The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Seraph I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
The Seraph I_vote_lcapThe Seraph I_voting_barThe Seraph I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Seraph

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Seraph Empty The Seraph

Post by Zodiac March 10th 2015, 1:12 am

The Seraph
"You're right. I am a nobody. But it's because I'm a nobody that makes me so able. Because I'm a nobody I can be anybody, I can be anything or anyone. And who I am tomorrow may not matter, and day in through day out I can continue to be just another nobody. Because I'm a nobody I'm going to put you in jail, and tomorrow when they ask you who put you in here you can only say "A nobody" because tomorrow that's all I'll be. But tonight...I'm your reckoning."

Basic Biography

Pseudonym: T.P.G
Hero Name: The Seraph
Villain Name: The Black Knight
Title: The Dread Father, The First Lord, The First of the Dead.
Alignment: Lawful Good/Chaotic Evil
Occupation(s): Member of Seraphim, School student / Homicidal maniac
Race: Metahuman
Hair:  Medium Brown
Eyes: hazel / otherworldly yellow
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 138 lbs.
Blood type: AB+

The Looks

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Seraph:
Black Knight:
Sephiroth:

The Legacy

Personality:
   Austyn is a driven and determined person, although he is known for his good nature and his great personality.

The Black Knight has no personality. His favorite pass-time is murdering children.

History:
  Austyn Abernathy was born. Stuff happened and then more stuff happened and then there was an actual explanation. So here we go...

Austyn was born with a little brother named Issac and he lived with his mom and dad in the city of Seattle. Austyn and his brother Issac grew up in a pretty nice environment it was safe and secure in comparison to some of the other areas of the world. They didn't want for anything really, except for their busy parents to take some time from their jobs to actually be with them for a bit. Of course no job was "perfect" and neither was every life. Dad had a bit of a drinking problem but he wasn't a dick when he was under the influence. Actually he was pretty cool Austyn can remember times when his Dad had been drunk and he tried to teach Austyn to drive. That's when he learned that you weren't supposed to flip off the cops when you tapped on your window. So yeah their dad was in it for child endangerment, but to be honest their dad was actually pretty cool, even for a drunk.  Their mother was the hard working Queen Bee whom hated doctors and wanted nothing less than Austyn to become a nuclear engineer and for Issac to be go into electrical engineering so that they could both come together at the ages of 28 and 26 so that they could merge their talents to invest and create something that would usher in a cleaner and safer era for humanity. That was all well and good...but Austyn was 6 and he was pretty sure he wanted to be a cop. Issac was 4 and he was pretty sure that he wanted to grow up to be a dog.

Growing up wasn't overly difficult for Austyn, puberty was a bitch. So was his girlfriend at the time but ultimately nothing really stands out. Oh except for the homicidal maniac that attacked him and his little brother when he was thirteen. That happened and it was a very traumatic event for him. Going into a little more detail it's important to know that his dad, the drunk, was also an investigator. Thus how he managed to get himself out of the child endangerment charges. The other cop was a buddy, digressing back to the traumatic stuff...

Austyn's dad was good at what he did. He could pin the best of the best, he could find ANYONE when they slipped up, and he somehow always knew when they did. It was almost superhuman how good he was at his job, and honestly even after he had undergone tests that proved he had no metagene people still thought he was a supernatural element in the crime-fighting force. So as you can imagine someone like that was bound to make enemies. And he made an enemy of the wrong fella. This fella was known by no other name than "The Undertaker". This man was crazy, he was insane and deranged beyond all hope. He was a man who slipped up and got caught. "The Undertaker" was found in New Hampshire and was sent to prison by one Tristan Abernathy where he was charged with several cases of first, and second degree murders of children. He would rot the rest of his days as he awaited the electric chair. Unfortunately that was not the entire case. The Undertake made it out, as the cunning and devious plot-driven villain he is. He broke free by using his hidden talent of swallowing swords to kill an inmate in the showers, remove their femur and then slowly chisel it down to a spike. Guards come in to take him to his death and he feigns throwing up as he pulls out the femur and stabs the one, grabbing the tazer and tazing the other. Moments later the roles are reversed and he's walking out of the prison in uniform headed to a cop car.

