The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
On my own - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

On my own

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On my own - Page 4 Empty Re: On my own

Post by Samael Christensen August 30th 2018, 7:38 pm

The energy of destruction consumed all it touched, leaving not even a single mote in its wake. Unfortunately it also tore through that miasma, taking with it concrete and portions of the foundation of the building itself.  Bit by bit the coverage was washed away, eventually leaving her with a better view of the building itself and the one that had created the cover. However it was just now that she realized her overzealous use of her gift had caused unintended damage. The building was of no consequence, but the circle that had been inscribed into the ground found itself with massive gouges within the matrix. Black eyes widened in realization as the demon spoke, giddy almost in their triumph. ”Now I see what she meant.” Nyx noted, stroking her chin thoughtfully. ”That pushes things back a little. So that means I have plenty of time to punish you.”

That was when the demon charged, a frontal assault that likely would leave her open to the thrown knives that might come back. His confidence within the weapons showed that they were not simple man-made creations. ”I hope this is you getting serious demon.” She stepped forward, and when collision would occur he would find himself likely phasing through her as if a mirage. She noted that the red haired combion was gone, meaning he would have to hunt down more with the blood they needed. So many inconveniences that made this whole thing annoying.  Many in this world did not believe in gods, true gods anyhow, so she would have to teach this one what it meant.  ”Your blood will work for a replacement.” The shadows rose, undulating and uncertain figures that took the form of flowing blades.

The goddess turned to where her opponent likely had gone once he slipped through her for, cane itself becoming uncertain and then breaking into shadowy fragments. With a flick of the wrist it lashed through the empty space between them, followed by the variable blades that danced around them. All of them aimed for vital spots, knowing that any half-hearted measure would be batted aside easily.

She at the very least acknowledged that this was not someone she could take lightly.

He had wanted to live. Despite the revulsion he felt towards the act he had performed, he truly did want to survive. Still that sensation existed until he noticed that the other wasn’t dying. Choking on his blood, as the life itself drained from their eyes. He had seen that terrible sight before, people torn apart without even the ceremony of a personal stabbing. Burned into his mind, brought to the surface with this action. Instead he was alive, stab wound nothing more than a remnant with a small amount of scabbing around the puncture wound. Were they really no different?

He couldn’t tell. He had just met this person, they had asked him to essentially stab them and now this. ”Help me how?” he questioned, voice still quivering but not as much as it was before. He was still shaken by the concept that he could have taken a life from someone like that. It took all he had not to fall down, paler than he had been a few minutes ago.

Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus September 6th 2018, 10:10 pm

There wasn’t a chance for him to overpower the goddess, that much was evident. However, his hubris and his pride seemed to have the better of him. He hadn’t had the chance to set his mind straight, the woman noted that she was hoping he was ready, as his blood would be the next for the ritual. To any other that would have sounded worrying. To Asmodeus, it was exciting. He had no clue how he would do this without his full power, but he knew he was certainly going to try. He smiled to himself as the trick-cane broke apart into shadowed fragments, lashing out trying to get a lick of him. Meanwhile there were other blades of hers that were aimed for some of the more vital areas of the body. He had to prioritize.

Whip like weapon would grab hold of him, making it impossible to free without damages. Also hindered movement. Blades for vital areas were not something to ignore. But there were so many things all at once. Asmodeus let out a roar as he forced Miasma from himself, the concussive force was enough to throw back the incoming weaponry, while his own blade came up and batted away the unholy weapon of deception. Though he had to admit...he kinda liked it. With a sudden lash out, Asmodeus felt a warm liquid seep through his armor as his shoulder was slashed open with a semi-superficial wound.

Asmodeus tucked himself down and rolled past the goddess, a fluid motion as he held out an open hand to the woman, a loud and very powerful sonic black was unleashed.

---------------------------------------------

The young man chuckled as he took another drink of that delicious nectar of the gods. The child had asked of how he would be able to be helped by one such as his current savior. It was met with a shrug of total ambivalence. After a second he just sighed, smiled and mused over it.

“Well, to be fair...I saved you just now. I also just so happen to know a thing or two about your powers and what you can do. Unless you thought Healing was the extent of it.” He offered that small bit to bait the kid into being at the very least, interested. Of course kid’s weren’t that hard to lure into a sense of agreement. But the thing that peeved him the most...was that the one time he wanted to do a legitimate good thing… it was all semantics and questions. To anyone else that’s entirely reasonable to ask...but to this guy, it was semantics. ”Look kid, I’ve been to other worlds. Other realities. I’ve created protectors, and I’ve ditched the demons. No tricks here. You wanna learn to use that power. You wanna help people? Well ya gotta help yourself first. The only way to do that is to find others like you.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On my own - Page 4 Asmode10
Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 145
Job : The Progenitor of Robo-sapiens
Humor : :red:
Registration date : 2015-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen September 7th 2018, 3:27 am

Despite all the attacks that came from the goddess’ assault, the demon prince managed to bat most of them away with a skill that was mostly unparalleled.  The miasma released at such a high concentration with a weapon might have explained things, but Nyx wasn’t daunted by the concept. Instead she seemed almost pleased with that as if anything less would have been disappointing.  With a few motions, the demon prince rolled behind her and unleashed a powerful sonic blast that moved just fast enough or came from seemingly nowhere. It slammed into the goddess, ears popping in a painful fashion and causing her head to be bedeviled by a piercing pain. Boots skidded against the floor until she managed to stop herself by slamming the top of her construct into the ground and stop it. ”Nice move demon.” She managed once the damage to her ears managed to heal, rapidly as she took stock of her equilibrium.

