The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:36 am by Cobalt

» Trigger
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Hitcher - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Hitcher - Page 4 I_vote_lcapHitcher - Page 4 I_voting_barHitcher - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Hitcher - Page 4 I_vote_lcapHitcher - Page 4 I_voting_barHitcher - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hitcher

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hitcher - Page 4 Empty Re: Hitcher

Post by Ember_Fangs June 6th 2011, 6:15 pm

Gracie froze slightly when the man leaned in through the window and began talking. Her jaw tightened as she looked at him then at the others. When he told her to put away her knives she slowly slide them back into her bag. She didn't fancy being shot in the face with a riffle cms away from her face. Her long dark locks fell slightly over her face as she glared at the man as he began talking to Sachin.
"Leave him alone - and us as well we're not getting out of the car," she said with as much confidence as she could until Danny said something about moving. Gracie flinched back at the loud crack of the gun and squealed slightly when she got splattered slightly with blood and flinched, moving away from the drivers seat and basically on top of Danny when the man slumped forward into the car like a rag doll. Gracie's eyes widened in pure shock at the state of the man, brains half blown out. She went pale and covered her mouth as her stomach threatened to empty itself. The smell of blood as well as the sight of it was making her stomach churn.
"Oh my god..." she muttered and then touched the cross briefly on her chest before glancing to Danny whom she was sitting on. "S-sorry..." she stammered and then forced open the car with her bag now, to face the other men, drawing out her knives again.

"How about y'all just let us carry on our way then nobody else needs to get hurt?" she asked slowly, her voice trembled slightly still in shock from the dead body nearly falling on her. She was a kid after all, she wasn't use to being around dead bodies. None of the people she'd been in the gang with had died. Hurt, yes, but not murdered or killed. Only their leader had seen that and Gracie hadn't been jealous of him for it. Now she pitied him. No wonder he had thrown up for hours.

Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 7th 2011, 12:09 am

Sachin had been listening to Grace with some confidence. Maybe they'd get out of this.

And perhaps the moon was made out of cheese.

Then Danny blew the thug's brains out. Sachin suddenly saw what a half blown skull looked like in real life, in case he ever wanted to accurately draw it. Movies weren't very specific. They showed a neat bullet-hole. But this had the smell, the feeling (some blood hit him, not much), and the strange red mist from his brain fluids contacting with the air. The thug's formerly handsome face was now blown off on one side.

Sachin didn't barf. This wasn't because he was brave. It was because his brain was not fully understand what he was seeing. The man's head could NOT be blown off. That didn't happen to people like him. The most exciting or scary thing that happened to people like him was that he ran out of milk and the store was closed. People like him did not see half-blown skulls.

The thug gave a groan of pain. It was a long groan, the groan of a dead man. "The...hell...." he croaked, coughed once, then he was still. His remaining eye was still wide open and staring into the sky.

The remaining thugs did two things. Half of them ran for it, seeing that their leader was dead. The other half started shooting, seeing that their leader was dead. Sachin ducked as a bullet flew through the window and nearly hit him. If he hadn't ducked, and had been two inches higher, what happened to the thug would have happened to him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cowboy June 7th 2011, 5:18 pm

The thug was dead, that much was certain, and was no longer a threat and a large portion of the other vandals were running scared, meaning there would be less to deal with. Although something Danny had not expected happened as well, the two other passengers were in shock or something resembling it and they were not reacting as quickly as they should have been. Gracie was just sitting there. She would get hit by a bullet if she did not get down soon. Grabbing her by the shoulder and pulling her lower into the seat so hopefully she would stay out of harm’s way and responded to her as well, “It’s fine, you are scared. Just try to get your head in the game.”

He was ducking down as low as he could and got as far out of the way of the bullets as he could but it still was not enough. A bullet pierced clean through his left shoulder and everything seemed to go quiet for a moment as he was struck with the intensity of the wound in full force but he quickly came to, knowing that he would only be a hindrance if he zoned out. Danny shot the pistol in the general direction of the thugs, he did not want to risk putting his head over the dash, and tried to see how bad the shoulder wound was. Watching his blood mix with the thug’s, the god hoped that this would be over soon because the last time he had been to war he had nearly been killed, it had not been a fun experience.
The Cowboy
The Cowboy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs June 8th 2011, 5:05 pm

Gracie squeaked - yes she actually squeaked; a girly high pitched sound which would not have been expected from one such as her - as Danny shoved her down on the floor of the car, she ended up half in his lap, half on the floor between his legs, tucked safely out of the way of the bullets. She covered her head with her arms instinctively when there were smashes of the glass; bullets whizzing through the air and into the glass. She had her eyes open when Danny got shot and her eyes widened like saucers.

