The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Fresh Off the Boat I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Fresh Off the Boat I_vote_lcapFresh Off the Boat I_voting_barFresh Off the Boat I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Fresh Off the Boat I_vote_lcapFresh Off the Boat I_voting_barFresh Off the Boat I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Fresh Off the Boat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fresh Off the Boat Empty Fresh Off the Boat

Post by July Davis August 19th 2012, 4:04 pm

Bright lights. That was all that appeared to July for the few hours he had been in America. It seemed so hostile. No matter where he looked, there were no signs of serenity. Everything was a battleground. Fireworks, flashing lights, and screaming flooded the air. Everywhere he walked, people shoved him and spoke rude things to him. July had no business being in this new world. All he could think of was how much he wanted his master to come up and tap him on the shoulder and say it was time to leave. Please... I just don't want to be here... Nothing here seemed to make sense. People were enjoying themselves everywhere he looked. How could they enjoy being in this battlefield of a city? What comfort did these bright lights and loud noises bring them? Never once did July enjoy being in the midst of combat. That sensation of being in war came rushing back to him, and his instincts were starting to take over. Kill everyone until you can escape... No, that would go against his new code. These people were defenseless, and he would not use his strength against them.

Suddenly, July found what he needed. There was darkness, and there was seclusion. That was exactly what he needed. July walked deliberately to his destination, not wanting anyone to notice the safety and take it for themselves. He began pushing back when he was being shoved, but then restrained himself. These were not his enemies. They were harmless and defenseless humans, even if they were intimidating. Although he knew it was his job to protect them, he was now trying to escape them. 

The small, dark, and secluded lane of safety was comforting, and July basked in it. He sat against a wall to try and keep away from all the bright lights of the battleground. It wasn't until 3 men armed with what he knew to be handguns that he realized the dark and secluded area wasn't as safe as he thought it was. He stood up to greet them. "Hello, friends. I apologize if I intrude. I was seeking shelter from the battleground." These were ordinary people, and he did not want to have hostile engagements within his first few hours of being in this new country his master called 'America'. "What a weird fuck! " July did not understand what the insult meant, and ignored it. One of the men stepped forward with his gun drawn and aimed at July. "There is a fee for this shelter! We'll take all your money." The other two gave a small chuckle, but July did not understand what was funny. July suddenly felt the urge to send his shin through the face of the man holding the gun, but suppressed it. "I do not recommend pointing that firearm at me..."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
July Davis
July Davis

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-08-18

Back to top Go down

Fresh Off the Boat Empty Re: Fresh Off the Boat

Post by Kumagawa August 19th 2012, 5:23 pm

Los Angeles, California the home of scum and is filled with crime. A young one could be born one day then killed the next. There are many stories of pain and suffering in this city and none are more painful then the last. Some call this city the Tar pit. Many go into the scum but few get out. None of them come out unscathed.

In the poorer part of LA music could be heard blasting from one shabby hotel. The parking lot of the motel was full except for one spot which was filled by a blue Churchill. A young black girl gets out of the car with a plastic bag in her hands. She slowly walks up the stairs hearing the music get louder and louder as she got closer to her room. She slowly inserted her key into the single lock on the door.

As the door began to open a wave of heat and smoke rushed out the door. The young girl looked through the smoke and let the full sound of the music enter her ears. She dropped her bag which was filled with groceries. Her jaw dropped and her eyes went wide. To her what she was watching was horrifying.

There in the room she saw her brother with his shirt tied around his head swinging his pants in the air while dancing with three girls at the same time and there was a random hobo doing the cabage patch. After 15 minutes of dancing James looked up at his sister dropped his pants which were in his hands and said.
"Ummmmm I can explain."
Unfortunately he was drowned out by the sound of the music which was going. "BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY ROCKIN' EVERYWHERE"

James hoped his sister would stopped the music when she walked in but unfortunately since he seemed to be "preoccupied" she went to her room after placing the food on the counter. After another 20 minutes James sent all of the guest away and began to cook her favorite food Fried Chicken. Once it was done he knocked on her door. But since she didn't answer he put the plate on the floor and went to his room to watch the fireworks.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2012-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus August 19th 2012, 7:48 pm

The city of Los Angeles, California was very active tonight.John didn't know whether this was because of some special event occuring or that this was just a normal occurence for this place.He had never been here before so he honestly had no idea whatsoever.He was wondering if this would be a cause of hindrance or not for what he was going to be doing in this city.It wasn't like he was just here for fun.No he was in this city on very important business.

A drug trafficking gang had been detected here.He knew this due to extensive research into trying to find them.Due to all the reports of members having been spotted performing some of their activities in this very city he had come here in pursuit.The reason he was so determined to take these guys down was due to the fact that they were a highly potential threat to himself and some of his allies.Their work had gained them some dangerous and resourceful allies due to their expenditures and they were growing more dangerous with each transaction.It was time to try and take them down.This was a good of a chance as any.So he was going to take it.

Heading out now into the city he was simply trying to weave through the various crowds in search of a path to use to get to his destination.This entire city was just flooding with people.His best bet was to avoid the main streets and focus along side roads.Though it was easier getting through using this route it was actually making the journey longer.After a while he had finally made it to the area of the docks.It was here that their base was believed to be.Reports suggested this as most likely to be true so he was investigating for himself.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by July Davis August 20th 2012, 2:10 pm

The air was filled with laughter. July was starting to get annoyed with these people. They obviously did not know he was one of the chosen protectors. "So here is what is going to happen." The overconfident thug was trying to bully his way around because he had a gun. He wasn't allowed to be part of the big deal that was going down tonight, but at least he could get in a couple muggings. Now there was this weird Asian guy telling him not to point his gun where he pleased? He had to show his boys that nobody could tell him what to do. "You're going to start grov- "
"Shut up." The thug was taken back. Nobody had ever disrespected him like that, especially not when he was waving a gun at them. "You crazy, ese? You trying to get killed?" The arrogance that surrounded this man confused July. Why was he so confident that July was trying to be killed? A simple firearm was a toy to July. 

"Aye yo, Carlos, blast that fool!"
"Shut up, ese! So, what's it going to be, Ching Chang Chong?" July didn't understand what a Ching Chang Chong was, but he didn't like how it sounded. "I think this is where I beat you unconscious, right?" The thug was half hoping it would come to this. He wanted to show off how hard he was to his boys. He smiled as he fired his gun twice at the Asian man. 

July was insulted. To think this man would use something so simple as a firearm to try and kill him. July solidified the air in front of the bullets, slowing it down to the point where they fell harmlessly to the ground. "It is my turn I believe. July kicked at the air, sending a razor wind scythe at the men, then redirected it to cut the gun in half. Without even realizing, half of the man's gun was on the ground. He tried to fire more bullets, but nothing happened. "Hey, he's one of them freaks!"

July Davis
July Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa August 20th 2012, 4:37 pm

James was currently watching the explosions in the sky until he heard an different kind of explosion. To James it sounded like the explosion that comes from a bullet leaving the barrel. James quickly ran to his closet and there was a black suit. James pulled the suit out of the closet and placed it on his bed. Before putting his clothes on he used his phone to text his sister that he was going out.

Now in his black power ranger like suit James climbed to the roof of the building. He then began to jump building to building trying to get to where he heard the gun shot came from. As James ran and jumped from building his stature changed. He started out on two legs then he tripped and fell. Using his arms he began to run in a crawling position until he got to a building that showed a man fighting three enemies.

James stood over the fighting and wondered what was going to happen. James didn't see any fallen bodies or hurt civilians and since he heard someone say "He's one of them freaks," he didn't want to interrupt whatever was going to happen. James decided that if the superhuman was going to go to far then James would step in.

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus August 20th 2012, 6:00 pm

Down by the docks of Los Angeles, Forcewave was sneaking around trying to find the exact building that was being used as the base.He wasn't sure which building was the one that he was looking for and was generally looking for any sign that would distinguish it from the others that were in the area.As far as he could tell there was nothing that marked out any of the buildings from any of the others.This would mean having to sneak into each of them in order to find out which was the one that he was looking for."At least there's only few." he was thinking though it wasn't completely true.There were about a dozen or so actual buildings that he needed to check.No telling how many he would have to do so before finally finding the right one.

Just as he was attemping to get a window open so he could enter through it he heard a distinctly familiar noise in the distance.Something he immediately recognized as a gunshot."Oh what now?" was the first thing that went through his mind.Next came a wave of thoughts that were trying to figure out whether or not he should investigate or continue on with the task he was currently performing.On one hand it was clearly a gun being fired and somebody might just be in trouble for all he knew.On the other hand this task was rather important and stopping now could easily result in a complete failure.

