The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
The Dragon Returns  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Dragon Returns  I_vote_lcapThe Dragon Returns  I_voting_barThe Dragon Returns  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Dragon Returns

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Dragon Returns  Empty The Dragon Returns

Post by The Nekromonga September 2nd 2013, 11:12 pm

America has been tough but fair for the immigrant in the last few months, especially with her benefactor having gone missing. Xiaolongnu had the fortune of being fast-tracked into citizenship, but she was now alone. She had certainly learned to reinvent herself to blend in, no longer speaking in that halting English she did, and found herself a new, steadier job that catered to her green thumb- as an employee of a flowershop and cafe in the Chicago Suburbs, with its own hydroponic garden on the roof of an old warehouse, owned by a local botanist and his wife, who runs the cafe.

On most days, amid the clamour of city life, Xiao found herself much more suited to the company of the plants she tends, though given the nature of the shop, it wasn’t long before she found herself once again serving coffee and smiles to shop goers. Being one of the few employees capable of waking up early, she placed fresh flowers on the tables and cleaned up. She opened the shop and welcomed customers, serving sandwiches and coffee.

It was a peaceful life and a quiet one- but some days the dragons blood within her craved something, something that frightened the pacifist girl. She focused instead on her upcoming birthday... it’ll be a quiet affair, just the store owners and a few customers she’s befriended so far in the neighborhood, and her fellows from community college...

The door rings, and more customers come in. “Welcome to the Flower Cafe. She greeted the new customers once again, seating the urban artist type woman, quietly smiling at Xiao as she removed her headphones and took a seat, ordering a latte and a croissant.

===

((Words: 289))

Last edited by Nekromonga on September 5th 2013, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Returns  Empty Re: The Dragon Returns

Post by Zell September 3rd 2013, 11:11 pm

Chicago, The windy city. More like the trashy city, I hate this place! The wind is chapping my skin, the only damn water around is the occasional park fountain, but there is no beach, there’s nothing here for me. Well, I suppose that’s not entirely true. There is always the fact I’m chasing down a faint Dragon essence. If I recall correctly, there was an issue with a Dragon in Los Angeles not long ago, and now that I’ve made Los Angeles my home, I feel it only fair to give this Dragon the same courtesy I would have before my Throne was usurped by the Titan. The Dragon whelp will have a chance to explain itself, and if it should fail to provide reasonable cause then it will suffer the consequences.

I managed to follow the trace of the essence this far, and somehow it still eludes me, and in all honest…it sucks. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been around this stupid beach deprived city, and how annoying it is that people keep looking at me funny because of the eye patch. People sicken me sometimes. I love the mortals, which is the only reason I’ve allowed their continued existence, however…they can be such a bother. The current whining I have to listen to is an older man telling his daughter that she needs to get a job. I can’t stress enough how irritating it was. I smiled a little, then quickly hid it as I formulated the perfect plan. I leaned over and looked at the girl, she couldn’t have been twenty four yet, but she was definitely out of high school.She noticed me and smile da little with a curious look on her face.

”You should be a stipper…good money, under the table so they won’t tax you…AND you get tyo live up to the cliché that every hot American college girl becomes a stripper to pay for schooling…except when you say it,  it will be true.” I said. The older man was repulsed. The girl just thought it was a joke, and it was confirmed when I chuckled while looking at the dad’s face. I sat back and he pulled his daughter off at the next stop, he was glaring at me the entire time. I was finally alone…until this really fat guy sat down and pulled out a damn sub from his backpack. The next stop was a blessing however, the Dragon’s energy was strong, and I could tell this was the closest I’d ever been. The man literally NOMMED the ub down in like two bites. I’m a Dragon and I’m repulsed. Eeegh. I looked to the fat man and cleared my Throat. He looked at me like he was in some way superior to me. ”Hey, look. I get that you’re Fatso and Stinky, but you should really find a way to stretch this distance between us and clear that look off your face before I turn you’re dumbass into Capser.” I leered. The man just scooted away, allowing me to no longer fear being lost in the fat-rolls.

