The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_vote_lcapFuture Shock: A blast from the past. I_voting_barFuture Shock: A blast from the past. I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Future Shock: A blast from the past. I_vote_lcapFuture Shock: A blast from the past. I_voting_barFuture Shock: A blast from the past. I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Future Shock: A blast from the past.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Future Shock: A blast from the past.

Post by Asmodeus March 15th 2017, 3:08 am

Quinn was alone in the laboratory. The dust over the area left trace amounts of the decades that passed. The lab was for the most part in deplorable conditions, and the more one looked at it the far less impressive it was. The place was something that Quinn could probably have found a wannabe scientist making in their mother's basement. She probably wasn't impressed after she noted some robotic parts scattered around. There were signs of struggle everywhere, in fact she could likely note that the main door to exit this place had been forced open, as the automatic metallic doors were bent in the center and off set from tier automated tracks.

There wasn't much left to this old place, it's luster gone with the years and nature's reclamation process had begun as vines and thorny roses grew, steel like-stems and precious pink petals with faint cyber-scarring lines of yellow glowing within the shade. They grew next to a knocked over metal table that had a skeleton laying next to it with wires in it's hand. There were weapons around, the likes of which Quinn had never seen, one of them was even a rather familiar looking weapon. It was a similar looking halberd, although it didn't seem to be quite like the one Quinn had noted her future counterpart having.  The metal wasn't as polished, and even at a simply grip Quinn would be able to tell it wasn't nearly as perfected in it's durability. The cog-like pieces were more of spiked axis of some kind, and there were little grooves in the halberd's flank, areas of opportunity where it would be effective to be held. In fact the dips had small markings on the interior, each marking seemed to indicate that it was for using the halberd in a different stance.

If her grip tightened, she could likely hear the clicks of the pole, the right and proper positioning of her hands would force the blade to change off into a different axis, the other areas propping out and swinging the blade in an unruly fashion. The weight of the halberd would change drastically as it altered it's positions. Further investigation of the polearm would reveal that the shaft of the halberd would even turn and click at certain points, and the most opportune areas seemed to be where the grooves in the halberd were. By the time anything had been investigated thoroughly Quinn would likely be distracted by the now-archaic computer letting out a ping to grab her attention. The files she were looking for had been decrypted and moved securely.

Many of the files were damaged, or unusable, but there had been more than enough to keep Quinn busy. One of the first things she would note was a video of a slightly older version of herself utilizing the Halberd, Cale was not seen, but his voice could be heard. He must have been behind the camera.

Last Training:

Security Footage:

Bolt and Guilty Spark would find themselves in a very strange place. This place was not a familiar one to either of them, although with the technology that had lined the walls it was quite clear that it was a place he may be comfortable. Their little "scuffle" had come to it's end, and now the strange speedster was left with a defeated Bolt and in an unknown land. The frozen walls around them were odd to Guilty Spark. He quickly attempted to orient himself before looking back to the hero, realizing that he had made a grievous error.

"It would seem that you're about to experience the ramifications of my speed. I did not think that someone like you would have pushed me so far as to forget my self-imposed limitations. But it doesn't matter. I can find a way back to our time. Without you..." Guilty Spark said as he was almost instantly gone, proving his excessive speed once again as it seemed to zip away, leaving the battered hero on his own within the forzen ice palace, just as Deluge had come to meet his older self.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Future Shock: A blast from the past. Asmode10
Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 145
Job : The Progenitor of Robo-sapiens
Humor : :red:
Registration date : 2015-02-26

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Future Shock: A blast from the past.

Post by The Bolt March 15th 2017, 4:16 am

The fight had been a long one, though in the end things changed. The bad guy proved they were faster than he thought, and the next thing he knew he was the one being turned into a rag doll. Brilliant flashes of light followed, though fading consciousness was something that caught him within its grips and then cold reaching up to grab him. Alex took in a deep breath, feeling searing cold wear away at his lungs and all at once shuddering violently. This was not Chicago, not unless suddenly the entire city took a massive dip in temperature. Guilty Spark had said something, though he could not offer a retort before they were gone. All he was left with was an exhale that released itself in a pale, misty cloud. Alex coughed, realizing that his chest was paining him, followed by a couch as he tried to push himself up against an icy pillar.

