The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two enter the parlor (Invite only)
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:53 pm by Hyperion

» Choke (Starring King Isroh and Uzma)
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2022, 2:32 am by Demonhunter

» One way vacation
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2022, 1:50 am by Demonhunter

» Parallel
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2022, 7:57 pm by elephantlord

» Olympus Rising
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2022, 6:39 pm by Demonhunter

» Thawed
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2022, 5:57 pm by Zonkes

» Harbor thief hijinks
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2022, 2:30 pm by Cerek

» When The Party's Over (Invite Only)
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2022, 2:41 pm by Chellizard

» Pieces in Play
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2022, 11:32 pm by elephantlord

» Hot as Dell
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2022, 4:42 pm by Nate6595

» What Happens in Vegas...
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2022, 2:05 am by Nate6595

» Heroic Spirit: An Original Superhero RP!
Down Time - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2022, 3:24 pm by Guest

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2022 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Down Time

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: Down Time

Post by Nate6595 April 23rd 2022, 12:45 pm

Melody smiled, chuckling at the punch to her shoulder, seeming to get back to her normal self with the gesture. While she didn’t make eye contact, not right away at least, she returned the arm punch and rolled her eyes, “Yeah yeah…I hear ya, I’ll ease up.” She paused for a moment, wondering if she should go on, and then let out a small, quiet breath. “And uh…thanks…thank you. I appreciate it, Yang, I owe ya one for this, even if ya say I don’t. There’s no getting out it now.” She said, giving Yang’s side a small nudge with her elbow, now deadest determined to find some way to repay Yang for whatever training they’d go through.

Despite her usual keen eyes and rather observant habits, all honed through hero work, Melody didn’t seem to catch the sudden change on her friend’s face. She didn’t see the blush or how Yang flustered at the prospect. Unlike her friend, she didn’t seem at all bothered or shy by the concept. At Yang’s word, Melody was on her back, holding on tight and ready to take off without a second thought of it, not seeming to consider how this could look to an outside party. To her, this was just a ride, she had carried other people like this before…though mainly kids when she was doing public events, but occasionally an adult when they needed quick evac from somewhere.

It grew slowly on Mel’s face, but soon was beaming with excitement as the two soared through the air. The sensation of flying wasn’t unlike that of her hops, fast, bounding motions through the air as you propelled forward. Flying, hopping, the two were so similar, and yet…this was more. This felt different and she wasn’t sure why, but the grin on her face was wide and she actually laughed in joy at it. “Ha! This incredible!” She exclaimed, unsure how else to explain it.

“Oh! Right, sorry! My power!” She suddenly snapped to attention, having almost completely forgotten about their prior conversation. “Basically, as I move around I build up energy that both shields me and that I can release in power bursts! I basically store up kinetic energy! Also, I got the rabbit stuff going on, making me quicker and a bit more aware of stuff around me.” She thought for a second, adjusting her grip on Yang’s shoulders. “I got that new thing I wanna demo, but also I guess if I was to have a special technique or something I can change the way I absorb energy and instead use my bloodflow to build kinetic energy at a much quicker rate, though doing it long much causes me to overheat and pass out. And that about sums it up, I think. I don’t really have a limit, at least none that I’ve reached, I can use the kinetic energy to also propel me at quick speeds, so I can move faster as you saw. Uh…yeah, that’s it I think.”

Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. April 25th 2022, 8:02 pm

Yang did her best to keep her gaze forward, lest her friend see her face in such an embarrassed state. She kept her gaze forward and traveled relatively slow for the most part. It wasn’t a slow crawl by any means, but she also didn’t want to zip to the island without giving Melody a chance to explain her powers, as much as every fiber of Yang’s being was screaming for her to get this impromptu piggy back ride over with.  The embarrassment would slowly fade from Yang’s face as she listened to the enthusiasm in Melody’s voice. It took a moment for Yang to realize that the sensation would definitely be something not everyone was used to.

“It’s alright..I guess. she’d say with a slight smirk. Her grip around Melody’s thighs would tighten, mainly securing her grip on her friend as she then began to speed up. A little show for her friend as they closed in on the island. The wind rushing over them with this new pace. She would remain silent for the rest of the flight, mentally taking note of how Melody described her power. It wasn’t far off from how Yang’s worked, to a degree. But where Melody built her power up through movement and kinetic motion, Yang’s body constantly produced energy on a cellular level. Each and every cell acting as a small power plant to fuel her whole body.

Having picked up the pace she had been flying at, the two would arrive at the island shortly after Melody finished explaining the nature of her powers. Yang would slow down as they approached the island and softly touch down on the grassy outcrop in the middle of the lake. She’d cautiously let go of Melody to allow her to get down on the ground safely. The overseers crystal blue eyes would be drawn to the uncommon amount of fog that had been hovering over the surface of the island and it wasn’t until now, that they were on the ground that Yang noticed the fog had gotten heavier. “Surly it didn’t get foggier right?” She looked all around them for any signs of an outside party interfering with the weather or trying to ambush them, but nothing immediately leapt out at her.

