The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Michael Rugen[Done] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Michael Rugen[Done] I_vote_lcapMichael Rugen[Done] I_voting_barMichael Rugen[Done] I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Michael Rugen[Done]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Rugen[Done] Empty Michael Rugen[Done]

Post by Ranganok July 25th 2016, 5:42 pm

Michael Rugen
"Everything is yours for the taking, if you only ask.."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name:  Overlord
Title:  Billionare, Owner of Thanaton Industries specializing in IT and technology.
Alignment:  Lawful Neutral
Race: Human(probably)
Hair: Messy, brown with downside spiky bangs.
Eyes: Serene, clear, brown
Height: 185cm
Weight: 73kg
Blood type: O+

The Looks

Appearance:

The Legacy

Personality:

It couldn't be said that Michael has a well defined personality. If it were to describe him in one word, it would be Singularity. He tends to be able to be everything, from a cruel tyrant to a kind stranger, from a very serious person to a very sarcastic/joking one, from a hard working one to a lazy one and so on, and all of these sides are still him.

Though there are some traits that he has almost at all times. He is always open minded, and is never 100% sure of what he knows. He always leaves room for doubt in case he is wrong, so that he may learn and become better. Always thirsting for knowledge, he loves exploring old ruins, artifacts and learning teachings from all "cultures". He doesn't try to prove his point or to prove that the other is wrong. Instead, he keeps asking them question until they block and some realize they're wrong themselves.

He loves life, and all living beings. Unconditional love, love for all creation. This is one of the main reasons he can't feel hate and envy. Tough this doesn't stop him from experiencing anger. He doesn't believe death to be something negative or bad at all. In his philosophy, all life comes from the divine, and once it ends it returns to the divine. Also because of his love, he wants to guide the people, to help them raise themselves, teach them how to achieve what they want and be what they are supposed to.  He believes that any sentient can become divinity with enough guidance.

He can also have complete control over his emotions and desires, making it much easier to use his mind. This way, he can be both warming kind or cruely cold. He can kill someone without any hesitation, swift and merciless, if he deems that is necessary. He believes his actions are guided by The Divine itself, trying to help the destiny unfold. He believes that everyone has a path, and the Divine's will is to make sure that destiny will happen, one way or another.

Divinity, in his eyes, is singularity. Everything in the galaxy is the physical manifestation of the energy, the living included,divinity being present in all of them.. Thus, He is Divinity itself and his will is heeded by the Divine, after all, If he wants something he asks it from the Divine and it will somehow give Michael's the opportunity to gain what he desires."Everything is yours for the taking, if you only ask".

His philosophy about the people is that everyone has the right to be who they want, how the want and do what they want. But the others have the right to respond how they want as well. "You are free to choose what you want, but you are not free from the consequences of your decisions."

One of his strongest personality traits is empathy. He is able to understand any living being, even when they do most atrocious things. Because he always tend to put himself into the other's shoes in order to understand them better. This way, he developed a skill to read people and guess their intentions.

One of his greatest desires is to create a place, where people understand each other, where they share their knowledge and work as one. A place of eternal happiness, love and knowledge and a sanctuary for any who comes to it.

Michael often likes to stay and observe people, to test them and see how they react in some circumstances, what decisions they make and where will they end to. He will grant them knowledge and help them harness they power, so that he may see how they use them and if they end being a hero or they fall into the villanous path.

Even though he lived for a long time and maybe he achieved some things, he still keeps himself humble, thinking that he is just doing what he needs to, as everyone else, and he doesn't see himself special, above all others. On the contrary, he believes that with proper knowledge and training, everyone can achieve the level he has, thus, making everyone his equal.

He also thinks of himself as a keeper of balance. So whenever someone seems to threaten the balance and bring chaos, he will start to act and eliminate those persons, some times in a most horrid way. He doesn't discriminate, be it good,evil, ally, enemy etc...if it goes out of control, he will eliminate, and trim it down to an acceptable scale.

Even though he did and sometimes still does atrocious things, he knows self restraint. He knows when to spare and when to kill. When to win and when to lose. When to act and when to stay.

