The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Act One: San Francisco I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Act One: San Francisco I_vote_lcapAct One: San Francisco I_voting_barAct One: San Francisco I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Act One: San Francisco I_vote_lcapAct One: San Francisco I_voting_barAct One: San Francisco I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Act One: San Francisco

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Act One: San Francisco Empty Act One: San Francisco

Post by Chellizard July 21st 2018, 11:03 pm

The ground would shake, tremors sending the older parts of New Orleans into quite the panic. People would rise from their beds, the moon hanging high in the sky. The waning crescent illuminated the shadows, all of the street lamps littering NOLA bringing  a bit of calm before the storm. Of course the streets were populated, people out enjoying their night with drinks, food, and good company. As the ground started to shake, people assumed it was a big vehicle moving through, or something man made.

But they were wrong.

The little shops lining down town NOLA would all begin to shake, the glass warbling and warping before shattering. Shop displays would topple over. People would let out shrieks in shock. The world seemed like it was coming to an end. As everything seemed to settle, the wind would stop. It was as if the world had stopped. Clocks would stop ticking, residents would hold their breath, afraid to even let out the smallest sound.

Something was happening.

The ground would tear apart, wicked beings of all shapes and sizes peeling up from underneath their beautiful city. Vicious maws dripping with hot saliva and almost melting the sidewalks. Snarling fangs would bare as the demonic creatures started picking who they would eat and disguise themselves as. Demons would run through the streets, grabbing children, mother's, and father's. They would devour their souls, implanting themselves into the vessel left on this Earth. Innocent people died on this day.

Hopefully heroes can save these people.

On the other hand, these demons could use some guidance. They need a leader, someone to confide in. This is their first time being outside the clutches of Hell. It was now their time to reap the benefits of power and destruction!

--

It had been a few days, and the news was erupting. Many sightings of people rioting, starting fires, destroying property. The world was slowing falling into chaos, one city at a time.

Limit to 5 players in this thread; first come, first serve. The setting is in San Francisco, California. Users may choose to put multiple characters in one post if they feel those characters should be involved together. Enter this arc at your own risk; there's no turning back.

The city you are in has areas that are destroyed; the first poster can decide to be in that area.

Villains can decide if they would like to directly interact with the demons in order to learn more of the goals of those in control.

The GM (Chellizard) must post after all 5 players have posted to explain what events come next.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Act One: San Francisco JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Act One: San Francisco Empty Re: Act One: San Francisco

Post by Shadowoof July 22nd 2018, 12:17 am

Jake had never been to San Francisco. He hadn't been impressed, but modern cities just didn't have that affect on him. Pit of ravens. Some random temple to a vampire countess. Those were interesting. Those places. Were cool. Full of asses, yes. But cool.  

He hadn't really expected what happened to have happened here. Might be a little egotistic of him, but when the ground is ripped open. Demons pour out and people die? He'd have expected that to happen in New York or Chicago. Hopefully when he wasn't in some other place with Ann. But it had happened here... And he was here. Which meant he could help. As he had learned from the news, he couldn't help the other places. San Francisco wasn't the only place to suffer. Didn't matter. Not now.

Funny how he had come here for Ann, because of Ann. She wanted to come here and brought him for the ride. Because she had something to do, something he normally didn't want to be apart of, but ended up helping anyway before and now. They were here to steal Madeline artifacts. It was the only reason he was here.. Well. Not the only reason, but he didn't tell Ann that. Because he didn't mind that for one second, being here. Before and now, he was quite happy that he was here with her. Much easier to not worry about her when she was in your sights, not that he should worry anyway, Spider could look after herself. He knew that. Boy did he know that. But he was allowed to worry.

"World's getting a little too crazy. Hell - Heh. Hell came here." Letting out a huff, Jake rolled the hem of his shirt up and down his side, knowing that he might lose it, to claws, to fire, to his own devices. Stupid wings. A Nephalem and a Cambion... Demi-god... Cambion sounded better. Perhaps a few more, if people were brave enough to deal with the practical war zone that was this place. That was what this part of San Francisco had right now. It'd be enough. Had to be. Would be.

