The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_vote_lcapKatachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_voting_barKatachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_vote_lcapKatachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_voting_barKatachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter Empty Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter

Post by Bash September 21st 2010, 9:10 pm

red is change
Green is more recent change.
Orange is yet more recent change.
Blue is yet again more recent change.

Name: Katachi Koutai (shape shift)
alias: Shapeshifter
Hero/Villain: Villain
General Gender: Male
General Height: 5’11"
General Weight: 168 lbs
General Race: Human
General Looks:
Spoiler:
Except imagine a male like figure. I did NOT make this character to reflect the Zerg. There is a sort of hive mind which is further explained in the powers section. BUT there is no swarm involved.

Powergrid:
His powergrid is odd: To be able to shapeshift into anything on demand, he can have 20 points at all time which can drain and boost any stat to any stat as long as he remains in the 20 point limit. It would be redundant to make a powergrid because he can technically have all of them. So here's what I'll do. Every time I do a radical change in need of a new powergrid, I will write it out in the RP. I will conform to the rules of the 20/22 rule.

To make short of "normal powergrid" arguments, here is one. His "Normal" Form is incapable of flying even though he has bone wings. (don't say I knocked it off QoB Look at old Katachi pic. It makes shifting wings faster, and adds extra limbs to attack with.)

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter Malady10

Appearance: It's hard to describe his general appearance since he can change his looks on demand. But to maintain a constant identity, he stands 5'11 short brown hair, and wears odd foreign clothes. His "Normal" Form is incapable of flying even though he has bone wings. (Don’t say I knocked it off QoB Look at old Katachi pic. It makes shifting wings faster, and adds extra limbs to attack with.)

Personality:
He's an improvisational, a little too serious, berserker kind of person. He is also a masochist. He is massively arrogant to the point of where he might be considered an animal.

Powers
He has the ability to shapeshift anything into anything including people on demand. Severed parts can be shape shift on demand too. To change other people they need to be willing subjects. If there is a full body transformation, there will be a one post just to transform, A powergrid will be posted to accompany it. To make quick transformation to serve one time purposes, (Like FALCON PUNCH) will be used as a standard attack action.

Regeneration: Katachi can regenerate wounds and limbs a great speeds. It takes about 10 mins to fully regenerate a lost human arm down to perfect genetic human DNA, but to regrow limbs he needs to be outside of combat. He cannot concentrate regrowing limbs and fighting at the same time. However if he could get away and hide, He might be able to concentrate long enough to regenerate.

Smoke
Description: Turning into smoke, he can either sneak attack behind the target, or wait until the target breathes to make them (Erased explode) turn into poison where he can take him down from the inside. It also makes a good escape plan. This is very hard for Katachi to control every particle of dust that is in the body, for that reason he will attack in a manner that the dust will form as Katachi planned to before he did so. For example: he intended to make a virus enter the victim through inhalation, then he turns to smoke, and when the victim inhales then the particles of dust turn to a virus. After that, it is up to the victim’s biological defense system to fight it off. Katachi no longer has control of that.

Clones
Description: (Katachi needs to be severed in two first.) He makes 2 perfect copies of himself. They live and breathe like the original they can also shift like the original. Their strength is divided by the number of clones. or at a percentage of his choice as long as they add up to 100% equal strength of one undivided Katachi. The real brain can be inside one at this time, reducing the chances of getting killed. Katachi can control the clones up to a half mile radius, after that they act on their own.

Hierarchical Telepathy: There is a telepathic one way link from the original brain to the oldest clone, and from the oldest clone to the next oldest all the way up to the most recent. This requires less brain power than a two way link. The original brain looks at and receives all the information at once. Its like looking at multiple tv screens and with multiple remotes changing the channel of one. This telepathic link works in the same manner. If the original brain needs something done from one particular clone, he can send an order to do so. Otherwise, the pseudo-brains act like a computer: like they were programmed to do. The telepathic link has a half mile radius. One with mind read or other mental detection powers can pinpoint the location of the original Katachi maybe even unnoticed for Katachi since it is one way.

