The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Basic Bases I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Basic Bases

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contest Basic Bases

Post by Zonkes July 29th 2020, 1:20 pm

Base Creation Contest

BASIC BASES
END DATE: August 30th, 2020 @ 11:59PM EST

JUDGING END DATE: September 12nd, 2020 @ 11:59PM EST
THEME: Basic"

What are we looking for?

WHAT IS UP PARTY PEOPLE?? It’s ya boy, Julien Carmil and this is BASE RAIDERZ! The only show where we literally break into heroes homes and bases to show the general audience! Who is excited?!

Send us your suspected Batcave, your stark towers, your throne room; and we will show the whole world whatchu got hanging in there!

We’re looking for bases that your characters might have. We don’t mind if it’s for an NPC or a group you want to be represented more in the world, but your base should have the following: detailed descriptions or pictures of the outside of your base, a detailed description of how it functions as a base, a detailed history of how it got built, how it got what it has, etc. we don’t want it to seem like it just popped into existence.
Where should I draw inspiration?

That depends on your character more than anything. A more mystic hero might find inspiration in the sanctum sanctorum of Doctor Strange, while a martial arts centered character might just want a dojo; or an east Asian inspired castle.  

What am I being graded on?

Creativity

Your job is to create a base that, not only is unique, but has a unique history, and functions as not only a base, but as a piece of the world for SHRP.

Concept

The concept is generally diving more deeply into the history of the base. How does the base work? How interesting is the base on paper? How does the base function in SHRP's world?

Execution

This goes without saying that we're looking at the overall application and flow of the application. How interesting it was to read, and how easy it was to understand. Was the history spot on? Did it make sense for the character? Is the base functionable?

Who is grading me and how?

Grading Scale

With the three main components of Creativity, Concept, and Design there will be a grading scale of 1-10. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.

Bonus Points

Bonus points will be handed out based on two categories: Grammar will be graded on a scale of 1-5. 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. Graphics will be graded on a scale of 1 - 3. 1 being you using the basic template, 2 you have an image to describe your base, and 3 being that you made a custom image/a gallery to show off your base.

Judges

The community.

Users that do not wish to participate will be eligible to judge the contest. Reply to this thread below to enter as a participant or as a judge.

What do I get?

1st Place Prize

A sub board dedicated to your base
200 flat XP

2nd Place Prize

150 flat XP

3rd Place Prize

100 flat XP

Participants

50 flat XP

Grading Code

Copy Me!

Code:Select Content

Creativity: 0
 Concept: 0
 Design: 0
 Graphics: 0
 Grammar: 0

The Sheet Code

Code:
[center]
</br>
<div class="villain">
<div class="characterName">BASE NAME</div>

<div class="characterTitle">BASE OWNER</div>

<div class="villain2">
<div class="villainHeader">The Origin</div>

Who founded this base? Why?

<div class="villainHeader">The Looks</div>

What does it look like? Is it hidden in plain sight?

<div class="villainHeader">The Layout</div>

How many rooms does it have? Bathrooms? Weapons room?

<div class="villainHeader">The Purpose</div>

Why was this base created? What is it for?

</div>
</br>
</br>
Application created by [url=http://www.superhero-rpg.com/u117]Chellizard[/url] | This code is open-source and available for free use.
</div>
[/center]

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Last edited by Zonkes on October 1st 2020, 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Contest Re: Basic Bases

Post by ghost July 30th 2020, 8:14 pm

I want to participate. Grovoton is entering the competition.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Avatar image: By Ofelia Generated with AI.
ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 443
Job : Medical, Navy
Humor : Your mom
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga July 30th 2020, 9:16 pm

Rather than just for Dragon Girl, I will try my hand at making a home for the super super heroes with no name. Maybe that will help them finish their characters. Very Happy

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FantasyBound July 30th 2020, 11:46 pm

Hi ho event happy people! I’m going to try and make my one idea from a while back, hopefully work doesn’t get it the way too much!
FantasyBound
FantasyBound
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 149
Job : Gofer
Humor : Eh, I just make a lot of comments and see which one kicks.
Registration date : 2018-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose August 1st 2020, 2:50 am

BASE NAME

rose castle
BASE OWNER

jeannie well technical her daddy but she lives there

The Origin

Who founded this base? Why? belonging to Jeannie's however many greats need to get to medieval time grandpa who was a knight. originally a guard post where he was the commander after it was no longer used for service, was given to Jeannie super duper great-grandpa when he retired from the army by the king as a reward for his years of services.   has been in the family ever since

The Looks

What does it look like? Is it hidden in plain sight?
like a typical mid-evil castle   in surprisingly good shape  as it's been well kept and renovated over the years, recently been made more modern on the inside with appliances and such  but still has some of the classic design to the style, even if the color scheme has become somewhat more chaotic due to Jeannie's  tendencies to randomly  repaint walls and rooms  in new colors she likes on a whim, her daddys experiments often lead to walls needing to be replaced to
The Layout

How many rooms does it have? Bathrooms? Weapons room?
so what hard to tell as new secret passages leading to new rooms are always popping up Jeannie has found many rooms they didn't know they had when sleepwalking.  of the knowledge areas it has plenty of bedrooms having originally been used to house an army this comes in handy when Jeannie's super friends need a place to stay, it also has a kitchen, bathrooms dining room things one would expect a house to have Jeannie also turned one room into an arcade/ game room and a movie theater one cause all saving the world and no play makes a sad Jeannie. the special area's in it one wouldn't find in a normal house.  

well as normal as a castle can be as a house. include the dungeon basement area being rebuilt to serve as jennies daddys lab where he conducts experiments and stores various inventions of his.  the armory while still having some swords and shields on the walls for decoration has been repurposed to house jennies more modern armaments having storage, workbenches and a firing range all she needs for maintaining her bad guy getting stuff, grandpa was happy to see his old war room get some use again.  a garage area that is divided between her daddy antique car collection housed in one area.  

and a verity of modified spy gadget load vehicles Jeannie might have use for on her many missions,  a helipad has been placed in one of the castle towers which has been modified open and let a helicopter go in and out.  because every superhero needs one Jeannie built a Batcave type room with computers and stuff to keep in eye on who needs to be saved and where bad guys are popping up.    one more change Jeannie made was to the stable area originally just for keeping horses, it fell out of use in modern times.    Jeannie first used it to keep ponies cause princess need ponies as well as keeping stuff for her puppies and kitties,

Jeannie is quite the animal lover going as far as making rooms for her pet out of some of the spare bedrooms,    she also expanded the stable area into a full animal shelter so she could carry for any stray lost animals she might come across animals need heroes too she thinks.

The Purpose

Why was this base created? What is it for?
it has been used for many things over the years, for kights to guard borders, a place to stay during there travels, from there it was mostly a family home during world war 2  jennies grandpa a  SAS  officer and his unit used it as a base for there operations possibly where all the secret tunnels came from.  most recently it has gone back to being home and lab  Jeannie's daddy liked working from home so he could spend more time with family. with   Jeannie becoming a superhero it's back a  secret base for her and animal shelter. guess it's a home for hero's  is what it's for

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

so do we post the thingy about our base here? if so here's mine Very Happy
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Number of posts : 2488
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof August 22nd 2020, 2:33 am

Reminder I am in this contest I guess.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Contest Virtue Point

Post by Nate6595 August 30th 2020, 3:53 am

Vigil Academy
Melody Potts

The Origin

Virtue Point is a small island that can be found in the Long Island sound and is approximately eight miles long and four miles wide with roughly thirty-five miles of coastline. It was originally found by English Colonists aboard The Virtue, a large trading ship. The island held a small town for early years, though was burned down after the revolutionary war. It wasn’t fully established again until the early sixteen hundreds when it acted as the home to a small port town. In the early twentieth century a large portion of the land was bought up by the Northwell family, a wealthy family who owned a series of trading ships that imported many goods to America.  

Virtue Point, at that point, was handed down the family line, all of which followed in their descendants’ path in trade, though also expanding into advocates of the Meta community and producing specialized products for Metas. Eventually, the Northwell family managed to buy up the rest of island and were its sole inhabitants and a small community of the family’s helpers and groundskeepers.

The island, however, would soon serve a new purpose. While the family’s manor still stands the island has been donated to a small conglomerate of heroes who have now repurposed the island to be the grounds for a school and training course for heroes, as well as the headquarters of a department which deploys heroes to different dangerous sites across the world. The academy is now known as Vigil Academy, School for Heroes.  

The Looks

Virtue Point is a rather known location, a large and sizable locations, and the building of Vigil Academy has only bolstered its popularity. The school’s colors are a deep blue, a steely white, and a bright yellow and its sigil is a white and yellow V. On the sizable island there are seven places of note, all of which are important to the school’s functioning. These locations include: the student dorms, the academy grounds, Vigil’s Watch, the Virtue Arena, the Northwell manor house, the training grounds, and the power station.