I got off the bus and saw a quaint little café not to far away, on top if a warehouse. I could use some coffee…and maybe some good conversation from the Dragon I think is inside. I walked in and the clerk welcomed me. I waved to thank he rand looked around, trying to find the Dragon. Hopefully it wouldn’t be dumb enough to run away from Yam, the Dragon King.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Dragon Returns  Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga September 3rd 2013, 11:57 pm

Xiao finished serving another cup then headed over to the entrance, wiping on her apron. She walked around tables and welcomed the newest customer with a smile, wearing the formal waitress uniform- white long sleeves and slacks, something much more comfortable than that fake quipao back in LA.  Tall as she was she was always easy on the eyes and stood out, being an unusually tall asian girl.  

"Welcome to the Flower Cafe. Table for one or...?" she said, before her expression turned sour. She caught Yam's scent- something powerful and unusual about him, that deeply troubled the young dragon. She had an instinctual danger sense like many animals who encountered more powerful members of their kin... was this man a dragon?

She stood there dumbfounded and slightly pale, finding herself staring at Yam.

((words: 135))
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell September 4th 2013, 11:55 pm

I smiled, it was probably a really weird smile. It was along the lines of a  smile. I probably looked like a rapist. I chuckled a little, the strange smile turning into a normal one. I rubbed the back of may head, knowing I had found the thing I was looking for. A Tall Asian woman…perhaps the only thing rarer than a part-time dragon! I couldn’t help but smile, the look on her face was priceless. I walked up to her and rubbed the bridge of my nose, a nervous habit I developed.

I approached the woman, she seemed to notice me and she welcomed me, asking me if it was a table for one or, well I assumed her to say two next. What a perfect way to break the ice in a stressful situation. With my totally normal not creepy smile I crossed my arms and smiled, trying to be as kind as possible.

”Yeah, a table for two…if you’ve got the time.” I said to her with a nice and calming voice.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga September 5th 2013, 4:15 am

Xiao takes a deep breath and composes herself... It was another one of those unusual sorts of people. The mysterious, dangerous and demanding sort, who seem to be capable of homing in on her dragon heritage as though it was some kind of large glowing sign that broadcasted what she was.

One of the waitresses, a blonde teenager named Rosie by her name tag, teases Xiao as she passes by. “Another talent scout, eh Xiao? Told you, You should bank on your looks, not your green thumb. You’d make alot more money.”

Xiao simply returned the smile. “Very funny Rosie. Please get the order on table 8, the double mocha.” She handed her co-worker the tray and apron.

Xiao led her newest guest to a remote table in the corner. She eyed him up for awhile before speaking. She was blunt and direct with her inquiries. “...I can sense you are the same as me but... older. What do you want with me? Are you here to take me away? I don’t want trouble, I only want help. If you’re not here for that then please just go...”

She leaned in closer to speak in emphasis to Yam. “Please, if you know about me, then you’d know I have a problem... controlling it. And I’ve not had that many good experiences with people who think they can just tell me what to do.” She said, then crossing her arms. Since arriving in LA some months ago, Xiao has come to be slightly more assertive with her life.

=====

((Words: 263))

Last edited by Nekromonga on September 7th 2013, 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell September 6th 2013, 11:16 pm

"Actually we're opposites...you're a part-time dragon, I'm an Arch Dragon. You are a mortal that turns into a dragon. I'm a dragon who has chosen to be mortal for the time being.
       "Uh...I was just here to ask you if you knew how to control that THING...but it's pretty obvious that you're about as clueless as every other whelp. No insult ther emind you...the fact that I'm even bothering to talk to a part-time dragon is pretty much proof that I have some faith in what you can do." I said with a bit of a snap to my voice, it was obvious I was pretty irritated. I opened the one eye I had left, exposed anyways, and sent a chilling glare at her. Unlike her, I had no 'Inner Dragon' only killer instincts that I need repress. So long story short, I need to keep myself passive as normal, and hopefully this whelp will catch on.
      "And Also..when an Arch Dragon is willing to even speak with a part-time dragon such as yourself it's an immense honor. If I wanted you dead, I'd have killed you by now and you wouldn't have had a second to think of it. Couple that with the fact that I'm not your run of the mill Arch Dragon, then you've found yourself in quite a situation." I sneered to her, with a sigh I took a sip of the drink that was presented to me, then I began rubbing my temples. "I'm sorry for my impatience...I recently met another part-time dragon...one like you. He was a good kid and that Dragon inside him ended up getting him killed...I wanna make sure that doesnt happen to any of my people." I sighed, exasperated by the thoughts of the other whelps death. A single tear of blood rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away and growled.
      "I love my people, but I also love the mortals. I can't have one of my kind endangering them. I want to teach you what I can about controling yourself so that I don't need to lose another of my people to the mortals and I dont need to lose mortals to my subordinates..." I sighed.
      "...Well now that it's pretty damn clear that I'm trying to help you, how about I get your name?"
I asked her with a cheerful smile on my face

