The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Down Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Down Time - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDown Time - Page 2 I_voting_barDown Time - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Down Time - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDown Time - Page 2 I_voting_barDown Time - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Down Time

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: Down Time

Post by Nate6595 February 22nd 2021, 2:48 am

Melody gave an absent nod at request, but smiled nonetheless. She began to cut the veggies, soon placing them on the grill to give it a bit more of a kick. Bacon followed while the burgers cooked. The air was filled with the scent of a good old fashion barbeque, something that seemed to come easy to the young hero. She handled the cooking without being taken away from the conversation either, her ears occasionally flicking at the sound of popping the burger grease occasionally gave off.

With those ears, however, she did pick up on the sigh and the tone of…well, lack of interest. The notion caused one of the ears to falter a bit, a bit embarrassed she was touching on a topic that maybe she shouldn’t have been digging into. She’d have to change that if she wanted to continue with the good impressions. Still, she listened keenly to what Yang said, keeping that polite and warm grin on her face, honestly quite interested in what she had to say. It was often she met an alien, let alone an alien from Earth. The thought alone made her head hurt a bit, but what was one to expect when dealing with this kind of thing.

She gave a small nod, smirking now. “Well, if I ever see a bad one, I’ll knock ‘em in your direction so you can deal with him or her personally. Though, I will say it’s nice that some folk up above in space are looking after us small folk down here. Though, I suppose that does bring of the question as to…why?” Damn, that was another question about her race, she wanted to change gears from that. Still, there were so many questions that ran through her head, so many things she wanted to know. The idea of fighting an evil Overseer also appealed to her, she always wanted to prove herself against strong folk. Even though she had a good chance of sparring Yang here, an unrestrained, no holds barred fight with one would be quite the event. Perhaps even too much…

She would consider that later though. For now, she gave another shake of her head. “Ah, don’t gotta answer that! I am more curious about you, honestly. What other stuff ya get up to, ya know, besides hero stuff. You’re always welcome to bum around me if you’re in the area and looking for something to do. Same goes if ya ever wanna team up again, it was real nice having someone to go through a whole ordeal we faced.”

Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. February 24th 2021, 12:53 am

“Me and my big dumb mouth.” Yang thought to herself. For someone who wasn’t to fond of her kind, she sure didn’t mind talking about them. Guess it was an inward desire to actually talk about things. Things she’d never told anyone before. As it stood there was an extremely small pool of people who had any idea what she was. It just felt right to be open with Melody. The two did fight side by side and the young woman seemed trust worthy. Someone Yang could call a friend.

“Its…Its fine really. I get it. Not every day you’re presented with the chance to learn about this sort of thing.” She glanced away from Melody for a moment and rubbed the back of her neck. How the hell was she going to summarize the existence of the Overseers and their ‘mission’. “Hmm how best to summarize things. Lets see. The most basic way I can put it, is simply its how we were designed? Someone or something, created us with the sole purpose of being a safeguard of some kind. We merely took to our goal a little to serious and continued to grow and evolve to better carry out that goal.”

Yang didn’t want to get into specifics. As a matter of fact, she didn’t really know the full story or see the bigger picture herself. On top of that, there was the fear of information overload. Say to much and she could completely lose Melody all together. There was a slight moment of reprieve as Yang’s focus sifted to a more comfortable subject, herself. “Ah well, my life is kinda boring. My father put me in charge of the family company hoping it would take my mind off other things, and keep me busy. But the truth is, I sneak out of the office a lot.” she let out a small mischievous chuckle. “He and for that matter, the company, really don’t need me micro managing the hell out of it. Business pretty much runs itself. So I’m always free to just duck out and do my own thing.”

“What about you? Any hobbies or daily mundane routine you busy yourself with to fill the void between being and hero and all that?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2019-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 March 22nd 2021, 2:01 am

That word seemed to get a bit of a perk from Melody, her ears seeming to straighten slightly. "Designed". That had a whole lot of implications about the creation of a species and higher power entities, things that were...well, seeing as how strong Yang was, it seemed nearly impossible and it made Mel feel very very very small in that moment. Of course, this also made her feel as though as she had to get stronger, and the urge to spar with Yang seemed to strengthen. She had to get better, for she didn't want anything in the universe to danger this tiny planet, she wanted to be a hero who could stop anything. At least the evolution part seemed natural and for that she could understand a bit more. Not entirely, she wasn't a scientist, but she had enough of an education to understand the concept of it.

