The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_vote_lcapBlackout: In and through the barrier I_voting_barBlackout: In and through the barrier I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Blackout: In and through the barrier I_vote_lcapBlackout: In and through the barrier I_voting_barBlackout: In and through the barrier I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Blackout: In and through the barrier

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blackout: In and through the barrier Empty Blackout: In and through the barrier

Post by 16 October 20th 2014, 3:51 pm

[This portion depends soley on the dynamics of your character,  where each character can post their own arrival inside the fray. Can range from anything to having a local strong witch to send you there - To finding someone with a teleportation machine. Use your imagination as long as it makes sense.
Ex:  16 being an innternational assassin having connections,  was able to get a customer he usually kills for to send them in a portal and into Las Vegas.]

Barrier:
In order for the barrier of this greatness to be created and sustained, a massive amount of human souls must be gathered, necromancers finding many resting souls in cemintaries. Using the Vampires and werewolves, they killed and brough bodies to the necromancers - this fueling massive power from the other side; They used this to create the barrier. Theses souls had been created thoughout the world, not just Las Vegas, the mass murder would be way too noticable and possibly explioted. The barrier has three functions displayed, first to prevent any humans from entering or exiting. Second, create an illusion so powerful that it effect's the supernatural from the inside; Illusion of the night 24/7, causing creatures of the night to stay out whenever possible. The Illusion doesn't block the sun from helping crops and the eco-system meaning they still susain it's youth. Third is an outer layer protection of fire, that sustains around the dome; Meaning people can't just walk in, even if they are supernatural. A way of disabling the barrier will be revealed ... if they make it that far.

At this rate Las Vegas is experiencing the first stage of the blackout, only way people can see each other beyond the false moonlight is either lamps, limited backup generators, or people using torches like the old days. All stores and shops have closed down, the humans being the weakest have gone into hiding, or at least the ones that survive. The Vampires are the current faction that has made it a life mission to actually replicate the species. Walking down actual streets, is werewolves and vampire street. Meaning your best option is to try to stay out of sight or smell. Their are underground tunnels that are starting to be made. Many buildings are boarded up, trying to keep the infected out. Laws have been neglected due to the cities weak attempt against the supernatural.
Find your way in ...

Last edited by 16 on October 21st 2014, 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You must realize. that fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Don't let me be misunderstood, danger is very real, but fear itself is a choice"

Character Profile: Anarchy, 16
For more information or a chance to RP: Anarchy's File
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Blackout: In and through the barrier Empty Re: Blackout: In and through the barrier

Post by creator October 20th 2014, 5:06 pm

"Just our fucking luck." Helia called into the air as she looked around the streets. Teh lights blared all over as the darkness in teh sky held the city in a pitch black darkness. Helia and Yumo were absentmindedly caught in the trap of some random guy whom they didn't know. To make matters worse their friend Eeli had been captured shortly after the blackout.

"Best road trip ever." Yumo said as he remebered the intitial reason they came here. The card that gave them free rooms at a 5 star hotel with a pool and ride that rolls down the side of it, laid in his pocket. They only came here to have a good time and enjoy Las Vegas in a normal settings, but it seemed as though their luck for trouble followed them all the way to this area. The people were still in shock about what happened, but hte shock was slowly going towards chaos as the thought for survival filled their minds.

Helia and Yumo managed to protect a few people from random assailents and the people in turn stuck with them. Some were meta humans and others were ordinary, but all were scared and it seemed that Helia and yumo so far were the only ones that were here to help.

"You have any idea where Eeli is?" Yumo said as he looked around. Helia pointed to a church nearby. "For some reason vampires seem to love finding refuge in the one place that outcasts them the most." Helia said as she continued to walk past screaming people with her entourge on her heels. Yumo rolled his eyes and threw his hands up. "There are like 27 churches in here!!" He yelled into the air.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Helia-(Hero)
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6880-super-hero-1

Yumo-(renegade)
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6905-blood-weaver

Eeli-(Hero)
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t7307-creator

Karah (Renegade)
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t8099-karah-helstine
creator
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Blackout: In and through the barrier Empty Re: Blackout: In and through the barrier

