The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_vote_lcapRinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_voting_barRinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_vote_lcapRinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_voting_barRinne's 30 Days of Marvel I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel Empty Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel

Post by Super Cutie May 18th 2012, 12:54 am

I feel like doing this thing here.
I didn't make this list up at all, but w/e.
More of you should do this. It'll be fun to compare.

Spoiler:

Let's kick this off with Day 1: Favorite Character

Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel Darede10

My favorite character is, without a doubt, the Man Without Fear!

I may like Captain America enough to have a picture of his shield on my arm forever, but Daredevil will always be tops to me. It’s a bit weird to explain why I like something as much as I do, but I'll try my best here.

As a kid, I was a huge fan of the Spider-Man cartoon. Through that, a few guest appearances in some of the comics I’d pick up here and there, and the 2004 movie (I may be the one person alive that likes that damn thing.) I had a passing knowledge of the character though I was never really enamored with him like I am now. That all changed a little over six years ago now, when I heard about Kevin Smith’s (yeah, that kevin smith) well received Marvel Knights revitalization of the character from 2000, “Guardian Devil”. I picked it up at a borders, but didn’t exactly have time to read it.

About a month later I found myself in the hospital. It was a suicide attempt. The closest I’d come to actually accomplishing it. (I tried to overdose on Prozac, because I have a sense of humor.) Obviously this was a low point. I wasn’t allowed to leave the hospital for a while, and there was really nothing to do there but read. I had someone bring some of my comics by and that Kevin Smith trade was one of them. It was the first one I tore into, and ever since it’s held a special place with me. There was even one point in the story where Matt Murdock nearly attempts suicide himself, but obviously our hero pulls through. I guess I just figured if I could be like him, I’d do all right. Some people find God in situations like that; I found the Devil. (hurr hurr hurr. you know i had to say it.)

From that point on I kind of latched onto all things DD, and I haven’t regretted any of it. He’s a great, complex, and very human character. In my opinion he manages to do the whole human drama thing every bit as well as Spider-Man, while doing the whole gritty noir detective thing even better than Batman. He does it all while blind too! I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Last edited by rinnegato on May 25th 2012, 3:31 pm; edited 5 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel Empty Re: Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel

Post by The Conspiracy May 18th 2012, 1:33 am

This looks interesting.

Spoiler:

My favorite all time character of the Marvel Universe will be none other than The Wall Crawler!

Okay for my reason's that I have is that Spidey has great qualities that I like when I was a kid. Like the adventures he have, in one comic he's fighting the Green Goblin and another he's fighting an alternate reality version of himself. It kept me curious on what kind of adventure he will be on in the next issue and still does.

The other thing I like about Spider-Man is the wisecracks. He would tell jokes while fighting villains that could kill him, and it kept things not always serious. I also like his morals, like he doesn't have the ability to take the life of someone else. He just isn't Wolverine!

The other thing I like about is his selflessness, nobility, and heroism when he pushed away his loved ones to keep them safe for their own good. These things were the right thing to do and everybody here knows it.

These are the only things I can think of why I consider Spider-Man as my favorite, so I might edit this or not.
The Conspiracy

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Painstake May 18th 2012, 2:44 am

OOH! A project! I'm down!

Spoiler:

My very favorite hero, The Spirit of Vengance!

I always love when fiction turns the expected on it's head, and Ghost Rider is my very favorite example. A hero powered by hell, bringing vengeance where e'rr a soul hath sinned. Who better to punish man for it's wrongdoing than hell itself?

It helps that Ghost rider has, for my two cents, the BEST single superpower ever; the Penance Stare! It's powered by the victim; every bit of suffering ever inflicted by the recipient at once. I have a bit of fixation on redemption and comeuppance where heroics go. Ghost rider give what is deserved, no more and sure as hell never less!

Bonus: Just look at him! LOOK AT HIM! Even compared to most known badass heroes, I think just the sight of Ghost Rider is enough to fill the pants of even the most hardened criminal.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Painstake Character Bio
Spoiler:

"...when death comes it's swift and, my friend, we end up all the same..."
Painstake
Painstake

Number of posts : 22
Job : Emergency Operator
Humor : More often than not
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring-Heeled Jack May 18th 2012, 8:30 am

Ooh! This seems like fun! I'll kick off day two with my favorite villain

Spoiler:

