The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Dragon Caught in the Rain I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dragon Caught in the Rain

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Caught in the Rain Empty Dragon Caught in the Rain

Post by The Nekromonga October 3rd 2013, 10:42 pm

Hydrofoil, Shanghai to Macau
Time: 10:00 PM

Xiao sat on her bed in the standard bunk, wearing a simple tank top and jeans, a jacket neatly folded on the bed, and her special wet suit beneath, something akin to a second skin to the Dragon Girl. It was also one of Ellie's gifts to her, an experiment in her special fabric technologies; specifically, the only article of clothing that doesn't get ruined by dragon form.

She was prudent enough to spend extra for a room for herself, to avoiding the sardine can accommodations of economy class down below. The large passenger liner was the transport of choice of mainlanders who would go to Macau for vacation or for work.

Xiao was having a video conversation with Ellie on her iPhone. “Are you sure you’ll be alright?” she asked,

“Yes. I’m collaborating with doctors, and my partners in technology are helping me develop the treaments. Testing results are very positive.” Ellie responded in turn, trying to sound pleasant as to not upset Xiao.

“It will be good to see you walk again... Ellie.” Xiao said, always quick to say a kind word, though she felt slightly off about calling Ellie by name.

Ellie meanwhile, always took a moment to absorb this kindness, finding it refreshing. “I know. Take care in Macau, Xiao. You’ll also ....out.... restaurant....” The video feed froze up, as the signal died out. The dragon girl sighed and ended the call. She looked out the porthole and looked at the heavy monsoon the ship was caught in. As she looked away she noticed her presence. Typical, really, of the Chinese, there’s a weather notice, but the shipping line ordered the ship to sail anyway. The ship rocked back and forth, and anyone who wasn't used to it would likely get sea sickness.

Xiao got out of bed and looked at herself in the mirror, noticing streaks of red in her dark hair. She had also grown up now, her skinny build starting to fill out as she’s dropped the vegetarianism and adopted a diet heavier in fish and seafood.

"Look at you, a dragon growing up." Her reflection spoke, but no, it was not really that. Xiao's inner self, the dragon's blood manifested since Yam's training, spoke to her in her mind, and spoke vividly as to appear in her waking moments.

"..." Xiao though, could say nothing to the figment.

"Don't ignore me, Xiao. I know you can hear me now." She insisted, slightly striking the locker... and Xiao only just noticed she did the same, leaving a slight impression of her fist on the wall.

Xiao walked away from the mirror and sat on her bunk. She laid down to close her eyes and rest, massaging her temple. The headache was not all her though- the lights flickered on and off.... and then went out completely. A silence fell over the ship, as its airconditioning and systems slowly went out one by one.

The ship bunks broke out in screams as the ship violently capsized lengthwise tilting at a 45 degree angle and began taking on water, then shuddered as massive tentacles punched through the lowest decks, rapidly flooding the overcrowded quarters.

Xiao’s breathing quickened as she realized this was no longer the typhoon... the boat was under attack! Xiao accesses the Knightwatch Distress App, her phone having been modified to prevail in these extreme conditions.

"Xiaolongnu to Knightwatch. A passenger liner has capsized on its way to Macau. The Chinese navy may be unable to assist due to the typhoon. I am on the ship now, and will assist... Xiao out."

She quickly stows her items in her waterproof backpack, and makes her way into the hall, balancing on the sloped floor. People were running to the upper deck towards lifeboats, the dark hallways lit only by sparse number of emergency lights.

Last edited by Nekromonga on October 5th 2013, 9:45 am; edited 4 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Dragon Caught in the Rain Empty Re: Dragon Caught in the Rain

Post by XxRedxX October 3rd 2013, 11:09 pm

Nicole was taking a month off from aiding Connor back in Chicago, so far he hadn't kept his promise about helping her find Head Master. After a heated discussion Connor reluctantly gave her information that lead her to Shanghai where she found an old facility for the 'Ghost' program. He believed the Head Master might have taken refugee there which he was half right. Head Master had been there and left a few scientists and trained assassins there to shake up some old contacts in the area. Breaking the senseless killing rule Connor imposed on her, Nicole killed them all but under the disguise of her old alias 'Ghost'.

