The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A cold winter's evening I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
A cold winter's evening I_vote_lcapA cold winter's evening I_voting_barA cold winter's evening I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
A cold winter's evening I_vote_lcapA cold winter's evening I_voting_barA cold winter's evening I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A cold winter's evening

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A cold winter's evening Empty A cold winter's evening

Post by Váli December 20th 2012, 5:13 pm

It was a cold winter’s day. A thick layer of snow was covering the streets, cars, trees and houses. A slight breeze from the south was carrying the salty taste of the sea with it into Váli’s mouth and nostrils. Espoo was beautiful at night, street lights reflecting from the snowy surface, making it necessary to narrow your eyes to see, even at night.
A bar is where Váli was heading too, the Finnish had a great custom to survive the winter with ease; Vodka.
A trail of condensed breath followed him everywhere he went. It was already past 22:00, he needed to get inside soon. Winter can be quite ruthless at times.
He needed a new contract soon, money was running low. Times are tough to survive these days, especially since the utter destruction of New York City. The economy has been getting quite some hits these years and to top it all off, its winter already, can’t really work that much outside.
He walked to a bar named “Humalassa Jättiläinen”. As he entered he thought to himself about the possibility of who would be inside, maybe an old friend, cell-mate, who knows.
Alas, he was disappointed. Not a single familiar face. He nodded respectfully to the barman who eyed him as he walked him, and received a nod in return.
No need to take off my coat, people walking in and out a lot, door will let the cold in. Váli thought to himself as he sat down on a stool at the bar.
“What can I get ya’?” The barman asked Váli, not moving from his spot.
Oh, a foreigner, no Finish? What a pity. Don’t understand why he would move this way.
“Ah yes, would you kindly give me a glass of your finest Vodka?” Váli asked, his left elbow leaning on the bar while his hand was politely adding impact to his words.
“Coming right up.” The barman answered, turning around picking a glass bottle from a shelf.
A glass was placed on the bar in front of Váli, and the alcohol was poured generously into it. When it was nearly full the barman stopped, retreated his arm, closed the bottle again, and placed it back at its original spot.
That bottle will be finished tonight. A lot of people have got to stay warm. Váli pondered in his mind, and after thanking the barman for the drink, turned around facing the crowd in the bar.
Sipping on his spirit, Váli eyed the people in the bar, well the ones that caught his attention. The rest would come later.
“Hey son!” Váli heard the barman shout from behind him.
He turned around to see if the barman was talking to him, but before he could fully turn the barman continued: “If you’re gonna get sick do it outside buddy! Don’t mess up my floor!”
Understandable. Seems like a dock worker though. Cut the guy some slack, he’s working long shifts every day at the harbor in the blistering cold. But hey, his bars, his rules. He thought to himself as he eyed the now close to puking man as two of his friends carried him out of the bar, Váli shivered as the door flings open, letting the cold in once again.
Good choice of leaving my coat on.
Váli

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 12
Job : Airport Security Agent. (Treated as information board.)
Humor : Seventy.
Registration date : 2012-12-18

Back to top Go down

A cold winter's evening Empty Re: A cold winter's evening

Post by Forceaus December 20th 2012, 8:15 pm

Good old Finland and all the damn snow that covered the ground.Trying to walk through it was unenduringly frustrating.Seriously the entire population should be near enough athletes simply from this alone.Ailill Hale, the prestigious sorcerer and enchanter that is he, was struggling to navigate through frozen air moisture."Oh just so-." he was thinking as words failed him."All I see around me is white and cold.That's all." He shouted out into the night.If only the weather around here had been in a better state than he could have just flown in the family's private jet.Instead of which however he was forced to use public airlines.It had not been all bad a trip but unfortunately there was no airport that near to the location he was heading off towards.Thus making this a journey he would have to take on foot.The only thing keeping him warm were the flames of the magical weapon he held forth doubling it as a torch to light his way.

After a long enough of a travel he arrived in a town.A sort of midway point of this little trip.Well, far past the midway point since he had started in Chicago.He entered into the town and decided it was time to take a quick rest.Ailill need not wear himself out before even arriving.He stopped outside a bar called “Humalassa Jättiläinen” and decided to enter it and get a quick something to drink and perhaps eat as well.Before doing so he extinguished the flames of the fire rod and placed it back inside the magical sack for safe keeping.

Ailill pushed open the door and strode on into the bar, not caring in the slightest how anyone reacted to him entering.Rarely did he ever even care in the slightest of such the opinions of him that others possessed.It was just a waste of time to even bother in his own brilliant mind.Ailill Hale walked up the bar and sat himself down comfortably.The bartender eyed him strangely as if he had never seen anything like him before.Then again that's kind of a true statement to be held.

