The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) Empty A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei)

Post by Shadowoof March 25th 2017, 7:20 am

Jake stood outside his apartment, his eyes a glowing red as he stared though the walls at his mother, who was simply sitting down, she had been like this for the last hour, maybe longer. He was hungry, it had been a day since he went home, he didn't go to school, instead he just jumped. Sometimes he flew but he felt better jumping, flying meant he accepted the fact that those things was apart of him, his grey wings that marked him as a nephilim and all signs pointed to her, his mother, being the angel. It made sense to him now, she was always different, always looked out of place among the other adults, she didn't treat him like most parents, she was... different, on a human level. Yet whenever he saw her now, not as the dimmed glow of red he could see right now, but in the pale flesh that was her skin. All he could see was those black eyes and that grim expression, the look that screamed demon.

Jake looked back into his past, he had a acute memory to it all, raised by his mother, who was silent, who spoke silently. Watched as she became louder as his age grew one year by one. Yet fall into silence as he reached now, to the point where he didn't recognize her yet knew exactly who and what she was, some part of him wanted to cry. Another part wanted to hit something. Both parts didn't exactly make logical sense, both were acts of emotion, something Jake wished to control, something he learned from living with his mother.

Putting his hood on, Jake fashioned the training mask to his face and turned away from his mother, turning off the red eye sight and watching the world return to it's normal colors. With a deep breath, Jake began to run and jump, rising into the air and then landing on the next building with a thud, using years of gymnastic training to lessen the blow his legs could produce so that he didn't just break though the building's roof and continued to repeat the action, running along the roof and jumping, sometimes hearing the faint curse of someone inside the building that could hear his footsteps. A curse that sounded like reflex, a curse that was all too use to the world around it yet Jake felt like a stranger to it which was strange to him. He knew the routes, he knew the streets, he knew a lot of things, so why did he feel that way, a question, a thought, a logical conclusion he could not come up with but a feeling that emotion played a part in his confusion... A thought that he despised.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei) Empty Re: A angel and an atlantean (Lorelei)

Post by Johanna Sharpe March 26th 2017, 5:09 am

It had been several weeks since Lorelei, Clover, and Jake had been nearly killed in a confrontation with a mysterious individual. The young Atlantean had been plagued with nightmares ever since. Lorelei wasn’t the only one effect by the events that had occurred however. Clover, her adoptive sister had been so distraught by the loss, that she had taken to some rather questionable life choices. This whole event and the subsequent fallout had caused a small rift between the two sisters and prompted Lorelei to leave the Sinclair estate. The move was ill advised and both Clover’s grandfather, and her butler tried to do everything they could to keep Lorelei from leaving.

Eventually the gave into the little blue Atlantean’s demands and allowed her to leave. That being said, they made sure to hammer into the young girl just how much apart of the Sinclair family she was. Most parents would have a heart attack if their child left home, especially at the tender age of sixteen, but Lorelei wasn’t an ordinary girl, not by human or Atlantean standards. This was one of the prevailing factors in why Gabriel and Winston allowed the young girl to venture out on her own. She wanted to grow and learn more about the world and that was something she couldn’t really accomplish while under the same roof as Clover.

To ensure that Lorelei would be well taken care of, Gabriel gave her full access to the Sinclair fortune, since he saw her as, as much a goddaughter as Clover. He had even gone out of his way to set the young girl up with a penthouse in downtown, so she’d have a place to stay. That is exactly what Lorelei had set out to do today. With a few bags over her shoulder and a small post-it note with an address on it, Lorelei set out to find her new home.

The young girl found herself on a street corner waiting for the light to change so she could cross. Her pink eyes fell to the sticky note and a quiet sigh escaped her lips. Doubt filled her heart as she wasn’t quite sure she was making the right move. She even felt a tad bit guilty for leaving. Clover needed her now more than ever, but the young girl was so caught up in her ways that she wouldn’t let Lorelei get close to her. She wouldn’t listen to reason.

Lorelei was brought back to her senses when she felt someone bump into her from behind. Her eyes shifted up from the piece of paper to see the light had changed. She quickly rushed across the street and stopped to pull out her phone. She entered in the address she was heading to, in order to see if she was headed in the right direction. “Awe come on! You gotta be kidding me!” she cried as she discovered that somewhere along the way, she had taken a wrong turn.

She let out a much louder sigh than the one from moments ago as she returned to the street corner. After a small rumble from her stomach she decided she should stop for some food but didn’t quite know where to go. At this point the doubt surrounding Lorelei’s choice to leave home was reaching an all time high. Feeling lost and very hungry, Lorelei pulled up her phone and decided to reach out to a friend. Perhaps he’d know of a good place to grab a bite to eat.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2016-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof March 26th 2017, 7:25 pm

Resting on a roof after many minutes of jumping, Jake found himself sitting down not tired from the physical exertion but rather from the idea of jumping over and over again. Sometimes he wish trouble just found him, but a situation like the demonic mess he had found himself in days past was not something that happened often, and even more so for someone like him. He just wasn't important like that, sometimes he was recognized by a thug, and those demons had a good reason for hating him like they did but... Those were one offs.

It brought back a internal argument he had been warring about with for a while, why did he start doing this, and why was he doing it now. At the start he never wanted to do this for popularity, or fame, or anything. He just wanted to use his great strength to the benefit of others. It was times like these that Redline came into mind, the white clad vigilante that told him doing this was never easy, and only now, did Jake understand what he meant, and he wasn't even on the deep end of no hope like the older man has described. No he was teetering towards it, because why? He didn't know, and he wouldn't figure it out so easily.

Jake was however, taken away of the internal struggle when he felt the shake of the phone he owned, a device he tended to forget existed. Pulling it out, Jake thought over whether he should look to see who was calling, and then if he should answer if he did look. Taking a peek at the name, surprise grew over his eyes as he saw it, the name belonged to someone Jake knew. Lorelei. He liked Lorelei, she was cool, different. Jake had thought her strange back when he thought of himself as a simple meta but now that he knew his birthright, he accepted her strangeness as natural. Plus, there battle with white skull and Chroma or... old lady Clover, he respected the girl even more. He also wanted to talk to her, she would be a good distraction and all he had to do was accept the call. Not a second later he accepted it, peeling off his mask before talking so that the muffle did not get in the way. "Hey Rose. Been a while." Jake said with a cheeky tone, calling Lorelei by the nick name he gave her because of her hair. Those words were enough to etch a small smile onto his face, a signal that he had made the right choice.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe March 31st 2017, 5:43 am

The little blue atlantean girl let out a sigh of relief when Jake answered her call. At this point she had no one to turn to, even though that was entirely false, it was the mindset she had at the moment. She was in desperate need of talking with someone she knew, someone who didn’t look at her as though she were some hideous out of place creature. Even now, while she was on the phone with Jake, she caught glimpses of the faces of people passing by. Looks of curiosity and disgust were all Lorelei was getting. A smile crept on to her face when she heard Jake’s voice on the other end, and that ridiculous nickname he insisted on calling her.

“Oh thank goodness you answered. I could really use your help! I’m in the city and I have no idea how to get around….and I’m really hungry.” she said with a small whimper, as if all her moral and energy had been sapped from her body. Truth be told, the events of the past couple of weeks had taken they’re toll on the young girl and she was in desperate need of a change of pace. She begged Jake to meet her on the corner she was at. Moving through the city would be much easier with a friend by her side.

The young atlantean hung up the phone and wondered what to possibly do while she waited for Jake to arrive. Her eyes scanned her surroundings, there was a cafe nearby, but every seat outside was taken, she tried to head inside, but was quickly shooed out of the building. Visibly upset that she wasn’t wanted anywhere, Lorelei made her way around the corner and looked for a patch of sidewalk to sit upon. It wasn’t till she was almost sitting down that Lorelei realized she could just make her own seat. To get even with the store owner, Lorelei held her hand out towards the wall, and used her power to extend a chunk of the wall outward, creating a brick platform for her to sit upon.

Lorelei quickly leapt onto the small platform. It was high enough that her feet dangled a few inches from the ground. With a small smile on her face, she kicked her feet back and forth playfully while she awaited the arrival of her red leather clad friend.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof March 31st 2017, 8:12 am

Jake felt his own stomach rumble to the sound of Lorelei's voice on the subject. Food was good. He had no money, but maybe they would figure something out. "Be there soon." Jake said before hearing the click that signaled she hung up. Looking around, Jake spent a few good seconds before sighting where he needed to go, not far but it would require a few jumps. Hopping from roof to roof, Jake thought of several places they could go for food, he knew of a cafe that was close to where Lorelei was but if Lorelei called him then maybe it was full up, otherwise why else would she call to get him to find a place.

Landing on a roof, Jake jogged to the edge and looked down, spotting the tuft of pink hair that was his friend, he however also took notice of the many faces and eyes that stared at the girl and he back away from sight. His red suit was a dead giveaway and he didn't want to make... Jake silently cursed himself, it wasn't just her, he didn't want to be looked at the same way she was right now. Quickly shredding the red leather that was suit, Jake placed it on the ground of the roof and examined his clothes, they looked worn and he didn't know if he smelt a bit but for the most part they were casual, he felt causal. This too was a choice, he had pride in knowing he had that suit to hide his difference, but mingling could change that yet... He didn't care right now.

Going to the side of the building, Jake climbed down before moving around the street corner towards the blue skinned girl, his eyes moving from the stone chair she sat on to a missing chunk of wall and dangerous glares at the girl from inside the damaged property. Walking up to Lorelei, Jake wasn't sure she would recognize him, remember him without all the red and so he spoke to aid her in that regard if needed. "Well, we should not keep a rose hungry shouldn't we, less it's petals wilt." Jake said with a smile, offering a hand to help her out of the chair to stand. "And maybe put the wall back where it belongs?"

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe April 2nd 2017, 5:07 am

The onslaught of dirty looks Lorelei was receiving had not let up, as a mater of fact, they had increased in frequency and Density ever since the young Atlantean had used her powers to extend the brick wall into a makeshift seat. Despite all this, the young blue girl seemed totally invested in an audio book that Clover had recommended to her a while back. With her hearing now better acclimate to the world around her, the young Atlantean could now enjoy things she once couldn’t, such as music, or in this case a book. Lorelei found joy and comfort in this false isolation. It reminded her of home in a way. With the noise canceling headphones in her ears, she was oblivious to the world around her.

A chapter and a half had passed by since Lorelei had spoken with Jake. She Knew the city was big, and didn’t quite know where the boy had lived, so she wasn’t to stressed out with the passage of time or the lack of Jake sightings. That being said, another chapter had passed in her book when she finally began to get fidgety. She paused the audio book, and checked the time on her phone. As she closed out of the book app to check the time, a voice called out to her. It was the first voice to actually address her since she had set up her little post.

The little blue Atlantean’s pink eyes trailed up from the phone to see a young boy standing before her. This was the first time she had seen Jake without his signature red leather get up, and if it hadn't been for him calling her by that annoying nickname he was so found of, she might have sent him flying across the street. Lorelei’s look of concern had vanished from her face and in its place, a large smile appeared. She leapt gleefully off the brick post and grabbed a hold of her bags. After slipping her phone back into her pocket, she turned to face the piece of extended wall. The right thing to do, would be to but the wall back like Jake had suggested, but with the way Lorelei was treated she had half a mind to leave it the way it was.

