The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jager
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Trigger
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2024, 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapEncounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_voting_barEncounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapEncounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_voting_barEncounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin]

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 Empty Re: Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin]

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 19th 2014, 4:05 am

His fingers were beginning to sting, flesh turning an agitated red as the cold began to take effect in the tissues of the male. What kept frostbite from taking effect was the fact that his flesh was continually rejuvenating itself, which still baffled the male. As far as he knew, he was no metahuman and regeneration seemed too situational of an ability to appear even if he were one, unless of course it were somehow granted to him. Then the question was who had done it, and how. Slowly he would attempt to remove the drying blood from his ears, more of it sloshing out of his canals in thick globules , yet that did not completely restore his hearing. Still, one voice could tear through the deafness and that was the voice of the male that was perhaps trying to help him.

He ordered Alex to get onto a nearby dumpster and so he would, crawling up on it, and sitting there while he waited. The added elevation would prove helpful in some ways, but why did he want him up here? All he could do was watch as the male unleashed more of the arrows upon the Banshee, though something else was behind the assault. As if he were aiming for something in particular, and the Banshee was slowly being lured into whatever it was that the male had in mind. It was made obvious soon enough that he was attempting to somehow have the Banshee be swept up within the strange substance that he was raining upon it, though it only seemed to disappear within a flash, no mist, only it suddenly flickering out of view.

Yet the male seemed to do something similar, turning into a liquid and joining the liquids that were sloshing about on the ground. So he planned to hide himself within the liquid below him? Alex thought over this, feeling over the now healed area of his chest that was once ripped asunder. Within an instant there was the chilling feeling as if it had appeared rather close to him, and then he felt something sharp pressed against his neck, like daggers almost. These fingernails lightly dug into his skin, drawing a trickle of blood that ran down the soft flesh of his neck, before being raked harshly across his throat, drawing a rather large gout of blood from his throat, as some of it bubbled from his mouth, eyes widening in brief shock. It was only the healing factor placed upon him that kept Alex from dying.

Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1031
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 Empty Re: Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin]

Post by Zell March 19th 2014, 5:50 pm

The creature had bypassed Matthew, which only made him smile. The sudden change of location would not destroy Matthew's plan, in fact it enabled it. With the Banshee at Alex, it had it's back to the puddles, which slowly moved towards the creature, Matthew concealed within. It raked it's nail across Alex's throat, and while Matthew would normally be concerned slightly, he knew full well that with the Regeneration he bestowed upon the child, he would only feel pain...and he could suck it up and deal with it if it meant surviving this ordeal. Matt as a liquid used his Biochemical manipulation to wrap himself around the banshee, and solidify upon it, before arching up and attempting to force the large excess of liquid into the creature's mouth as it went and attempted to scream. Much of the Sin filled into the creature, condensing, pressurizing and crystalizing, until all that remained was a little puddle, that began to bubble as Matthew re-emerged from behind the Banshee and kicking it, with the intent of shattering it, weather he could or not was another story...though if all had gone as he intended he would be able to shatter the thing with little trouble. If not, Matthew had another plan... Gleipnir was tattered, but far from destroyed...it would take a long time for it to recover form one last tactic, but he'd bind the incorporeal creature and sacrifice the ribbon to charge and destroy it.

Matt leaned against the dumpster and looked over Alex's shirt before taking ahold of it, and taking it by the tear he began tearing it a little more and pulling out an X-acto knife and cutting out a little piece of the cloth. He then sighed and held up a finger, as if saying "one sec" or "hold up". He then placed his hand on the boy's shoulder, calling back his regenerative power, healing over his ear-drums before he returned the regeneration to the boy. He then rolled the cloth he cut from the boys shirt and placed it in his ear, twisting it and seeming to shovel with it as it removed the blood. "That's better. I can at least hear again... How do you like being virtually immortal?" Matthew asked. The question was more geared to familiarize the boy with him, at least to the extent that...in all honesty Matthew felt odd having this dude just following him. "It's rather irritating needing to multitask powers." He stated to himself, though the volume of his voice very well may have been loud enough to hear. It probably sounded more stinging than it was meant to, though Matthew hadn't thought it through...surprisingly. It felt...creepy to an extent..having this dude following him. The guy was probably really nice...but it was painstakingly obvious that they were both introverted in nature....and a freaking out introvert is not a fun introvert....which is why Matthew reasoned that he needed to try and keep stimulation to a minimum...or keep it fixated. Though he turned and began walking again. He froze up again, where the Hell was he going? He didn't know where he was taking this kid, or what he was supposed to do at the moment. Perhaps he would be better off randomly ditching the kid in like...Wal-Mart or something. Well, he might not have to, but still... this was all on his shoulders and it was becoming a burden he simply no longer wished to bear... He sighed and groaned as he leaned up against a brick wall, the warmth of the surrounding region was enough to make him relax a little more. True he could not feel the could, but he COULD feel his muscles relaxing. Why does Matt have to meat all the Freaks?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 19th 2014, 6:21 pm

So he was being bled like a pig on a dumpster. Normally this would have been the perfect time to panic, and he was panicking, but chocking on your own blood somewhat impedes ones ability to panic. So instead he was resigned to gurgling lowly while the blood bubbled up within his mouth, and he found breathing somewhat…impossible. So his body did what it did best, which was fall uselessly against the dumpster and kind of bleed there, until the healing thing kicked in. While he had an idea he would not die from this, having your throat slashed still hurt like a bitch and it would until healed. However the whole fight with the Banshee was not done as it still seemed to be…not dead. Well until all of the strange liquid began to move, all of it being aimed for the screaming creature, though it wasn’t screaming now, not yet.

The flesh over his damaged throat was beginning to heal, including windpipe and anything else in association with that region. Along with that slowly the pain and inability to breathe would go along with that, once he began top hack up the blood still within his throat anyway. Until then he was kind of shit out of luck with that whole thing. Still he could watch what happened next, as the liquid all seemed to be forcing itself down the monsters throat as it attempted to scream, to push away all of the liquid that was rushing it. Then something rather unnerving happened, as all of the liquid then crystalized within the Banshee, more than effectively disabling it. It was then a rather fragile looking statue in the shape of its former self, black spires jutting out of the frame somewhat.

Within an instant the male would appear and kick this statue, shattering it loudly. The bits of Banshee and whatever that substance was would fall to the ground before shattering then, littering the floor. Alexander felt over his throat, feeling that it was healed for the most part and then coughed up any residual blood within his throat and mouth, wiping away any that clung to his mouth on the back of his hand. He did not even flinch at this point when the male cut off a bit of fabric from his shirt, though Alex did slightly begrudge it. It was kind of his favorite sweater/shirt thing and the thing was getting absolutely wrecked today. He began to dig out the dried blood in his eardrums, and Alex simply did the same, finally able to hear with clarity. It was a pleasant feeling really, and allowed him to hear the question directed at him.

Would he answer him or was it just some kind of sarcastic remark? It was something that he could not really discern, yet something told him it was the latter anyway. However the latter statement did cause the breath that he was just getting control of to hitch in his throat. If he could surmise anything by that statement, it was that he was perhaps taking up that healing thing from the male that was combating the Banshee. Which meant that if he were not here in the first place, then the guy would have not been so burdened by his…lack of help. Considering that all he had done so far was kind of sit on a dumpster and get bled out like a stick pig. ”It's nice I suppose.” He muttered loud enough for the male to hear him, stained with the accent that he unconsciously used.

The male started to walk away, though stopped for some reason. Alexander slowly kicked his legs over the edge of the dumpster before dropping down to the street himself, looking to Matt as if silently evaluating him. While he seemed like a nice enough guy, something told him that he was only bugging him, burdening him in some way. He awkwardly ran his fingers through the back of his hair before then cross arms over his chest and looking to the sky.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac March 19th 2014, 8:12 pm

"Oh Right.... Alexander." Matt said, remembering the accent after the male spoke. The new kid from Spanish who needed to introduce himself, though The English accent sort of made everything better...primarily because Matthew enjoyed hearing accents...if not to genuinely attempt to mimic them later on. He ran a hand down his face as he produced a little growl. The other male seemed to look into the sky. Matt was simply relaxing at this moment, trying to discern his next move. He found himself looking to the other child, whom looked up... at the moment it appeared as if he were a child lost in thought at the stars.

