The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Apples don't fall far (Dubloon)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 Empty Re: Apples don't fall far (Dubloon)

Post by Red July 24th 2015, 1:33 am

This one seemed to think everything was a joke, a bit annoying, but hey, Isalia could deal with it. She lead the woman down several hallways and then finally through a large metal door that revealed Lucius' lab when opened. The room was much more sleek and felt cold, everything being either black or chrome, or glowing red of course. It was a large open area, lit by florescent lights that didn't really do their job well. But Lucius liked to work in the partial darkness.

What dominated the room was counters that either held holographic computer screens or some form of high tech gadget in various stages of completion. Also there were papers scattered about, as well as small pieces of technology that had likely been discarded. Also on the tables were viles of liquid, all of different types and hooked up to a large chrome network that seemed to be mixing them and calculating results on the terminal attracted to the front. Lucius stood in the thick of this, in the center of the counter-tops that seemed to form a circle around him. His tired eyes immediately looked to Isalia and the woman, a slight bit of irritation in his voice and look. It was likely only because of his work, whenever he hit a road block he had that look about him.

"Did you get it?" Lucius asked after turning around, focusing on his work more then anything else.

"Yes." Isalia returned simply, walking up to Lucius and passing it off to him. He grabbed it and then inserted the vile into the machine just as the others were, and it instantly started to mix them. After a few seconds, the terminal glowed green in confirmation.

"Thank you my dear. Who is this?" Lucius finally asked, she was in his lab for some reason, only a few were allowed in here but he wouldn't be rude and draw attention to that.

"I picked her up during the operation, she seemed to be interested in...well, this." Isalia said, hoping her father wasn't angry with her or something.

"Is that so? Well, I'm sure you have plenty of questions, so please, ask away." Lucius said, knowing full well the amount of information Isalia gave was likely only enough to peak curiosity.

Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 1255
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Apples don't fall far (Dubloon) - Page 2 Empty Re: Apples don't fall far (Dubloon)

Post by Dubloon July 24th 2015, 1:48 am

Smiley followed the woman through a variety of hallways, slightly discouraged she couldn't get so much as a chuckle out of her. Eventually the two came to a stop as they reached a large metal door, that slowly opened, reveling a very well kept and intricate lab. Smiley's eye lit up like a kid in a candy store, all the tech in this place was top notch, and there were so many things going on at once it was fantastic. Smiley had been so lost in her own curiosity that it took her several moments to realize that there was another person in the room with them, and he had addressed her.

"Huh? You talking to me?" she asked puzzled, before answering the man's question, like there was no need for her previous statement. "Is all this yours? You sure got a bunch of fancy toys in here" she said still dodging the question she had been asked. Smiley walked over to inspect the contents of a nearby counter " Not many questions really.....just the basics. Like what is this place? Who are you? and what is this Cause that she's been preaching about all night?" as she said cause, she moves her fingers to imitate quotes, then tilted her head with a smile, with her grimacing helmet tucked under her left arm.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "...."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 24th 2015, 3:02 am

Questions, primitive and non specific questions to be exact. Very difficult to answer at times. Lucius sighed, as if getting ready, licking his dry lips slightly. He really, really wanted her to stop jumping around. She could knock something over, or perhaps take something, really the presence of this woman in his quarters just made him nervous.

"This is a community so to speak, beyond those doors are nearly three hundred metahumans, all with one simple goal, and that is to rise above what we have been reduced too. We have all been persecuted, experimented on, and this place, these people, are a stand against that. As for who i am, my name is Lucius, this little groups leader.......... Please sit still if you would, this stuff is very fragile." Lucius said. Really, this was quite on the spot, but perhaps he could convince this woman to join them. If not, well, she didn't know anything important.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon July 24th 2015, 4:41 pm

Smiley continued to look at the clutter on the counter as the man gave his explanation as to what this place was, and the so called purpose they were fighting for. Being a psychotic and loose cannon of a split personality she could care less if normal people thought she was a freak, and Sabrina would have partial sympathized because of what was done to her father. "Oh believe me, I know how fragile this stuff is.....but I'm just a sucker for this kind of stuff." She said, turning to Lucius and flashing him a smile.