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga September 7th 2013, 12:44 am

Part time dragon? That was a new slang for Xiao. It was technically right.

“Part time dragon... huh... that’s one way to describe me.” she muttered to herself. She didn't fully understand her draconic heritage- she had only the slightest hints of dragon in her human form, and turned into a full dragon, unlike her cruel half siblings, who were the ugliest creatures she'd ever seen- mishappen hybrids of human and reptile.

She every so slightly curled her lip at being called a whelp. She couldn’t help it if she was young! She was taken aback though when he glared at her- there was no mistaking the evil eyes of ancient creatures... she had to control herself from jumping out of her seat.

As the man talked on, it was clear to Xiao he had a great big ego to match, and like most youngsters, even one as respectful to elders as the Chinese Xiaolongnu, couldn’t help but feel annoyed at how important Yam saw himself. Then he shifted to talking about another part-timer... and Xiao became slightly more amicable in listening.

“Another half... part time dragon? Where did you meet him?” She asked, before he finally got to his point. Yes, it seemed he wasn’t here with hostile intentions.

“Hmmm... very well then. My name is Xiaolongnu, though most refer to me as Xiao...” mandarin for small, an ironic name for the tall girl. “And how might I address you, oh great one?” She asked, hopefully it came off more respectful rather than sarcastic.

Right then, Xiao stopped speaking when the waitress Rosie passed by, waving at and smiling at Xiao... the half-dragon could only smirk slightly and return the wave, before looking at Yam again.

===

((Words: 295))

The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell September 8th 2013, 11:43 pm

”Don’t look so hurt, whelp is actually a term of endearment. Humans don’t like it, but when a Dragon calls its child a whelp it means that the Dragon has great potential and is already worth being called something other than a child or a nester.” I said with a smile, trying to keep her from being too upset with me. She became very interested when I mentioned Drake. I froze up, began to shiver a little before steadying my hands and taking a sip. ”Well, his name was Drake. We met in New Zealand. He was full of himself…a little like me…well…a lot like me…except I actually have the power to back it up. I slaughtered him pretty much. Beat him to the point of submission. Offered to help him control the Dragon inside him…then the idiot….He ran off and got himself killed…He decided that the Dragon inside was the only guidance he needed I guess…” I sighed and set the drink back down.

”Well…honestly… I’m not sure how a part-time Dragon would Address the Dragon King...” I said, suddenly frozen, trying to think of the odd situation that was created. I ended up looking to her and giving a warm smile and chuckle. ”By the way, My name is Yam. Humans call me Jake. I’m an Arch Dragon, and I’m also the King of Dragons. I don’t start out with that because I hate groveling. I’m all for respect, and as you’ve probably guessed I’m all for being confident in yourself. But I don’t take well to suck ups….Which I don’t take you for, so that’s good.” I laughed a little and began looking around, seeing if there was anyone nearby that would take to this conversation. I didn’t see any…but Baal Hadad’s agents were everywhere.

”I have to ask you this before we go any farther…Why do you want to control your Dragon? What is the reason. I won’t judge you for whatever the reason is...but I need to know…and If I’m going to help you…I deserve to know.” I said calmly as I leaned back, throwing my arm out along the back of the booth and giving a small interested smile.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga September 9th 2013, 5:58 am

“Very well, I understand... Yam-sifu.” She said, polite enough to call him teacher for now, thinking it most appropriate. She also paused when he did, taking a sip of cold water. She also paused to avoid letting the other waitresses listen in.