Post by Zodiac October 20th 2014, 8:58 pm

Well this was a lovely family reunion to say the least. The family decides to meet in Vegas. VEGAS. The one place on earth where Regal is utterly and entirely out of his element. Regal is the kid who dresses up in a tux to go to school, he's ALWAYS out of his element! Now you gotta mix in the fact he's in Las Vegas with his mother, who apparently went off to take care of some business. "Wow mom...just WWWOOOOOOOOWW!!!!!" Regal moaned and groaned as he fell back on the hotel room bed and covered his face with a pillow and bellowed into it and moaned and groaned about his situation. The one place in a world a 14 year old kid had no business being was here. But here he was. Just a couple days was all the more he had to be here, then he would be going home with his mom and they could enjoy the rest of this "vacation" in the comfort of their apartment. Perhaps Regal would pick up a lead and follow it through, get into trouble and mommy would bail him out. Wasn't that how it always worked?

Fate had other plans though. While Regal was in Vegas, his mother wouldn't return to him. He was separated, and sooner rather than later he would be found by creatures and monsters that you couldn't even imagine. Well you could if you saw them, but then it's not imagining anymore. It's seeing. Seeing isn't believing, Seeing is cheating. Anyway, Regal found himself on the run, keeping himself out of trouble as best as he could. He actually managed to use his powers to protect himself and get along moderately well for a 14 year old, and 100% less dead than other 14 year olds in the area. He continued to make his way, dodging and evading trouble at every turn, keeping alive and searching for his mother. Regal always wanted a life of excitement. So here it is.

A life in the Fray....

Blackout: In and through the barrier Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Number of posts : 643
Job : Your salvation through destruction.
Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Red October 22nd 2014, 5:51 am

Lucius sat at a coffee shop in downtown new york, he had taken a liking to the place because before it was rebuilt that was the shop him and his parents went too. It was different now, more modern. Lucius liked it this way, but still would have wanted a restore to how it was before the attack. "i guess things change" he thought to himself chuckling. The TV had the news on it, he sat back and watched while drinking coffee and eating a sandwich, it was a little to normal for his taste. What showed up on the news threw that normality out the window, some sort of barrier was erected around the entire city of Las Vegas. Reports say that they knew nothing of what was going on and that all communications were down.  All Lucius knew was there would be chaos, and in his line of work that was good. Chaos could be used to form order, a revolution of sorts, and he was the one to lead it. He put his coffee and food down and walked out of the shop, then got on his motorcycle and headed back to the lab.

He arrived in record time, he got off and walked inside to find the rest of his team watching the same news story. "You hear whats going down in LV? its gunna be another new york." Henry said to lucius as he walked by them, headed toward his gear.
"Suit up, we're going to Vegas" lucius told them all, much to there horror. "WHAT?! we almost died in a fucking bank job, this could be something beyond us" Isabel yelled in shock. "Why did you come with me then? this could be a way for us to gain a foothold in the city, and possibly use that as a leaping point to take over the city. I have a plan, im gathering my most trusted allies to come with us" lucius said to the girl. "I guess your right, but this plan of yours better not be as stupid as the last" Isabel said to him gathering her own items. "Hector, send 16 and alpha a distress signal telling them to contact me." lucius said at his computer "As you wish sir" the AI responded from the speakers. Lucius then walked out signaling his now geared team to follow, he then got on his motorcycle. "There are some stolen motorcycles in the alleyway behind the building, get on them we are going to the airport" Lucius told them as he turned his on. They listened and all went to get them, then they all sped off to the air port.

They only allowed flights to Henderson because of the disaster in Vegas, but that was not that far from the city. They arrived in just under 7 hours and by then it was dark. They all got there bikes from the cargo hold and as soon as they could they rode off to Vegas.
They arrived about a half mile outside the city, it was being patrolled by the military of course. "Please tell me you've been to Vegas Daniel."   lucius said to the porter. "I told you already i have, i can only take a few at a time, John and Lucius, give me your hands" Daniel said to them outstretching his hands toward them. John and lucius grabbed his hand and the three disappeared, then reappeared inside the city on top of a 3 story building. Daniel kept doing this until the whole team was there. "now that we are all here, lets have a look around, see whats going on here." lucius told them as he walked to the edge of the building and began to grapple down. Isabel then made a platform out of her shields that she lowered the rest of the group but her and Daniel on, then Daniel ported the two to the bottom. The group then started investigating the streets.