His body felt spent, like a battery but in the worst possible way. That was also when he realized that he was standing in some odd…ice palace thing, with someone else. A rather familiar looking person, though they were a little dead the last time that he saw that person. ”Oh…you?” He said with an arced brow, seemingly surprised by his sudden appearance.

”Yeah…me.” He said with a smirk, suddenly conscious of the fact that his suit was in ruins for the most part, a section of the mask ripped away and revealing his face, a portion that was bruised and a split lips releasing a little blood. Okay, now that fight was just not doing himself any favors. The creation that was to leads him deep into the castle considered Bolt, though it did not stop him from being there. ”So…where exactly am I?” He asked, looking around and holding what looked to be a damaged arm.

”I’ll be honest, don’t know either.” He admitted, not as seemingly cold as he was. ”Was supposed to meet whoever owned this….place but…I guess you can come along.”
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn March 15th 2017, 6:42 pm

Quinn heads over to where the weapons are, her interest sparked by the weapon that was similar to what her future self was holding. She picks it up and checks it out, handling it lightly since she is unsure on how most of it was designed to work and didn't want to mess up while using it. It was then that the computer beeped, She heads over to it and taps on a few keys, bringing up the files that were still usable. The first video that she watches was about her older self, she was using the very weapon that she had picked up just a moment ago. Quinn smiles as she sees how excited she was, almost wishing that she wasn't just watching a video of what happened.

It was the second recording that caused her eyes to widen, seeing as how it was Cale. "Dad!" Touching the screen as she watched, she smiles, wondering where he was right then. Of course, it wasn't long before that smile was wiped off of her face when he mentioned that he was sick. "Dad..." It being a recording, Quinn could only watch in horror as the recording shows Peacekeepers walking through a hallway. As the videos flickers, working through the corrupted bit of data, the next thing she sees is her brothers broken bodies as Cale limps towards a door. "No!"

She just watches the rest of the video in silence, wanting to do something, anything, but is trapped in a moment where everything was already over. She turns and looks at the skeleton, staring at while she makes a copy of any of the usable files still on the machine. She fishes around the desks for a moment, finding the picture that the recording showed. She turns it over to read the back, then with the picture still in hand, heads towards the broken doors, knowing what she has to do, though how to do it might pose a bit of a problem.
Quinn
Quinn
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2015-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus March 16th 2017, 12:46 am

Ryan and Bolt would soon find themselves before the icy throne room where there seemed to be a gala of sorts. Beautiful constructs of men and woman all walking around, the noise of icy crystals being played like band instruments filled the air with an oddly pleasing sound. was an older version of Ryan sitting on the throne. The color of Bolt and of Ryan alone set them apart from the others, and that caught the older Ryan's attention immediately. The second his eyes looked upon them with a slight look of disbelief and shock, the other constructs around him began to look, and they all began to gasp.

"How...? H-how is th-?" The older Ryan asked for a moment before shaking his head and looking around. He let out a sigh and placed his hands on the throne's arms, pushing himself upwards and stepping down a few of the steps, all eyes in the room were now on Bolt and the younger version of Ryan. It was a shock for everyone to be sure, thought would that truly count if everyone were made up of snow? The older king looked over the two, his hand coming up and brushing over his goatee a moment as he looked with his piercing blue eyes.

"I've got it...." The king said for a moment before lowering his finger and pointing to Ryan and Bolt with a slight smile. "You're the ghost of Christmas past." The room filled with a few light chuckles from the nearby constructed icy lifeforms.

