The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA midnight stroll - Page 2 I_voting_barA midnight stroll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ghost
A midnight stroll - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA midnight stroll - Page 2 I_voting_barA midnight stroll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A midnight stroll

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A midnight stroll - Page 2 Empty Re: A midnight stroll

Post by Chellizard December 17th 2011, 11:39 pm

Nathaniel sighed and looked at her, his head tilting from left to right. "Well, since you do believe in free will, I'll just have to dance alone tonight." He began to sway, his wings curling to form the shape of a dress around of a woman. The long feathers swayed and moved freely in the light breeze that hugged the rooftop. He was just humming a simple waltz, the faint sound of thunder being his metronome. He looked at the girl a few times and then moved to her, his wings folding to his back. He took one of her hands into his and placed his free hand along her waist, above the belt line. He was being polite. He kept a good six or more inches from her, as well. He stepped left and made a light tugging motion to have her follow. "I just cannot take no for an answer. After all, you are more of a stranger to me right now than I am to you." He grinned and allowed his left brow to arch in a very sly manner.

Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 5015
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingbird December 18th 2011, 12:30 am

True, I am the more mysterious one right now. Mockingbird thought to herself as Nathaniel spoke to her. "I still don`t know how to dance." She told him, the hormones chipping away at her wall of defense. The man dancing alone did amuse her a bit though, the wings that formed the body of a woman mostly. Come on Estrogen, not now. She wasn`t fighting him when he put he put his hand on her hips and on her own hand though. I really hate you right now. Mockingbird thought to her hormones. Do this some other time, not while I`m in costume. Even without the costume on it`s annoying. She also didn`t resist the slight pull away from the tugging motion he made. She was confused, part of her enjoyed this and the other part was finding this far more awkward than she could explain. Maybe other people felt like this the first time they danced. Yeah, but they didn`t dance with someone they just met on a rooftop after fighting crime.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mockingbird
Mockingbird
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2011-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 18th 2011, 12:43 am

Nathaniel simply allowed himself to just sway with the girl, keeping quiet apart from his humming, going in small circles around the rooftop. His humming slowed and he ended the melody with a few soft words. "Wasn't so bad, was it?"The whole time they were dancing, her emotions were just peeling him apart. The anxiety she was feeling made his heart palpitate with some form of joy. If anything, he was addicted to this girl's troubled mind and even so, how secretive she was about herself. He let her hand go, squeezing gently before stepping back, a bow following afterward. He was still soaked to the bone, but felt no form of temperature. He was indeed an odd one. "So, tell me, Miss Mystery, what exactly does one do on a nice Chicago night like this? Oh, and, we can include more dancing if you'd like." He gave her a soft smile, his form taking a comfortable set of steps backward from the woman, giving her space to breathe and relax. He, again, had to force himself from feeding on her emotions.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
A midnight stroll - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingbird December 18th 2011, 1:05 am

Andree was panting slightly from the dance. It didn`t exhaust her but caught her off guard and the feelings she had during it increased her heart rate. His question too caught her off guard "For me? Same thing I did to the guys back there until 4 a.m." That is what she usually did. And after all that how did she get thanked? By two hours of sleep. It was exhausting but it was something she felt like she had to do. Something that she did to help people. Something that the cops seemed to be incapable of doing. And of course, it did help that she hoped it would help her impress her Dad. He was one of the reasons she started on this path, helping people was the other. Helping people was what kept her going now. There was too much crime in this city that the cops couldn`t deal with. And since she had powers, why not use them to help people? It was what baffled her about super criminals, why did they do what they did? They have powers, it doesn`t make them better than anyone else. It makes them worse that they do all these terrible things. Powers were a gift, not something to be used as they are using them. Not for evil. But she pushed these thoughts out of her head for now, she could dwell on figuring them out later. For now, she should be focused on the present.

