The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
SHRPG tvtropes page I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
SHRPG tvtropes page I_vote_lcapSHRPG tvtropes page I_voting_barSHRPG tvtropes page I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SHRPG tvtropes page I_vote_lcapSHRPG tvtropes page I_voting_barSHRPG tvtropes page I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

SHRPG tvtropes page

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SHRPG tvtropes page Empty SHRPG tvtropes page

Post by Forceaus June 10th 2013, 7:10 pm

This is the official discussion thread for our forum's page on tvtropes. You can post submissions for the page here. The following is what I have prepared so far.

Abandoned Warehouse: A common setting

Abnormal Ammo

Affably Evil: Doctor 0 embodies this trope

Amusement Park of Doom: The Shade base

Anachronism Stew

Arc Fatigue: The arcs tend to drag on longer than they should

Artifact of Doom

Authority Equals Asskicking: Leaders of groups tend to be the most powerful member as well

Ax Crazy: Pretty much every Chaotic Evil villain

Badass: Elaine and Gwharr are this to memetic levels.

Badass Boast

Badass Normal

Bank Robbery: These are attempted often. It is a superhero setting after all

Beware the Superman: A major plot point.

Big Applesauce: Was the primary place for events. Until it was destroyed.

Big Bad Ensemble: Various villains compete over who's the real major threat.

Big Screwed-Up Family: The O'day/Vanko family definitely qualifies.

Blood Knight

Born-Again Immortality: Elena Marie stays a threat to the world with this.

The Cape: No actual examples due to the overall atmosphere.

Cape Busters: Dominus

Card-Carrying Villain: The Phantom considers himself the ultimate thief, Gentleman always tries to be fancy.

Character Alignment: All the alignments are represented. They're used to classify characters into either the hero, villain or renegade groups.

Chess Motifs: Thrones uses this for ranks

Civvie Spandex: A common costume choice. Used often for the Secret Identity Change Trick.

Clone Degeneration: Part of Doctor Necrodium's army featured clones of some characters that weren't as powerful as the originals.

Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Every group has its own color

Competitive Balance: The stat system for characters generates this

The Cowl: A more common option for the superheroes.

Curb-Stomp Battle: Any fight between characters with vastly different levels of experience can result in this.

Deconstruction: Of the superhero genre to some extent.

Differently Powered Individual: The term 'metahuman' is used as a general term. Further classifications are used for the various origins of powers.

Fantasy Kitchen Sink: Superheroes, magic, monsters, other dimensions, myths and legends being real.

From Nobody to Nightmare: Doctor Necrodium was this.

Freak Lab Accident: Of course.

Five-Bad Band: Shade

Big Bad: Elena Marie

The Dragon: Cain

The Evil Genius: Doctor Xelek, Van Helcraft

The Brute: Coronel, Madman

The Dark Chick: Daji

Five-Man Band:
Knightwatch fits as one of these

The Leader: Ranger

The Lancer: Nathaniel X. DiMartino

The Smart Guy: Forcewave(Despite not having the highest INT score fits as this)

The Big Guy: Campeon

The Heart: Maelstrom

The Chick: Droplet

The Team Pet: Shadow Wolf(Not actually this, but his teammates consider him one)

Glass Cannon: A commonly used archtype. Illya Vanko may be the primary example.

Good Thing You Can Heal: What regeneration is for. Especially at higher levels.

Heel/Face Revolving Door: Many a renegades are known for this due to their neutrality in the battle of good vs evil

Hero with Bad Publicity: Pretty much all superheroes are currently going through this.

Thou Shalt Not Kill: A mandate for some heroes

Heros First Rescue: Most new hero characters start with this

Joker Immunity: Some villains just won't die no matter what anyone does to them

Legion of Doom: Shade

Lightning Bruiser: Physical based characters tend to fall into this category often thanks to possessing high strength, speed and toughness at the cost of other things.

Loads and loads of characters: Every member can start off with up to 3 characters and get more later on. Not to mention all the various NPCs.

Marked Change: Sean Collin has recently undergone something like this

Mad Scientist: Elena Vexus, Doctor 0, Doctor Xelek.

