The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Down Time - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Down Time

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: Down Time

Post by Yang S. September 1st 2021, 5:12 am

Yang grinned widely at Melodies enthusiasm for a good spar. And this sort of seemed to kill two birds with one stone. They could go for a nice sceanic hike through the woods, explore their surroundings a bit and take in nature, all while looking for a suitable place for them to spar. As her friend darted back inside to change into more appropriate attire, Yang stretched out her back, leaning side to side. Shed enjoy her coffee a moment longer before Melody finally returned all geared up and ready to go.

Yang couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle at the thought of a race. “You honestly want to challenge me to a race, even after what you saw me do yesterday? It wouldn’t even be fair.” she’d say with a playful smile, as she floated off the cabin’s porch and over to Melodies side. Her feet still hovered ever so slightly off the floor as she moved along the path. Without thinking to much on it Yang found herself floating in a manner akin to laying on her back. Her arms were tucked behind her head and she crossed one leg over the other. He gaze was fixated upwards. She remained like this for a little bit before the tree leaves grew to dense to get a clear view of the morning sky.

She’d rotate back around and finally plant her feet firmly on the ground, her shoes kicking up just the slightest amount of dust as she did. Finally side by side, Yang would focus on Melodies face. Though she did her best to not show it, Yang could tell something was bothering her. The young aeteran would give her companion a light tap on the shoulder. “You’re losing by the way.” Yang would say with a playful chuckle before taking a few quick steps to move out in front of Melody. “In all seriousness though, how did your family come by this place? Do you own all this land?” Her mind wandered on whether or not Melody would let her build a house out here once all was said and done. It would be a great place to escape to when Yang needed a moment to herself.

Yang S.

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2019-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 November 19th 2021, 12:14 pm

Mel had the smuggest grin on her face at the comment shot her way. Oh, really? Racing with a rabbit? She answered simply and with a shrug, "Oh? Do you really think so?" There was a spark around her as that surge of energy she had displayed the night before seemed to shoot through her. She was fast as she was now, both from her power and from training, but throwing in that potential energy into it, she felt confident in her ability to take on this other superpowered being. "I think I could give you a run for your money, for sure. Might even surprise ya."

Melody began to kneel, getting into a running position, before looking around the area at her question before once more looking at Yang with a slight grin. "I mean, this property yeah, not the town or Maine. I don't know how far it goes back, it certainly has been renovated since then." She considered for another moment, then shook her head. "We're the only family on the pond-lake thing, so we don't gotta worry about disturbing neighbors with the spar later. I know there was the old nature trail, but no one really uses it anymore cause of bears, but you know..." She snickered, "I don't think we gotta worry 'bout them."

This did raise a question, though, and that competitive look on her face seemed to fade into a more curious expression. "Say, where do you live? What's it like there? Well, I mean, you said before you live here on Earth, but before that?"
She had yet to go to an alien planet or...realm? She wasn't sure what it would even be like. She tried to picture it, but the images only turned to old movies she saw and none of it seemed to line up properly.

"Also, go." She said suddenly and with a burst of speed, empowered by the energy she had built up, she took off towards the wood's trail, "We'll race the clearing at the end of it, a bit up the mountain!" She called the over her shoulder, darting at a impressive speed, although moving at most...thirty miles per hour?
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 662
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. November 19th 2021, 4:51 pm

Just as Yang was getting ready to answer Melody’s curiosity, the young woman darted off with all the speed she could, only giving Yang the slightest bit of a heads up. “Cheap trick” Yang thought to herself as she watched Melody blaze a trail away from her. Yang paused for a moment and pondered giving Melody a fair race or not. After all it would be absolutely effortless for her to catch up to the rabbit in no time at all. Then there was her ability to fly. She could just rise above the tree tops, scout out their finish line and just blast off in that direction. She also had her transformations she could dip into. The more she thought about it the less fun it sounded. After all there was no sport or joy in just skipping to the end.

