The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Atlantis Case Part 1

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: The Atlantis Case Part 1

Post by elephantlord November 8th 2022, 11:25 pm

When Finn's powers first manifested, he had hated them with every fiber of his being. Unknown and uncontrolled, the flesh of every creature he ate changed him in countless ways. By the time he got a handle on it, channeled his terrible gift into something to help people, it had changed him irrevocably.

It was that aspect of his powers Finn hated most. The wild, mutagenic need his body had to strip whatever useful traits from the genetics of whatever animal protein he ingested and slap it on to him like the world's worst Mr. Potato Head.  It was terrifying and strange and deeply unsettling on both a physical and spiritual level.

But at least, Finn would admit grudgingly, it was thorough.

For while Finn could be overwhelmed by stimulus, or be brought down by excessive damage, the changes in his body were wholly him when they manifested. They were complete in the way that only millennia of the heartless culling of natural selection could produce.

So when he began to heal, the bullets did not take up residence inside him.  Instead, the furrows carved by the slugs were pushed out like some obscene plug.  Within his torso, destroyed organs were supported by redundant backups, kept him functional.

Finn spit up a mouth full of blood.  His instincts were screaming at him.  Something was wrong; something was off.  So instead of charging in, Finn took his time and uprooted a nearby parking meter with a great tug, turning it into a makeshift club.  

Finn looked over his shoulder and gave Simmons a tusky grin and a thumb's up.  "Thanks," he said, and then coughed a little.  That had been a startling displace of pistol work, and no mistake.  Finn felt like a bit of a fifth wheel now, he would admit sheepishly.  That kid was going places.  Probably be up there with the greats someday.  Or, well, if he wanted to be.  He did seem to want to keep things on the downlow.

Not to mention June.  Holy Lord in Heaven, but that woman could move.  There was something about the way her blows flowed so fluidly through each other.  It was like watching a painting; not a movie, but like a work of art brought to life.  Finn chuckled to himself and shook his head.  "Definitely a fifth wheel," he said, sweeping the parking meter through the shadowy figures.  

Something didn't add up, he thought.  That itch in the back of his head was still bothering him.  June was fine, the Wunderkind was fine, Miss Jeannie was safe with the Caretaker...

And that's when his ears picked up the sound of gunfire, and the words Jeannie had spoken just before.  "I might need a bigger gun for that."

Finn turned back to the building then, one of the shadow men taking the opportunity to slash at his exposed back.  Finn gave him the courtesy of his elbow for his moxie.  It was a feint.  Jeannie was in trouble.

"Simmons!"  Finn roared, "Mind your head!"  

Finn had feasted on owls; it was what caused the strange lopsided nature of his ears.  An owl could pinpoint mice buried and dirt with their hearing.  Typically, Finn used this for rescue work.  Today, he used it to pinpoint a monster.

Finn heaved up that meter like a great javelin.  He set his feet and heaved, every muscle on his nine-foot frame contorted to give it power.  The missile pierced three walls and slammed into Jeannie's attacker, skewering it in the side.  Whether or not that made no never mind was to be seen.

elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2022-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjim221 November 11th 2022, 10:16 pm

When the bullets kept coming, Simmons realized he made a mistake: their weapons weren’t normal at all. He was unaware they were capable of generating bullets, but now that this shootout has gone as long as it has it meant that the possibility that these weapons were only an extension of their bodies was much higher... When Dragon Girl stepped into the fray, he got his confirmation.

He got up the moment she had gone between him and their line of sight (grateful she was so tall to use her as a form of partial cover). She attempted to grab the weapons of the shadows that weren’t already disarmed, but she seemed confused when she made contact- it must be made out of something else, something different. That was when the shadows he disarmed suddenly developed large growths in their hands, before reforming them into pistols to resume assaulting Finn with bullets. There were also shadow men in the store he failed to see, approaching him, the director, and Jeannie.

As he took note of this, reality itself seemed to flicker, before changing in a split-second, transitioning from the 1950s to a boring 2000-something office space, fitted with a drop-down ceiling made of cardboard and cubicles. He glanced to the desk he used and noticed that it was now a computer desk. It was also no longer damaged. Interesting… something to revisit at a later time. He ducked as Jeannie rolls around with her gun shooting the creatures, but considering their amorphous nature he doubted such weapons would work on them.

He looks back as shadow men approached them, their hands morphing into something that resembled Lobster claws. Wait. Lobster claws. He can work with this…

He’s already used 8 shots, so he only has 10 left before he needs to reload. Drop-down ceilings use frames- but he can’t tell how everything is supported just from a glance, so he kicks up his left shoe so that it smacks against the center of a junction. The ceiling tiles shift a little, and it’s enough to tell where the wires powering the fluorescent lights are from their weight, as well as the cables that support the structure needed for that section to fall. Before the shoe touched the ground, he fires two shots to sever the connection of two electrical cables from their ballasts, six shots for seven cables holding up portions of the ceiling tiles, and one shot for the tiny glass bulb on the sprinkler.

He shouts out “Guys, don’t touch the water on the ground- you might get electrocuted!” as the false ceiling suddenly shifts and water starts gushing out of the relatively tiny hole of a sprinkler head. Hundreds of gallons of pressurized water jet out, pitch black from the accumulation of rust and grime from the years it sat unused. The ceiling tiles got soaked, and like sponges became so heavy that half the frames fell from being unable to support such a strain, collapsing on most of the shadow creatures. The wires followed suit, touching the now-flooded floor the creatures are wading in. The zaps of a live current can be heard running through the wire, and he backs away. If these creatures were capable of mimicking physical features, that should affect them like it would with any aquatic arthropods, by paralyzing (potentially preventing them from transforming) and killing them in a few seconds.

“We need a new exit- I suspect the back will be flooded with these creatures so…” He fires his remaining rounds at a side window and reloads. “This will have to do.” He kicks the window and it bursts like a Prince Rupert’s drop. “This way, come on!” He knew where the agency kept their vehicles, he checked on the way here. He flips through the book, pretenses gone as he might have to destroy it so that whoever is after this doesn’t get what they’re looking for.

Last edited by jimjim221 on November 11th 2022, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Improper wording)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 Saiko-intelli-boku-no-hero-academia
jimjim221
jimjim221

Quote : "No one can be defined as only one thing; there is more to a person than meets the eye; even if they themselves don't realize it. "

Warnings : 2 Warnings
Number of posts : 35
Location : Orlando, Florida; where dreams come to a grinding halt.
Job : professional bullshitter
Humor : I live as a supporting character in a world of protagonists. Well, I'm actually the twist villian, but thats in the final story arc... pay no attention to me :D
Registration date : 2017-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga November 14th 2022, 10:12 am

INSIDE THE OUTPOST

The shadow creatures seemed formidable, but bullets stopped them much like any big animal. Jeannie’s target went down, but, after several moments it was surrounded by its fellows and stood back up. Regeneration was in their arsenal, but it seemed to slow the other two down. Slate’s plan to electrocute them stopped them in their tracks entirely.

The Caretaker, ever the gentleman, allowed Jeannie to get on the table first before standing ontop as well. With the monsters seizing up. Showing remarkable agility for his age, the Caretaker manages to leap towards a large desk by the wall, next to a shelf. He opens a secret compartment to reveal a fine Remington shotgun.

“I’m afraid I must ask you to leave the premises at once!” he says, before blasting the stunned shadow shifters. The large, slug shots left gaping holes in the monsters, putting them down for good.
However, the situation was on a downward trend. Outside, more of the things were arriving. Slate suggested an escape, demonstrating good knowledge of the Institute’s resources. “Ah, the motor pool, good choice. We must go to our contact; this venue is untenable.” He supported Slate’s decision and initiative, as the Caretaker shouted out the window.

“Mister Finn! Miss Girl! We must abandon this position and meet our contact elsewhere! To the motor pool!”

June was fighting on the street, keeping much of the incoming monsters at bay, but she had the presence of mind to listen and respond. “Alright!” She shouted over the chittering, then turned to Finn. “Big guy, let’s go!”

ON THE STREET
Finn had speared one of the critters with a hefty throw, and recognizing the danger the shadow men transformed and let out a vile screech. “KREEEE!” A shadow shifter grew a mantis claw and squared off against Finn, then lunged at his arm, as another wanted to take a bite out of his leg.

June squared off with more arrivals, going on the attack, the creatures dodging her first two kicks but each one got her closer to the right position until the shadow thing thought it avoided a third- only for June to bring her heel down in a skull crushing axe kick. When they got too close, June switched to fisticuffs and elbows, avoiding blows she could from training and tanking the rest. These things hurt for sure, their supernatural claws leaving scratches on June's otherwise tough skin.

