The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» Fusion Frenzy
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_vote_lcapAlert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_voting_barAlert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_vote_lcapAlert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_voting_barAlert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) Empty Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.)

Post by Shadowoof May 10th 2019, 1:50 am

Rylie stepped off the barge, eyes bright, both literally and figuratively. Tokyo. It was such a big place! Just like the other place. The people were very different however, they were just like the people that said if she is a hero, she should come onto this boat to Tokyo. Now Rylie wasn't a hero... At least. She didn't think she was a hero, they kept saying that they needed heroes, so she decided she could be a hero!

It couldn't be hard? Did she listen to what the humans were going on about? Not really. Did she know what she had to do? She had absolutely no clue, but that was fine. She was happy to just look around, and she couldn't quite do that at the pier, so she just as quickly left as she had arrived, amber eyes glancing at every little thing. There were people all about, buildings everywhere, bright and colorful signs with words she didn't quite understand, it was pleasant, but clearly it didn't seem like these people needed anyone.

So. Hero... Hero hero hero. She had heard the word a few times. Knew the word actually. Heroes were all about. But why did this city need them? "Maybe I should have listened... Hmm..." Rylie whispered to herself, stepping side to side, tilting and turning her head as she considered what to do. What to do, oh what to do. Well, she wasn't a hero. She knew that much... Maybe she could just let anyone who did call themselves such just do everything, and she could go enjoy what this city had to offer!

"Yes! I like this plan. Oh, I wonder what they have here... Ooh, what is that? She asked in relation to the many screams that were beginning to gain some distance from her, perhaps a matter of this... Hero business. She could walk away, after all, she had decided that perhaps this matter simply didn't need her... But. "I did come here... I suppose I could help some people. Like a hero!" Rylie decided, walking at a brisk pace towards the yells, only for them to quiet down as sirens took over.

She did make it, finally, to her surprise, she did not find people, no, she found... Gas. It was slowly, ever so slowly coming towards her, like a great tidal wave, and sounds of fire, cracks and smashes, the occasional pained yell or scream came from inside the gas, as if it was causing everyone inside great hurt... And destroying things.

She almost let out a frightened yell as someone quite clearly in a panic flew over her from the ever encroaching gas, visible strands of energy like power escaped their hands and propelled them forwards and upwards as they flew without control or reason, they nearly crashed into the nearby building as they flew off into the unknown.  "Oh..." With a confused frown, Rylie turned back towards the gas, stepping back as it approached, perhaps it wasn't safe to touch the gas at all... But it'd have to be where a hero would go... Right? That sounded right... Maybe she should touch it. The almost building tall, orange gas of spark spreading throughout the city block that was giving anyone inside it powers, and Rylie was mere moments away from being engulfed inside it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) Empty Re: Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.)

Post by Alpha May 11th 2019, 6:27 pm

Masters Pharmaceuticals was a growing company, reaching out into other countries with tendrils that were steadily beginning to increase his reach and influence. There weren’t many people who could serve as rivals in business, though the only thing keeping him from absolute dominance were companies like Gene-tech and laws which prohibited monopolies. Tokyo was one of those cities he was gaining a hold within and so Travis had to look into the culture of Japan and even began learning their language before going there personally. It was best that he should be able to speak their language rather than hoping someone else would be able to speak the language for him. Now that would have been no good at all. There were other reasons that he was making his moves, though that was less than legal. Nothing he would want his current ward to catch wind of when she could take it so poorly.

”Remember to be careful. Can never tell what the metahumans in japan can do,” Travis warned Nu, scrolling through a pad with considerate eye. Despite their current confinement within his limo, he had promised that Nu would have the run of the city to experience it. So long as she followed a few rules so she didn’t get herself hurt or hurt someone else in the process.  His attention was partially split between the various emails displayed on his tablet and the city just through his window, going about business as if there were no care in the world. He paused for a moment, seemingly lost within thought before removing something from his pocket.

A small plastic card which he levitated over to Nu with a thought. ”Credit card. Thought you might want to shop for something. Usually how it goes in big cities like this.” With money came the ability to offer small slices of his wealth to others, especially those he had been meaning to garner support from. This woman was a powerful psionic and he had seen her within her full glory before, more powerful than he could have imagined was possible. Even his own potential was pale in comparison he had realized when seeing it. With a lurch the vehicle stopped, and the sound of screaming could be heard. His eyes turned towards a great plume of orange smoke rising not a block away from where they were.

