The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_vote_lcapFuture-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_voting_barFuture-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_vote_lcapFuture-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_voting_barFuture-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Future-Shock: The world to the waves (Nu and The Grey)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 Empty Re: Future-Shock: The world to the waves (Nu and The Grey)

Post by The Grey March 20th 2016, 10:12 pm

At first, Jardin was confused.  He knew there was air in the room; he knew there was air in his lungs.  So why did his speak not transfer into the world?  Just another trippy moment among a glut of trips.  Thankfully the Mute could speak here.  Again, trippy.

At the mention that the figure had been waiting for another, Jardin was uncertain how to react. Were the two travellers just a pair of contingency plans meant to fix the world? Could they even do what was needed? Or were they just messengers for the real hero...

Of course, all these questions were moot. They did not even know who this "King" was. Jardin decided to borrow the Mute's phone, using it in a manner similar to how she had when their situations had been reversed.

"Sorry," he typed. "Only way to communcate right now." He offered an apologetic shrug. "Who or what exactly is this 'King'? Is he the ruler of these wastelands? What exactly are we expected to do to stop him? Wnd when?"

The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 Empty Re: Future-Shock: The world to the waves (Nu and The Grey)

Post by Dubloon March 21st 2016, 12:53 am

As the mysterious being closed the gap between himself and the small party of three, he hunched over, looking the girl, and man face to face. Nu didn’t seem put off by his menacing face, but rather his imposing height. As the figure stood up to his full height, Nu couldn’t help but think.
*Whoa he’s HU……huh? I can hear myself?* her thoughts echoed throughout the empty room, before being interrupted by the large man. All of what he said wasn’t making much sense to the young girl, as she was still naive in her years, and the proposition of time travel and the awkward speech patter of the man all seemed to leave her scratching her head as she tried to understand the information being relayed to them.

She then felt a small tug at her hand, as Jardin had grabbed her phone and began to write a message.
*So this is what it feels like* she thought, once again her inner voice echoing throughout the void. She had always felt a little bad that she wasn’t able to communicate with people normally, and was now realizing how much of an inconvenience it really was.

Nu kept her eyes locked on Jardin till he was done writing up his message, again his thoughts and her’s were aligned. Nu read over the message, and turned to the mysterious figure. His words were rushed and the little wisps were beginning to buzz about in a sort of panic.

*What did you mean we were ‘low values’ How could we have changed the events of a time where were not even supposed to exist? And just what exactly happened to this place?* she said making an air quote motion with her fingers before continuing.
*Who exactly is this King? If were supposed to stop him in our time, we need more information. Where was he born? What year? Who are his parents? Or at least a name.* the young girl paused for a moment. *And what about those other people in the mosaic?*

Nu was more chattier than ever, having never had a voice before, one could assume that she was just speaking for the sake of it, but she had legitimate concern behind the questions, as she was still uncertain how to feel about the whole situation that had been placed in.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "...."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell March 22nd 2016, 12:02 pm

But you do exist. You just haven't seen yourself yet. I do not envy you. The voice drew out before the figure withdrew, appearing to flicker in and out, almost as if they were a candle in the breeze. To start from the beginning would take too long, but I shall share what I have seen. The King in your time period is a human, a good and decent man that was driven to hopelessness. In your time he has just begun upon that path, but it is not to late to save him. His father is a man who reads the scripture and the world reacts, he lives in a city of angels. His name does not come to me....The King's power influences even the powers in which I command...I cannot recall. But there is a name that stick out to me... Humanity.

The creature began to flicker in and out, while his face didn't change his eyes shifted and his fixated eyes of concentration began to exude fear and sorrow. He realized that his prediction was coming to fruition. He was fading...

This world...was divided. A black halo was revealed and the world was changed. From the black halo was born The Blight, a young hero with a great destiny, touched and corrupted by a man named Dressler. In this corruption, the boy became what they call "Bodycount" a creature that kills and assimilates all things it touches, without safe haven. The King is the only one to encounter The Blight, touch it and survive. The blight swept Africa, turning it to a wasteland...devoid of all life. The King set up his empire, his newly acquired power fed to the reaches of a God. Immortal and unequaled in power. Strength that breaks reality like glass, nuclear weapons cannot harm him... It fed him...but in response there was a man. A man who knew The Blight when they were boys. The man lost everything, backed into a corner and threatened by the Blight he acted upon desperate measure; He ascended. He is the father of the machina-sapien. He is The Progenitor. It was he whom began taking in humans, and slowly upgrading their bodies into machines, to the point where they were a perfect fusion. They were no longer able to be assimilated by the blight, however they were still them. Immortal Utopia... but your being here...

The man flickered again, more violently this time and seeming to be in physical pain.

You both...still live. This time period is over two hundred cycles beyond your time...but you still live. The Wolf lives amongst the survivors of Eden, Belarus... The Mechanical skeleton lives amongst The Progenitor's court...You must leave. You must leave Asylum! Find Soloman! The creature began to cry out as it's face literally began to melt into a goop, dissipating into the air as a mist when pieces dripped off.

The Wolf! The Wolf is a ma- and with that the voice turned into whispers, and just like that...he was gone. Nu returned to being the mute one, and Jardin's voice was restored.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey March 24th 2016, 6:54 am

Jardin passed he phone back to the Mute.  A vague notion told him he no longer needed it.

The thief quickly began to pace, thinking about the cryptic message given to them.  "So, the King lives in our time.  He uses the name "Humanity" and lives in Los Angeles.  Africa is plagued by a blight created by this 'Dressler.'  The blight's subject zero is a friend of this, Projenitor, who created cyborgs to hold the blight at bay."  Glancing at the Mute, Jardin asked, "Any of this mean anything to you?"

Growling, he spoke inwardly.  "I hate when people talk in riddles.  Especially when things are urgent."

Moving back to the Mute, he said, "He sounded like he thought Belarus was important.  Something vague about a 'Wolf' a 'Mechanical skeleton' and someone named Solomon."  His attention quickly shifted between the phone and the woman's face.  "Any thoughts on our next move?"  He quickly took in he surrounding, still a mockery of space, before adding, "Maybe on how to get out of here?"

Throughout this exchange, Jardin was also trying to recall the figures on the floor in the previous "room." A nagging feeling said they could prove...relevant.

Corey Jardin (The Grey)[XP]
Special Agent Sarah Jardin[XP]
Heather Jardin (Violet Feral)
Antonio Ramirez (Guerrero)[XP]
Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon March 24th 2016, 9:24 pm

It was an odd feeling, they were given answers to their questions, but at the same time, the questions were never truly answered. It left the poor mute was left scratching her head, it was a lot of information to process and even though they had that information what were they supposed to do with it. Nu pocketed her phone as Jardin handed it back to her, and gave him a shrug in return.

Just then Nu had an idea, she pulled her phone back out of her pocket, and began to type out a message, this time though, her words weren’t directed at the man she had been traveling with, but instead to the strange cartoonish creature that had been with them since the beginning of this rather interesting adventure. |-Hey little guy. You know how to get out of here?-| She was hoping the toon would say yes, after all he had gotten them into this mess, he should have a way to get them out.

Nu began to wonder if the others that had appeared in the mosaic were also stuck in this time as well, and if they were, where could they be? It would definitely be a boon if the trio could get in contact with any of them somehow. Especially since according to the hooded mans words, Jardin and Nu were really meant to just be messengers anyway. With that thought in mind she tapped the man on the shoulder before flashing her phones screen at him. |-Maybe we should go looking for the others?-| it was a long shot especially since they didn't know where the others were, but it was at least a plan.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac March 29th 2016, 2:12 pm

Toon immediately responded to Nu by his traditional dance of hopping from one foot to the next, alternating which arm he bent as he hopped. The cartoonish character immediately began dance-hopping off to another side of the seemingly infinite abyss. The next thing the creature did was hold it's harms out, akin to a preacher at an alter. Then with a loud clap, one hand slapped over his face, and then another hand to cover over it as well. The creature dropped to it's knees and began to heave in dramatic motions. It then slowly turned, before violently whipping around and revealing it's powdered white face, pink lipstick and blush upon it's cheeks. The next thing it did was reach upon his head, pulling it, stretching it's face to odd lengths before letting it go. With a cartoon spring sound, the character's face began osculating before slowly finishing, revealing that somehow it managed to grow a very, very baroque period wig, curled up and falling over the sides of it's face.

