The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Urban Commandos
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The turning of the gears and Gadgets

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 Empty Re: The turning of the gears and Gadgets

Post by Forceaus February 18th 2015, 12:57 am

Forcewave was looking at the dome shaped building even as he talked to Jeisen. He was keen on keeping watch on the place in case something happened with it. "Well, standing here isn't doing much. What does that note say anyways? Please don't tell me it says 'out to lunch', or something like that." he said trying to sound humorous. "Whatever it says could be helpful to us, or not. You never know." he told him as he watched the tiny little robot fly towards the door.

It would eventually return to them to let them know that the note said 'Out of order. Let yourselves in'. Okay, so now what? Follow it or do something else? I mean, it could be a trap. They didn't have any reason to think otherwise. Perhaps he should be voicing these thoughts rather than just thinking them. It would probably be more helpful to this here little mission if he did.

"Okay, so now what? Do we just go in? We could go in one at a time just in case it's a trap so that only one of us gets caught." he stopped once he realized just what he was saying. He was suggesting that one of them walk in there to be bait for any possible traps. That was something that he kind of wished he could have not said. Forcewave quieted himself and then without saying another word, volunteered himself for exactly what he just suggested. Seriously, what was wrong with him? He walked up to the door and saw that it was electronic. No doorknob or handle to speak of. Forcewave stood in front of it for a moment before briefly turning back to Jeisen and shrugging. He turned back to the door and placed his left hand on it. He gave it a slight nudge, then let loose an energy pulse that knocked it to the ground. With the door out of the way it was now possible to see what was inside.

Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 2604
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

The turning of the gears and Gadgets - Page 2 Empty Re: The turning of the gears and Gadgets

Post by Jeisen February 20th 2015, 12:12 am

Jeisen paused as Nolan brought back the news of the note. It was not a good sign by anymeans. His mind began to race as he ran over the implications of such a note. Leaving behind a note itself meant a few things. First it meant that they knew people were coming. Maybe they didn know it was them two in particular but they knew someone was coming. So either masuquerade had left a trail of some sort or he had deliberately sent them here into the jaws of a trap. Now, if Jeisen was setting the trap he would have set it outside the building where it would have been easier to clean up and still give a chance to retreat further into the base if need be. Jeisen also would have set up some damn advance sensors in the area to prep for the assualt. So he bet this "Gadet" guy had done the same soooo them teleporting in was probably known. Hell they were probably being watched right now. Yet no trap had been sprung....

So either this man wanted to lure them into the base to be attacked or brought in for some other purpose. Jeisen didn't quite know which option would be worse. He rose out of his crouched position as Forcewave Egan his advance, dropping a knife on the ground. A good fall back point. He slowly began to advance with the sniper rifle raised up till he was level with Forcewave.

Jeisen: "either there is a trap down these halls for us or there isn't. I'm not quite sure which one is worse."

No trap at all meant that they didn't think Jeisen and force were even worthy of one, not a competing thought. Jeisen broke the sniper rifle down into his twin pistols before advancing into he base. Nolan floated beside him, scanning all frequencies. Before we entered though, Jeisen paused to look at the doors sparking wires.

Jeisen: "hmph.."

He gave it a look over, examining it as closely as possible. Not something he would have expected from a gadget man. This was done on purpose, least... That's what Jeisen thought. Maybe the gadget guy was just a little lazy. He somehow doubted that though. Finishing up the examination, Jeisen advanced forward once more.
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2014-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Agency March 3rd 2015, 9:37 pm

Okay so the inside looked like some form of steampunk styled of citadel. There was a vast open area straight ahead with three paths. The first path seemed to lead to a large glowing energy and what appeared to be a glass elevator. Okay so the only way to go was down? Of course if they wanted there were literally computers upon computers built into the walls. Data was processing in, and funneling out. Gears and clockwork seemed to churn on the walls, a few hisses and the purring of a generator filled the air with a surreal ambiance. There was a small little mechanical creature, it appeared to be a mechanical sloth...sitting inside an over sized motorcycle tire with spikes in it and...oh boy. There are gattling guns mounted to the side of the mecha-sloth's head. That's nice.

"WOOOOW Break the door even more why don'tcha. I should go into your house and roll down YOUR door and then make YOU fix it. I swear you looters are all the same! I told ya, we ain't got no treasure! We ain't some kind of underground ruin and if ya don't move yer asses outta here I'm gonna call in my boys again!" the feisty little mecha sloth said, his voice a series of beeps timed well together with primitive Phonetic boxes. Seriously, he sounded like Satan and Microsoft Sam's love child...
The Agency
The Agency

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2014-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 4th 2015, 6:30 pm

The door had been knocked down because the little note said they could just enter as they pleased. Forcewave peeked inside real quick to get a good look at what was inside. It was a big room with a whole bunch of stuff inside. Really descriptive there right? There were three staircases each leading to completely different things, and an abundance of technological devices as far as the eye could see. A fitting place for somebody that was apparently a genius scientist and developer. Forcewave's eyes scanned the room until he saw something moving nearby. A robotic looking sloth on a tire with machine guns attached to it. This was either one of the stupidest things he's ever seen, or one of the most awesome. Probably some combination of the two.