Xiao curled her lip slightly at being asked for the reason why she wanted to control her dragon form. Words couldn’t do justice to the terrible guilt she felt when she knew the aftermath- and though metahuman rampages were terrifyingly not so uncommon, Xiao felt horrible knowing she was one of those dangerous types.

She took out her iPhone, tapped on it a few times to access the video files, and slid the device to Yam. There he would view the LA monster attack in HD, whereupon Xiao entered the scene and fought it as a dragon... and triumphed, plain for all to see in the searchlights that illuminated that fateful evening. However, the battle was far from over as the LAPD had an angry dragon on their hands. Unable to appreciate that it had saved them, they opened fire, and dragon Xiao went ballistic, hurling cars about, severely injuring several officers and causing mayhem supervillains would be proud of. The video ended when the dragon fled into the dust and rubble.

“I... can this side of me be controlled? I do not want to be a monster! Dragons are supposed to be guardians and protectors to the Chinese... all I did was make the attack worse.” Xiao asked with a bit of urgency.

=====

((words: 258))

The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 1st 2013, 12:24 am

"Yeah...I like it better when my kin protect the humans." I said with a smile. I looked out the window of the little shop before leaning back and sighing. I looked over at the little oriental girl and nodded. She reminded me of that Death-dragon guy from OCEAN...Shi. Yeah that was his name…Shi…because I called him He-Shi and he got all huffy.

”Hell kid, controlling it is easy.” I said to her. She was probably a little disheartened. But it was the truth. The trick isn’t is controlling the Dragon. ”It’s making sure that control doesn’t go to YOUR head that’s the hard part.”[/color I wanred her. I finished my hot beverage and let out an energetic shake of the head. Caffiner wires me really bad.[color]

”You want to learn how to control your dragon…you listen to me. If you want to learn how to handle the power…you come fight me.” I told her. This was an interesting proposition to be sure. She could hear my advice and it would be the end of it…or she could try and become stronger by facing me. It’s not every daty the Dragon King bothered with a part-tinme Dragon…now let’s she how she reacts in a situation like this.

[/color]

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga October 1st 2013, 7:37 am

"Go to my... head?" She wondered, picking up on the meaning a bit slowly. "I just... I don't exactly want to turn into a dragon every time I get angry, you know... I... don't fit in alot of places. I just wish I could at least be aware when I'm one."

"Whaaa?!" Xiao's jaw dropped in shock, disappointment and a little fear. "I... I can't do that!" she said, followed by a short whine, her face showing her feelings of hopelessness. She looked at Yam again.

"...I um... isn't there any other way?" She asked.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 1st 2013, 8:30 pm

"That depends. Wantcha to think about this for a second, okay? When are you most likely to be angry? Answer, When your in a stressful situation. By fighting you're putting yourself in a stressful situation. By fighting me you're actually ensuring the safety of those around you, because as a Dragon I know how to stop dragons...and I'm strong enough to take the abuse. I know it sucks..and I wish there were another way too...but you can't dominate your inner dragon by locking it up and keeping it inside. There is no quick fix to this...no matter what you choose to do is up to you. Just know that anytime you need me, I'm here kid." I said with a smile. It was true. There was no magic potion, there was no little item for enchantment that could help her. This was something every Dragon did...and as a half dragon she was no exception. She would need to do this, but it was up to her to make the first step. I can guide her...help her...direct her and train her...but I CANNOT do it for her.

I decided to go and rest at the park for a little bit. Lounging by the freakishly large water fountain in the center. I was hoping the girl would take me up on my offer to help her. But if she didn't then that was her choice. A Part-time Dragon without training was an invitation for trouble. The nature of humans it to learn, to grow and to be curious...to be passionate and allow their emotions to sway them. Unfortunately...humans also, by nature, desired power. Dragons by nature had power, but lacked control. This made a dangerous combination, one that was to be feared if it was not controlled with unparalleled mastery. I can't help but hope that she shows up...because if she doesn't that means the next tine I See her...she will likely be a dragon...and she will likely die.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga October 1st 2013, 8:42 pm

Xiao thought long and hard in her seat about what Yam said, everything he proposed made perfect sense. Indeed, if there really was no other way, she would have to take this leap of faith outside her comfort zone. Better than be hunted down and killed some day.