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyAssassin October 22nd 2014, 12:21 pm

Do not go gentle into that good night, old age should burn and rave at close of day; rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

The woman screamed. She had been a lady of the night before the dome of darkness had enveloped the city, plunging it into a void lit only by the fading glow of effervescing neon lights. Luckily the dome did not cut off all power, so the remaining power ebbed in by underground lines, the above ground ones already fallen and wrecked.
Before the woman stood a tall pale gentleman, dressed in clothes that might have put him amongst the high rollers, or maybe one of the managers. The white suit was streaked by blood, staining the white undershirt and blue tie a deep crimson. From his mouth jutted two fangs, made for rending and piercing, which dripped the crimson blood onto his white shirt, each drip spreading like bacterial growth across the shirt.
"you're next bitch " he growled, swaying slightly in the slight wind, causing the blobs of blood to create an arc on his shirt
"p-p-please don't kill me" cried the woman "i have a family; i have money. I'll pay you whatever you want. Please don't kill me."
"all i want is your blood, dripping down my throat and into-"
The vampire stopped. Someone was whistling. Ennio Moricone - the theme from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. The vampire looked around. A figure stood beneath the flickering light of a lamppost, a figure dressed in grey rags, whistling, one hand in his pocket, the other dangling by his leg, holding an immense scythe, tilted a few inches about the ground. In the world of ruins that had once been the mighty sin city, this figure, with his smiling, almost laughing demeanor was unsettling to say the least
The woman scrambled to her feet, and ran into the rubble of sin city. The vampire had scared her, but the calm, smiling manner of the newcomer heralded worse fates than that of the vampire.
The Grey Assassin came to the end of his tune, and raised his head slightly. "you have one chance to walk away" said Grey "if i were you i'd take it"
The vampire faced him, and snarled.
Grey shrugged as if he was disappointed
"whats that old phrase?" he replied, and with a grin, said "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough." and the vampire lept at him.
The battle was fast and bloody. Grey took no chances fighting the vampire, but neither did he miss opportunities. He attacked with skill, timing and patience, but with a sheer bloody mindedness that the vampire couldn't match. The vampire was fighting for survival, like an animal, but The Grey Assassin was fighting for the sheer joy of it.
Grey stepped back, and teleported. The vampire turned, wary, stepping lightly and quickly. Grey lunged from the opposite wall, and the vampire had to roll to avoid the scythe blade, but it nicked his shoulder. Grey stood there, and licked the blood off the blade with a long thing black tongue.
The vampire tackled Grey, and Grey's elbow smacked into the creature's, and the vampire stood, with Grey right behind him, whirling the scythe, he lunged at grey again, hoping to swipe with his claws or his teeth, and avoid the swing of the scythe, but in avoiding the blade meant he was in range of Grey's second favorite weapon. His hands. He pummeled the vampire into the ground with an audible crack, and as the vampire skidded along the floor, leaving a bloody trail, he readied his scythe for another attack.
The scythe swung for the vampires neck, but he already launched into a dive. The claws racked across the rags of Grey's clothing. The vampire was becoming cocky. It swung at him, each swing overreaching more and more.
The vampire was still grinning when Grey twisted, and the scythe's blade whispered across the vampire's throat.
For a moment it stood there, frowning. Then a thin crimson line opened up above it's collar. The vampire coughed, and the wound opened further, and he stepped back, hands trying to close the cut, keeping the blood in. He dropped to his knees, his shirt turning red. Blood splashed to the floor, soaking into his trousers. He toppled over and lay there, gasping for breath that wouldn't come, choking on blood he couldn't spit.
Then he died. Grey walked over to the body, smiling, and with one hand he brushed aside the vampire's torn suit, and with the other he plunged it into the man's chest, using his sharp nails to pierce the man's ribs and skin, and, gripping hard, pulled out the man's heart, still dripping blood, and ate it, blood dripping down his chest, which instantly disappeared into his robes.
"now that is something i have not tasted in a long time" he said, wiping his dark lips with the back of his hand. He walked over to where the man's head had fallen, and pulled out the man's thick vampire incisors, and pocketed them. Grey whipped his blade clean on his tattered robes, then resheathed it on his back, and sauntered off in the direction of the Luxor Casino, an immense black pyramid which shot a great light into the sky. He knew of a secret beneath its floors. This had been his life for most of it's early days, and now he was back, running around a ruined city without a care in the world. in war there are no villains, only heroes. he had missed it. the stench of blood and smoke on the air. As soon as the dome went up, he immediately teleported in, spying the news reel on a flickering TV in a coffee shop in western Canada where he was sipping a coffee unbothered by the patrons. but this, the smell, the feel. he was home again, in the chaos.
TheGreyAssassin
TheGreyAssassin