She was now heading off to Macau to collect herself with some well earned RNR or at least that was what she thought before the boat made its way into a storm. Nicole had been through some tough storms back when she was in the military but it soon became apparent that there was something else going on aboard the vessel. The boat capsized to a 45 degree angle, water rushing into the crowded corridors as those panicking flooded the corridors preventing any feasible escape.

Opening up one of the viewing windows, Nicole peered out into the blistering winds making visibility near impossible. It was either drown down there with those idiots or get to the top of the boat. Luckily, incase there was an emergency, Nicole brought her 'Equip'. Tapping it once, her wrist was covered by the wrist top computer Connor had named the 'Gauntlet'. This little piece of equipment had a grapple hook which after leaning out of the window she shot up into one of the balconies to the next level. Nicole proceeded to drop out the window and retract the grapple pulling herself to the next level where she climbed back in.

The storm was horrible and Nicole wasn't about to get thrown overboard. Tackling a door, Nicole tumbled into a scarcely lit hallway, turning onto her back she watched as the door flailed out of control from the rush of wind and water. Kicking it hard, the door slammed shut giving her a slight bit of reprieve. Taking a breath, she looked down the hall and potted a woman. She couldn't make out to many details but she had a slender frame.

"Hey, any idea what is going on? There were no announcements downstairs from the captain. Are they still in control of the boat?" Nicole got up, stumbling as the boat continued to rock back and forth; her feet sloshing in the water making her groan at the discomfort of wet footwear.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Caught in the Rain Picnikcollage

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2134-red
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2869-violet
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2733-blue
XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by creator October 4th 2013, 5:17 pm

Roseria was calmly walking in the halls of the constantly shifting halls on the boat. She was assigned to protect some mega billionare as he made his way to his vacation spot but she managed to lose him and his crowd of body guards when the boat first tipped and he began to panic. She sighed and irritatingly walked through the floor soaked halls of the upper deck. She was about to give up but she had a little demon girl with her. Her name was Karah and she apparently didn't know where to go. She was probably around 12 but she looked 14 or 15.

"Are we looking for that man you were with earlier?" She asked looking up at Roseria who was now walking into another room to look for the man.

"Yeah." She replied as she stroked the shave part of her head. She did this to calm her down when she was mad.

Karah nodded and began to run around looking in the rooms ahead of her. She smiled and got to some stairs.

"I'm going to check the next floor under you wait here till I get back." She said then disappeared behind the door and down the stairs.

Roseria laughed lightly to herself as she watched the girl leave. The little girl was just like any other girl on the streets except she was covered in burned skin with streaks of lava in it. Her hair was a beautiful brown and her eyes were bright orange like the streaks of lava on her black skin. She had two horns that sprouted from her head and formed beetle like mouths. She had sharp medium long nails and a tail that swayed as she ran like a scarf on her waist. But even with all these features she had the durability and other physical aspects of a regular human. Even though you can throw into a building and her body still be intact she would be knocked out for long periods at a time. And blades could easily wound her but not kill her but she would cry and pass out as if she was about to die. She wore a black skirt with some black and white knee high converse and a white dress shirt and black tie like roseria and her hair was tied back into a wild but beautiful ponytail.

As roseria stood in the halls she decided to call her king and tell him the story taking place. The king nodded and smiled softly at roseria through the ice mirror she created in the water on the floor. She nodded and dissolved the ice mirror just as a scream went off downstairs. Roseria rushed to the stairs and went onto the next floor as following the screams. She busted through the door and was about to pull out her fan when she saw Karah standing on some crates with a few mice swimming past her.

"Just like a girl." She thought to herself as she relaxed and began to walk towards Karah. But she couldn't shake the feeling like she was being watched.

That abnormal chill washed over her but nobody was behind her. All the doors were closed completely and if anyone was there they would've been knocked off balance by the constant tipping by now. She just shrugged then picked up the scared karah and began heading back up stairs slowly so she didn't fall.

Helia-(Hero)
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6880-super-hero-1

Yumo-(renegade)
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t6905-blood-weaver

Eeli-(Hero)
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t7307-creator

Karah (Renegade)
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t8099-karah-helstine
creator
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus October 4th 2013, 10:47 pm

After another long day and the usual routine of nonsense that came packaged with it, some people just wanted to be alone and rest. Forcewave had managed to do the first thing. He was certainly alone, all by himself at the Knightwatch base. He was on duty tonight, and as a result, was not getting any rest. Too busy examining the computer and all of the cameras to make sure all was good. He wanted to surf the internet or play some games or something in the meantime, but that was not exactly approved of use of the base's supercomputer. The reception on his phone was also terrible here. So he was just passing time with hero duty all while waiting for his shift to be over.

Forcewave was looking over some important documents. Ones he was mostly sure he was allowed to look over. Suddenly, the emergency call signal went off. Somebody from the group was calling in for assistance. Forcewave answered the call to hear the message that was being left. The distress signal was coming from all the way in the western pacific ocean. It was coming from Xiaolongnu, the dragon girl who had joined recently. Forcewave had yet to actually meet her, but he knew about her. Her report was of a crashed passenger liner in the middle of a typhoon. The situation was definitely serious. Forcewave replied back with assurance that help is on the way. "Message received. Assistance is being sent immediately. It'll be there as soon as it can. Stay safe in the meantime." he said in reply. He didn't want to tell her that only one person was available to come help her. Forcewave used the computer to get the coordinates of Xiao's and thus, the ship's location. Now, he could be on his way there.

Considering the ship was caught in a typhoon, he would have to use those teleporters. It would be dangerous to attempt to fly the jet in a typhoon for ever an expert. He had never flown it all, nor any kind of jet of any kind. It was definitely too major a risk to take. Yeah, he would have to use the teleporters, even though they kind of made him nauseous, and longer trips made things worse. Oh well, it wasn't too bad. Forcewave grabbed his coat for the massive amount of rain that was sure to be there, then proceeded to the teleporters. He set the coordinates in accordance with the signal from the distress call. Then, the process began.

Not long afterwards he was there. The heavy rain and wind, endlessly rocking boat and screams of fear alerted his senses before he was even fully aware that he had arrived. He was on the deck of the ship. He looked around and saw nobody. Everybody must be down in the haul. Perhaps trapped. This ship was rocking uncontrollably. The damage must be really bad. Forcewave ran towards the doors and tried to find his way to the control room. Maybe if he found the captain he could be of greater assistance. In the meantime he also needed to find Xiao. He only knew what she looked like from her profile picture though. This might be hard. As he was proceeding down the stairs he could hear the sounds of panic around him. He got down and looked around. People were already heading towards the upper deck to get to safety. Then he saw her down the hall. He carefully hurried over towards her to find out what was going on. "Xiaolongnu, I'm here. What's going on?" he asked of her.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga October 4th 2013, 11:48 pm

Ship Outer Deck

Given it was both dark and raining, had he the ability to, Forcewave would actually see chaotic evacuation measures amid the ship's lights, the Chinese crew bravely standing in the rain wearing highly visible neon vests, trying to get civilians into the covered lifeboats. The ship had tilted to make traversal extremely difficult, though crew fought hard to make sure the lights were on and people were leaving the rapidly sinking ship. This was no mere force-of-nature cause, as the ship was sinking much too fast from simply taking on water. Something was pulling it under...

On the Water

Lifeboats were already in the water, visible by the lights on people's life vests and the boats' own lights. The panicked screams of the civilians were drowned out by the storm, but something else was amiss among them- their emergency lights began flickering out, as passengers and lifeboats were being scuttled into the water...

Passenger Lower Deck

Emergency system on the ship flickered back on, and the speakers broadcasts a message.

"Attention all hands and passengers! This is Captain Zhao! This is a call to abandon ship! We are in unusual circumstances and staying on the ship is no longer safe! Women and children first on the lifeboats! A man who saves himself before others is a dishonor. God help us."

The ship People were half-climbing and half sprinting up hallways to the outer decks, as the ship was   taking on water very quickly. Some people tried to be helpful and aid others, but others were being selfish and pushed past women and children to save themselves. There were many ways out, but given the cold water induced panic, people were doing what they could to survive.

Xiao looked at Violet with a strange face, wondering if she was waiting for Xiao to give her all the answers. She had a hunch, nothing more. "...Aside from the ship starting to sink and a storm outside?"

And then, just like that, her ally in Knightwatch had materialized out of nowhere. "...Mister Forcewave! The ship is..." Before she could restate the obvious, the ship turned in its side again, causing the hallway they were in to turn. Xiao held on to a wall, which became the floor in this dizzying disorientation. Water also began rushing into the rotated hallway they were in, pouring in from the portholes and submerging the entire hallway in cold sea water, suffused in dim emergency lights. It would literally be seconds before the hallway would be completely submerged. Xiao went underwater, and came up for air and to talk to them.

"...Okay... we should... get out and help..." She said, offering yet another obvious course of action.

It was then that Xiao smelled it- her draconic senses picked up the smell of blood being spilled down below, in the overcrowded economy class suites. Not death, just fear being spread on the already tired and confused passengers... Then from the stairs down, the water became alive with the gnashing of teeth, as a person feebly trying to get past the trio in the hall screamed in pain, as a dog-sized piranha bit down on his shoulder. Xiao caught the man and quick pried off the creature by the jaw. the monstrous fish squirmed in a frenzy, biting down on Xiao's hand- it hurt, but thankfully didn't cut into her dragon skin.

In a fit of natural retribution, Xiao bit off the thing's head off! naturally killing it. To Xiao, they were food... Xiao passed the survivor to Forcewave subconsciously, as she could sense the creatures coming up from the depths.

"...Demons... demons..." The man's face was pale, unable to make eye contact with Forcewave. He was in shock, though his bite didn't seem that deep. There was a nice big black slug on his shoulder though.

The Fang Spawn's friends were swimming up the stairwell from the lower decks, and there were alot of them. ALOT more.

Fang Spawn, Lots of

Int 1 Str 5 (bite) Spd 5 (swimming) Dur 2 Fs 2

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX October 5th 2013, 10:48 pm

The boat seemed to be fighting the group, as it tossed and turned throwing every one about. When a man suddenly materialized before herself and the other young woman the boat once again kicked from one side to another. Nicole steadied herself and held on as water began rushing into the hallway. From a door way a man was attempting to make his escape but soon from behind razor sharp teeth latched onto him. The young lady tore the beast from him and ate it herself, Nicole to this point thought she had seen a lot and there wasn't much more to be seen but it seemed this girl, Xiao is what the man called her and she called him Force wave.

"and here I thought I left all the action back in China." Nicole tapped the equip, her suit forming around her body and acting almost like a wet suit. She left the helmet off, however, it was good against smoke but they weren't designed for water. "We need to get to the next corridor and seal these things off!" Tapping the equip once more, the RNL SMG appeared in her hands, it was as mall compact gun which could use both stun rounds as well as live ammunition. Considering the circumstances she had it loaded with live rounds. Staying facing the door, she back peddled towards the next corridor with her weapon trained forward being careful not to flag the other two who were there. One of the fish leapt up from the air, giving Violet a clear shot. She let out a few rounds and watched as it became a red paste.

Looking out the corner of her eye for a second, she could see the damage done to the survivors body. They might not be able to take a bullet but the fish sure as hell seemed like they could bite through most anything, just hopefully not doors.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by creator October 5th 2013, 11:20 pm

Roseria and Karah were entering the lower deck when rose heard shots being fired from the hall. She hesitated to open the door and when she did she wished she hadn't. Water rushed in and swept up stairs almost taking Karah and Roseria with it but rose grabbed onto the railing and held on until the water calmed down. When she was able to move she began to dolphin kick towards the door. Water had flooded the hall and on the far end near the door that lead to the deck was a group of people fending off some fish things. Roseria swam out the stairway and went towards the fight, that was the only way they were going to escape.

Roseria thrusted her arm forward and a trail of ice swam through the water like a sea snake wrapping around one of the sharp toothed fish creatures and froze it in a block of ice then the ice shattered and so did the fish thing. Roseria looked back and saw that Karah was beginning to pass out from lack of air. Roseria rolled her eyes and swam faster clinging tighter onto Karah until she got to the people ahead then she tried to gesture that her friend was about to drown.

Helia-(Hero)

Yumo-(renegade)

Eeli-(Hero)

Karah (Renegade)
creator
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus October 8th 2013, 7:08 pm

Forcewave had arrived on the ship to help out. Things were clearly much worse than he would have thought. This was definitely an emergency going on here. Just why was it so bad though? How badly damaged was this ship? Just how had it gotten that damaged? There had to be someway to help out here. Someway to get everyone off the ship and to safety. This was going to be difficult. First he went to find Xiao, knowing that accomplishing the task of saving these people would be easier if they worked together.

He found her in the hull, along with some other guy who seemed to be trying to help out on the ship as well. The ship seemed like it was about to go under at any moment. They needed to hurry. It turned over and they were thrown into the wall. Forcewave took the impact poorly and hurt his left elbow. He grimaced in pain as the hallway started to flood. Water was pouring in from the other hallways. They needed to get out of here or else they would drown. The incoming water quickly submerged them, and he thought he was wet before. Forcewave swam up to get some air and looked towards the nearest exit. "Let's get out of here now." he told the others as he gestured towards their escape route.

There was a man swimming towards them. He was heading for the same exit that they were. Suddenly, some thing came out of the water and bit him on his shoulder. The blood started to leak out as the creature's teeth sank in to the skin. Forcewave swam over to him as Xiao removed the fish thingy from his shoulder and killed it. He grabbed the barely conscious man and began to try and pull him towards the exit. He noticed a large slug attached to his shoulder and electrocuted it off of him. Since he had no experience with lifeguard training techniques so this was going to be rigorous, and there were more coming. You could tell by the way the water rippled in their direction.

Forcewave pulled out a hookshot and fired it up the stairwell. He then used it to help him climb up it and towards the door to the deck, along with the injured man who was slowly fading. He looked down towards the others to see if they could make it up. "You guys need help down there?" The ship continued to sway back and forth, making it hard to maintain balance up there.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga October 8th 2013, 11:15 pm

Xiao nodded to Violet's suggestion. "I'll do it. Hurry up outside, it's not safe in here."

"You go on ahead, I see one more person coming up the stair well... don't worry, I can't drown." Xiao said to Forcewave, before diving back into the water.

The entire hallway was now completely submerged, and only the outside deck of  the ship was safe. Chinese crewmen flashed lights and yelled if there were any more survivors, helping them to the lifeboats.

Xiao swam 'down' to the stairwell door and helped Roseria and Karah, locking lips immediately with Karah to give her some breath. Xiao then swims carry them both, to lead them 'up' to the ship's outer decks. Once done, she swam back down, ripping the remaining creatures apart with the ice fragments made by Roseria, until they were less than a nuisance and the water thick with mutant blood.

She could smell alot more of these amphibian-fish creatures coming quickly. She broke off a piece of wall railing and shut the door, securing it. It was then Xiao came face-to-face with a sleek humanoid on the otherside of the door... Xiao could tell it wasn't human, as it was aquatic, and very angry. It tried to force the door open, but gave up and swam away.

The crewmen assisting Violet, the two girls and Force gestured for them all to climb into the lifeboat, carefully securing the man who was attacked by the mutant fish. Once the lifeboat was in the water, one could see the situation in the fierce rain- lifeboats were being scuttled, and not by the strong waves, as people were thrown into the water and being dragged down forcibly. Whatever was behind this attack, they ensured that the humans would be utterly helpless to resist. Xiao only just manages to catch up with them on the lifeboat, climbing in and gasping.

Also, Xiao was covered in those giant slugs, and had a layer of slime on her!

When lightning flashed in the sky above, one could make out the people dragged beneath the water, their vest lights still on. The large, dark silhouette of an alien ship outlined by eerie green pinpoints of light appearing in an instant before being concealed again by the darkness.

"...Did you see that?" She asked, catching a glimpse of the craft, while beginning to remove the slugs that were adhered to her. Xiao's eyes seemed to droop, as the slugs' paralytic properties were attempting to overwhelm her with sheer quantity. A few of the slugs leap at Violet, Forcewave and the others on the lifeboat, also trying to deliver their paralytic slime.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX October 10th 2013, 9:00 pm

Having made it outside the craft and onto the life boat, Violet couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. There was something bigger going down but there was much that could be done. Feeling helpless as she and the rest of the survivors were lowered via lifeboat into the very waters that had capsized an entire luxury liner. Luckily though it seemed the Xia had made it though she was covered by a ton of those slugs. Some of them started leaping at Violet, her suit would prevent them from latching on to anywhere but her face so she used her arms to swat the ones that jumped at her away as she also tried to brush them off of Xia.

"Those things can't be good for your health, everybody don't let them touch you!" Violet called out over the thunderous waves as she tried to help Xia and the other passengers.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by creator October 10th 2013, 9:29 pm

Karah was crying now. The spray from the waves as the washed and crashed into eachother along with the boat. Roseria looked around and began to panic. She held onto karah as leaches began to jump at them. The girl who helped them into the lifeboat was now helping the girl who saved karah. She was covered in leach like things that were constantly jumping from host to host. Roseria's hair slid down the right side of her face as she looked around to see if anything else was happening.