With a quick release of energy from her body, Yang exploded forward she initially moved fast enough to catch up to Melody, and had she continued that pace, would have blown right by her. Instead once her friend was in sight Yang would lower her speed so that she was only about a foot or so behind Melody’s pace. “You know you’re gonna have to push harder than that if you really wanna beat me in a contest of speed. If you can beat me I’ll tell you all about the place I grew up.” Yang would say as she closed the gap between them and now ran side by side with Melody.

It didn’t take long for the clearing Melody spoke about to come into sight. There were on the home stretch now. Moving as fast as they were they’d reach it almost in the blink of an eye. And it was here that Yang couldn’t help containing her competitive spirit. She wanted to win this race, especially after talking as much game as she did. She began tap into more of her energy, not that she needed to, but it began to push her ahead of Melody ever so slightly. She would push no further, instead she wanted to see if the threat of losing this playful race would cause Melody to push hard. “So I told you. No way you’d beat me in a race!” She’d playfully taunt for extra effect.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 January 23rd 2022, 3:06 pm

The path for Melody felt familiar as she started her light jog down, though that thought was distant from her as she laughed at her friend. Was it a cheap trick? Oh, one hundred percent it was. But did she know that with the pace she was going that her friend would be able to catch with no effort at all? Of course, it was obvious that with this pace Yang would be-oh, there she was already! She was lagging ever so slightly behind, almost as if to taunt Mel into going faster. Well, yes. It worked.

Mel grinned at the words shot her way and after a quick glance over her shoulder she nodded, "Ha! You think this is all I got? I thought I made a pretty good impression the other night!" She said, a laugh riding on her tone. Then, with a sudden burst of speed, that orange energy crackling through her body, she shot off with an even greater speed. She didn't want to get there too soon, of course, not that it was close by...she actually didn't know how far the trek through the woods was. And if she remembered right there was a second clearing even further down.

That would have to be it, because if they kept at it like this they'd be there in just a bit under a minute. "There's a second clearing further down!" She called back, before crouching a bit and then...jumping? Yes, jumping, bounding from place to place, greatly increasing her speed. That mixed with the energy she was pouring into each movement would now be, at least hopefully, be something of an impressive speed to her alien friend, moving now more like a speeding train through the woods.

Despite the speed she was going, she still managed to bound with relative grace, never leaving large impact marks and moving with a natural rhythm, something she practiced time and time again to limit collateral damage. Even as she went, she never seemed to miss a beat, even as she occasionally looked over her shoulder to see how much force her friend was putting through. "Let me know if I am still going too slow for ya!" She challenged, nearly hitting a tree, but not even seeming phased by it.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. January 27th 2022, 8:52 pm

Yang continued at her pace, slightly ahead of Melody, the end was in sight and her victory all but assured. That was at least the case until Yang’s plan of provoking Melody to push herself paid off. The young woman began to pull ahead of Yang little by little, then the gap between them began to grow. Yang took a few breaths, this wasn’t a serious competition, just a friendly race through the woods. There was no need to push further, but she wanted to. Competitive spirit kindled, blue electricity began to arc off of Yang and the gap between her and Melody closed once again.

Yang would manage to take her eyes off the woods in front of her for just a moment. Long enough to see how Melody fared at this speed and how she moved about. It was just a glance, but she was able to see how effortless it was for the young woman, and this prompted a smirk to creep onto Yang’s face. She could pick up the pace. She could push Melody farther. The electricity arcing from Yang’s body grew more intense and soon her body would be enveloped in a flash of light, before revealing her form had shifted. Much like the form she took back in the lab the previous day, this form also covered her from head to toe in a form fitting bone-like armor.

Her form was much leaner than that of its war counterpart. Indeed, the embodiment of vengeance was all about speed and enacting swift justice. In this for Yang would have no problem reaching the clearing before Melody, but again, Yang would hold back. As much as her competitive nature drove her desire to win this race, she was also treating this as an impromptu sparring match of sorts. She was trying her best to push Melody, and to see just how well she could surpass her limits. At the speed they were going, the end was just within reach. If Melody was going to surpass her limits, it’d have to be now, or she’d surely lose. “Almost there. Better pick up the pace if you don’t wanna lose” Yang would squeeze out before increasing her speed ever so slightly so that the lead she held would begin to grow.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 February 12th 2022, 1:36 pm

She knew.

She knew so well what Yang was trying to do. Yang was pushing her, taunting her, trying to goad her into something more, to push the limits of what she could do. But, if Mel had a failing, it was that this almost always worked on her. She could be goaded into most things when it involved a challenge and now was no different. She understood that she was outmatched on several fields compared to Yang, at least as she was now, but she wouldn't blow everything she had right now, not before the spar, she would rely on her base power before moving up.

Still, if she said she couldn't feel those limits being pushed, she would be lying. She could in fact feel herself getting pushed and while not exhausted, she wasn't used to having someone actively push her to reach heights of her ability she otherwise had to build up towards. Whatever this training was, it was having an impact and that alone sparked something in her head.

But that was for later, Yang was pushing her again and she couldn't just ignore that. Melody gritted her teeth, her expression almost becoming wild, but grinning all the same. She poured what she had into her legs, crackles of energy now arced off of her in powerful waves. She pushed herself forward, moving faster than she had ever moved in a long time at this level, yet still holding a grace to her those bounds she made. She could easily outrace a racing car at this level, while not yet breaking any mach speeds yet, it was still beyond what she could normally run at. Though, with that, they were at the end of their bout.

With one last desperate bound forward, Melody came to a skidding stop in the clearing, carving a small trail in the dirt as she did so. She was panting with exhaustion, though was still grinning wide and with a new sense of vigor. She let out a laugh, regardless of who had won though she aimed for at least tying with Yang. "Pretty...damn good, Yang. Think ya got me beat in the speed department though." She admitted, letting that laugh ride on her tone.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. February 15th 2022, 2:58 am

Yang grinned slightly behind her bone-like helmet. It seemed the goading worked. It was fairly easy to rile Melody up, but that was good, at least in this moment. Any bit of motivation Yang could squeeze out of her new friend, she would. After all, if Yang could push Melody to higher limits it would in turn most likely push Yang as well. Yang lit up with anticipation as Melody’s expression shifted to a more grimaced and wild one. This was it! The new found burst of energy and speed from Melody was something that caught Yang slightly off guard.

She watched Melody pull ahead of her as the clearing was literally just the blink of an eye away. Was she really going to lose? Hell no. But she wasn’t going to win either, at least she’d swallow her pride on this one and take a tie as she channeled more energy through her body, catching up to Melody and coming to a grinding halt at the same time. With a quick flash the armor would vanish, returning Yang to her normal form. She’d place her hands on her hips and look up to the sky for a moment as a cool breeze washed over them.

“That may be true, but keep pushing yourself like that and I don’t think anyone else would be able to beat you.” she chuckled. Yang would take in a deep breath. The unfamiliar scent of the woods filled her lungs. It was a pleasant and calming smell. Enough so that she felt almost to relaxed. Her eyes would snap open and dart in Melody’s direction. The poor girl looked like she was still recovering from pushing herself as hard as she did, and all before their sparing match. Perhaps now was a good time to do something a little less intense. “So, how well do you know these woods. Any interesting paths or trails? What about spooky abandoned campsites?” Admittedly that last one was a little bit in poor taste, but there was no better way to wind down and recover than a nice calm walk.…or food.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 March 5th 2022, 11:40 am

While the pair did finish with a tie, the third place winner was the exhaustion which was now catching up to Melody. While going that fast usually would never drain her like this, she usually had more of a build up to that speed. She had been freshly awake with little build up or time to store energy. As such, she needed a moment to catch her breath, though that wide and excited grin never left her expression. She needed more exercise like that, things to push her forward and that would actually train her power. Outside of fighting, she didn't have many outlets to train properly like this.

She laughed hearing the honesty of her friend, though she didn’t expect any less from her. “Ha, you’d think that…but some folk do come out of left field with that kind of thing.” She straightened herself now, brushing herself off as best she could. As finally caught her breath she took a moment to look at her hands, mulling over what she had just said to Yang. She kept quiet for a moment, enveloped in this thought, and when she finally processed that Yang had said something she perked right up again.

“Ha, sorry, what? Hike?” She asked, confused for a moment, then shook her head, “Sorry, was thinking about something.” She took a quick look around, then pointed to the other end of the clearing, “I mean the trail continues that way, it loops around, but we honestly cleared most of it already.” She let out a small laugh, not seeming to mind the slightest about haunted campsites. “Funny enough, yes. There’s a small island in the middle of the lake that apparently is haunted, someone said there’s an old cave there that was a burial ground or something, but no one has ever really done the required digger.” She offered up, shrugging slightly, though still baring that confident grin of hers. “But honestly, I am down for whatever. If ya wanna hike more, let’s do it! Or if you’re feeling up for the spar, I’m more than ready for ya. Maybe this time I can actually make ya break a sweat.”
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. March 11th 2022, 7:47 pm

“Whoa there killer, how about you give your body a chance to rest. Part of the key to building up strength and technique, is to allow your body to rest.” Yang would say, sounding like a total nerd in the process. As eager as she was to get to this spar, there would be no point in starting it just now. Melody was clearly exhausted from pushing herself like she just did. Yang’s gaze would turn to the opposite end of the clearing where the hiking path continued. “Lets continue along the path. Give you a chance to rest up. Besides Im interested to hear more about this haunted island” Yang would say as she casually began heading towards the path.

A cool and calm breeze washed over Yang as she walked. Since the two had been blazing a trail through the woods, Yang had barely any time to take in the sights, sounds, and just overall peacefulness of the mountains. Sure there were mountains back home in Japan, but she was never really afforded the luxury of camping or visiting any of those secluded mountain villages growing up. Speaking of, she now wondered how expensive it would be for her to just buy one of those villages, or even just a nice sized property in those mountains. She liked the idea.

“You know, all this has got me thinking. Maybe I should buy some property back home and build it into a proper secluded sanctuary where we could train to our hearts content and just relax. Yeah…that sounds like an awesome idea. You’d come visit if I did right?” she said with a playful smile as she glanced over to Melody.

Last edited by Yang S. on March 29th 2022, 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 March 27th 2022, 1:48 pm

Melody rolled her eyes at the comment, but smiled regardless at her friend. It was nice for Yang to look out for her after all, she couldn't deny that in the slightest. With a small hesitance, she nodded. "Yeah, I get ya. Though, honestly, I know my limits and can push myself a bit further, though I suppose if I need to put up more of a fight then yeah...I can hold off for a bit." She conceded, then stood up, stretching her arms up and feeling something crack in her back. To be honest, it was a tough run and her body had still been waking up from sleep. The run had helped wake her up, but she knew she shouldn't overdo it too quickly.

She followed along with Yang as she started to walk, taking this time to both cool down and build up lost energy from the run over. She didn't seem to give any sort of sign that she was collecting energy, though her eyes seemed to grow a bit brighter the further they walked on. She always gathered energy as she moved, it was a passive effect, but when she set her mind to it she felt as though she could absorb even more. Now, she felt even more determined to collect all she could hold for what was to come.

Melody didn't answer the question right away, not that she didn't like the idea of it. No, something else was on her mind and she wanted to hold off on it for now. Instead, she pointed onward, ahead of them, where there was a fork. "If we go right, we can make it to the water, there we should be able to cross." She offered with a grin, then continued onward, giving a small hum. "Well, I suppose I could visit, though you're cooking this time." She teased, returning the playful smile, hands in pocket now as she actually started to unwind.