More were coming. It was clear that they were trying to surround and overwhelm them. June went to a parked car and crammed it into the alley they were coming from. Then she turned around and like a bowling ball, smashed into Finn’s attackers, giving him an opening to finish them and would run once Finn was going.

MOTORPOOL

A Ford Model 18, fully restored and in pristine condition, sat in the motorpool, one of the few items that wasn’t concealed by the anachronism field. The Caretaker had slung his weapon about his shoulders, and headed to the garage’s controls. They weren’t out of the woods yet though- outside the windows, the outline of those… things… were surrounding the building. Their claws banged against the reinforced steel door of the garage; when that failed, they started on the windows.

“Bloody hell, there’s a whole lot of them.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose November 14th 2022, 10:27 pm

Jeannie was impressed with the caretaker's assistance in stopping the   monsters pretty tough for an old guygusses you can say you took care of them, huh gramps

the agent man's clever plan helped, he was surprisingly handy in the fight even though she assumed he was just the bookworm there to read the big words on where to go.

she follows them to the motor pool as quickly getaway was the plan.  Jeannie smiles when she see the car cool daddy would love this he likes vintage stuff

Jeannie being Jeannie decides to take a picture with her phone to show him, comically ignoring the shadow monsters and needing to be in a hurry. I call dibs on the getaway driver! mister caretaker having a shotgun count as calling shotgun. she sees a supply closet

let's see if we can do something about them being too many of them Jeannie fiddled with some things in the closet.  she tossed a bag into the car and starts it up.

all aboard as  Simmons and the caretaker got in, Jeannie watch the garage door up she pulls a bottle from her bag and tosses it out the window at the door just as the shadowmen started to pour in. it burst into flames setting them a blaze staggering in pain.

Jeannie honks the horn and rams through the staggered shadows taking off as fast as the old car could go. she then makes a wild u-turn heading to the front of the building to get the rest of the team.
seeing them surrounded by more shadows,
hang on guys she sends the car into a spin like a wrecking ball mixed with top-smashing shadow goons

somehow perfectly stopping in front of dragon girl and Finn. Jeannie smiles and waves to them. Do you guys need a ride?  she tosses more of her fire bottles at the shadows to take their attention from her teammates so they can  cram into the comically small for the group car,

right big finally time she pulls the last thing out of her bag alarm clock tied to some gas cans and fertilizer bags she winds the clock and tosses it in front of the car as the shadows closed in.

everyone fasten your seat belts, wait does this thing have seat belts? well anyway, this will be bumpy. she shifts the car into reverse and takes off backward, the alarm goes off erupting in a ball of fire as the car clears the parking lot narrowly avoiding the fate of the shadows becoming extra crispy

ok so I might have over did it, I like big booms and I can not lie Jeannie takes off driving wildly down the road zig-zagging between cars and up and down roads aimlessly until they were far away from the old building. Jeannie giggles amused while her teammates might be wondering if they were safer with the shadows. whopsiy wrong way, huh, and the wrong side of the road too

a few hours later,   somewhere

Jeannie brings the car to a stop pulls over in a parking lot and looks around well good news we are alive! but, she blush looking at the group kinda embarrassedwe might be lost, I never was good at directions in my defense even some that is would have a hard time when they don't know where it is they're going.  on the brightside

she points up to the sign letting them know she somehow got them to Macdonald's in one peace.   so we can get snacks while Simmons does some smart guy stuff and figures out where we are, maybe the caretaker can call the contact where supposed to meet and get them to come here Jeannie smiles happily at her job as the getaway driver being fairly successful and ponders what to get all the excitement made her hungry.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Number of posts : 2488
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by elephantlord November 26th 2022, 12:15 am

There was a motto for metas built like Finn.  Hit, and get hit.  That was what he was good at.  So, when the shadow things lunged for him, Finn but paid them the benefit of a sigh and ignored them.  Claws dug into mortal flesh, his leg was cut deeply by the lunging monstrosity, but he paid it little mind.  The wounds were already regenerating even as the unnatural substance of their bladed weapons bypassed his durability.

He covered his face to keep them from stabbing a sensory organ or two, but salvation came in the form of a long-haired rapscallion in a very nice car.  It looked like something out of a Bonnie and Clyde film.  Without word of explanation or apology, Finn plucked up the Dragon Girl and practically threw her into the vehicle.  