Now what was that about?

Travis knew but he wouldn’t give that away. ”Didn’t take Tokyo for a terrorist zone. Doesn’t look too good.” He noted to himself and Nu, turning to the woman with an arced brow. ”if you’re thinking of doing anything about it, I won’t stop you. Doubt i’ll be moving anywhere soon anyway.” As if to answer his question, a car was thrown over the nearby building and slammed atop the one in front of them with a sickening boom.  His eyes widened for a moment in surprise before he moved out of the vehicle, the sound of civil panic more obvious without anything muffling the sound.  ”looks like we’ll have no choice in the matter if we’ll take part or not.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.) Empty Re: Alert! Silent gasses. (Alpha an NU.)

Post by Dubloon May 12th 2019, 5:40 am

Nu’s feet waved back and forth as she stared out the window. The young mute found the flashing neon lights and overall aesthetic of the city really neat. The droves of people lining the streets however were another story. Nu had been doing her best to integrate herself into society. She had taken a few trips out of the country and had even participated in a real life treasure hunt. Still, she found it hard to hang around large groups of people for to long, and ultimately preferred the quiet comfort of her hideout. That being said, this was one of those times where Nu made the decision to leave her comfort zone, and she wouldn’t have done it, if it weren’t for Travis.

Travis Masters, aka Alpha, was probably one of the few people on this planet that Nu felt comfortable around. Ever since the two met, Travis had filled the void left behind by Nu’s previous father figure Sionas. Sure Nu and Alpha were about the same age, both physically and literally, but the young artificial human looked up to Travis. It was practically the whole means for this trip in fact. And Nu couldn’t have been happier, at least for the moment.

As the limo came to a crawl, Alpha found some time to pry his attention away from the tablet he held in his hands. The words out of his mouth were a warning about the locals and for Nu to be cautious. The second thing he said, came as he presented her with a credit card. Nu’s eyes lit up at the sight of the shiny piece of plastic as it reflected the neon lights of Tokyo off its surface. As the card floated into her hands via Travis’ telekinesis, She reached into her pocket where she’d retrieve her phone.

After peeling the protective case off the phone, if Travis were to look closely, he would see a few scraps of paper, another credit card, and a photo of a middle aged man. The little mute would place her newly minted card on top of the stack and then slip the phone back into the case. A few seconds later she’d flash her phone at Travis, thanking him deeply for the card, his trust, and his offer to bring her along for this trip. Nu was truly giddy.

Nu’s large smile faded quickly as the car came to a sudden stop. She immediately went into defensive mode, her eyes narrowing in suspicion and her head snapping in every direction. She wasn’t going to let anything happen to Alpha or the driver. The abrupt pause was enough to rile a response from Alpha as he to seemed perplexed by what was going on. Then it hit. Screams began to fill the air causing Nu and Travis to both look in the general direction they were coming from. A large cloud of orange smoke was slowly building up not to far from where they were.

Travis’ response to the cloud came as though he knew exactly how Nu was going to react. He was right though. Nu saw danger, and despite her timid nature, always felt a need to investigate. There could be more people trapped inside that cloud. They didn’t know what it was or what it could do, and that was why Nu had to go. Before she could even set a single foot outside the limo, there was a loud crash as a car fell from the sky and landed on the car in front of them. It was enough to startle Nu, nearly causing her to leap out of her seat.

Nu’s first course of action once she was out of the limo was to assist the people trapped in the two vehicles ahead of them. Using her power, Nu would effortlessly lift the overturned car into the air and gently place it right side up on the sidewalk. Her head would snap back in Travis’ direction, hoping that he could decipher the glance and know that Nu wanted him to make sure the people were ok. Without waiting for any confirmation, Nu would begin leaping from car to car. Even among the flood of terrified citizens fleeing the cloud, it was easy to spot Nu rushing head on into danger. Hopefully there was something she’d be able to do.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "...."

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 12th 2019, 8:51 am

When the angel first entered the growing mist, she expected something to happen, maybe she'd suddenly have energy and start flying. As fun as that sounded, she was mildly disappointed when nothing happened. The air tasted strange, but beyond that, she seemed unaffected. Just fine. Perhaps it was because she was an angel, that this mist didn't seem to do anything with her. That was good, because if it didn't affect her, then she had nothing to worry about, she could hero away!