Name: Copycat
Description: (Requires Targets DNA) Turns into perfect copy of target. He gets all of the targets powers and memories (Only if he acquires brain matter DNA) on top of his abilities to transform. He can also use the copied powers at full effectiveness if he gives up the ability to shift on top of it. If he chooses to shift while copying, he can only use the power at half effectiveness. He can stack powers this way, but the strength is divided up among the number of powers stolen. His own powers count as a variable in the division of powers. If he takes the powers of superheroes he has a six hour time limit before the superhero DNA is expelled. It is mainly a fight for conformity inside him. On one side, Katachi can control and BE the victim, but at the same time the victim's DNA is trying to control Katachi as the victim before it was taken. The DNA is only doing what it was programmed to do: Carry out bodily functions. Katachi can thoroughly negate the effects of this caused by normal humans, but the superheroes are harder to control. If Katachi remains in the copied superhero's form for more than 6 hours, Katachi will lose his shapeshifting abilities, his memories and effectively become the original copied person. (By god modding rules I should give him/her back to the original owner if dead, and If alive and there are two, call an amnesiac suicide of the inability to control their powers. Don't say that I can have an army of these. I will make an effort NOT to. I don't want an army of enemies, especially if I made them myself.) Expelling genetic material can be recovered and reused, but some of it will be lost by environmental factors like it seeped into the ground or it burned up or something. DNA lost rate is determined directly by how well it can be recovered.
/\
||
Magical powers are iffy, It really depends on the source of magic. If it requires some kind of concentration or something that he can copy, Like a recitation ritual for example, He can successfully pull it off. If however, It was like an enchantment power given unto the victim being copied, then there is no way for him to use that power unless he could copy the source.

Tech powers are easy; He can absorb the device, dismantle the device and replicate it. Kinda like taking apart a bike and putting it back together, except you make a whole new bike with new parts. If he can get a hold of the victim’s memory, and the victim knows the schematics, it would just be a matter of shaping his body into the parts and rendering them inert; as in unable to shift for the moment so he can utilize the full potential of the device.

History:
He was created as a experiment in genetic manipulation, and attempt at making a being capable of controlling and changing his own genetic makeup. As he was born, he was an abomination, a cesspool of flesh and blood that was declared dead. Thrown into a biological waste land fill, Katachi was forced in a fight for survival over his own body for years. His body wanted to destroy him and yet he had to learn how to control what was controlling him. This made him immune to mental and physical pain, He was not really immune but mentally numb to pain. Over the years he learned how to force it to not hurt him, but rather, to assist him. He even learned to experiment with it as he developed his powers. His first kill brought him much shock. His body "Drank" all the genetic material, giving him a lifetime of memories he was unprepared for. Add more fighting with his own body again, and he ended up as the victim. Right down to the genetic material. This made him think that if he could control that. He could be invincible. Couple years, couple kills later, he learned it. However unperfected it was. It would work, and it could be done.

Now the survival of the fittest is now on the outside. Will it be Katachi to survive, or them.

It is impossible to tell the lifespan of Katachi, since he can have a perfect body. The only way to effectively "kill" him is by squashing the brain, but good luck finding it. Katachi played a smart move and can move the brain and change the size of it in his body even (to his big toe for example) If things are dicey and he does not think he would win, he would probably run and detach his brain from his body and controlling a clone-like body remotely using a "pseudo-brain".

The best way to stop him is Illusion style powers. Since his pseudo-brain shapeshifts according to his "perceived" environment, Illusion style powers will work effectively on him. Full disintegration will stop this clone but the real him will be more resilient. Life stealing moves will also kill the clone actually more effectively than usual, but again he might be more resilient. It is just because his real brain is in a secret spot. The original Katachi may be more resilient to Illusion style Powers because he can reason fact with fiction. Feeling invincible, he tends to charge headfirst without thinking. He thoroughly believes that he will just regrow back. This leaves him open for traps or other ways of concealed attacks.

Katachi actually has a lair somewhere, But it won’t be disclosed until next chapter (mainly because idk where to put it yet) In this lair is a small part of Katachi that functions as a self propelled (with no mental link) factory of DNA that was acquired from superheroes. Katachi's factories takes his own DNA as the cell is splitting, copy the copied Superhero gene into one, and remove the shapeshifting gene. Effectively cloning the DNA, This way he can have an indefinite amount of DNA. The only problem with that is that there is a problem with transporting the DNA. His thrall, Ravenous does his best to carry the widest variety around, but it is still very limited to how much he can carry without hindering his own abilities.