"Although, speaking of visiting you...I did have a..." She sighed a bit, this wasn't really a topic she was good at, "I mean, I could use your help I guess...I need a favor of sorts? Which I hate to ask cause ya know...I don't know, I don't want to be..." She just made a vague motion with her hand. This certainly was a change from her usual confident manner. "Heck, I'm not good at this."
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. March 29th 2022, 7:54 pm

Curious how Melody seemed to skim right passed talking about the supposed haunted island, but Yang would let is slide for now. She would just chalk it up to Melody’s current exhaustion. Still, Yang wasn’t about to let that topic go without being talked about, even at least briefly before the day was over. The two young women would continue down the path for a time before Melody would speak up again. As she spoke, Yang couldn’t help but arch a brow as her friend began to ask…for something. This was definitely some odd behavior from the normally energetic and straightforward girl.

The frustration, embarrassment, shyness? It was definitely uncharacteristic, but also somewhat adorable in a way. Yang couldn’t help but feel the urge to leave Melody hanging just a tad longer just to enjoy the moment a bit more. “Go on, out with it. You can ask me anything.” She’d say throwing her arms behind her head in a casual manor and focusing on the path ahead. Though focus was a bit of a luxury at the moment as she was more interested in hearing Melody’s request. Whatever it was, it was something that Melody felt flustered in asking.

Yang eagerly awaited the chance to hear the request. So much so that she couldn’t help but finally crack a smile at how Melody was currently acting. Hopefully her friend didn’t take it the wrong way. In actuality Yang hoped she took it as a sign that Melody could be more open around her. After what they had been through recently it would be remiss to say that the two were still strangers to one another, despite how little they still knew about the other. Yang would refrain from speaking further, allowing the sound of nature to fill in the blanks as Melody found the words she was looking for.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 April 2nd 2022, 1:08 pm

They were close to the lake's edge now. It was a subtle change from the deep woods they were in now, but the differences were nice, almost calming. The croaks of frogs could be faintly heard, as well as the occasional plop of a fish going to the surface for a moment. There was a new coolness to the air, which felt refreshing after their previous race. It couldn't quite be seen yet, but they were almost there.

For a moment, Melody hesitated again to answer Yang's urging. She played it off as though she was enjoying the slight change in the air as they went, but honestly she just needed that time to collect herself. Finally, with a sigh, she spoke, "I uh...okay, so...I think I told you before that I want to be the top hero, yeah?" She shrugged, "If I didn't, well...I do. I want to be the best, but you know..." She let out another small breath, this part seeming to one of the harder ones. "After seeing you fight the other day, I realize that you're leagues ahead of me. I know you're not the only one, but..."

Her face scrunched a bit, trying to think of the right word to describe how she was feeling. Talking was never her strong suit, at least in talking like this. She always boasted or found something interesting to talk about. But this? This was a rare occasion for her. "Honestly...I felt determined seeing you like that. I don't think I could ever be as fast as you, but I want to be able to handle people as fast as you, I guess. But more than that I just want to be stronger."

She turned on her feet, shoving her hands into her pocket as she started to walk backwards. Despite the terrain, she seemed to have a good grasp of it, not once seeming as though she might trip on a loose rock or branch or dip, she just kept on going. "So, I guess, what I am trying to ask is...I want you to train me. Not so much to do everything you do, I know you're an alien and there's differences in what we can do. But I don't think I'll reach your level on my own, which is hard to say because...well, that's pretty much how I got to where I am."

