The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
jeannie is still lost  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

jeannie is still lost

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

jeannie is still lost  Empty jeannie is still lost

Post by Jeannie Rose September 30th 2016, 4:13 pm

so after flying around and taking a wrong turn in Albuquerque Jeannie gets to Newburyport. she goes to her hotel getting her stuff there was tricky motorcycles have little trunk space. so she had to get a taxi for her luggage . once that's sorted out she orders some snacks from room service and looks over the files lost provided her.

huh if he's been around that long and still not caught he must be pretty good at hiding. well since he's well over a hundred years old he could easily fake his death show up later claiming to be a relative and inheriting his past life stuff.

he could very quickly build up a fortune that way, giving him the funds to keep moving about. plus if some of them think his dead they's stop trying to find him. she'll have to look into any living relatives he has one might be him in disguise.

she really thinks to figure out how he's been around so long might help be a big clue into where he might be. then why he picked here a very out of the way location would be good,but his moved around a lot so why come here. is there a connection between here and other places his been see. so looking at the two photos which one should she uses to show people.

will the color one would make more sense to tell people who she's looking for but the black in white one could be useful for asking about any information on his past,as she thinks that might be a clue people that tried to catch him before might have overlooked.

so she finishes her snack and starts her investigation. with the hotel she was in she goes to the front desk. hey there silly question but have you seen this guy? she shows Desk Clerk the colored picture of Vomohvi and an FBI badge will a well made fake that easily passed for a real one,Jeannie finds it to be a great way to get information as people tend to respect authority figures more than a random person asking questions.

also if you could maybe send it to the other hotels to see if they might have had him as a guest.see he's a very bad man so if you have any information that would help with my investigation,I heard he had been spotted in the area.

Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2488
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

jeannie is still lost  Empty Re: jeannie is still lost

Post by The Lost September 30th 2016, 5:06 pm

There was no information about target's family in the area. There wouldn't be such a convenient lead, or else someone else would have picked up on it already. Though, it didn't hurt to check.

The files did explain a bit about the target's methods. Apparently, he simply lived and operated humbly. He had apparently gone off the grid. If he bought things, he probably did it with cash, or otherwise got around paying for things through criminal means. His source of money was unclear, but there was a note about it. Investigations into the cities he was spotted in, revealed that he frequently visited pawn shops and the like. The proprietors of these shops claimed that they did see the target when investigators had shown them his photo. In many of these sightings, the target sold jewelry to these pawn shops. For a long time, it was believed that the target had turned to a life of petty theft to support his lifestyle. However, a footnote in the document pointed out one odd detail. All of the jewelry sold to the pawn shops were all of a particular and unusual style. Gold with gems, and old. Strange and odd things, like a bizarrely designed tiara.

It was a small detail that could have easily been overlooked, but it might be a good lead. It was a good thing that Jeannie had stopped to take the time and pour over the documents. Even if it was while she snacked.

The man at the desk could not tell a real badge from a fake one, however that also meant that even if it were real he might suspect it as fake. Jeannie just did not look the FBI type. However, that was no reason to completely stone wall her. He took a moment to look at the photo and search his memory.

"I do not believe I have seen this man, no," he replied.

"I do not really have the time to play detective with you, either," he added with a shrug. Sure he'd answer her question, but he wasn't about to waste an afternoon emailing a photo to all of his competitors in the city. It seemed like a dead end, and the man was about to turn away but just as he did, he did a double take.

"Ah, well..." he started to say, but then wondered if he should really play along with her for a moment. It would not take much to get him to talk, though.

"I do not know that man, but I know that is the train station behind him," he would explain, something that Jeannie should already know. However, he did go on to add one more detail.

"I know that particular spot. It seems like he's heading towards that old coach to Innsmouth," he'd reveal. He'd point to a corner of the photo, where you can just barely make out the corner of a black travel bus, but its hardly in the photo at all.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To those who go the way, he who has strayed shall be known as The Lost.

To he who has strayed, he has simply forged a New Path.

It is time to take The Next Step
The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 148
Job : Mastermind.
Humor : Twisted.
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose September 30th 2016, 7:09 pm

ok thanks, i'm off to the train station bye bye!
Jeannie leaves and heads to find the train station to look for clues. huh, Innsmouth what's that? maybe one of them old settlements that were abandoned.

could explain why he always had trinkets for the pawn shops if he found a secret stash in an old building.huh, she decides to call Mr.lost
and see if he ever heard about Innsmouth. she takes out her cell phone and dials the number on his card.

hey Mr. lost I think I found a lead I'm heading over to the train station to check it out our guys been spotted there,he apparently has been catching a ride to some Innsmouth. place,you know anything about it, I was thinking it might be a mining where he gets his goodies for the pawn shops from.oh yeah did they ever look into that funky tiara he found? might be a clue to the fountain of youth act his been pulling. like maybe magic it was magic or something
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost October 1st 2016, 6:01 am

"..." The Lost considered what Jeannie had said for a moment.

"I'm not familiar with the area, but I'll have some people look into it. As for the jewelry, we did obtain some but tests on them did not reveal anything strange or unusual. Though, our tests might have missed something if it was indeed supernatural in nature," The Lost replied.

