The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Base To Call Home
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Fusion Frenzy
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:34 am by ProwlerKnight

» Trial by Fire
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Ricochet I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Ricochet I_vote_lcapRicochet I_voting_barRicochet I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
ghost
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Ricochet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ricochet Empty Ricochet

Post by Zonkes May 4th 2024, 8:31 pm

Ricochet

"I’m rubber and you’re glue!"

The Bio

Hero Name: Ricochet
Title: The Kinetic Avenger
Race: Human
Hair: Bleach blonde with brown roots
Eyes: Gray
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 183
Blood type: A-

The Looks

The Personality

What’s a good way to describe Alejandro de la Cruz? Let’s start with his out of costume persona. Out of the costume, Alejandro is your run of the mill billionaire playboy. He uses his trust fund money to have a good time and splashes cash at his groupies like tissue paper. In the public eye, it appears that after he lost his father; Alejandro went off the deep end. And while to some degree this is accurate, it doesn’t tell the whole story.

As Ricochet, he is impulsive, immature, and even a bit cocky. He loves quipping at his foes doesn’t appear to take anything seriously. He has been known for quick flashes of anger and even occasionally remorse, but these are rare and tend to only happen during times of great panic.

Underneath it all is a scared man who is terrified that his secret identity will be exposed, not only revealing his loved ones to his enemies; but revealing the truth to his loved ones.

The Story

Alejandro de la Cruz was raised in a bustling part of San Francisco, California. His father was a brilliant geneticist and his mother the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, there was just one thing about them that created a stir.

They were both heavily anti-metahuman.

They had Alejandro along with his 2 brothers and settled into what could only be described as a hectic home life. Alejandro was raised to be the prim and proper heir to the family fortune. He was expected to act in the interest of keeping his families image in check, and never act beyond that.

When he was 17, his family made their way to LA for the opening of a new power plant. There was going to be a huge celebration, and anyone who was anyone was to be there. So of course he had to go.

His family were invited, so he, his mother, and his father went out to mingle while they had a nanny watch his two younger siblings. It was imperative after all that the oldest brother go out and show everyone that the company would be in good hands.

The party went on into the night, but something happened during the celebration. Was it sabotage? A freak incident? No one could explain it since afterward all that was left was a pile of vaporized rubble and the surviving people from within. Luckily for Alejandro, his parents had gone elsewhere to discuss a proposition with a business partner. Unluckily for Alejandro, he was at ground zero with nowhere to go.

In the instant after the explosion, Alejandro felt something surround him in a cushion of safety. Suddenly, he felt himself rocketing backward at extreme speed. He didn’t feel the force of the blast itself, but his suit sure did. It was nearly torn to shreds, saving his modesty as best it could; but the outfit was ruined.

Alejandro hit one wall, then another, then another, until eventually he landed atop the pile of rubble damn near unharmed. He stood up and quickly started grabbing rubble and helping people out of the devastation. He wasn’t the only one, there was a man made of light that was trying to assist as well but he was obviously new to his powers and eventually Alejandro had to wave him off before he did more damage.

First Responders arrived to the scene not long after, they asked him questions he didn’t know how to answer and gave him sideways glances at every odd or out of place answer he gave.

He found out later that while his mother was unharmed, Alejandro’s father was gravely injured and would likely be on life support for the rest of his life. The next day, Alejandro and his mother argued about the situation, with his mother choosing to pull the plug.

He kept the night at the plant a secret from her, developing a superhero identity in a warehouse under his own supervision with no insight from his mother. He held some level of anger at her for the situation, but kept it under wraps. He allowed himself to play the playboy, and eventually even found that he enjoyed it. It gave him a chance to let loose and enjoy himself. He couldn’t help the shame he felt under everything despite this, after all his parents had raised him to be better than this. But he chose his life, they didn’t choose it for him.

After years of hiding his abilities from the public, he’s finally ready to go out and fight crime under his alter ego, Ricochet!

The Powers

Kinetic Absorption Field - Ricochet has a field of energy surrounding his body at all times, this field absorbs kinetic energy and turns it into momentum effectively launching him away from the source of the energy. If he impacts a wall or some other obstacle, he will bounce or ricochet off of it with increased velocity. This comes with a short window of time where he can absorb kinetic energy at a consistent rate giving him a chance to power up. If he takes too much in that time, the energy forcefully expels itself creating a catastrophic uncontrolled bounce.

The Weaknesses

Limit: - Perhaps more of a limitation than a proper weakness, but Alejandro is still effected even partially by attacks that utilize kinetic force as its main driver. Effects that hit his field are absorbed by 80%. While effects that affect him directly without touching his shield such as telepathy or various forms of telekinetics can bypass this protection and get to the man inside.

Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop - Once Alejandro has begun his ricochet, there’s no stopping it until it runs out of energy or someone stops him. This can be extremely detrimental, as depending on how much kinetic force he absorbs; he might be bouncing for several minutes at a time increasing the odds that he’ll inadvertently be responsible for collateral damages.

The Items

Ricochet Mask - This piece of equipment is two parts. It’s one part domino mask, and the other part a mouth covering. The domino mask has a built in set of lenses that calculate the best position from which to begin his flight. While not always accurate, these assist him in actually being able to target his foes. The mouth covering allows for a more dynamic intake of oxygen while in the air, by sucking in as much oxygen from the air as Alejandro needs to prevent passing out.

The Fluff

Trust Fund Baby - Alejandro has a trust fund inherited from his father, as well as his shares in Vitality Dynamics. In effect, this gives him an amount of funding that allows him to buy whatever the plot demands of him. This would have no effect on combat and is just for facilitating story and future advancements.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 632
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Ricochet Empty Re: Ricochet

Post by Arcana May 4th 2024, 9:58 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2483
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum