The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:14 am by Cobalt

» Taliesin
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
The Association of Heroes I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Association of Heroes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Association of Heroes Empty The Association of Heroes

Post by Jordan Reynolds February 10th 2017, 3:50 pm

Basic Overview
Over the years, metahumans and their influence have begun throughout modern society. Vigilantism, and crime by metahuman individuals is even higher than it was in the past, and even supposed heroes have become nothing more than well intentioned vigilantes. It had become apparent that something needs to be done about constant metahuman crime, and that is where The Association of Heroes steps in. An association that means to garner control of metahuman heroes, and allows them to an extent continue their heroism without being labeled as a vigilante like many others are.

This association does not function in the same respects that a normal hero group would function, and is in fact sort of an anti-thesis to it. Whereas a normal hero group is a loose association of heroes acting out their own forms of justice upon society without any tangible consequences from their actions. Something that the Association of Heroes intends to go against in every way that it functions, down to even the structure of power within. Something that the founder was sure to draft out beforehand.

The Association itself is funded, and supported by most countries that were willing to do something about the metahuman population that had continued to increase throughout the modern age. Rather than being led by a single, fallible figure it is led by multiple people in the style of a board that keeps a single person from holding all the power, and in turn making biased decisions that would affect the integrity of the overall association.  These people are all picked for their ability to make decisions without any major bias for or against a circumstance, allowing actions to be performed  efficiently as possible with minimal backlash.

The Association offers positions for any metahumans willing to work under their rules, and the restrictions that come along with it. This includes opting into the program testing the latest of power regulation technology, something offered especially to metahumans with powers that they have difficulty controlling. All heroes employed by the association are offered a considerable salary for joining, as well as optional living arrangements and even a small allotment for a uniforms or equipment’s they would need should they so desire it. All in an attempt to give heroically inclined metahumans all they would need to perform at their best for the betterment of society and themselves.

While the Association only has physical locations available in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles at the moment, they have a fully functional website and means by which to contact a representative and are quickly building up branches across the world so that all those interested may sign up. An interview is required beforehand, also involving a physical and psychological evaluation, but that is mostly to be sure that all employees are in optimal shape before they work.

The Rules
The heroes association has some rules that are required to be followed if one wishes to remain within their employ, and while they are simple at face value one must always be sure to follow them.

• Do not impede law enforcement or conceal information that would aid in any manner of illegal activity
  • Use of lethal force is forbidden and will be met with penalties.
  • No using hero association funds for anything other than things that would aid in your duty.
  • Do not tarnish the name of the Association with your actions or words.
  • Avoid causing any manner of collateral damage if at all possible.
  • Problem cases or special cases are required to wear a power regulator especially when going into missions.
  • Any injuries caused to a civilian will cause a deduction from the offender’s salary for a designated span.
  • Association approved gear is required for all missions by participants.
  • Criminals are all to be treated the same, regardless of personal designation.
  • Use and abuse of controlled substances is strictly prohibited.

Members
Board of Directors
- Lucius Alba
- Eric Slattery

Members
- Damian Miles (Atlas)
- Roan
- Israel Knight(Pinnacle)
- Viktor Grey Wolfe(Recluse)
- Ashley Cresswell (Martyr)
- Jayne  Bas Chava (Medicine Woman)

Last edited by Eric Slattery on December 13th 2017, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

The Association of Heroes Empty Re: The Association of Heroes

Post by Martyr February 10th 2017, 3:55 pm

I asked these to be deleted. Instead I got banned. Great friends, eh?

Last edited by Martyr on April 11th 2023, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Do you want segregation?! Because that is how you get segregation!" - Ashley Jonah Cresswell

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose February 10th 2017, 10:38 pm

sound cool Jeannie would like this she wants to be a real hero and something like this would be great to help her learn to do hero stuff right.

she might have some problems with collateral damage and lethal force rules cause she uses guns and explosives not that she means to most of the time she tries to bring in the bad guys without using to much force but accidents kinda happen and she is unstable the naughty voices in her head give her bad advice at times l. but that could be something the association could help her with.

like for the Association approved gear she's can only use Rubber bullets Tranquillizer guns stun guns stuff like that.
so she doesn't accidently use lethal forces. maybe she has a supervisor she has to get permission from if it's ok to use explosives or not to keep the collateral damage down. maybe some counseling to help her ignore the bad voices in her head.

on a funny note can hero funds be used for food? Jeannie tends to get hungry easy so she might have to stop for snacks. Technically it's aiding in duty cause she can't save the day on an empty tummy. Smile
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Number of posts : 2488
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Red February 12th 2017, 12:04 am

As has been said in the past, Lucius, along with the government of Belarus, is funding this and providing power regulation technology.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx September 3rd 2017, 6:09 pm

Danny. She needs to lose her bracelet first

The Association of Heroes Giphy

Danny's Partners (Tsukimi, Tori, and Abby)

The Dress Shoppe Danny Stole From Bliss
Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr December 13th 2017, 7:00 pm

Martyr would join up as a form of rehabilitation.

Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Do you want segregation?! Because that is how you get segregation!" - Ashley Jonah Cresswell

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnacle December 13th 2017, 7:05 pm

Recluse and Pinnacle would gladly join the Heroes Association.

The Association of Heroes PinnacleSig
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all; infinite in distance and unbound by death."

Number of posts : 270
Job : ECLIPSE Agent
Humor : PUNS!
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal December 13th 2017, 8:12 pm

Medicine Woman would join.
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Number of posts : 263
Job : Office work/clerical/occasional multitasking
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Apeking4 December 14th 2017, 6:38 am

My character The Good Devil would like to join.

The Good Devil
Apeking4
Apeking4

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2017-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes February 24th 2018, 6:55 pm

Cadmus Agamemnon AKA Mythos reporting for duty
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 632
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze March 8th 2018, 12:58 am

“Blaze or the Ebon Speedster here to serve. Oh boy, my first superhero group!”
Blaze
Blaze

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2017-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top