Mockingbird
Mockingbird
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 18th 2011, 1:14 am

He nodded and gave a smile. "Ever thought of doing anything different?" Nathaniel swayed, his whole body shuddering from the overwhelming sensation this woman's emotions just poured over him. She hadn't even answered him, and she was probably not going to be able to answer him. He had to double over just to keep from vomiting. His stomach lurched and he gagged. He rose a hand in a "stop" motion, his form stepping back from her. His head started to hurt immensely. He growled to himself and looked up at her. "Can you do me a favor and stop having mini anxiety attacks?" He coughed until it felt like he was going to lose and lung. His chest heaved and he shook his head, standing upright, sighing lightly. He apologized, silently, his wings drooping to the "floor." He looked at her and sighed yet again. He pulled a rubber band from his wrist and pulled his hair into a ponytail, keeping it from his eyes. "Tell me.. What should I call you?" He was sure that she was flipping out, but he was keeping a mental mantra to block her out for a while.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingbird December 18th 2011, 2:29 am

Smiling weakly, Andree said to Nathaniel "Sorry, I have those about every five minutes. By this point i should have it trademarked." Leaning next to him she asked Nathaniel "Are you okay Nathaniel?" She may have just met him but she genuinely cared whether he was okay or not. She felt this way with most people though. Despite trying to stop her anxiety attacks, she couldn`t stop it. Is he okay? Oh, you brought this on him yourself! Idiot, idiot, idiot! Woah, woah, woah. Calm down a bit. You`re going to give him another one. Wait, how does he know if I`m having an anxiety attack? Of course, stupid powers. Her hands were tapping against her thigh when she told him what to call her "Mockingbird, that is what you can call me."

Mockingbird
Mockingbird
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 18th 2011, 3:57 pm

He stood upright, slowly. One of his hands moved and patted the top of her hooded head. He stood taller than her, of course, taking note that her eyes would, if not looking up, would be staring at his chest. The name she gave him was odd, but he figured it was an alias. "Mockingbird? Lovely, but I'm thinking of something else.. I'll call you Molly. It's a girl's name, and it suits you." He grinned toward her and took a deep breath. The wind was full of an icy chill. Winter's calling. A gunshot. Loud, and unsilenced, was heard just below them in an alley way.

Nathaniel had heard it before Mockingbird even had a chance to register. He grabbed her by the waist and let his wings spread. He stepped to the ledge hovering the alley and then stepped off, keeping a comfortable grip about the girl's waist. She seemed a bit heavier with whatever armor she was wearing, but he could handle it. His wings formed a sort of chute shape and allowed them to drift to the ground. He landed silently, his feet barely touching the ground. He allowed Mockingbird to be placed down, too. "Stay." he commanded.

He stepped away from Molly, moving with grace toward the man holding the gun. He had fired a shot up in the air and was now, shakily, holding the piece at a group of teenage boys. They looked to be about 18 or 19. Nathaniel chuckled. His chuckle broke the silence. His form was in the shadows, and his inky wings and dark suit helped hide him. He stepped forward, into the street lamp. "Drop the weapon." he said. Being someone who found it fun to act as either a hero or a villain, he was able to do things like this often. The man turned slowly, keeping the gun in his hand, finger stroking the trigger.

"Wh-who-I me-mean wh-what are you?" the kid asked. This man, boy, teenager, looked to be younger than the group. The other four hightailed it out of here, the lone boy just standing there, holding the gun weakly. "It's not your concern as to who or what I am. Drop the gun and go home." Another thing about his emotion feeling powers was odd. He was learning about them now, so they were developing quite well. He willed the feeling of security onto the boy, and it went so far as to reach Molly as well. Nathaniel, though, had no idea he had done this. The boy turned, though, dropping the gun as he walked away.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingbird December 18th 2011, 6:17 pm