While doing this, Finn had been calculating how he would keep up with them.  Though he could run and leap at a fair clip, he was by no means a speedster.  He had just been about to slap the back of the driver's seat when he noticed something - his head hadn't brushed up against the ceiling.

"Whaaat?" he said, looking a proper clown.  He reached up experimentally to touch the room of the vehicle, realizing that there was just enough room to fit a person of his dimensions.  It seemed the old fellow had some tricks of his own.  

Fin smirked and shook his head at his own foolishness as he wedged himself in after June.  It was a tight fit, aye, but Finn lived in a world full of tight fits.  He slapped down another shadow agent who had the temerity to interrupt their joyride, and then laughed a little.  It had been awhile since he was driven around in anything other than the bed of a pickup.

"At your leisure, Miss Jeanne," and leaned back to enjoy the novelty of actually getting to be in the getaway car.

--

When they arrived somewhere, Finn had to admit to having no idea either where they were.  When he had been but a wee lad, Finn had always fallen asleep during car rides.  It seemed that 600 pounds and 20-some years hadn't changed that fact.  

Finn got out of the vehicle, stretching his massive bulk and popping several joints that had decided to protest his lack of movement.  He took stock of his clothing, noting the many holes.  

"The Strongman's Burden," he muttered to himself.  It was a joke amongst Finn and a few others of his powerset that they probably spent more money in clothes and uniforms than they did on their mortgages.  There was a reason the archetype was typically portrayed in film as shirtless brutes with only bare strips of cloth to keep their pride tucked.  

Shrugging away the loss, Finn began to pat the remains of his pants for his wallet.  Giving a large smile (no teeth) when he found it, he produced the much-abused folds of fake leather and held it up. "Let's see if the lobby is open."
elephantlord
elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Job : Pharmacy stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjim221 December 2nd 2022, 10:52 pm

The Ride

The caretaker for this outpost is unsurprisingly badass. From what he can tell from the hall of fame situated at headquarters, agents of the I.I.I.I. barely age, so this much older agent must clearly be experienced- he thought it was odd as well, how practically unfazed the man was despite being a non-superhuman. The caretaker yells for Finn and Dragon girl to join, but those two end up too preoccupied with the creatures to join them for the moment. The three of them- (Jeannie, Simmons, and the caretaker) head to the garage with the intent to pick up the other two later.

He rushes out with the prompting of the caretaker’s approval of his plan. As they ray, he was reading- the book was on ancient, lost languages; series upon series of ancient glyphs, runes, and symbols. The author notes several potential meanings, but Simmon’s ability gives him the feeling that it’s incorrect somehow - he must not have the right knowledge at the moment... He often struggles explaining how he knows what he does with his ability, all he knows is that his brain is built to make connections, making things that are normally complex as straightforward to him as 1 + 1 = 2; it’s so simple and straight-forward that it’s just hard to explain in layman terms. He’ll need to examine the book for longer once he’s not running for his life, but he doesn’t the book itself. It is now fully memorized.

Once they reached the motor pool’s garage, Simmons shut the steel door they came in and shoots the door’s locking mechanism so that it can’t open. Looking around, the caretaker nods towards a Model Ford car to take. “There we go. I recommend we only go in one, as that should make us harder to track.”

Jeannie walks slowly around, taken aback by the wonder of the place, apparently unworried about the rush they were in. “Daddy would love this, he likes vintage stuff!”

Simmons was of course intrigued at who her father was, but that’s something he’ll ask about later. Either CT doesn’t plan on taking Finn with them, or the car must be bigger on the inside than it appears. It would definitely explain the tinted windows, which normally would not be up to code in a normal car and would result in a ticket, had this not been sanctioned by the government. A peek inside proves him right, and surprisingly the glass is see-through on this side… perhaps a form of one-way glass? The images are crystal clear.

The windows of the garage though, begin showing warbling silhouettes and resound with audible thuds as the creatures seek some way to barge through into where they were. He was glad the thick layer of glass was somewhat bulletproof, although they seemed to be making some progress as they started to cut and vigorously scrape through the thick glass.

“Bloody Hell, there’s a lot of them.” The caretaker says, hushed from the shock.

Simmons had to agree, the scenario they were in was almost something straight out of the scene of a horror movie, which was amusing.