But where to start? And the more imminent danger was not to her... But to everyone outside the mist, the further it went, the more people it could touch, and she was quite sure not everyone was ready to be flying like that man. "I can't stop every street... But maybe I can slow it." Walking back to the exit of the gas, she stood inside of it as she brought her hands close to her chest, one hovering inches above the other as the palms faced each other.

"Breathe... Imagine it... I did it before. It's easy." Whispering, a ball of ice would begin to form between her palms, and she walked in pace with the mist, keeping just inside of it, her eyes shifting between the people rushing away from it, and the height at which the mist seemed to stop, and when she felt she was ready, she grasped a hold of the growing, swirling ball of ice in one hand and smashed it into the ground. A trail of ice moved forwards out of the mist before splitting off towards the sides of the buildings of the street and raising as a solid wall, reaching far above the mist and effectively creating a barrier of ice, impeding the progression of the mist... Here at least.

"...I... Can't do this everywhere. It looks like it's spread out. Too many exits... And I don't know how long this will hold." Sad, nearly depressed, Rylie realized that she didn't save these people with this action. She merely slowed the progress... And that wasn't enough.

The only way to save them would be to stop this mist at the source... It had to have a source. It didn't just form from no where... Something was producing it... And with how it spread. The center of this city block had to be where it was.

She could do it. She could be the hero. Maybe not here. Maybe not for the people already inside. But she could find whatever the source of this mist is, and stop it, she would.

Turning from the barrier of ice, Rylie started deeper into the mist, where the sound of panic could still be heard, be it someone yelling, to cracks and smashes of windows and ground being broken. Clearly, these people needed a hero. And she was that hero, the thought gave her a smile and the will to see this though to the end, she wouldn't rest till the mist was done and gone!

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha May 13th 2019, 7:25 am

Travis had spent just enough time with the woman to know how she would react, especially in a dangerous situation like this. The small looks were just reminders of what was the case  and they were easy enough to read. He pursed his lips, watching her leap with superhuman grace while his eyes scanned to the vehicle smashed before his own.  Likely there would be cameras on him, something to worry about but later. Nothing that he couldn’t deal with  instantly should the need arise. His mental influence stretched out like invisible tendrils, grasping and reaching for specific shapes then when he felt the cameras a thought was all it took to crush them into parts. No eyes to see his true abilities should the need arise, like these within the crushed car.

He leaned over to peer into the drivers window, middle aged man slumped against the steering wheel with blood streaking over his forehead. His chest rose and fell in shallow breaths, alive enough despite what he assumed was internal bleeding.  ”Well, lucky for you i’m in a heroic mood.” He whispered to no one, resting his palm against the smashed on door and with a thought and motion of the hand pulled backwards it ripped from its hinges. The door clanged to the ground and he pulled the man from his car, feeling the wet blood begin to slowly seep out over his neck while supporting him.  ”I shouldn’t be playing around with people like you, especially with a lack of an ambulance around. ”

Grey eyes scanned the scenes around him, yet no emergency services. Maybe things functioned differently around here and he would have to work with that. Moving man through the blown out front of a store and leaning his form against the counter. With the very faint hope he would remain unharmed, Travis stepped out back into the chaos unfolding and began to focus on allowing his plan to unfold. Chris, do you have the pawns moving? He sent the message through the hive mind and felt the mental response.

Yes, they should be releasing more samples throughout the city. He heard in return through his thoughts.  A soft smirk of approval flashed across his face,

Good. Begin the waterborne tests now. With that done he had to wonder what he would do. Glass crunched under his shoe, as jets of fire rose into the air from a man screaming in fear and what he assumed was agony. Wracked with pain from forced evolution. Who knew an altered spark base would be able to cause so much mayhem with a little intelligent implementation. Stepping through the dense cloud of smoke, he released a small bubble of power around him to keep it at bay. While it should not affect his own physiology, there was no telling if that might change.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon May 13th 2019, 8:19 am

Nu’s only seemed to accelerate as she drew closer to the cloud that had the citizens of Tokyo running in fear. That’s why, when a barrier of ice formed in her path, Nu had to use her power to bring her whole body to a sudden stop. Taking a cat-like leap away from the wall of ice, Nu would give it a confused glare. Her neon green eyes went from the base to the top of the frigid structure. Her first instinct was to smash right through the damn thing, but Nu knew she had to do better than that.

