freefalling through the air. When he got over the initial surprise at this, he was not all that worried about it anymore, he knew that the fall wouldn't hurt him all that much, and if it did, he would be as good as new in less than a minute.

Hitting the water was like hitting concrete. However, however, thanks to Gwharrs durability he barely felt it, Even though he was traveling too quickly to be buyoued upwards by the water. Instead he kept hurtling into the depths untill he hit the coral reef that covered the bottom of the sea. He landed on the calcium-based rocklike shells, tensed his leg-muslces and leapt upwards, shooting through the water like a torpedoe, flying through the air untill he crashlanded himself on the island, not long from the plane he had once ridden, glaring up at the "alien" with vengeful eyes.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost November 28th 2011, 3:03 pm

The bubbles rose quickly as the breath escaped from Todd's lungs. Thoughts of the passengers filled his head, "What had happened to them, where they OK?". Then something grabbed him, he flinched for a second, grasping the mans hand, but then realized that he was being taken out of the water. The hold on his arm became more intense as his body came up from the water, and gravity had license to pull him down more furiously, but that didn't seem to stop his upward ascent .

"Get on!" The voice called as Todd gulped for air. Once he was on the terrace, he rubbed his eye's to remove the water from his vision. This revealed the colorful platform that he was dragged onto. As soon as his eye's were clear he gazed into the sky. Thoughts of the people on the plane still ravaged his brain. Then he seen it as his eye's met the water again, but before he could fully make out its shape, tentacles shoot from the water.

"What the.. heck is that?!" Todd yelled as he struggled not to curse. But the tentacles where coming to quick. Todd's arms became enshrouded with a bright blue aura. Then he quickly formed a large arm of energy and grasped onto the animals appendages. Todd's arm seemed to grow as the energy radiated from it. He pulled the animal out of the water and flung it into the air, then formed another arm of energy and punched the creature with a quick shift of his arm and hips, sending it a few hundred yards away.

"Hopefully that deters the the beast's destructive instincts." Todd said smiling.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Avatar image: By Ofelia Generated with AI.
ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 448
Job : Medical, Navy
Humor : Your mom
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content