She looked back and forth between the boy, and the makeshift platform before placing her hands on her hips and pouting. “Fine! But they were really mean to me.” she said in a grumpy tone before pointing one of her palms at the platform and forcing it back to its original state. Lorelei then spun away from the wall to get a look at Jake. “There, Happy?” before Jake had a chance to respond, Lorelei grabbed a hold of one of his hands. “Let’s get this show on the road, I’m famished!”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof April 2nd 2017, 6:50 am

Upon hearing Lorelei's words, Jake's smile dropped a little as he looked around, only to see faces that looked at the two. Some turned away now, better things to do with there lives then stare but some still stared at the two with some disgust, most of it directed at Lorelei. Turning away from the faces, Jake faced the blue skinned girl and watched as she placed her impromptu chair back where it rightfully belonged before asking if he was happy.

But before he could get a word yet, he felt her hand grip a hold of his and any thoughts he had left his mind for a moment before returning. Moving his thoughts away from any feelings that were not needed back towards food. "Well. There is a Burger king that way. A Pizza place that way and a... I think last I saw down there was a fancy restaurant with a equally fancy name." Jake took the names from memory of places he had been too over the last few nights, saying them as he used his free hand to point in the directions of the stores he had named, finding that the three of them were more or less in the same direction. Beginning to walk in the general direction, he didn't know if to move slow or not, so he just tried the best he could to keep pace with his friend.

"Now. I don't know about you but I am hungry enough to be okay with any of them, but I don't have money and to be honest an restaurant is just too fancy so... I'l.. I'll let you pick Lorelei." Jake finished, trying to be causal but also noticing the strange looks he got from others, mostly aimed at his hand and he started to feel... angry, annoyed and downright disgusted at these people, in a world where people could punch down buildings why did they feel the need to look at a girl who was just a little different like that, the feelings took away the memory of his mother for now, settling in for his protective nature over his friend.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe April 5th 2017, 3:36 am

Lorelei ruminated over the three options she was given. She had eaten a pizza before, though there were bound to be many combinations of toppings that she’d never tried before, but on the other hand, a burger did seem enticing. Then there was the third option, a fancy restaurant according to Jake. Still holding onto the boys hand, she took her free hand and brought her index finger up to lips as she tapped them repeatedly as she tried to make up her mind. She wondered just how fancy of a joint Jake was talking about, after all the two had to have very different opinions on what they each found fancy right?

The little blue Atlantean let out a small giggle when Jake mentioned money. It was almost like he forgot who he was talking to. Lorelei was legally a Sinclair, she literally had the world at her fingertips. Lorelei nodded to herself, her mind made up. “Let’s go to the fancy place!” she shouted joyfully while hoisting her hand up into the air. Despite the rough start she had experienced, Lorelei’s fortune and attitude had seemed to take a turn for the better, and it was all because of a little phone call.

Despite her new uplifted and upbeat attitude, Lorelei still couldn’t get the argument she had with Clover out of her mind. The blue girl dipped her head in compilation as she wondered if she had made the right choice to move out, especially at a time when it would appear Clover needed her most. Lorelei was filled with a bit of guilt as she took her “running away” as a selfish act. Her happy expression faded a bit as these crummy thoughts passed through her mind. A small sigh escaped her lips as she continued to keep her gaze fixated on the ground as they walked.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof April 5th 2017, 4:17 am

Jake could only oddly smile as Lorelei took her time to make up her mind, his eyes taken away from staring eyes to Lorelei. And looked away when she giggled, she was strange in her own way was what Jake deducted. Strange and fascinating. It was then as if to prove his thoughts right, she excitedly called out her choice of the fancy restaurant, something Jake wasn't sure he expected or if he should have expected it for the answer. "Fancy place it is." Jake responded, however unsure he was of the complications, like if they would be let in or.. Jake realized that Lorelei would be the one buying and let that thought going, leading into another thought. Would whoever working there let them in?

He had to think not everyone would be disheveled by the appearance of Lorelei, and so he let that thought go too, only letting it get to him if the occasion occurred. As they continued, closing in to the place Jake was sure existed, hoping that his memory didn't actually fail him this time of all times, he took a quick glance at Lorelei and saw a expression he didn't expect to see on her face and immediately he wanted to ask what was wrong but held back for a few seconds, unsure if that was the right option... he chose too anyway. "For someone excited for food. You look glum. You want to talk? Maybe over food when we get there." Jake asked as they rounded a corner and in site was the fancy restaurant he had mentioned, albeit less fancy then he had thought.

