The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Heroic Spirit- An Original Superhero RP!
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:32 pm by Guest

» Cleave the Night (Anastasia/Nikolai)
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:35 pm by Lilbunnyblu

» Samuel Grayson
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:32 am by inquisitor

» Justice in London
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2022, 9:13 pm by Dikaios

» Cosmic Creations
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2022, 5:59 pm by Demonhunter

» At the Mountains
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2022, 1:19 am by Nate6595

» Down Time
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2022, 12:48 am by Nate6595

» What Happens in Vegas...
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2022, 4:21 pm by Nate6595

» Harbor thief hijinks
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2022, 2:58 pm by Nate6595

» A Cult Following
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2022, 2:31 pm by Nate6595

» Pieces in Play
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2022, 1:56 pm by Nate6595

» Vox
A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2022, 2:52 am by FantasyBound

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2022 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea) Empty A Fresh Start (Closed, Thane/Andrea)

Post by Descendants September 21st 2022, 12:04 pm

The searing sun beat down on the blacktop of the college campus, the meager shade provided by the trees lining the sidewalk doing little to block out the heat. The smell of hot asphalt, street vendors, and academia did little to improve the atmosphere, leading to quite a few grumpy co-eds on this, the first day back from summer break. A momentous day, for some more than others, made even more so by the Fresh Feast, a brilliantly named party for those joining this year at UCLA. The brain-child of the self-proclaimed “King” of the school, Thanatos Cirillo, it was advertised as a barbeque/social event meant to integrate freshman into the college environment (bankrolled by the Cirillo family, of course).

Of course, like everything he does, Thane had an ulterior motive; several, in this case.

First, it was the perfect time to introduce some of the younger girls, those who grew up in sheltered environments, about the … shadier aspects of college life. After all, it wasn’t all meet-cutes and Starbucks, physics lectures and cheerleading tryouts. This was the real world, two syllables a lot of young adults simply weren’t prepared to embrace. While all genders absolutely can be slapped in the face by reality, it tended to affect young woman at a disproportionate rate. And so Thane took it upon himself to educate them to the best of his knowledge. Of course, this being a man who views every interaction as a chess game, it’s never so simple as a lecture.

It’s a wonder what you can get a man to do with the promise of money.

Second, and tertiarily, it was the perfect time to do the inverse as well; that is, sniff out those agents of life that insisted on acting as the teaching tool. Some he orchestrated to expel; other’s he hired. Even other’s disappeared without a trace. Oddly enough, these were the ones with clean records, but a past that suggested shady records. Almost all had family in law enforcement and pending court cases for sexual allegations. When questioned, of course, Thane had nothing to do with it … that they could prove.

Quarternarily, it was absolutely a dominance play. Imagine, if you will; first day in a new town, scared, excited, but in that jittery way where your confidence is outweighed by your nervousness. Then in comes a dashing young man, offering food, guidance, support in these first long, frightening steps into adulthood (it doesn’t hurt that he’s intelligent and quite good-looking to boot.) This imaginary stranger serves good food, is humorous, a great conversationalist, and makes you feel comfortable and secure in your new home. You would, of course, feel incredibly endeared to this handsome stranger and be much more willing to do a favor, should he ask for it.

Or give your number, should this hypothetical stranger ask for it.

Needless to say, it was quite a popular concept for all students and, since faculty are invited, staff as well. The way it was arranged, new students would come in for orientation, have a couple hours to orient themselves, then come to what was likely to be the greatest party of the year. Despite the lack of alcohol (which was a total lie, just carefully disguised as such things are) even the real party animals of the school attended. It was almost a social faux paus not to go and liable to get a reputation for being high and mighty.

And here lies the secret fifth motive of this little party.

See, Thane liked a challenge, and what is more challenging than a self-titled “outsider” who, for some reason or another, would not go to a big, fun, but relatively safe and inviting party when no other responsibilities exist to complicate matters? Such a person likely would have walls like Troy and verbal artillery that would make Sparta jealous … which is exactly what Thane was hoping for. It is no fun fishing for the digits of a happy-go-lucky party girl. The one he really wanted was someone who thought parties was a huge waste of time and wouldn’t go regardless.

As students began to file into the courtyard, the sun beating down on them, his plan began to take perfect shape.
Descendants
Descendants

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2018-03-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top