The artificial young woman would fold her arms across her chest as mentally worked things out. She had to be a better hero. This was part of it. She couldn’t just roll with her first instinct all the time, as it wasn’t always the best course of action. For example She had come to the realization that this wall of ice was actually doing something good. It was keeping the mysterious gas from creeping any further down the street. And that was a good thing, because Alpha was further down the street and she didn’t want him or the innocent people of Tokyo getting hurt.

With a self assured nod, Nu would do something she often didn’t. The young psion would envelope her entire body in a thin layer of telekinetic energy and would lift herself up and over the barrier of ice. As Nu descended into the cloud of gas, she’d expand the aura around her body into a bubble. She didn’t know what this gas did, but based on the reaction from the locals, it was bad, and that was enough to put Nu into full caution mode.

Landing with a soft thud, the mute would take note of her surroundings. Visibility was particularly poor. She could barely see a few feet in front of her. The screams of panicking citizens in the distance along with the sound of random powers firing off were enough to put Nu on edge. Giving herself a few slaps on the cheeks, Nu tried to summon some courage. She had to pony up. She was here to help people. There wasn’t going to be much of that if she was in a constant state of fear. Puffing up her chest and tightly clenching her fists, Nu would walk forward with determination. A determination that would quickly diminish as she found herself sitting on the ground after walking into a light post.

Nu quickly shot to her feet, a mixed look of shame and annoyance on her face as she rubbed her forehead. *Right! Can’t See* she thought to herself before giving the trek into the gas another go. Hopefully she’d find someone soon. The scene within the gas looked bleak, at least from what little Nu could see.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 13th 2019, 11:41 am

Progressing deeper, Rylie had found that it was... Actually, unlike the entrance to the gas she had blocked off, the dense gas further inside meant she only really had sound to lead her, and occasionally she would trip over broken rubble or the raise in pavement.

Echos of what was happening rung and crackled around her, distressed calls that warned her of danger or something dangerous happening, so much so that despite her wish to aid them, she encountered a wall or ended in the wrong direction, the mist foul with her senses, that it became almost impossible to find any living human.

But soon enough, she found somehow, three of them. What looked like teenagers, and rather then panic, they were having the time of their lives. Sort of. The three of them had broken into what looked like a out of the way jewelry store, it's workers most likely having abandoned it in favor of attempting to escape the gas. "Hello! If you can, I'd suggest you leave. Don't go this way however, as it's currently blocked off." Rylie tried calling to them, but found that her voice rang not on deaf ears, as they could not understand her, nor she them when they responded.

Inching closer, she realized that these teens did not have honest intentions, pockets were spilling out with stolen items, and they had no shame in wearing most of the stolen jewels, which was interesting, considering that the three of them were indeed, drastically changed from what one could consider normal. One of them had four arms, their skin covered in green and brown scales, and it seemed this mutation was merely starting with how a rather curious lump grew from the back of their pants.

The second and third teen were not as heavily mutated, but showed clear signs of meta powers, with one of them, a girl, balling what looked like lights inside their hands and the other seemed to be able to move things without touching them, a multitude of objects floated around the teens head.

And all three of them now had their attention on Rylie, while not abandoning their find, the three left the store with all they could carry and rounded on the angel, who moved backwards in pace with them, till her head smacked into a street light, their intent quite clear. "I don't wish conflict, I simply desire to find the cause of this mist and stop it. Please, just leave." Rylie begged to no avail, in fact the three mutated and rowdy teens seemed only to mock her words as the one with the jewels around floating around him reached out to her.

Suddenly, the street light lurched and groaned as metal snapped and coiled tight around Rylie, almost taking her off the ground. Surprised, but not distracted by this, she watched as the four armed boy came towards her, hands pulled back as if to slap her or clap right in front of her face, but when he got close enough, she lifted her legs off the ground and kicked him in the gut, sending the boy reeling back before she was blinded by the girl, whose beams made the angel's vision nothing but white.

She tried to flex and push against the metal, and was making headway till the telekinetic boy caught wind and tightened the coils even further, her ribs being crushed so much that she lost her breathe. "Just... Stop." She coughed out, only to receive a vengeful strike from the heavily mutated teen, their rough scales brushing her skin as she found her vision returning, the beam of light no longer focused on her.

She looked between the three, continuing to flex against the ever tightening metal coil, her open palms forming two separate balls of ice and frost as she considered her own retaliation. These three needed a hero, clearly, but she was beginning to think she wasn't the hero they needed right now, but she couldn't stay here... No. She would not, no matter what.