As Yang started to go on about hobbies, Mel plated the burger with all the toppings and held it out to her with a smile, and then went back to cooking hers which was just about ready as well. She chuckled along with Yang, shaking her head a bit and relating more than Yang would know. She snuck out more than once for...reasons when she was younger, though now that she was older most of the sneaking around entailed stuff like this, a vacation from hero work. If anyone had known about this place, she'd have to give it up.

With her burger done, Mel went over to sit on the railing of the deck, grinning a bit at her new friend. "What I do? Honestly, mainly hero stuff and all the publicity that comes with it. I got a few products with my name and image on it, toys and clothing mainly, a lot of training gear too. I ain't really all for that, but the fans like it and it seems to boost morale in people, so I figure it ain't hurting anyone." She thought for a bit, gently kicking her legs, "Let's see...I have a...what would you call it...he's basically a sidekick or...a trainee? A young guy, not to young, but a hero like me. Odd is his name, he makes portals and his skin can turn all black and stuff, like the night sky. Its pretty cool and he could probably make it on his own, but he insisted for so long that I help train him and there's a lot that can be done with his help. We make a good team, you'd like him. He ain't the brightest, but he's pretty sweet and is a great hero." She never realized how fondly she could speak of him, "He's got a lot of aspects honestly I'd like as a hero, fame never appealed to him and he just is a hero because he says its the right thing to do. But a lot of time is spent training him."

She considered a bit more, thinking of what exactly she did. Had it really been so long since she had a normal life with normal hobbies. "I got a sister too, I train with her. A lot of training in my life. But my sister is a lot stronger than me, though heroing isn't for her. She's more of the type to...beat up people who annoy her." She shrugged, snickering a bit, before taking a few more bites of her burger. "A lot of my times goes into hero work, but that's why I come up here, to break from it and just recoop mentally, ya know? I used to party a lot, and drink, all that stuff to unwind, but after Odd became my sidekick I started to break away from that and do more stuff like this." He hadn't realized she had talked so long, but...well, she never knew how to keep her mouth shut. "Of course, even if this is a vacation I do certainly wanna do some more training and get that spar in with ya. See how I can compare, ya know?"
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Job : Student
Humor : Everything!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. March 22nd 2021, 4:30 am

“I believe the word you’re looking for is protege?” Yang would slightly interject before allowing Melody to continue. As her companion spoke, Yang helped herself to the burger Melody had handed her. One bite was enough to warrant a muffled ‘oomp’. She had, had plenty of burgers before, but there was just something about a home cooked one, done over the open flame of a barbecue that made it taste all that more incredible. The young Overseer did her best not to attack the burger like a rabid beast, but the one bite was enough to get her to bury her face in it while Melody finished speaking.

It was quite nice hearing Melody speak so fondly of her sidekick as she called him. It must be nice having someone you could train with everyday and rely on in a pinch. Yang didn’t have anyone like that in her life. The closest thing was her dad, who had done his best to foster Yang’s heroic nature and upbringing, but this was different. This was a companion. A friend Melody could fight side by side with and trust in. It was nice, and Yang silently thought about if she’d ever come to have someone like that. She was shaken out of her melancholy as Melody then brought up her older sister.

“Stronger than you?” Yang’s curiosity peaked a bit. Always and ever on the lookout for ways and things to test her might against. “That’s quite the compliment considering the strength I’ve seen you exhibit. Still, there’s always room for improvement. There’s no doubt in my mind you could surpass her if you put your mind to it!” Yang would say with a childish grin.

All this talk of strength and sparring was really getting Yang pumped up. Hell she almost felt like jumping to it right this moment. She’d have to rein herself back in a bit. The two had already decided that tonight was time to unwind and chill after the mess they had just gone through. The sparring match would have to wait till tomorrow. “Im looking forward to it. Hopefully we don’t do any unexpected landscaping while we’re at it.” She’d say with a playful chuckle, knowing full well one of them was bound to just cut loose by accident tomorrow.

Yang would finish off her burger, quickly patting down her face to make sure she hadn’t gotten any ketchup or juices all over her face. Despite her upbringing, she was quite the quick and messy eater. Last thing she wanted to do was seem like a complete barbarian in front of her new friend.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 March 30th 2021, 5:22 pm

Melody snapped and pointed a finger at Yang, nodding with an appreciative grin. “Protégé, nailed it.” God, it was the worst when a word just escaped ya. Melody hated that. She was never good with words. She had a knack for appeasing the PR and shit talking criminals, but giving speeches and being fancy with words? Nah, that certainly wasn’t for her. Protégé was also one of those fancier sounding words, it was right, but it was a bit too fancy for her normal diction.

Mel gave another nod, “Yeah. Much stronger, actually. I don’t know if I need to beat her, though. She ain’t trying to compete with me. And vice versa. We’ll spar here and there, but after twenty-seven fights I have only managed to get a single draw, the rest are losses. The draw was because she had a broken arm.” She laughed at this, something funny about the situation to her. Perhaps it was because it was her sister and she knew how she was…how she acted.

Melody gave another nod, bot for a moment she looked at Yang, sizing her up, trying to figure something out. It was a judgmental or bad look, but there was a question on her expression. “Say…what do you wanna do? I mean…not tonight or hanging here, but…you said you had your down time to do stuff for fun and whatnot, but like…you’re a hero and your entire species seems like they are based on a similar principle. But I guess…what I am trying to get at…do ya have any goals or aspirations? Anything you’re working to? Do you wanna do what you do? Or has there ever been any other draws for you?” She slumped forward a bit, a small grin, and her head resting in an open palm.

“I mean, I always wanted to be the best at what I did. Either in boxing or heroing, that’s what drives me forward, but from what ya said before…you said designed to protect folks, well…you seem to have a good deal of free will, have ya ever wanted to try something else or…something?” There wouldn’t be any form of judgement in her tone, solely curiosity. “And! If you ever wanted to do something else and your pops was stopping ya-” She rose an arm and flexed, “I can knock some sense into him for ya.”
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. April 2nd 2021, 2:47 am

What an odd question, Yang thought. She’d like to think that she could ponder several answers that all sounded deep and meaningful, but that wasn’t really her style. She’d look back to Melody, give a slight chuckle and shrug of her shoulders. “We all have our own right to do as we want. Being good and helping others out has nothing to do with my heritage or not. Even if I didn’t have these powers I’d still like to help people. The powers just make it easier.” She paused a moment to stretch, twisting her upper body back and forth a few times to loosen up her back.

“I honestly don’t have any goals. I’d rather just live in the moment. Do things as they come up. See where my whims may take me. And I don’t think I’d have to worry about my dad in that department.” The young Overseer would plop herself down on the sofa before returning her attention back to Melody. “When I said we were designed to protect people, I didn’t mean that it was like hard coded into our DNA or anything. As a matter of fact, a lot of our kind have all deviated from our original purpose in some way. It just so happens that our People evolved into something greater than our kin. So we’re more than willing to make up our own minds and choose our own paths. Mine just so happens to be having a good time.” she said with a slight chuckle and a playful wink.

There was obviously plenty of things that occupied Yang’s attention throughout any moment of the day. She took her training seriously so that she could be strong enough to protect those she cared about, as well as being able to face any challenge that might come her way. She also did really enjoy helping her father with his work, even if she did dip out of the office frequently to go party or beat up baddies in an alleyway. Yang liked her life the way it was. There was just enough organization to keep her sane, and just enough chaos to keep things from becoming stale or boring.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 April 2nd 2021, 2:58 am

Melody gave a nod, and for a moment felt twinge of guilt in her stomach. Wanting to help people without powers…that was something that she never really thought about. Before this she was a boxer and only became a hero because she gained the powers. She never really helped anyone prior to this, not in any way that she did now. To some degree, she did wonder, if she was really went at this with the right mindset? No. She was fine, this was fine. She was doing the hero stuff now and that was all that really mattered. The past didn’t matter, nope. It didn’t have any sort of pull on who she was now at all.

As Yang went on Mel gave a few nods, going along with what she said and there seemed to be something of relief passing over her. She was glad it wasn’t a position forced upon her new friend, as anything forced upon anyone always didn’t sit well with Melody and after Yang had finished she was smiling all the brighter. She gave a firm thumbs up. “Ey, nice, I am glad to hear that’s the case then. And here I was worried I’d have to beat up your old man, I don’t want to imagine how tough that guy is, especially if he raised you.”

She put her fist into an open palm and cracked her knuckled, also feeling relief that she wouldn’t have to fight another super powerful person like that. Sparring a friend was one thing, smacking up a being of power she could fathom was another. “I can understand wanting to live for a good time, living in the moment! When I was a boxer I did that a lot. As a hero…I still do that, but with more subtly than I did when I was a boxer. So long as I won fights it didn’t matter too much what I did in my free time. Now that I am a hero I feel restrained a bit in terms of what I can do.” She grinned wide, “Though, if you’re ever in New York hit me up, we can go clubbing.”

It was Melody’s turn to stretch up and twist an arm. She let out a small yawn, “So…I know this vacation and all, but I did wanna ask…” She started, still coming out of that yawn. “What did you make of everything that went on the other day? That was pretty crazy, right? Not the usual thing I tackle, glad I did, but still…that was all bit too much info for me. I’m more of the brute force type, so I’d love your take on the situation that went down.” She asked this all rather casually, not looking to poke any sensitive points, but still curious to see what the Overseer had to make of it.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. April 5th 2021, 3:01 am

Yang let out a loud chuckle as Melody fathomed the possibility of fighting Yang’s father, and him being some super powerful being. She couldn’t have been so wrong in her imagination. “HA! Believe me, my dad wouldn’t put up much of a fight. He’s just a plain ole dude. It’s my mother you’d have to worry about…” Her voice trailed off for a moment. No matter how much she didn’t want to talk about her mom, she either kept bringing it up, or the conversation called for it. She’d wipe the slight pain from her heart and crack a smile back to Melody.

“That all being said, I definitely feel like I get my urge to help people from my dad. Despite him not having any powers of his own, he’s dedicated his life to helping others. Its why he started his company and why he does what he does. A true altruist if you’d ask me. That’s why I said, even if I didn’t have powers I’d still try to find a way to help out as best I could.” She grinned widely before nodding to Melody’s offer of hanging out some time if she ever went to New York. “I’ve actually got family in New York that I’ve never met. My dad’s brother, who is a meta, and his daughter, my cousin. So I’ll definitely take you up on that offer when I decided to go visit them.”

And that was that for the lighthearted talk, at least for now. The subject had been changed to the events of yesterday. The creep lab, the nasty monsters that came after them, and that strange FBI agent. Even up to now, her father hadn’t gotten back to her with any information. She had called him the moment she got to the hotel that night and had gone over a lot of the details with him.

“I honestly can’t make heads or tails of it to be honest. A lot of that lab was thrashed when we got there. We didn’t even explore much of it either.” Yang took a moment to pause and think. The whole situation didn’t feel right. If anything she’d like to sneak back in there and see if she could uncover anything herself. Problem was, the place was no doubt crawling with federal agents by now. That being said, there was no guarantee they’d be as thorough in their search as Yang would. “I’d like to go and give the place a once over at some point. There’s no doubt in my mind that we missed something there that could help shed some light on the whole thing. They seemed like they were in a hurry to leave and get rid of the place. Which makes me think there’s still something there.” She said, thinking about the nuke they tried to drop on the underground facility.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 May 31st 2021, 3:19 am

Mel’s expression had faltered a bit, now knowing that Yang’s father would not put up much of a fight. It was good that he was…well, good, but she always wanted a good fight. The prospect of her mother, however, did seem to revive some of that eagerness, her ears perking up ever so slightly. Not that something like that would ever happen, she doubted that an overseer, as Yang described them, would be something that she’d get the chance to fight. Yang’s mother would probably decline such a challenge or be busy protecting the earth or something.

