The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_vote_lcapKatachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_voting_barKatachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_vote_lcapKatachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_voting_barKatachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter

Post by VivaLaCult September 26th 2010, 5:09 am

It seems a lot more fair, and I have yet to find anything wrong with it, it is 5 am so I will read more in depth tomorrow, as well as wait for Devin's point of view, but from what I saw it is definitely better.

VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter

Post by Slamfist September 26th 2010, 5:18 am

I say approved.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 September 27th 2010, 1:36 am

Well, I still dont like the idea of his brain not being in his main body. I dont care if it can move around inside his body, or something like that, but the idea of "Hey look, I cant be killed" just doesnt sit right with me. The rest of us make do with being mortal. If we die, that's it. But you just regenerate elsewhere. And yes, you brought it down a lot. But think of all the places you could hide it in a city. Thats 4 city blocks. That's a pretty freaking large radius. And thats (havent I said this?) IF we know you can do that! Even post-nerf, Katachi is a powerful mutha. Does he really need immortality for you to be happy with him?

Other than that, I dont see anything wrong with it. If Slam and Viva say it's fine, I guess Im done complaining. Razz

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : ↑
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 27th 2010, 1:44 am

Well I guess i can compress the brain into like a very small size. The main thing I wanted to do with this is that I wanted to charge madly without the need for my own safety. This would get me killed REAL fast. But think if I do have clones. Do I have to split my real brain in two doubling the chances of being killed in the midst of combat? No I dont like that. Well how about if I do clone, I keep it in one body, halving my chances of death and if it gets to dicey I run?

This idea has not been edited in I wanna hear your thoughts.

If you can get on chat?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 September 27th 2010, 9:44 am

Cant usually chat, lol. I usually post right before bed or during class. But I wasnt against the mental connection, just the remote control.

Katachi's clones are fine; you made it avoid OP by using the 'Diminishing returns' flaw for clones. So I'm cool with them. If you cloned yourself and they both fought, that's fine! That's what they're there for. Put your tiny little brain in the big toe of one of them, and have at it. But I'm just saying that having your super-fast regenerating brain in a secret location that 95% of heroes cant find seems good. Unless you counted it as a one of the Katachis, but then that would reduce your main body's power by 50%, since you would always have at least 2 bodies. I'd just say carry it with you. We (usually) wont be able to tell which body it's in anyway.

But this raises another pretty small nitpick.
Tobakado wrote:The main thing I wanted to do with this is that I wanted to charge madly without the need for my own safety.
So you want a berserker of sorts. But you listed Katachi's personality as:
Tobakado wrote:He's an improvisational, a little too serious take-no-chances kind of person.
Lolwut? Take no chances...rush in recklessly without regard to personal safety. ♫One of these things is NOT like the other one! One of these things doesnt belong! ♪

**Edit** Just out of curiosity, how does hierarchal telepathy work anyway? For the main brain (lol, rhyme) to give orders, it needs to send commands out. For it to realize "Hey clone, dodge that sword!," the clone needs to tell the brain that the sword is there. Isnt that 2-way? **/edit*

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 27th 2010, 7:08 pm

I apologize the multiquote is messing up my location of quote and edit. I edited your last post without knowing it.

here I fixed it:

I have said on my clones that I can spread the percentages however I like as long as it sums up 100%. I can do 25/75 for example. I could also put the brain in the weaker one as a bluff or something.

I missed two vital words. on the telepathy.

Ill fix more later

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 28th 2010, 1:58 pm

I have fully fixed everything that needed to be fixed, I think. Slam says approved, but I think its just clarification of katachis powers at this point. Like Keil said. he still has questions about somethings.

I have edited the hide and throw clone things. I said that he CAN but he doesn't like to. (or thats what I intended to say.)

as for personality, I meant LEAVE-no-chances. sry mb

as for the telepathy, I gave an example the looking at multiple tv's and changing the channel example. I also added some key words that allows it to be made more clear.