That and he hadn't encountered demons like this before. Sure, he had met lords and shadows, succubus, cambions, arcadians and his kind. Met them all, punched half of them. These ones... Ones that infested the body's of innocents. They were more terrible then any he had encountered before. Madeline could have been terrifying if she wanted too... But just the idea of these things put a chill in the base of his spine that she had yet to even muster yet.

Which meant he had to... Do something. Punching people seemed like it was going to be a little hard to do. Which was why he was thankful Ann was here. After all, if everything broke, she'd have no one left to steal from. They couldn't have that. Now could they?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe July 22nd 2018, 12:39 am

Johanna paced about the dark hotel room. As the sounds of chaos trickled in from outside, all the ashen haired teen thought was, “I bet this is all her fault. It’s all her I know it is.” she continued to mumble. Why now of all times? All she wanted to do, was forget about her mom and her stupid heritage by stealing some artifacts from a museum. Why the hell, did hell have to literally break loose. Johanna still thought about the actual moment everything around her went to shit. Now she and Jake were stuck here in this room.

Then there was that. Jake. Why did she have to bring him along? Why did she want to? They had grown close no doubt in the past couple of months. Still, stealing wasn’t his style, and yet she asked him to come along with her anyway. And now he was in danger. Well maybe not entirely. Johanna knew the boy was more than capable of handling himself, but if were to get hurt or something, Johanna would never forgive herself. She brought him here after all. The frustrated teen stopped pacing as Jake’s voice overtook the madness occurring around them.  

Johanna would make her way over to the boys side, and stare out the window with him. Swarms of people and demons could be seen running about. Previously she might not have been totally bothered with what she was seeing, but after hanging around Jake for so long, her moral compass was starting to shift a bit. Johanna would squint her turquoise eyes, as she tried to get a better look at the demons. They didn’t look anything like her mother, or the one with all the hair, or even Euna for that matter. *Maybe this doesnt have anything to do with her after all.* she thought.

Johanna would back away from the window and over to her dufflebag of supplies. She had a few canisters of her web fluid, several sleep mines, her street clothes, and something else she had completely forgotten about. Buried deep in the bag as a keycard with her picture on it. The side read “SHARPE” in a stylized font. “Hmm, that would certainly help.” she once again mumbled to herself as she pulled the keycard from her bag and slipped it down the top of her body suit.

She’d make her way back to Jake and would place her hand softly on his shoulder. When their eyes met, Johanna would flash the boy a smile and nod. “Enough hiding. Were going to go out there and kick some demon ass!”

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2016-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion July 22nd 2018, 12:19 pm

Miguel smelt it, the desecration that came with destruction. This brought back memoeires, burning images that never left his mind. Likely a ton of mortar and concrete pressing down on him, figners scrambling helplessly for the bracelet to no avail. Indestructible enough to avoid injury, but not enough to break free. His fingers trembled, this helpless moment that accompanied his breath coming out in a shuddering gasp. The carnage was the consequence of these demons invading, believing that they had a right to cause so much chaos upon the people of...San Francisco? He had come here for some reason, though it finally came back to finding out who was sending so many things to attack him. Minotaurs, furies and even some obscure creatures from Greek Mythology. That was just starting to get really annoying on his end.

He unsheathed the blade strapped to his back, feeling the hilt wrappings press against the skin of his hand worn rough with callouses. It hissed sliding from the sheath, gleaming in the firelight. He shouldn’t have been so worked up over these little triggers. Instead there was the positives to look to.

This was an invasion of demons. Any Asgardian worth their salt would have been pleased by this sudden revelation and he was overjoyed. Not because people were being killed, but because this was the perfect chance to test himself against the hordes that had come beyond the breach. Armored composed of small metal plates and thick fur rustled against his darkly tanned skin as Miguel looked over the city, smoke rising to the sky from the fires that had been set. Demons took note of him and charged, their acid dripping fangs bared as if looking forward into biting into his flesh. These lambs to that slaughter that knew not what they were charging. A demigod of war didn’t have much patience for these weaklings that didn’t understand what he could do.