"Oh my god...!" she grabbed his shoulder gently and applied pressure as best she could. How dare they hurt one of her passengers?! Nu uh! No fricken way. The thermal energy she had been saving up reached the limit and added to anger she managed to swivel up into the seat and pushed her hand out, palm facing the men still standing there. A wall of thermal energy was thrown at the men - imagine the heat you get from the sun built into a solid wall. The bullets melted as soon as they hit the 'shield' and Gracie's eyes narrowed, her fingers moved and the wall disintegrated and formed bullet like shapes, firing each into their chests or heads. If she missed one Danny seemed to get them. When the road was littered with blood, glass and bodies did Gracie slowly slump back, wiping the blood from her lip which had come from a nose bleed due to the energy surge. She was exhausted but content that the danger was gone.

"We need to go..." she said numbly and scooted over to the drivers seat, looking to Danny. He couldn't drive and she was exhausted. The car was dented and covered in glass.
"We need to ditch the car... would these guys have brought a car? Maybe we can take theirs... if ours is empty the cops will think passengers are dead then we can get you to a hospital..." she frowned to Danny. The car was in no shape to be driven. Numbly she climbed out of the car, her legs shaky as she held the roof in support, eyes closing while her other hand gripped her back pack.

Where would they have left a car?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 8th 2011, 8:22 pm

"No hospital needed." Sachin said, seeming shaken up. He placed his hand on Danny's wound and blue light shone around the area. The wound began to close, and the pain began to subside. Sachin chuckled. "And I always figured healing was a useless power." he smiled weakly and nervously, glancing at Grace. "Suppose it's a better one than I expected."

Then another bullet barely missed his head. "I'm not sure if I can heal headshots. Let's get out of this car now." he looked out the window. Hmm.... "You see that cluster of trees and bushes? I think it's just enough to hide a car...and it's pretty close to the road if a getaway is needed." Realization dawned on his face. "And running there is going to put us in the line of fire. We can run, but we might get shot. And I can't heal someone if they're already dead."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cowboy June 8th 2011, 8:54 pm

The feeling was indescribable, it was not hot or cool and it did not hurt or feel good, it was something the long lived man had never experienced, something he never got to say anymore. His wound healed, making it as though he had never even been shot there before, and something else felt different too. Danny knew what it was after a half second thought; his adrenaline was pumping faster than it had ever pumped before. The god had been in war before, most of them in fact, but he had only had the chance to fight alongside supers once or twice and never like this.

He reached into the glove box real fast and pulled out the bulk of an AK47 out of it, although he had to reach back in with his free hand to get the clip, and loaded the gun. Getting out of the driver side door and pulling Gracie down so she would not get shot, he looked to the two heroes and said, “I’ll use this,” he indicated the automatic rifle, nothing special but it would be nice and flashy, “you use this,” he then handed the boy his pistol. “I’ll lure them out and when you see them, shoot.” The plan was horrible and he knew that but there was not a lot else he could do.

“You’ve done a good job so far,” he said to the girl that seemed to be a little light headed, “we’ll finish from here though.” He then stood quickly and ran in the opposite direction of the hidden car, the one they’d be lifting in a bit, and shot his gun off randomly in the direction of the thugs. This was not the first time he had been bait before but the feeling was always the same, terror.
The Cowboy
The Cowboy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs June 9th 2011, 3:11 pm

Gracie honestly wasn't registering much and it was just sheer luck that she hadn't been shot just yet from the cowards firing from a distance. Not that their aim was any good anyway. Her watched the healing in an odd state of mind; she was watching it with a tired clarity as if it was normal and the world was full of imps or something. If Danny hadn't dragged her down she would have fallen down. As it was she half fell on top of him and leaned into him, her eyes closing slowly. She honestly just wanted to sleep but the stubborn itch she got was saying she should be awake and helping.

Grace forced her eyes open and blinked slowly, forcing her mind to focus and for her vision to clear. Danny's words actually settled in her mind and she was confident she was gaining some experience with the power which often lay dormant in her blood.
"I'm not... letting you and comic kid here go risking your lives without me," she muttered and then pushed her back pack onto her shoulders and took two deep breaths. But she would be better at hot wiring the car than fighting. Grace glanced at Sachin with a gun and then lifted her lip up at the corner into a half smile.
"See ya in a sec," she patted his shoulder then sprinted to the car. Bullets fired and she pulled on the reserves of the energy she had and threw up a shield of heat in front of her, the bullets melting as it hit the solar shield. The shots stopped just as she got to the car and she hunkered down in the long grass. One guy stood with a gun, straining to see what was going on.

