The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_vote_lcapSHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_voting_barSHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_vote_lcapSHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_voting_barSHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

SHRPG Political Situation

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SHRPG Political Situation - Page 3 Empty Re: SHRPG Political Situation

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 12:03 am

My character is a military superweapon.
Great Britain and France would still, more than likely be the most dominant players in Europe and so they would still have their hand in world politics.

The U.K could send Freerunner on a misson to the war-zone as these were previously part of the old British Empire and so the U.K would still have useful contacts on both sides. The objectives I will decide myself....

I think the world is more aware of people with abilties and so most governments with at least a half decent economy or better will be preparing their own defences against 'supers' that are WMD's in their own right. How good they are depends on a lot of factors though.

Although your idea is interesting and it could be RP'd very well with some great threads, I share Pain's hesitation to bring politics into the SHRPG. Politics tends to sometimes take people out of context and their own personal feelings could very well become involved with their own character leading them to pursue agendas in their threads that some other members could take offense too.

That's just my opinion but if this goes ahead, I'm still for it. It makes sense that Pakistan would allign itself with other countries of similar nature to fight a common 'enemy' that had overtaken it, call it pre-emptive or whatever. I've already began a NPC character that has control of a powerful terrorist faction that could play a part in this. Their agenda's I will decide if this goes ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 12:10 am

Agreed

Sure

You do have a point, but I believe that Western countries will probably consider it 'inhumane' to create new supers. Try their damn hardest to recruit existing supers, sure, but not genetically change the way China, Japan and Russia are doing.

You have a point, and thank you for the compliment. This is utterly alternate and takes place in the future though. I'm Indian, and India is the first country being attacked.

Of course, by all means control the terrorist organization.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 12:14 am

On another note, Phineas and Ferb became the number 1 show on Disney, made TV good again, it's creators became multi-billionaires, and now Disney has good shows instead of tween sitcoms, as it realized what it was doing wrong.

2028 has some good things.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 12:18 am

Everyone here get's along great as far as I know.
I just thought it was worth mentioning, I would be a shame to see someone take offense to a thread but if they did, their concerns would obviously have to be listened to and addressed.

I'm really up for this idea though. Who knows, maybe someone on the indian side wants to start the war and sets up the attack themselves? Obviously the Crimson Swords of Jihad wouldn't miss the chance to capitalise on the situation, being a well known terrorist organisation, any known involvement by them could bring in influences from outside this area of Asia.

I await the story!

Freerunner will be covertly inserted when this kicks off....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 12:20 am

By the way, the 'inhumane' creation of supers would have to be excused for Freerunner then!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 12:22 am

Maybe he was the reason the West has that law/unofficial rule?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 12:31 am

I did give a fair bit of detail in his story about it and it's being elaborated on in the quest I'm currently doing. He only survived and the rest of 'Deep Dagger' died. I have said that it was closed down after him but the C.I.A began running their own augmentation procedures and they screwed it up, hence why Hossein Lynch is now the Crimson Dajjal, the leader of Crimson Sword of Jihad.

He and Free will fight in my quest. I haven't quite decided whether Free and BlackOut will have time to stop or kill him yet so I'm sure he coul be put to use the the chaotic situation that the war you have described, would cause.

As far as Free goes, maybe FIDELIS unites once more because they see how useful the 'Hyper Program' really was, realising they have fallen behind militarily, they unite again to get their own 'Hyper Warriors'/'Super Soldiers' going again.

Then again, maybe Andrew Christian (chief defence contractor to NATO) builds better weapons and tech for the West or maybe he is kidnapped, which would be no easy feat even at his most exposed.

It's your idea mate, I'm just brainstorming with you. 8)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 3:13 pm

You have excellent ideas. We can flesh this out as it goes on. First we have to 'test-drive' it with the Indo-Pakistani War.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by theblackness March 20th 2011, 7:44 pm

Would it be possible for a character to take a political seat of power through either elections or other ways...
theblackness

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 7:45 pm

Of course. In fact, I believe that the presidential term for the US should be ending right about now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by theblackness March 20th 2011, 7:47 pm

What about a country like Germany???
theblackness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 7:50 pm

If you feel you can handle it, sure. Japan's also a good choice, as is Russia, Britain, France, etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by theblackness March 20th 2011, 7:55 pm

Could said character also invade another country and start a fourth Reich wanting WORLD DOMINATION MUHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theblackness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 8:01 pm

You do realize Germany fucking hates Nazis with all their guts, correct?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by theblackness March 20th 2011, 8:10 pm

Yes, yes I do. You do realize there are still people out there that pretty much worship the ground Hitler walked on
theblackness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 8:10 pm

Not in Germany... I've been to Germany. It'd be illegal to even have swastikas if Hindus and Jains didn't use them for religious purposes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top