”Come on then! Come get some you fucks!” Then he charged.
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2015-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire July 22nd 2018, 1:51 pm

Malik had been sitting in his apartment, watching the news like he'd seemed to be doing all the time.
After a narrow escape from prison, he was staying in his own isolated bubble, not eager to be captured again.
He honestly felt proud that he hadn't killed anyone in his escape...
His heroics have been questioned in the past, people believing that he wasn't the hero he claimed to be because he killed civilians. Malik understood that it wasn't the most heroic thing to do, but he liked to relate himself to an ambulance:
Move or get moved.

The news reached his television of the literal demon invasion ravaging the world. Many cities had flashed across the screens...
Beijing.
New Orleans.
Houston.
Florence.
Atlanta.
He was prepared to teleport to New Orleans, knowing that's where his ex lived, but he felt a calling somewhere else. He saw the name of a city close to him. One that may not need help, because it was highly populated...
But something told him he needed to be there.
San Francisco.
He looked up, almost as if he were praying to whoever would listen.
"Please let Nadia be okay..."
At that, he teleported away... Directly into the hellzone that was San Francisco.

The Demonic Dire got good and bad news upon arriving in San Francisco.
The good news? He was teleported exactly where the fight was.
The bad news? It was above the fight, and he was falling.
Noting that he was falling directly for a car, he curled up so he would land on his back and not kill himself immediately upon arriving on the scene.
He rolled off, groaning, but still ready to fight.

Cracking his neck, he ran into the fray, stopping just at the first line of demons, pulling out his pink pistol and the other black one.
He wasn't even sure if the demons he found himself shooting were dying or not, but it was at least backing them up.
Finally, he sheathed the pistols, and in one swift motion, he drew his two flaming katanas from their sheathes, his red irises glowing as a grin spread across his face.
This was his chance to prove he was a hero, this was his chance to prove to everyone that he was capable of saving lives.
He then heard someone yell out: "Come on then! Come get some you fucks!"
Dire raised his eyebrows, feeling his team-up senses coming on.
He cut his way through the demons in his path, thinking that two metahumans were better than one...
Even though he wasn't really a metahuman, he was more of a half demon... But he wasn't going to say that during the fight where demons are attacking the world.
He stayed a far distance from the man, not wanting to get destroyed by an errant blade swing, but he was close enough to be able to speak to the man.

"Yeah, what he said!" He said loudly, keeping him cover from the sides he may miss.

Theme Song
Dire's App
Dire's New Powers!
Details
TheDastardlyDire
TheDastardlyDire
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "CSSH. I'm not unstable, just obnoxious, over."

Number of posts : 614
Job : World-Class Mercenary
Humor : So a hero, a renegade, and a villain walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr July 22nd 2018, 4:49 pm

Blasting through the sky at mach 2 would be an oddly shaped aircraft. Thrusters would be glowing orange as the jet is pushed to its limits. Jay Osprey stands from his seat in the cockpit and moves to the rear of the plane. He does a few more checks of the Owl Mobile's weapons systems. He would click his belt into place as he checks an outside camera. The city would be in chaos with beasts rising from the ground, killing anything in sight. Why was he of all people doing this. Super hearing wouldn't help against a demon invasion. He grabs some grappling hooks attachments and slides them onto his belt. If he wanted to go up against enemies of this caliber, he'd need something special.

Jay would attach armored plates to sections of the Owl Suit. He slaps his wristpad onto his forearm, locking it into place. Laying on a steel table would be the Owl Cowl, staring back at him. "Tonight, the Owl Man dies." Jay dons his cowl and becomes the Owl Man.

The Owl Man opens the rear cargo ramp as he slides open the cockpit of the Owl Mobile. He takes a few deep breaths before putting the throttle to max and throws the Owl Mobile into the middle of the city...