Stolen powers/ thread acquired:
Lust: "The assault"
Incubus Demon: The assault.
Nightkill: "Finding Clarent"
Slamfist: "The arena"
Centurion: "the Arena"
Agent of Chaos: "That's My power you jerk"

Last edited by Tobais Kado on January 14th 2011, 4:07 pm; edited 18 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter Empty Re: Katachi Koutai, the Shapeshifter

Post by Bash September 21st 2010, 9:46 pm

I have a feeling someone is gonna say "fuck you" To be ironic and annoying.........

that'll kill the joke

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2010, 10:00 pm

Fuck you
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 21st 2010, 10:02 pm

Tobais Kado wrote:I have a feeling someone is gonna say "fuck you" To be ironic and annoying.........

that'll kill the joke

Oh did I call that one or what Sad

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 September 21st 2010, 10:05 pm

Alright, I guess your history explains how you are able to shapeshift (a little). Kinda vague tho. I'm guessing your genetic experiment based body can change the DNA sequences of itself to match those of other objects (thus why you need their DNA.). But this would only let you get the individual's powers if that person's powers were mutation based. A person's DNA doesnt dictate their memories (intel, memories, thoughts, etc), their post-birth modifications (cyborgs to earrings to tattoos), or their state of fitness (strength, etc). Copying a person would essentially turn you into their twin, not them. You certainly wouldnt get ANY powers from them that werent a direct result of mutation/experimentation. You could get abilities from Pain, but not Angels, Doctors, Beings of magic, characters who got their powers VIA magic, techno-heroes/villains, etc.

Next, how does you experimental body allow for remote control? I can kinda see the clone bit, but each would end up being self-controlled with a brain of it's own. DNA mods cant grant you psuedo-psychic connections, unless you're going the Jean Grey / Professor X route. But you'd need a LOT higher Int for that...

I'd keep going, but I have hw. BBL with more questions. You can answer these in the interum tho.

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : ↑
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 21st 2010, 10:23 pm

I would assume the xmen stuff for remote control. and like I said.I basically want to make them independant, but watched over by the original, then when if needed, the original could open a telepathic link to change something.

My powergrid is varible. There are real life theories that there are memories implanted into the DNA. (forgot where I heard it prolly history channel or something) so It would work If the theory could be proved that it works. So Im gonna assume (and edit in) yes. a lot of physics theories are bent here so whats to stop that one?

That being said I could use magic If I knew the procedures of how to do it. As for cybotic stuff. I can shape that in.then render it inert to shifting if I want to use their powers 100%

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Araska September 21st 2010, 10:44 pm

Fuck you, I hate everything about this, and everything it stands for, and most of all you.

<3

Anyway, the Queen of Blades doesn't exactly have a manly image. I'm sure that you can find something on DA that's acceptable (QoB Rule 63 or something. Though it would be a reverse of that, instead being "There is a Male version of every female character")

Also, he seems kinda like Alex Merser? From Prototype. I say that on the basis that I have never seen story from the game.

And Keil seems to have a valid point, though I dont know much about that. I'm not sure on what exactly DNA would have you gain.

Araska
Araska

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 59
Job : Winning at everything forever.
Humor : THIS! IS! Something completely diffrent.
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 21st 2010, 10:49 pm

That is getting really annoying . idc if its a joke.

Its not a knockoff of prototype.

Its just a shapeshifter. What the fuck do they do. Shoot fuckin lazer beams. idk. Just like that lightning guy from prototype.........................................
...................................................................................

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 September 21st 2010, 10:53 pm

So on top of Being able to shapeshift, your character automatically has the ability to be psychic. You didnt even STEAL that ability? Your Int isnt high enough for that otherwise. And before you counter my argument with "I have any Int I want," see my next point:

The idea behind genetic memories hidden in DNA is based not on the memories of an individual, but the generic instincts of a species. Like breathing. You do it because the genetic memories of the species tells you it's necessary. It's said that strong experiences might possibly affect the DNA of our future spawnlings (lol zerg reference), but only in that they might develop an irrational fear of, say bears, because you got raped by one. DNA isnt a book filled with memories (despite what Assassin's Creed wants you to believe). That's what your brain is for. And we try our best to stop the manipulation or bending of physics if we can. Magic being one of the easiest ways to get around that >_<

Speaking of, how could you possibly use their magic? Take Meteo for instance. He alone was granted the abilities of Fire/Wind manipulation by Raide. That's not grafted onto his DNA or his brain. It's practically an enchantment. You might copy the character, but how can you copy the enchantment on them? And there's more to objects than just DNA. A metal object isnt alive, so wouldnt transforming into it be "Killing" part of you? Wouldn't your body reject that?

Taking all the conceptuals into account, the Remote brain also seems OP. Your character cant die, EVER. Unless we destroy the entire world, which will never happen (again). Even Pain can die...