"So stranger, what are you having?And can you even pay me?" the barman asked scruffly.

"Of course I can pay.I did not come here unprepared.I'll take a glass of your finest drink and some nachos, light on the cheese if you would be so kind." He responded before turning back to the gathered attendees.Some of which were still staring at him from when he first entered.Oh how flattering that his mere presence was this intriguing to them all.

Then came his order and just as he had hoped for.Had it not been like that things might have become a bit hairy up in this here place.He slowly ate and drank as he thought of what was to come once he set off again."Should be fun." he thought as somebody near him started to gag as if he was sick.The barman shouted for him to head outside if he was about to vomit all over the floor.Even Ailill agreed with such a statement.He did not want that anywhere near him.After the sick man was carried out to avoid such a mess he turned to the person next to him whom also seemed like he was not from around this place and spoke to him."So, how you doing there fella?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Váli December 21st 2012, 7:39 am

A man enters the bar; Váli eyes him closely, just to remember his face. You never know who you’ll meet once again. He sits down next to Váli at the bar.
Keep an eye on him, don’t know what he wants. Might be a friend might be a foe. Got to find out more about this guy, might be a possible contractor. I really hope so, could use the cash. Váli’s thoughts started drifting off, remembering the last contract he had. How easy it was to get his target. It didn’t quite give that old feeling to it.
Foolish, ordering the finest drink, he’s going to get ripped off. Váli thought to himself as he heard the man order his drink and small meal.
Another foreigner, quite weird for this time of year, can’t really think of any reason why they’ll head over here. Heck, maybe just for the northern lights. He wondered, as he heard puking noises from outside.
Man’s about to die, isn’t only the booze that is upsetting him. I’ll give him another day and a half, not more. He thought, sensing the distress of the vomiting man’s body.
Several other people stood up at the bar and headed outside, to see how the man is doing, since the vomiting noises became louder.
The new entry talked to him, and Váli raises and eyebrow as he listens to the question.
“Doing quite fine over here good sir, enjoying myself some drinks on this cold evening. Have to stay warm or you’ll end up like that guy.” He chuckled, his thumb pointing to the front door, which was behind him.
“Times are tough though.” Váli continued, letting out a deep sigh before starting to talk.
“Money is running low, less work around during the winter, days getting shorter, and nights getting colder. A man isn’t able live these long months in ease, unless he’s loaded of course. But heck, it is only natural. People usually head south towards the mainland of Europe, trying to find work there. They usually return empty handed or with even larger debts than they usually have. I’d rather just stick around here a bit longer, survived many winters and I’m not planning on stopping.”
He was dwelling in his own thoughts for so long, he forgot about his manners.
Váli, you moron. Think straight, you know nothing of this man. He corrected himself in his mind before speaking up again:
“My apologies good sir, I completely forgot my manners while having such a troubled mind these days. The name is Váli, a pleasure to meet you. What brings you to these isolated parts of the world, especially during this harsh winter? Temperatures have really been hitting rock bottom, don’t you agree?”
Váli looked at Ailill with a small polite smile on his face.
Now let this man be a contractor, please. That would make my day all better again. He thought, eagerly waiting for the stranger to answer the questions that he just asked.
Váli

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 21st 2012, 9:07 am

"Please promise to stay safe, and please don't talk to strangers.. I know I sound like a broken record- hey, don't laugh- but you gotta promise me." Skyler said, her hands planted on Lilia's right and left cheek while she took a moment to look at the girl. "I promise, mama," Lilia cooed, a bit of life dancing in the girls' eyes before a kiss was planted on Skyler's cheek. Skyler smiled and kissed Lilia's forehead and grabbed up her keys. "I'll call every day," she said, waving the cheap international cell phone she had purchased. "There's food in the fridge, and meals frozen that you can just pop in the microwave. There's cable TV now, and I bought that new book for you; the Russian hardback copy." Skyler said, panic racing through her while she patted down her sides.

"Hehe, okayy.. You're going to miss your flight~" Lilia cooed again while Skyler sighed and shrugged. "I can stay here, you know that, right? I'll stay. I should stay," she said, her hands frantically grabbing for her duffle bag medical license. "Shayla is coming to take care of me, Mama~! I'll be fine," Lilia cooed again, her Russian precise, but weak and shy. Skyler huffed and shook her head. "As much as I respect her, I still cannot help but worry.. Make sure she doesn't break the door, hm?" Skyler finally sat down in the driver seat of her car and frowned, looking to Lilia. "I love you, mama. You be safe and careful. Promise, okay?" Skyler leaned herself on the door, her head shaking while she laughed. "I promise, more than anything. I'll always be there for you." Skyler blew a kiss and then cranked the Corvette, bringing the lovely car to life. She was off to the airport; she had a flight to Finland, and she was going to miss it if she didn't haul ass.

