The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Lightyear I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lightyear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lightyear Empty Lightyear

Post by Zonkes July 13th 2018, 4:46 pm

KEN BISHOP

"Ladies and gentlemen, no need to fear; Lightyear is here!"

The Bio

Hero Name: Lightyear
Title: The Enlightened
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Light blonde (yellow light)
Eyes: Light blue (yellow light)
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 0.01lbs
Blood type: N/A

The Looks

(Laser)

(Human)

The Personality

Ken is an incredibly self obsessed person. If he thinks something will damage his image, his odds of doing something decrease. He is used to a life of luxury, and is obsessed with getting back some of the fame he lost. However, on the inside Ken is a good person with a good heart and will always do whatever is right.

Ken has become a bit of a thrillseeker in recent years, and will do anything that he thinks will impress people.

The Story

“Ken Maxwell Bishop, born to Katy and Thomas Bishop in New Orleans, Louisiana was caught in a particle accelerator accident today.” The reporter said on the scene. “While no body has yet been found, rescue operations are less than optimistic.” The man walked over near the rubble. “Ken Bishop is probably best known for his role on the teen meta drama “Human”, where he played one of the main characters, Kenneth Maximoff. A speedster with a villainous past. And while in recent years, Ken has let his fading fame get to him with a series of escalating stunts; his fans over the world hope for his safe return. Ken is survived by his sister Ally Bishop,and his mother and father.”

Ken felt every part of his body screaming in agony as he was violently ripped apart and put back together as a new being. He could hear the reporters words but he couldn’t speak to him. He could feel his body, but he couldn’t interact with it. What was this?

The reporter saw a gigantic flash of light, and the cameras went dead for a second before opening up on a smoking figure of a man. “My god…” The reporter stated. “Get him some clothes! He’s back!” And the cameras rushed forward.

The Priority

1. Agility
2. Endurance
3. Reaction
4. Strength

The Powers

”Time to Light It Up!” - Kenneth can become a being of light, and as such gains a number of abilities with it. (Ken starts a thread with 100% light power. Each use of an ability takes 3% of his light power away per post its used. At 0%, Ken falls down exhausted, possibly asleep or severely weakened.)

“Let’s go lightspeed” - Ken can move at incredible speeds in any direction due to his ability to transform into living light. Ken has the ability to move at the speed of light, though in order to keep his mind and body together can usually only go at the upper limit of mach 15 before things become messy.

“Laser beam” - Ken can fire a large amount of energy in the form of blasting of lights. These beams are incredibly hot, and get hotter the longer they are on a surface/person. This can create burns, incinerate flesh, and turn some matter into gas depending on how long it is on an object.

Heated Body - Ken’s body is heated to extreme temperatures - though it does not spread further than 3 inches off his form - and flying through you could lead to major burns.
Intangibility - For the most part, Ken is intangible. He is able to go through nearly any object that can transmit light, and even some that can’t.

Light Manipulation - Ken is able to manipulate all forms of visible and invisible light. Allowing him these abilities.
Color Manipulation - Ken can change the colors of nearly any material within his line of sight.
Electromagnetic Vision - Ken can see in any frequency on the electromagnetic spectrum.

Short-Range Lightspeed Burst - This ability allows Ken to move at light speed for a split second, effectively allowing for short range teleportation. Ken can move in any direction, though the place he targets must be within his line of sight and be unobstructed.

Prism split - If Ken flies into or interacts with a prism, he splits into copies of himself each utilizing a color of visible light. Ken can have up to 14 copies of himself at a time. These clones each have abilities that Ken does not. Though they lose access to everything but his speed, light beam, and heated body unless that light color corresponds to a power Ken already has. The powers for each light clone are as follows, and take

Light Clones:

The Weaknesses

Children and Innocents - Ken’s transformation into Lightyear is incredibly hot and volatile. If Ken transforms even 5 feet from a child or innocent, they will likely be burnt or killed barring some kind of metahuman ability. Ken refuses to do that on moral grounds. Chain Ken to an innocent or just take him somewhere he can’t transform? Ken is as good as done for.

Children and Innocents p2 - Ken is also very careful when it comes to using his abilities and can only let loose if he is as far away from a populous as possible, as such; he uses only a fraction of his overall power to fight in a situation involving innocents.

Diffusion - When Ken moves through an object, it needs to be mostly transparent. The less transparent an object is, the more it diffuses his form making him weaker and dimmer. If it’s completely opaque, Ken has to use more average ways of getting in; or burning his way through.

Weightless - In his light form, Ken is unable to move objects or people in any meaningful way.

Burn Out - Although Ken has a light form, his main form is still very much human. The longer he stays in the light form, the more energy he uses. The more energy he uses, the more food is needed to keep him going. As such, if you keep him contained to light long enough; he’ll eventually become so starved, switching to human form is dangerous. Staying even longer can cause him to burn up. In addition, the longer he’s in that form; the weaker he becomes.

Energy - The more energy Ken uses up while fighting; the more chance that he will lose his light from.

Energy P2 - The more energy Ken uses up while fighting, the less damage his attack’s will do.

“I swear something just moved.” - Using color manipulation to change the color of his surroundings, himself, or his opponent may seem incredibly useful, but Ken has to constantly reapply the color of the background if the opponent is moving, causing a shimmering in the air. This is easily exploitable by an observant opponent as if the watch, they’ll catch him. In addition, Ken loses his ability to do other things while focusing on reapplying.

Light speed burst energy use - While most of Ken’s abilities only utilize 3% of his overall power, Light-Speed Burst requires at least 45% to use, and will use all of that power in one go.

Prism Problems p1 - A few things are possible with Kens prism. The most notable of which being that his clones can only utilize around 7% of his overall power, and when they run out that 7%; they are collapsed into his original form, leaving Ken without that vital 7%.

Prism Problems p2 - As the clones are an extension of Ken, they retain his weaknesses and their effects are worsened by 3.

Prism Problems p3 - The clones - while extensions of Ken - have their own thoughts and emotional states. The clones are based on the spectrum of light and emotion, leaving them more vulnerable to feeling one way or another at most times.

The Items

The Minions

The Fluff

The RP Sample

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Lightyear Empty Re: Lightyear

Post by Dubloon July 15th 2018, 2:31 am

Approved Until Stated Otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "...."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top