"So you believe in the whole meta humans are the dominate species type mumbo jumbo? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally on the same page, but answer me this....of those three hundred meta humans, how many of them have combat training, or any battle experience?" What good was having an army, if that army couldn't fight, even if a few of them could, that was still only three hundred versus the world at that point.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 24th 2015, 5:56 pm

"There's a reason i didn't call it an army, i called it a community. Most are trained, but yes, there are some that simply cannot fight. The fact of the matter is I'm not looking to overthrow anyone with sheer power, no, only a well laid out plan will do that even if i had much more vast numbers. Think about it this way.....how much damage can one person do that has the power of mind control? Shapeshifting? Its not about combat, it's about using our abilities to their best possible effect. Through that, we will hopefully carry the day." Lucius said simply. It was true his numbers were nothing in comparison to the built in might and organization of humanity, but he still had a distinct advantage over them. This was why he wanted to unite his people, so they wouldn't be picked off one by one by some agents or people looking to experiment on them. For the time being, it was more about preserving his people for the future then it was about military might.

"So, are you interested in being a part of this? Because if you're not, i have business to attend too." Lucius said, turning back to his mixer and tapping a few times on the terminal in front of it. In a few moments he removed the now mixed purple substance and locked it away in some kind of high tech freezing unit.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon July 24th 2015, 6:20 pm

"I'm still not entirely sure....I mean I'm not that kind of girl, we haven't even been on a date yet " She said with a loud chuckle, as if impressed by her own humor. She then reached her hand out "But in all seriousness though, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to hang around my own kind." she then noticed that the man had turned his back to fiddle with one of his mixtures *How rude* she thought, before turning her attention to the woman who was the reason why she was here in the first place. "How about you? I never got your name.....I'm Smiley" She said, grinning vary widely.

Smiley saw no issue in joining this community as Lucius had called it, there didn't seem to be any draw backs, and besides, who cared, she certainly didn't she didn't have any commitments to these people, and she didn't owe them anything, she would just go with the flow for now and see where this opportunity took her. Plus it was going to be hilarious when Sabrina woke up and found herself surrounded by all these unfamiliar faces, just the thought make Smiley giggle just a bit.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 24th 2015, 6:40 pm

"Isalia, Isalia Alba." Isalia said in response, shaking the females hand before turning away and grabbing a small round device from a counter, one that was right next to dozens of identical ones lined up perfectly. She would hand this to Smiley, and it would glow upon her grabbing it.

"That's a teleportation device, whenever you feel like using the facility or doing something.....fun, just click it. It will only work for you and you alone." Isalia noted. She would have given the woman more of a grand tour, but it was late, and was kinda an on the spot thing. If she was serious about joining Lucius and his little following, she would turn up.

"Anyway, i have a lot of work to do. It's nice to see you want to be around your own kind, i just hope you can fight for them. Fair well my dear." Lucius said, motioning for the woman to push the teleporters button. If she didn't want to, she didn't have to. In fact she could stay in the Sanctuary if she wanted, Lucius just figured she had some place else she might want to stay.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon July 25th 2015, 2:59 am

"Isalia.....what a lovely name." Smiley said, as she was handed a small gadget with a red button, she was doing everything in her power not to push the little red button on the devices face. "Teleportation huh? Is this how we got here from the lab?" she asked, holding up the button and pointing at it. "It doesn't really look like much, but I guess its small size is a plus eh?". Smiley looked around, it seemed for the most part that the meeting was over, but she was having far too much fun to go back to boring ole New York.

Smiley turned to Isalia once more "Down to give me a tour?" she said with a smile. Of course if Isalia said no, she'd probably wander off on her own anyway. It would be like a mini adventure, plus she was enjoying her small spree of freedom, so she might as well make the most of it. the young woman turned around and began walking, not waiting for Isalia's response, she would come if she felt like dragging Smiley around for a bit more, if not, then so be it. "Adios Lucius!" she said flashing the peace sign over her shoulder as she walked away.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 26th 2015, 2:57 pm

So it seemed this woman wanted to see more of the facility. Honestly Isalia had nothing better to do except get in Lucius' hair, so she would give the woman a tour, or at least a semi tour. Showing her every room of this place was unnecessary and would likely take several days.

"Um, yeah, ok. I'll show you around. And yes, that's how we got here." Isalia noted as she followed the woman out, eventually getting in front of her to lead the way. After all, she was the one giving the tour. The woman would be lead through two large doors into the main area, or 'court yard' as they called it. They would be able to overlook it from a balcony that gave a perfect view of pretty much everything. It was all a sleek black, just like Lucius' lab. Several things glowed and their were numerous high tech computers all around, and a large crowd of people could be seen pretty much just hanging out and socializing below.