Oh god, Im actually flying. Sure some guy is holding me, but still.Andree thought to herself as Nathaniel flew her to the ground. Her gliding was nothing compared to this. It felt so free, so amazing. There really was no comparison. As they landed, Nathaniel told her to stay where she was. Stay? I am not a dog. She thought as she ran forward, pulling out her Bo Staff. "Hell no, Im not staying there." She said, charging forward. But as she approached, she stopped and waited for Nathaniel to do something to start it. But all he had to do was speak and the man dropped the gun and walked away. As he spoke, a wave of security washed over her. Safe, like she was at home with her parents. Not as if she was out fighting crime. Why am i feeling this? She asked herself, keeping her eyes locked on Nathaniel from the opposite side of where the crowd was. Walking over to him, she whispered to him "What did you do there?" It wasnt like most people could just coax a man into dropping a gun and walking away. But that wasnt what puzzled her. it was the secure feeling she had felt at the same time. The one she still felt. It couldnt be a coincidence that the the man dropped his gun and she felt this as Nathaniel talked. There had to be some kind of connection.

Mockingbird
Mockingbird
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 18th 2011, 7:39 pm

Nathaniel merely looked back toward Molly. It was weird that he was giving her a name already, but she was honestly growing on him. He let his walls down and allowed Molly's emotions to affect him. He felt them, and then turned to face her. He held a puzzled look on his face, his brows furrowing. His lips pursed into a scowl before he relaxed and smiled. "For once, you haven't made my inside twist and turn. I wonder why... are you feeling well?" He rose a brow, his own obliviousness was overwhelming. He chuckled again and looked at her. "Wasn't that amazing?" he asked, turning from her and walking to grab the gun. He dismembered the gun in thirty seconds flat, his left hand holding the ammunition. He threw the bullets down the ally and said, "bang!" The speed he had thrown the bullets, and with their collision on the wall, they ignited. The sound was like fireworks.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingbird December 18th 2011, 8:05 pm

"Umm, fine. I am a bit curious about something though. When you spoke and made the man drop his gun, I felt something. It was weird, secure almost." Mockingbird noted. Her fingers were fidgeting on her thigh as she spoke. it felt weird to talk about her feelings. She didnt do it with anyone. But she had to figure out what was going on. It wasnt like it was very in depth. It was only a general sensation anyways. This stranger had something weird abut him, besides the wings of course. She flinched as the bullets cracked against the wall. "Well, at least they are unusable now." Her eyes were staring into his, not his chest this time. Maybe hormones have decided to give me a bit of a break. She thought to herself thankfully. "Would you like to find something else to do." Mockingbird asked him, hoping he would take it as more crime fighting. Crime was never done in Chicago it seemed.

Mockingbird
Mockingbird
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 18th 2011, 8:28 pm

"I can sense and feel emotions.. but I never knew I could make others feel what I want them to feel. Odd." He barely muttered the end of his sentence, a confused look etching into his features yet again. He sighed and shook his head. "I doubt it was me who made you feel secure. Maybe it was just the feeling of watching someone else do something good?" He made a few hand gestures, talking in his southern accent. Southern being English south, not American south. The accent was usually hidden by a plain, sort of musky tone. His damp clothes were getting to him, finally. He wiggled slightly and shrugged toward Molly. "First, I'd like clean, dry clothes. Then perhaps we could stir up some justice?" the end of his sentence was a bit sarcastic, but it was just for fun. He waited, patiently, while Molly thought of an answer. His wings ruffled and stretched, relaxing yet again.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingbird December 18th 2011, 9:04 pm

"It was not that, I have seen others fight crime before." Mockingbird told him, thinking about her father. "Yes, I suppose if I was in your position i too would want some dry clothes." Indicating to her suit, she continued "This thing at least is waterproof." This she was thankful for in this weather. She had tried to be prepared for anything when designing her equipment. It was both water proof and fire proof for wet and hot situations. Looking down at her suit, she could see it was dripping in rain. The water would have drenched normal clothes, which Andree was glad she wasnt wearing. On the inside, she was nice and warm. The suit also had a built in heater which was what was keeping her toasty. She felt a bit of pity for Nathaniel, who was soaked to the bone and probably nearly frozen. "By the way, something besides Molly would be nice." Mockingbird told him, the name annoyed her a bit but she still wasnt going to tell him her real name.