She ended with a heavy sigh, shaking her head and turning back around, now trying to avoid eye contact. "Sorry for the rant, but yeah...that's the gist of it, would ya be down for taking someone under your wing?" She seemed to walk a bit slower, although this was because...well, they were there at the lake's edge. Before them was a large, calm and shimmering lake. A few lily pads and reeds lined the side they stood near. It was a quiet day on the lake, but from their side they could see a few houses line around it. In the middle of the lake there lay a small island, a fog eerily creeping around it, though that could've easily been from the morning's mist.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. April 4th 2022, 9:18 pm

Yang couldn’t help but let out a small snort. Watching Melody struggle like this was kind of entertaining. “Im going to have to pump the breaks on you right there. You should not be comparing yourself to me. Not to sound arrogant or anything, but we’re just built different. If you go measuring yourself by how you stack up to others you’ll never improve.” Yang couldn’t help but interject, but that was the truth. She may have spent years training with her mother, but a lot of her power came naturally. She was born with it, and for anyone to try to compare themselves to that strength was futile.

She’d remain silent as she waited for Melody to speak, hoping her previous outburst didn’t break her train of thought. The two would continue to walk as Melody eventually got around to asking the question she was struggling to hard to ask. As the two came to a stop at the waters edge Yang would sit in silence for a moment. She stared out over the calm lake that the homes on the far side. She had never really thought about ever teaching or training others. She had lead a relatively solitary life when it came to the whole hero thing. Hell she still saw herself as a student, given that her mother had left so long ago.

“Honestly I wouldn’t know where to start. I know nothing about your powers and what I’ve been taught may not even apply in this situation.” She’d glance over at Melody from the corner of her eye. That initial statement sounded like an outright refusal and she felt she needed to correct that. After all as she had just mentally noted, she was still learning herself, so why couldn’t training someone else just be a learning experience to.

“I’m willing to give it a shot and teach you what I can, but ultimately it’ll fall to you to make the improvements yourself. There’s no guarantee, you know that yeah? Likewise you can’t beat yourself up just cause there are others stronger than you. A lesson I learned from my mom. There will always be someone stronger. So just do your best and give each and every attempt your all to keep those you care about, safe.”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 April 9th 2022, 10:13 am

Once again, Melody rolled her eyes, not annoyed but she felt as though the point was driven home well enough. She considered once more, determined to convey what she meant. "Yeah, I know we're built different, I think I said that, but..." She made a face as she stared out over the lake. Her eyes had locked on the creepy island, although her mind was elsewhere. "I know we're built different and I guess that's the point. I'm not comparing myself to you, but rather...you can do something I can't do. If you come at me full speed I might be able to land a hit or two...but between your strength and speed, I'll lose." She said that matter-of-factly, at least fighting was something she could speak with a bit confidence and knowledge.

She gave a small shake of her head, "I know there's always going to be someone stronger and I guess that's the point. I feel like lately I've hit a stopgap. I haven't been able to push myself as much as I used to. I need someone stronger to help push that a bit more. Fighting with you, I think I already managed to learn something new about my power, so I wanna see how else you could push me." She wasn't sure how to finish that part. She knew hero work often met with the same end...so few heroes actually retired by choice in this profession, if any even got that far. There were plenty of heroes who met their end before even making an impact.

"Thank you, I know it'll fall to me to make improvements, but if I don't train against someone who is better than I'll really start to fall behind. And I know all the risks, and I'm not beating myself up over it. I just have a hard time asking for help is all." She admitted, now rubbing the back of her head, averting her gaze. She was a hero, after all, they were supposed to do the helping, not ask for the help. "But still, thank you, whatever ya put me through or however ya help, I appreciate it in advance, I know it's a lot to take on...especially with me...so thank you." She mumbled that middle part, but otherwise she had spoken with more of her usual confidence and demeanor.

"Anyways..." She said, quickly segwaying away from thanks and sappiness. "You can fly, right? Wanna carry me over to that island and I can tell you about my power on the way over."
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. April 12th 2022, 1:04 am

Yang would give Melody a playful punch on the arm despite saying that she wasn’t beating herself up over the whole situation, she clearly didn’t enjoy asking for help like this. “Lighten up. We’re on vacation. Asking for help isnt a weakness its a strength. A willingness to show that you want to improve. And I will do my absolute best.” A bit of the pot calling the kettle black in this instance as Yang always took things upon herself. With the kind of strength she had, she could deal with everything on her own right? Perhaps taking Melody under her wing would teach her otherwise. There was even something Melody said that gave Yang pause.

As far as Yang knew she was the strongest around. She had never once met someone else in combat that overpowered her or pushed her to her limits. If there was no one out there to offer her a challenge and push her past her limits, then could she truly say she was ready for anything? A lingering trace of doubt, but one Yang would be eager to test if the time every arrived for it. She’d quickly be snapped from her train of thought as Melody asked for a lift.

Yang’s cheeks would suddenly turn flushed, just ever so slightly. She had never given anyone a ride so to speak and for whatever reason she felt embarrassed out of nowhere. Yang opened her mouth to speak but found herself tripping over her own words and thoughts before finally turning her back to Melody and pointing to her with her thumb over her shoulder. “Y-yeah, j-just hop on!” She’d wait for Melody to leap onto her back, a situation that would lead to Yang turning an even brighter shade of red. She’d do her best to keep her face and expression hidden from her friend.

Once Melody was holding on tight, Yang would wrap her arms around Melody’s legs, in a basic piggy back carry and cautiously ascend into the air. She’d try to take her time flying over to the island so she could hear everything Melody had to say about her powers.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 April 23rd 2022, 12:45 pm

Melody smiled, chuckling at the punch to her shoulder, seeming to get back to her normal self with the gesture. While she didn’t make eye contact, not right away at least, she returned the arm punch and rolled her eyes, “Yeah yeah…I hear ya, I’ll ease up.” She paused for a moment, wondering if she should go on, and then let out a small, quiet breath. “And uh…thanks…thank you. I appreciate it, Yang, I owe ya one for this, even if ya say I don’t. There’s no getting out it now.” She said, giving Yang’s side a small nudge with her elbow, now deadest determined to find some way to repay Yang for whatever training they’d go through.

Despite her usual keen eyes and rather observant habits, all honed through hero work, Melody didn’t seem to catch the sudden change on her friend’s face. She didn’t see the blush or how Yang flustered at the prospect. Unlike her friend, she didn’t seem at all bothered or shy by the concept. At Yang’s word, Melody was on her back, holding on tight and ready to take off without a second thought of it, not seeming to consider how this could look to an outside party. To her, this was just a ride, she had carried other people like this before…though mainly kids when she was doing public events, but occasionally an adult when they needed quick evac from somewhere.

It grew slowly on Mel’s face, but soon was beaming with excitement as the two soared through the air. The sensation of flying wasn’t unlike that of her hops, fast, bounding motions through the air as you propelled forward. Flying, hopping, the two were so similar, and yet…this was more. This felt different and she wasn’t sure why, but the grin on her face was wide and she actually laughed in joy at it. “Ha! This incredible!” She exclaimed, unsure how else to explain it.

“Oh! Right, sorry! My power!” She suddenly snapped to attention, having almost completely forgotten about their prior conversation. “Basically, as I move around I build up energy that both shields me and that I can release in power bursts! I basically store up kinetic energy! Also, I got the rabbit stuff going on, making me quicker and a bit more aware of stuff around me.” She thought for a second, adjusting her grip on Yang’s shoulders. “I got that new thing I wanna demo, but also I guess if I was to have a special technique or something I can change the way I absorb energy and instead use my bloodflow to build kinetic energy at a much quicker rate, though doing it long much causes me to overheat and pass out. And that about sums it up, I think. I don’t really have a limit, at least none that I’ve reached, I can use the kinetic energy to also propel me at quick speeds, so I can move faster as you saw. Uh…yeah, that’s it I think.”
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down