The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] Empty Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020]

Post by Zonkes July 19th 2020, 2:03 pm

Character Creation Contest

JULY - AUGUST 2020
END DATE: September 4th, 2020 @ 11:59PM EST

JUDGING END DATE: September 16th, 2020 @ 11:59PM EST
THEME: Occult Operators"

What are we looking for?

Mystics and mages abound. This month, the realms between life and death are open to those who know how to harness them. Magical energies pour from the nexus of reality and are now being brought to the forefront of human imagination. Will you take up our calling, oh magicians of SHRP? Or will you allow the world to fall into darkness?

We’re allowing creativity to be your driving factor this month. However, I was urged to place down some ideas of where to start. If you want, you can create a character (be it a witch, wizard, or warlock) with their craft revolving around medieval, modern, or futuristic magics. However, these are guidelines. Not strict limitations on what you can do.
Where should I draw inspiration?

This one is broad. For once, we aren’t giving you a genre or anything that we generally do. This is an experiment to see how you respond to these broader subjects. Magic is everywhere. Find an inspiration in any media that contains magic.  

What am I being graded on?

Creativity

Your job is to create a character that, not only is unique, but has a unique personality, history, and set of powers and weaknesses to go with it.

Concept

The concept is generally diving more deeply into the history of the character as well as the powerset. How well do they work together? How do the powers work? How does the character function in SHRP's normal society?

Execution

This goes without saying that we're looking at the overall application and flow of the application. How pleasing it was to read, and how easy it was to understand. Was the origin story spot on? Did it make sense for the character? Are the powers perfect?

Who is grading me and how?

Grading Scale

With the three main components of Creativity, Concept, and Execution there will be a grading scale of 1-10. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.

Bonus Points

Bonus points will be handed out based on two categories: Grammar will be graded on a scale of 1-5. 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. Graphics will be graded on a scale of 1 - 3. 1 being you using the basic template, 2 you have an image to describe your character, and 3 being that you made a custom template.

Judges

The community.

Users that do not wish to participate will be eligible to judge the contest. Reply to this thread below to enter as a participant or as a judge.

What do I get?

1st Place Prize

Ghost Slot*
200 flat XP

A featured place on the front page until the end of the next contest

2nd Place Prize

Ghost Slot*
150 flat XP

3rd Place Prize

Ghost Slot*
100 flat XP

Participants

50 flat XP

Grading Code

Copy Me!

Code:Select Content

Creativity: 0
 Concept: 0
 Execution: 0
 Graphics: 0
 Grammar: 0

*A ghost slot is a character slot that you gain temporarily to allow one more character to your roster. Once you choose to retire a character, you lose that slot. You do not gain a permanent character slot.

Good luck, and may the mystic forces be with you.

Last edited by Zonkes on August 27th 2020, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] Empty Re: Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020]

Post by The Nekromonga July 23rd 2020, 10:14 pm

I guess I'll make another magical girl for this one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020] Empty Re: Occult Operators [CHARACTER CONTEST - JULY - AUGUST 2020]

Post by Shadowoof August 22nd 2020, 2:34 am

Suppose reminder I am in this contest I guess.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top