"I'll contact you again when I have more information about Innsmouth. Until then," The Lost would wait to see if Jeannie had anything else she wanted to say or ask about.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 1st 2016, 2:43 pm

okiie dokiie I'll head over to the train station and check it out then hopefully there won't be dragons or anything that can eat me before your people get a chance to tell me dragons might be there .

you might want to get a wizard to check for magic,well ok I'll see what I can find let me know if your people find anything good about the town bye bye

Jeannie smiles as she heads to the train station she has a good feeling she's stumbled on to a big lead with this mystery town.

she gets to the train and looks for the coach she sees a man that looked like he worked at the station well he should know something about it then. hey mister is this where you can take the couch to Innsmouth?
a guy at the hotel told me about it,what is it exactly Innsmouth-like a historical village or something.

was looking for some neat sights to see and it sounded intrsting
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost October 1st 2016, 3:19 pm

When Jeannie began talking about dragons and wizards, The Lost wasn't sure if she was joking or not, but he let her go anyway.

Asking the train station attendant was a smart move. Answering questions like this was basically a part of their job description.

"Innsmouth? Uh... Yes, that's right," He said with some hesitation.

"There is an old bus line that stops here at that corner there," he'd point it out. However, Jeanie might notice that there was no bus top sign or seating at the corner.

"It's not an official line, but it makes stops here every day at 10 am and 7 pm, unless they've changed recently. Its a wonder it keeps running at all, though. Never more than two or three people in it. Nobody but those Innsmouth folk," he'd answer her, though he seemed to talk a bit reluctantly.

"Looks like a terrible rattletrap. I've never been on it," he added. At the moment it was still early in the day, but too late to catch the morning bus.

"Innsmouth doesn't have too good of a reputation around here. Its an odd kind of town down at the mouth of the Manuxet river. More empty houses than there are people, I guess, and no business to speak of except fishing and lobstering. Everybody trades mostly either here or in Arkham or Ipswich. I think a plague hit them quite awhile back, and they never really recovered. Honestly, I wouldn't go if I were you, now if you'll excuse me I've got work to do," he recounted what he knew of Innsmouth to her, but seemed like he was in a hurry. He shuffled off quickly enough. It wasn't long after that Jeannie would receive a follow up call from The Lost.

"Innsmouth is a coastal town. It used to be almost large enough to be considered a city, but its fell into disrepair in the last hundred years or so. Once they had quite a few mills, but nothing's left now except one gold refinery that runs on the leanest kind of part time operation. Apparently, in its hay day the refinery used to be a big deal. In 1846 there was a huge epidemic that tore through the town. They never did quite figure out what exactly it was. It seemed to set upon them suddenly, and fear and desperation led to riots. There can't be a population of more than four hundred people living there today," The Lost would begin to run through the information he was given, trying to pass it along to Jeannie.

"Large stretches of marshes and creeks separate Innsmouth from the rest of the country. There's not much information about it beyond the troubles caused by that epidemic," The Lost would go on to explain.

"No dragons though. By the way... you mentioned hiring a wizard. You wouldn't happen to know any for hire, would you?" he'd be sure to ask this time.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 1st 2016, 5:41 pm

ok then thank youjeannie watches the man go. huh, she seemed in a hurry must be a busy day. she then hears her phone ring its Mr. lost.

hello yeah that's what a guy at the station said,kind sad to think about a town just going down hill like that. he said it might have been a plague or something and that it's not really a vacation destination.

mostly locals there come into towns to trade stuff then go back,sounds like a good place to hide out so Vomohvi might be there plus the gold refinery could make it so he can have a steady supply of gold to take to the pawn shop.

that's good there is no dragons to worry about,but the epidemic things got me worried there might be some resident evil zombie stuff going on. but if the town still functions they probably not zombie infested.

let me think well I meet a wizard but I only saw him once,so that and it accruing at the same time I fell down a well in a tomb I was exploring I might have bumped my head and imagined that.hold on
jeannie looks through her friend list on her phone to see if she knew anyone that wasn't a hallucination she sees a name with a little ghost by it.

right, she labeled them with little pictures to know what things she might call them for. she'll have to mark Mr.lost with a question mark for knows a lot guy.
well my friend malik knows a good bit about magic stuff he has got some fancy swords from a demon when he accidently opened a portal to hell,and when we went to his house one time he had a magic book,

we used a spell to animate sock monkeys. but he probably has more serious ones too,oh then there was the funny chalkboard that rights by itself. he might be a wizard pretty sure having a spell book means your a wizard .

Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost October 1st 2016, 6:11 pm

"Here's the thing about the gold refinery. It's a bit of a mystery where all of that gold comes from. There aren't any mines or ore deposited in the area, and there aren't any reports of large shipments of ore being brought in either. Though, gold ingots are shipped out of there," The Lost only just noticed this as he reviewed the documents sent to his laptop. Perhaps the target was part of some larger gold smuggling operation. If they were smuggling it, it might have been stolen, but if it was stolen then from where, and why isn't it a larger issue? There were too many questions, and not enough answers.