He watches Jeannie pick up some glass bottles from the minibar (Caretaker shrugs at Simmon’s questionable glance as he explains: “What can I say? Some like to drive with a little zest and no expense is too great for our agency.”), and she dashes into a utility closet for a split second before coming out and mixing some chemicals, then heading to the car in the driver’s seat. Simmons actually takes the passenger seat because he claimed shotgun before Jeannie could say ‘care-taker’- he saw it coming and he knew that his reaction time might be crucial as a backup, and he can’t do much from the back seat. The caretaker would also be safer wedged between two tanky team members in the back, so that issue takes care of itself.

As the garage doors begin to open so that they can drive off, Jeannie tosses a bottle to the exit and it appeared to have affected the creatures greatly. Unfortunately, she also set fire to their only exit, which she proceeds to ignore, driving through the wall of flames. After drifting like a racing queen, Jeannie plows through the horde of shadow creatures like she was trying to mow a lawn, in her attempt to reach their two other allies, she narrowly misses a car crammed in an alleyway, likely placed there by one of the beefcakes as a blockade.

“Do you guys need a ride?” Jeannie grins.

Personally, Simmons would have gone with ‘come with me if you want to live’, but that works too. They look at the car reluctantly but appeared shocked once they stepped into the car, Finn looking particularly taken aback; he’s probably not used to fitting inside a typical car.

The flames from the bottles she tossed in her grand entrance start to pick up and she tosses a clock alarm bomb – when did she make that? How quickly did she do that while was she in that closet?  - in front of the car as she sped past. In reverse. The walls of flames narrowly missed them as she turned, like they had just escaped from an exploding moon-sized space base.

“Okay, so I might have overdid it. I like big booms and I cannot lie!” Jeannie

He had to agree the explosion was a little bit much – still, he wouldn’t be surprised if the I.I.I.I managed to cover it up and repair everything within a single day. It would still be hard to hide Jeannie’s driving though…

As much as he appeared confident, he did not trust Jeannie to either ride off a cliff side or attract the attention of the police. She was precise but she seemed to treat the road markings as suggestions rather than rules. Also, was she originally European? She was driving on the wrong side of the road. He was about to let her know but then she corrected her positioning. As they continued to drive on, he pulled out the car’s instruction book while occasionally looking out at the road once a second. It only took him 5 minutes, but he swapped his Kusari Fundo expertise for expertise on this particular car. He then tapped a series of buttons, activating audio scramblers, adjusting seat positions to make everyone more comfortable, and opening the hidden wine dispenser, dispensing non-alcoholic sparking juice into a glass to sip as he thought.

Jeannie stopped at the first food store she could spot that wasn’t a gas station, which happened to be a McDonalds.

She sighs. “We might be lost, I never was good at directions. In my defense, even some that are would have a hard time when they don't know where it is they're going…”

Simmons interjects; “As long as you guys have me, we won’t get lost. Well, as long as I have some way to identify what direction we are traveling and I’m not unconscious. I didn’t stop you because where we will be heading will require a plane trip or two.”

Part of his ability simply refuses to let him forget things, so he’d been keeping track the entire time. He knows where to go, but it would be best to let the team rest a bit and use the opportunity to learn more about them.

The rest of them might not have realized it but the IIII tech in the surroundings effected short term memory storage. He was likely uneffected because his memory goes straight to long term... It does however leave a nice little side effect of no one else ever knowing what direction they were heading, which is why he was confident they left those creatures in the dust.

They all stepped out, and Finn muttered something “the strong man’s burden”, and Simmons could see what he meant when he took a look at the shredded rags Finn had on. It occurred to Simmons that Finn decided to go to the mission with such regular clothes- which again, is odd since clothes of that size are hard to come by. Did he even own a phone? Perhaps he has no way to save enough money to purchase a super-suit designed to simply survive battles instead of protecting himself? Finn shrugs it off as a minor inconvenience and moves towards the store. Perhaps Finn doesn’t see the need to get one as he has adequate protection? Things to ask once they sit down.

McDonald Shenanigans

Jessica sighed as she flipped through the news of the recent major villain attacks, from sudden disappearances of anyone thinking about doing something about Jack, to London slowly being torn apart. She’s almost happy at the monotony of life as a manager of this slightly run-down Mcdonalds. Just as she thinks this, it comes in supers. In comes a large person with tattered clothes, so large that they need to open both doors and duck to get through the entrance, as well as Jeannie, two men in suits, and Dragon Girl of all people.

She would have lost her composure, luckily the two years of working here have allowed her to go on autopilot to take their orders.