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 September 29th 2010, 1:38 am

Well I think I'm finally out of questions and comments, lol. You've done a pretty damn good job of fixing this guy, so I'd say reapproved. Sorry things got kinda crazy in the middle of all that. One the positive side, I think this is the most commented-on application in existence. Also, the colors make it purty. Very Happy

If you do find some free time, you might want to copy-pasta this into Word to spellcheck it. All the edits that its undergone may have led to minor grammatical errors or mispellings, and this App has been polished over too many times for grammar to make it look bad. Smile

Does the Shamgarel or Cult (or any other mods/admins) got anything else for him? Anything to clear up? Comments? Concerns? If not, give it the seal of approval and lets get Katachi back on the streets.

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 29th 2010, 3:12 am

keil7777777 wrote:Well I think I'm finally out of questions and comments, lol. You've done a pretty damn good job of fixing this guy, so I'd say reapproved. Sorry things got kinda crazy in the middle of all that. One the positive side, I think this is the most commented-on application in existence. Also, the colors make it purty. Very Happy

Well Im sure theres some that have more comments, but maybe not counting stolen threads that got off topic. But I get your point.

I use google chrome it has a built in spell checker. don't worry about that.
I already have permission from slam to reuse him (VIA chat)
(btw "Googled" does not register as a word on google chrome wtf?)

:EDIT: omg I thought of something for next chapter. And there wont be any spoilers to it just an idea. Katachi is gonna die next chapter anyhow, but how about using my suicide flaw described below to bring someone back to life. An important guy at that too like pain or something. It would be Ironic on katachi's part, his hunger for DNA became his undoing and brought pain back to life. For example. What do you guys think?

Tobais Kado wrote:If katachi remains in the copied superhero's form for more than 6 hours, Katachi will lose his shapeshifting abilities, his memories and effectively become the original copied person. (By god modding rules I should give him/her bact to the original owner if dead, and If alive and there are two, call an amnesiac suicide of the inability to control their powers. Don't say that I can have an army of these. I will make an effort NOT to. I don't want an army of enemies. Especially if I made them myself.)

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 September 29th 2010, 11:49 am

Whens the last time you updated Chrome? B/c here's some examples I can see from here:

Tobakado wrote:Appearence:

regenerate wounds and limbs a great speeds

If it requires some kind of concentration or something that he can copy, Like a recitation ritual for example, He can sucessfully pull it off

Makes 2 perfect copies of himself. they live and breathes like the original (and) they can also shift like the original.

By god modding rules I should give him/her bact to the original owner
And I could keep going. The History especially is wierd. Periods instead of commas (or if they are supposed to be periods, there arent any capitalizations afterwards), instances of not capitalizing Katachi's name, and things that, well, I just dont understand. Take for instance, the opening line of the history:

"He was born of a genetic manipulation experiment, one that allows him to control his own genetic manipulation him self."

Shouldnt it say "He was created as a experiment in genetic manipulation, and attempt at making a being capable of controlling and changing his own genetic makeup."? Otherwise there's a redundancy in that he can control his own genetic control.

So like I said, give it a once-over in Microsoft Word, or just re-read it yourself. Chrome doesnt even recognize it's owner, lol. How can it recognize typos?

(The suicide idea is interesting though. I'd totally volunteer Meteo for it, if he wasnt a magic-wielder. Find out someone who wants to die and be resurrected, and I'm sure Sham could help integrate it.)

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult September 29th 2010, 12:58 pm

keil7777777 wrote:Otherwise there's a redundancy in that he can control his own genetic control.

^^^Lol

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 29th 2010, 2:18 pm

Edited, apparently google chrome does not recognize grammatical errors, only spelling errors. Sad

DAAWWWWW oh well

Should I post up a new thread concerning the suicide idea?

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 September 29th 2010, 2:33 pm

Much betta, lol. Word is Win (most of the time).

The suicide thing's up to you. You could put a thread in announcements, or just PM likely candidates. idc. But as far as this application goes, I think it's finally done. I'm guessing 'Cult doesnt have anything (except the giggles Razz), and you said Sham already approved it, so I'll go ahead and move it into the approved section. Enjoy your newly revamped shapeshifter! Very Happy

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash December 10th 2010, 10:39 pm

edited powergrid in

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekSkiba March 8th 2011, 7:23 am

Moved to the trash, old application.

Derek Skiba
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter - Page 3 Derekskiba
DerekSkiba
DerekSkiba

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top