Dropping the balls, the two smashed into the ground and two pillars of ice shot from the ground, connecting with the two lesser mutated teens in the solar plexus's, temporarily putting them out of action as they fell back to grasp their chests and catch their stolen breathes, and while the tightening of the metal was now gone, she was still trapped, and the four armed boy decided that he'd take charge of taking vengeance for his friends, as he prepared to punish the angel for her actions, something she was slightly worried about. He punched hard. Very hard. And he had four arms.

Maybe she needed a hero.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha May 14th 2019, 6:37 pm

Travis extended his mind outwards, feeling over every groove and counter within the area around him. Cars knocked over, rubble from buildings and even people running through the dense mist of spark that had formed through the air. There was movement within the gas, people tousling and clashing among one another with the abilities likely gained through the gas itself. Part of him wondered what they were doing and why they clashed among one another instead of trying to escape. So many questions though there was only one way to figure them out. Someone however seemed to notice him, running with a fist raised as if hoping to threaten the unknown shape within the gas. He raised a hand, forming a barrier on point of contact and releasing a backlash to throw them through what felt like the wall of a building. ”Must have been superhuman strength but it felt like nothing really,” He noted to himself, feeling for more shapes within the gas and especially the ones fighting not too far from him.

One shape with four arms rushed another who seemed to be suffering some manner of  problem. With a flick the four armed man was thrown aside and he approached, reaching out with his mind to contact her.  ”looked like you were having trouble, so hope you don’t mind if I help.”  He stated, approaching as the gas slowly parted around them with a thought to reveal him walking through it with hands settled firmly within his pockets.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon May 15th 2019, 1:17 am

This gas was thick. Nu had to slow her pace down in order to not trip up over any rubble that might have been in her path. Now that the young mute was deeper into the ominous cloud of gas, the screams of terrified citizens had died down. Much of them came from the direction Nu had come from, which was quite concerning for the young woman. What if she was too late? What if there wasn’t anyone left to save? These thoughts raced through Nu’s mind, which was already on edge. This eventually lead to Nu picking up a piece of rubble to carry around as a weapon in case someone or something tried to attack her.

Nu began to hope that she’d find someone soon. Preferably someone she could help. With looted shop she passed, and every over turned car on the side of the road, the situation only seemed to grow bleaker. Against the glow of her barrier and the orange tinted gas, Nu could finally make out two blobs in front of her. Judging by the shape they had to be people. This was great. Nu’s spirit felt suddenly uplifted at the prospect of running into someone else in this nightmarish scenario.

There would be a sudden pause in Nu’s movement. While she was excited to finally find other people, she had no idea if they were friendly or not. This prompted her to hoist the piece of rubble she grabbed earlier into the air with her telekinesis. Readying it in case of an attack. Nu was able to creep closer and get a better look at the two mysterious figures. One of them she recognized right away and it put a big smile on her face. Her eyes lit up with joy at the sight of Alpha. She was glad he was ok, but that joy was suddenly backed with concern. This place was dangerous.

Nu frantically patted around her person in search of her phone until she found it. She’d get to work typing up a message, completely ignoring the fact that there was another individual next to them. |-What are you doing here? You should be somewhere safe!-| Nu expressed her concern before finally taking note of the trapped individual next to them. This then lead Nu to realize there were three other individuals around them. It was pretty apparent by the look on the young mutes face that she was trying to work out the whole situation.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 15th 2019, 5:13 am

The four armed teen was suddenly lurched backwards away from Rylie before the super powered being could cause the angel any more harm, and her amber eyes found the cause of said action. A young man, who seemed to be... Outside of the gas? No, he was inside of it, he was just keeping it away from him.

Of course, that didn't matter, not when she could hear a voice, a voice she assumed was his, and she didn't dare try to answer him back with whatever method he used to contact her. She was rather afraid too for some reason. "Hello! I would not harm them. They are just children... Also. Out of... Me." Rylie called to the man, looking to the ice pillars ether side of her, she frowned and continued to flex against the coil of metal around her, creaking and cracking it, only pausing to the arrival of...

Rylie stopped to stare at the new being, eyes wide in confusion and wonder to what the woman was... No, Rylie knew what the woman was, the man too, they were not normal, not like these children, modified by whatever this gas did to them, and while she had no name for the man, for he was not... a normal one at least, one name kept growing and showing in her mind when it came to the silent woman... "What is... an Overseer?" The young angel whispered as she unthinkingly pushed against the coil so much that she could easily escape, and did so, sliding between the metal and ignoring the male, walking up to Nu with a curious look.