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 16 October 23rd 2014, 12:00 pm

First Blackout event:
Homecoming

"You must realize. that fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Don't let me be misunderstood, danger is very real, but fear itself is a choice"

Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha October 23rd 2014, 9:43 pm

Travis let his eyes flicker over the screen detailing the events, a large dome of unknown origin having formed over the city of Las Vegas. His eyes trained upon it, taking in every details of the information available to him, so that he could better take advantage of what he was looking upon. Gingerly he chewed on his lower lip, considering every single detail about how he could hope to go in, to investigate and to perhaps gather information about what had caused such an interesting distortion within the supposed natural world. If anyone was too look into something like that, it would be him of all people and no one else. Hands crossed under his chin while Omega hovered about behind him, his adviser and one of his most useful assets within his whole family. One could say that he was invaluable to Travis, but then again one could also say there was more to it than that.

Swiveling upon his seat, he would look to the male with a raised brow, a single smirk upon his lips as the other looked at him almost direly. One could see their relation, dirty blond hair and blue eyes that were almost grey within color. Both dressed in all white clothing, with a single splotch of red within their hoods, choice of Travis. They would let their eyes lock for a moment, as if not doing anything would speak more between them than any words could, but what bond was between them did not seem like one The Alpha normally cared to foster. ”This is reckless Travis, even for you.” he spoke using his name, the one that he had taken upon himself to better allow him to blend in. Normally Travis would have lashed out, but the smirk still remained upon his features.

”I never go into something without a plan Chris, this is no different.” He sounded so sure of himself, that even Omega for a moment believed him, but he knew that was just the charisma that he held. A control over this family that did not require some great power, something that he had ingrained within them by simpler means. It was either that, or perhaps Omega knew him better than anyone else did, all good theories but no one knew what was correct. He paused for a moment, chewing on his lower lip as he considered an answer for him, and yet nothing came up, he could think of nothing.

”Think of the next generation, they will need their Alpha. I may help them, but so do you.”

”I'm not dying Omega, we will step in, get what we want and then leave. Nothing more and nothing less.” He was so sure of himself, and not wanting to argue Omega could only nod and agree with him. Afterall, he had been raised to know that the Alpha always go what he wanted. Even if he remembered him before he was truly Alpha, when he was just the subject before him. The agreement seemed more than enough for Alpha, he had what he wanted and with that he could get things moving. Moving into the next phase, which was finding a way into the damned city which had apparently been nearly impossible for one to go into. This required that he rake that magnificent brain of his for an answer, and nothing sprung out at him, at least not within seconds. His mind ran over countless scenarios, and none of them seemed rather possible without  a large amount of risk.

Well a risk that was larger than he was willing to deal with, and so he would need to think outside of the box, well the box that he normally thought within. Travis tapped rhythmically against the table,, index finger pounding and pounding against it while he attempted to think of a solution, forcing EVE to move through all known files of those that he had within his family. Powers that would aid them, but finally something had come up, a small detail that he was not expecting to find so easily. One of their ranks had a rather potent teleportation power, they could move them into the domain of the city with ease, so long as they had some image to work on. It did not have to be current, but it had to be something, and that something was enough for him. A small sigh of pleasure would slip through his lips as he pulled from his sitting position and looked to Omega who still stood there. Forever a sort of faithful dog or something like that. ”Omega bring them to me, and prep for transport. You, Beta ,Gamma and I will be taking a trip into this city.” He said with an authority within his voice that had been lacking only a few moments ago. He was confident that he could do anything, and so he would do it.

So it only took a few moments for him to prepare everything, and it was then that he received a certain distress signal from an Ai his own recognized. On the fringe of teleportation, with the long haired and young looking male known as Beta beside him, as well as Omega and the female among the Gamma, they were more than ready. Within an instant they were gone, and the next they were within the city, Travis slipping on his mask, along with the others as he would motion with one hand, and lift a rather heavy looking plain, sleek looking box. What was within it however he would not reveal until the time was right. Still, it did not weigh him down by any means, and that was enough for him. ”Lucius, this is Alpha. I am within the city, repeat I am in Las Vegas. Transmitting my location to you now.” He stated as EVE sent the message and the information that was required, before they could get to work.