She paused for a moment and looked to Melody. Since they were in no danger at the present, best to let the local fill her in on the details of this supposed haunted island. Perhaps this was a common occurrence or the exact reason why people seemed to think it was haunted.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2019-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 May 21st 2022, 4:44 pm

Thankfully, for Yang, Melody was completely oblivious to her expression. She would stay oblivious all the way to island, all with no hints to what had gone on in the alien’s head. Still, it was something she enjoyed and main threat to Yang now was future requests for flight, as it was too much fun not to consider doing that again sometime in the future. This thought, however, was combatted with both the want to not appear childish and the want to not be too much of a burden on her new friend. Plus…was that weird to request that? Was that against the norm to whatever species Yang was? That opened a whole new can of worms as to the situation, one that Mel would shove down for now and come back to later.

Mel’s own eyes now trailed across the island and…yes, that increased level of fog. This had always been the case here on the island, but one that had never really occurred to her before. The strangeness of that mist…it was unreal. She never really put much merit into the island being “supposedly” haunted, but now…

She sighed and tried her best to dismiss the thought. While something actually supernatural would be a nice change from the weird evil organization they had taken down the other day, it was still her vacation and she didn’t want to it spend knee deep in some ectoplasm. Still, she couldn’t help but be on guard. It was that hero instinct that kicked in and one she wished she could turn off. Though, even as her eyes searched the area they didn’t seem to catch anything. Her ears, though…they picked up a lot. Every crackle of a leaf, every small plop from a nearby fish in the water. They were alert and ready, but everything seemed to set her on edge.

As she finally looked back to Yang, she grinned and gave her friend a nod. “Creepy, right?” She joked, nudging her side and then starting forward to head deeper into the small island. “So, anything ya wanted to check out here or were you just looking to be spooked?” He taunted teasingly. “There apparently was an old house here at some point, not sure what happened to it. The well that it used to have is still somewhere around here.”

The island itself wasn’t all that vast. A fifteen…maybe twenty minute hike would bring you to the other side. There was a dense cover of trees, which did give the illusion of it being deeper than it was. Despite the noise from the water and from the crackle of leaves and the sound of a faint wind blowing…it was quiet. Wildlife was sparse here and every other sound was just…muted behind the trees, seeming more distant than it was. There was probably a good explanation for all that though. Probably.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Job : Student
Humor : Everything!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. May 30th 2022, 3:59 am

This place was definitely surreal. The energy in the air here was different. It was feint, as though the island was in a bubble and nothing from the outside could get in…except them. That embarrassed expression and feeling Yang had, had on the way here was completely gone. Much less a hero sense, Yang was still immediately put on guard. She’d glance down at her palm for a moment, lighting up a small orb of energy. Ok, so that still worked, not that she expected it not to. The fact that the naturally outside occurring energies were muted or all but absent here gave her a slight pause.

“Huh” she’d mumble to herself before looking to Melody with an adventurous grin on her face. “Lets press on and see what all we can find.” Yang would start trekking down what she could only assume were remnants of an old worn path that whoever lived on this island used to use. “Do you know anything else about the island? Where this old house used to be located, who lived there?” Her voice rang out with excitement as the only sign of life on this island other than Melody and the soothing sound of baby wave lapping against the islands shoreline.

The eerie nature of this place up front made Yang think of the camping grounds they were just at the other day. It made her think back to what her father told her about the local mines in the area and just what was lurking beneath that lake’s surface. Was this something similar? Would Yang and Melody stumble upon another hidden research base for that company, or would they find something linked to what that company was doing in the surrounding area. Not that she was hoping for any of that, at least not right now. This was supposed to be a vacation, but she couldn’t let the events of the other day leave her mind either. When she got back to work, she’d hit the ground hard investigating that company and what they saw and fought there that day.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2019-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 June 12th 2022, 4:42 pm

Melody set her hands in her vest pockets, looking around the island with only the faintest bit of apprehension. She wasn't as paranoid about this place as she was about the camp they had visited, this was something entirely different (at least she hoped that was the case), but at the same time she wasn't sure how ready she was to get into another brawl or at least a serious one that had lives on the line. A friendly brawl she would be up for. In fact, she was probably counting on that.

As she started down what looked like an old trail, it was more so just patches of dirt that weren't covered in leaves, she looked over to Yang and gave a shrug, "No clue honestly. There were a lot urban legends about this place. A crazy family that butchered anyone who came to the island. There was a story about a reclusive writer who made his house here, but ended up placing it on some burial ground and cursing the whole thing. I think there was one...a ghost of a college student who ran away from home, but something happened and now, until someone helps her, she's trapped here..." She looked up, rubbing her chin and humming thoughtfully, "I think...there was another one about some old cave with a malicious bear spirit who mauled anyone who came near." She looked back to Yang and nodded, "Those were the popular ones at least. There was a million of 'em. Either way, there was once a house here, now there isn't and the island is all around spooky."

Suddenly, Melody did stop walking and stared straight ahead. It wouldn't take long for Yang to realize what she had been staring at. In front of them, only a few feet off, was a clearing and towards the start of this clearing a stone well that protruded from the ground and just beyond it, a small mound of dirt that oddly stood above the rest. With a knowing smirk, Melody looked back to Yang and urged her forward. "After you."
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Job : Student
Humor : Everything!

Back to top Go down