On the small building was a sign that had a name that read in a different language, Italian, but a majority of tables were outside in a small fenced off area that connected to the building. It was nice, decorative and had a empty stage where late night hired bands might have played music, and from what looked like it, it was not too active, with only a few couples seated at the tables. And being outside, it would allow Jake to perform any physical task easily should it be required, something he hoped would be kept to a minimum. "This is it, not as fancy as I remember but I was jumping around on the nearby rooftops when I last saw it.. I'll let you lead if you like the place, seeing as your paying.  But I do say, we can talk faster if we go here." Jake finished, letting the girl decide if this place was fancy enough or if she wanted somewhere else to go.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe April 13th 2017, 6:00 pm

Lorelei’s mind had been so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she hardly noticed that they had already made it to the restaurant that Jake had mentioned. Her gaze had remained fixated on the ground the entire way there. She had only looked up once, and that was when Jake mentioned that she had looked a bit glum. She lashed a small smile, and gave a slight shake of her head, causing her fluffy pink hair to bounce around a bit. When the two teens finally arrived at the façade of the building the little blue Atlantean let out a small sigh of relief.

The restaurant wasn’t as fancy as she had imagined, which was a good thing considering that neither of them where quite dressed for the occasion. Lorelei’s spirits also seemed to pick up a bit now that she was moments away from pigging out. Her stomach let out one final rumble as Lorelei and Jake approached the door to the restaurant. As the two headed inside the building, Lorelei let Jake take the lead. She figured they’d be more willing to assist the boy over the little blue girl. Sure enough, The host came up to greet the two teens, his large smile slightly fading when he caught a glimpse of Lorelei out of the corner of his eye. This however did not deter him from seating the two as it was his job, and he liked it very much.

Lorelei and Jake were led to a nice comfortable booth towards the back of the restaurant. The place was fairly busy since it was lunchtime for many of the nearby businesses. A few seconds after they had been seated, a waitress rushed over to the booth. Unlike the host, the waitress seemed fascinated with Lorelei and her unique appearance.

“Oh my! If you two aren’t the most precious thing I’ve ever seen.” The waitress said as she reached into one of the pockets on the sash around her waist. After a few seconds the waitress produced a small note pad. “Can I get you both started with drinks?”

The young Atlantean princess tried to keep her face buried in the menu to avoid being seen. When the waitress arrived in the table with a rather chipper attitude, Lorelei looked up from the laminated menu and gave the young twenty something year old waitress a big smile. So far she was the only other person other than Jake that had treated her like a person today. “Uh…umm…Could I just have a glass of water?” she asked very timidly before turning her gaze over to Jake. “Don’t…Don’t forget you can get what ever you want.”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof April 13th 2017, 9:06 pm

Seeing that Lorelei seemed rather happy with the less fancy then he remembered restaurant, Jake only faintly smiled as they entered, led along by a host to a table, so far so good. He noted that they were near the back, but if that was because of the amount of people here or.. other factors he didn't give much care to it, he was just happy to be getting a meal soon enough.

Staring towards the rather, nice waitress, Jake only tried to smile to be polite, but he wasn't quite sure if he felt like smiling, suddenly a bit down. Here he was, about to be fed what would possibly be a tasteful and filling meal while he left his mother to her... trance. He didn't even remember the last time she ate.

But he couldn't let what got him down get to anyone, Lorelei most certainly didn't need to have his problems added to her list, she seemed to have her own pressing matters. And if someone was going to feel better about them by the end of today, she deserved to at least be that one. "I'm quite happy with a water too please." Jake said, looking over to Lorelei.

"So. Something was bothering you. And I am quite happy to talk with you about it. Food or no food." Jake said softly, now truly wondering what could bother the usually upkeep and happy girl. He didn't think it was the reactions of people, if that chair from before was anything, it was that she could handle that well enough. He thought about the time when they first met, with the woman that had looked a lot like Clover, only.. older. And if the days after that had done something to the Sinclair sisters.  He wouldn't be sure till Lorelei told him of course but he guessed.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe April 14th 2017, 5:02 am

Lorelei didn’t really seem intent on answering Jake’s question. The wounds were still fresh in her mind, and all his asking did, was make her want to bury her face deeper and deeper into the menu pages. Eventually she’d have to talk about it, as a matter of fact it would have been a great idea to talk about it and vent, but the young Atlantean didn’t want to bother her friend with such a crumby story.  The young blonde waitress eventually came back to the table, large grin still plastered on her face. For someone who was moving around the entire restaurant, she sure seemed quite energetic and happy with her job.

The soft thud of the glasses of water hitting the lacquered top of the table was enough to pull Lorelei’s face from its plastic prison. “Ya’ll need another couple of minutes to look over the menu?” the young waitress asked.

Lorelei’s pink eyes looked over to Jake, not sure what to make of his expression. She then turned to the waitress. “Uh, please?” Lorelei’s voice was soft and almost inaudible over the sound of the other patrons of the restaurant. The blonde gave the two a polite smile before walking off to tend to another table.

Lorelei placed her menu flat on the table as she began to actually look at the items on the menu. “We had a fight.” the little blue girl muttered as she continued to look at the pages of the menu. Her tone almost seemed nonchalant, as if she didn’t want to say anything, but at the same time did. It was sort of set up that if Jake heard it, then great, otherwise she wouldn’t really push the issue, after all they were here to eat, not get all worked up over such silly things. Lorelei rocked side to side in the both seat while kicking her feet back and forth playfully as she looked over all the delicious items the restaurant had to offer.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof April 14th 2017, 6:04 am

Jake tried to keep a calm face as they waited, Lorelei seemed silent, seemed to be hiding. From view, or from his questions. Or both. So if he couldn't get an answer now, he decided to think, to wonder what it would be liked, to be in her situation of look, different from most. More different then those that are different, you can hide fire growing from your finger tips but blue skin was an entirely different thing. People picked at different, cause it was something that wasn't wrong with them. It was something they could be easily angry at, that they could see and people were angry. New York didn't have much luck with meta-human activity, the destruction Jake had moved into was the prime of examples.

Still, those were reasons, not what someone felt on the inside and for all his thinking, it was something that had to be witnessed, had to be lived though, to truly imagine. It was then that the waitress returned with there waters and Jake was taken away from his thoughts, back into the real world. Taking his cup, Jake sipped away at it, letting Lorelei talk to the waitress till they were alone again, but it was soon after that, when Jake placed his cup on the table. Lorelei spoke. It was simple, they had a fight, yet he could feel in those words there was more a story. He just had to find a way of dragging it out of her.

"You know. I think we should reintroduce ourselves. Seeing as me jumping to your aid is no way for a proper one. My name is Jake Lucifer Zaapiel and yes the name Zaap came from my last name. Now when you are done with yours. Tell me more. Because you. Are my friend Lorelei. And no matter what. Friends should be able to help each other though anything. However, having such a conversation over a nice meal is such a benefit. Lucky us ey." Jake felt like pinching himself as he finished those final words, if he did help her, and ignored his own pain... Of course she didn't have to know about it, and if she didn't know about it, she did not have to help him. And so he would keep smiling, and keep the calmest expression he could, he was good at that, acting. Maybe he should chosen drama instead of history.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe April 14th 2017, 6:42 am

Lorelei continued to read the same menu page over and over again until her attention was brought away from the fancy dish names and up to Jake, who felt that a more proper introduction was in order. It made sense to Lorelei, considering the circumstances of their chance encounter. The young girl let out a quiet, posh scoff at Jake’s choice in nickname. “Certainly ‘zaps’ all the mystery out of the name if you take it from your own name don’t you think?” she partially mumbled to herself, not wanting to come off rude. She was taken aback when she thought about herself in that regard. At least Jake made an attempt to keep his identity a secret. Lorelei on the other hand just went by her first name.