It was time they found something of use.

Blackout: In and through the barrier CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga October 24th 2014, 10:43 pm

The barrier enveloped the city like a spectral dome, and crushing despair fell upon its inhabitants as much as darkness and danger. The dark streets of Las Vegas were neither empty nor silent, as the blood curdling howls of prowling lycanthropes rang through the outer edge of the city. The cries of anguish of the first victims provided the opening verse to a city-wide requiem.

Amidst the chorus of death, there were a few sounds that did upset the melody. Some humans added resistance, struggle, survival, defiance, and hope... human qualities that the werewolves did not appreciate. But, their curiosity would be led towards an unusual spot where the shadows seemed deeper. The edge of the barrier reacted it seemed, and from the folding shadows did emerge a form. Female and young, a lone traveller emerging from the shadowstuff.

Perched on the rooftops the wolves dug their claws into the parapets, eager to see this anomaly in the city. Hungrily they growled and bayed, until one began to approach, sniffing the air about the girl as she slowly reoriented herself. She smelled of the near plane of shadow, a shadow walker caught by the barrier as it formed. She held a Japanese blade, the unmistakable katana, made of jet black steel. The blade was the Blood Sword, as was its wielder.

The runt werewolves growled, barked and bore their fangs to intimidate the figure, but she did not cower. She seemed only calm and icy, looking at them with contempt. Then they launch their attack, eager to begin ripping and tearing into this fragile girl, knowing not their doom...

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by superguy1 October 25th 2014, 11:26 am

Ares stood outside of the barrier that surrounded the Las Vegas. He knew that something was happening..something of great evil and he needed to know what. The barrier was strong, seemingly made of three layers, all of which were ideal for keeping people out of Las Vegas. Ares wouldn't be turned away and he knew what he needed to do.

He reached out to a contact he had from his government days...one of the few people in the world he still trusted who he knew had access to a technology that could possibly help him get inside the barrier. Ares waited outside of the barrier, sharpening his daggers against each other as he waited for his contact to arrive. A large black SUV pulled along side him and out stepped a tall, wiry, man wearing a suit and sunglasses. "You're late.." Ares growls at him, from under his metal mask. "Traffic..." the man answers. "Do you have it?" Ares asks, twirling his daggers back into their hilts. The man opens the back door of the SUV, and pulls out a steel box. "Right here." He says. Ares snatches the box out of his hand and opens it. Inside is something resembling a pocket watch, but instead of a clock, in the center is a talisman that is covered in ancient words of magic. Ares lifts it out of the box delicately, and lifts it to his face as he examines it. "Are you sure it will work?" He asks, while still staring intently at it. "Yes." The man replies "It's been studied by some of the top scientists in the world yet none of them have been able to understand how it works." Ares rubs it between his fingers, then looks back up at the man who had been staring at it the whole time. "How does it work?" Ares asks. The man clears his throat before responding. "You just clench it in your fist, then you focus on wear you want to be and..." He snaps his fingers for effect. Ares glances down at the thing in his hand, then glares at the man. "If this doesn't work.." he begins "I will kill you." The man laughs. "I have no intention of getting on your bad side..believe me it will work.

Ares closes his eyes and clenches the artifact in his fist as he begins to focus on the barrier. He begins to picture himself inside of the barrier looking out. His arm begins to tingle, followed by a sudden shock. "You know...I'm risking my life here by helping you." the man says. Ares isn't able to respond as he is pulled into the barrier, and inside of the chaos.

He opens his eyes...and smiles. "I'm in."

Spade:

Pasteur:

Vicious:

Carl Gator:
superguy1
superguy1
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 274
Job : Student
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago-Morph October 25th 2014, 9:01 pm

"Goddammit Martin! Why are we in Vegas?" Pedro shouted floating around worriedly, going up and down in panicked circles as he hollered. He and his human compatriot stood directly in front of the ominous black barrier that encased the city.

"Huff... huff... yeah... gimme a sec..."

"I mean, I get it, I do, Trouble's here! And you know, we always gotta go to trouble, even if it looks like it's a cancer on reality, because hey, when it comes to common sense, who needs it?"

"If you'd just... give me a second.. to catch my breath... I just ran... from Boston to Vegas..."

"Who needs it?! Not us!"

Martin finally stopped wheezing long enough to finish a sentence. "Pedro! Calm down! All we're here for is to-"

And as he spoke, a lanky spectral hand reached through the barrier and snatched Pedro from the air, pulling him inside the city.

Martin stood stunned for a moment, his Kinetic Sense not having warned him of what appeared to be an ethereal attack in time to save his robotic friend.

"-let me breathe for a minute so I can finish running to California. We're... we were taking a surprise vacation."

A pause.

"Goddammit."

Martin frantically looked around for any means to break inside, looping the city a few times to see if he could find a way in, or a weak point in the barrier. The entire structure acted as a jamming mechanism for his Kinetic Sense; the magical force field itself was akin to a giant hole in his perception of reality, and everything on the inside was fuzzy at best. As he frenetically worke don a plan to save his tiny metal sidekick, a voice clicked on over his goggles.

"Martin! Help! They're dragging me away! They're going to sacrifice my soul to Satan!"

"Pedro?! Where are you?"

"It's so black in here! Black, and cold, as though I were in the world forgotten by time!"

"Pedro! You need to help me out here!"

"They want my flesh, Martin! I am the beauty that killed the beast!"

"Get a hold of yourself man!"

The line went silent for a moment.

Pedro, having collected himself, said calmly, "Martin I'm scared please help."

"OK! I can do that. But you know more about this magical crap than I do, you gotta help me get inside."

"Alright, you're right. Hold on, your phaser! I have an idea, you gotta do what I say."

Over the span of a few minutes, Martin gathered raw materials from around the city and followed Pedro's instructions. Through Pedro's guidance he modified his phaser, which allowed him to tune his speed to phase through solid matter, to allow him to pass through the barrier of magical energy.

"Alright, listen Martin: this is probably gonna burn out your thing, I don't trust my design skills right now. Once you're in, we're gonna need to find another way out."

"OK. OK, I got this."

Martin, with strength of spirit and endless courage, placed his hand to the barrier. It was cool to the touch.

"Actually, Martin-"

The goggled man phased through to the other side. He could hear his device short circuiting as it passed him through.

"-wait!" Pedro appeared next to him in a flash of light. The small metal ball spun around and realized they were both on the inside of the barrier. The pair met gazes.

"The Pedro-Porter," they said simultaneously.

Then they sat and sulked. They were stuck inside.

For literally no reason at all.

Martin, AKA Doctor Mercury.

Blackout: In and through the barrier Martin%20Walsh%20Ungrid%203
Drago-Morph
Drago-Morph

Quote : "My life is a rapid succession of incredulities and shenanigannery." - Martin Walsh

Number of posts : 34
Job : Santa Claus
Humor : Sanguine
Registration date : 2013-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 16 October 26th 2014, 1:18 pm

Sixteen had not heard about the incident regarding Las Vegas as fast as everyone else did. Truth to be told, he was on his way home when it happened and went straight to sleep after checking his cameras in his apartment. He didn't turn on a TV, because he didn't feel the need to have one beyond video game purposes. His eyes awaken to meet the next day with the same kind of attitude, his phone was off this round as he began to charge it. Scratching his head almost lightly as his body moved roughly allowing his arms to push himself up off his bed. Standing up, almost falling back to the bed - He began his usual stretch for the day. He was pretty much air training, arobats, and breathing at the same time until he felt ready. He turned his phone on while it was still on charger, he could have sworn he caught a couple of calls before he went to sleep but he second guessed it and went his black assassin ass back to sleep. Soon after his body and muscles went back to feeling normal, as he turned the shower on he heard vibrations. Like lots of vibrations, that stopped his tall ass from jumping his naked ass from getting in the shower completely.

Making his way to his room, he picked up his phone to see what the racket was all about. His manager, and a couple other close contacts had been blowing up his phone with reports of a 'Dome over Vegas'. Not knowing who to call first, he decided to get dressed first. During his lovely time in the shower he thought about how important it is for his phone to have so many notifications. After getting ready for the day, he turned the TV on and 'Public Service Announcement' was one of the first thing that popped up. He read whatever his TV and the media was willing to give him, facial expression was blank. No Remorse, or sorrow, he knew what everyone was calling him for now. The masterminds, had ideas and dirty schemes to likely use him to find his way inside and likely steal things or kill people. After returning all his phone calls, boy did he get his ear chewed out by his manager. Even assassins have managers. His manager had plenty of resources to get him inside, so with that explained. In a flash he was fully equipped and dashed out to meet his way in.

He found a teleporter, clearly he was likely to be paid by SIxteen's manager but he didn't seem so against the cause, Sixteen currently didn't have any missions but once he got inside he knew he'd have his hands full. After checking all his equipotent and gear before being teleported he had to mentally ready himself, the teleporter implores he may not make it out alive but Sixteen had admitted it was likely one of the most dangerous things he had never done yet. Won't stop him. Once ready he was teleported inside. Once inside, his communicator went off - It seems an old associate was trying to contact him: He looked around slightly in amusement of the fray. Speaking out "I'm ins-"

BOOM!

His danger senses didn't tingle, sting, or buzzed - It exploded. He dodged literal almost five attacks from an unknown fighter, he could barely get eyes on the opponent due to the sheer speed and strength he was throwing at him. Sixteen didn't know who or what was attacking him, all he knew was that he slipped up one time, the slip was him getting a clear strike. Afterwards, looking into his eyes he remembered nothing. He then was completely compelled. His mind has been completely taken over, no one saw the uneventful tragic take over. He wasn't able to fight his compulsion, all he could really do was completely summit. The assassin had been taken down, for now.

Mind controlled ... while in the fray ...

Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 27th 2014, 6:48 am

Las Vegas, Nevada. The City of Sin, though Zell perhaps always thought of New Jersey as a better applicant for that title. There was a city in which events were transpiring on a rather dark nature. Yes the pun was intended, deal with it. While normally something as trivial as a single city falling to a black-out with monstrosities raging through the streets was not something that The Archon would bother with, it was most certainly something that interested him. Especially given his new "skin condition" of a curse he inherited. Without the sun to cause hours of exposure, his skin would remain at total integrity. Perhaps this was something to look into, perhaps not. All he knew was that he himself would be attending the events beyond the barrier. He was already to meet up with Sean just outside the "barrier", and here he was in the car, driving on his way. Knowing Sean he was likely shocked to get the call about this event. Honestly Zell was just glad to be able to have a little company when entering in, that and being able to see if Sean were visible well and all in one piece.

"I always loved taking trips. Though YOU always insisted that I drive. You didn't like the feeling f my life being in your hands. You always trusted me with your life though." A voice came from the back seat. Zell's eyes flashed to the rear view mirror. In the back seat, the beautiful Woman in White was sitting with a beautiful smirk as she leaned forward, between the driver and passenger seat. "Funny how that played out. My life was in your hands...and you ended it...and now that I have you're life in my hands." She said as a strange seafoam liquid seemed to flow from her hands, solidifying and dimming into Imperium. "You keep struggling to get free." She said as the back of her hand found Zell's cheek, stroking it. He looked rather "worse for wear" as the expression goes. While he had no real facial hair, he was certainly patchy and wire-like hairs protruded under his neck and on his cheeks. "Oh please, don't worry. I didn't have you call Sean into this for revenge. That's hardly anything to become a ghost over. We're here for an entirely different reason." She purred as she chuckled to herself, leaning back with Imperium in hand. Zell's eyes closed as he shook his head and sighed, before returning his focus to the road and appeared before the blazing dome.

Zell's car squealed as he slammed on the breaks and pulled the E-brake turning the wheel and causing the car to skid to a side-ways park. Zell smirked as he noticed the ghost woman in the back looking with concern. Zell let out a chuckle, remembering all to clearly how she hated when he used to show off and park like that. The scowl on her face was all the better as well. Worth every command she could ever command of him. She just sighed with a shake of her head and vanished. Reappearing right in front of Sean, completely imperceptible to all others save for Zell. Zell stepped out of the car and cleared his throat. "Sean." He said softly with a smile though the look on his face made it quite clear he was glad to see Sean, this wasn't the time for a reunion. Zell slammed his car door before walking around to the trunk and opening it. An assortment of weapons were scattered about. He was relatively happy he didn't get pulled over by an officer, otherwise he might have been suspect of something like terrorism. Zell looked over the files he had acquired and obtained, handing them one by one to Sean after he had read them. Zell knew Sean a little too well, he knew that Sean would likely just pretend to read before having Zell explain later.

