The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» Fusion Frenzy
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Cole Shein I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Cole Shein I_vote_lcapCole Shein I_voting_barCole Shein I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Cole Shein

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cole Shein Empty Cole Shein

Post by Guest September 23rd 2010, 2:34 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name:
Title: soul snatcher, the dark one,
Alignment: Evil
Race: Human Sorcerer
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Height: 6'
Weight: 165

Costume Description/Image: same as his regular cloths

Personality:
Cole is smart cunning and is willing to do what ever it takes to when the battle. while out side of battle he likes throw party's owns nice cloths, and lives and palaces.

History:
cole was born on an island that is now called the Pamela triangle. His father was a powerful mage and thought cole all about the magic in the world. For hours a day they would do nothing but practice magic. They would go from creating fire balls to unlocking doors to manipulating sources of energy like water. It was after he had turned 15 that he found one of his fathers spell books. It was a dark book that held many evil but powerful spells. Cole was taken by the power that the book held and kept it hidden from his father. He would practice the spells in the book while his father slept. Then one day his father found him with book and punished him taken the book back and burning it so that it could not be used again, but it was to late and cole had already memorized the hole book from cover to cover.

After a few days went by his father released him form his cage of torment that he had been put into. Cole then waited for his father to go to sleep and then he used one of the spells and stole his fathers soul taking in all of his power as well as his memory's. It was this way that he had learned that a long time ago that his father had used the book as well and learned of the evil in the book was to powerful for any one to use, and so he protected it from every one including his son. Cole also learned that his father had seat up a defense against the book a long time ago. His father had invented a spell that would kill who ever used a spell from the book on him, but since cole had taken the soul from his father the spell didn't work out the way it was meant to. instead he would be forced to take the souls of people in order to survive if he didn't then he would age rapidly and die, and with this knowledge that he gained he had decided that he would never die and left the triangle in order to hunt for a source of souls that would never run out.

Powers:
Cole was cursed by mysterious entities identified only as his gods. The curse forcibly decreases his lifespan, unless he takes the souls of others to replenish himself, and thus, has become one of Cole's primary objectives to find an infinite source of souls which for him to thrive on. Should Cole go on without souls, his body will rapidly age and wither and eventually die. However, due to his ability to absorb souls, he has also revealed an unforeseen side effect granting him the ability to shape shift into the persons' souls he has taken(can only maintain this the shape shift for a half hour or 20posts). The change is more than skin deep as he has access to their memories and powers as well(he has to switch between souls in order to use others powers that he has taken this process takes up to 2 posts, and his origanal powers he is always able to use). When Cole absorbs some ones soul he is healed back to full health granting him a regeneration ability as well. Also with having control over so many souls that are stored inside of his body he has gained they ability over the years to bring the souls that he has taken out and use them as slaves for his will(these fighters only have half of they power that they had when they were alive so if he were to bring back say superman then he would only be half as strong and fast). Aside from his powers over the soul he also has several spells at his disposal that goes from any were from unlocking doors at the wave of a hand to throwing fire balls.

PowerGrid:
ST: 2
END: 5
SP: 4
INT: 4
EP: 6
FS: 1

Character Image/Description: If description please be very detailed on it.
Cole Shein Sorcerer

Roleplay Sample: (If new or new character)

Last edited by travisrayhogsed on September 29th 2010, 6:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Cole Shein Empty Re: Cole Shein

Post by Bash September 23rd 2010, 6:59 pm

(I am not commenting on your powers, I have problems enough with copying with a character of my own. Just be forewarned. There will be a massive debate on it.)

I will comment on the history. There is a lot of assumed stuff involved. who is who? What is what? some suff to add more on... what rule is concidered treason in a dark tourney? resurrection? murder(which seems like an oxymoron.)? "Who is "Dark Emperor Raizel"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

Cole Shein Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist September 23rd 2010, 8:26 pm

Well his copy power is a lot less common.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 23rd 2010, 8:28 pm

I said no comment. go ahead and finish evaluating this chara

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cole Shein Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2010, 8:42 am

to help understand some of the characters and things in the history i added a very brief summery in parentheses behind characters or things. this way you guys can understand. i really wouldn't have went this way with the history but i couldn't think of any other way he could have gotten his powers.

also i just went back and edited his powergrid so that he would have more of a weakness as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 24th 2010, 11:22 am

Im happy with the history now. Im not doing anything about commenting on copying because I am having problems with that myself.