Her attention was on none but Nu as the three rowdy teens recovered and looked to the three, Alpha perhaps being the only one that could understand would, would get the idea that they wanted to test their powers on a 'would be' hero, but three was too much as they decided to cut their losses and keep what they had to leave.

But as they began to leave, the boy with four arms stopped to yell in pain, collapsing to the ground as his muscled form rippled and changed, growing bulkier and more scaled, the back of his pants tore open as a lizard like tail grew and his face no longer had a human shape to it, bone snapping and realigning as his jaw became more a maw and his noise a snout, this new genetic mutation seemed to change the desired want of the boy. Rather then run, lizard like eyes looked back to the two that had hurt him, and with a hungry anger, the bigger, stronger and surprisingly faster boy charged the three of them, four hands big enough to crush heads open and ready to do just that, his two friends already long gone with whatever they could take.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha May 16th 2019, 6:15 pm

”Children they are not. From my perspective they were trying to assault you, maybe worse if I hadn't come along.  Can never know what people with new power would do,” The one he had thrown aside like a child was stunned for the moment and his friends did not find the heroes as weak as they seemed. Instead trying to run away as fast they could, especially when Nu emerged from the smoke unharmed much like him. Not that he imagined the gas would have done anything to her strange genetic structure. He offered a smile to the woman arriving on the scene, hands buried into his pockets as he pushed the gas further to allow them a small window of conversation.  The woman he saved turned attention from him towards Nu, leaving Alpha staring at the two interact in a curious fashion until the one he had thrown aside began acting strangely.

”Secondary mutations? Could be signs of an overdose,” He muttered to himself, eyes narrowing while taking note of the various bodily changes. Honestly he was more interested in how long these changes would last moreso than the changes themselves. ”looks like we have more problems guys...erm girls.  Would help in this instance but i’m afraid I would just end up killing them when I try to retrain him.” At once he charged with massive hands meant to grasp his skull, though it find unmovable resistance. Claws attempting to vainly dig through an invisible wall, one that pulsed outwards with the sound of cracking digits.  ”i’ll get as many civilians out as I can. You two, please deal with this if you could.” Taking a step back he allowed Nu and the angel to do what they willed.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon May 17th 2019, 3:22 am

Nu was visibly upset and even let out a small snort as Travis seemingly ignored her. The once trapped woman approached Nu with a curious question. One that made the young artificial woman arch a bow. She’d try to write up a response to the odd question, but her attention would quickly become divided. The three teens all seemed to recover and started to flee. This obviously drew the attention of Nu, Travis, and the strange woman. They seemed sane enough to realize this was a fight they couldn’t win and chose to cut their losses and flee. Nu wished to stop them as they retreated deeper into the gas but something else commanded her attention. The four armed teen, the one that seemed the most mutated. In his attempt to flee with his friends, he collapsed to the floor.

The young mute cringed and shivered at the sickening noises the boys morphing body made. Nu seemed to be the only one weirded out by this, as Alpha stared on with an almost morbid curiosity and the woman didn’t seem very phased by the event. Driven by some sort of primal rage gifted to him by this sudden mutation, the teen leapt to his feet and rushed at the trio. Alpha quickly reacted by holding the teen at bay. He didn’t seem intent on staying however. There wasn’t much time for Nu to protest this, as they obviously had a bigger problem to deal with.

Alpha quietly stepped away and left the teen there to be dealt with by Nu and the mysterious woman. Nu would quickly through out her hand, and with it, a sizable pink wall of psionic energy would expand in front of her and the woman. She wasn’t sure exactly when Alpha’s hold would break on the teen, and wanted to be prepared. At the same time, she would use her free hand to reach out and telekineticly grip the piece of rubble she had brought with her and chucked it at the mutants chest, hoping to knock it back.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 17th 2019, 5:14 am

Rylie had some understanding that standing and examining this being was not going to get her anywhere, but so far she'd met so many normal things, countless humans... Whatever this young woman was, was like a mystery that couldn't be solved. She had a name. Sort of. Overseer, something else, something less important. Some part of her decided that Overseer was something more important.