Passengers were going down underwater and something was lurking beneath it. The only real time it was noticeable was when the lightning struck and a black silhouette covered in lights appeared under the ocean. It was big and the sight of it everytime made roseria's heart stop and it made karah squeeze tighter. Roseria began to talk to karah to calm her down but karah was to scared. That's when a scream went off from a familiar voice. Roseria turned and saw the target she was supposed to protect in a lifeboat overrun with leaches. Without thinking roseria pulled out her fan and swung it with all her might as she quickly distorted the wind around her.

A gust off wind rushed across the water as she pried herself from karah's grip.

"I'll be back in a minute Kar." She called over the storm then she ran across the floating ice trail constantly swining her fan in front of her. The man was screaming and yelling for help once she got there as leaches covered his body. She pushed her hand forward and shards of ice flew into the leaches causing them to shrivel and disintergrate leaving organs and pools of blood. She got back to the other life boat with the rich man but the second he was safe the last of her ice caved in and she fell into the water.

If only for a minute she saw everything. She saw the people getting dragged under by these things. She couldn't describe them but she knew that their purpose was not good. What was even worse was that floating in the middle of the water just under the surface was the bodies of men. Some were taken downward but most were killed by the fish things from earlier. Roseria couldn't comprehend what she was seeing. All she knew was that Karah was definently going to be in danger and she didn't like it. She finally broke surface as hands grabbed her and helped her back into the life boat.

"Karah we have to go NOW!!!!" Roseria was serious she wasn't going to let karah get taken but then something knocked on the bottom of the life boat lightly.

Helia-(Hero)

Yumo-(renegade)

Eeli-(Hero)

Karah (Renegade)
creator
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus October 15th 2013, 3:16 pm

They needed to get out. That was for sure. They just couldn't. Not yet. For one, they couldn't get the door open. Forcewave was the only one by it and his hands were occupied with trying to hold on to the injured man he was carrying. Xiao had left to go retrieve a few more people caught down below. All those predatory fish thingies were still swimming about. She'd better be careful or she'll get ripped to shreds by their sharp teeth. Plus there were those nasty slugs. "Come on, Xiao. Get back here alive. Get back here, get back here." he was thinking as he tried to get the door open and get them all out.

The door was opened. Forcewave looked up to see some of the ship's crew standing there, ready to assist them in escaping. He handed the injured man over to them and let the others exit before doing so himself. He was waiting for Xiao to get back, and was going to wait, but the crew was forcing him out and onto the deck so they could get to the lifeboats. They were led into the lifeboat when she got back covered in slugs. All around them the boats were being knocked over and attacked by more of the fishy creatures.

What were these things? Where were they all coming from? And what, what was this massive thing coming up from underneath them? Forcewave turned to Xiao to help her with all the slugs that were latched onto her. They sensed the danger and leapt off to attack everyone in the boat. Forcewave briefly generated a minor barrier around the boat to electrocute all of the slugs without harming the occupants. As soon as it faded he saw something underneath them. The people that were being dragged underwater were being led right into it.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga October 17th 2013, 10:44 pm

A small fortune graced the survivors, as the storm was beginning to subside, the downpour slowing to a light rain, the booming lightning and thunder subsiding. the waves were no longer as turbulent, but many were taken among the survivors- not all, but many.

By now, Roseria's resistance had not gone unnoticed, her abilities calling the attention of the shadowy figures that were manually dragging the captives to the ship below. Dark and tumultuous as the waters were, these shadowy figures were vaguely humanoid, and had glowing red eyes trained on Karah and Roseria.

The boat was now filled with dead slugs, thanks to Forcewave's energy pulse. But this time, Fangspawn leapt up from the water to attack the others in the boat, the fish-amphibian monsters biting and clawing. Violet too, would come face to face with the monsters, the thing covered in a translucent slime, making it slippery, its maw opening to reveal a filthy, fang-lined orifice spewing a foul smell. These creatures' attacks were now directed to targeting the ones with metahuman abilities, their massed cannon-fodder tactics meant to divert their attention.

