The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapEvening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_voting_barEvening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapEvening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_voting_barEvening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Cobalt
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Evening in The Capital (OPEN)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty Re: Evening in The Capital (OPEN)

Post by TheArsenal September 24th 2011, 5:14 am

<...Arsenal chuckled when Clayton, as he was now known, made the crack about the labs. He vaguely remembered a story about some sort of heist where a Jack of Diamonds was found at the scene, but his status as a thief would have to be ignored. Going up against whoever this was was going to require some help, and this Clayton guy seemed to be able to hold his own. He just needed to calm his nerves a bit and he would be a useful ally. Geoffrey was unsettled at the news that this guy was a thief. He keeps quiet about it though, because Jefferson seems to know what he's doing, and Clayton probably wasn't interested in lifting any candy-bars or soft drinks. Arsenal writes on a blank receipt slip as he speaks...>

"I guess the lab is a bit cliche but it proves useful time and time again. If you want Cliche, this guy is sortof my butler."
"That's only cause your whole shit would fall to pieces if you didn't have a levelheaded individual like myself looking after you."
"This is true. Well, Clayton, can't say I really know much about a 'Jack of Diamonds' but I'd imagine you're good at what you do if you don't make big news all the time. You don't have to disclose any of that to me of course, and I won't be asking you any more about it. For this... the less I know about your work, the better. Here, I wrote quick directions to my base of operations on this. It's deep in the woods so, I hope you've got a car."

<...Arsenal passes the blank receipt he wrote on through the glass via the metal box contraption...>

"I'll be there tomorrow. Meet me at eight thirty. I'm going to look at this scalpel and see what I can find out from it, I'll also see if I can track down any connections to this Patches guy... actually feel free, if you think you can, to find out some more info as to what his operations were in D.C. We need to find the pattern."

<...Jefferson enjoyed the idea of having a knowledgeable connection to the underworld in his corner, at least for now. It would make the detective work a little bit simpler. As long as they didn't get into each others way during their respective "streets business" this should work out without incident...>

"So you're in then?"

TheArsenal

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2011-08-12

http://soundcloud.com/fuzzy-slippers

Back to top Go down

Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty Re: Evening in The Capital (OPEN)

Post by Super Cutie September 27th 2011, 3:55 am

Atleast they had senses of humor. Clayton smirked. Were he on the other side of the law, Clayton might have even been friends with them. He reached for the receipt through the metal tray in the glass, and gave it a quick look over while Jefferson instructed him on when to meet him and what to do between then and now. He planned on investigating on his own, anyway. He continued to silently eye the receipt.. Did he really want to team up with Arsenal? They were on the same side. Clayton preferred to work alone, but what if he met with nothing but dead ends? It would be foolish not to accept any help. He pursed his lips for a moment as he swallowed his ego before looking back up to speek, “Of course I’m in. I’ll figure out whatever I can and meet you at eight thirty” He turned and left immediately. He did not mean to offend his new allies; he just wanted to get to a place where he could make the calls he needed to make.

Clayton spent several hours making phone call after phone call. They were all the same. As soon as Patches was brought up, they all sounded scared; too scared to say anything. It was one dead end after another, and Clayton was sure that everyone was tired of late night phonecalls. Not to mention that too many questions could be bad for his health. He decided to try one last contact. It was Sal, another old man from Patches’ day.

“Clayton. I was wondering when I’d get a call from you. You shoulda came to me first. Woulda saved you a whole lot of trouble. I know what you’re gonna ask, but I’m gonna let you do it anyway.” The heavy Brooklyn accent spoke through the phone.

“You know, Sal, most people just answer the phone ‘hello’, but go on. What do you know?”

“More than I’d like too, but still not enough. You ever heard of The Doctor?”

“ Maybe. Probably not though. Name sounds kinda generic, don’t you think?”

“And here I was hoping I would be able to spare some of the details. Before I go on you gotta promise you never heard this from me, and if you go after this guy, you gotta end it. All right?”

“Promise.”

“All right…”

Clayton was supplied with information to give Arsenal and himself a few leads on the killer. He still hoped Arsenal was able to learn more than he was. The more information; the easier finding The Doctor would be.

He slept in and left a bit later than he would have liked to. The heavily wooded roads were not easy to navigate, even with Jefferson’s directions. He was nearly half an hour late when he pulled up to what had to have been the spot. A cabin in the woods, was that his lab? It was the only building around. Clayton was unsure of what to do at the door, so naturally he knocked and hoped he was in the right place.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Evening in The Capital (OPEN) - Page 2 Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down