"It's nice out, huh?" He started. He might as well TRY to console the kid. It's not every day this happens to someone, though he was taking it all pretty well, Matt had to admit that much if nothing else. The Kid should VERY much so be dead, and yet here he was, just...chilling out with his thoughts. "I know this is a lot to take in on your first night here, but you're taking it like a pro, so just keep calm and you'll get through this." Matt sighed as he propped himself up, staggering slightly as he used the wall to steady himself. He cleared his throat and began to walk on. His next destination was none other than Wal-Mart. No he wasn't going to ditch the kid there, though he didn't think he needed to drop the kid off at his house to go in to his parents with torn up clothing and blood everywhere.

"Alright, we're gonna keep moving." Matt said as he began walking, hoping the kid would follow. Though he didn't get too far before turning. He then took from his left ring finger the silver band with the ruby encrusted within and he tossed it to Alex, alerting him first with a "Hey, catch" first. A keepsake sure, but it was more for the bonus of the fact he would be able to disappear from any other attackers they may encounter. Oh Yes, Matt already knew there was a third. These kinds of attacks with these same creatures are always the same. "When something like that happens again just imagine that you're invisible..." he instructed on how to use the ring before nibbling on his lower lip slightly trying to recall how to get to Wal-Mart from here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Encounters of the Sinful variety [Sin] - Page 2 Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Number of posts : 643
Job : Your salvation through destruction.
Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 19th 2014, 8:32 pm

So the guy knew him name? Alex looked to him curiously for a moment, his gaze moving from the plain starless sky to him. That only further reinforced his assumption about the male being from his school, and possibly even from one of his classes. Not that he went out of his way to introduce himself anyway, well save for that time in Spanish, so that meant he was likely somewhere in there. He would have asked how he knew him, yet with everything that was happening, how found talking even harder than before. It wasn’t every day that he got assaulted and nearly killed by mythical beings that earlier today he would have thought were myth. Thinking of that caused his fingers to trace over his throat, as if he could still feel the flesh torn and bleeding. Chewing on his lower lip, the male turned to the one that had helped him.

”Yeah, its nice.” He muttered the coldness within the area seeming to slowly abate, and his flesh becoming grateful for it. Externally he was taking everything well, but internally he was freaking out, simply wanting to retreat to his room and think over everything. Maybe after that he could internalize it, rationalize this as anyone would try to. He could have played it off as some kind of strange metahuman occurrence, yet the whole not dying thing kind of blew that out of the water. His mind was reeling with everything that had happened, and so he simply fell silent and listened to whatever the male said, letting it get thrown into the train wreck that was his mind. A small sigh slipped through his lips, forming a rather thin cloud within the fading cold.

So they were gonna keep moving? Alexander had no real problem with that, considering that he wanted to keep moving too. If it meant not standing around when more of the monsters appeared here, then he would have been all for it. What caught his attention was the male throwing him a ring, something that he caught but nearly dropped. Alexander looked over the ring for a second before letting it slip onto his left ring finger, though it seemed slightly lose. If something like that happens again, just imagine he was invisible? ’I’ll keep that in mind.” Alex said lowly with a nod, looking to the ring with a rather curious expression, wondering if it was some kind of…magical trinket. Following after Matt, he would simply wait to see where the male was bringing him.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac March 19th 2014, 9:32 pm

Wal-Mart. This was the place to be. Especially when someone needed clothing to an extent... granted it wasn't an American Eagle thing or nothing, but it was certainly something other than "Hey look at me I look like I just came from a murder." He brought the kid with him, warranting a strange look form the older lady who was a greeter. Matt just smiled sweetly before high-gearing it into a power-walk as he moved through the store. If Alex weren't moving quick enough he'd probably have to grab the kid and drag him right along, because let's face it... this was not a normal circumstance. He would rush quickly to the plain old pack of white tee shirts that he assumed to be about Alex's size before he grabbed a pair of Levi's and handed them to the boy. "While I'd love to give the attire a little more personality I think you're like me in the sense that dull and no attention is the best attention. Besides...I'm broke...I have twenty dollars..." Matt confessed as he found himself rather embarrassed by the concept he didn't have money. he quickly got over it. It's not like his financial issues were anyone's issue. Besides...he was broke right now...no one needed to know about the money he had stashed at his house.

A shudder racked him and he couched as he sniffled a little. He was going to play it off as if he got a cold, but he already knew what was going on. The last of those damned things was on it's way, and Neither Matthew nor Sin had any idea of what was coming. They should probably minimize their time in one area, with any luck they could just scapegoat the thing. Why did Matthew not believe that in the slightest? He let out a little sigh as he awaited the fate of the clothing he offered to purchase, and he made a mental note to look at the sweater tag, should he get the opportunity, wanting to see who made it and such. Kid seemed rather sour over losing the damned thing. There was a growling in his stomach as he punched himself in the gut, trying to silence the gurgling of hunger pains. He wasn't used to eating until later... he would wait... at least until he was safe.... was ditching this kid still an option? The kid probably suspected him of doing so...well he would be pleasantly surprised...Matt didn't have the balls to ditch him... damn him being too nice...

Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 19th 2014, 9:57 pm

Walking through the Wal mart entrance was an interesting experience, considering that he had never been to one of these before and that his shirt had a huge hole in it, which showed off his abdomen rather well. Not that there was much to show off anyway, considering that he was a toothpick compared to most his height. His temporary…friend thing seemed to be walking ahead, only offering the greeter a passing wave as they walked along, alexander making sure that he did not fall far behind. Where they were going was what looked like the clothes isle, where a lot of plan clothing was, perhaps something for him to change into. Why was he doing this anyway? Alx had to wonder this to himself as he looked over to the male, who seemed to be offering to buy him some clothing with his rather meager funds. The look he gave Matt was one that seemed to be asking why he was doing this.

Looking to the clothing that was offered to him, Alex wondered something to himself before taking the clothes handed to him. The fact that he was offering to even buy the clothes with what he had was somewhat jarring, though perhaps it was some kind of misplaced generosity. If that were the case, then was he some kind of hero? No, usually heroes had some kind of costume, something to hide identities or whatever that was. ”Um thanks.” He said meekly, looking to the clothes and then back to Matt, perhaps the shock of the events slowly beginning to fade away. His stomach gurgled lightly, probably in hunger but then again Alex had no eaten anything all day.

Well, if Alex had any money he would have gotten himself something to eat, yet that was not the case, so he would have to deal with what he had. Then came the male shuddering, which caught him slightly off guard, considering that it was not even cold in the building. Well, it did not feel cold in here anyway, so it must have been something else, right? For the moment all he could do was walk around with the rather cheap looking clothing thrust into his arms, following after Matt as he would walk around, probably avoiding things that would converge on the area. Something told him that there was something that was drawing all of these monsters to the area, and if it were him, then maybe the guy would find it better to just leave him be. Something like this confused Alex, not that he would go around asking about it.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac March 19th 2014, 10:50 pm

Matt walked up to the register, snagged the price tags off of Alex's new clothing and swiped them through the self-check out. No bagging for either item, then he paid the total. Hey 18 and something bucks wasn't bad, considering most of those were due to the jeans. He took the change and the receipt and handed it to Alex. "In case you decide to bring them back." Matt said. In truth he didn't even think of the fact that that would mean the kid randomly collects eighteen something and he was out that money. Then again, monetary things were mundane things, and as such he needed to worry about no such thing. He walked out of the store, smiling at the lady and saying goodbye he ventured out into the parking lot. He scanned the area, he did not feel good about this by any means. He took himself out to the main road. Keeping in public eye was one of those things that supernatural creatures (the ones Sin normally dealt with anyways) tended to avoid. Wouldn't you know today was the day he and this new kid were being followed by one of the few that did not care. The thing just did not care.

There was no care in the world as a large creature roared and flipped a car and let out a terrifying growl. He stood taller than a normal grown man, which meant he was a lot taller than Matthew for that matter. Matthew sighed as he stepped back. The creature glared at Alex, it's eyes began to glow and he produced a yellow flame, looking to Alex. Matthew was beginning to notice a trend here. These things just wanted the boy apparently. What was he the Demon Prince or something? Run away form home or some anime bullshit like that? Matt hummed, there was nothing he could see that attracted the creature to Alex... then it must be something he couldn't see...or sense. The creature lunged, Matt dove into Alex, knocking him down, as his arm was snagged, it disconnected, seeing as the danger was rather imminent. The arm turned to a puddle of the black ooze known as sin, and the his secondary arm reformed as he temporarily took his regen factor back, just to bestow it once more...and sadly now he was stuck without his regen for a bit, lest he accidentally mess up and have it backfire.

"Wonderful...." Matt groweled as he shot up to his knees and then to his feet.

grid:

Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 19th 2014, 11:12 pm

After acquiring the clothing, the two would then make their way to the register, Alex only hovering a few steps behind Matt as his eyes darted about cautiously. Something told him that there was something dangerous nearing, and if that were the case then he would likely have to prepare for whatever trouble was on its way. It took only a few minutes, but the clothing was bought, the cost itself appearing to be less than what this guy had, which meant that he did not totally sap him of all his cash. Which meant that at least he would not have to worry about scarring everyone with the unfortunate view of his midriff. After being handed the bag containing his clothes and a receipt, he would continue to follow after, though to where his mind had not fully internalized.

All he knew was that they were now stepping out into the parking lot, Alex holding the bag over the gaping hole in his shirt. It was chilly, but nowhere as cold as it was when they were dealing with that…thing not too long ago. Not that he seemed to be planning to stand around in the parking lot long, as the male simply began to walk along, Alex following anyway. If anything else attacked, he had a feeling that he would only be safe around this guy, considering that the police would likely be of no help. Even now he was still looking around for anything that would leap out of the primordial darkness and attempt to reduce him to a pile of mush. Not that he wasn’t becoming used to things trying to reduce him to a pile of mush in the first place, considering that he already had two things attempt that within the last hour.

Another would only make it the third. Not that he was used to it either, considering that Alex was still trying to get some control over his thoughts, which were raging like a river. What heralded the arrival of another monster was the sound of something being slammed into, before colliding with the ground; followed by a guttural growl that caused the hairs on the back of his neck to raise. So he was not going to get any sort of break yet? No, it seemed that anything supernatural wanted a piece of the poor boy known as Alexander. This one was by far the most dangerous looking out of everything yet, and its fiery eyes were upon the male now. It was now obvious that the thing wanted him, but why the hell did they?

He was slammed into, glasses flying from his face as they skittered along the concrete. Alex cursed internally as he slammed into the ground, though it was far better than being struck by the might of the creature. For a second he could feel the pain of his elbow slamming into the ground, which meant that once again he found himself hurt yet the strange regeneration did not immediately kick in. He took note of what appeared to be an arm being taken off and then within a second another one forming, before it seemed that this healing thing returned to him. It probably meant that somehow he was healing him, but the question was how. Reaching for the glasses that clattered to the floor, Alex took note that they were for the most part wrecked now, which meant that he would have to deal with his now impeded sight.

Quickly pushing to his feet, he glared at the monster before stepping behind Matt, as if simply letting him take control of whatever was happening, placing the broken glasses into his pocket.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac March 20th 2014, 12:23 am

Why was this no surprise that this was left up to Matt. Not like the child could truly do much, but still it was one of those little things he couldn't help but feel burdened by. Granted it wasn't as if he wouldn't gladly fight for this kid, but he had a deep seeded issue with having to do all the work himself. He would need to make a golem or something to beat people up for him. This was just getting annoying, having to physically fight these things when he had no particular power of his own. He found himself rather irritated by this. The creature turned upon him, running after him as if to attack. Matt found his eyes glowing, flashing a brilliant blue before he began to emit a shell like barrier, quintessence energy sparking out. The creature went to claw at him, though it's arm was zapped by the Quintessence energy and it dematerialized. It was then that Matthew began to notice... this thing's arm was regenerating? Matthew very, very quickly put two and two together. This creature was emulating himself. The glowing yellow...much like when Matthew Augmented himself...the grotesque form was something that Matthew could accomplish through his bio-chemical manipulation, though NOW it emulated his regeneration.
    (The creature now has 8 Regeneration)

"Well...fuck me." Matt groaned as he summoned forth Ichavial, both pieces slipping out form under his sleeve yet again and swinging out violently before snapping back into place and a drawstring forming. He drew it back and fired out at the creature, all ten shots plastering it, causing it to roar...but the damn regeneration kept it from Death. Wonderful. Matthew had to fight a stronger version of himself. The creature leapt over him and dove right for Alexander. Matt ripped off the small amulet from under his shirt, not the draconian one, but another that he wore. His little English friend might notice it, as he held it up and the amulet vanished, as if turning to plasma before reappearing before Alexander. The amulet suddenly absorbed any and all damaged the beast would have caused in his attempt to hit the child, even going as far as to absorb the pain. The old English/Anglican amulet, Hrothgar's Haven rested around Alex's neck and began to cool down as the gem shown brightly, revealing it has been exhausted and was still processing and steaming off the damage it absorbed before hand.

Matthew allowed the quintessence shell to fade as he growled. This was not looking good for him. At this rate he'd need to give into Sin in order to survive this...or rather, to make sure this other dude survived this. Matthew's mind began to wander. What was this thing's objective, and why was it so obsessed with Alex?
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 20th 2014, 12:37 am

When dealing with hulking monsters that could toss cars over with a casual back hand, Alex could not do much to help, considering that he barely did much against things that seemed far weaker than this. He was quite the burden to handle when dealing with monstrous creatures, yet that was not really his own fault, save for being born weak as he was, unlike the various metahumans that one saw on the television. If he had died earlier, perhaps the male would not be worrying about him to begin with, but the whole regenerating things did keep him from doing that in the first place. All he could see was the blurred form of the monster that was aiming to kill him, or rather it was aiming to kill him along with the guy protecting him.

Chewing on his lower lip, Alex considered a way that he could prove helpful in this little fight and nothing came to mind, as if he could do nothing. Being a burden was rather annoying, especially when it came down to hulking monsters like these. What he could tell however was that some sort of impromptu lighting had appeared  from a shell that formed around Matt and took off one of the powerful arms that rose form the body of the best, not that it was impeded for long. Within an instant a new arm rose from the charred stump that remained, reforming with a rather startling speed. So the thing could now regenerate? If this went south any further, Alex had a feeling that they would both end up dead, well he would likely end up dead when the guy had to revoke that regeneration thing of his.

Not that he could really blame him for doing so in the first place, as it would much better serve him than on someone that could only use it to keep from dying. Then came the strange amulet, one that would appear around his neck within an instant, and through the only working lense, he took note that it was a rather familiar one. Then came the rain of attacks that would fall upon him, or rather should have, save for the fact that this amulet was somehow keeping them from being fatal blows. So the amulet that was offered to him had managed to keep bloody death at bay, falling warmly against his chest; as if cooling down from the punishment that it averted. Unless something was done soon about the regenerating horror, they would be in for a world of hurt, one that he was not too excited about going through.

Knocked onto his rear, Alex looked up to the monster before looking to Matt, as if silently wondering what he had planned now.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac March 20th 2014, 1:40 am

Well that was a nice stop to things at the moment. He grunted and ran off towards the creature before firing off Ichavial some more, ten arrows every pop, six pops. The creature left Alex alone, if not just to look back at Matt and turn for him. Matt was trying to be careful in the sense that he had no idea what was going on at them moment and he didn't want to make a wrong step. Every step must have a purpose, and it must be deliberate and thought out. Always be five steps ahead of yourself, and ten steps ahead of them. He watched as the creature began to walk for him. He knew he had to keep this thing off Alex, and he was doing that okay at this point...though it made Matthew wonder. Why was this thing simply targeting Alex and not him more than it already was?