This guy is my all time favorite. His arrogance and bravado are believable when done right, or at the very least entertaining. His constant feuds with the various characters of the Marvel U has given him some interesting rivalries. Not just the obvious Reed Richards and FF one, but there's also Doctor Strange, Spiderman, and more recently Black Panther. Not to mention the other villains, like Loki and Magneto. His a super genius, who's mastered tech and magic, and he's super strong and doesn't afraid of anything! He talks in the third person a lot too, so that's a plus. Besides just how dangerous and driven he is, his origin gives the character another layer and explains his motivation a little more. He's out for world domination, yes. But what makes his motivation a little more interesting than the common man aspiring to be a global dictator is that he sincerely believes the world will be a better place for everyone if he's in charge. And the scary part is that he may be right.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spring-Heeled Jack
Spring-Heeled Jack

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace May 18th 2012, 10:52 am

Ok, I'm probably going to fail horribly at this but hell with it, seeing as it's still day one here i'l do day one. 
Spoiler:
My favourite marvel character is simply Web-Head
Why spidey? My reasons are three-fold firstly is the spiderman cartoon from 2002(The actual cartoon was the 1994 one, but it was still aired here at the time), it was amazing, in my little mind I was there with spidey swinging through New York. I can't stress how big of an impression this had on me at the time, which leads me into my next point.
Spiderman 2 The Game, I'm not talking about the PS2 one, im talking about the PSX one. For those of you who didn't have the privilege of playing this spectacular game it was based on the comics, you versed shocker, beast was there, you could play with a bag on your head. It expanded quite a lot on my extremely small knowledge of marvel at the time.
And finally my final reason, ultimate spiderman, in my opinion the best of the ultimate universe. A few of you may know i started reading ultimate spidey early this year, it is quite obviously the first comic series I've ever really gotten into in my life.
For those main reasons I hold spidey as one of my favorite superheroes of all time

I used to have a signature
Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : no

Number of posts : 380
Job : Your Local
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Orcris May 18th 2012, 12:20 pm

I know its day two so I'm a little behind. My two favorites have actually already been picked by others.

Hero: Spidey

He's got his morals in the right place, he throws jokes at villains, he uses his brains to win a lot rather than brawn. Plus I'm a 90s kid, if anyone who watched Spider-man the animated series doesn't at least have him in their top three then they are quite odd indeed.

Villain: Doctor Doom

I think Jack covered it for me on this, I would just be almost rephrasing his comments on the subject.
Orcris
Orcris

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 18th 2012, 3:44 pm

It's till day 1 until Rinne posts day 2.Every 24 hours really.
Hero: Well this was a tough one.Marvel has several hero characters that I love.However viewing moments of them doing awesome things doesn't compare to those that I can connect with in which case there are far less.Of those 1 in particular stands out.He's already been listed as an answer several times already so really nothing more to be said other than"Spiderman"

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie May 18th 2012, 4:24 pm

It is day one still, but its all cool since I doubt I'll be home tonight or tomorrow.

Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring-Heeled Jack May 18th 2012, 4:33 pm

Oh! Well my bad...I just thought..the wrong thing lol I'm sorry man. Well, I'd put my favorite hero but Acermaxi beat me too it.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spring-Heeled Jack
Spring-Heeled Jack

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 18th 2012, 5:23 pm

Day 2 can start then

Favorite Villain:
Spoiler:

Why?I have based several villain characters in RPs I've done off this guy.Particularly his personality.He's so diabolically evil yet it derives entirely from simple insecurities such as jealousy and the desire to be accepted.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach May 18th 2012, 8:18 pm

Day 2: We're doing villains then?
mmk.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

"A man who barely maintains an armistice with himself has no business poking about in a foreign soul"
Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 293
Job : PsYcHoTiC bAtMaN
Humor : THE MAYOR'S FRIENDSHIP IS A UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Silence May 18th 2012, 9:03 pm

Alright, since I'm not around a lot, I'm gonna throw in my two cents in these categories.

1st cent: Favorite Hero

My Favorite Hero is a mortal man, a mere human, not that many people would call him that. He is a man that stands against all odds, his strength coming from his greatest weapon, his belief. His charisma so great that he has led fights against gods, his determination so great that he stands in the face of monstrosities. He is known as the leader of the Avengers, the Star Spangled Avengers, the Sentinel of Liberty. My favorite hero is none other than...

wait for it...

STEVE ROGERS aka CAPTAIN AMERICA
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel Captain-america-movie-update-big

Even though Steve is nothing more than a mortal man, he stands as a symbol for how all superheroes should be. He is more than a soldier, he is a good man. What I consider his real reason for becoming the candidate for a super soldier is because he is such a good man, the very definition of his character is that he is a good man. Even when he was weak and sickly, Steve was still a brave and selfless individual.

In addition, he's not superhuman, he is just the best that a human can possibly be. Were it not for his shield, he would normally have died from many encounters, but even without it, Steve would never back down from gods or demons. Indeed, Cap is a man who I admire, and what a hero should be like. His charisma is so strong that even ones as arrogant and powerful as Thor and Hulk would be willing to go under his command. Steve Rogers has more than earned his place as my favorite hero.