Mockingbird
Mockingbird
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 18th 2011, 9:31 pm

Nathaniel nodded to her, thinking about what had happened with his powers. His power, really. Besides that, he was a somewhat skilled fighter. He knew his way with a blade, and even simple moves. He was also quite fast, and his wings were useful for flight and even a shield. He started to unbutton his shirt, his eyes locked onto the motion his fingers made while moving down the shirt. He pulled the shirt tail from his pant waist and let the item of clothing fall to the ground. He stretched his arms up, leaning to the right, and then leaned to the left. He repeated the motion twice before letting his arms return to his sides.

"Well, calling you Bird is ridiculous. So is calling you kid, cause I doubt you are one. I could just call you Midnight or something. You're mysterious, and dressed in black." He shrugged and sighed. "Well, even Midnight is odd. It reminds me of a horse or something. I suppose I'll just stick to Mockingbird, or Moe." He grinned and stretched his wings, allowing them to flap, lifting him up. He sort of hovered there, his wings flapping to keep him in place. The wind that was picked up nearly blew Mockingbird's hood off. "So, clothes.. and then we'll find something to do, eh?"

He held out his arms, beckoning Mockingbird with his fingers curling toward himself. He meant for her to leap into his arms."Or, you could just stand here, alone, and I'll find you again. Your choice!"

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingbird December 18th 2011, 9:55 pm

The gust of wind blew her hood off for a few seconds before Andree`s hand instinctively shot to her hood to pull it up once more. Her brown and blonde hair had been blown back out of her collar so she had to tuck it back in. Her mask had still covered the bottom of her face and served one of its many purposes, to disguise her when her hood fell off. She was thankful she had it, so that she didnt reveal her face to Nathaniel. "Yeah, we can do whatever you want afterwards." She told him, hoping it didnt involve more dancing. "I will come with you. I am not doing much good standing on rooftops right now." She said, unsure about hoping into his arms. "I think I may just run along behind you thanks." It could be a trap.

Mockingbird
Mockingbird
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 18th 2011, 10:07 pm

Nathaniel chuckled, his words a bit cut up, "Have fun keeping up with me." He said, his wings pumping to pull him into the air. He reached the height of the building that had once been on in about five seconds, flat. And that was him coasting. Once at that height, he pulled himself higher, his wings pumping yet again. His overly pale body was hidden in the dark of the alley, but once in the moonlight, the large scar on his abdomen was there, plain as day itself. A cross shape covered most of his solar plexus, and dipped past his belt line. It was a mark he was given for betraying a cult back in his "younger" years.

As Nathaniel flew, he wasn't even bothering looking back. If she could keep up, then that was great. Nathaniel wasn't that far off from one of his sisters safe houses. He only hoped he was still in the palm reader log, and that she hadn't changed the key code to allow entrance. The house was disguised as a mini mansion type country home, settled in the lovely suburbs outside of the main city of Chicago. It wasn't that far off, so he reached it quite quickly. Once there, he landed softly, crouched, and stood upright. He turned 'round and looked about, wondering if Mockingbird had kept up or not.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingbird December 18th 2011, 10:31 pm

Mockingbird`s feet pounded across the rooftops of Chicago. Her soles were not burning or being destroyed by the sprint she was in. She had started off at a normal human run before picking up speed to superhuman. A car would drive at her speed but no human could run it. But She was no average human. She switched her vision to heat vision so she could see Nathaniel above her. Following Nathaniel, she leaped across rooftops and past cars. A couple of people looked up, confused at the dark running figure that had ran past them. Mockingbird landed on the street below as the cars started to disappear. Her feet and legs were a blur of motion on the street she had landed on.The shadowy, female figure arrived right behind Nathaniel as he landed. "Here!"

Mockingbird
Mockingbird
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top