Still, it was good to know that Yang’s family was kind and good to her. It was a nice precursor to the more serious chat that they she had led them into. There were too many questions about the facility to rightly be satisfied with how things ended up. An organization like that couldn’t be taken down in a single night by two people who didn’t even know what the organization was, what they were doing, or what all those monsters were. This was probably something much…much bigger. Still, it may have been out of their hands as it stood. The federal agent, the one that Mel still didn’t care for, probably wouldn’t like them snooping around, but Yang did bring up a good point.

She sighed, rubbing her head with both hands. She was annoyed with the situation but nodded. “Yeaaaaaaaaah…yeah. No, I agree. I do want to get back there and see what it is like, but the idea of the feds being there doesn’t bode well. Heroes have enough trouble working with feds and sticking our nose too far into these sorts of things can certainly lead to some serious trouble. Still, been a while since I’ve done any sort of stealth mission.” She gave a small shrug, “I do want to figure out what happened. I’m also worried that, well…we weren’t really subtle in our approach. Do you think we…ya know? Caught the eye of anyone in there? We could’ve like…put a hit on ourselves by doing that…they could, I don’t know…send some of those monsters after us? Could try and lure us out with ‘em or something, put us in a trap?” Her imagination was running a bit wild here, though she didn’t seem all that panicked or stressed. It all came rather matter of factly, as if she was rather used to the circumstance.

She offered a grin over to Yang, shrugging a bit. “Not much we can do about though, huh?” She stretched her arms, “So! What ya wanna do? Food done and we got the whole evening ahead of us, still pretty early but after everything I wouldn’t blame ya if ya wanna call it early and get a early start to tomorrow! Got plenty to do! Hiking, town, sparring, boating, the world is our oyster.”
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. June 2nd 2021, 5:12 pm

“Heh. Whats wrong with that? I’d love another crack at those monsters. I was just getting warmed up when we put that last one down.” she said with a slight smirk before rubbing the back of her head. “Either way, I am definitely going back in there at some point. There’s no way they cleaned the whole place out completely. And something tells me that with how fast the feds moved in, they might be in on it.” She took a moment to pause, she had her suspicions that the agent they helped out was in someway involved to, but it was entirely possible they were working for a rival party.

“All that being said, I doubt they would come after us. That would only expose them further.” Yang would give a reassuring wink to Melody before looking around the cabin, what to do, what to do. “To be honest Im not quite tired. Though I also don’t have much need for sleep.” The young woman would plop down beside Melody. She’d let out a sigh and turn her gaze to the ceiling as she thought. “Did you have anything in mind?”

Perhaps getting some rest wasn’t a bad idea. Then again what was Yang to do? Not like she needed to sleep. She wasn’t tired in the slightest either. She began thinking about how she could wait til Melody was asleep and then sneak outside to train or something. Though that would be incredibly rude in hindsight.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 June 16th 2021, 2:35 am

She stretched her arms up at that one, “Ain’t nothing wrong with it, honestly. Nothing makes me feel more like a hero when I’m beating up monsters, but the problem I got is if they send it after us the collateral damage to public areas, ya know?” She opened her arms up and gave a bit of a wider shrug, “It’d be like…if you were getting shot by missiles, you wouldn’t fly into a city to try and dodge ‘em or whatever. I can certainly take more of ‘em, but I just don’t want to see them in the city or anything like that.”

Melody gave a small yawn and rubbed the back of her head. “Usually when I’m moving about and so forth the energy I generate can keep me awake, but still does the body good to sleep. It’s like staying awake on caffeine or something, ya know?” She patted around the couch and pull out a remote. “I am down to watch movies until I pass out, and then we can get up to more junk tomorrow. Though, I want ya to think about what you wanna do! You’re my guest, I’m supposed do what you wanna do, ya know? At least that’s what mom taught me.”

Mel leaned back into the couch, grinning wide at Yang. With a click of a button, the TV flicked on and soon Mel was flipping through channels. “Just tell me if any sort of movie catches the eye and I’ll put it on!” And from there, Melody would flip through channels until they decided on something, and after two or three, she would finally pass out on the couch, allowing Yang to do whatever she wanted for the rest of the evening!

When morning arrived, it came with a cool and gentle breeze. The sun’s heat became pleasant mixed with the breeze and the few clouds that drifted over the sky provided the lake with spots of shade. Unlike their venture a few nights ago, it was quiet, the peaceful kind of quiet that one could get quite used to. When Melody finally woke up, it’d be around ten, not feeling the tad bit guilty about sleeping in a bit. It was her vacation after all.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. June 20th 2021, 10:17 pm

Yang thought about what Melody had said. It was true, doing combat of any kind in a populated area was always a big risk. It was also something Yang always seemed to put in the back of her mind. Most cases where she had to do any combat, was mainly against thugs and they didn’t pose much of a threat to the environment around them, at least not when focused on Yang. That being said, if this faceless organization did send any beasts after the two heroes, Yang doubted it would be in a public place. With a slight shrug to that, Yang would plop down on the couch next to Melody and recline into it.

They’d flip through several channels until deciding on a movie, which would then turn into several more. At which point sleep had finally claimed her new friend. With a slight smirk, Yang would quietly and cautiously rise from the couch. She’d look around the cabin a bit before finding a small throw blanket to drape over Melody. Now then what was she to do? She looked around the cabin, hands on her hips, thinking of things she could do to pass time. And almost as if the universe was taunting her, the young overseer let out a yawn.

With a slight chuckle Yang would resign herself to fate. Settling back down on the couch, she’d roll up into a ball on the opposite end of Melody and would pass out. Sleep for the young woman was nothing but a short nap. Yang would find herself waking up a few hours later as the sun was beginning to peak over the horizon. The morning sunlight washed over the treetops of the surrounding forest enhancing the hues of the green, gold, and orange leaves. It was a sight Yang hand’t quite experienced in her life growing up in the city.

Deciding she wanted to enjoy this, she’d figure out how to manage the coffee machine to brew a fresh pot. Several minutes later, with a mug in hand, Yang floated out to the lakeside. A small blanket of morning fog rolled over the lakes still surface. With a smile on her face, Yang would take in a whiff of the fresh morning air before taking the first sip of her coffee. “I could get used to this. Just leave everything in dads hands and disappear into the woods. Only come out when the world needed me. Heh” she joked to herself.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 July 7th 2021, 4:25 am

When sun finally came out and touched upon the small house on the lake, Melody was sprawled over the couch, snoring lightly. It took no time at for Melody to take the free space once Yang had awoken and left the couch herself. She was relatively quiet throughout the night, but there was that faint noise she made when she slept. Thankfully, and perhaps unexpected for someone who was part rabbit, she didn’t kick in her sleep and while Yang slept, for the short time that she did, she would sleep relatively undisturbed.

It was early when she awoke, the sun had risen and shown down upon the autumn day. A cool breeze flowed through an open window and drifted down upon Mel’s face which caused her to wrinkle her nose. When she sat up, she nearly forgot where she was, and she gave a quick glance around the room. That was right, vacation. She looked around a bit more, rubbing some sleep from her eyes and as she searched for her new friend who had joined her. She had nearly forgotten about that part and when she realized that she was longer here she decided it was probably best to actually get up.

Her head was mess, hair ruffled and her ears flopped over. There was no part of her that carried the usual heroic nature or determination that was her norm. It didn’t take long to find Yang, it was a small house, and when she did, she gave a lazy wave. “Good morning…” She yawned out, bringing a hand up to cover her mouth. She moved over next to her friend and rested a hand on her shoulder as she leaned forward and looked over the scene. She gave a small nod, “Ah, nice, right?” She looked over back to Yang with a sleepy grin, “Used to come here as a kid all the time and nothing beats this.”

She patted her arm before removing the hand and then leaned forward on the railing, crossing her arms as she looked back out over it. “So! Buddy! What ya wanna do today? What ya wanna get up to today?” She looked over and grinned, “After I wake up a bit we could start with that spar and see where that takes us?”

Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. August 24th 2021, 3:45 am

Yang knew it was only a matter of time before Melody woke up. And the moment the young woman stirred from her sleep, Yang could feel it. Those slight ripples through the energy all around them. Yang’s content grin would remain on her face as Melody approached. “Yeah, its quite the sight.” Yang would respond as Melody settled in next to her. She’d take another sip of her coffee, her gaze still fixated on the lake and its calm waters. The sun had risen just a bit more in the time it took Melody to join Yang on the porch and the light layer of fog had dissipated.

The young Overseer tilted her head as she thought about what to do on this wondrous vacation of theirs. Melody only need speak the words, and Yang grew excited. No matter how relaxing this vacation was supposed to be, any mention of sparring or combat of any kind was bound to rile her up. With a coy grin, she’d look to Melody, from the corner of her eye. “You really know how to speak my language.” she’d let out a slight chuckle.

“That being said, I’m feelin pretty laid back. So I’m down for whatever” She’d sip her coffee some more before looking over the woods that surrounded the cabin. “Ever been out there? Like actually explored the woods around here?” she’d say, motioning to the trees with her coffee mug. A small hike to explore the area seemed like something Yang would be interested in, that was of course after the two had their little sparring match.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 August 26th 2021, 1:56 am

Melody gave a shake of her head. “Nah, there’s an uphill trail I usually walk on, used to train there…jogging up and back down. Though, these days, it’s more of leisure hike rather than an intense workout.” She flashed a grin back at her buddy, giving a nod. “Don’t think anyone goes out that way either, so we’d be clear if we found a spot to fight out there.” She seemed to be on the same wavelength as Yang and her thoughts, also anxious for a good fight. “Should be nice though. Just give me a moment to get changed, yeah?”

With that, Mel downed the rest of her coffee, not even flinching at the sudden surge of caffeine, and went off inside. After a few moments she returned, fully dressed in more easy clothes, a fit top, a pair of special made shoes, and some sweatpants. Workout clothes, essentially, made specially for her so they wouldn’t break with ease. With a few rolls of her shoulders she gave her companion another nod. “Do you wanna race over there or just take it easy until then.” She pointed down at a dirt path that would eventually lead into the woods. “It’s an old and easy trail, I think, went down it when I was little, but not since then. I think my dad said it led into a clearing or something? Either way, it should suit us fine! Really nice too…wildlife and whatnot.”

She’d already start down the steps, starting towards the path as she talked, a casual stride in her step. Her eyes were forward and for a moment there seemed to be something behind those eyes as she looked into the woods. For a moment, there was something unsettling, but...she couldn’t place what about it. Thoughts of the other night were still there, but they were growing distant. She couldn’t place it though…but for now she shoved it down.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. September 1st 2021, 5:12 am

Yang grinned widely at Melodies enthusiasm for a good spar. And this sort of seemed to kill two birds with one stone. They could go for a nice sceanic hike through the woods, explore their surroundings a bit and take in nature, all while looking for a suitable place for them to spar. As her friend darted back inside to change into more appropriate attire, Yang stretched out her back, leaning side to side. Shed enjoy her coffee a moment longer before Melody finally returned all geared up and ready to go.

Yang couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle at the thought of a race. “You honestly want to challenge me to a race, even after what you saw me do yesterday? It wouldn’t even be fair.” she’d say with a playful smile, as she floated off the cabin’s porch and over to Melodies side. Her feet still hovered ever so slightly off the floor as she moved along the path. Without thinking to much on it Yang found herself floating in a manner akin to laying on her back. Her arms were tucked behind her head and she crossed one leg over the other. He gaze was fixated upwards. She remained like this for a little bit before the tree leaves grew to dense to get a clear view of the morning sky.

She’d rotate back around and finally plant her feet firmly on the ground, her shoes kicking up just the slightest amount of dust as she did. Finally side by side, Yang would focus on Melodies face. Though she did her best to not show it, Yang could tell something was bothering her. The young aeteran would give her companion a light tap on the shoulder. “You’re losing by the way.” Yang would say with a playful chuckle before taking a few quick steps to move out in front of Melody. “In all seriousness though, how did your family come by this place? Do you own all this land?” Her mind wandered on whether or not Melody would let her build a house out here once all was said and done. It would be a great place to escape to when Yang needed a moment to herself.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down