The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:21 am by Cobalt

» Jessica Albert
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Jean Mormount I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Jean Mormount

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jean Mormount Empty Jean Mormount

Post by keblinky May 27th 2013, 1:03 pm

Jehan Mormount
"Wine is akin to bottled poetry."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Chevalier
Title: Chevalier –defunct-
Alignment: Lawful Neutral- Hero
Race: Human – Ritualistically Empowered – French
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green – Yellow (when in combat)
Height: 5 foot 11
Weight: 147 lbs
Blood type: B-

The Looks

The Legacy

Personality:
Jean is a man for whom the words "balance" and "order" are the epitome of perfection. He greatly values laws and order in life, but not for the greater good, rather to keep the peace in this world. He has known what pure chaos is like, and so strives to keep some semblance of order in place. This has led to the point where Jean no longer sees the underlying reason of why some may commit crime, say, to care for their family, he simply steps in, stops their crime, and leaves a starving family behind. His fanaticism isn’t exactly religious, but many have called it dangerous.

When it comes to his worldview, Jean has an idea of a perfect society, one where order and logic rule, and one that must be implemented. He embraces the modern, although with caution in each meeting. His perception of people is a bit skewed, due to his old age. He isn’t exactly a chauvinist, but sees most women as damsels in distress and "fair ladies" rather than confident, able individuals.

When it comes to social interaction, Jean is the epitome of etiquette and polite mannerisms, being raised by French noblemen gives him some advantages in that field. He treats everyone with a polite air of respect, being kind to most he meets, although he is capable of hatred.

Jean is a man who loves order, wine, and a good swordfight now and then. He has personal flaws in how archaic his worldview is, and how rigidly he views the line between right and wrong. All in all, he is at peace with himself, and has a very serene demeanor. Jean also suffers from the occasional need for blood, although this can be sated with animal blood rather than human blood.

History:
Jehan Mormount was born in The Kingdom of France, in the year of 1511, to French nobility, raised in a time of splendor and plenty. As time wore on and his brothers and sisters were married off to nobility, the Lord and Lady Mormount became worried that their child would amount to nothing. Jehan was interested in fighting crime, keeping the people safe, and sword fighting, certainly gentlemanly qualities, but ones most unsuited to noble stock.

As the years wore on, it became apparent that it would be more beneficial to allow him knighthood rather than to force him into marriage, and so, Jehan's official training began, when he was around sixteen. The young boy excelled in sword fighting, shield work, and etiquette, his training was going nicely.

Once he finished his training, now aged eighteen, Jehan was given leave to travel the lands of France and protect its citizens. He took to fighting bandits most of his life, occasionally participating in war when duty called him, although the most momentous occasion of his life would not come in winning honor, but rather, losing it.

Jehan had reached the ripe old age of thirty-four, or at least, ripe back then, when he heard tell of a cult comprised of Magi, who had been terrorizing the local people around Versailles. They had some ancient dwelling, some small castle, all to themselves; there were only four of them. They had no names, being so old that names lost their meaning eons ago.

Jehan went to their castle, fought through hordes of demonic minions, only to face the Magi. The Magi held great power over the workings of magic and natural law, and so easily smote the knight. Yet, they didn't kill him. His bravery in facing them was "rewarded" with a ritual. They took his burned and scarred carcass, broken by their fell magic, and laid him out in a pentacle. They also brought forth three other beings, a vampire, and two demons. The vampire had been trapped, and the demons were summoned.

The ritual involved transmutation of the creatures, collapsing them into a fluid resembling blood, and then mixing the fluid together to form a glowing red substance. After this was done, the flesh of the creatures was ground into a fine powder. Jehan was first cut, his skin parted to both sides, then had the powder sprinkled on the raw layers of flesh underneath the outer layer. Then, the syringes came out. Into each major vein went an infusion of blood, and this blood met the powder. His flesh burned off, his organs failed, and then, right before death would strike, life sparked. Everything re-grew and reformed, but this time it was better. His muscles were stronger; his skin was tough as diamond, even tougher some would say, his brain functioning faster, everything was better. The only negative side effect was of course, immense physical and psychological trauma, and a slight hunger for blood. This hunger could, however, be sated by the blood of animals.

Immediately after the ritual, Jehan was insane, insane, dangerous, and with a fresh lust for chaos and death, with the urge to kill anything in sight. The Magi knew that this would have happened, and had put a clause in the ritual that gifted him this strength- he could never harm them. They saw his rage and lust for chaos, and so let him lose upon the village he had been protecting just days ago.

Fire, death, decay, blood, chaos. The village had been leveled; Jehan had finally gotten rid of the chaotic swirling inside of himself. Sadly enough, this also led to clarity of mind. He was shocked at how much death he had caused, and collapsed in on himself with depression. He sat huddled in the village, on a pile of corpses, crying to himself.

After a few days had passed, the Magi came for him. With a simple spell, he was theirs. Sworn to their service, and forever in their debt. Given magical artifacts so he could better protect them, Jehan entered into a life of servitude.

In this new life, Jehan served faithfully, albeit with a lack of zeal. He protected the Magi from passing adventurers, gathered whatever they needed for their fell rituals, and stayed with them, even when time went by, forcing them to disguise their castle as a crumbling ruin.

It was then, after hundreds of years, in the 1800s, that Jehan, now called Jean, would finally be free. A man came through the countryside, a man who positively radiated with pure and holy energy, one whose strength far surpassed that of the Magi. He came to their castle, and presented himself. He had no name, but was merely known as God's Servant. Jean took up his blade, and struck at the man, who turned him aside with nary but a whisper. Jean was crushed beneath falling boulders, and watched as the man destroyed the Magi. When the least of the Magi died, Jean felt a sense of relief. He no longer served them. With a quick explanation, and many words of thanks, Jean left God's Servant, and decided to travel.

In this new age, Jean found himself adventuring far and wide, all across Europe, taking some forays into Asia and Africa, and where he found chaos and evil, he would smite it down. He would let no one experience the pain he did, it would have been far too cruel.

The years went by, and the world changed, though Jean stayed the same. In the modern age, he found himself settling down, living in Paris, having found a job as a lawyer, his centuries of life had allowed him to study law quite thoroughly, and a few new credentials were easily obtained. Now, in the year of 2030, he lives as a Parisian lawyer, and when the need is apparent, a hero. He has taken the name Chevalier as his crime fighting identity, and to those well versed in ancient occult history, he is known as The Heretical Knight, The Slave of the Magi, and The Escaped Knight.

The Powers

Power 1:
Occult Knowledge
Power 2:
Superhuman Durability- Toughness to the extreme. He also has an extreme tolerance for pain.
Power 3:
Superhuman Reflexes
Power 4:
Superhuman Strength

Grid
Intelligence: 0
Occult: 7
Strength: 6
Speed: 3
Durability: 8
Ability: 0
Fighting Skills: 6
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1

keblinky
keblinky
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "quantity has a quality all its own"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2012-05-05

Back to top Go down

Jean Mormount Empty Re: Jean Mormount

Post by Forceaus May 27th 2013, 6:29 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top