"Alright. Werewolves, Vampires, demons, oh my. Alright get your ass back here." Zell said as he lifted a section of weaponry, revealing a surplus of ammunition. Zell quickly withdrew a 9mm and loaded it with a small black clip, chrome looking bullets within. With the click, the gun was loaded and he handed it to Sean. "Panic mode only. That gun's got silver in it. Introduce silver to the blood-stream of a Were or shifter creature and 9/10 times it'll drop." Zell said before loading one himself and tucking it beneath his coat, under his jeans and belt. Then he flourished two easily concealed knives. "Once again, pure silver. Your Xenogens will kill them just fine, but if all hell breaks loose, keep these on hand. Remember, you're hunting a monster. Keep it simple. Energy expended for reward gained." Zell instructed. It might have seemed like Zell was being bossy, or treating Sean like he were a little kid, but the truth was that anyone who knew Zell well enough would know that it was sort of his own sick way of making up for lost time. He was looking out for Sean, and going out of his way. "One more thing... Don't die." Zell said then smiling as he slammed the trunk closed, having armed himself with a silver knife, an iron letter-opener and silver bullets. He walked around the car and stood before the barrier. "I already got one dead bitch harpin' at me. I don't need two." He joked before he got down onto one knee and reached into his back pocket and began to draw a large, elaborate circle.

"This is called an Archon's Wayshrine. Essentially it lets me send anyone standing on one to another location within that reality. Unfortunately, when an Archon uses it...it's a one way trip. So once we're over there, I can't just use this to get us back out. I need to be far away from here before doing it again. Basically, we're getting out just like everyone else over there. Dead... or victorious. Knowing us. The latter." He huffed as he finished the Archon's Wayshrine. Zell stood up and cracked his neck. "No promises we'll end up at the same point. Just keep calm, Keep yourself under control and when things look bad... think about Raziel." He chuckled before the circle beneath their feet began to glow and they were transported across the barrier, though as believed they ended up nowhere even close to each other.

Blackout: In and through the barrier Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 28th 2014, 1:21 am

Sean's eyes narrowed as they sized up the massive black barrier rising over the city of Las Vegas, chewing softly on his lower lip while considering it. He had never expected something so large to happen, but in the end it did happen, and now he stood before perhaps the first great revealing of the supernatural. ”Looks like some manner of dark magic, maybe soul magic or blood.” one thing that he knew was that he was going to hate this, the whole darkness that likely waited behind the barrier, where nothing could escape. Pressing his hands into the rather plush hoodies pockets, Sean turned upon hearing the sound of someone stopping in their vehicle not too far behind him. Sean blinked before turning upon his heels and taking notice of the vehicle, and the one that stepped out of it. Zell to be exact, but then again he had been the one to contact him so that should have not been too much of a surprise.

He couldn't help but smile softly, raising a single brow while considering the male. It had felt like a small eternity since he had actually last seen him, but that might have been a hyperbole, as it had indeed not been that long since then. Still, that didn't make this any less wonderful, them managing to meet once again. Hearing his own name spoken was enough, it was Zell, that much he could tell and with a nod before closing the distance, following after the male as he walked around to the back of the car and wrenching open the trunk. Peering into it, he was taken aback by the large assortment of the weapons residing within the trunk. So it seemed that someone had come prepared, him not being the only one.

What he found himself with was a .9 millimeter pistol, nothing much but the ammunition was something he could respect. Not that Sean wasn't prepared himself, with a few concealed guns of his own, and even silver blades. Explanations that he was more than aware of, but then again he wouldn't snap at him, after all it seemed more out of concern than anything else. ”Alright, when things get messy pop a cap in their asses. I gotcha.” he said with a nod, checking the gun personally before holstering it, or as close to holstering as one could do without a holster. Not dying was the easy part, as he was by no means an easy thing to kill, and the vampires would find that out soon enough. Well vampires, demons, werewolves and other things. ”Me die? Don't need to worry bout that.” With that small consolation, he would turn to Zell as he seemed to work on something, and then exposition.

It would get them in but not out, which meant they would have to get out on their own power. That was something he could respect, almost like New York, but now he probably had the power to not lose. ”Think about Raziel? I feel sorry for the vampires already.” And then there was the light carrying him beyond the barrier.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top