The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
CRASH! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
CRASH! I_vote_lcapCRASH! I_voting_barCRASH! I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

CRASH!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRASH! Empty CRASH!

Post by Thorgron January 5th 2015, 5:43 am

CRASH!
   "Canonbaaaaaaaaall!"

Basic Biography

Hero Name: CRASH!
   Title: Ricochet, The Pinball Wizard
   Alignment: LG
   Race: Metahuman - Caucasian
   Hair: Brunette
   Eyes: Brown
   Height: 5'7
   Weight: 140
   Blood type: O-

The Looks

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
Overenthusiastic and a bit of a spazz pretty well describe Chris. Add a large dash of thrill seeking and the general teenage invincibility complex and you basically get the picture. Everything is a new adventure to him. Even when he is in clear and present danger it doesn't seem to sink in as he's usually too busy having a blast. It's almost like sometimes he's in his own happy little world where everything will always turn out okay for him. And that's not entirely inaccurate. He has an almost sickeningly hopeful outlook on life, believing that there is always a silver lining and that people at their core are always good. All that combined tends to put Chris in dangerous and potentially destructive situations A LOT as he's likely to take one look at a situation and assume he's got the answer to it, even though more often than not he doesn't. As a teacher of his once told him, he's the kind of person that instead of just opening two doors to get to the room next, he breaks down the wall.

History:
Chris was born to Maria Able, a teenage single mother living in the slums of Chicago. Dad was out of the picture almost before the egg was even fertilized so a father figure was not something he had. What he got instead was one of the most caring and loving mothers a kid could ever ask for. From the moment he was born, Maria knew that Chris was something special, the happy ending to an otherwise toxic relationship. Unfortunately for her though, life as a single mother is hard and consuming. Disowned by her own parents for having a child at such a young age she was forced to find the cheapest place to live possible, which meant moving to a less than nice neighborhood. From that small apartment she took on the daunting task of raising a child and working to support him. Life was exhausting for Maria but she never let that show to Chris, not for an instant. He was her little angel, the constant ray of hope in her life and though she had little to provide for him in the way of material possessions she more than made up for it with imagination and cheer. That is not to say that she filled his head with disillusion, oh no. Chris was never made to think that they weren't poor or that things were not at times tough, but he was always taught to find the bright side, some little sliver of hope that could make life beautiful no matter the situation. These lessons Chris took to heart. The world could be bleak so there was no need to make it bleaker with a negative outlook. No instead he was raised into his teenage years with a seeming armor of optimism. It was like the darkness of the world somehow couldn't touch them, they'd find a way to be content no matter the situation.

As Chris got older he began to put together just how hard his mom had worked throughout his childhood. It only made sense to him that he begin contributing by getting a job and working to help support their small family. But he was never allowed to drop from school. Maria had made that mistake in her youth and did not want to see the same for her son. So Chris made his way into the world, going to school in the day and working night shifts when he could. On his ways to and from work at night he secretly always hoped to see one of the city's superheros in action. There was a certain thrill in the idea of crime fighting that made something stir in his very core. It didn't hurt that he felt a connection to the men and women that protected the city. Like he and his mother he thought, they understood the importance of optimism, of second chances. Not a hero that he knew of within the city would kill a criminal they came up against, no matter how dangerous. It was admirable and inspiring, just the kind of thing that Chris loved to see, good done for the sake of good. Secretly he hoped to one day help people in that manner. Lucky for him he'd get the chance. Six months after starting his night job as a janitor at his school a man attempted to mug him. Defensively Chris threw his hands up to defend himself and closed his eyes. When he opened them, he was surrounded in a pink ball of energy and the man who had attacked him had been flung across the street. Panicked, Chris tried to run from the scene only to fire off in the direction of the building he worked at, colliding with one of its walls and bouncing into a nearby tree before the bubble dispersed as fast as it appeared. The whole ordeal seemed to all happen so fast it took him a moment to catch up to himself but when he finally realized what exactly what had happened it was like the best gift he had ever received. Since that day Chris has been riding an emotional high to superheroism that he shows no signs of coming down from. With his newfound powers, Chris hopes to help the people of Chicago find a ray of light just like his mom had all through his childhood.