Despite being affable she would make the demon suffer.  Letting the weapon become segmented once again, slashing over course concrete to carve deep grooves while charging the male at seemingly impressive speed, shattering the sound barrier with casual strides and letting the tendril of shredding shadow lash through the air and aimed to wrap around his throat.

----------------------------------------------------
The child looked up to the strange person drinking something that he didn’t know the contents of. All he knew was that the guy had somehow managed to heal him, even if it was through violence like what he had committed just now. ”Healing’s the only thing i’ve been able to do...so yeah.” The young angel managed, furrowing his brow and looking up at him. There was something more to this person, and yet he couldn’t tell what that was. Maybe he was just missing an important piece of the puzzle. There had to be something more to them. That natural curiosity that went with him  was more than enough to make him want to ask even more question but statements continued.

”Of course I want to help people!” He asserted . ”If you can help me do that...then just tell me what to do.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The immortal with not enough patience for this- Adam Johnson (Vampire boi)
The Ravens Son- Samael Christensen
The Half angel/Half brother - Nathaniel Christensen
Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus September 11th 2018, 3:34 am

Asmodeus watched as the woman had incredible regenerative capabilities, he staggering for only a moment as she regained equilibrium. Asmodeus’ eyes widened a moment before he masked the look of shock from his face. That was the same attack he used to harm- just how powerful was this woman? Asmodeus considered her simply persistent, and ultimately a scourge to kill. His hubris still blinding him to the tragic truth. He could not kill this goddess, not like this. Pride was the greatest killer of man. That’s what his friend had preached day after day. Asmodeus was no mere man, so he felt himself exempt. The woman began to flourish a whipping motion from her weapon, as Asmodeus watched it carve through concrete as if it offered no resistance. His eyes began to fixate on the weapon’s marks, before he watched her charge with inhuman speed. Asmodeus’ body naturally responded to the stimuli of her motions, moving himself subconsciously for a moment as his consciousness caught up.

She had broken the sound barrier, parts of the house shot out into the alley-way as entire beams were blown away. A tendril-like adaptation took to the weapon, firing out to wrap around his neck. Asmodeus’ body could keep up with quick reflexes beyond sonic speed,s but the running part? That was different. He couldn’t hope to move at such speeds, should she begin to move about differently. When within his general vicinity? He could defend himself. Ranged movements with multiple points of attack? That would be a real bother. Asmodeus barreled forward, whipping the tendril to the side with what appeared to be his bare-hand. Turning he pushed off with a powerful leap and sent out three more blades. The first two seemed to be right on track, the other, however appeared to be a little off course, flying into the base of the far wall.

”You’ve got damn good footwork. Right up Jammy one, eh scarlet?” Asmodeus asked, the sentence was all good, thought he word Scarlet was howled out as he unleashed a torrent of Miasma to help catch him, brace him from impact on the ground. He whipped himself around, preemptively watching for an incoming dash attack. Any attach he did was futile, but he had to find the opening. He had to find the most guarded spot. Where would that be?

“Well that’s simple. You get help from someone who can help you.” The man said with a small snicker. He took another glug out of his jug and cleared his throat. He held up his two fingers and with a faint blue glow, he snapped. As he snapped there was a small offset in the world to the right and the left. The right side of the world seemed to slide down, while the left rose. After a faint second, everything seemed to slide back together, a black warping seeming to open and revealing a warm, celestial white light. The White mana was overbearing, it almost blinded Ares as he seemed to shy away. The small Nephilim creature would find himself not so blinded, rather being able to see within the confines. The place was beautiful to be sure, and his power would probably draw him in, like a magnet. “Alrighty, C’mon then. Nate won’t wait. Dude’s a badass, but he could due for some social skills.” Ares chuckled to himself. He watched as a young woman with four white wings seemed to appear, looking straight out of the fissure within the fabrics of the worlds. Ares saw the porcelain skinned woman and gave a small wave, her wings unfurling as she looked to the child, curiously before her eyes seemed to glow a faint green.

”Oh, yeah. That’s Lexa. She’s an angel too...Kinda forget about that sometimes.” The man said with a slight sigh, and a shrug. ”Whelp. No time like the present. You gonna come?” The man asked as he motioned for the child to go in.

Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen September 14th 2018, 1:28 am

Nyx was aware this wouldn’t be as easy as she thought it would be. The demon hadn’t showed anything that could threaten her here, yet that didn’t mean he was incapable of doing something that would give her lasting damage.  For all she knew he was still playing around, gauging her abilities so he could act accordingly. Only a fool would have assumed that their foe was already done until they said so.  That moment where showed actual effort was when the other reacted accordingly, seemingly moving in time with her speed. Instead of trying to jump to the side  he batted aside the shredding weapon and pushed forward, damn the consequences. Something that many warriors would have appreciated but then again she wasn’t her brother. Demons had no place challenging the gods after all.

One hand flew out, going to preemptively catch the knives as the sliced into the flesh of the fingers that grabbed onto the blades. Black ichor welled up from the injuries followed by a burning sensation, goddesses expression shifting into one of annoyance mingling with pain as she tossed the weapons aside. ”You know, i’m starting to actually enjoy this little battle.” The canes shadowy form wavered, seemingly close to break apart before stabilizing. Her hand however didn't seem to heal as quickly as it should, if at all. Clenching the cane it shifted into what appeared to be a hand and a half sword held within her slender hand easily. ”It’s time I got a little serious.” This time she rushed, seemingly even faster with blade swinging through the air. Each strike aimed as an attempt to take out his legs while the shadows themselves branched off from her to make half-heated attacks meant to keep him from leaping backwards.

The strange man mentioned finding someone that could help him but who was? There weren’t many people that he knew who could actually help him in his strange circumstance.  Then with a snap space itself seemed to rip, glowing a brilliant blue color as a world beyond came to view within the portal. The celestial light to broke from beyond the breach felt pleasant. Bringing rise to it a warmth that made him feel at ease, despite how suspect the man that had offered help was. Feathery light gold wings folded against his back, a sign of the anxiety he was feeling with the memory of being nearly torn to shreds still there. This light drew him, steps taken without him even needing to consider why he was doing it.

There was a mention of someone named Nate.

Not a name that meant anything to him but likely one that would in a small amount of time. As he stepped through the fissure between worlds, the woman became more apparent. Looking as if she were formed from pure porcelain, waving at them and looking at him curiously as if he were unexpected. As if in return he offered a small wave, smiling weakly as if that would help any. Not like he needed anyone to tell him to go in. It was as if his damn body was making all the calls.

”So, who’s the kid?” Another angelic looking person asked, dressed more like someone you would see on the street save for wings which seemed to sprout from their back and eyes a glowing silver. His wings were a darker, even harsher color of gold, flapping lazily as if keeping him aloft.

Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus September 15th 2018, 2:55 am

The woman wanted to continue edging him on with her comments. That was fine. She could speak all she wanted. Meanwhile, he would actually ignore everything she said and focus, looking over her body and every junction point he could for a moment. His eyes narrowed, his own subconscious affirmation that it was time to be a bit more serious. In an instant his mind went through all of the knowledge he had acquired. If he had to rate the woman, it was her speed that scared him. His reaction time was enough to keep up with her, but soon enough she’d see through him. Contrary to that, however it was her strength that they were equally rivaled. Their Endurance and stamina seemed to be matched as well. But Asmodeus knew the truth, even if he didn’t want to admit it. Even if he couldn’t admit it.

To defeat the Goddess of Destruction, he would need to reclaim his power as the Lord of Lust, the Crown-Prince and heir to the throne. He would need to tell the whole Hellscape that he was here, he was alive and he had been a coward. Right now he was running low on gas, and his engine was starting to stutter and stall. Not that he was anywhere near finished with the battle, but he wasn’t racing in the best equipment to handle a NASCAR star like his opponent. He actually began to call to question why that specific analogy popped into his head. That was more confusing to him than anything else. The woman charged at him, the endris slashing out to strike variously. There was a window of opportunity for him to leap back, but that wouldn’t help. The strikes would just keep coming. She’d keep charging like a bull in a fine china shop.

Asmodeus charged forward as well. His own speed wasn’t as brutal as her’s, but he was faster than she probably expected. He darted forward, and as he watched the darkness come from around her, he realized that he needed to time it perfectly. With superior reflexes he watched as the strikes came crashing down, his own pulsating hand glowing with a faint whispy energy as he went to catch the hand and a half-sword. His own strength rivaled her’s. Her energy sword against the Echosword. The energy went to strike upon him, engulfing and consuming. Not literally, but that’s how it appeared to him. He needed to wait for the right moment. Finally, it came. With the force of everything he had, he stepped aside, one hand coming to the blessed silver knives across his chest piece, only a few left. He attempted to make use off the throwing knife in a melee strike. Consequences be damned. If he managed to get one of these knives into his target, he could hurt it, badly. He would take the woman’s assault at him and turn it around on its head, throwing her on the defensive as his reaction and combat prowess began to pick up steadily, without end in sight. The strikes became faster and faster, a flurry of what looked like it was straight out of a Dragonball episode. Any strieks she attempted to hit him with he would defend with the Echosword, still imbued into his hand, meanwhile the blessed silver knife was his means of offense, trying everything he could to drive the blade into the woman and leave it there.

Asmodeus would show this goddess that no matter what you were, no matter what realm you walked out of. There was one absolute, unfailing, and universal truth….

Blood began to seep from his side, one of the strikes had hit him, cutting clean but deep. He needed to prove this point. He needed to protect his nephew, the angel child and anyone else from the likes of these...things. They were the real demons. Asmodeus couldn’t even feel the pain burning as he unleashed his onslaught. He didn’t have time. He would waste every last bit of energy he had, he would bleed out to get this knife into this goddess. He would enlighten her to the truth.

The kid joined them in the sanctum that Ares had procured. The one place he could truly help anyone. With another snap of his fingers a second portal opened, and a darkness remained. An emptiness, that made his skin crawl. Something so familiar, so akin to him. Yet it was something he fought...in futility, at that. Ares looked into the abyss, his sunglasses sliding down his nose as his eyes met that of another. He wasn’t so sure which was more insane, the fact that they had known about him...or the fact that she enlisted him as a backup. Knowing that the conventional summoning would fail.

“Just remember the terms...” He said as he stepped towards his sanctum. Once he was inside the entire portal to it would vanish. Once he was on the other side there was Lexa, looking to the young man with a kind smile. Her white mana was annoying, but it was offset enough by that of her blue, and the hidden mana therein of her much more appreciated counterpart. He looked over to see that his good ol’ Nephilim friend had arrived, asking whom the child was. The young man smiled and let out a sigh at Nate’s question.

