The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Michael Bishop I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Michael Bishop I_vote_lcapMichael Bishop I_voting_barMichael Bishop I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Michael Bishop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Bishop Empty Michael Bishop

Post by Domovoi Shade May 2nd 2012, 5:35 pm

Renegade Name: Warlord
Title: Bishop
Alignment: Renegade (Antihero)
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Grey-Blue
Height: 6'4"-6'5" (boots)
Weight: 230lbs.

Costume Description/Image:
Armor:
Spoiler:
Minus the cape, hammer, and helmet.
Mask:
Michael Bishop WARLORD

Personality:
Bishop can appear somewhat capricious, especially when a subordinate has disappointed him. He may seem light-hearted or congenial, creating a false sense of security, before administering harsh justice. He is not generally a kind man, but he is fair and just. He never misses his que to punish failure, but seldom actively rewards success. This is not because he is unkind, but because he expects success. To succeed is to do one's job. Anything less is unacceptable. However, while still not pleased, he tends not to be as harsh when the situation was out of the person's hands. As was mentioned before, he is fair.
He values family and friends above all else, and regards anyone who does not as little more than trash. To him, loyalty is to family first (despite him no longer having any...), then to friends, then to his superior(s). While he will not outright disobey any order from his superior(s), that does not mean that he won't complete the order in the most beneficial way for himself, his friends/allies, and his own subordinates.

History:
Michael Bishop was born Michael McBride in 1636. From the day of his birth, his life was hard.
Michael was the illegitimate son of famous poet Anne Bradstreet. In 1635, Anne's husband began preliminary work on the founding of Harvard college. It was late that year that Anne began an affair with a man named Franklin McBride. They had known each other for years and, eventually, their friendship deepened into love. In very early 1636, Anne became pregnant. The only problem was that she and her husband had not been intimate for several months because of how busy he was. He spent months away from home working to gather funds, meeting with benefactors, and curating books - all for Harvard. In this time when he was away, Frank and Anne carried on a passionate affair.

Well, eventually, Anne discovered that she was with child. She couldn't keep it from her husband forever, so she bought some time. She told him she was going away to her sister's house in the countryside for a few months. He saw no problem with letting her spend time with the sister she rarely saw, partially out of guilt for how infrequently he was around. She did go to her sister's house, and her sister kept her secret. She gave birth in the small cottage with only her sister, Frank, and an elderly midwife. The infant's cry as he took his first breath heralded the beginning of some things and the end of others.

Anne lashed out at Frank. How could he have been so careless? How could she have allowed this? Obviously, their relationship could not continue. Anne could not - and would not - claim the child. She refused to even look at him. For a married woman of her age and stature to have a child out of wedlock would bring only shame and disggrace on her head. It would mean the end of everything she knew, her entire way of life. He would never know his mother's love.
And because of her, he would never know his father's either.

Anne told Frank that she never wanted to see him again. He threatened to out the entire affair and the baby to her husband. Anne retorted that she would claim he had held her captive and raped her if he did. Bitterly, Frank took their son and left.

They settled in Ipswich, Massachusetts. Frank named his son Michael McBride and married a woman who only loved him for his money. Frank was a heavy drinker and only married her because society said that a man of his age and wealth should have a wife. Between the two of them, the gold-digging whore and the alcoholic, they bled the family wealth dry. When there was nothing left to take, the woman sold off everything of value in the house and left, never to be seen again. Frank was in a drunken stupor and Michael was locked in his bedroom. He was four.

As time went on, Frank only got worse. He would get drunk and beat Michael mercilessly. He blamed the child for his current predicament. Their poverty, his own inner demons and, most of all, the fact that Frank could no longer see Anne. Michael grew up in an extremely unstable environment. He watched his father do horrible things. Steal, lie, cheat, rape, and murder. And when he was too drunk, Michael was forced to steal just to survive. He had to put bread on the table. Eventually, his father died of alcohol poisoning and a failed liver. His last words?
"I'll see you in Hell, Boy!"

Michael was rudderless. His father had been cruel, sadistic, and abusive, but he was still his father. Just the mere absence of him, the only constant and predictable element in Michael's world, was devastating. Yet through a trange set of coincidences, Michael found a new purpose. One year after Frank died, Michael was contacted by a lawyer. It turned out that an incredibly rich uncle on his father's side had died. This man had had no wife, no children. Michael was the next of kin.

As such, he inherited his uncle's considerable wealth and the rest of his estate. With this newfound source of money, Michael put his life back on track. He changed his name to Michael Bishop and attended Harvard where he got a doctorate in Psychology. Coincidentally, he graduated at twenty eight years old with the class of 1660 - the same class as Simon, his half-brother through Anne. He never told Simon who he was, but from afar he envied him.

