The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_vote_lcapSuperhero RPG's News Widget! I_voting_barSuperhero RPG's News Widget! I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Superhero RPG's News Widget! I_vote_lcapSuperhero RPG's News Widget! I_voting_barSuperhero RPG's News Widget! I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Superhero RPG's News Widget!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Superhero RPG's News Widget! Empty Superhero RPG's News Widget!

Post by Chellizard September 19th 2013, 2:32 pm

Hello Superhero RPG!
Welcome to the Future.

Chellizard has a great idea!

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to know what's going on in the world of Superhero RPG without reading through massive amounts of threads, or arcs?

Well, fear no more! Superhero RPG will have a new News Widget that features events that have been going on around of the world.

How can you get your news featured so everyone knows what's happening?

It's easy!

• Link your topic.
  • Summarize the major events within the topic.
  • Pick a 'Headline.'
  • Determine whether it is Local News or Global News.
  • Local News (LN) are small events that happen in secluded places, but could potentially be found out about if enough views occur on the 'internet.' Yes, our world functions much like the real one.
  • Global News (GN) are the major events, or threads, etc, that are hard not to discuss/or miss.

How do I determine if my thread is considered Local or Global news?

That's also easy!

If the thread happened in an area where multiple news stations would be interested, the event is likely going to be global. If only one news station covered it, then it's local.

Local news is typically things that happen from one state to the next, or country/region.

Global news are events such as major quests, or devastating happenings in different parts of the world.

Not all news has to be bad news, either.

IE: Tyuki Gold (Whom some of you know) is the lead singer of Girl Alive! And, as such, is a famous pop singer. So, her reaching headlines globally would not be unheard of.

But, what if my news is not good or bad? And what if my news is not featured?

Your news can be neutral, and featured in a separate section, more than likely.

Staff will determine which events are OK to be featured, and then added to the widget by Chellizard (me). So, everyone should get a chance to be added to the widget. It all just depends.

So, reply to this thread with the things you need, and fill out this little thing:

Topic URL: You will link your thread here.
News Headline: Think of a catchy headline.
News Type: Local, Global, Unsure
Five sentence summary, or less: Please be sure to include ONLY the information you want characters to know IN CHARACTER.

Code:
[b]Topic URL:[/b]
[b]News Headline:[/b]
[b]News Type:[/b] Local, Global, Unsure
[b]Five sentence summary, or less:[/b]

Last edited by Chellizard on May 14th 2014, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Superhero RPG's News Widget! JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Superhero RPG's News Widget! Empty Re: Superhero RPG's News Widget!

Post by Forceaus September 19th 2013, 3:06 pm

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6557-the-destruction-of-kansas-city-open
News Headline: A massive and unknown creature appeared in Kansas City.
News Type: Global
Five sentence summary, or less: A strange beast or Kaiju was spotted in Kansas City. It was fought off by 3 metahumans. The creature was led out of the city resulting in minimal damage and disappeared shortly after. Information on the thing is limited. Investigation is underway.

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6669-welcome-to-the-abyss
News Headline: Otherwordly cloud appears above small Georgia town unleashing chaos upon it.
News Type: Unsure
Five sentence summary, or less: More to come later.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore September 19th 2013, 6:27 pm

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t5306p15-eagle-of-zeus
News Headline:Clement Technologies late CEO tried for crimes against...the World?
News Type: Global
Five sentence summary, or less: Doctor Ignatius Clement known as Doctor Cosmos or the World's Smartest man, was brought to trial by his old company Clement Technologies. Employing the help of young Defense Attorney turned Prosecutor Rey Miller, Clement Technologies brought the man to court for his crimes. Through a gruesome first day the case was called due to perjury and the Prosecuting team calling for a retrial. The Judge approved the retrial, and move of court but the date for this new trial has not yet been set. It is unknown if Clement Technologies will bring back 'undefeated' Rey Miller back as the forerunner for their Prosecution Team.