Matthew sighed, he thought he finally understood the situation. The boy, Alex encountered a creature. This creature hit him. what if when it initiated it's attack...it marked him? Akin to the way killing a bee causes pheromones that attracts other bees. This one, however was established upon contact. Therefore...if the beast could not perceive Alex...it would no longer feel inclined to follow. The truest issue, lies in the question of what happens then? Does the creature relent? Does it simply track Alex down after he can perceive it again. Matt had an idea...it was a long shot...but it was an idea. He needed to get to Alex first though. Perhaps he would be able to better even the playing field... but he needed to get to his new little friend first.

"Come and get me..." he muttered to himself, augmenting himself with greater reaction time due to the ever useful Cintimani stone. (+4 FS) Then he proceeded to dash off to the side, making sure to fire out Ichavial once more, this time teleporting to the puddle of Sin closest to Alex. "Got any ideas?" He asked with a slight hum. The way he asked it though...it was akin to the way a teacher asked the question....Matthew already knew the answer...but he was almost asking as if to get the other dude to think. He hummed for a moment...he wouldn't need to do what he initially planned. He would be safe. Rather than remove Alex from the equation he would solve the problem here and now... The creature just needed to charge them...and Alex needed to stay alive.

Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 20th 2014, 1:59 am

Alexander lightly touched the amulet that hung around his neck, fingertips dancing over it as he considered everything that was happening. All in all it was just too fantastic for him to really understand, save for the fact that he was dealing with something of a supernatural persuasion. What could he do now, against something like this? The feeling of helplessness was horrible, and yet he would have to deal with, or at the very least try to. It was this feeling that he hated more than anything, being unable to help, or being some kind of burden. Any attempts to help would have only ended with him pancaked across the concrete, so he would mostly avoid doing anything like that, just staying out of the range of the monsters attacks.

Meanwhile the male would continue in his attempts to either kill the monster or at least try to distract it until they could make an escape. Slowly the strange substance would begin to pile up upon the street once again, burbling ever so lightly as it would seek to spread out, and perhaps once again serve as an agent that the male could travel through, increasing his range of movement within the fight. Then there was the sound of Matt's voice, yet it was closer, inquiring about what he could do. Did he have a plan that would help in dealing with the monster? No, Alex had no such plan and he was unsure he could even bullshit a plan at such short notice, so all he could do was answer truthfully.

”None at all” He answered shaking his head to indicate that he indeed had nothing within his mind that would work. His fingers balled up tightly into fists as he chewed on his lower lip, mostly annoyed with his overall powerlessness, his inability to help in any manner whatsoever. Taking a few steps back, he looked to the puddle that Matt had sprouted from and then the beast that was constantly trying to kill him or the male.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell March 20th 2014, 4:20 pm

Well this would be a rather different battle of sorts. The creature bellowed out with a fierce roar and picked up a large black coach bus and tossed it at the boys. Matt hoped the boy had enough common sense to be prepared as he noticed the creature lifting it. Providing that he noticed the beast lifting the bus. Matt dove forward and twisted onto his side, scuffing up his jacket sleeve, but nothing much more than that, thankfully. He groaned as he pushed up to his knee and looked to the beast. He looked back to Alexander, finding himself concerned with the other male's safety against this creature. This very well may end up with Matthew having to raw upon his inner power...the one he dreaded oh so much. He would need to bring this beast farther away form public eye first...which running was good...considering that he and this male were actually of equality in the terms of uselessness at the moment. He shot a cluster of arrows right at the creature's face, connecting with is face ad his shoulders with three arrows, the others missing and following through their trajectory and making impact on the ground. With the creature's attention, Matthew began running, though before he completely ran, he was careful to ensure the other male did not need any help.

If help were required it would be a rather difficult, but nothing he couldn't work with. If the male were to run with him Matthew could assist him in his speed and endurance, but that left Matthew himself rather exposed. Granted it was exactly what Matthew wanted, but that was still something to be taken into account. He could use the Citnimani stone again soon, but not soon enough. He'd need to hold out for just a little longer...

Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 20th 2014, 5:01 pm

The creature unleased a loud roar, reaching for a bus and then hefting it over its head, and it seemed that it aimed to throw the damn thing right at them. Alex cursed lightly to himself for his now ruined depth perception, and kind of went along with it. Quickly rolling to the side, the bus careened a foot overhead before slamming into the concrete, the sound of metal twisting ringing out through the night air. It seemed that things were only getting intense from here, and he was not liking this one bit. Turning to Matt to see if he had some kind of answer to the situation, all that came from him was more of the arrows being thrown at the creature, some of them slamming into its face. While they did not damage it, it seemed that these arrows did their job in blinding the monster, which probably meant they had a precious few moments to get away.

Something that his rather interesting…acquaintance seemed to be taking advantage of as he ran in the opposite direction, and so he followed suit. Something told him that this running would only get them so far, but he would have to try anyway, so long as this got them away from the beast that was continually trying to kill him. Where would they be running anyway? Something told him that if they escaped from that thing, another would come to do this whole song and dance once again.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell March 20th 2014, 5:39 pm

Matthew tossed the Cintimani Stone at Alexander, who seemed to be running along with him at this point. The gem would force itself to find Alex's hand with little to no hassle at all. When it did, Alex would find himself rather.... well off considering his running speed. (+3 running speed +1 Durability (endurance)) and as far as getting tired that was not an issue really. Even if the boy had to stop he wouldn't truly need to rest more than a second or two, thanks to Matthew's regeneration he had been blessed with. Matthew on the other hand at worst could use his own power bestowal (not even knowing he was doing it) to augment his own speed, and he's just have to muscle through the pain. (+2 Speed). He was certainly showing of the wide receiver in him, but the endurance was not the greatest at this moment. He ran, and ran and ran, going off the road and down back towards the beach, just far enough away form most people this time of night.

His lungs were on FIRE to be certain, but he kept going, his shirt started to soak up as he stopped, leaning over as he began trying to breathe. He was certainly worse off than Alex at this point. Goddamn it he really had to make some sacrifices to help this dude. He kept breathing in trying to regulate his breath so he could continue on. He missed his regeneration...he missed his assortment of artifacts. He really, missed being able to make himself stronger and more durable. He just wanted to study some creatures and this guy pops up. Matthew was mentally cursing himself for helping the child. The child would be dead and it wouldn't make a difference if he just left him... but it would matter to Matt. He couldn't let this dude die like that...maybe it was because this kids night was turning out to be more lick his own first night learning of the occult.... maybe it was because Matt thought the kid needed some slack. Honestly, he didn't know what it was, and he wouldn't pretend to know why he was helping him. But he was committed to it, and just because it was inconvenient now didn't matter... he was going to get this guy through this...or die trying. Though with the way his lungs felt right now...both was a probable option.

"Just gotta get to the beach...come on...let's go, stupid legs." He said to himself as he took off running again. The creature was obviously in pursuit, you old hear it raging behind them, though Matt knew that he was likely slower than it still. Alex had a nice means of escape though...for now. Matt virtually collapsed on the sand, dropping to a knee as the creature closed in on it's final meters. Alex was likely not far by, Matthew's first priority, finding the bugger and knowing exactly where we was at all times.... now where was he, what was he doing? He was crucial to this. The creature roared and lunged, landing just before Matt, who just backed away slightly after reaching as close to Alex as he could. The creature stopped and noticed Alex before growling again, as if it completely forgot about Matt. Damn curse. "You can swim right? 'Cuz you're going to here in a second, when I tell ya, okay?" He warned the child. Matt charged assuming the kid was going to agree with him. The creature grabbed Matt's arm and yanked. Thankfully Anatomical liberation was a blessing Matt loved having, and knew how to use. The creature dismissed him as wounded as it began to glare at Alex. Alex just needed to keep alive for another second, and this would be all over.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top