Student Dorms: Comprised of two man buildings, the first, second, and third year dorm, and the fourth year and up dorm. Each dorm house can hold around three hundred and fifty people each, and each is equipped with dining halls, a few different lounges, two different gyms, a medical department, a security department, and escape tunnels.

The Academy Grounds: A large building where most of the classes are held! It is the largest building on the island and considered the safest location next to the dorm houses. The academy is equipped with over eighty classrooms, twenty lecture halls, three mechanic shops, four laboratories, three libraries, three large gymnasiums, an auditorium, a track and field, facilities for teachers, a security and medical department, and sizable escape tunnels.

Vigil’s Watch: The hero department and deployment facility on the island built atop a cove. Those who graduate the school have an option, if they do well, to become members of Vigil. The building is equipped with vehicle garage, a monitoring system, personalized rooms for the members, an armory, a mechanic shop, a lab, a conference room, an observatory, and a lounge.

Virtue Arena: A large arena where events are held, both for sporting, welcoming and closing ceremonies, and can act as an emergency evacuation area if they need perform an evacuation of a highly populated area. The arena can fit over sixty thousand people and its roof can open and close. The central field can open and raise up a stone arena for sparring events.

Northwell Manor: The Northwell’s private estate where its sole heir resides. Mr. Northwell acts as the main source of income for Vigil Academy, both as a donator and promoter for other sources of donations, being a man of many connections. He often hosts private parties for the upper classmen, private donators, and high-class heroes.  

Old Virtue Training Grounds: The original town that was built on the island, however it has been repurposed to act as a sort of training ground for students to practice field work as heroes. Many of the buildings are either empty or are equipped with “obstacles” to help students prepare for intense situations.

Power Station: The power station acts as the island’s main source of power, though it uses an unlisted source of power. While all the buildings have backup power units, this station keeps the island running and functional.

https://imgur.com/a/Lf9m3vu

The Facilities

The island is equipped with several different utilities to ensure the students are receiving the best education and are kept safe from all sorts of threats. Vigil’s Watch also holds several different utilities to arm and deploy heroes, as well as monitor the safety of the world.

School’s Staff
Hero Staff: As one would assume, the staff is comprised of several heroes who are either still active in duty or are retired. Both active and retired heroes act as teachers. Their main job is teach students how to properly be heroes in the many societies of the world.

General Staff: In addition to the hero staff there are several general education teachers, janitorial staff, medical staff, a small department of security officers, groundskeepers, and a culinary staff.

Curriculum
The school offers general education, but also several classes specially made to teach students how to be heroes. These classes include:

General Heroing: The general rules and practices of heroes.

Laws and Regulations: The different laws and regulations that each nation/region has imposed on heroes.

Combat Training: Improving one’s fighting abilities as well as minimizing collateral damage.  

Hero Edicate: How to properly act as a hero and how to address civilians

Advanced Heroing: Further rules and practices of heroes.

Profiting and Advertisement: How to make money as a hero and how to advertise yourself.

Magical Studies: Classed dedicated to those with magical abilities and how to engage enemies using magic.

Hero Crafting: Crafting your hero outfit and gear/gadgets to use on the field.

Ability Improvement: How to improve abilities and cover up weaknesses.

Disaster Control: How to properly disarm bombs, evil contraptions, perform medical treatment on civilians, and so forth.

Sidekick Program: Fourth year and up only, can get direct field work as acting as a sidekick to heroes.

Steller Watch: How to deal with threats and problems that originate from the cosmos.

Cooperation: Working with other heroes, local police departments, and everything in between.

Villain Studies: Learn about villains, how to converse and talk down, and rules for general engagement.

School Defense’s
Security: In addition to many heroes (about thirty or so) who are staffed at the island the grounds are also patrolled by robotic security units. The robots vary from small drones to monitor the grounds, deployment units to stop rule breakers and report to teachers, and advanced security if the island is attacked by villains.

Escape Tunnels: All the buildings are connected through a series of tunnels which lead to several different exit points around the island allowing for escape if the island is invaded. At the end of each tunnel are means of transportation to escape, boats, small subs, and a few small aircrafts.