Cain Vulsore
Superhero RPG's News Widget! Pbucket
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Bitch, I am the Lord of Shadows."

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochstar September 20th 2013, 6:30 am

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6588-a-dip-in-the-ocean-sai-ocean-only
News Headline: Catastrophic Fireball
News Type: Unsure
Five sentence summary, or less: Massive damage has been done to a remote South American Forest after a reported ball of fire has consumed the entire valley. Metahuman involvement has not yet been confirmed although authorities have expressed concern over the proximity to the U.S.A.

Lochstar
Lochstar

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 27th 2013, 4:10 pm

Guess I'll list the topics that should be featured in Local News.

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6053-not-another-kidnapping-invite-only
News Headline: Girl Alive! held kidnap on stage during Chicago Show!
News Type: Local
Five sentence summary, or less: It seems that famous Japanese Pop Star,Tyuki Gold was held hostage today with the rest of her band mates from Girl Alive! They were finally hitting the states after their overseas four month tour. Band Manager, Bliss Fokukama was missing on the scene for most of the tragic event. A mysterious meta woman with plant controlling powers, and a masked african american male assault Miss Gold and her band, while also putting the entire stadium of guests in harms way. Ten lives have been lost, and many more have been injured. Stay tuned for more!

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t5428-heart-of-a-lion-and-the-wings-of-a-bat-because-its-midnite-chelle
News Headline: Moonlit Fighting at Midnight turns to Ballroom Dancing
Five sentence summary, or less: A mysterious man and woman are caught on camera, dueling with what appears to be a sword, and an umbrella. The two entities are flying during their fight, literally hundreds of feet in the air. They fearlessly jab and slash at each other. A striking man who conceals his identity behind a mask and very chic hat strikes the woman down. The woman lands, roughly, on top of a rooftop and completely smashes an AC Unit! Can you say 'damage costs?' The woman, wearing a very tattered ballroom styled gown rises from her embarrassing fall and goes in for round two! The fighting dissolves into, and you are gonna love this folks, actual dancing in mid-air.

-My DeviantArt-
Superhero RPG's News Widget! JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis November 6th 2013, 9:08 pm

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6943-blast-from-the-past-future-whatever-closed-to-force-and-chelle
News Headline: Crazy Fan Calls Tyuki Gold Mom
Five sentence summary, or less: Tyuki Gold was out with a mystery man in Chicago, Illinois. Shortly after our photographers showed we encounted some techicaly issues. However there are report a crazy fan ran up to the two and tackled them. The crazy fan referred to the two as "Mommy and Daddy."

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t7005-whispers-from-the-ether-zedekiah-and-milla
News Headline: String of Murders Leave Police Baffled.
Five sentence summary, or less: A recent string of murders are leaving police baffled. There seems to be no connection between the deaths but all the scenes have similar markings burnt into the surrounding area. More as this story progresses.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Narfadoodle November 6th 2013, 9:20 pm

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t7045-crouching-harpy-hidden-serpent
News Headline: Monster in NOLA
Five sentence summary, or less: A simple police chase has gone bad in the Big Easy. On the pursuit of a criminal known only as "The Harpy", the local authorites have stumbled into a potentially very dangerous situation. Reports are coming in of two metahumans wreaking havoc now, and an unknown hero has bravely stepped in to stop the chaos.
Narfadoodle
Narfadoodle

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga December 6th 2013, 9:34 pm

Topic URL: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6933-dragon-caught-in-the-rain
News Headline: Passenger Ship Sinks Near Macau
Five sentence summary, or less: A Passenger Ship en route to Macau was caught in a storm and sunk, forcing the passengers into the water. The highly dedicated Chinese Navy came to the rescue of the passengers, no fatalities reported. The Ship's Captain is lauded for his efforts which save hundreds of lives, while the shipping company's superiors are under investigation for allowing a ship to sail during a storm. Many passengers have been traumatized by the event, reporting sightings of dragons, sea monsters and devil fish. Psychologists in Macau are prepped for debriefing the passengers.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum