The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_voting_barSHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_voting_barSHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

SHRPG Political Situation

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 Empty Re: SHRPG Political Situation

Post by Dr Everyone March 12th 2011, 9:42 am

If the timeline started in 2008, and there had been a 10 year gap, a 2 year gap, and a 4 year gap between that, 2008 plus 16 is 2024. Of course we're missing a Chapter 1 to 2 gap, but we're in the same ball park.

Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 12th 2011, 2:22 pm

Pain wrote:I'm fine with 2024, didn't mean for the confusion, but isn't the time line twenty years? Wouldn't it be 2028?

I'm not liking this idea though.

If you explain what you don't like, I'll edit accordingly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropus March 12th 2011, 3:10 pm

Pain wrote:isn't the time line twenty years? Wouldn't it be 2028?

Nah. 2024

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
| Entropus, The Virtual Man |
SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 SignatureentropusSHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 Entropusgrid
"I aspire rather to be a hero, than merely appear as one."
Entropus
Entropus
"From Darkness to Darkness"

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 12th 2011, 5:48 pm

Any suggestions?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 12th 2011, 7:33 pm

I say 2028, it'd make more sense with Paine's existence. If we stuck with 2024 she'd be born three years before the site started; three years before Pain met Raine and blah blah blah. With 2028, Pain would be 23 when we started out. I'd prefer it that way.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 12th 2011, 7:36 pm

2028 is fine with me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone March 12th 2011, 8:49 pm

Pain wrote:I say 2028, it'd make more sense with Paine's existence. If we stuck with 2024 she'd be born three years before the site started; three years before Pain met Raine and blah blah blah. With 2028, Pain would be 23 when we started out. I'd prefer it that way.

Then we'd need to make the gaps longer. Maybe an 8 year gap between Chapter 4 and now? or maybe a 6 year gap between three and four? Something of that natural.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Doctor Everyone's Theme Song:
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 436
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 17th 2011, 7:26 pm

Give me the word and I'll start a thread on the Indo-Pakistani War. I'd do it myself, but for something this major I'd like to make you guys are OK.

The sides are

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia vs India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh (You might as well not include that last one though.) Started by the tensions having finally exploded sometime after the nuke increasing the already horrible relations between India and Pakistan.

Burma and Thailand are currently remaining neutral. Russia is supplying some arms to India, but is otherwise neutral. China has been ordered by Nightkill and their new military dictatorship to remain neutral.

This will be fleshed out more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 17th 2011, 7:43 pm

I don't like getting politics too heavily involved into this site. I'm sorry Night, but I'm not too big on this idea. How does everyone else feel?
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 17th 2011, 7:53 pm

But it isn't that involved yet. So far, most characters will probably view it the same way most Americans view the Afghanistan War; it's happening, I know some stuff about it, it comes up in conversation a bit, but it doesn't affect me very much. That's what I'm going with in this war. We might hit closer to USA later, but currently that's what's up.

I understand your thoughts, but I'm just giving my ideas. But let's see what other people have to say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones March 17th 2011, 8:31 pm

I do like certain elements of this idea and the Arc could be integrated with a number of other ideas currently being thrown around for Chapter 5.

I think it's important for the Heroes and Villains of SHRPG to be involved with politics, because it anchors the world we're all running about in, in a more realistic fashion. Personally, I'd like to use it to further the Immortals rise in America. An international war might just be the thing that forces GUN to be reformed.

I like it, but it needs work.

SHRPG Political Situation - Page 2 2cem8ad
Spoiler:
Bones
Bones
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 139
Job : Flatfoot
Humor : Dingy
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 17th 2011, 8:35 pm

An International War might also make me even stronger. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 18th 2011, 1:25 am

Brief nation overviews

China- The world's second largest economy, with a chance of overtaking the US in near future. A powerful military as well, and is the first military to successfully have made a significant portion of their soldiers superhumans, thanks to the Atomos drink given by Nightkill four years ago. Uses advanced technology also given by Nightkill four years ago. The Communist party was killed by Ferrum and Malady, guess when, four years ago, and was replaced by a military dictatorship secretly controlled by Nightkill. The fact China has superhuman soldiers is top-secret and unknown by most of the world.

North Korea- Fell in 2025 when the people finally decided enough was bloody well enough, and revolted. Kim Jong-II and his family were brutally murdered. Japan and South Korea quickly moved in, and are currently bringing the North Koreans education and such, and negotiating who gets how much land.

Japan- Although some parts are still recovering from 2011's brutal earthquake, the nation bounced back faster than Haiti and other countries did, considering they were first world. The funding by GUN and Nightkill probably helped. Japan is the world's number 4 economy, and is quite a powerful military, having been allowed one a while back. They also have a top-secret superhuman program, using genetic engineering and cybernetics. (This is very optimistic, I know.)

India- The largest population in the world, the second-largest military in the world, and hates Pakistan more than ever. Is growing power-wise at an insane rate, having leaped to 3rd largest economy from 12th largest in the space of a mere seventeen years.

France and Britain- Having very firmly recovered from WW2, these guys want to make a comeback on the superpower stage.

Russia- Ah, Mother Russia. Also has a top secret superhuman program. Used to use radioactivity to make superhumans, but has since moved onto genetic engineering. Recovered from their short slump after the fall of the Soviets, they are very much wanting to see the Russian flag as the flag for every country in the world. Still a formidable power, the world tries not to bug them.

USA- More or less the same, but now these guys really don't want to get involved with any foreign affairs.

What do you think so far?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 18th 2011, 6:29 pm

Anyone have any ideas or criticism?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 19th 2011, 5:16 pm

Nightkill wrote:Give me the word and I'll start a thread on the Indo-Pakistani War. I'd do it myself, but for something this major I'd like to make you guys are OK.

The sides are

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia vs India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh (You might as well not include that last one though.) Started by the tensions having finally exploded sometime after the nuke increasing the already horrible relations between India and Pakistan.

Burma and Thailand are currently remaining neutral. Russia is supplying some arms to India, but is otherwise neutral. China has been ordered by Nightkill and their new military dictatorship to remain neutral.

This will be fleshed out more.

Just waiting for someone to support this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2011, 12:03 am

My character is a military superweapon.
Great Britain and France would still, more than likely be the most dominant players in Europe and so they would still have their hand in world politics.

The U.K could send Freerunner on a misson to the war-zone as these were previously part of the old British Empire and so the U.K would still have useful contacts on both sides. The objectives I will decide myself....

I think the world is more aware of people with abilties and so most governments with at least a half decent economy or better will be preparing their own defences against 'supers' that are WMD's in their own right. How good they are depends on a lot of factors though.

Although your idea is interesting and it could be RP'd very well with some great threads, I share Pain's hesitation to bring politics into the SHRPG. Politics tends to sometimes take people out of context and their own personal feelings could very well become involved with their own character leading them to pursue agendas in their threads that some other members could take offense too.

That's just my opinion but if this goes ahead, I'm still for it. It makes sense that Pakistan would allign itself with other countries of similar nature to fight a common 'enemy' that had overtaken it, call it pre-emptive or whatever. I've already began a NPC character that has control of a powerful terrorist faction that could play a part in this. Their agenda's I will decide if this goes ahead.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top