The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_vote_lcapOver the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_voting_barOver the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_vote_lcapOver the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_voting_barOver the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) Empty Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite)

Post by Artemis April 22nd 2014, 1:49 am

Nyx had been traveling for so long. The piece of junk known as a space ship she was in was on it's last leg. She had been starting to doubt herself. She escaped two years ago and began searching for a rumor. She was a fool. It had been two months since she past by the last marker known marker of the last adventurer. She was low on water, out of food and the energy supply which when she bought this hunk of junk was supposedly 'just replaced and good for another 100 years.' Which was a load of crap because it was practically empty. Nyx rested her head on the head rest of the small craft. She was sure she had been in escape pods larger then this. Heck there wasn't even a retractable bed and she was forced to fall asleep in a non-reclining chair. Nyx watched the light on the dash of her craft flicker and glow with faint blue and green colors. She sighed, she had been trying to sleep for awhile now just just couldn't. She needed to stretch her legs but there was no room in the craft to stand. The most she could do was position her body so she could some what stand but that didn't help much. The loneliness and boredom was maddening, but overall she was happy she escaped. Even if it meant never returning home. Nyx slowly began to fall asleep, her overall fatigue getting the better of her.

---

Nyx was being pulled by the leather gem-studded collar around her neck about her inhibitor collar. Her master had gone out of her way of getting two special collars made for her. The first being the collar that prevented her powers from being able to be used and doubled as a shock torture device when she misbehaved. The second was the fancy collar which her master kept on her at all time. Her master loved to parade her around on a leash and when he was given the chance to do so in public he went all out. He loved to dress her in fancy clothes... or rather lack of. It already been 2 months since her capture and Nyx wished to die. But when ever the shock torture would get close to it, her master would turn the device off and leave Nyx to grovel on the ground. But currently her and her master where in a fancy space craft craft off to some fancy party.

Nyx would ask where but there was a gold and ruby ball-gag in her mouth. Her master put it there because last time he parade her to a party she had said some rather 'unsavory things' about her master and he was 'forced' to shock in in the middle of the room. Ever since then when ever she was taken somewhere or when she started talking to much he would shove the gag in her mouth. Heck even her hands where tied behind her back by some strange single leather sleeve that covered both of her arms to about half up the for arm. As for the rest of her clothes she was forced to wear what her master called 'formal clothes.' Even though all it was was a some very thin white and gold bra and panties that where about two sizes to small. To make a long story short the clothes pretty much covered her but where so see through it didn't really matter. But at least she was granted the luxury of some sort of sandal. Her master couldn't just let her go bare foot to such an important party. But whatever the party was it was in the inner ring. If Nyx had to guess it was some sort of party between higher ups in both rings to prove friendship. Although Nyx wished it wasn't.

After a few more moments Nyx was being pulled out of the vehicle. She resisted a bit just got a small shock to prevent her from fighting to much. She breathed heavily out of her nose to show her annoyance but it was ignored and she was lead into the building. She blushed slightly being so exposed to the large amount of people. Even though she was constantly told she would get used to the looks and the whispers. Nyx hated it. But it wasn't until she recognize two voices did she start to freak out.

It was her mom and dad. Her mom was just a simple artist who used her natural born powers to create some of the most intricate sculptures in the rim. Nyx had a bit of a knack for it too but no where near to the talent that her mother had. And then there was her father, who would be the entire reason the couple would be there. He was a politician, a rather high ranking one at that. She could hear them talking about how they where worried about their eldest daughter and they would keep up the search for her. They where convinced that she was safe and not in harm or captured by slavers. Nyx couldn't help but be transfixed on her parents. They hadn't noticed her yet... there was still time she just needed to escape. She tried to run the opposite way, but her master held tightly onto her leash. And after a few seconds of Nyx's rebellion pressed the button to the shock collar. Nyx's scream could still be heard clearly even through her gag. It was loud enough to stop everything that was going on in the immediate area, including the music. All eyes fell onto her, including the eyes of her parents. Nyx fell to her knees and then to the ground. Her master enjoying ever minute of it. Even though she wasn't facing them she could feel her parents surprised eyes staring on her. Nyx started to cry, from embarrassment, from sadness, from the fact that she had just torn her parents hopes to pieces because of that stupid law. It no longer matter who her parents where, she was branded a slave. And that's all she could ever be now. This would be the last time she ever say her parents. She remembered seeing them leave shortly after, averting their eyes from her.

---

Nyx woke up with a fight. The dream was vivid, but she wished it was only a dream. It was a memory and it still haunted her till this day. She pressed a button on the dash and the AC picked up. She was is a cold sweat but the AC felt nice on her skin. Pressing another button the blank wall in front of her lit up with the outside scenery. The star where different somehow. Heck she didn't even recognize any of the near by landmarks she saw when she checked to go to sleep. She had anchored herself in one area so she wouldn't move. She must of broke loose somehow. But the question was how long was she drifting for. All of a sudden there was a loud siren and flashing red lights all over the craft. The craft was being to shut down on her. Nyx cured to herself. Of all the times for this thing to die on her. She switched to a manual control and scanned for some planet she could crash on. Rather die on solid ground then in space.

The closest planet actually looked like it could support life. Nyx's heart skipped a beat. Did she do it? Did she reached the rumored, uncharted planet. Nyx put whatever power she had left into getting herself to that planet. Her ship died just as soon as gravity started it take over and plummet her to earth. With the monitor off she had no way of knowing where she was going, but she felt the heat of reentry burning her craft to shreds. The craft hit the ground and skidded a bit before crashing and making a deep creator in the ground. Nyx grabbed a device called a translator. It helped with language barriers back in the rim systems, why learn a new language when it can be translated to what you could understand and vice versa. It was an older model but after hearing a few voice samples of the natives it should help her understand them and them understand her. She forced the craft open and began to walk. Her unearth dress a deep contrast to the vast forest -lined plains she crashed in.

Nyx was happy that the air was actually breathable. She walked for a bit getting as far away from the crashed ship as she could. She was currently entering the forest on the far side of plains. It was then a huge wave of exhaustion washed over. If it was due to her crash landing, the many emotions she was feeling or the fact that this was the first she had walked in a long time she didn't know. Not being able to go on much longer she found a semi nice place that was out of immediate view to rest. She couldn't even lay herself down. She just kind of collapsed then passed out.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) Empty Re: Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite)

Post by Marina Bellamy May 7th 2014, 9:43 pm

Contrary to popular belief, Marina did not stalk the streets of Paris as Calypso looking for trouble... most of the time. Usually she was alerted by her alter-ego's website, there was a function on it that allowed people to send emergency updates with their phones of whatever was handy. Those were usually for things like high-profile people doing naughty things in the middle of the night. She didn't need an instant update to tell her about the massive impact explosion that had just occurred.

As soon as it happened, Marina threw on some dark clothes, grabbed her camera, and ran out the door. She wanted to make sure there was nothing to cover up when the government inevitably took control of the scene. Thankfully by the time she arrived, the only people on scene were cops. They were generally surprisingly susceptible to her powers. She approached the closest officer, a young man, with a coy smile. "What happened?" She asked in her native French, the words dripping with Siren allurement.

Predictably, the officer smiled back. "Something crashed; I'm not sure what. They're not telling us anything."

That was intriguing, even if it wasn't unusual."Would you mind letting me through so I can find out?" Marina asked, knowing that her request would be granted. Despite the officer's hesitance, he nodded and let her through. Before continuing on to the crash site, Marina turned to him with a smile still on her lips, "Thank you so much. Now, forget I was ever here." Marina stuck to the shadows as she moved, not wanting to be seen by someone on the off-chance they wouldn't be able to hear her. Thankfully it seemed that there weren't many people around, allowing her to easily make her way to the wreckage, snapping pictures as she went. Whatever crashed, it definitely didn't look like it was from Earth.

As someone who put a good amount of effort into looking into conspiracy theories, Marina already knew that aliens had long since been confirmed to exist. She hadn't even had to use her abilities to find out. The secret, if it could be called that at all, had probably been contained mostly by people dismissing those who were aware as crazy. There also weren't many instances involving aliens, in fact this was the first time Marina had encountered anything of the sort. So there wasn't much need for people to search out the information. Though it was never hard to find if someone did want the information, and would now be featured on Marina's website.

She had been snapping away with her camera when she noticed a trail leading away from the wreckage. Trying to keep from getting her hopes up, Marina followed the trail. Ever since she found out about the existence of extraterrestrials she had wanted to meet one, but she knew it was unlikely and she didn't want to be disappointed. Just this once though, she couldn't have been less disappointed. A little ways down the path, there was a figured that had collapsed on the ground. Marina let out a soft gasp in surprise.

Unfortunately she didn't have time to dwell on said surprise, as she could hear the cops approaching. Not trusting what authorities might do to the being in front of her, Marina decided to take the seemingly female alien with her, also grabbing what looked like a bluetooth earpiece that had fallen out of the alien's hand. When Nyx awoke, she had been placed on Marina's couch as the French girl watched her. "Can you understand me?" she asked, hoping she wouldn't have to switch to English. Her voice always sounded so weird pronouncing Germanic languages.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) Tumblr_inline_mhzcpivQUt1qz4rgp
click the image for her application
Other Characters:
Marina Bellamy
Marina Bellamy

Number of posts : 11
Job : Vigilante Photojournalist
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) Empty Re: Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite)

Post by Artemis May 8th 2014, 6:45 pm

Nyx sadly had a less then peaceful sleep. She was plagued by nightmares. Some of the past, her memories coming to haunt her. After she ran into her parents she was left empty and was easy to break. The thought of returning to what she once was tormented her. And then there where nightmares of what would happen. What her life would be once she would become recaptured. Her past life as a slave would probably be seen as living in the lap of luxury. Either way Nyx squirmed around her her sleep. But something caused her to wake up from her hellish dreams. And strangely enough it was comfort.