"The facility has five hundred personalized rooms for every member of the community, a gym, mess hall where you can get anything to eat you could ever imagine, an aquatics center, a green room, a training simulator, and...well, lots of other stuff, there's just to much to list. If you want to do something, there's likely a way to do it somewhere around here. Most people that join this community end up staying here, because let's face it, this place is probably better then what any of them could afford. If it's you're wish, we could get a room ready for you. You can style it anyway you want, thank nano technology for that one." Isalia said as she lead smiley along the balcony and down to the court yard. Several rooms with different purposes such as labs and training areas could be seen to be in use, metahumans walking in and out of the high tech metal sliding doors. This building seemed to have it's own artificial environment as there was a large tree that stood in the middle of the court yard, large and beautiful, it just pulled it all together.

"So, any specific place you want to see? Maybe you want to do something? Just say the word." Isalia said, confident that anything the woman wanted to do could be fulfilled by some room in this place.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon July 26th 2015, 11:59 pm

Smiley made it a few steps out of Lucius' lab before she hear Isalia's response and watched as she was passed up so that she could be lead through the facility. Again just like in the lab, everything was black, it felt a bit depressing, but as the two made their way out onto a balcony, Smiley's eyes widened, and she let out a long whistle. "Would you get a load of that" she said, with a fake Australian accent. "I'm pretty sure I could see my house from here" She said, once again giggling at her own joke.

Isalia lead Smiley through several hallways, all of which looked the exact same "A person could really get lost in here." Smiley noticed as they walked, that they passed up several labs "What's with all the labs by the way?" She questioned, as there seemed to be an abundance of them throughout the facility.

As they stood there in the courtyard, Smiley took an interest in the large tree at its center. How was something like this, growing in such a place. She wandered over to it and took a seat by the large tree, wondering what would peak her interest the most, the training rooms, or the labs. *Decisions, Decisions* she thought, as she looked up at the tree top. "I have a few places in mind, but how about you show me this fancy training room, ya'll got here" Smiley said, flashing Isalia a smile.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 27th 2015, 10:36 am

The training room huh? This was going to be fun. It was Isalia's favorite room, or rooms considering the fact there were multiple. If you wanted to train your powers, that was the place to do it. It used hard light technology to project pretty much any situation imaginable onto the room. Very fun if you didn't mind getting hit sometimes.

"Good choice." Isalia noted with a smile. This place was huge, so teleporting there was probably the best option. Isalia would stick her hand out and motion to her own teleportation device, hopefully the woman would catch on. If she did, they would both be ported to the training room in a flash of red. It was stark white and large, with holes all along the walls organized in perfect lines. These seemed to be what the light was projected from.

"Hector, threat level 1." Isalia said. In an instant the AI would listen, turning on the simulator and turning the room into a city block. The two females would find themselves in an alleyway with a masked man, one holding a knife and slowly walking toward them.

"Your move." Isalia said with a smile, allowing the woman to take the guy out. She did this because one she wanted to see the woman's skills and/or powers, and two...she seemed like she enjoyed a good fight.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon July 27th 2015, 7:31 pm

Smiley nodded at Isalia's acknowledgement of going to the training room. Her mind wandered as she tried to imagine what kind of room they were walking into. *If I've learned anything about this place, it's that they love black.* she thought, before noticing Isalia point to her teleportation device and then vanishing in a puff of red light. Smiley quickly followed suit, and was caught off guard by the blindly whiteness of the room, defiantly not what she expected.

She looked on as the room's AI set up a simulation, putting the two women in an environment similar to a city block, before them sat a slow approaching masked assailant with a knife. Smiley heard Isalia say your move and couldn't help but burst with laughter "Is that really the best you can do? this will hardly be a warm up.....If you could call it that." Smiley turned to the hologram with a knife and studied his stance, judging by the way he was hunched over and the way he was holding the blade forward, it was obvious it was going to go for a straight stab.

As soon as the hologram man made his move, Smiley sidestepped with perfect timing. She then reached up with her right hand, in mid movement, to grip the man's wrist. She then pulled her arm in the same direction the man had stabbed, causing his arm to twist, and stretch out across her ribs. With a hard tug, the man's arm snapped against Smiley's ribs, and was met with a follow up knee to the face, causing the hologram to collapse to the ground instantly. Smiley then turned to Isalia with a smile on her face "Like I said, not even a warm up." She finished by letting go of the holograms hand, causing it to fall to the floor like a pile of bricks.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 28th 2015, 9:05 pm

Ok, the girl had proven herself able to take down a simple target with about 0 effort. Isalia smiled at that, now she could turn up the heat a little, so to speak. The current theme seemed to be thugs, but you would be surprised just how much firepower they had. While in this room everything would feel as if it were real, gunshots, punches, everything. And if you 'died' you would be knocked out. It was some serious tech, likely the finest training simulator in the world.