Quinn's processing of the information was rather logical, from a very human stand point, and acquired the picture. When she had the framed photograph she turned it over, the side being removable was a plus, as she took the frame's back off to reveal Cale's handwriting. The message was rather simple, and seemed to have a rather strange twist to it.

These are the people I fight for.
Sheroids can take my mind and body.
But these are the ones who inherit my soul.
I might not have created some of them...
...But they were the ones who made me.
Quinn! Nostro Cookie! Ryan
~Cale

She had watched the video and had begun her mindless waltz towards the broken door. She would pass through and find herself within the room Cale had gone to. The area was destroyed, toppled and old decayed skeletons lay out in every direction. Battle had truly come this way, that much was for sure. But it was incredibly awkward when there was a blur of energy that arrived in the lab, across the room from Quinn.

The man wore a mask that made him look like some form of messed up machine, broken and somehow primitive. The being had a human optic that could be seen, a bright and beautiful blue eye while the hood of his grey trench coat covered the other. The being brought it's arm up and a small cylindrical device flew from the coat sleeve, a blade ejecting itself from the blade as the man's eyes narrowed. Quinn's compromised state of mind would likely cause her to act impulsively, and in horribly destructive fashion. The man would make use of his incredibly speed and move from the blast radius and appear behind Quinn, the knife at her throat.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here? The man asked, though he was close enough that she could hear the clear mechanical tune to his voice. This "man" wasn't truly a man at all, rather a robotic creation of some kind. The mask was more than show it would seem.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Future Shock: A blast from the past. Asmode10
Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 145
Job : The Progenitor of Robo-sapiens
Humor : :red:
Registration date : 2015-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt March 16th 2017, 1:14 am

Alexander followed tentatively behind Ryan, looking around rather cautiously as if he was expecting something to come out of nowhere to attack them. Where they were lead to was a throne room, arrayed with pale snowy figures that all considered the fleshy figures curiously. Pleasant music filled Ryan’s ears as he looked around, noting those that were playing their instruments. The king upon his icy throne looked at them with confusion, as if he had seen a ghost as the old saying went. Ryan held a hand back, palm directed toward Bolt as if silently telling him to stay back while he dealt with things. This figure of a king stood, approaching them and after a moment directed a finger and spoke.

”No, that isn’t what we are.” Bolt spoke up, though all Ryan could do was look at the male with an almost thoughtful expression. ”Though I guess that would make us ghosts of Christmas past.” The speedster added with a cheeky smirk.

”Who…are you?” He then spoke up, sounding somewhat dumbfounded by seeing someone looking suddenly so similar before. His voice was wracked with trepidation, confusion even and even with some fear. Being flung into the future was one thing, but he found himself trying to come to terms with the fact he was talking to a future version of himself. Alex had a feeling he might even be trying to deny that fact, something that he would do in this same situation.

”Hey um…we might want to get out of here soon. Don’t…exactly like the cold.”
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn March 16th 2017, 1:51 am

Quinn was moving towards the exit, skipping over the piles of skeletons when the blur of motion attracted her attention. Without even waiting to see who it was, Quinn creates a grenade launcher and fires right at it. Quinn eye's widen surprise as the man disappears, a moment later a blade by her throat as he demands who she is. Already pissed off at having to watch her father die, Quinn over-clocks her speed, everything around her freezing. She steps out from in front of the man, glaring at him slightly before walking around behind him, a gun being created in her hand at the same time.

She snorts in contempt as she lines up her shot, squeezing the trigger the same time that she flips off her boost in speed. As the gunshot goes off, Quinn looks around confused, having been disarmed and then put into a chair near instantly. She turns to look at the man that was once against standing behind her, who was handing her  a newspaper. "...How did you do that?"

Ignoring her question, the man stares down at her. "Let's try this again. Who are you, and what are you doing here?" Quinn puffs up a little, getting angry again. "I am Quinn, why can I not be in Cale's lab?" She would have tried to attack him again, but being completely outmatched made her reign in her impulse for destruction.
Quinn
Quinn
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2015-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top