Next reaching behind it's back, it's teeth grew sharp as its smile encompassed half of it's face, and a red aura began to surround it. It's eyes narrowed and turned blood red with black slits for pupil, and it began to lean forward as it growled a little. In a quick motion it pulled out a formal, long necked Champaign glass, it's eyes closed and it's smile much more pleasant almost instantly as it giggled, trying to intentionally make itself sound like a woman. Next it flicked the glass and cleared it's throat, holding the class up. The creature was apparently trying to break the glass with it's voice?

The cartoon creature cleared it's throat and began softly whispering gentler words in Latin before just outright leaning it's head back, it's mouth becoming a hole able to cover the majority of it's face while it's tongue flue out and began waving around like the balloon-men at a car lot. The toonish creature was shrieking a deafening shriek for a few moment before the flailing tongue slowed and dropped to the floor. The character looked to Cory, nu and then to it's tongue. Then it looked to the glass and it's eyes narrowed. Then it looked to Cory, then Nu, then it's tongue. Finally it looked to the glass again before it growled, looking angry at it, turning and throwing it. The glass smashed into a seemingly invisible wall...but then the wall began to move. Suddenly the wall fell backwards and there was a loud, but hollow thud as if the wall had been made of wood. Behind the once nearly-infinite cosmos was a white hallway with all kinds of people sitting there, most of them mumbling to themselves about something or other. Some were working on finger paints, others were playing with fire, and many others began to just shout gibberish and laugh hysterically.

Shaking himself off, Toon quickly returned to his predetermined form and pointed to the door that said "The Court" while placing his back against the one that said "Exit".

Future-Shock: The world to the waves  (Nu and The Grey) - Page 4 Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Number of posts : 643
Job : Your salvation through destruction.
Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey March 30th 2016, 11:16 pm

Jardin looked at the 'Toon for a time.  "Deus ex machina," he began before glancing to his partner.  "Significantly more helpful in real life than in stories."

The thief studied the corridor for a time.  Seeing the signs he tried to explain his thoughts.  "The Court," he read.  "Either a place to judge criminals, which I doubt."  He spoke matter-of-factly.  Continuing, he said, "More likely, the little man thinks we should meet the King of 'Fuck All."  For a moment, he kept his eyes on the strangers in the hole.

Turning to the Mute, he said, "Either we agree, putting off our trip to Europe while we meet a royal, and all that may entail.  Or we leave, pushing passed the midget and probably pissing him off."  Glancing out the corner of hs eye, he studied the girl's reaction as he said, "I think you know which way I'm leaning but I'll back you up either way."

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon March 31st 2016, 12:01 am

Nu watched as the toon broke out into this rather extravagant act, it was amusing to say the least, but to the introverted mute, it was definitely something she wasn’t sure she could or would get used to. After all the dancing about and what not, there was a loud hollow thud as a wall near the back of the abyssal room tumbled over. Nu found it rather odd that when the wall fell, toon immediately blocked off the door marked exit before pointing down a hallway that was lined with shady individuals. Nu could just barely read the crudely written sign by the door that read ‘the court’.

There was definitely something odd about toons behavior, especially since Nu asked him for a way out. She tapped her temple a bit, not sure how to proceed, even with Jardin’s input she wasn’t entirely certain about how to proceed. Nu then began typing away on her phone before flashing the screen at Jardin. |-Shouldn’t he be pointing us towards the exit door?-|

Nu lowered her phone and approached the small creature, before giving him a thankful pat on the head. The young naive girl, saw no reason for toon to double cross them, and assumed that he was pointing to the other door for a good reason. Seeing as how toon hadn’t led they astray thus far, Nu beckoned her mysterious companion to follow her down the shady hallway.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell April 7th 2016, 10:26 pm

Toon seemed most pleased by Nu's acceptance of his behavior. She seemed to realize that he was on their side. They wanted, and needed to get out of here. He could recall quite clearly when The King had captured him, and now he was ordered to do the same to them. in a sign of defiance he blocked the door that said Exit...mostly because the signs were switched so that unfortunate souls were brought right into the King's Court. Toon smiled and waved goodbye as she walked off.