She followed Yam to the park, her attention momentarily diverted by the fountain. She always loved the water, and spent a significant amount of time at the beaches by Lake Michigan... and swimming in the Lake itself, feeling at home among the aquatic life as much as she did on land with humans.

She approached Yam. "Okay... I know where we can do it safely. There are a few uninhabited islands in the middle of Lake Michigan. we can practice at night. Is that alright with you?"

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 4th 2013, 1:41 am

"No...broad daylight...where everyonbe can see us...-Kidding! Don't freak out I swear I'm kiddin! I promise haha" I laughed. I sounded so seriuous at first she probably believed me. I gave her a sweet and innocent little smile. Poor girl probably think's I'm all twisterd up inside. "Yeah, the lake sounds perfect, just meet me out there tonight and be ready for a fight." I said to her, I gave her a thumbs up and stood up, walking away, leaving twenty dollers to pay for the drinks. I hope that covers it because it's all I had at the moment. I won't lie, I'm anxious, I'm ready for this. It'll be my first fight since...I lost that certain thing...

I went to the lake right away, and I sat in the dead center of the islands...or at least the one I assumed ot be the dead center. I counted three fish, six slugs, sixt three birds and thirty humans on boats from the course of the day. I was so ready for this. I need to teach others to enjoy the gift that I took for granted. I was born and raised a Dragon, I was a Dragon in the beginning...and now..I'm trapped in THIS body. I'd kill to be able to transform...even if it was just to go back into the ocean. I couldn't do that to Salone though. Suddenly I began thinking of humanity, and everything that they stood for. They were an impressive bunch...for short lived passion-crazed idiots. Somehow my thoughs drifted to Dr.Seuse, for some odd reason. I began thiunking of funny changews to his story. For example I made"The Cat in the Hat" into the "The Rat with a bat" and I imagined a Rat trying to hit the cat with a baseball bat. Then it came to the book "one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" into "Red fish, Blue Fish, Gold fish, Irish". Then I remembered "I am Lorax"....I had always wondered how I would have dine things if I had been him..."I am Lorax and I speak for the Strippers!"....yeah it's probably not in my best interest going into childrens books. Hopefully Xi would get here soon...the sun was beginning to set.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga October 4th 2013, 9:41 am

Swimming, especially night swimming, had a calming effect on Xiao, as she swam around fishes and underneath large boats with a graceful ease. She always found it so strange that she was both a swimming and a flying dragon. Before, she used to surface frequently to get her bearings, which meant startling the odd hobby fisherman, or an unfriendly bump from a passing jet-ski, but now she could easily find her way with real time GPS on her phone, coupled with a diving case for it.

She wondered how she’d transform... the mere thought of having to change giving her a sinking feeling in her gut. She ignored the small school of fish swimming beneath her as she dreaded the logical route of getting herself hurt, or making herself think of bad things- especially fighting Yam! That part was so contrary to Chinese teachings, which included always respecting one’s elders.

She looked at her phone and reached the shores of the island, clad only in her one piece dark swimsuit – a special cloth that Ellie gave her, as part of her experiments with nanotech- while carrying a waterproof bag, one of the many things she’d since gotten herself. She exited the water fairly easily, dripping wet but the water quickly leaving her non-absorbent skin and hair. Her natural dark vision confirmed Yam’s presence, and she waves at him. Now mostly damp, she puts her phone into the bag and placed that on a rock. She packed a towel and patted herself dry, then put on the towel around her waist, as it was only polite to present oneself respectably and modestly to one’s elders.  

She clasped her hands and bowed deeply to Yam once more, displaying a courtesy very lacking in western youth. She spoke softly as well, “I have arrived, shifu. I am eager to learn, though not so eager to engage in a fight.” Very buddhist, and very confucian. Xiao awaited his response.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top