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Humor : &amp;#8593;

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 21st 2010, 10:57 pm

FINNNNNNNNEEEEE....

what do you suggest I do concerning copying, I want to keep it if possible and the ability to copy as much as possible. Dont you fucking say i cant or my gunslinger is no longer approved...

Also if thats the case "You cant eat dna and copy B/c..." then he has no purpose whatsoever next chapter, famine OR pestilence.

And if thats the case I am done RPing here. Im giving up my modship if so. It will be proof of the inability to moderate. I would not be able to be trusted because i cannot see the line of OP or not.

broodlings btw they are called broodlings not spawnlings...

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 September 21st 2010, 11:52 pm

....eeeeeh, idk. I really dont know what to do here. I dont want to make a ruling that forces me to choose between allowing a character that I personally think is rigged, or losing a good poster AND mod. I guess just wait for an Admin or another Mod to help us out here.

But either way, dont stop RPing because you didnt get your way. That just seems childish man.

Tobais Kado wrote:broodlings btw they are called broodlings not spawnlings...
Both Broodlings and Spawnlings exist in SC. Broodlings are created by queens with her ability. SPAWNlings are what she uses to attack normally (like an ultralisk uses Kaiser Blades to attack). Dont try to outnerd me, ser. Very Happy

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Humor : &amp;#8593;

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist September 22nd 2010, 12:09 am

Make it possible to kill you. You can't take memories unless you absorb the entire body, powers not associated with the DNA, as Devin pointed out, are not taken such as magic or tech powers. The telepathic link is fine since it's only with clones of yourself. Variable powergrid is fine though. I have more comments but I need to get off.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 22nd 2010, 12:15 am

no im not quitting for that. IDK how to fix. and youre expecting me to fix I ask you for help and what do I get: Nothing that helps... I understand last post but its been like this for the last WEEK. not just with katachi. I try to help the assault plan out. (Im getting sick of it now that Im pretty much being yelled at) and 4 times in a row, I had to restart over. That ruined the thread for me. I was deeply interested in it, but that was ruined by the following times I had to resart with. How am I a great RPer if I had been unintentionally goddmodding the last week?!? Clearly, Im unable to maintain my position.

1 remember when me n you discussed and agreed on how team 1 should be scrapped and raide pops out of the portal? I went with it. Slam had me delete that

2 using the abilities of lust I cleared the close proximity of demons making the fight against the portal, thus the clones killed each other. I wanted to focus on the portal and finishing the chapter... Noooooooo none of that.

3 Had katachi betray and defend the portal in a quest for dna. nope not storyline specific. viva did not like

4 Had katachi attack incubus demon, nope character is unapproved...

Almost seems that YOU (directed at the staff) want to prolong the chapter. I am getting attacked for trying to help. My topic of what should I do should not have been deleted. My questions are not answered. What are my dos and donts. This is getting to be bullshit. and I am tired of winging shit that no longer is expected to work. I am not wanting to do anything anymore because I am literally afraid of doing something else wrong.

So my question remains the same: WHAT DO?

keil7777777 wrote:

Tobais Kado wrote:broodlings btw they are called broodlings not spawnlings...
Both Broodlings and Spawnlings exist in SC. Broodlings are created by queens with her ability. SPAWNlings are what she uses to attack normally (like an ultralisk uses Kaiser Blades to attack). Dont try to outnerd me, ser. Very Happy

No good ser, her highness has an ability called spawn broodlling. the ability is as follows:

"Creates two broodlings from the targeted ground mechanical or organic unit. The target is instantly destroyed in the process. Archons, dark archons, and robotic units such as probes and reavers may not be targeted. Broodlings last a maximum of 180 seconds."

The word spawnling was never mentioned. Razz

Last edited by Tobais Kado on September 22nd 2010, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 22nd 2010, 12:16 am

OMG THANK YOU SLAM

what i wanted to hear

was that so hard keil?

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Araska September 22nd 2010, 12:17 am

But I gave you my little heart :O <3 But point taken.

Anyway, I don't mean to say that he is a knockoff of Prototype, like I said, I've never heard anything about the story, or even played it more than simply sandbox-ing it.

And I dont see the Copying ability as OP at all. It's seems that it could only be as OP as the character he Copied, and of there is a problem then it's the fault of the original characters, not Katachi's. But I'm not a mod, so...

Araska
Araska

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 59
Job : Winning at everything forever.
Humor : THIS! IS! Something completely diffrent.
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top