The Undertaker made his way to the Abernathy family house while the detective was away. The Undertaker murdered his wife in front of Austyn and Issac before literally tying up and dragging Austyn and Issac to a graveyard outside a rather isolated church. Of course Austyn didn't know where they were going. All he knew was that he and his brother were both stuffed inside large bags and driven off. By time Austyn saw anything again he was looking into the eyes of the well-hidden face of the undertaker. There were two small sections unearthed, each had a bag thrown in it. The undertaker then explained to Austyn what was going to happen, how he was going to bury both him and his little brother alive before leaving them there and leading the cops on a chase so that they were never found. Before doing so, however, the undertaker brandished a knife and stabbed the one bag, a crimson blood on the blade before letting it fall down and covering it up. The undertaker said he'd have no such mercy for Austyn, as one son needed to suffer. He then began to bury Austyn alive. Before long he couldn't move, and it was all cold and difficult to breathe. It was fortunate that the undertaker never finished the burial, as he ran off due to sirens.

Austyn was quickly unearthed and in tears because of what he endured that night. When the police unearthed the second burial area they found that there was truly just a ham-shank inside of a bag with a note attached to it. The dead grow cold with the symbol of the undertaker on it with the note signed. unfortunately the lead came to little too late and 5 hours later police were called into a slaughter house where Issac's body was found, frozen to death inside their meat freezer, that had a lowered temperature. Austyn has had a hatred of the cold ever since. For the past three years he's dedicated his own life to finding "The Undertaker" and has even gone to the extremes of taking on vigilantism to do so, joining a reputable group of heroes for hire and climbing the ranks.

The closest Austyn has ever come to catching "The Undertaker" was when he caught him inside the basement of a children's hospital with his own father laying tortured on a table and bleeding. The battle tore out to the surface where the undertaker found himself on top of a building, backing away as Seraph came closer. It came to the point where Seraph had the undertaker at his mercy. He chose to spare him, and bring him in to face judgement. The Undertaker, in response managed to deceive and disarm Austyn. Austyn found the script flipped and the undertaker was running hard. He made his way into a and began to drive off, while Austyn was left in anger. His mind lashed out and his emotions owned him for a single moment, and in that moment he seemed to somehow pierce a tire, blowing it. The car came to a skidding halt on a rail-road track. Almost as if this serial killer (who was somehow smart enough to evade cops for years but somehow not smart enough to get out of the car.) persisted on trying to move the car even as he saw the train coming. The train smashed into the car, almost totaling it. The car was dragged a good long while, but by time Austyn got to the wreckage...the car was empty and the trail of blood was lost at a manhole not far away. Austyn returned to his father to have a last few moments with him before receiving words of encouragement and wisdom from a delirious dying man.

Knowing that the undertaker is still out there, Austyn remains vigilant against all crime in hopes of making the world a better place with a dark secret, a darker vendetta and the desire to avenge his family.

The Powers

Equilibrium:
Austyn, for some reason or other is bound to The Black Knight. As such, his powers heavily reflect what he is feeling at that moment in time. This causes his powers to have different effects depending upon his "persona".

Peacekeeper / Ruinmaker: An almost inhuman ability to fight and react. Able to preform parkour, impressive acrobatics and evasive maneuvers. Seraph has a specilization to evasion and self defense techniques, while The Black Knight specilizes in catching and ripping apart even the most skilled and quick opponents. In addition to skill, they both hold a certain level of inhuman strength, though The Seraph lacks anywhere near the same capacity.

Pathological Alteration:
Austyn has a very unique ability that lies dormant for the majority of the time he lives. This ability is an anomoly of astronomical proporitions and actually manages to draw quite a bit of attention after it's been used, even if he himself is unaware that he has this power. This power is a form of energy generation whereas Austyn's body acts as the conduit to funnel the energy forth and then his emotions are what direct and give the energy it's ability. However, as Austyn's body is the conduit, The Black Knight also has access to this energy. The Black Knight uses this energy with his own emotions to augment himself physically, making him faster, stronger and smarter than any mere human, and an incredible threat to a general populus of metahumans. Austyn's ability to use this however, is highly dependant upon his emotional state. The apperance of this power varies depending upon it's potency and it's intended effect. (*Elaborated upon in weaknesses*)

The Weaknesses

Force of Habit:  The Seraph himself is inherently good. The Black Knight kills children for a living. Controversial decisions can trigger a moment of sheer inability to do anything or it can trigger a sudden "shift" of personality, putting a homicidal maniac in place of the selfless hero. It can be quite inconvenient for his allies.

Ignorance is Bliss...but Bliss is not Ignorant: The Seraph is entirely, 100% Unaware of the fact he has another personality. The Black Knight is fully aware of The Seraph however and utilizes the Seraph's mind in order to draw memories and the like. That being said, Austyn will not remember anything The Black Knight has done while he was the "active" personality.

Innocence: The Black Knight looses all forms of personal superhuman advantage against children (Twelve and under) as well as people who are mentally deranged and disabled or more plainly put "those who have the mind of a child". Seraph would never hurt a child so the weakness isn't really applicable to him.