”Now, now Nate. This “Kid”made a very grown up decision. He wants to live, so he can help others live. No matter the cost. It’s important that this young man be given the opportunity to introduce himself. But first-!” He said as he semee dot prance off to the side, putting a hand down to the kid. ”Name’s Ares. Since I sorta recruited you out there It’s probably only right that I go first. Hope you forgive the late introduction, you were kinda dying.” Ares said as he offered his hand. Immediately the angelic woman stepped up and bowed her head.

”Greetings! I am Lexa. I assist The D-” The soft and wonderful voice of the woman began, very enthusiastic and driven, though when she began to speak about “The” something, Ares hopped in with wide eyes and a smile across his face.

”Lexa! Dear, remember my name is ARES. We don’t want to confuse our friends! Right?” He asked as he seemed to place a hand on her shoulder. She seemed forgetful for a moment, but ultimately seemed as if she remembered. She apologized before smiling back at the child. Nathan and the child were all that was left, and Ares wasn’t about to take away their autonomy. It was good to see how evolved the child was, psychosocially.

Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen September 15th 2018, 7:15 am

Nyx from the beginning of their short duel had been gauging the abilities of the demon. Speed, strength, combat aptitude and even their ability to endure punishment. All in all he was at the level of a general of hell,  not something a prince of her realm could perform but even in her state she would need to be careful. There was no need to be hasty and allow them a chance to injure her more than required. The daggers slicing through he glove, then burning the flesh was an idea that he might have dealt with others of her kind before. Why she had been born with a weakness to the damned metal when her brother was not showed a certain fracture since the beginning. One the beloved of creation and the other damned by all that exists. Even thinking about that dichotomy was enough to annoy, even anger the goddess to levels that would begin to blind as she rushed.

This demon would feel her wrath, and suffer before crumbling away into nothing. Just bitter black dust that no one would mourn. The two charged, one again ready to meet in combat in speeds that would leave most in the dust. Just blurs to the weak human eye, and yet every motions the other made began to slow down. Not to a crawl, yet something that she could consider and even follow to a degree. Each strike she threw at him was thundering with raw strength not befitting of her stature. Threatening to slash through flesh, bone and even the armor that attempted to protect both should proper movement be made. However he protected himself, proving superior skill in martial arts and should she not end this quickly he might be able to even force her into retreat.

That would be a shame she could not allow.

First she was on the offensive, now the defensive as the silver dagger blazed through the air in a rapid motion. This streak that threatened to take her down as she speed up as much as shge could just to keep from being cut. He was learning as he fought, drawing from some unknown well of strength that allowed to bridge the gap between them far quicker than anyone should have been able to. Eventually his diligence did pay off, the two trading blows as she felt the painful dig into her side.

The goddess let out a pained gasp as she kicked to force the demon away and jumped back herself. It wasn’t deep enough to prove fatal, yet the pain itself was more than enough of an insult to enrage her.  ”How dare you...” She seethed, words dripping from her lips clenched like a vice as venom. ”YOU DAMN PARASITE!!!” She shouted angrily, the world around her rippling and then all at once the bolts of force ripped outwards. Ground touched had been carved through as if it didn’t exist, any buildings beyond that also receiving the same treatment for the span of one hundred meters. The destructive bursts went out at random, striking anything that stood in their way with the vain hope to strike at Asmodeus.  

Any tries to get close would be possible but very difficult.

The kid looked in awe at the realm. Beauty that he had thought was only in storybooks, sprawling out before him in a world that was beyond the reach of normal man. This strange person was also by no means normal, a man who walked between worlds like one would between the rooms of a home. What had he gotten himself into? Just like that he opened another door, ripping through space a door into endless darkness. Tendrils of this unknowable dark terror attempting to reach through the space but retreating. All at once the memories came back to him. Of misshapen beings, and people robbed of what made them human.

Moving to get a better look through the portal he caught the glimpse was a woman, clothed in an odd armor that was a mixture of black cloth and metal. Mailed hands ending in pointed tip fingers, and a beaked mask with a mane of red hair flowing from the back. All at once he fell on his back, feeling the all consuming darkness and evil radiating from her. It was for a split second, but the sensation was so palpable that he could help it. ”I never break my word, as you will see. Now I must reign my daughter in line.” With that the woman left, with the young angel moving to the other people that had shown interest in him. Mostly the older one named Nate.

He smiled at him, despite the seemingly rude question that had been thrown his way. Apparently this guy was named Ares, like after the god of war Ares. ”I’m Zach, short for Zachriel.” he greeted while looking at everyone that had been gathered around. The nice looking lady spoke up, calling Ares by something that sounded like it started with a D. The Dark One? Now that would have been something cliché and yet funny.

”Well that doesn’t sound ominous,” Nate noted, patting the young angel on his head. ”Nice to meetcha Zachriel, i’m sure Ares will take care of you.” Well that was reassuring but he didn’t know what they were actually going to do.

”So what’s the plan. I heard something about helping people.” He inquired, looking around to those around them.[/color]

Last edited by Samael Christensen on September 16th 2018, 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus September 16th 2018, 3:47 am

Asmodeus was pleased at the result of the onslaught of attacks. The woman was in pain, and her powers were beginning to falter. Unfortunately he looked to his right leg, seeing a set of scratches that hadn’t been there prior. He couldn’t recall immediately, but upon an intense recollection of the exchange he realized he had been too much in a state of hyperfocus. He became tunnel-visioned on his offensive spree that he didn’t even notice… The moment he made contact, the blade hitting the Goddess, he was struck in three places simultaneously. His leg was the first, by his calf. This strike was nothing more than the energy scraping off of him as she recoiled. The next was the opposite shoulder, this one whipped violently and gave an aching sensation as he felt a chill overcome the area. The final place was the most horrifying as he realized the stinging sensation across his back. He felt the crisp air upn his skin, realizing that his armor had been eaten, destroyed by the powers this woman held.