With his new degree, he moved back to Ipswich for work. There he met a woman named Sarah whom he married. They had two children. But something wasn't right. While his wife grew old and his sons became men, he did not age. His wife tried to keep his secret, but people found out. She was pushing sixty and he didn't look a day over twenty-five. In addition, he was stronger and faster than any normal man should be..by a lot. Whispered rumors of black magic flew back and forth. Eventually, a group of armed men came for him late one night.

In the struggle, his wife and one of his sons were killed. Michael fought tooth and nail, but they finally beat him into submission. The year was 1692. Do you know your history? Then you should know what happened next.

Michael was taken to Salem Town where he was tried by the court of Oyer and Terminer. From there, things just went from "bad" to "complete and total shitstorm". He was actually standing trial when he saw it. A huge, tusked and clawed monster that broke through the walls of the courtroom and started wreaking havoc. In the pandemonium, Michael managed to wound the beast with a metal bar he broke off from the holding cell there. The normal humans, obviously. Did not see the Hollow. What they did see was death and destruction that, to them, looked like witchcraft. And who had broken free from his chains and was wielding a weapon? Michael. They needed no further evidence to confirm his witchery. He was sentenced to hang by the neck until he was dead.

Michael had many things to ponder on the long walk to the gallows. When they got there and secured the noose, he had a plan. As soon as the floor beneath him dropped away, he reached up and snapped the rope with his tremendous strength. He fell through the hole and made a break for it. All according to plan.
He wasn't planning for the roughly forty musket balls that slammed into his back...nor for the fact, while they did hurt on impact, they didn't cause any permanent damage. He just kept running through the haze of pain. His pursuers chased him for a long time; he wasn't fast enough to leave them in the dust. However, he was able to keep running long after they were forced to stop.
He's never stopped.

For the next several centuries, he traveled all over the world. He was careful never to stay in one place for too long. Wherever he went, he seemed to attract those who fancied themselves "tough" and "badass". He established his dominance everywhere he went. His power only grew with time. He fought in most major wars of the twentieth century.

One would think that the computer-based world of the twenty-first century would make it harder for one such as him to blend in. But when one knows the right people who can get one the proper documents, one finds that it's never been easier. In this brave new world of superhumans, the self-styled Warlord still searches for his place.

Powers:
Superhuman Physical Attributes: Warlord's natural physical abilities are far beyond the reaches of normal humanity. He doesn't age, tires exponentially slower than even an elite Human athlete, can lift up to fifty tons and output a mythical amount of striking force, and is more resistant to damage than any Human could ever be. He is also immune to diseases and highly resistant to toxins/poisons.

Power Grid:
STR: 5
SPD: 3
END: 6
INT: 3
EP: 0
FS: 5

Power Grid Colours: Standard

Items:
-Two (2) twenty-one inch expandable batons made of titanium-steel. They lock into place when expanded and can be retracted with the puch of a button on the end of the handle.

-A pair of SAP Gloves: Kevlar gloves (with the inner layer made of comfortable soft leather). These gloves have several ounces of steel shot sewn into the back of the hand and the tops of the fingers. There is also a steel plate sewn in over the steel shot on the back of the hand, and several smaller ones sewn in over the steel shot on the backs of the fingers. Even wwhen used by someone WITHOUT super strength, these can cause a lot of pain and damage. They are commonly used by bouncers and other security personnel to quickly knock belligerants unconscious.

Character Image/Description:
Michael Bishop 240px-Eric_NorthmanMichael Bishop Pbucket
Michael Bishop stands tall at six feet four inches, six feet five inches in his boots. He's got the body of a warrior and the mind of a scholar. His physique is godlike; he's fantastically fit. He weighs in at two hundred and thirty pounds of almost solid muscle, as his body fat is less than six percent. His limbs are very strong, and the power he can exert is incredible. His muscles are just big enough without being morbidly huge, and are extremely dense. His whole body gives the impression of having been carved and chiseled out of granite by a peerless artist. His facial features are rugged yet perfectly formed - a stern brow above just slightly sunken eyes the color of a storm cloud, a thin, flat, angular nose, and full lips on a generally small mouth. His cheekbones are high on his face, with a strong jawline and chin.

Last edited by Domovoi Shade on July 18th 2012, 10:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Domovoi Shade
Domovoi Shade

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 6
Job : Boss
Humor : Dick Jokes.
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Back to top Go down

Michael Bishop Empty Re: Michael Bishop

Post by Super Cutie May 3rd 2012, 7:12 am

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Michael Bishop Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 25th 2013, 2:03 pm

Unapproved for edits

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top