He is a very honest man, never lying and when he promises something he sees it trough the very end. He knows that when in someone's else base, he should abide by the rules, as he expects from them when coming to his. He rarely lies, only when he deems it as the best option.

He likes to explore new places, and enjoy the little things in life, like good food, and find new sources of entertaining. Traveling to new places, learning from different cultures, eating new types of food and drinking, participate in games, or just spectate, admire views, know people and observe them and this list goes on and on. Whenever he discover something new or interesting he becomes enthusiastic like a kid when discovering something new to play with.

Michael also has a philosophical side, where he sometimes talks about life and all it has to offer, sometimes even speaking in rimes. He made a habit of this from learning many  factions philosophies including the heroes and the villains, creating his own from a combination of those. He could be seen as the "wise old man" who sometimes talks in riddles.

History:
The Darkness Son:

Conqueror of Hell:

The Fall of the Dark God:

A hundred lives:

A new Beginning:

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Reincarnation: Michael is able to reincarnate into another body after dying. Thus, living many lives. The time between reincarnations could vary between a few years to a few hundreds of years or even millennia...after all he is the one that chooses when, where and from who he reincarnates.

Weakness(es)

Reincarnation: He cannot take his powers from the previous lives with him. Thus meaning that if in one life he was able to manipulate fire, the next one he would most likely not be able to do that, thus resetting his abilities every time. The only power remaining over the multitude of lives being the Reincarnation power itself. Also he doesn't have his past lives memories until the age of 7, and then they will gradually come until the age of 17.

The Black Box: The device needs at least an hour of emanating those signals into the target's brain in order to be able to influence it...thus it cannot really be used in actual combat.  

Wave Emitter: The emitter can easily be nullified by preoccupying the brain with other waves. For example, listening to music on headphones makes the user immune to the emitter's waves.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

The emitter must be in the target's proximity...no farther than 700 meters. And it need to run unintrerrupted for an hour to give some results. It can be moved in that time but it can also be destroyed if enough force is put in it. When the time is up, the other person may go into a hypnotic slumber where it would be rewrited...in case of strong willed that uncounsciously or consciously fights it...it can send signals to influence their state and senses when they are still conscious...but the effects are weaker...to mere influence rather than control.

Martial Arts: During his life, Michael learned martial arts from many different people, and even became a national champion. He is very good at using aikido, turning the opponent's strength against them, nunjutsu, the art of stealth and assassination and kendo, using a katana.

Science Genius: Having an entire tech industry under his control and his brilliant mind, he is able to create many special devices which could help him temporarily or help others.

Items/Minions

The Black Box: It is a small 25x25 cm big and...well, cubic box that emits waves affecting the brain functionality. It can rewrite their programming, inducing trough hypnosis and suggestions,and chancing perspectives, thoughts, memory,inducing certain "feelings", basically influencing everything that has to do with the activity of the brain.

Wave Emitter: This is usually under the form of a portable object like a watch of a bracer for example. It keeps emitting informational waves that slightly alters the brain signals...influencing their perceptions(for example making himself seem invisible just because the others refuse to look at him thus remaining unnoticed....or make someone else very noticeable, giving false info under the form of instincts and feelings making somewhat of a distraction) thus being able to induce certain suggestions(ignorance, danger, anger,lust, greed, etc.) It works even better with musing since the waves combine and thus becoming more potent and less detectable(by those able to detect informational waves)

Physical Priority
Agility: 2
Endurance: 3
Reaction: 1
Strength: 4
Ranganok
Ranganok

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Michael Rugen[Done] Empty Re: Michael Rugen[Done]

Post by Chellizard August 9th 2016, 1:59 pm

Your reincarnation is a permission based power when it comes to using OCs and NPCs of other people on the board.

Also, your physical-forms, no matter what you reincarnate to, will be mundane humans.

Your two items are also permission based.

But from what I can tell, you'll be fine. People on this board typically enjoy torturing their OCs, so it'll be nice to have someone on here to do it for them. (:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Michael Rugen[Done] JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top