The thing that everyone (for lack of a better word) attacked me was that. For my character the copied powers can stack on top of each other, can yours? how about a copied time limit or can you use the powers you obtained indefinately?

These are some examples I have learned from my character, and should be addressed in the same manner.

Cole Shein Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2010, 11:39 am

i went back and added limits to his powers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 24th 2010, 9:09 pm

The shapeshifting thing seems too much like my katachi Especially since this was edited in after you commented on katachi. You kill them as opposed to me scratching them yes, but for me in order to access memories, I would have to get brain DNA which is a killer move.

Its not illegal, it is just EERILY too similar of powers at the same time of creation.

Instead of shapeshifting (now that you commented on my character and edited to this) Just use the power instead. maybe lose the shapeshifting. It would make sense, you do harness souls powers, not bodily looks. Maybe even "burning up" the souls that you harness for combat reasons for a suggestion.

Last edited by Tobais Kado on September 24th 2010, 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Cole Shein Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult September 24th 2010, 9:19 pm

This wasn't a great idea considering the argument at hand.

Cole Shein Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 25th 2010, 8:39 am

i was afraid that some one might come up with the connection with your character which would make me getting him approved harder, but his shape shifting power is a lot different than your guys. like you said i have to have their soul in order to take their form, but unlike your guy i can only turn into people that i have taken the soul of and cant turn into any animals or anything else but humans that i have their soul, and in order to have their soul they must be dead so i cant fight any one as their self's unless by some weird power they had been brought back from the dead with out their soul because i have it. which i don't think will happen. plus their is the part that my guy stays in his form and your don't.

just for the record i had this guy done before i even saw your guy caveman i didn't copy. i just made corrections like you guys said then i got board and started looking around and found your guy their and posted on it. and i haven't made any changes to anything just elaborated on a few things and added some stuff for you guys approval.

but if i still can't have him this way then i will get rid of the shape shifting and give him something else.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 25th 2010, 3:04 pm

I never said It was illegal yet.I see your shifting limitation and thats fine. Its the copying that poses problems.

You pose Identical problems as Katachi When it comes to copying. So you absorb heroes souls and you use it as a shapeshifting tool that could allow you to be capable of stacking and adding powers on top of each other.

Allow me to explain why katachi and Cole pose the same problems

If you copy and stack the powers at 50% efficiency, and you absorb 4 and copy 4 heroes at once, your strength is doubled than normal.
50% X 4 =200%

Katachi had at one time an identical problem. I edited it to where all the powers I stack is divided by the number stacked. I explained this to you in a PM remember:

I can stack abilities even my own, It makes me weaker divided among the number of powers stacked.

For example, I absorb Nail Tobais and a someone called slamfist.

If i turn into Nail use JUST Nails powers, I can use them 100% efficient.
If I turn into Nail and shapeshift with that I can only use both at 50%.
If I tturn into Tobais and use Nail's Tobai's and shapeshifting abilities My power is at 33.33 for each%
If I turn into Slamfist, I can use Nail, Tobais and shapeshifting abilities only at 25% each.

See how that works. I am still the power of ONE superhero. It is just I can have many powers.

Also another problem that exists with both is how long can we keep the form. even when we keep the source to copy again. I said six hours. and I eventually lose the DNA. something similar Should be applied here. Cause if you dont, you can eventually have almost every superpower in stock ready to use. Same with Katachi before I nerfed him.

I am aware of your most recent PM, I am not mad. Nor do I see insult from you, I am trying to settle your character down a bit to katachi's level based on what I learned from my mistakes. BEFORE all the staff attacks yours in a similar manner to katachi.

Cole Shein Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 25th 2010, 6:20 pm

i changed his limits on his powers to were it takes time to use more than one different power 2 posts to change between powers. but his original powers is always active like his spells and such.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 25th 2010, 9:39 pm

Thats fine now. This now means you can only use one persons power at a time. Ill give a half approval unless another staff says otherwise.

And by half approval, I mean its approved. but expect it not to stay approved. I have my doubts about it staying approved.

Cole Shein Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist September 26th 2010, 5:15 am

Approved.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropus September 26th 2010, 4:52 pm

Two things is all I have to say : Shang Tsung.

| Entropus, The Virtual Man |
Cole Shein SignatureentropusCole Shein Entropusgrid
"I aspire rather to be a hero, than merely appear as one."
Entropus
Entropus
"From Darkness to Darkness"

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top