Espoo, Finland. It was cold, filled with snow, and it was her destination.

Skyler was ordered, by Dominus, to travel to Finland and seek out a man named Váli. While she rode in the back of a shady cab, her hands were on a laptop and she was going over the file.

Name > // . . . Váli Törriktil
Age > // . . . Roughly Early Thirties
Height > // . . . Undetermined
Weight > // . . . Undetermined

Current Location > // . . . Northern Europe; Finland is our best triangulation.

Profile Image > // . . .A cold winter's evening Thin_cursor

Skyler sighed and let her eyes sweep over the file, memorizing the dark blonde hair, brown eyes, sharper features, scowl, and tired looking eyes. The man had a special meta-gift, and Dominus either wanted him on their side, or wanted him dead. Skyler was sent to offer him a new contract. If she could find him, that is. She hadn't found a hotel yet, but she did want to get herself a drink, and maybe there was a bar. She ordered the cab driver to take her to the nearest bar. She was then dropped off at a place that reminded her of other bars in cold towns with cold people; Humalassa Jättiläinen. She sighed and plucked herself out of the cab. She was wearing kevlar lined pants with double insulated layers; black. She also had on her normal corset, but was also dressed with a thick leather jacket, also lined with kevlar and double layers of insulation. The attire looked light, and wasn't bulky, but it sure did keep her warm. The fur lined hood of her jacket was pulled up and around of her snow glasses wear self. Snow blindness could even occur at night, and she wasn't about to let that happen.

She stepped toward the doors of the bar, her duffle slung over one shoulder, her hand gun and knife protected beneath her clothes. She stepped around a man that was puking his guts out. She frowned lightly and let herself come into the bar. Eyes flicked to her, and a few whistles followed her entrance. She flicked her hood off and let her glasses perch upon her head. The draft sent her long silver hair into a billowing mess, but that wasn't the best part. Her eyes swept the bar and she found them lingering on a man with Blonde hair perched at the bar. Was it her lucky day? Maybe it was. She approached the bar, and on her way, a hand reached and slapped her ass. Before the man could even pull his hand back, she had her knife drawn and his arm twisted around behind of his back. She narrowed her eyes and gave everyone a daring look. The other men at his table stood up, and they all drew their weapons; butterfly knives, a six shot, and some rusted looking sabre. Skyler rose her hands up defensively and the barkeep called out with anger. "Sit down, all of ya'. Let the lady have some peace." She chuckled and shook her head, her knife getting tucked back into it's sheathe along the hem of her pants. Today just got fun.

Last edited by Chellizard on December 22nd 2012, 9:04 am; edited 3 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
A cold winter's evening JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 21st 2012, 9:08 pm

Ailill was sitting at some bar in the middle of nowhere, Finland.Might as well call it that because he could not remember the name of it at all.Something of their own language, Esoo, Epo, something along those lines.It would be far too much of a nuance for him to even bother to remember.For now he was sampling the vodka and nachos he had ordered and not finding them to be very good at all.Especially the vodka since he had ordered the finest product this place possessed and the one he had been given was one he did not consider all that fine at all.It was in fact rather plain.Just shameful, probably should not have expected much from a small town bar.The disappoint of his meal was so much so that he resorted to communing with one of the other patrons.

The man he started to speak with seemed a bit pleasant but overall quite the depressing fellow.Listening to him talk was somewhat boring him completely.Ailill could barely pay attention to anything the man was saying.The most he managed to get out of it was that the man seemed to be really in need to some spare cash.Something Ailill had plenty of.Perhaps he could make use of this fellow.Certainly worth a second thought.Ailill did not know exactly what was up ahead and could use somebody to deal with anything he would normally prefer not to for him."Well fella if it's money you be looking for I may be able to help you out with that.All depends really on what you're willing to do to get it.All depends, all depends." he informed him smirking a bit over the glass of not so fine vodka.

Ailill glanced over to the tables while letting the man think over what he had just offered only to see that alot of them had gone outside to check up on the sick one.Many had left but only one came in.A woman had entered the bar and she too did not look to be from around these parts.Strangers showing up left and right in this here little establishment.Her presence had gone as unnoticed as his had when he first entered.In fact one might even say she had trumped him in making an impact upon entering.The other patrons did not just stare at her, one of them actually pulled a fast one with her.She did not take it too well.She pulled out a knife even and was ready to use it when the man's friends took action as well.The barman was once again forced to intervene in something going on in this place tonight.Ailill was a tiny bit intrigued as to what this woman was about to do next.Perhaps moreso than how the man responded to his possible offer.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Váli December 22nd 2012, 10:42 am

Doesn’t seem like the new man is paying attention. Doesn’t respond to any of my questions, my introduction. Doesn’t seem like a mannered man, probably wasn’t raised properly. Váli thought to himself while finishing his last bit of Vodka. By the looks of it, he had the better one than the stranger next to him. Or he simply acted that way.

As Ailill mentioned money and what Váli was willing to do it, a smirk appeared on his face.
Great, just what I needed. A contractor. This evening just got hell of a lot better. He thought as he looked in his pockets for something.

Váli stretched his arms, after retracting them back towards himself, he turned his body slightly to the right, looking at the barman.
“May I have another one?” He asked, indicating he wanted a refill of his previous drink.
“Kas tässä.” The barman responded, refilling the glass, even more generous than the last time.
Váli raised it at the barman and gave a nod.

Perhaps the bar staff aren’t tourists that want to earn some money over here. They better have good staff, booze is extremely expensive these days. His thoughts were determined and just in his opinion. Good service was something important to him.

Váli finally took out what he was looking for, a pack of cigarettes. He put one in his mouth and lit it with a match. Lighter fluid wasn’t safe to carry around with you. It might just freeze when you’re outside. After lighting his cigarette he finally spoke to Ailill.
“I am willing to do many things for an income, yet some things are even beyond my own ability, good sir.”

The red circle at the end of his cigarette shined bright as he sucked at the bottom to retract the smoke into his mouth. He opened it slightly to inhale air into his lungs, that air carried the smoke from within his mouth into them. He exhaled, letting out a small cloud of smoke that covered the space in between the two.
Hope he doesn’t mind, but hell, everybody is smoking in here, shouldn’t be in a bar if he hates smoking. However if he requests, I will extinguish it immediately.
“So good sir, before we discuss this any further, I would like to know exactly who I am talking to. And what he wants from me.” He said, a small polite smile staying on his face after he spoke.

But, before Váli could get a response, the door flung open again. Cold air glided carelessly in, making everybody who was getting nice and warm from the alcohol and heating shiver for a second before looking up to see who has opened it.

Whistles welcomed the new entry, a female. Váli couldn’t make sure where she was from.
Then she pulls out a knife and threatens a guy that touched her inappropriately.
Understandable, but a foreigner alright. Váli thought to himself with a small smirk on his face.
However, the smirk quickly vanished as the friends of the man started to pull out their weapons. Váli removed a foot from the stool he was sitting on and placed it on the ground, ready to make a run for it if things got ugly. He would come back alright, such a body, what a waste to leave that behind for anybody to take.

Keep an eye on her; she’s here for a reason.

Barman breaks up the nearly escalating fight.

Dang, what a pity. Was hoping for some new corpses today. Gotta look out for that girl though, probably armed to the teeth seeing her attire and fighting skill.
Váli

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 22nd 2012, 11:45 am

Skyler's duffle bag was securely strapped around of her shoulder, and had barely moved even during the arm wrenching maneuver she had placed on the handsy guy. She chuckled a bit at the man while his pride, bruised and beaten, still boasted a story to his friends around of the table. She ignored them, and approached the bar, nodding to the bar keep. "Kiitos," she said, thanking the man while she nodded his way. He was a bit taken aback when she spoke his native tongue, but he smiled wide and nodded. "Ei ongelma. Mitä sinä janoaa?" he said, his hands articulating his words while his larger form swayed. He had explained it wasn't a problem, and also asked what she'd like to drink. Skyler glanced around the wall of liquor and decided on something she loved more than any other alcoholic beverage; a White Russian. Despite the drink being cold, it was surely a good drink.

"Hmmn.. Valkovenäläinen," she said, smiling a bit confidently. She almost stumbled over the word, but recovered quite easily. While she was ordering her drink, and slightly checking on the dark blonde headed man at the bar with her peripheral vision, she couldn't help but over hear the table with the handsy man get loud and then chairs squeaked. The barman handed her the drink she ordered, and she accepted it, smiling. "Talon," he said, indicating the drink was on the house. Skyler nodded, but laid down a twenty dollar note. "Nothing is ever free," she said, her Finnish a bit more by the books, but still understood by the barkeep. He nodded and then a bit of fear reflected in his eyes, not to mention the slender mirror behind the bar. The handsy man wanted revenge on his hurt pride. He had the rusted six shooter that his friend had. Skyler chuckled lightly and rose her glass to her lips.

"I've only been here for roughly five minutes, and it seems Karma is repaying me for all the good I've gotten." She muttered below her breath and then turned, her form sweeping down while she spun on her heels. Her right hand was tightly grasped around of her White Russian while she moved, her left hand grabbing her Higpoly hand gun. She brought the gun up and had it pressed tightly against the man's forehead, her silver hair swirling around of her form. She cleared her throat, took a sip of her drink, and pulled the hammer back on her gun. The other men ran, tripping over chairs as they made for the door. "I-I-I'm s-s-s-orry.." stammered handsy man, his Finnish accent weak and terrified. Skyler shrugged and pushed the gun against his head a bit. "Be sorry somewhere else," she spat, her accent a bit more clear; Americanized, but her words came out clearly Finnish. She took another sip of her cold beverage and smiled. "Any one else want to challenge me?" she dared, her gun lowering while Handsy Man fell backward and made his way to the door.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 22nd 2012, 7:36 pm

This little adventurous trip was turning out much more exciting than he had originally thought it could even possibly be.The best part was that Ailill had not even gotten to his actual destination.All of this was going on in some dungy, run-down old bar.Oh just imagine what may happen later on.Just imagine it.The man was definitely having some trouble hiding his high amount of interest in possibly doing something for Ailill in order to earn some cash.This could work in his favor.Ailill was slightly tempted in bringing the man along with him.Whether or not he would actually pay him was something he could simply decide on for now.All depends on how things went.

"Well." he told the man.Ailill was being a bit cautious in order to properly gauge the man's interests."I'm just some fella on a bit of business in the area and just preparing to handle it.If you're looking for money I may have some way for you to get some.What say you stranger?" he asked of him all while not really even looking at him.

Ailill was taking a moment to consider all of his options.As he was in deep thought the trouble in the bar involving the conflict between the woman who had entered and the group of locals was getting more and more out of hand.It was starting to turn into a full blown brawl.At the very least that's where it looked like where it was heading.All of them were soon drawing their mundane weapons and tussling about a bit like vulgar savages.The only difference was that the woman was quite skilled in terms of combat.Enough so that Ailill was thinking of dragging her along rather than the person he was already talking to.

Seeing that the bar was not the place for this Ailill got up, only leaving enough money on the counter for his meal, not even a tiny bit extra to serve as a tip.He did not really find this place tip worthy."Come on then, let us talk business elsewhere." he said to the man as he started to walk up to woman and called out to her to get her attention and make sure she did not accidently shoot him."Say young ma'am, if you don't want to deal with these guys anymore perhaps there's other places you could go." Now Ailill was being crafty.Perhaps he could get two people to go along with him.Perhaps he could.
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Váli December 23rd 2012, 12:03 pm

She speaks Finnish? Quite an accent though. Kudos for trying nonetheless. Váli thought surprised as the new entry ordered a drink, eying her from head to toe.

The man stood up again, gun in hand, thinking he can best the woman with a weapon.

Fool. Váli smirked, eager to see the woman’s reaction.
A blind rat could easily sense that this woman is not to be messed with. Highly trained, highly lethal. His thoughts continued as the woman preformed her magnificent pirouette, with a possible lethal ending.

No doubt. She’s here for a reason. Someone with that type of weapon and that skill won’t be out here looking for a nice place to drink. But then, is she looking for me? Or a contractor? Maybe the man next to me was actually waiting for her? Doesn’t seem right. She speaks the language, but is a foreigner. Won’t be sent all this way to meet another foreigner. Something doesn’t add up. His mind was analyzing the situation at rapid speed, his eyes focused on the woman while he was smoking his cigarette.

As the agent challenged the rest of the bar, Váli eyed around, looking for people who would possibly be working together with the woman.

Dang, nobody. Can’t really find anything that would help me realize what is going on here exactly. Váli was disappointed, he didn’t like situations like these, might just get nasty in a matter of seconds.

He let out a deep sigh, it was now or never.

Before he could act, the man asked him a question to leave with him, discuss matters in a different place.

Wait, are they working together? Can’t be. He isn’t the fighting type, neither the negotiating one. He thought in reaction to the proposition of the man.

“I’m sorry my good sir, but you might be offering me money for my services, yet I have already introduced myself to you once and requested you to introduce yourself to me as well. Yet you did not do that in any of those given moments. Now, if you will excuse me…” He didn’t even finish his sentence. And he extinguished his cigarette and as Váli stood up, he exhaled the last bit of smoke in his lungs. With slow, steady, hearable steps he approached the woman. Didn’t want to startle her or indicate he is going to engage any form of battle. She clearly wasn’t a person to mess with.

“Anteeksi nuori nainen.” He said as he got closer, didn’t want to startle her when he started talking. Clearly the woman would understand he was talking to her.
“Voinko tarjota jotain juotavaa?” He asked, as he stood around two feet away from her, looking her in the eyes with a small smile on his face, indicating politeness and good will. His right palm open towards her, while his fingertips pointed towards the bar.
He took out his cigarette box with his free left hand, opened it and presented it to the woman.
“Ehkä savuke?” He offered, holding the box in front of the woman until she answers him.

Gotta be extremely careful here. Don’t know what this woman exactly wants.
Váli

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 23rd 2012, 12:40 pm

Skyler's gun was hot and ready, it's chambers loaded and ready to blow the face off of anyone near her. Handsy Guy was out the door and likely pissing his pants. Her attention was grabbed by the man that was talking to her possible target. Her eyes shifted to look the man in the face. His mousy features and shorter light brown hair accompanied with his soft looking brown eyes had her feeling a bit sorry for him. He looked so out of place here; so out of place. But, who was she to judge? So did she. At least she had proper dress. She turned her White Russian up to her lips and took a swig of the cold drink, licking her lips after it painted her lips and gave her a quick buzz before it was gone.

"There are other places I can go; thanks for being Captain Obvious," she sneered, her voice actually switching to a slight Southern Drawl. Her English was a bit clipped and had a country accent, and it didn't match her outer appearance. She started to holster her Higpoly when another voice chimed behind of her. 'Excuse me young lady,' was how she was greeted, and she had to admit, she was flattered. She turned from the soft brown eyed boy with the dopey, cute face and glanced at the man with his flattering words. It was her target. No doubting it now with him right in front of her. She glanced over his face and let her eyes scan his whole form from head to toe. She had amazing photographic memory, so it was as if his profile image popped up next to his physical face so she could compare facial markers. The man matched up with Vali Torriktil. She had found him.

Her attention was now completely on him, and she listened to his words while a soft smile curled over her lips. "Niin paljon imartelua, ja kaikki vain tyttö kuin..." she cooed a bit, her eyes half lidding while she tipped her glass up in response to him offering to buy her a drink. She finished the drink and licked her lips, a bit of cream having been left behind. "En polta, mutta oletan voisit ostaa minulle juoman. Tee se Valkovenäläinen." she waved off his cigarette offer and looked back toward the bar. She then turned her eyes back to the dopey man and chuckled. "Sugar, you should come join us for another drink. This bar is fine now that I've run off those rag tag fellas." she said, speaking in English for him so he wasn't left out of their Finnish conversation.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 23rd 2012, 3:21 pm

Ailill had gone up to the gun toting woman to engage her a quick conversation after having made his offer to the man.He was being quite conniving but it was not working as well as he hoped.He was gaining their distrust far faster than either's trust.This just would not do at all.Between the things that both said to him and the fact that they had gauged each other's interest far more than his own things were not going well for him.Ailill would have to rethink his approach.It had been awhile since he last did something similiar to this.He had spent so much time avoiding interacting with others that he was not as accustomed to dealing with them as he should be.Ailill took a moment to remember properly how to do what he was trying to do all while paying close attention to the others as they spoke to each other in Finnish.Ailill understood every word but acted like he didn't.

The two of them had gone back to sitting at the bar and had invited him to join them.Ailill decided to take up the offer seeing it as his best chance for acquiring the oppurtunity to get something here.If he were to fail then so be it.It mean't little to him regardless.Getting anything out of either would probably be something small and barely even significant but who knows where things may lead.Ailill walked back to the bar and sat down again but did not order anything.His previous drink had disappointed him enough so that he was not interested in the slightest in trying anything else that this place may have to offer.

Ailill decided to be more polite with his offer this time around.He started off with what the man desired most from him in order to gain his trust."Well fine sir my name is Ailill Hale and I happen to be quite rrrich and am here on some business.I was merely looking for some folks I could get interested in assissting in said business.I so apologize for how I was.I was still thawing out you could say and my manners were still frozen I suppose.So if either of you are interested in earning some quick cash for what should be a rather simple and painless task then well, just say so and we can work out the terms to an agreement.What say you lady and gentleman?" Ailill asked them both and waited their response to his offer.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Váli December 23rd 2012, 4:12 pm

A white Russian. I’ll abide. Váli thought as he ordered the drink for the madam, raising two fingers to indicate he wants two of them. Common courtesy.
Lady doesn’t smoke or simply trying to be polite.

“Easy there, she isn’t the type to be messed with.” The barman said, handing over the two drinks.
Váli smirked, taking both of the alcoholic drinks in his hands.
“Exactly why she caught my attention.” He responded, the barman showed a tooth-missing smile.