The Powers

Powers

Bullet Speed:
Chris is like a human sized battery for potential energy, constantly generating it at an incredible rate. Being filled to the brim with this near limitless power source allows Chris to perform some incredible feats of speed and acceleration. By expending large amounts of this potential energy he can instantaneously accelerate himself to a top speed of 7700 mph in any 3-Dimensional direction. Unfortunately such a drastic change of direction and speed tends to set him on a direct linear course with little wiggle room to redirect himself, so things like making a rounded turn are almost impossible. He has however at times been able to redirect himself immediately to another linear path moving through space similarly to a Tron-Cycle though this requires a massive amount of concentration for him to perform and is incredibly difficult to achieve. But above anything else, stopping is the hardest thing for Chris to do once he's started moving. Once set to speed his body consumes an amount of potential energy enough to sustain that speed indefinitely. This means that he can accelerate just fine up to his max speed but has yet to find a method of stopping that doesn't involve running in to something reeeeeaaaaally hard.

Tougher Stuff:
The real saving grace of Chris's ability because without it he'd have killed himself the first time he used his ability on account of his trouble stopping. As a side effect of being constantly supercharged with potential energy Chris's entire cellular structure has been changed. His body all over has become harder than reinforced steel. Bullets reflect off of him like nothing and even the likes of a bullet train running directly into him does him nothing in the way of physical harm. This has an added benefit of allowing Chris to use his body like a weapon, firing his super dense self at top speeds directly at his foes, almost assuredly causing much more damage to them than himself.

Ricochet!:
The only part of Chris's ability that shows itself physically. At will, he can expend some of the potential energy in his body to produce a perfectly circular kinetic barrier of translucent pink energy with himself at the middle. When active, the barrier bounces off of any surface it hits with a force equal to that at which it hit. Essentially this turns Chris into a human pinball, allowing him to ricochet like mad around an area without ever losing speed or momentum. When bouncing around like this he has a very hard time keeping track of his location and has almost no control over where he bounces to. He will not stop or slow down until either he removes the shield or it is popped by significant damage.

Weaknesses

What, Where'd They Go?
CRASH! may have blinding speed but unlike most speedster, his brain has not caught up with his body. Despite being able to move at speeds reaching mach 10 he has a very normal human reaction time. As you may be able to guess, this creates some serious problems for him and makes controlling his abilities nearly impossible.

If I Only Had a Brain
CRASH! is certainly not the sharpest crayon in the box. When it comes to a fight, he is most likely to shoot headlong at whatever he is taking on and assuming that his speed and durability will take care of it. When it doesn't he's unsure of what else to do.

Overcharged
Chris' body is constantly producing potential energy at astounding rates. If Chris does not find some way to expend that energy over the course of a day, he will start to suffer from uncontrollable and superhumanly violent tremors. If after the tremors he still does not use his ability, the pink energy that makes up the Ricochet bubble will radiate from his body in waves as it literally begins to rip itself apart. Though he has never let it get this far, if he does not use his abilities for a full 24 hours, his body will rip itself to pieces, killing him and creating an immeasurably massive explosion of pure kinetic energy. Because of this, CRASH does not sleep well, is constantly jittery, is horrible on stealth missions, etc. If a villain were ever to find a out about his weakness, they could very easily turn him into a limitless battery for whatever purpose they desired or restrain his use of the ability and turn him into some sort of doomsday device.

Physical Priorities
Endurance 1
Strength 2
Agility 3
Reaction 4

Last edited by Thorgron on February 17th 2017, 1:39 am; edited 3 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CRASH! Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

CRASH! Empty Re: CRASH!

Post by Forceaus January 6th 2015, 9:37 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron April 4th 2016, 3:53 pm

Updated CRASH! for the new system, using experience from retired Redline for speed increase.

CRASH! Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt April 4th 2016, 9:19 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron July 5th 2016, 2:15 pm

Retired

CRASH! Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shael Atterrius February 17th 2017, 1:22 am

Reapproved
Shael Atterrius
Shael Atterrius
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2015-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof May 7th 2018, 11:52 am

Crash crashed into retirement. For now.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down