The little blue Atlantean girl placed both her hands on the table and began to pat them against the table in rhythm to the song playing over the restaurants PA system. “I’m Lorelei….Sinclair….I was..Am the princess of an underwater kingdom. My father is a very bad person, and Clover rescued me and adopted me into her family.” Lorelei left out the key details of how she was locked away in a tower for all of her life, and how it was actually a fiery red haired demon that had rescued her.

“We should figure out what we’re going to eat before that nice lady gets mad at us.” she said before returning to reading through the menu once again. This time the young girl decided to go into more depth about the fight she and Clover had. “Clover hasn’t been the same since that fight we had with that weird metal thing.” Since the two girls had been unconscious during the epic conclusion of that encounter, Lorelei was unaware that the metal suits pilot was a aged doppelganger of Clover. “Because of that person, Clover wanted to train more. She got really aggressive during training. She would get mad at me for not going all out. I….I…” Lorelei began to find it hard to find her words as their final argument flashed through her mind.

Clover had pushed Lorelei to her limits and in a fit of frustration Lorelei had forced a piece of the concrete floor through Clover’s leg. What should have ended there only escalated as Clover took a mysterious serum and caused her to go berserk. It took Gabriel and Winston to break the two girls up and in the days following that event Clover was very aggressive and often tried to provoke Lorelei into fighting her. “Clover just hasn’t been the same since that day. So I left. As of today I’m on my own. Well sort of, Gabriel and Winston still see me as part of the family and said I could still count on them for anything. So I guess that’s nice.”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof April 14th 2017, 12:47 pm

Jake at first had merely grumbled to Lorelei's first commit, taking it more as a friendly jab then anything else, but as Lorelei continued explaining who she was, Jake went though a rather varied range of emotions. From his mouth being wide open before shutting to look sensible to looking concerned to just going a bit blank. Yea, Lorelei deserved to have fun, to have enjoyment right now. A princess with an evil father and a sister who was demanding far too much.

And of course that event from when they met was.. Well a cause, Jake knew the identity of the suit or at least, he had an idea. A strange one. But he hadn't exactly shared his findings, was a little caught up in bleeding out from the amount of metal shards stuck in his back and the very broken and damaged arm. He didn't know if he should share the information now, if it would only cause more problems for the girl in front of him.. No he had to work on making her feel better, it was why he was here, besides the food of course.

"Well... I don't really know what to say to any of that... But I also have to say something I mean.." Jake scratched the back of his neck, thinking.. thinking.. "It seems... Clover is upset... And she's taking it out on you. She needs a reason to be upset... But.. What your doing? It's fine. She needs to cool. She needs time alone. To think. Plus... Being the princess of a underwater kingdom, this freedom gives you the space to find out who you are on the land. Who you want to be without a guiding hand." Jake finished before grabbing his menu and looking though it, eyes quickly catching onto a certain name of a  Spaghetti dish that just made his stomach rumble loudly, enticing him to make that his choice.

"Plus. When Clover calms down. She'll realize what she was doing to you and come begging to take you back. All hugs and presents. You'll be fine.. Okay?" Jake said as he lowered his menu and smiled a sad smile to Lorelei, she seemed to suffer a hell of a lot more then him. She had a father that was 'evil' and had probably lived with that father for some time, his mother was nothing but kind, albeit distant, she had a new family that was splitting apart... Jake didn't even know who his mom was right now. He considered if comparing his own problem would actually be a benefit for Lorelei, show that she isn't suffering alone over broken family or something. But he was content to remain silent on the matter. It could also seem like a attempt to drag pity from her for him, which was something he had... Had he originally thought of doing that? The mere thought now disgusted him, even if he couldn't remember. No, now wasn't time for self pity. It was her that should be worried for now.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top