He placed the drink at the bar in front of the woman, making sure the label of the glass was facing her. He sat down next to her, raised his glass slightly in the air.
“Kippis.” He said, indicating he wanted to cheer.

After the lady would accept, he would take a sip of his drink, making sure to keep eye contact with the woman.
Alright, time to find out exactly why she is here.
“The name is Váli. Pleased to meet you.” He said, taking the cigarette box out of his pocket once again, taking a cigarette out and placing the half full pack on the bar. After lighting his he spoke once again: “If you change your mind, feel free to take.” Of course he was referring to the cigarettes and how the lady refused one a few moments ago.

Great, the unmannered one is invited too. Váli sighed in his head as the woman invited the man he previously spoken too to join them.
Keep your eyes and ears open. Don’t let them touch you. You’ve always got that to save your ass.

As Ailill joined and apologized, Váli’s gaze was shifted towards him, same polite smirk staying on his face. And when he introduced himself, his eyes lit up with some sort of excitement.

Alright, best thing to do right now is to gather as much as possible information about the two. He had it all figured out in his head, what questions he was going to ask and how to respond to possible answers.

“Well Ailill, pleased to meet you. You come here doing business? That is quite vague to be honest. What type of business are you specialized in?” He asked the mage, showing genuine interest in whatever he was calling business.

Before Váli could get an answer, he turned his attention to the woman, who was sitting on the other side of him at the bar.
“Now tell me…” He took a long puff from his cigarette.
“What brings you here to these parts of the world? Clearly you are here looking for someone or something. Someone with your attire and looks wouldn’t be here on vacation. Neither would you be travelling through, since you speak our language.” He asked her, going straight to the point.

“About your business proposition sir, I would gladly hear more about it after I am done chatting with madam right here.” He said as he turned his face towards Ailill, the same polite smile following the words.

Now let us see where this might take us here today.
Váli

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 23rd 2012, 11:44 pm

Skyler's eyes got wide for a microsecond and she adjusted her features to stay calm. Hale. She knew that name, she knew it well. She had read a whole novel about the Hale family back at her father's grand library at the Caster mansion. This made her intrigued, but not so much that she would blow her actual identity. At this point in time, they did not know her name, and her concealed dog tags only said Doctor Karma, nothing more. So, even if they saw those, she'd still have her real identity concealed. If Ailill Hale could find out she had Fae blood running through her veins alike to him, she would be caught in a sticky situation. Her father and younger brother had no idea she was in Dominus. At least, she was lead to believe that. She had told Cornelius about her arrangement to protect Agent Etoile, but knowing her Uncle Corn... the news had likely traveled the whole mansion.

Skyler held back a sigh when she sat down on Vali's left. She smirked at the barkeep when he commented on her being dangerous in his own words. She chuckled a bit and accepted the drink, taking a sip while her eyes flicked over Vali to look at Ailill. "Thanks," Skyler said to Vali, her eyes on Ailill, a smirk coiling her lips while she rose her glass to accept Vali's Cheers. She took another sip and slowly sat down her glass. So his name is Vali, hm..? she thought to herself, her eyes glancing at him and then passed him back to Ailill. When Vali lit another cigarette, Skyler waved her hand and blew out the flame of his match before he could light his cigarette. "I don't mind that you smoke, but don't do it in front of me."

"Money doesn't mean anything to me," she said, leaning forward on the bar a bit to look down at Ailill passed Vali. "If there's a good enough reason you need my skill set on your side, I'm sure I could be persuaded to help." She was being honest; money did not mean anything to her. Dominus did not limit her money amounts, and if she sold the technology she used on her weapons? She'd have a fortune. But, love and family was her purpose. She had her father, brother, Uncle, and of course her children.. even if one of them despised her. She cleared her throat and shifted her dufflebag and slid out the slender laptop she had with her. She laid it on the table and let her right hand slide over a few keys before Vali's file was brought up.

"I'm here on business, too." she said, tipping her glass to finish it while her hand drew her gun and pulled the hammer back, pointing it directly at Vali. She sat her cup down and smiled, her eyes glancing from the computer to the actual man. "Uncanny resemblance, hm?" She chuckled and shifted her finger off of the trigger and let the hammer down. "You see, I either kill you, or get you to sign this contract. But I'm sure if you do something for me, I can easily destroy your file and wipe you off of Dominus' radar." She smirked and, with her left hand, slowly snapped the laptop closed.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 26th 2012, 4:55 pm

Ailill was starting to gain a bit of their trust it seems.Or that was what it most certainly looked like.It was most likely the case that he actually was though for Ailill Hale was not an easy person to fool.No not an easy person to fool at all.Seizing the opportunity now presenting itself just as he should and started off his little speech of mostly falsehoods that were so well delivered that it nearly impossible to even notice any of them."Well good Sir and Madam, I happen to be a bit of a businessman myself here to do a very much needed task for some people who work for a major company in America who have offered generously for it.The job has a good possibility to be quite difficult to be completely honest and um, well." he stopped for a brief moment as some of his confidence was slipping away a bit.Ailill regained it as quickly as he possibly could before continuing on with what he was saying.Now was not the time to lose one's confidence.Not at all."I guess you could say I was looking for some fellows to assist with such a thing, maybe even eventually recieve some quality employment down the road.All depends on how things go here in Espoo." Finally he had remembered the name of this place.It had slipped his mind so long ago."Anyways, I'm offering you two because for some reason I honestly see you both having alot of potential for this." he finished off his little speech and gave them both a chance to think it over.Ailill thought he had sold it quite well to be honest.It seemed very sincere to him.He partially looked away so as not to seem to pushy in waiting.Just give them a bit of comfort space to make it easier for them to relax a bit while thinking it over.That would increase the chances of them liking the idea and agreeing with it.

Monitering them only slightly and inconspicously he noticed that the man seemed very much so interested while the woman to barely even give a damn about anything he had just said.Her mind was clearly on something else entirely.But what he wondered.It must be very important to her based on how determined she seemed.He was not left to ponder on what it could be for very long.She had finally given her exact reason for being here.She pulled out a laptop and displayed on its screen was a picture and profile of the man sitting next to her.Well things are getting interesting for sure.She was now addressing Vali about this fact.It seems he was a target for him to hunt down and either capture or kill.She mentioned Dominus while informing him of her mission.Dominus? Ailill had heard the name before.The elder Caster man that he possessed some respect for had supposedly mentioned such a thing by accident and it had spread about the members of each respective magical family.Apparently it actually existed and this woman was indeed a member.Well then, now he knew that it actually existed and it had something to do with hunting people for whatever reason.Ailill would have to make sure to find out why.Such information needed to be discovered.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Váli December 27th 2012, 5:26 am

The man starts to speak about his offer. Váli turns his head towards him politely. Listening, yet not giving any reaction.

Lady doesn’t want me to smoke here, fair enough. Váli thought as he extinguished his match before lighting he could gain his wanted nicotine.

Then, the laptop was pulled out, placed on the table.
Váli eyed the picture of himself on the monitor, thinking of moments where this picture could have been taken. Who took it? But he couldn’t remember it. It is simply a picture of him standing around, smoking a cigarette, waiting for something, probably the bus.

Váli sighed.
“I was hoping for an easy day with an easy job. Alas, seems like somebody has got different plans for me.” He muttered, as he looked the laptop.

He face gave a sarcastic look when the woman informed him about the similarity of him and the picture of the computer.

Then, the gun was pulled out. Pointed at Váli’s forehead. He did not like that, oh no.
Váli stared at Skyler with a blank expression on his eyes, like this is something he has encountered every single day.

She told her story, and removed her gun once again. Put the laptop in the bag.
Alright Váli, showtime.

“Now, listen lady. If you are sent by Dominus to get me on their side, or at least bring me to them. You must know, that I am not just any man.” He said, no more smile on his face, she wasn’t on his good side anymore.

He lit his cigarette, now covering the match with his hand so that she can’t blow it out.

“Sorry for not fulfilling your request, however I need to think straight for this, as you can understand.” He said, smoking his cigarette, explaining why he lit het even after she requested he wouldn’t do it.

He took a even deeper sigh than before. And pinched the area between his eyes, trying to concentrate even further.

After what seemed like 10 seconds, he looked up again the polite smile returned to his face.

“Now listen to me lady,” He said, grabbing the collar of his coat between his right index and middle finger.
“If you wish to leave this place alive.” He opened his coat slightly, revealing the packs of C4 that were stuck to his body.
“Or, if you manage to escape, if you don’t want the rest of the people in this bar to die. I would suggest we have ourselves a nice conversation before rushing into things.” He finished. Looking Skyler right in her eyes, same calm and polite smile on his face.

He took a long puff from his cigarette, his right hand now buried inside of his pocket, might be holding the detonator for the explosives. Skyler wouldn’t know.

“Now tell me, what is this you exactly wish from me? My lady? A robbery? Assassination? Anything more dangerous?” He asked Skyler, his voice being just as calm as it was before her true intentions were revealed.

Was a damn good idea to keep my coat on.
Váli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top