After a few seconds of free falling and Owl Man drawing quick breaths, he would slam a fist on a button, activating a pair elevators on the rear of the Owl Mobile, righting it. The Owl Mobile would be gliding at a ludicrous speed down toward a parking garage. This was definitely going to be a close landing. The Owl Mobile would crash down into a higher level of a parking garage, taking out a support pillar as he drifts around a corner in the garage. "Might as well do some property damage during the apocalypse." He fires the thrusters on the Owl Mobile as he exits the drift, propelling him out of the parking area and onto a street, landing with a heavy crash, right behind two seemingly normal people.

He engages all weapons systems, revealing rocket launchers in the headlights, a GAU-8/A Avenger would be mounted on the armored doors, and a large 50 mm artillery gun would be mounted on the roof of the Owl Mobile. A vehicle fit for demon hunting. The Avenger Gatling guns would start spinning. If these were good guys, they might need some cover fire.

Act One: San Francisco HRN5OeL
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 22nd 2018, 8:07 pm

Demons would roam in packs, looking for hosts to call home. Their gruesome features menacing to those that stood in their way.

Miguel and Dire would come face to face with 3 hulking beasts, their bodies long and muscled. They stood hunched with snarling maws open wide, ready to strike them down.

From Owl Man's new position, a handful of demons, roughly five of them, would come sauntering up from behind. They would move almost silently, the only thing giving them away was the hot breath of one standing behind of Owl Man.

No one else can see the demons behind of Owl Man.

Owl Man could witness Miguel and Dire as they were approached by three large, snarling demons.

Jake and Johanna would see the chaos ensue, a man screaming for help as he was grabbed by a larger demon. They would be able to witness first hand the demon taking over the man's body, transferring into him. The light would fade from the man's eyes before being replaced with red, glowing irises. The irises would then fade back to normal.

Only Jake and Johanna witnessed this.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof July 23rd 2018, 3:38 am

Turning towards Ann's smile told Jake enough that he didn't even need the words that confirmed it. She was in it for the long run. Demons be bloody ware. Relaxing the grip on his shirt, Jake stared out the window once more to get a look at what they'd need to do. What demons to take out first, when...

When he saw the action of a demon taking over a human. Sudden, out of nowhere, he was paused. That pause was all that was needed for the demon to do its thing, till only a human remained, a human that really wasn't... Jake needed to know. Needed to know if the human was quite frankly. Dead. As much as thinking that troubled him. "You see it? I'm going to try and knock it to the ground. After, you web it up. Maybe we can learn something." The boy breathed out, only able to keep any sort of want to beat the demon to a pulp by the idea that maybe... Its host could still be alive.

With that in mind, Jake clicked a finger and kicked open the window open. More so smashing it into a great many deal of pieces, something he was sure would go unnoticed at a time like this. With eyes on the demon host, Jake jumped from his and Ann's vantage point. Down towards the host, curling up as he fell, Jake aimed to slam himself into a host with the hope they'd fall back while Ann did her thing to keep it down as he rolled off it while it fell.

If he missed, then Ann would hopefully rectify his mistake. She was good at doing that. First, he just had to hope he fell fast enough that the host didn't recover form his transfer and started moving. Or caught him. He wasn't sure how strong these things were. They were about to find out.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe July 23rd 2018, 4:49 am

Johanna stepped away from the window. The sight of the large demon taking over that poor man’s body was something Johanna thought she could stomach. She very well couldn’t. While it sent a slight shiver down her spine it also angered her deeply. Why was this happening? Who was behind this invasion? There had to be a leader. While Johanna was lost in thought, Jake had already leapt into action, ever the daredevil he was. The shattering glass was what pulled the ashen haired teens attention back to reality. “Damn it!” she said as she rushed towards the window and jumped out after Jake.

Doing a tumble through the air, Johanna would throw several sleep gass mine ahead of Jake. “Heads up!” she shouted as a warning to Jake. Hopefully he’d remember the look of the disks and know what they were. It would really suck if he took in a breath of the gas. Landing with a soft thud on the ground Johanna looked up to the demon possessed man. She wondered if the demon inside was one of her mothers or not. The young thief had never really believed in the whole angels and demons thing, but after meeting her mother and being introduced to that side of her lineage, Johanna knew better.