Slowly she crept forward, coming up behind up. She stood up slowly and then swung a punch at the side of his temple. The man went down with a thunk and Gracie grabbed the riffle and shoved it into the back of the car while she settled into the front, pulled out a knife and set about putting her lessons on 101 hot-wiring a car, to the test because of course the man didn't have a key on him or in the car. Stupid idiots, Gracie mumbled as she got a spark and the car purred to life.

"Oh baby how I love that noise..." she whispered and then gently toed the gas, testing it. She pushed her back pack onto the floor and looked up to see Danny and Sachin firing their guns off. Without a moment hesitation she floored the gas and yanked the car up in front of both of the guys, drawing another barrier around the car. Bullets fizzed and melted puddles of metal slunk to the floor.
"Get in, I can't hold the shield for much longer," she hissed. Already she was seeing splotched in her vision.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 10th 2011, 1:18 am

Sachin had watched Grace go to the car and knock the other man out in surprise. It happened too quickly for him to act heroic and tell her not to risk her life. Though what he really wanted to do was go back to his home in LA, hide under his bed, and whimper.

The heroes in his comics never had these issues. They faced all their challenges head-on and bravely. Cept Anish. Of course, Anish was based on Sachin... But he did eventually stand up to the archdemon Beelzebub himself. And he survived it. Compared to that, a bunch of thugs with guns were pathetic. When Grace patted his shoulder, he felt braver. He could handle this easily. Just a bunch of thugs with guns, nothing to worry about-

Then his ear was blown off by a bullet. Sachin winced in pain, but there was a mist of blue light, barely seen, and his ear began to grow back. He started firing at the highwaymen, but was sure not to actually hit them. Murder disgusted him, and he didn't need that on his conscience. He didn't know how he'd sleep at night, though Danny evidently didn't have that problem.

Then Grace came with the car. Sachin sighed in relief, then ducked as a bullet flew over his head. He opened the door and got in the shotgun seat. He then took a few deep breaths. "Sorry for being so useless." he told her. He then yelled "Danny! Get in the car!"

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cowboy June 10th 2011, 5:50 pm

Danny heard the revving of an engine as it came to life and looked over quickly to see what was going on, seeing Gracie had gotten to her feet and was jacking the car that they were going to use for a getaway car. The girl was definitely a warrior, something Danny rather liked, and was driving it in no time while at the same time making a shield for protection. The boy was in the car faster than he seemed capable of moving and was yelling at Danny to get in the vehicle. Danny did not like being told what to do, being a god did that occasionally, but did as he was told and ran for the car and jumped into the backseat through the open window.

He did not get up until he felt the car was moving and had left those thugs behind. Once it was he sat up in the seat, in between the two front seats so he could look at the two people in the front. Leaning forward so he could talk to the two people more personally, first he turned to Gracie and said, “You did amazingly,” he then gave her a little pat on the shoulder. Then he turned to the boy, the happy look from before gone, “I saw that you were aiming too high to hit anybody.” It was not a question it was a statement and it was clear from the way he spoke, Danny was not happy. Not at all.
The Cowboy
The Cowboy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs June 10th 2011, 6:43 pm

Gracie had no idea how she kept the shield up but she managed it. When both the boys were inside she floored the gas and they whizzed off round a corner and down a long stretch of road. She wasn't sure where she was driving really, just that they were in some small town on the fringes of the state Illinos. She just kept driving till she was sure they were safe and as Danny and Sachin talked. It felt heated in the car and not the good kind of heat! Danny was soft towards her, gentle, to which she replied with a nod and a small smile. She had done good and felt rather pleased with herself. Even if she was tired now. Lightly she rested her chin on her hands, her eyes drooping slightly. She was exhausted... no way would she make driving to Chicago and it was getting late now. They were in some small poxy little town which seemed to go on forever and advertised how they were a good 6 hours away from Chicago. She wanted to cry or scream, either one.

"He's a healer, healers don't kill, please don't fight," she mumbled and pulled over at a diner and turned the engine off."I need food and sleep. Unless either of you want to drive all night then we should just try and get a hotel room and some food. We can set off again in the morning," she said, rubbing the temples on the side of her head. Hot chocolate and pancakes were calling to her from the neon sign in the window of the too-sweet diner.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 10th 2011, 7:36 pm

Sachin sighed, placing his head in his hands. "I don't kill people. That's not how I do things. You might be a God, and you might see things different than us humans. But for humans, killing is not what we do. For good ones, at the least. I don't need a murder on my conscience and karma." he said. He felt something at his feet, and picked it up. His face brightened. "My backpack!" He looked inside. "My phone, my laptop...and my drawings." He gave a sigh of relief. "Thank God."

When Grace said she was getting sleepy, Sachin shrugged. "I can drive for you Grace. Might as well be useful. I don't get tired as easily as normal people anyway. Must have something to do with healing away exhaustion or something." He saw her looking longingly at the diner, and smiled. He pulled out his wallet from his bag, and gave her a twenty. "You need any more, just say. You saved our asses today, and not enough money can repay that. Now, I can heal away some of your exhaustion-not all of it, I'm incapable of doing that-, or you can just sleep. Your choice."

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cowboy June 11th 2011, 4:52 pm

Danny dropped the subject though he would not give the boy anymore responsibilities from that point further, putting his life in the hands of the inept was not a strong point of the god. His life had been on the line, something that had not happened for longer than he cared to remember, and it had gotten his blood flowing. This trip had been a good idea after all and he was glad for that at least, even if it had been more threatening than he would have liked but that was neither here nor there for the most part. The drive was longer than expected but they did eventually stop.

Once they were parked outside of a restaurant, something homier and it looked to be a decent place considering where it was located. Grace spoke of wanting something to eat so she could eat and the boy responded but Danny was already drifting away from the conversation. Opening the door of the car, the boy walked to the front door of the eating establishment in silence before turning back to look at the car that still held the two traveler. “You two can stay there but I am hungry,” with that said he returned his posture to the door and opened it easily.

Sitting in an empty booth, not a hard thing to find since the place was mostly deserted save a few people here and there. Danny simple waited for either his traveling companions or someone to bring him a menu either would be good. A thought then crossed his mind, his companions could leave him he did not want that but if they did he would go back to his world and call it a day, at least until next time they met. How he hoped they would not leave him though.
The Cowboy
The Cowboy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs June 12th 2011, 10:29 am

"I'd like to eat and sleep, thanks for the offer though. You can drive if you want to or we can find somewhere to stay," she smiled and lightly touched his hand, taking the money. She didn't like taking money from people, let alone utter strangers so she silently vowed she would pay him back when she got some cash. Opening the car door she slid out, pulling her back pack tiredly with her. Gracie brushed her clothes down to remove the dust from crawling in the dirt and such from her clothes and then walked towards the Diner after pausing to wait for Sachin.

"You did a good job you know," she nudged him lightly with a small, tired smile. She could tell he was upset about the idea of killing. Personally she thought that was a good trait even if she had bee aiming to kill herself. When it was people in danger she got rid of the problem. Or tried to. The men would wake up with serious headaches and solar burns probably. Better than being dead.

As she stepped inside the diner she walked over to Danny and slid onto a chair at the same time a waitress came over and handed out the menus. Gracie took it and ran her eyes over the menu before placing her order of double chocolate pancakes and a hot chocolate. She was starving.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 12th 2011, 1:05 pm

Sachin smiled back. "Thanks." He paused, feeling his stomach rumble. "Might as well eat something too." He got out of the car and walked into the diner. He sat down in a chair, and was promptly annoyed at the fact that there were almost no vegetarian options. He reluctantly ordered a pancake, and of course, some Coke. He started eating his food. "So, what do you guys intend to do in Chicago?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 13th 2011, 5:19 pm

bump.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cowboy June 13th 2011, 8:20 pm

The two supers sat at the table with Danny and the waitress arrived shortly after, asking for their orders and impatiently tapping her foot while she waited for the three to make their order. “I think I’ll just have a burger or something like that doesn’t really make a difference to me, and a glass of water,” he said as he handed the unopened menu to the waitress with the unpleasant attitude. The god never looked at her and simply assumed that she was your typical serving lady these days."I'll just dissapear for a little while," he said with a sigh. “What are you two going to order?” Danny asked the other two.

He had been surprised by the fact that they had sat with him, having thought that they would sit together somewhere else. Danny could not place the exact feeling but he got the uneasy feeling that he was the odd man out in this equation, the out of place variable. Looking out the window and drifting away from any conversations on hand he began to remember some of his past lives, nothing too important just the few peasant lives he had lived in the past. By all accounts he was completely boring and uninteresting, unlike the healer and the girl with him.
The Cowboy
The Cowboy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum