The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_vote_lcapBarrier Gadget and mini pistols I_voting_barBarrier Gadget and mini pistols I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols I_vote_lcapBarrier Gadget and mini pistols I_voting_barBarrier Gadget and mini pistols I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Barrier Gadget and mini pistols

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barrier Gadget and mini pistols Empty Barrier Gadget and mini pistols

Post by Alpha July 24th 2011, 5:20 am

Name: Light barriers
Abilities: Specially made bracelets that draw upon her magic energy reserves. Forming them into transparent shields of energy that are capable of taking a decent amount of punishment. Depending on the severity of the hit, the time. With enough force from even the weakest attack, the sheild can break Though large amounts of force can easily break it, though not keep it full force in it. Depending on the force of the attack, the charging will vary. Though usually they become usable enough within a few minutes, based on the damage. (2-3 post's)Trying to use the gadget while it is charging can cause it to overload, and damage Elena.
Description:
Spoiler:

Name: Portable pistols
Abilities: Specially made pistols that Elena carries in her shoes. They are small in size but pack a big punch. With enough firpower to punch a hole in some of the most durable foes. They each carry two shots each, and Elena carries around 2 of them on any venture. She carries twelve extra shots on her at all times.
Description:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Elena Marie on July 25th 2011, 1:56 pm; edited 13 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Barrier Gadget and mini pistols CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Barrier Gadget and mini pistols Empty Re: Barrier Gadget and mini pistols

Post by Ember_Fangs July 24th 2011, 5:27 am

Approved. (:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain July 24th 2011, 12:20 pm

One minute isn't exactly two posts, and isn't really fair for a power emulating item. This item is essentially replacing an EP power, therefore it needs far more restrictions than it currently has. At the moment, it has no drawbacks, almost no recharge time, and can be projected in any direction.

Black Knight has a similar gadget, but it only effects his body, and it only is good for one use until it recharges. Depending on the level of power it absorbs is what determines the time it takes to recharge. Example, if Pain were to punch, with his 7 STR, Black Knight would be stuck waiting for the next several posts; leaving him completely open to a devastating punch. This item does not have a very fair scale for such powerful attacks, and leads to players ignoring EP. I don't expect the most elaborate scale, just play the item fair and use it sparingly, one minute is not sparingly.

Power emulating items are not to be taken lightly, they essentially replace an entire EP power. If they're not given restrictions, EP is made pointless, and INT is made the new all purpose stat. In other words, unapproved until we work this out.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha July 24th 2011, 3:08 pm

fixed

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha July 25th 2011, 12:17 am

I took your advice Pain and modeled it somewhat after The Black Knights armor, tell me if the item works now ?

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain July 25th 2011, 7:02 am

See, now I feel like you've restricted yourself a bit too much. Finding an exact post number for your recharge is difficult, because different topics move at different speeds, and seven posts could be your entire number of posts for some topics. Maybe I was taking the wrong approach with this.

Let's say that since Elena has 6 INT, she can stop just about anyone's attacks with this shield, but the strength of their attacks should play a somewhat small role because this item acts as a defense to your low END; you can't replace that. Like in Halo, it's your energy shield that protects you from taking major damage. High enough force will take it out in one hit, and if the force is weaker, it requires more.

That's something you'll have to gauge yourself in your RPs, and if you're having trouble with that I'm sure any member of the staff would be willing to help. Like, if someone with 3-4 STR were to punch your shield, you should be able to use it again in your next post, but eventually with enough damage that person will be able to force the item onto its 'cooldown.' I'd say a good flurry of strikes would be required from someone of that strength; obviously the lower number requires more effort.

Once the item has been forced onto its 'cooldown', I believe no matter what brought the shield down, it should share the same cooldown. Let's just say, to help make things a little more clear, that Elena can only use this twice in a battle; unless it's a very long fight, but that still doesn't prevent the item from overloading. I'd say the 'cooldown' should be at least two to three turns, because in most topics that is plenty of time. Sound good?

The guns are fine with me, but why not just carry two of them and have them only capable of holding two rounds at a time? You can also carry spare ammo, obviously.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much, just trying to help. Thank you for your cooperation.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain July 29th 2011, 12:17 am

Alright, I'll approve this, just don't abuse it. By the way, a turn means everyone in the topic has posted, you'll have to wait for two-three of these to pass, not just two-three posts.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down