Eventually he came to a decision.For whatever reason he simply couldn't not investigate the sound of that gunshot.So he rushed over in the direction that it had come from and was now searching for whatever could be the source or something that had resulted from it.Like perhaps a dead or dying person lying on the street somewhere.After some searching around he heard some commotion and went to go check it out.Some people looked to be fighting each other in some back alleyway.He quickly took cover and edged along the buildings.As he quietly drew closer he heard one of them say that another of them was one of them freaks.Forcewave wondered what he mean't by that but already had a good idea of what it did.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by July Davis August 20th 2012, 7:45 pm

July knew what the word freak meant, and it was also one of his least favorites. The other two drew their guns to try and take July down. Why did they continue to insult a man of his power like this? July manipulated the air surrounding the two bullets on the ground, picking them up and sending them back at high speed. July sent them down the barrels of the two guns they drew, and in the dark they hardly noticed until their guns wouldn't fire. "It's not working! Muh shit ain't firin'!" July was amused with their outbursts. "So you are powerless without your toys?" July wanted so bad to beat these men down with his own fist. He started walking down the alley towards them, and the three froze in fear. "Go get him! Cut his ass, ese!"

The two whose guns jammed dropped their guns and pulled out some small knives. "I'm sorry, but to you isn't a knife a step down from a gun? What makes you think that will do anything to me?" The two thugs looked at each other, knowing it was true. Still, they pressed towards July. "As you wish..." The first came from July's right, swinging wide with his left arm, knife in hand.  Before the arm could reach July, he hit three separate pressure points with his fingers. The man's arm went limp and he dropped the knife. "What the fuck did you do to me?!" He went for a straight punch to July's face with his right arm now, the other thug watching from behind. July took a deep breath as the man attacked, and grabbed his fist with his left hand, pulling him with the momentum. As soon as the man stopped and started pulling back, July blew the large amount of air from his mouth to the thug's chest, sending him backwards a good twenty feet. July was showing a large amount of restraint on these men, not wanting to take any life. The thug hit the ground and the wind was instantly knocked out of him. He slid for a few more feet until he stopped and lay on his back. He wasn't down for good, but he was smart enough to not get back up. The next man with a knife came slowly for July, and July obnoxiously started breathing in, hoping the man would get the clue. He did.

The second thug dropped his knife and started running down a side path, not wanting to be apprehended by either July or what seemed to be the leader. "Hey get back here homes! You can't leave me like this!" The leader looked at July and started to plead with him. "Hey man it wasn't personal or anything like that, you feel me? I can get you money, women, anything you want, ese!" July hated it when people started to beg. He didn't even plan on harming him in the first place, but now he was having second thoughts. July lifted the man using the air around him, then brought him over to him. "No! No! No! Someone help me, please!" July didn't understand this hypocrite. First he preyed on people who walked down this alley, then he expected help. He decided to scare the man, to try and intimidate him from his evil ways. "Justice is upon you, criminal. Pray to your god for a safe journey to the next life... This made the thug hysterical. A crazed Asian man with powers was about to kill him. He hadn't even lived his life at all yet. He started praying to god to let him live and he would become a new man in his head and closed his eyes, mouthing the word 'please' over and over.

July Davis
July Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa August 21st 2012, 7:06 am

James took a deep breath. He could smell one thing, Fear. The smell of fear permeated through the alley. James saw that the "Justice is upon you, criminal. Pray to your god for a safe journey to the next life..." comment made the thug 'fear' all over himself. James was perfetly fine watching the asian man curb stomp the thug but then James got an idea.

James jumped down from the building and beside the asain man and the thug. Since James couldn't think of a catchephrase he came down silently. Raising his hand at the asian man James said three words in a dark raspy voice to hide his actual voice.
"Let him go."
James had a feeling that the small time thug was working for somebody big. Now that James was closer to the thug he smelled somethig else. The thug smelled like he'd been handling drugs recently. Under the mask James smiled and gave a small chuckle at his correct guess. Though since the Asian man had brought down two and scared the thrid shitless with no problem James believed that it was going to be hard to get the guy to let this thug go... for now.

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus August 23rd 2012, 3:48 pm

Forcewave was viewing the scene from a position where he was completely hidden from those participating in the incident that was occuring but not really from anybody else around, though as far as he could tell there was nobody else but those on hand at this event.In what would highly resemble a simple mugging from where he was standing it was far different.It was the potential muggers that were the ones in fear.For some reason that wasn't aware of yet they were quite scared of the person that were attempting to steal from.Though he had a good idea as to why he decided to get a little bit closer in order to figure out the situation.