It made her wonder though. Could there possibly be different types of demons? There was one way of finding out. She could call out to the demon and tell it to stand down. She was the princess after. She had to have some pull with the inhabitants of her mothers realm. Just as she was about to say anything, Euna’s words as well as her mothers, echoed through her mind. Madeline had abandoned Johanna with her father in hopes that she wouldn’t be targeted. Euna had reinforced that stating that her mother had made enemies and just because Johanna wanted to do with her mother, did it mean Madeline’s enemies didn’t want anything to do with her.

Instead Johanna rose to her feet and waited to see if Jake’s plan or the sleep mines would work. In hind sight she realized now that she probably shouldn’t have thrown them. If they were going to question the demon inside the man’s body they’d need it away. Then again, if it was asleep, they could easily bind it with her webs and then wake it up for questioning.

While this occurred on the street, a fluffy black cat would materialize back up in the hotel room Johanna and Jake were in. It waddled over to the broken window and looked down at the princess and her companion down below, but did nothing further.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion July 24th 2018, 2:43 pm

Miguel was in motion as soon as demons hit him, swinging shining steel through the flesh of demons as their desiccated chunks of flesh was strew about the barttlefield. Someone had jumped into the fray beside him, likely another metahuman that took an interest in stopping the demonic invasion. Whatever their reason was, he hoped they would be useful in the fight to come. That was when three massive demons rippling with muscle appeared, their gaping maws seemingly hungering for mortal flesh. Well, they would have a hard time taking a chomp out of him if Miguel had anything to say about that matter. In fact he found the prospect of fighting these things all the more exhilarating by the possibility that he could be injured by them.

One raised a massive clawed hands and went to swipe at him, Miguel already having charged the thing as it caught him in the side and sent the demi-god flying into the side of a car. The force stung, but he had a feeling it would at most leave a small bruise. Rolling out of the ruins of the vehicle, he willed his weapon become larger and it shifted to the shape of a massive greatsword. Two hands found their way around the hilt as two of them charhed him, seeing the stange male as a potentially greater threat.

Pressing a foot against the side of the twisted heap of metal, he propelled himself forward and brought the blade forward as well. It caught one  in the leg, managing to cleave through bone as the demon let out a blood curdling roar; slumping on a stump. ”I was expecting a little more from the legions of hell.” He snapped charging again.
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2015-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire July 24th 2018, 4:47 pm

Dire was cutting through demons, gracefully switching from pistols to katanas in such fluidity that he was hard to even register what he was doing.
He had his enhanced speed to thank for that one.
They kept coming and he kept good speed the whole time, only getting tagged once or twice, and it was nothing major. Dire being Dire, he started to get cocky, throwing in a few free-run flips and cheeky pistol shots between the legs and over the shoulder.
Getting all the more cocky, he began asking stupid questions.

"Heh, this is a little easy, don't ya think?!" He asked the other guy he was with, but he asked rather quietly, so he probably didn't hear him.

The demons from below must have, though. Because as he said it, out came three menacing looking demons, ready to cut the two to tiny bits and use them as their taco meat.
Dire did NOT want to be taco meat.

"Glad I asked..." He mumbled as the three hulking demons lumbered towards the two.

He watched as his new partner charged in blindly, only to be batted away easily by the hulking beast. Dire watched through howling laughter as the guy slammed into the car as the demons then looked at him. His reaction went a little something like this:
"AHHHAAAHA-oh shit."

He drew his katanas, prepared to die to the three of them when the man who was lying in a heap on the car came in to cut the leg of one of them, causing another to go after the man with the large sword.
Dire nodded, thankful for the help, but still not liking his chances.

That's when he heard ”I was expecting a little more from the legions of hell.” come out of the dust as the two demons charged him.
As the one focused on Dire charged, he called out to the man.
"Don't ask that! I literally just asked that and more demons came out of the hole! Do you WANT to die?!"