2nd cent: Favorite Villain

My Favorite Villain is someone that everyone should know, an all powerful, majestic, superior being. A mortal man who has bested Gods, Demons, and the most powerful mortals who are vastly superior to himself in the sense of power and intelligence. A man who has fought the Avengers, The Fantastic Four, X-Men and a massive amount of Marvel's Heroes and Villains. My favorite villain is none other than the man who refers to himself in the third person.

VICTOR VON DOOM!!!
Rinne's 30 Days of Marvel Doom-has-pimpcup

Now as I usually state in the chatbox, the ruler of Latveria is my favorite villain for many reasons beyond just the fact that the man is extremely awesome looking. He's so awesome looking, he was one of the inspirations for the appearance of the famous Darth Vader.

But despite the fact that he is a mortal man, Victor Von Doom has raised himself to be one of the greatest villains in Marvel. He has mastered science and magic alike, originally considered nothing more than a mid level mage to becoming one of the greatest magic masters in the world to the point of being considered more knowledgeable in magic compared to Doctor Strange. With science alone, Doom managed to tame the Odinforce, stealing it from Thor.

Even with his great talents and powers, Doom is still not the strongest in whatever he has, but that doesn't matter. He has proven himself able to handle those that call themselves gods and has encountered characters with superior intelligence and skill. But still the man with clad in armor still manages to prove himself better. His attitude, the way he considers all beneath him, even the fact that he names everything after himself and refers to himself in the third person, I love everything about Dr. Doom.

Last edited by Kaptain Sharkteef on May 19th 2012, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Silence
The Silence

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Karny420 May 18th 2012, 10:21 pm

My Favorite Marvel Hero would have to be Gambit, because as I a kid he was always my favorite out of all the X men in the cartoon, and my mom's friend who is now in prison, gave me my first comic books, it was the first 2 gambit books from the 90's which I just refound at my Comic shop, I picked them up and reread them for the first time and it reminded me why I fell in love with comics in the first place, the raw emotion through the art in those books was so great.

My Favorite Villain would have to be Magneto cuz I dont really follow Marvel and other than Red skull Hydra and the major Spidey villains he is the only one I found myself enthralled by when he came across my panels, and he still gets my undidvided attention when he appears in something I read
Karny420

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Painstake May 19th 2012, 1:14 am

Hmm... Lots of Spider-Love in this thread!
Too bad not everyone loves him... enter my favorite villain

Spoiler:

The dreaded Alien Simbiote!

Ambiguous morality rolled into a drippy, fangy parody of the human form? SOLD!

Firstly, i love that Venom wasn't all bad; He was a lot more three-dimentional than some evil-for-the-sake-of-evil villains. Heck, the simbiote was rejected by it's own species for sparing lives! His motivation was highly personal; who among us has not felt burned by rejection? Venom is that very feeling taken to an extreme.

Secondly, I love that he's almost a dark parody of Spider-man. IRL Venom started out as a costume experiment for Spider-Man's artist. Funny enough, he has become one of the most iconic marvel villains. Inspiration is often a fickle thing and can strike out of nowhere; this thing that was originally meant to be on a hanger in Peter Parker's closet became the bane of his existence.

Lastly, as mentioned on day 1 i'm a sucker for good looks! Venom is straight-up terrifying.

Painstake Character Bio
Spoiler:

"...when death comes it's swift and, my friend, we end up all the same..."
Painstake
Painstake

Number of posts : 22
Job : Emergency Operator
Humor : More often than not
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tman1Q May 19th 2012, 6:43 pm

Alrighty then, while were on the topic of Favorite villians AND Alien Symbiotes:

Spoiler:

The Malicious Deadly Symbiote

Let me go down the list.

Unlike the revenge filled Venom, Carnage had no morals whatsoever. He will kill, slice, stab, and slay his way through countless innocents without hesitation. He's a coldblooded killed, and to make it even worse, he is inhabiting the body of an insane, bloodthirsty Cletus Kassedy to make the ultimate Deadly Duo. Wether it is against Spider-man or is own Symbiote Father, he continous to display his Violent, Malice-filled personality. Ever since I watched him on the 1994 Spiderman Cartoon, I knew that he was a villian worthy of the name Carnage. The way he took the life of pleading victims without even blinking along with the fact that even against Spiderman and Venom he was a force to be reckoned with. He was able to inflict fear on his enemies just by letting them know he is alive, making him even more deadly. These were just a few of the many, MANY reasons why Carnage makes the top of my list of Favorite All-Time Villians.

He's just that cool.
Tman1Q
Tman1Q

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top