Once they reached the end of the Hallway they could open the door and bear witness to a rather impressive sight. By impressive I mean more breath taking than anything. They looked upon the travesty of the world around them, seeing an entire city beneath them, spanning out as far as the eyes could see. The world outside the walls was truly nothing but desolate and barren lands.  Inside had patches of grass, little pools of water with radiators and purifiers. The streets were cracked and torn up, concrete trodden into the dirt as small houses and constructs of scrap and natural resources were erected.

To the far end the city seemed to have a tier system of some kind. Some houses had different designs, decorations and emphasis on different types of exteriors. To the left there was what appeared to be a dome building sitting atop a hill. The hill had clear water flowing from it and down into the city, the entire area seeming to be akin to that of a mansion. With sufficient vision one might even be able to make out the robed figures walking the grounds. To the opposite end of the city, there was another subway entrance, though this entrance was covered in massive, armed soldiers with spikes and other oddly grotesque and vivid designs.

There were several people in the large cities that were crying out, listing important information and reciting them in regular intervals. Some of the information was recent areas outside the city which were off limits. some of them were the closest things they had to politics. Some of them were birthdays. Some of the cries were of pain as a madman shanked the hell out of the announcer and nobody did anything to stop him. There was absolutely nothing good or seemingly controlled about this area. It was pure, anarchy. Unbridled Chaos.

...It was Hell

....and they had to get out.

Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey April 9th 2016, 8:00 am

There were many who would say that this deformed city was born of chaos...of anarchy.  To Jardin, the city was something else.  For a man like this odd thief, real chaos was beautiful and anarchy was driven by personal choice and discipline.  This hellish city was not chaotic to Jardin, it was base and selfish.  And sadly predictable in its own twisted way...

"First order of business," Jardin said, scanning the area.  "We have to get the hell out of Dodge."  Scanning the city, the thief began to plot their escape route.

The best option was the route with the least number of guards...or people in general. With people killing each other in the streets, no one could be expected to be decent in this oddly picturesque hellhole. "Stay close," he told his silent companion. With that, he began to thread his way through the city.

Once outside of the city, then he could navigate for the east by the sky.

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon April 11th 2016, 6:04 am

Nu carried on down the corridor unaware that the only one following her was her mysterious companion. For whatever reason, Toon had decided that this was where his time with the two came to an end, and if it wasn’t for the chaotic landscape she might have noticed toon’s absence sooner. To Nu, the decay and ruin that lay before them was something she wasn’t truly prepared for, even with all that they had been through up to this point, and the strange beings they had encountered, nothing was as shocking a sight as the dystopian cityscape.  

Nu stuck to Jardin’s hip like Velcro, as they snaked through the city, her gaze wandered very little while they traveled along their route out of the city. Occasionally she would lock glances with some impoverished person or family, they looks on their faces spelled out just what kind of hell had befallen earth. It made Nu think on a grander scale for just a moment, Jardin didn’t seem like a bad person, and she knew she definitely wasn’t, she could also only assume that the others she had seen in the mosaic were good people as well, so just how did earth fall to ruin, and if this was the future, then surely their future selves had to be around to.

While her eyes wandered, it had finally dawned on Nu that Toon had not been following them. She wanted to ask if her companion knew what happened, but now didn’t seem like the most opportune time to ask questions, they had to focus on getting out of the city, then Nu could ask all the questions that had begun to flood her overactive mind.

The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell April 12th 2016, 8:51 am

(alright guys. This looks like a good place to leave off.)

(Get your do, do whatcha need to do and I'll get your next part of the story up within the next couple days.)

Topic Concluded.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top