The thing then started talking and was accosting him for breaking down the door. Forcewave felt a bit surprised considering there had been a note on the door. He turned around to notify Jeisen of what was inside, and saw that he was already making his way over to him. "You should have waited." he said to Jeisen. Forcewave sighed before turning back to the robotic cycle-sloth thing and tried to talk to it. "There was a note on the door that said to let ourselves in. We're here to see Gadget. Is he here by any chance." he asked the thing as politely as he could.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Agency March 11th 2015, 6:33 pm

"Oooohhh okay. So you're the ones I was supposed to actually "be nice" to...bleh." the sloth said before turning it's head to the side and letting it's tongue hang out. He looked back to Forcewave and then Jeisen and then back to Forcewave. "The place isn't clean. I was supposed to do it, but if Gadget really wanted it cleaned he probably shouldn't have told the sloth to do it. Well yessir... he's in. Just mind you don't touch too much until we get into the inner dome. 'Cuz not everything out here has the luxury of being electrical-retardant...if that's a thing." The sloth said waving them in before he started to wheel himself ahead of them a little. The sloth took them towards the right hand side. The path wasn't too different than the rest. Thick iron slabs for flooring now looking a little more rusted as they began to go deeper and deeper into the tube.

The tube came to an end and as soon as they stepped, or rolled, out they were in the belly of the beast. This room had two large generators on both sides, each one with water lines in and then funneling out as the continual purring of the generators carried on. The center of the room seemed to have a strange circular device with rods and white disc's surrounding them. There was a door on the other side that had a little "claw" mark on the top of the doorframe. The sloth rolled around to the door and let out a deep sigh.

Then, like a paraplegic the sloth threw itself from the tire and just laid there on the ground for a moment. Weakly it lifted on arm out and laid it down. Then it slowly began to slide it's body against the iron gfloor, causing little sparks between it's own metal and the ground. "Okay so you're gonna go through here and you're gonna meet two people. I think you're familiar with the one Jeisen. The other one you'll know if you've seen the news recently. Anyway you just tell them you['re here to see Gadget and I'll be right behind you...well soon. Later. Before you can collect social security...maybe." It said before letting out a long sigh and then looking up at the door.

"So much...work...so much...effort. Bleh. Hey, help a sloth out? I'll get PETA to endorse ya?" The sloth seemed, half-heartedly trying to convince Forcewave to assist the sloth in raising it up enough so it could more quickly reach it's required destination. If Forcewave helped then this would be quick...if not he might need to catch a nap.

Either way, when the door opened there was a total change in scenery. The old and edgy Steampunk look was gone and they entered the age of Sci-Fi. There were dozens of little robots all around, all of them working diligently it would seem, though all of them had guns at their sides. If there were ever a trap, it was probably right here.
The Agency
The Agency

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2014-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 15th 2015, 8:38 pm

"I guess that's us." Forcewave replied to the robotic sloth thing. Apparently it was told to be nice to somebody that was going to visit, and that somebody was them. So this gadget person had been expecting visitors. Strange since they had just met that other guy that had told them about Gadget mere minutes ago. Forcewave was beginning to think they might actually be working together and Gadget had been informed that people would be coming. The thought of them walking right into a trap was now stronger than it was before. This mechanical mansion did not resemble a pleasant place to die.

They were let inside this strange and messy structure and got to see what was inside. It resembled a factory with all sorts of machines designed to build things. Fitting since this place was the base of operations for a weapons designer. There were generators on either side of them as well. As well as a door that they were led to. The cybernetic cyclist creature led them to it and spoke of how there were two people waiting on the other side. Neither one was the person they were here to see though. Additional security, by the sound of it. The sloth said all they had to do was let them know they were here to see Gadget. He didn't exactly clarify what would happen once they did, however.

The sloth thingy was struggling to open the door, so Forcewave walked over to help him. "No need for the endorsement. Prefer to be safe more than anything." he said to the little guy before opening the door. Once it was open he looked inside to see another room full of equipment and a bunch of worker robots milling about. What he didn't see was two people waiting like the sloth had said there would be. "You sure there in there?" he asked the creature. "Where are we going anyways?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisen May 6th 2015, 3:50 pm

Having been silent this whole time, Jeisen just absorbed more and more information from his surroundings. He was piecing together just what this Gadet guy may want with the both of them. Or at least, thats what he was trying to do. His mind bounced through half a hundred different ideas to what he might be up to, but nothing was really sticking out to him. The massive changes in the areas did interest him though. This gadget guy seemed to just be building whatever the hell he wanted, when he wanted to. Jeisen looked up at the mention of his name though

"Wait, what do you mean I'll be familiar with one of them?"

Jeisen wasn't exactly well known nor did he know of very many people who could even be here right now. Did he mean masquerade? Not good. Guess this really was a trap then....
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2014-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top