Just then the demon's arm came down, aiming to crush Dire right there. Luckily, he shifted out of the way in time to let the hand slam into the ground.
Thank Errtu for super speed.
Then he swiped down quickly, cutting the demon's arm off from the forearm down, causing it rear back in a roar. A roar that was enough to make Dire shake in his boots. It sounded like every person that was burning in Hell, all the tormented souls, were screaming in a choppy unison. The roar didn't even sound like it was coming out of its mouth, it sounded like it was coming from the back of his own mind.
He was stunned for a moment, but not for long.
As the demon regained his balance, Dire sheathed one of his katanas, replacing it with a kunai.
He ran towards the staggered demon, stabbing the kunai into the demon's back so he could hoist himself up to its head. He then stabbed the katana into the neck of the demon, holding on for dear life as he pulled out his pink desert eagle, and began firing at the two demons that were charging the man with the sword.

"I'm serious, if more demons come out of the portal because of you, I'm gonna shoot someone!" He called out to the man between his gunshots.

Theme Song
Dire's App
Dire's New Powers!
Details
TheDastardlyDire
TheDastardlyDire
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "CSSH. I'm not unstable, just obnoxious, over."

Number of posts : 614
Job : World-Class Mercenary
Humor : So a hero, a renegade, and a villain walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr July 24th 2018, 5:06 pm

The proximity sensors on the Owl Mobile alert Jay to a few enemy combatants approaching. The Owl Mobile's wheels seem to unhinge from their locked position as the Owl Mobile lifts off the ground, slightly. The vehicle does a full 180 around to face the demons. The already spinning Avengers would unleash hell on the beasts of hell. The headlights on the vehicle would slide up, as the demons converge on the vehicle. The rockets released from the hospital would explode on impact, reducing two demons to a pile of Gore on the ground. The avengers start tearing through with the sound of meat and bone being ripped through played over by the glorious noise of freedom and justice being dishes out.

A humanoid devilspawn with wings would fly into the air, and land heavily on the Owl Mobile, digging it's claws into the reinforced armor plates. As they do so, an electric shock would be sent through their body, stunning them as well as causing them to slide off the armor. Owl Man presses a button and fires his artillery gun straight into the air. "Trickshot of the century." The beast starts to rise up off the ground and starts limping toward the Owl Mobile. Owl Man reverses slightly and the beast lunges. However, midair it is struck down by the artillery shot...

Somehow, from the ashes rose the demon, flesh ripped and muscle exposed. "Crap." Owl Man drives over the Demon, aggravating it some more. The Owl Mobile does a hop over a car in the road, forcing the demon to do the same. The Owl Mobile would fire 2 grapples into a car in front of it. The Owl Mobile would whip around 3 times, slamming the car into the demon, as well as throwing the demon and the car into a store. The demon starts to rise as 2 rockets hit the car's gas tank, blowing the car and the demon to pieces, this time leaving just a hand.

"WOOOH! Now that was a true trick shot!"

Act One: San Francisco HRN5OeL
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 1st 2018, 11:07 pm

Johanna and Jake's pursuit of the possessed human would prove almost too successful. The sleep gas mines would send the human vessel into a slump, the breath it took in sending it into a deep slumber. The body would fall into a slump, motionless. It had happened so fast, it was as if the demon was trapped inside of the human host.

As Miguel cut into the leg of the second demon, it would let out a horrific screech. It would slow the demon down, but it wouldn't stop it's charge. A large, clawed hand would sweep up and grab hold of Miguel's blade. Pulling the sword out of it's leg, the demon would let out another blood curdling roar and spray hot, sticky saliva over Miguel's face.

It wasn't acidic, but it definitely smelled bad.

The demon would pull up on the blade, attempting to yank Miguel up with it.

The hand that slammed into the ground would send a wave of vibrations, attracting some lesser demons to his location. These lesser demons would flock toward Dire, a group of imp like creatures. They had spaded tails and large, pointy ears. Their feet were too big for their bodies, and they just looked ugly overall. They would chatter to each other, a language unbeknownst to mortals. It was more dead than Latin.

They would conjure flames in their hands and start tossing it toward Dire, forming a circle around of him.

Demons would flock the Owl Mobile, completely destroying it and it's sensors. The targeting system shuts down, the wings are torn off of it, and it's nothing more than a pile of scrap. Owl Man would need to rely on newfound teammates to survive a hulking tyrant coming up to him from behind, those demons in front of him having been slain.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof August 2nd 2018, 6:57 am

The heads up helped, but Jake understood what it was for the moment he saw the mines pass him. The bastard things had once been used agaisnt him, but this time, were on his side. So he held his breath as his knees connected to the shoulders of the host, taking them both to the ground. Jake rolled off them as soon as the momentum allowed him and balanced himself, standing among the gas and not liking the idea it could affect him now.

Grabbing the host by the shoulder, Jake jumped out of the gas of the mines and placed him on the ground, motioning for Johanna to web him up. "I'd applaud, but now he's not as useful as he could have been... Why do they even need hosts? Damn it!" Jake kicked the ground in frustration and worry. More questions rose then got answered, and at this rate, no answers would be coming. The sounds of battle could be heard though out the area, metal tearing, gun shots. Roars and screams, and here he was, with a sleeping demon inside a human host.

They needed to do something, but they couldn't leave the host now, not when they just caught them. Too many decisions, not enough time. "Crap. Ann, got any ideas? We ether stand around with her thumbs being twiddled or... Or something! I don't know." As soon as Jake said it, he wanted to sound less impatient, less childish, wanting to take it back, say it differently. But this was a battle zone.

"Seriously... Why demons." Jake finally  sighed, letting out a breath in hopes of calming himself, not letting the stress of this situation, this outbreak, take him over now. People were in danger. More information he had, the better, less hosts and demons in action, the better. Perhaps Ann would offer him a solution. Perhaps something would come up. He had to hope for something.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Johanna Sharpe August 2nd 2018, 9:47 am

The gas worked. Johanna was glad that it did, cause she was only about seventy percent sure it would work in the first place. She half expected luck to not be on their side, especially in a situation like this. Johanna let out a small shrug as Jake began to direct questions towards her. “I don’t know Jake. Im not a demon….well not a full one, and I’m pretty sure these aren’t my moms.” she’d hoped of the two of them, Jake would be more level headed, but that couldn’t have been further from the truth.

Sure she was freaking out right now, but now was not the time to be showing it. The ashen haired teen would give the boy a quick slap across the face. Hopefully it sorted him out. “Pull yourself together. This isn’t the end of the world. We’ll get through this.” her turquoise eyes stared into his. She hoped that her calm demeanor would provide some semblance of peace for Jake. Moving past the boy, Johanna would make her way over to the webbed up demon infested human. She knew how potent that gas was.

“He might be out for a while, and I don’t feel like hanging around here much longer.” What a predicament they had found themselves in. Chaos all around them. Screams of terror. Gun shots. You name it, it was happening. It definitely made Johanna uneasy, and it was hard to make her uneasy. They couldn’t just wait here for the demon to wake up. She was beginning to wonder if this was such a solid plan after all. There was no telling just how forthcoming with information the demon was going to be. Hell, they didn’t even know if it spoke English or even understood it.  

Johanna let out a frustrated groan and began kicking the demon possessed body lightly. This was too much, why did it have to all be on her? Where the hell was her mother. Why couldn’t she be here right now. This was probably her problem anyway. All this anger began to well up within her. The moment she started to feel her temperature rise, the young girl stepped away from their prisoner and massaged her temples. “Ok! Look! Here’s whats going to happen. My parents have a lab nearby. We’re going to go there. I have some tools and supplies that could help us with whatever’s going on.”

With her plan semi lined out, Johanna would shoot a strand of webbing from her wrist mounted shooter at the sleeping demon. She’d turn around, stick her nose up in the air, feeling high and mighty, and would begin dragging the beast down the street. They were going to get to that lab and they were going to get answers out of this demon.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Johanna Sharpe
Johanna Sharpe
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content