The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
SHRPG Political Situation I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
SHRPG Political Situation I_vote_lcapSHRPG Political Situation I_voting_barSHRPG Political Situation I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

SHRPG Political Situation

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SHRPG Political Situation Empty SHRPG Political Situation

Post by Guest March 11th 2011, 1:19 pm

As we know, SHRPG takes place in 2025-2030 (somewhere in that range) and this generally hasn't affected us along with the fact that our heroes/villains rarely involve themselves with big affairs of countries.

However, in Beijing Deal and Finding Excalibur, we did involve ourselves with big country affairs. In Beijing Deal Ferrum, Malady and Woodsman effectively killed off most of China's Communist leadership while Nightkill was selling them weapons and already maneuverering himself to take control of China. Back in Action claims that China then became a military dictatorship.

In Finding Excalibur Woodsman nuked India/Nepal in an effort to kill Nightkill. Back in Action says that Pakistani-Indian relations have turned very, very tense as a result. Back in Action notes that Pakistan and India are arming themselves for a war that seems to be extremely close.

I think that by 2025 USA would have finished up business in Afghanistan recently and has dragged itself out of the recession, but very firmly does not want to interfere with the affairs of other countries anymore. They are obviously number 1 in military but China is swiftly approaching them to become number 1 in economy.

In Beijing Deal Ferrum claimed that Japan declared war on China, but as Viva told me in cbox, that was just a bunch of bullshit he said to make people nervous and cause chaos. This still brought up the interesting question on whether Japan now has a military, and I think it should have a military by now, along with Germany and Italy. Japan is probably now number 4 economy, with India having overtaken it, and Germany and Brazil behind it, but now it's focusing on improving military tech.

Superheroes and villains are common knowledge, and every country knows they exist and quite a few countries like Russia, Japan and others are trying to create and recruit supers for their militaries. As of the events of Beijing Deal China already has the material needed to create a superpowered military.

This is a basic, poorly researched idea of what the political situation is like in this rpg. Suggestions and criticism would be welcome.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SHRPG Political Situation Empty Re: SHRPG Political Situation

Post by Slamfist March 11th 2011, 2:20 pm

Sounds good. Japan would definately have a military, considering the US just lifted the ban on them since things are getting tense with North Korea.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Hana Saku March 11th 2011, 2:23 pm

Normally, it would be a good idea but since Coffinhunter/Woodsman godmodded to nuke the fuck out of India in the first place, it loses quite a bit of credibility.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

Hana's App
Hana Saku
Hana Saku
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade March 11th 2011, 2:27 pm

I thought it was 2014. O_o... they lied.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "I'm gonna fucking die."

Number of posts : 413
Job : Dying
Humor : Help
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 11th 2011, 2:29 pm

I thought it was 2025. That's what they told me before my two month absence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones March 11th 2011, 2:53 pm

I've been told and subsquently been repeating anyone with ears that it was 2014.

SHRPG Political Situation 2cem8ad
Spoiler:
Bones
Bones
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 139
Job : Flatfoot
Humor : Dingy
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 11th 2011, 2:59 pm

Very well, I'll alter it to 2014. I just want an admin to say so and I'll admit it. I'm just saying I believed it was 2025, due to the ten year skip we had after Chapter 3.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter March 11th 2011, 7:18 pm

That sort of power structure seems realistic to me, but it would depend on the actual date, whether 2014 or 2025.

The Spartan
SHRPG Political Situation SpartanPG

The Samaritan
SHRPG Political Situation Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
SHRPG Political Situation Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 391
Job : Tattoo Artist/professional writer
Humor : smart
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 11th 2011, 10:50 pm

Why not? Any suggestions?

It makes sense the stuff we've been doing would have an effect on the world and countries. We can't keep blowing up state buildings and having it not matter worth a damn.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist March 12th 2011, 12:35 am

2024 is the date you've always given us. The site got started in 2008. 10 year skip between chapters 2 and 3. 2 year skip between 3 and 4. 4 year skip between 4 and 5.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 12th 2011, 12:50 am

Four year skip after Chap 5?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropus March 12th 2011, 7:28 am

Slamfist wrote:2024 is the date you've always given us. The site got started in 2008. 10 year skip between chapters 2 and 3. 2 year skip between 3 and 4. 4 year skip between 4 and 5.

Going to have to say Slamfist is right. The site was never intended to start in the 90's, whether you want to say that now or not. This is really confusing.

| Entropus, The Virtual Man |
SHRPG Political Situation SignatureentropusSHRPG Political Situation Entropusgrid
"I aspire rather to be a hero, than merely appear as one."
Entropus
Entropus
"From Darkness to Darkness"

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone March 12th 2011, 8:28 am

Ya, 2024.

"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]SHRPG Political Situation DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Doctor Everyone's Theme Song:
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 436
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 12th 2011, 9:27 am

I'm fine with 2024, didn't mean for the confusion, but isn't the time line twenty years? Wouldn't it be 2028?

I'm not liking this idea though.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone March 12th 2011, 9:42 am

If the timeline started in 2008, and there had been a 10 year gap, a 2 year gap, and a 4 year gap between that, 2008 plus 16 is 2024. Of course we're missing a Chapter 1 to 2 gap, but we're in the same ball park.

"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]SHRPG Political Situation DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Doctor Everyone's Theme Song:
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 436
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top