And if she couldn't find out why, her attention returned back to all that surrounded her, the mist, the man and the teen, who seemed to be further mutating, growing aggressive with his size. In fact, he looked quite big enough to easily squash the three of them. That wasn't good. It also wasn't what she wanted to waste her time on, but it seems the man decided the two of them could handle it, and the overseer thing was now holding it off with a psionic barrier of some kind.

"Fine. Can we do this quickly. I want to be a hero sooner then later!" Rylie exclaimed as she stepped away from Nu and towards the four armed mutant, who was midst attempting to break though the barrier, only to then get a large rock in the chest for it's trouble. But the rubble didn't seem to faze it too much, merely pushing the newly awakened meta back a few steps before he returned with a greater push, his four fists slamming into the pink barrier and cracking it open like an egg.

Only for Rylie to jump into and shoulder charge the meta in the chest as soon as he broke though, pushing him back several steps, only as she landed back on the ground, an orb of ice swirling to life to her hands, the large beast recovered and ran forward, two of his large arms swinging across and slamming into her, sending the angel rolling backwards, deep into the mist.

With her gone, it's focus turned to Nu, and as he moved to step towards her, the meta would find itself unable too, it's feet frozen to the ground, the orb Rylie had dropped when she was thrown having dropped and spread across his feet, locking him in place as he struggled to rip his feet from the ice, his figure continuing to ripple and grow as he did.

Meanwhile, Rylie, who had finished rolling, shook away the dizziness of her head. "Ooh.. Head spinny. Kinda poofy... Hmm?" Noticing a strangeness, Rylie crawled towards a manhole cover, piqued by the... Freshness of it, no, not the manhole, but the gas above it. Gripping onto the cover, she heaved and pulled with all her might, but found it to be too heavy for her, and the gas smelled strong. "Heeeeavy... Haa. Wait. Where did I roll from?"

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha May 24th 2019, 4:37 pm

Travis let go of the mutating teen once he proved the point that he wasn’t a threat to him. There was something he was going to do, but that involved allowing Nu to play hero without him being able to get in the way. This meant stepping into the dense gas that continued to spread around them as he allowed the bubble to steadily close back in while he protected himself from it. Mostly the awful scent of it, picking out what looked to be a manhole where a large spout of it was gushing from. The gas had separate points to be pushed into the city after all. If his calculations were correct more of the city would be blanketed by the stuff if the plan was followed.

Descending through the manhole he landed on moist seeming concrete, moving through the mire underneath the streets. Shapes moved as well, human shapes with guns running about as fast as they could while other stood around what he assumed were small machines. So he sent out the mental command to them, and within a few moments more streets were overcome with the gas. Rising in great plumes as more people found themselves taken in by the mutagenic gas.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon May 24th 2019, 8:04 pm

Nu was less than enthusiastic to fight this beastly teen. It was a huge plight of hers. Not being able to talk things out with people. Everything she did had to be done without any communication of any kind, especially in the heat of the moment like this. Though, after seeing her barrier get broken, Nu realized they were past the point of negotiation. More so now that the mutated teen had laid into the strange woman and sent her back into the gas with a brutal swing of his arms. Nu’s eyes narrowed in annoyance and anger. Why did everything have to be reduced to violence? She thought.

The young mute raised her hands up ready to brawl with the monstrous teen, only to lower her guard when he stopped suddenly in his tracks. Nu’s neon green eyes would quickly dart down to the ground. A patch of ice had crept up and seized the teens leg. It had to have been from the strange woman. She managed to set a trap just before she got knocked away. There would be no time for Nu to relax however. As the teen struggled to free himself, his body began to writhe and mutate further.

They would be here forever if Nu tried to fight this thing with her fists. She was still unaware of the physical power she actually possessed. There was one solution she instantly came to, as her eyes tracked up to meet the teens. A surefire way to knock him out without hurting him. A bright pink glow would envelope the young woman as she raised her right hand up in the mutated teen’s direction. A ring of pink energy would quickly form around the teens neck. Nu would tighten her hand and the ring would imitate the movement, tightening around the next of the monster.

His massive body struggled to fight free of the vice. Two of his four arms quickly shot up. His clawed fingers tried to dig in under the deadly collar, but it was to late. Nu had already tightened the ring to much, and now the teen was not only fighting to free itself, it was fighting just to breath. And within a matter of seconds, the teen would lose both battles. His body would go limp, all four arms dangling at his sides. Nu would release her grip and allow the teens body to slump to the ground. Hopefully by the time he came to, this nightmare would be over.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top