Mighty Glacier/Stone Wall: Gwharr is this between his high strength, durability and ability to
regenerate. On the downside he's very slow.

Mooks: NPCs and Minions often fall under this.

Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: Doctor Necrodium

Mutant Draft Board: Dominus

Not Quite Flight: Pseudo flight. Which costs less points than the actual version.

Person of Mass Destruction: Characters can be built to become one of these.

Point Build System: Part of how characters are made.

Power Creep, Power Seep: Goes with the competitive balance

Required Secondary Powers

Resurrective Immortality: Archer Roland is this trope. Good thing for him too. He dies a lot.

Samaritan Syndrome: Some heroes suffer from this.

Semantic Superpower

Single Power Superheroes

Shooting Superman: Characters with high enough Durability are immune to bullets and most forms of damage. Doesn't always stop people from trying.

Sliding Scale of Anti-Heroes

Sliding Scale of Anti-Villains

Sliding Scale of Idealism vs Cynicism

Spirit World

Squishy Wizard: Magic based characters usually fall under here.

Stock Superpowers

Super Empowering

Superheroes Stay Single

Superheroes Wear Capes/Superheroes Wear Tights: Surprisingly averted. Not many actually do.

Superhero Packing Heat

Super Hero Origin

Superhero Sobriquets: Players can choose their own for their characters.

Super Human Trafficking

Superpower Lottery: Averted. Due to the nature of the stat system no character can win this. Super Registration Act: Part of what Dominus is doing for the Purge arc.

Swiss Army Superpower

The Ageless

Traumatic Superpower Awakening

Troperiffic: Too many to name have been used at least once.

Twenty Minutes into the Future: The setting is currently in 2029

Villain Team Up: This is essentially what Shade is doing. Other examples exist as well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

SHRPG tvtropes page Empty Re: SHRPG tvtropes page

Post by Chellizard June 10th 2013, 7:43 pm

Spirit World - The Soul Stream

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
SHRPG tvtropes page JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by keblinky June 10th 2013, 10:27 pm

The Fair Folk- I believe that Lillia, Illya, Riverdance, and all other Fae speak for this one Razz
Satan- Chelle has a dad, doesn't she?
Noble Demon- Not LITERALLY, but there are quite a few bads on this site who, while having nefarious goals, attain their goals with a slight degree of human dignity and courtesy left in tact. Undercover douches.
keblinky
keblinky
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "quantity has a quality all its own"

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2012-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Wonton June 11th 2013, 4:36 am

BAM

Mama Bear - Bears usually won't attack humans — but get between a mother bear and her cub, and she'll tear straight through you. Apparently, the same rule applies to human parents. Threaten their children, and you are in for a world of hurt. Never harm someone's loved one — whatever the goal, it's not worth the consequences.

SHRPG example: Skyler Snowden

Break the cutie - A character who is wholesomely sweet and lovable, They make you adore them, root for them and love them. Then the writers proceed to slowly torment them in front of your very eyes. They destroy everything important to them, kill everyone they love and make them suffer from horrible accidents, diseases and acts of violence, including but not limited to torture, rape or any other Fate Worse Than Death. They beat the character with one cruel stroke of fate after another until they are just an Empty Shell of their former cheerful, carefree self. But alas,sometimes come out stronger on the other side...even if it may cost them their sanity.

SHRPG example: Lilia Ivanov

Evil Matriarch - she is truly evil in a traditional sense, and is one of the worst villains one can face, especially if one of the Heroes or Love Interests is one of her children. Many such Evil Matriarchs are completely convinced that they, and only they, know what's best for their children, and can be very controlling, manipulative, and perfectly willing to do anything they deem necessary for their children's sake, no matter how evil or destructive it may be. The most vicious examples of this variety of Evil Matriarch despise their children and are often physically or emotionally abusive towards them, and many of them are not above torturing their offspring.

SHRPG example: More than likely Elena Marie and Illya Vanko

Daji / Daji's weapons

Human Form
Spoiler:
Mr Wonton
Mr Wonton

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top