Nyx's eyes shot open. She fell asleep on rocks, not pillows. Not to mention she was now indoors. Her eyes shot around the room, taking in everything she could see. The room was nice and seemed to be put together by someone who knew what they where doing. It was a simple yet delicate design. What scared her though was that it reminded her of her quarters when she was a slave, not like she ever spent much time in them.  The design on the wall reminded her of the ocean, which is what they where probably what it was meant to show. Although there where some strange creatures also painted on the wall. And directly across from her was another woman. She looked like the strange creatures painted on the wall, minus the bottom half. The woman asked her something but Nyx didn't understand. The language was strange... way different then any she had ever heard. She jump off and couch and began to back up.

"Ve isja yquo? Rea Vensu!"asked Nyx, obvious fear in her voice. What she said would roughly translate 'who are you' and 'what do you want.' It was also at this point Nyx realised she wasn't getting any feedback from her translator. Usually once it picked up a new language it would scan it, search for any online sources of the language  and then translate it automatically. But Nyx didn't hear any feedback or even the device saying translating. She reached up to her ear and once she realized her translator wasn't there anymore she began to freak out.

"Genj vas!" yelled Nyx. She felt her heart beat at 100 miles per hour out of fear. It translated into "Stay back." She spawned a crystal in her hand. She grasped down on it and  and the crystal grew into what looked like a blade. She didn't know who this girl was but if she was going to try and keep her here, Nyx wouldn't mind putting her down.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Bellamy May 9th 2014, 6:20 pm

In retrospect, taking a passed out alien to her home had not been one of Marina's better ideas. Marina wasn't an idiot though, she had kept her distance in an attempt to keep the other being from freaking out too much. Obviously it hadn't worked as well as Marina had hoped, if the what happened after she woke up was any indication.

Marina couldn't understand what the alien was saying, but she sounded terrified. It was also quite clear that she didn't speak French, though that was to be expected. As soon as the crystal appeared Marina raised her hands, exposing her wrists to show vulnerability. It was a classic symbol of surrender. A bit too late, Marina realized that the symbol might actually mean something very different to the alien. All she could do was hope though.

Cautiously, she moved towards the coffee table, where the device that Marina had likened to a bluetooth earpiece lay. The girl had become even more distressed after patting her ear, leading Marina to believe the device was important somehow. Figuring it might spook the alien more if she tried to pick it up, she simply motioned towards it before backing away slowly. "I'm not going to hurt you." Her voice took on a slight hypnotic tone as she spoke. It wasn't enough to control or influence anyone but Marina hoped it might help sooth the other woman. "I am Marina," she said slowly, pointing to herself in emphasis.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Over the city and through sky to crash landings we will go. (Marina, invite) Tumblr_inline_mhzcpivQUt1qz4rgp
Other Characters:
Marina Bellamy
Marina Bellamy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis May 15th 2014, 5:46 pm

Nyx looked confused at the woman who by now put her hands up. It was a gesture she wasn't familiar with. But if these strange creatures had the same anatomy has her, it had the main arteries by the wrists. She slowed down her breathing, not unsure about this strange female. The female motion towards a table. Nyx wanted to keep her eye on the female so she took a quick glance. Her translator was laying on the table and Nyx slowly walked towards the table, only taking quick glances at where she was going. Her eyes where trained onto this strange woman. Nyx reached down and picked up her translator. Placing it in her ear she was able to hear the last part of the device saying 'Translation Complete.' So the device was kept on which was good.

"Who are you! What do you want with me?" said Nyx fiercely. The beginning of her sentence would of sounded strange to Marina. Almost robotic, but by the time she finished her questions it sounded like she was speaking fluent french, although the truth couldn't of been farther. To Nyx she sounded the exact same, she would hear what she understood and Marina would hear what she understood. She didn't like the fact that when the woman spoke she felt funny... kind of like she wanted to just curl up by her. Although the one word that stood out was Marina, it sounded like a weird name. But since she didn't have her translator in at the time she couldn't tell for sure.

"Why did you bring me here!" Demanded Nyx. Even though she was trying to hide it the fear in her voice was obvious.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Bellamy May 28th 2014, 2:36 am

Marina visibly relaxed when Nyx picked up the translator. Even if she didn't know what it did, Nyx seemed much calmer once the device was fastened to her ear. Not a moment later, Marina discovered what the device did as Nyx spoke again, but this time in French. By the robotic tones, it was clear that the device was translating for Nyx, even as the robotic voice gave way to a more natural-sounding one.

"My name is Marina Bellamy; I want to help you," she said, her voice deep with relief and honesty. The only thought she'd had while bringing Nyx back to her home was that the alien was in danger. It would be disastrous if the wrong people found her, possibly for both of them. "I brought you here so you wouldn't be harmed." It wasn't hard to pick up on the fear in Nyx's voice, but Marina didn't call attention to it. Instead, she continued using the power of her voice to soothe the other. "Can you tell me your name?" Marina asked, about to offer her hand out of instinct before realizing that handshakes likely weren't done in Nyx's culture. The resulting motion resembled an awkward muscle spasm.

Other Characters:
Marina Bellamy
Marina Bellamy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top