"Welcome to McDonalds, what would you like?" she asked the large man.

The colossus whips out his calculator, small against his large hands. "Okay let's see..."

She watches with bated breath as the man attempts to type away at the little device as the line gets a little longer. How much does he plan to order if he needs a calculator? He’s huge, surely that’ll take a bit to process. "Uh sir, we do have a catering option on our online website if you wish to do bulk orders for your... group."

"Sadly, I only have cash on me and my phone was very recently destroyed." Finn's oversized finger tapped slowly on the tiny calculator. "120 calories per patty, yes?"

"Uh, I would imagine?"

“Do American McD's have chicken?” Dragon Girl pipes up.

She tries to say something but nothing comes out. Must be nerves… shit, this is embarrassing. The young man in a suit seems to respond to her question after a beat. “Yes, chicken sandwiches.”

June facepalms once she gets a better look at the menu, "Oh I forgot, they have no rice. Ahem; I’ll have four double quarter pounders, four large fries, four diet cokes, four mcflurries..."

Dragon Girl must have just noticed the stares that the majority of the people have been giving her because she responds with a confused, comedic " what?" to the situation. And then just like that, she moves on- asking everyone else what they want.

Jeannie comes to her and simply asks for 'one of everything, including the kid's meals.'

“I’m sorry, but our ice cream machine is broken. We can’t give you everything.” Jessica shrugs apologetically.

Jeannie shrieks, reaching for something in her jacket as if she were reaching for another one of her bottles before realizing she had already used them all. She mumbles something about an alien conspiracy involving ice-cream machines before leaping past the counter to the kitchen, clearly intent to take matters into her own hands. Simmons follows behind her, apologizing and ordering for himself; oatmeal and a grilled chicken salad- with a coffee with 4 sugar packets, 2 creams, and a separate cup of water.

The large man, who she makes out from the conversations must be Finn. He’s still trying to type on the calculator… Just how many did this man plan to order?

"My dear, may I please have 100 patties delivered to my table?" Finn proceeded to take several much-abused $100 bills from his wallet and place them on the countertop.

“I-I…” She stammers. The co-workers behind her laugh, with murmurs like "Yo, is this man for real?" and "I knew his order was gonna be big, but holy shit!"

After putting in the order for... 100 patties and his friend’s orders, they've run out of patties for the day- they were supposed to restock for the week... Tomorrow. Hopefully, no one gets too upset if burger patties are out of stock, but maybe she should make a sign?

"That might take a half hour to cook..."

"Oh, not a problem at all." Finn says, as he leaves another hundred dollar bill on the counter, shifting it towards her to make it clear it was for them.  

Tipping was traditionally against franchise policy as a rule, but that custom had grown lax in recent years. This will help her with the electric bills she has to pay… her home utilities have increased in price after a villain threatened to blow up the city’s infrastructure, and it ended up raking up the prices for even simple things to pay for insurance. It was a lifesaver is what it was. She smiles gratefully.

Table talk

Simmons and Jeannie come back out after about 15 minutes, footsteps wet and sticky with the milky sweetness of the ice cream. Before Simmons sits down at their table, he announces “Ice cream machine is now in pristine condition” before taking a dramatic bow. “…It might also occasionally run a little longer than it should, giving some people an extra helping of heart disease.” He smiles as if it was a comfort instead of a joke, before sitting down. He contemplates, before deciding to just ask in a straightforward manner now before the food arrives at their table and cameras get pulled out to record the scene of excessive food.

“Before we make a proper plan of action, I need more data. What can you guys do? Powers, I mean. No matter how obscure, this will help me greatly with figuring out a plan of action, especially considering where we are headed.”

After listening to their responses, Simmons nods “Well, I have super-intelligence, it lets me be an expert in anything I study in less than a day. That’s all I can do, so I’m not particularly durable. Also, Finn- is there a reason you don’t have a super suit?”

As he asks this, the food gets called out- several trays lined with just… cooked patties. June gapes at the large order Finn placed once it reached the table, and looks at her own. “This is uh, just a light snack hehe.” She smiles awkwardly as Finn eats his patties.

The Atlantis Case Part 1 - Page 2 Saiko-intelli-boku-no-hero-academia
jimjim221
jimjim221

Quote : "No one can be defined as only one thing; there is more to a person than meets the eye; even if they themselves don't realize it. "

Warnings : 2 Warnings
Number of posts : 35
Location : Orlando, Florida; where dreams come to a grinding halt.
Job : professional bullshitter
Humor : I live as a supporting character in a world of protagonists. Well, I'm actually the twist villian, but thats in the final story arc... pay no attention to me :D
Registration date : 2017-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 24th 2023, 8:09 pm

SOME CHIT CHAT

The motley crew sit down and the night crew begin their most grueling order ever. Half an hour went by fairly quickly as the newly forged team chit chat, Simmon leading the conversation to get an idea of the team’s capabilities.

The still unnamed Caretaker was first to answer. “I am a humble custodian of the Institute, good sir. That said, I served time in her majesty’s royal marines, and I can handle most vehicles. Also, we should be expecting our contact soon.” He glanced down at the abomination of his order that arrived first, peering at the square fish patty and the thin, wilted fries. “…I wasn’t aware fish came in squares. And what a terrible excuse for … French… fries.” The old man excused himself to have a word with the kitchen crew for fresh French fries.

June was crushing her quadruple quarter pounders like only a large hungry person could, and was already lapping up ice cream when Simmon wanted to ask practical questions. June didn’t want to ride on her rep all the time, so summed it up succinctly. “I track down and fight giant monsters with my bare hands, be it in the air, land or water, any time of day or night.” She wouldn’t elaborate further, as was she was not in the habit of telling anyone, even newfound allies, the extent of her capabilities. “…Course, I turn into a giant monster myself if things get rough enough.”

ENTER THE DABBLER…?

Somewhere during the team’s conversation, A colorful character entered the drab McDonald’s. She was certainly out of place, with both her steampunk scientist-engineer get up, and her Willy Wonka-esque wonder at the shrine to capitalism fast food establishment. The heterochromic blonde woman, Wide eyed and grinning, she approached strangers to ask what they were dining on in a very european or germanic accent. “oohh! Vat are you eating? I have never seen comestibles of such make before!”

The stoners looked her and answered her question. “Uhhh… hamburgers?”

“Ham… burgers!” She repeated earnestly, then proceeded to the cashier to inquire to the availability of the food. To her disappointment, Finn had already emptied their inventory.

“Vat? No more berr-gerrrs? I thought that was what defined this establishment! Shame! Shame!” she said, making a commotion.

June was first to respond, recognizing, or mistakenly recognizing, the character. Excusing herself, she approached the scientist-engineer-eccentric. “Ehem. You there. You’re that anarchist witch Dabbler, aren’t you? You’re wanted for several … a lot… way too many super crimes. You’ve got nerve to walk around in public.”

The lady turned around, and looked at the tall June not with fear but more giddy excitement. “You are mistaken. I am no Dabbler. I am a techno-arcanist. Doctor Samantha Pratt-Vahlen.” The lady explained, and any who’d be familiar would without a doubt, identify this woman as Dabbler in yet another poorly put together disguise.

“Regardless, by the authority of the Metahuman Regulation Agency, I’m going to bring you in-” Dragon Girl found herself grabbing the scientist by the shoulder but a luminous portal suddenly materialized before she could react, sending her to the dumpster outside. The display of power most certainly unnerved the late night customers and crew.

“Zat was very rude! Do zey not teach manners in zis dimension? Now I vant. My. Food.” She asked, eyeing the now empty cashier.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose January 24th 2023, 10:15 pm

Jeannie munched on her food listening to the others talk.   She gets excited when June mentions fighting giant monsters.

Really! like those, Japanese movies where the monsters smush up the town, and everyone is so scared the voices don't match their lips?  She plays with a little toy she got in one of her happy meals making it knock over french fry buildings.

ghr monster smash! you can turn into a monster? Show me pretty please that sounds super cool. Can you reach me to turn into one maybe a giant kitty unicorn?  With rainbow laser eyes pew pew.

Before the dragon lady could answer an oddly familiar lady popped up.  Jeannie curiously watches as June went to talk to the funny lady trying to think of where she might have seen her before.

Dabbler? no Jeannie thinks June is mistaken dabbler is a witch and this person is clearly a mad scientist. Before Jeannie can tell her there is a poof and the dragon lady was gone Jeannie heard a bang like something bumping the metal dumpster outside.

She claps her hands amused. yay magic! I love magic. you'll have to bring her back though We kinda need her for our mission.

Huh, dabbler poofs things too, Jeannie decides to get a closer look.  she pops up beside Doctor Samantha and smells her.

Huh, are you dabblers sister maybe? You smell kinda like her.  and look like her. but you sound different, I don't think dabbler was from Dracula land but you sound like that.

Jeannie scratches her head confused. Or are you a different earth dabbler from Dracula earth?  Huh, the last time I saw dabbler was on monster island.

Jeannie looks annoyed those meanies Lexy and dabbler left me there I had to pay a giant turtle in coconuts to get a ride home.  

Jeannie paces around thinking. Oh, you are dabbler but got hit on the head with a coconut and think you are a german science lady! Huh so do you remember me?  Jeannie, we fought a bunch of giant bugs together, or I and your sister did  If you are not dabbler, iN that case, nice to meet you.

She looks over at the very confused cashier who was left speechless by the two strange woman's rabbling. Hey while you're getting her that can I get one of those little apple pie things, huh maybe a couple of all that thinking made me hungry again.

She then turns to Doctor Samantha getting an idea are you the person grandpa butler guy said we had to meet? where'd he go?

She looks back to the table where Finn and Simmon were and saw just them. Hey, have you guys seen grandpa? I think I found the friend we were supposed to find and want to check with him.

She takes dabblers hand and leads her over to meet them. Ok, Dracula dabbler this is Finn and Simmons, Finn is an Ogre like Shrek I think he's big and smash stuff. and simmon's like a robot I think cause his super smarty pants.

Huh, wonder if we should check out that sound was kinda big, could just be a really big raccoon or a bear may be looking for food, I like bears they are fluffy. oh yeah, I forgot to answer your question Simmons about our powers. she pushes down her glasses so he can see her eyes are more catlike than human. huh let's see how daddy explains it,  I'm chimera so I can do stuff like animals do like my senses are really good, and I heal quicker than normal I might just be immortal, cause I haven't got older since my powers started working and I've survived all kinds of wacky stuff that'd probably kill most people. I can run really fast and talk to animals.

oh I got photographic reflexes too daddy says it lets me learn stuff super easy, like this

she tosses an empty cup up into the air and perfectly copies one of June's martial arts kicks she saw her use fighting the shadows hitting the cup into the trash can.  neat huh instant kung fu! hey now that I think about it, mister Finn might you be a chimera too? you seem kinda like me.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Number of posts : 2488
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by elephantlord January 31st 2023, 10:12 pm

Before he began to eat the pile of reheated animal protein in front of him, Finn folded his hands and bent his head in quiet prayer. Only after a moment of that, he began to mechanically place patty after patty into his mouth in the most efficient manner possible. Finn did not eat with relish. Indeed, it was perhaps the first time his friendly smile had disappeared from his face. What replaced it was an expression of intense focus, as if he was trying to drill a hole in the table with his gaze alone. Only when he had stuffed a good three dozen of the meat disks down his maw did he finally begin to speak.

"I'm not much for the rough stuff like Ms. June. I don't like to fight, usually. I do search and rescue mostly. I'm not particularly fast or agile, but I can be fairly deft with heavy objects. I also have some super-senses I've developed beyond that."  Finn took a paper napkin and wiped some of the grease and dried blood from his lips. "But..." he said with a sigh, "I can heal rapidly from traumatic injury. I am highly resistant to poisons, toxins, radiation, and most environmental factors. And I'm fairly strong."  A twinkle came to his eyes, "I'm a deft hand at moving couches."

"As for the suit..." Finn shrugged, "I work for free.  Any money I'm given I use for food and travel, the rest I give away. I've sworn... Well, that doesn't matter. I try to live as modestly as possible.  I'm no one special."

By the time Finn had polished off the majority of his 'meal', a dose of full crazy decided to walk into the restaurant.  Despite his claims to be no one special, he had no shortage of experience with life. He noted the smell of exotic plastics and ozone that clung to the woman. Recognizing her at once from various media outlets, Finn made no sudden movements. He was about to counsel the others to do the same when June acted.

Finn paid the situation the tribute of a deep and passionate sigh. He drummed his claw-tipped fingers on the surface of the table a few times, deciding how to handle this. The sudden reek of spoiled food and other, less savory scents assaulted Finn's nose, keying Finnegan in on just where June was sent to. "Miss, that was my friend you just banished to dumpster X or whatever. I'd be obliged to you if you'd kindly return her to us. We'll make sure that she keeps her manners."
elephantlord
elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Job : Pharmacy stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top