"Hector, threat level 10." Isalia said, smiling and shooting the girl a look. It was still pretty mellow compared to what Isalia fought on a daily basis, but it would perhaps present a challenge. The room shifted into a tattered battlefield that looked to be somewhere in the middle east, and what do you know, stereotypical terrorists showed up. Two trucks pulled up, letting six people out each all that took cover and began firing their AK-47s at the pair. One also seemed to have a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher, probably the leader. He seemed to be getting distance. Isalia instantly threw up a telekinetic barrier around herself, which the bullets bounced off of. It wasn't known how the woman would deal with the assault, but it would be a good test even if she didn't.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon July 28th 2015, 9:59 pm

To be honest, Smiley wasn't very impressed with that first so called challenge, one thug was hardly anything to bat an eyelash at. With that, being said, Isalia had now commanded the computer to up the difficulty, hopefully this time it would make Smiley actually have to try. The cityscape quickly morphed into a war torn middle eastern village, as two trucks rolled up on the scene and off loaded what Smiley counted as twelve total assailants. They immediately opened fire on the two women, prompting Isalia to put up a barrier of some kind around herself.

Mean while, Smiley's face had gone from bored and disinterested to a sick maniacal grin. As a hail of bullets whizzed by her, she cracked her knuckles, and scanned for the two nearest baddies. Smiley broke out into a full sprint, completely disregarding the danger she was heading straight into, the bullets impacted her armor, causing bits and pieces of it to fly off in different directions as she charged at the two terrorists. A loud bang rang out as a sniper round tagged her in the shoulder, which caused her to lose a bit of momentum, but did not deter her from getting to the closest two people.

Smiley leapt over their cover, kicking one of the terrorists in the chest on her way over the small wall, as she recovered, she drew her knife and rammed it into the other ones neck, and driving him into the building they were next to, which provided her cover from the gunfire. At this point she ignored the pain in her shoulder, her healing factor would take care of that in a few minutes, instead she was more concerned with seeing how Isalia was handling this course.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 29th 2015, 4:42 pm

Isalia watched as the woman sped right at the guys and took a couple out. It seemed she took a sniper round as well, she seemed to be able to take it just fine and get to cover though. Isalia was just redirecting bullets away from her at this point, but she would make her move soon enough. She projected an illusion of herself leaping to cover, which prompted the terrorists to fire in that direction rather then where Isalia really was.

Next she unsheathed her sword, infusing it with red energy before launching it outward with telekinesis. It looked like pinball almost, bouncing from one target to the next at great speed. It hit the first, cutting his head off, the second, launching right through his chest creating a bloody mess, the third....well you get the idea. It went to every single one of the terrorists and before they even realized it the speeding crimson sword had killed them all, then the illusion faded and she sheathed her sword which had returned to her.

"Now that wasn't even a warm up." Isalia said with a grin before walking over to the woman. She would find her injuries were healed as the simulation ended. They could continue to go higher if the woman wanted, but really Isalia didn't know if she could handle the higher tiers.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon July 29th 2015, 9:12 pm

Smiley peaked out from her cover as she heard slicing and stabbing sounds, followed by bodies hitting the floor. From where she was, she could see Isalia telepathically manipulating a sword through the air, it was surrounded by an odd red glow, which Smiley shrugged off as being a side effect of the telekinesis. *What a cheater* Smiley thought, as the last terrorist was brought down, and Isalia began to approach "That was still pretty lack luster, I mean come on, where are the giants, dragons, and power crazy baddies at, every day crooks and terrorists are hardly a challenge." she said arrogantly, completely ignoring the fact that she had taken several rounds to the upper body, and had just barley healed the wounds.

"Besides, I'm over here trying to add a degree of difficulty by using only CQC and you go off and blade waltz through them, where the fun in that?" Smiley was beginning to take this short exhibition in the training room as a friendly rivalry now. At this point she wanted another challenge, so she could one up Isalia, but, weather Isalia wanted to continue or not, was entirely up in the air, and Smiley did still have a few more spots around compound to check out.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top