"I think the world would know about it, if there were dragons or zombies in this town, no matter how remote or removed it is," The Lost would comment.

"The New Path conglomerate would be interested in hiring Malik for consultation and advice. Mention us to him the next time you chat, would you?" The Lost stated flatly.

"Feel free to contact me again if you need any more intel, or have something you want to report," The Lost would then add. Again, he'd wait to see if she had more to say.

If not, it would be a simple matter to wait for the bus. How she spent that time would be up to her.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 1st 2016, 7:26 pm

huh ok then I mention it to him,guess I'll wait for the bus then and check it out maybe Mr.sneaky Russian has a smuggling thing there,that's a good thing you said their an't zombies there creepy,ok I'll call in when I have more.bye bye
Jeannie notices a hot dog stand and decides to get a snack she then eats her hot dog and waits for the bus.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost October 1st 2016, 8:14 pm

"Alright. Bye, bye," The Lost got sucked into Jeannie's rhythm before he knew it, and replied with an uncharacteristic 'bye, bye'. There was nothing he could do about that, though. So with a sigh, he tired to let it go.

As Jeannie helped herself to her hotdog, the train station attendant from before returned from whatever busywork he had busied himself with. When he noticed Jeannie lingering around, he seemed to become startled. At first he tried to ignore her, but she was a young (beautiful) girl, and it was hard to ignore the fact that she might have been headed for the dreaded Innsmouth.

"Um, excuse me, miss? You're not... You're not waiting for the bus to Innsmouth, are you?" the attendant from before finally decided to speak up.

"I really think you shouldn't... It's... Well, there's a reason why we locals leave the Innsmouth and its folk alone," he tried to reason with her.

"Haven't you heard... the rumors about that place?" He seemed reluctant to talk about it like before, but concern for her seemed to override his own personal fears.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 1st 2016, 11:12 pm

oh hello again,finsihing her hotdog Jeannie then smiles and waves to the attendantwhy yes I am,I'm doing a report on the mystery of surrounding the epidemic that struck it. though if it actually went there could maybe find out more about it. maybe get some good pictures.

so you say it's not safe to go there? what rumours are you talking about? please tell me why do the other towns avoid it?
Jeannie was quite curious about it. keeping with the reporter character she cast herself in, takes out her note book to add what he might say to the notes she had been taking from lost,and the hotel guy before about the case,will cases.

huh, she has to remember she's here to catch the Russian guy she finds that her curiosity is making sidetracked by the mystery of Innsmouth.
but seems the two are connected. she should probably ask the train guy about Vomohvi well she'll listen to his rumours about the town first.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost October 2nd 2016, 5:07 pm

"Well... I mean... They don't have a good reputation around here... just ask anyone," He seemed like he was afraid to say, but he was quick to say that other people would talk about them.

"I'll tell you this, there's something odd about them. About the whole town. For one, the fishing around here has always been terrible... terrible except around Innsmouth, and just you try to fish in their waters. See how they heckle you and run you out of their waters," His tongue seemed to loosen as he started to complain. It could have just been a small fishing village, a bit overzealous in protecting their trade. It could have been something more sinister.

"Listen, I can't stand here gabbing all day about it, but really just ask around. Everyone here'll tell you that place is no good. You shouldn't go," He seemed eager to leave, after he had his chance to vent. Maybe, he had tried to be a fisherman before he realized his dream of being a train station attendant.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 2nd 2016, 7:01 pm

huh ok then,that's kinda weird,thanksjeannie writes down that the information and decides to call lost and see what he thinks.

hey it's me again got some more information about that town apparently it has insanely good fishing maybe it's something in the water. and the locals don't like sharing their fish. and everyone here says it's not a good place to visit.

something fishy is going on,besides the fish or maybe it is the fish.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost October 2nd 2016, 7:18 pm

"..." The Lost listens to Jeannie's report.

"I see. Well, that's not much to go on. Being selfish isn't exactly a crime, and we're only after Vomohvi, remember? I thought you already decided to follow the Innsmouth lead, anyway," There wasn't much else he could tell her with that. The thing about collecting information from the locals was that you didn't always get useful information. You need to cast a wide net, collect as much intel as you can, then sort out what is useful and what is not.

The benefit of all this work was that you could make an informed decision. However, at the end of the day it's up to the investigator to decide on a course of action and act.

"It's true, there may be more information about Innsmouth that could prove useful to you, but you don't need to keep me informed of every single rumor you hear. Why don't you call me at the end of the day to give me a full report of your investigation- just on what's important," The Lost instructed, making sure to add the last bit to make his point clear.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 2nd 2016, 9:23 pm

huh ok then well guess I'll take the bus and see what I can find there. yeah, I think my phone bill would appreciate me not calling all the time too. I'll call when I get back from creepy vile.

so Jeannie waits for the bus should be coming soon then she can see what the big deal is about this town. she thinks oh crap she forgot to ask the train man about Vomohvi,she looks around and finds him.

hey sorry to bug you again but have you seen this man? she shows him the picture of Vomohvihe's been missing for awhile I'm trying to solve that mystery and he was supposedly spotted here,do you remember a man looking like him taking the bus?
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top