Barrier Field: From the main academy building a large barrier can be emitted around the island which acts as a physical barrier against assaults against the island. The barrier can resist prolonged missile fire, powerful energy blasts, and magical attacks. The barrier extends to the edge of the woods before the beaches of the island, and (while this not publicly known) has a few gaps in it, namely around the escape tunnels as to not block the students’ escape. With the power provided, the barrier can be maintained for a week before the power station shuts down.

Vigil’s Watch Utilities
Highspeed Deployment Vehicles: Several vehicles, specially designed, are stationed at Vigil’s Watch. The vehicles include three aircrafts, all of which are able to travel from the New York area to Japan in the matter of eight hours, five large boats specially made for coastal and sea rescues, five land transportation, intense terrain vehicles, made to transport heroes over rough terrains and evacuate civilians in danger zones, and the Starchaser.

Monitoring Station: A virtual globe of sorts, a projection of earth that provides digital information over selected areas which will provide news and updates on the status of said areas, namely cities. The station also acts the communication hub of the island, the main method leaders of the world can reach out and request help.

Starchaser: A spacecraft able to breach the atmosphere and traverse the cosmos at impressive speeds. The ship is equipped with laser weaponry to engage potential threats that come from beyond and shielding to defend against assaults against the craft. The ship can hold a crew of twenty or so individuals.

The Purpose

The school was crafted with the purpose of providing the young metas of the world the chance to learn how to become good and proper heroes in the changing world. The school stands for all that is good and true, and defending those who cannot. Further, Vigil’s Watch was made to enforce these ideals and put words into practice, providing the world with an organization willing to be heroes and put down empowered menaces that threaten the world’s and its inhabitants’ safety.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Number of posts : 662
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by coopersword September 3rd 2020, 1:25 am

The Treehouse

Owned by the Neighborhood Watch

The Origin

As a fledgling group of high-school heroes from Boston, Massachusetts, The Neighborhood Watch’s debut as heroes included the takedown of the small-scale druglord, Ganja. In their takedown of the druglord, MVP, the muscle of the Neighborhood Watch, was spotted and identified by Ganja’s goons. As recompense for the Watch taking down one of his lieutenants, the mafioso known as Don Tony decided to dispatch a hitman to find the other members of the Neighborhood Watch, and then eliminate MVP as a way to send a message. Wunderkind and MLG, the two other members of the Neighborhood Watch, managed to intercept the orders for MVP’s assassination. After breaking the news to him just in time to help him narrowly escape death, they came to the conclusion to find a way for MVP to lay low while the assassin was after him. Wunderkind used his savings to buy the materials to build a Treehouse in the woods, not too far away from his family’s estate. With help from MLG and MVP, Wunderkind built The Treehouse as a base of operations/hideout. It took the Watch another month to muster the right plan to defeat the assassin, however, they kept The Treehouse as their base for the reason that it served its purpose well. It was hard to track MVP’s minivan in the woods, and few people would expect to find anyone at all that deep in the forest.

The Looks

Located in the canopy of three oak trees in the woods about half a mile north of Boston, Massachusetts, The Treehouse is rather difficult to find if you’re not directly looking for it.The canopy in the woods is dense enough to naturally hide the 30x30 treehouse.

The Layout

Being a relatively small 30x30 space, The Treehouse’s facilities are limited. The only way in is from a magnetically-locked trapdoor. Inside, it has five hammocks for sleeping, two computers, each with separate desks and chairs, a speedbag, a sofa, and a flat-screen TV mounted on a wall. On one of the desks for the computer, there is a charging station for several drones. There is an electric stove, as well as a mini-fridge that is kept well-stocked. The Treehouse does have an internet connection, tapping into a nearby fiber-optic connection, albeit illegally. The internet connection is largely kept behind a VPN to assist in keeping its signals hidden. Hidden in a set of bushes nearby the base of the trees is a generator that supplies the electronics in The Treehouse with power. There is also a clear space nearby the base of the trees that is an area for a minivan to be parked, as well as a roundabout dirt path through the woods that ends at that parking spot. The base has no indoor plumbing, nor any kind of water save for what bottled water the group brings to it.

The Purpose

The Treehouse doubles as both a hideout and a base of operations for the Neighborhood Watch. The computers that MLG and Wunderkind use there are for physical surveillance via drones, and cyber-surveillance via the Wunderkind’s hacking. When he can’t get the gym to work out, MVP practices his boxing on the speedbag in The Treehouse, or by punching the trees in the woods themselves. Though it lacks a great many facilities that greater superhero organizations may have, it serves the Watch’s purpose well.

coopersword
coopersword

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top