The eyes are the windows to the soul: Whenever The Black Knight has taken control over Austyn's body his eyes change in order to reveal a strange appearance. The whites of his eyes turn a grey silver the area just outside his iris has a strange black ring before a similar grey silver before reaching what appears to be a star-burst like effect of glowing yellow with mechanical like rings inside it. This makes it quite literally impossible to disguise when he is the dominant personality in effect.

Pathological Patterns: Austyn's "hidden power" within him is directed by his emotions. While he can do many things with the energy they will be "weaker" if used in a way that doesn't agree with his emotional state. For example shielding someone whle angry isn't going to work as well as shielding someone when he's concerned or scared.
Spoiler:
Were one to control or get into the mind of Seraph and alter his emotional state they could quite easily throw his powers through a loop, and change the tide of combat.

Equipment

Exoskeletal prototype: An exoskeleton set which provides protective armor and plating against human weaponry and can stand against some superhuman attacks. Unlike natural durability however, it can be worn by anyone of a similar size, and is able to be broken.

Styx, The Gentleman's companion
: A three piece set. The first being a the sword that this advancement take part of. It's a highly durable weapon that could survive incredible amounts of punishment. The second piece is a simple RP mechanic which is a cane, and the third part is an attachment on the exosuit prototype, which appears to be a type of shield mechanic. This multi weapon can mash together to become a large axe-like construct, which unfurls and collapses into a spear-like weapon. Adds a sword with gold trim and black on the interior, significant and beautiful silver swirls and elegant design on the interior. An ebony metallic cane with an ivory wolf head at the top of the handle. One of a kind and irreplaceable. With gems in the eyes. The spear appears to be that of gold, adorned with ebony markings and silver swirls. The tip of the spear is not solid but is rather two separate blades with a space between them.

Acheron, The Gentleman's Charm

Advancement description: A simplistic charm of a wolf's head crafted in a golden colored metal while holding a very, very unique wolf fang. similar to this picture. Larger though. Item abilities lie dormant until Advancement 5.

The Gentleman's Steed, Phlegethon
: a sleek, black old styled muscle car with a very distinguishable red hood ornament of a black wolf head with ruby eyes. A plated, incredibly durable car, reinforced to handle incredible feats of damage. In addition, the car is equipped with flame thrusters in the back. Complete rotational 360 degree tires with secondary tire support. The car has the ability to fire on water, leaving a fire which even water does not quench in it's wake.

RP Mechanics

Enigma: While he's unaware that he has a power at all, Austyn is a source for strange energy readings and while he does not constitute a metahuman, he is indeed a rather strange phenominon.

Seraphim: Austyn is a member of Serphim and holds one of the two highest rankings. He is "The Seraph" who answers to no one but co-ordinates things with another member who is deemed to be on his level.

Physical Priority

Seraph
1 : Reaction : 1
2 : Endurance: 2
3 : Strength : 3
4 : Agility : 4

Black Knight
1 : Endurance : 1
2 : Strength: 2
3 : Reaction : 3
4 : Agility : 4

Purchased with 300 XP from Zell

Last edited by The Seraph on November 2nd 2015, 1:45 am; edited 6 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Seraph Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 643
Job : Your salvation through destruction.
Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

The Seraph Empty Re: The Seraph

Post by Jordan Reynolds March 10th 2015, 2:04 am

Approved until stated otherwise
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac May 14th 2015, 1:13 am

Advancement added here

Clarified the physical difference between BK and Seraph as well by displaying it in the priorities.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Seraph Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds May 14th 2015, 1:14 am

Approved
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac June 7th 2015, 7:28 pm

Moved to modify the names of the powers.

The Seraph Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac June 7th 2015, 7:48 pm

Abilities were renamed to Quake of war and sound slash.

Picture in spoiler number two added.

The weakness of "The eyes are the window to the soul" was added because it was neglected to me stated in the original app.

Bliss is still not ignorant.

The Seraph Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus June 7th 2015, 8:05 pm

Reapproved

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds August 20th 2015, 3:18 am

Moved for edits
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity August 20th 2015, 3:31 am

Altered the blade Sephiroth to allow for a "Scepter" form. No actual changes other than aesthetics were made and the names of it's powers were altered.

Spoiler:

The Seraph Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds August 20th 2015, 4:00 am

Approved until stated otherwise
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds October 27th 2015, 10:26 pm

Moved for edits upon request
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds November 4th 2015, 11:21 pm

Reapproved
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity April 13th 2016, 10:05 pm

Moved to Modifications. May be trashed, may be re-worked and toned down.

Spoiler:

The Seraph Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top