Swimming some paces away, hidden in darkness and dark waters, three of the figures opened fire with their alien rifles, gas powered needle guns aimed at Karah and Roseria, Their needles were laced with a powerful, debilitating toxin, and these attacks were meant for paralyzing, not killing (int 5 weapons). Individually the needles could be resisted, but with multiple doses even the largest prey could eventually be brought down by attrition. The mystery attackers were prudent as well, trying to pick off the weakest of the bunch rather than facing them directly.

Xiao slowly shook off the effects of the slugs, their venom dampening the rage of her dragon blood. She tried to get up, but found her vision groggy. She saw a Fang Spawn climbing into the boat, and even as it bit into her forearm and drew blood, she did not feel it.

"Mister Force... I need... I need a shock to transform... these things are, making me weak..." She muttered, desperate for the power of her dragon form.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX October 17th 2013, 11:45 pm

"F--- you!" Nicole cried out, as one of the humanoid fish creatures leapt from the dark waters and sank its orifice of sharp, jagged teeth into her arm. The suit prevented the teeth from sinking into her skin but the things jaw closed with bone crushing strength. Violet cried out in pain as she repeatedly punched the creature in the face with her free hand. The foul stench of the creatures breath burned at her nostrils as she desperately tried to get the thing to let go. Tapping the equip, Violet had had a combat knife in hand and quickly jabbed it into the skull of the creature, its body falling limp but the jaw locked in place.

The others were having trouble, surveying the other passengers it appeared that the creatures were targeting the meta humans on board as well as herself. There was no way they knew she had any powers beyond the device on her belt. Flipping the knife so she held the blade by its tip, she threw it with precise accuracy which made a load thud noise when it hit another one of the creatures head. Suddenly, a needle hit Nicole in the neck causing her to call out in pain once more. Her other hand still locked in the jaws of the long dead creature, she used he free hand to pull the needle from her neck.

'my vision...getting blurry...' She thought to herself, tossing the needle in the water as she looked up to Xia who was struggling after all the leeches were on her. All thanks to forcewave for frying them but they literally had bigger fish to fry. Violet could over here Xia mumbling to herself about needing a shock to transform, Violet could only hope that transforming meant surviving. Tapping the equip again, she had a bolter in hand equip with the shock rounds, she pointed the gun at Xia but she was obviously unsteady. Between the pain from the thing still latched to her arm and the needle she was running out of fight.

Just as she was preparing to pull the trigger, a second creature came out and grabbed hold of Violet pulling her off the boat. Things seemed to slow down as she desperately tried to stay on target. As her head began to submerge into the water she pulled the trigger, hoping the shock round would hit Xia and what ever it is the she transformed into was enough to save them.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by creator October 18th 2013, 9:08 am

The situation was quickly growing out of hand. This thick jawed fish things were now leaping out of the water and onto the boat repeatedly. One of the girls that helped roseria had one stuck to her arm which was wrapped in a kind of robot like suit so it didn't break skin but from her cry Roseria assumed it hurt. She looked around for a safe place to keep Karah while she helped them stop this madness but her vision was blinded by the rain and constant lightning. She looked at karah who was holding onto her wet skin tightly burrowing her head into roseria's sternum just under her breasts. Roseria patted karah and spoke to her calmly which she assumed would get to her above all of the chaos.

"Karah calm down it's going to be okay, just calm down." She said with a gentle smile as everyone on the boat screamed and cried.

Karah was looking at her then nodded and began to wipe tears away and go to help protect the boat from the fish creatures. Just as Roseria began to calm down the girl with the robot suit was snatched from the edge of the boat after shooting something. At that same time Karah was thrown backwards by something big that swung at the water as she tried to paddle the boat to a safer place. Roseria looked at karah briefly but her back was turned. She went up to her and tightly grabbed her shoulder.

"Karah I'll be right back." She said then she backed up and jumped off the other side of the boat to help the girl who helped them. She wasn't doing this to do a good dead, she knew that doing this wasn't going to change a single thing she did over the past 300 years, but this girl saved her and karah which is something she would never forget.

It didn't take long for roseria to find the girl and she quickly began to freeze the area around the woman in an attempt to help her free herself. Roseria hopped that she hit te mark but she wouldn't be sure until the girl freed herself, if she freed herself.

Helia-(Hero)

Yumo-(renegade)

Eeli-(Hero)

Karah (Renegade)
creator
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top