Edging closer ever so slighly he then saw somebody just take off and run away from that alleyway.Looks like he didn't want to be a part of it anymore.Now at the edge of the building he peeked into the alleyway to see who was in there and was they might have been doing.Looking in on the scene he saw two guys standing there and one mugger down on the ground only semi-conscious while another mugger was just pleading to be spared.

Forcewave was somewhat confused by this because the snatches of conversation he had heard while approaching this spot suggested that there was only one person that they had been trying to mug.Was there two all along and only one was dangerous to them or did one of them just arrive during the encounter?He'll have to put that thought on hold for now.At this very moment in time he needed to figure out what to do.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by July Davis August 24th 2012, 8:00 pm

July was shocked as another was now in the alley. This newcomer was demanding him to let go of what July figured to be his friend. He thought it was humorous, as he wasn't even holding on to him. The laugh that escaped him was genuine, laughing for the first time in a long time. However, he wasn't about to let this man go without being sure that he would turn away from his evil habits. "Some people believe that common thugs might not deserve the same punishment as evil metahumans. I however, believe both to be unworthy of their power. You try to use your weapons for power, intimidating others to bend to your will. I believe you are deserving of a 'taste of your own medicine'" 

July concentrated with his mind on forming a gun out of solidified air. It was a bit difficult for him, but the process only took about two seconds. He held it in his hand and admired its form. Something like this created out of something as uncontrollable as the air. July aimed it at the thug's face, not particularly enjoying his intimidation process. "Say goodbye." The thug started screaming, hoping for this new person to save his life, which seemed to be dangling over a den of lion's in the hands of this man, somehow. July pulled the trigger. 

The thug closed his eyes as he expected a bullet or something fatal to come out of the gun, but was surprised to feel a small gust of wind instead. "Yo, am I... Dead?" He was afraid to open his eyes and find out. July let the air around him dissipate and continue to roam free, dropping the man. "No, you fool. Now leave and don't let me catch you in the act of mugging again." The thug was thankful for having his life spared, and ran off, serious about the pact he made with god. July turned his attention towards the newcomer, believing him to be another villain. "Now, do you need judgment to fall upon you as well?"

July Davis
July Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa August 24th 2012, 8:57 pm

Beast watched as the thug ran away. The smell of the thug was still in his nose so it wouldn't be hard to track him down.
"Judgement? no I wouldn't. thanks to you letting him go I can catch a big fish instead of a small time criminal."
The beast said while crossing his arms tilting his head slightly to the side.
"Luckily people like him never learn. He most likely will try mugging again to feed his addiction.... to stomp out a problem you must first go to it's source"
The beast looked around himself and looked behind himself. He could smell someone hiding but since they didn't seem to be a threat he decided to turn his head back to the asian man.

"I don't think the same way you do. I don't believe in the 'taste of your own medicine' because once you take a dip into the pool of darkness you may never resurface."
The beast mentally patted himself on the back for this quote he just made it up on the spot and it sounded really good and deep.

"I only saved him stomp out the problem. So if you want to tag along then so be it. Or you could go home and do whatever a wind manipulating metahumans do."

The beast turned away from the man and climbed up one of the buildings with ease. He then ran toward the smell of the thug. Hopefully the thug would lead the beast to the den. If not he could always go look for an actual drug dealer. The beast then turned his head back to see if he was being followed or if he was going to fly solo.

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus August 25th 2012, 5:56 pm

Leaning up against the side of one the buildings that made the very alleyway where the trouble was occuring that he was looking on upon, Forcewave was watching intently waiting to see if he would have to act.The two people that were not the would be muggers were having a discussion while the attackers were at their mercy.Their discussion about determining right from wrong and what best to do with the last remaining mugger was interesting enough as is but the thing that caught his attention was one of them saying they should attack the problem at its source.He wondered if the guy was just saying that or if it was an actual suggestion and what the source could be.If it was somehow linked to what he was investigating then he would have to participate in on whatever they do even if it mean't going with them.

Forcewave was considering his options when he noticed that one of them looked ready to kill the mugger.This was something he did not want happening.Just as he was about to intervene however he saw that it was only a mere bluff to intimidate the man.He instead simply told the mugger to run away.Which he did, not even noticing him as he ran right by him.Forcewave watched as he ran off wondering if he should follow him or not.The guy wasn't heading in the direction of the docks thereby giving no indication that he was associated with the people that he was in this city to find in the first place.Besides mugging wasn't an activity those people would likely do anyways.Instead he just stood there and continued to listen in on the conversation that was occuring even as it ended.Once it did he turned away from that alleyway feeling it now to have been a pointless interruption and headed back to where he was before ever hearing that one gun being fired off.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top