The sheer power required to do that... His mind wandered for a moment as he was struck with an odd sensation. One he hadn’t felt in a long, long time. It was anxiety. It was respect. His eyes narrowed as he removed the other two throwing knives and held the collective three in his hands. The goddess was on the warpath as she let out a roar, destructive forces tearing everything apart. She was truly an enemy. Asmodeus began to calculate in his mind, what was needed to escape. His mind quickly settled for a gambit, one he was sure would work...he hoped.

Asmodeus danced out of the way, jumping from side to side as he watched the chaotic and raging power. His mobility was only slightly compromised, but he would certainly live. For now, at any rate. As he did so, however, he began to exude the miasma in the greatest quantity. This goddess was truly an enemy. Burning lungs, asphyxiation and the total screen of impervious black. Her power would no doubt help her in her removal of some of his miasma, though he only needed that as a distraction A way to keep her from calming down, from thinking straight. He wanted to keep her in pain. He wanted to walk away, to run away from this battle knowing he held his own against a Goddess...without having to be….that

Asmodeus utilized the miasma as a smoke-screen and he darted around, collecting the other four thrown knives of blessed silver. By the time Nyx was able to ascertain where the miasma was still coming from, he hoped to meet her with a smile in those demonic eyes. The miasma would clear out, regardless of the situation. Her destroying it, her power deconstructing it, or the blood dipped knives flying through the air. They were followed by an intense, ear-piercing shriek as the Echosword lashed out, the vibrations actually reducing the bloody blades to a silver dust. Asmodeus’ plan was solid. First he stabbed himself, got the blades bloody, then threw them. With the right level of force and frequency, the blades would powderize, the congealing blood acting as an adhesive. With the blades breaking into silver dust, and the blood as an adhesive supplement, The Goddess would be covered in a blessed silver powder that stuck to her skin. That was the plan of course, and if she were truly angered, or out of focus he hoped there would be some success. Either way, he needed to run. Exerting everything he had left he let out the last of his miasma, flooding the area as he departed, bolting in hopes the woman would not pursue him…

He needed to find Samael. Now…

Ares allowed the formalities to unfold as he continued to walk around, seeming to interact with small, glowing blue gems that were securely fastened to black pylons of a sort. Nate made a comment about Ares taking care of him, to which Ares just scoffed, though it was a transition into a chuckle as he shook his head, and was very animated as he seemed to be explaining something in his laughter, but then his hands just dropped and the smile vanished as his sunglasses fell down his nose a little.

”Serious? Nate, he’s an Angel. You’re blessed by one. Do you REALLY want me to be the one who looks after him?” Ares asked, being entirely serious for a moment, rather uncharacteristic of the carefree benefactor of the group. Ares looked to Nate, his eyebrows raised as if he were genuinely urging him for a response. ”Look, I get it. We got this thing going. I save your life, you save mine. We’re both out to stop the evil demons, but if it were YOUR son...and I want you to go with what you REALLY FEEL...deep down in that celestial soul of yours.” Ares began before walking up to Nate and lifting a hand to brush Nate’s shoulder off. Even if there had been nothing there, it was honestly like he was just looking for an excuse to make that motion, like he was monologuing. Probably wouldn’t surprise Nate...wouldn’t be the first time he’d caught him practicing his monologuing. But after fixating Nate’s focus to what he felt within his celestial little soul, he followed up.

”Would you really want him to learn from me? To be an angel? To be great?” Ares asked, the question posed that way should be enough to convince Nate to bring the young Zach under wing for a bit.  ”Zach. If given the chance, who do you think would do the best job?” Ares added in, hoping that the child didn’t just instinctively do something stupid, like say “Ares”.

Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen September 16th 2018, 4:25 am

The destruction was indiscriminate. Lashing out at anything and everything that existed within the immediate area, all orchestrated by a mind that was given into fury. Something that should have been beneath her had managed to injure the goddess, an action that was supposed to be impossible and yet here it was happening. Blood being spilled in thick black form, drawing in the life around it as death itself. A few of the beams of destruction had managed to strike her foe, yet not to the effect that was desired. Instead he survived despite the injury that had seemingly shaken him to the core and prompted a chance at survival within Asmodeus. Anyone in their right mind would have no faced the goddess down further. However there were few ways that one could escape, something that was taken into account with the upcoming tactic. That was when the miasma came out, the thick fog that it was spreading outwards in a thick black cloud.

Despite attempts to destroy the sheer volume was more than enough to persist within the attacks. Massive gaps quickly filling up with the substance, causing the goddess to let out pained coughs as her lungs felt as if they were burning. Lemons, salt and knives all at once described the pain that breathing brought with it. Anyone else would have wavered within this agony. Nyx however was not just anyone, meaning that the destructive bursts continued with an even greater efficiency. Before she could really respond to the strategy, a piercing shriek ripped through the air and silver bloody powder was thrown through the air. She only had enough time to raise her arms as it splashed across the bare skin and some her neck.

Her cry of pain was audible, leaving the woman reeling from the pain long enough to cease the destruction and allow the prince of Hell to escape.

”My goodness, you scream loud don’t you?” Stepping through a black rip within space The Good Sister appeared, snap of the black mailed gauntlet seemingly dismissing the miasma around her. ”I had come here to rebuke but that will come later.”

Meanwhile Samael had managed to drag himself away from the building through the thick black fog. His body had already begun to heal, which paired with the lack of pain very nicely. Even still his clothes were stained, and soaked heavily with his black blood meaning he would likely need to eat something heavy with iron at some point. Even still, just managing to escape was a miracle within itself. The destruction of the fight back there could be seen for a good mile, with the police even coming to check it out. Not that he planned to be there when they arrive. Instead the cambion planned to leave, fade into the shadows. Now resting against a dented metal dumpster, the sound of a cat meowing up at him as if expecting some kind of food.

Where the hell was that angel kid?

He had seen him and then he was gone. His scent was in the alleyway he crawled through, but the kid themselves didn't leave a trail leading anywhere. Maybe Adam could help him? He removed his cellphone and typed something out, sending the message and falling back against the brick wall to slide down with a low dull sound. Even with healing, his muscles could feel the fatigue that came with healing. Shadows clinging to him and knitting together torn muscles revealed through skin. A low vibrate showed that vampire was on their way, which meant he could relax. So he sighed in relief, hearing the sound of someone stomping down in his direction.

”Either he found me really quick or someone followed me.”

Zachriel didn’t really trust that one here would have been able to take care of him. Not that he was calling any of them a liar but something told him that this Ares mans dealings with the unknown lady was more than enough to put him on edge. People working under a power with the same feeling had decimated a whole town before. If it weren’t for the strange silver eyed guy with the magic tattoos, he would have died there too. Even thinking about it made him shudder. ”Can’t look after him all the time. Have a certain demon i’m hunting on and off.” Nate seemed to defend himself, looking down to the younger one and back to Ares.

Still the realm walker was convincing. ”Fine, i’ll take care of him. Not like I could just leave the little guy wandering like that.”

”Yeah, feel like another angel might be able to help me. Don’t know if I could learn how to do good from Rumpelstiltskin. I know a show that tells you why that’s a bad idea.” Zahcriel seemed to quip, little wings making flapping motions. ”Though I do have a few questions for you Mister Ares, if you have time.” He queried, doing the perceived polite thing of calling someone older than him mister. His weird human dad taught him that anyway.

Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus September 16th 2018, 5:06 am

Asmodeus arrived through the alleyway, his tattered and bloodied form walking with a slight stagger, though the battle damaged demon reached up and pulled his mask off. As he did so the entirety of his armor vanished into darkness, leaving only Gio. Then he stumbled into Samael’s eyesight and seemed to walk up to him, taking a knee to look him over. He cleared his throat, groaning a little as he began to grab at his ribs, blood seeping over his fine suit. He looked to Samael with concern.

”Hey, Kid. You walk?” He asked, though he was looking pretty rugged himself. The wounds he was working with were more than something any human could endure. He reached out to take Samael’s arm. If met with resistance he could think of a few reasons to explain why the dispute would be a bad idea. Unfortunately now they didn’t have the time to deliberate. Asmodeus would try to throw Samael’s arm over his shoulder, and help him stand. ”Easy now. We need a place to regroup. Any ideas?” He asked as they started walking.

”Wh-what is that someone wearing stilts trying to put on other people’s skin?” Ares murmured to himself, not exactly getting an answer. He perked away from his thoughts, however when Zach had a question for him. Or a few, or whatever. At the prospect of being called “Mister Ares”, all he could do was point to himself, slightly shocked before letting out a lame ”Uhhhh yeah. Sure kid. Ask away. Just...ya know. Go for it.” Ares encouraged him, thinking that it was the right thing to do. He, of course had very little idea what the child was going to ask. Kid’s say the damndest things after all.

Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen September 16th 2018, 10:10 pm

Instead of a bundle of immortal vampire angst appearing, it was gio. Not to say he was bothered by his appearance, just that expectations were a little different. Moving hurt, even turning his head towards the scent of blood brought with it a small jolt of pain. Even still he had managed to do so, considering the suited man who looked a little bloodied for wear but not dead. Which was good enough. ”Can’t walk as good as I would want but yeah.” Samael managed, attempting to steady himself. That made the other attempting to use their own body as a means to steady even better, the strength of the other likely enough to keep him there.

”I know someone who can help us. Real good friend actually.” Not like he could stroll up to osiris and ask for his help, considering that they had a more professional relationship, It was much easier to go to Adam. ”Should have a safehouse of some kind somewhere in the city. Guess that means i’ll lead the way.” If there were no protests he would do just that. Weaving them through the darker back alleys of the city until they came across what could be construed as  a small shop. The sign out front promised various curiosities, along with the times that it was open.

This was luckily one of them.

Samael pushed through the door with the sound of a bell ringing behind them. Behind the counter was a dark skinned woman, vaguely of Hispanic origin with a non-plussed look on her face. ”And now you’re tracking blood in...great. So looking for dad?”

”yeah, that would be appreciated.” he managed with a smile.

”He’s up top. Wasn’t expecting you to come, so whatever.” She rolled her eyes and returned to looking at a leather tome in her hand.

”Thanks Lily.” Was all he said, leading them to the upper floor. A small apartment attached to the upper floor, Sammy pushing through the door to what appeared to be a small little place with conjoined kitchen and living room. Before them stood a pale man with dark circles around his eyes, maybe twenty and throwing on a jacket.

”Not here to throw any thinly veiled threats at me are you?” He asked with a sigh, looking to Gio.

”Do you normally consort with horrific monstrosities that murder/twist the innocent or is that more of a recent thing?” he asked once he was sure the other two angles weren’t in earshot. ”Because whoever that was, has the same energy as some things that ripped apart a town me and my dad had gone to like a month ago.” He seemed to shudder as if remembering that, tugging on his jacket sleeve nervously. ”Are you one of those bad people or one of those morally ambiguous types?”

Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus September 24th 2018, 6:24 pm

Asmodeus was brought to a place that was unfamiliar, but the stench of death was afoot. More specifically it was the smell of unlife. It’s like feeling a cold patch on your arm while you’re in a hundred degree weather. It’s not so much the smell that alerted him, but the familiarity of the smell… rather the subtle lack thereof. His eyes rolled and he muttered a curse in Latin beneath his breath. He stumbled in with Sammy and broke away for a moment, just to lean on the wall for himself for a second, the marks in his back bleeding through his insanely expensive suit. The blood smelled human enough, but the faintest trace of the miasma was upon it, giving it all the more of a potent kick.

”I am...so sorry to intrude into your life. I’ll be gone shortly, and I’ll be sure to compensate.” He said, earnestly apologizing. His mind began to drift a moment, wondering why he was so apologetic. It was just established that this may not have been her house. This was a daughter of a friend of Sammy. This was not on par with that of a Demon Prince. She should be thankful and grateful that he even-NO! I will not be this way. Never again. The thoughts seemed to rouse him from his wandering transe. Only a few seconds had passed. He smiled before staggering after Samael, trying to regulate his breath as he felt his heart slowly pumping.

Samael entered a room, and then Asmodeus seemed to scoff after noticing that it was an all too familiar vampire. The one that could cause trouble for his human. The one lucky individual above all others that seemed to magically bypass all logic for come trope-minded mentality. Then he had the audacity to not even recognize Samael and fixated on him in order to have a little jag to his edge.

”Yes. I decided to come to you...bleeding profusely with your very wounded FRIEND because I wished to give you a thinly veiled threat. You are a quick wit. I am humbled.” Asmodeus said as his eyes began to glow, though he shut them as quickly as he could. His mind had to fight, pushing down the demon, desperately. ”Just...Samael. Help him.” Asmodeus said as he leaned back, staggering back into a wall, an imprint of thick blood left like a childish form of fingerpaint. He turned to walk away, perhaps to leave and never bother his nephew again. Most likely, to be truthful. He attempted to walk away as his vision blurred. His knees buckled and he plummeted down the stairs, little more than a corpse.

”...kinda snappy for a kid, ain’tcha?” Ares asked, fascinated by how quickly the kid’s persona seemed to change. That was something he’d expect from some of his lesser beings. Not from a Nephilim. He kept himself mostly stoic before he heard the kid make note of his dad and him watching a village, or town getting corrupted. ”First two lessons. One, There’s always a side to the story you don’t know. A war hero to america is a murdering war-criminal to another nation. That’s the funny thing about war. Both sides believe what they are doing is right. Second, don’t make assumptions. Least of all about me. I am your worst nightmares made flesh. I’m the culmination of every selfish thought, the pinnacle...no, fuck that guy. I’m the apex...yeah he’s cooler. I’m the Apex of free will. ” Ares explained to the kid, though he sighed and looked over to Nathan and Lexa, a small smirk on his face before it faded. He looked to Zach, trying to figure the kid out in it’s own right.

”Look, There’s a reason she’s here. Okay? If you don’t like that, then work with Nate, get stronger and help him do something about it; I’m the worst person you’ll probably ever meet. But these people? They’re the best kind of people. Save for maybe an eleven year old out there somewhere, and a pastel colored prince or...whatever.” Ares said as he sighed and shrugged, turning around to excuse himself. It wouldn’t be long before Lexa found herself wandering towards Zach with an almost sense of cluelessness to her. She looked over the scene of Ares walking away, then her eyes were cast upon the child, a small smile showing.

”He is a very confusing man. I’m not sure what you asked him, but that face he made… it was sad.” Lexa mused for a moment. That may have given Zach insight to just how this Ares deals with his sorry, but becoming irritable or openly criticizing of the one that confronted him. Lexa would never believe that a child would think of such things based upon a simple musing, though that’s not to say it was impossible. ”Lord Ares was never one easily understood. It takes time. But for now, perhaps we should get you acclimated to your sanctum?” Lexa asked as she seemed all too pleased to show the young Nephilim around. It had felt like forever ago since she or the others had the opportunity to live and serve others. Nathaniel was the first in what felt like eons, and now there was this young one. All within the span of weeks, maybe even a few months. She hoped that the child would be able to bring his creativity to this sanctum and it’s hallowed, hollow halls.

Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen September 24th 2018, 7:47 pm

Samael looked up to Adam with a half mouthed smirk, as if seeing the vampire settled him in some way. Something about the vampire always made him feel at ease despite their awkward meeting first. What he said seemed to indicate that he knew Gio to some degree, but what was that exactly? It sounded like they weren’t on the friendliest of terms. Whatever issues they had he hoped it wouldn't lead to some kind of fight because he didn’t want to try and break that up with his weak feeling limbs. ”Can we save this until later?” Samael sighed, watching the person he was partially supporting break from his grasp and try to walk away. That didn’t go so well as they suddenly lost their strength and plummeted down the stairs. Samael reached to catch him but just found himself slamming shoulder first against the wall.

There was the rush of wind past him, the vague shape of Adam appearing at the bottom of the step picking up the unconscious male and lifting them with ease. ”Really making me regret not feeding in the last day.” He seemed to grumble, carrying them up the stairs and tossing the older demon on a couch. Then paying attention to Samael who seemed to be less hurt. The vampire looked him over, brows furrowed and circled eyes narrowing. ”What did you pick a fight with this time?”

”Would you believe me if I said a goddess?”

”Sounds like you. Got that weird demon pen on you?’ He queried, Samael removing a small strange crystal from his pocket. Dark red, the size and vague shape of a pen.

”Nice to know you care about me so much.” He said with a small smile.

”Never thought that was in question. Comes with the whole love thing I guess.” With a small flourish he let the end jab against the cambions skin, inscribing a couple runes onto the bare patch of flesh he could find. They glowed, wounds beginning to close at a rate far quicker than they would have otherwise. The pain faded rather quickly, allowing him to just slump where he said and sigh deeply.

”Should also work on the other guy. He’s got at least some demon blood in him, so should be fine.” he got an interested look from Adam, but nothing more as he waltzed over to Gio laying on the couch, finding a spot where it showed enough bare skin and inscribing a few runes into his flesh. One to knit together torn flesh, muscles and even broken bones. The other would replenish lost blood, something that likely caused him to fall unconscious. After watching the event, Samael had just conjured enough strength to plop himself on a love seat adjacent to the couch, using Adam’s lap as a pillow and seemed to pass out.

”That happened,” He sighed, giving the ginger half demon a pat on the head while just watching over the other on the couch. ”Still awake over there?” He questioned experimentally.

”Don’t know what me being a kid has to do with anything.” He grumbled, half annoyed by his age being used as a metric for how he should be treated. Even still he listened to what the other said, saying something about how morality was subjective and he was basically Satan. Well, that wasn’t actually what he said but Zachriel was still working with the brain of a child here. Not like he understood overly complex subject matters like morality. He didn’t find room to speak in the end and Ares walked off sounded as confusing as when they first met. Silver eyes watched him, wide and more curious than ever before.

”Sad maybe...but that just gives me something to brew over.” Zachriel mentioned as Lexa approached and spoke about him. Little wings giving absent flaps as he let his brain work over what could only be considered an enigma. ”Why do you call him Lord? Is he your master? Like some sort of dark lord?’ He questioned the angel once Ares was far away enough so he couldn’t hear the questions. ”Oh...show me around. This place looks nice.” He added in with an awkward smile, looking around as if he might have made things awkward.

Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus September 25th 2018, 12:02 am

Asmodeus was between the state of consciousness and his subconsciousness. He stepped forward through the dark hallway, the faint echoes of a very slow set of voices going on, like the voice of a very slow God speaking down upon him. This wasn’t for him though, they were far too busy within their own affairs. He was too busy in his own. The deep blood red sandstone lined the walls of his inner mind as he looked down the near endless hallway, to the end of perception, only to see a diverging path, cutting away at the direct line of vision. In here there was nothing but him. His body, his feet in the warm blood red sand beneath him. His skin peeling from the scorching heat. The emptiness off a black void above, with a white moon hanging above.

He began to walk, as if his mental body had it’s own volition, something that he cognitively couldn’t defy. He walked, and walked, and walked. The farther he walked, the more the warm sand turned hot. It began to scald him as the flesh on him began to burn red from the shearing winds that burned against him. He was not dying, not yet at least. Too much was intact within this place. The goddess of destruction had crippled his body, her energy coursing through his soft tissue as it tried to eat away at him. As he continued to walk, the moon seemed to drift, falling downwards as he came to the end of the ever-stretching hallway. He was left with a choice here. A direction he would need to pick. The path to his left, or the path to his right.

It was only here, at the end of this hallway, at the beginning junction of a new hallway, that he realized and found himself oddly alarmed. The scent of blood, bone and flesh mingled with that of brimstone as the wind came from the left corridor. The winds he had been feeling came in elongated spurts, but suddenly stopped, then in moments later to return in an elongated fashion, steadily and calmly ripping through with awesome force. It was from this hallway he heard the whispers carried through this wind. Voices that sent shivers down his spine, each and every hair standing on end.

What are you doing here?
Have you come back?
Is it once more out of fear?
Or to put your life back on its track?
Curious
So very curious...

Asmodeus was left in the dark, staring at the hallway. He couldn’t remember who the whispers belonged to, but he knew these voices. There were no red=flags or cautions that came to mind as of yet, though it was confusing for him. He looked to the hallway, his mouth was dry and he was beginning to feel just a little like he was in Hell again.

”It won’t work. I’m here because I’m hurt. But it’s nothing that won’t be fixed.” Asmodeus said, he attempted to sound as assured of himself as possible, however he knew that whatever he told would need to be the truth. Or at least something he knew to be the truth, as whatever was happening...it was HIS mind. It would know his lie, because it would be it’s lie.

It won’t work
You will be fixed
Not by the powers in which you lurk
But by the powers of those brought into the mix
Their talents many and their talent we would not besmirch
Yet again you’re here of your own volition
The blood-soaked sands your own soul’s church
Within your heart, it was YOUR decision.

Asmodeus couldn’t argue that. He knew that he would always come back here. Every time he lost, every time he took any form of true suffering, or true pain. He would always end up right back here. Stuck in the same loop, over and over. Part of him wondered if he would ever be free, free of his desire. Free of his cursed desire.

No
No

With a head downcast, Asmodeus turned to his opposite corridor, and walked the path alone. His feet burned even hotter. There was no wind to shear at his skin, but there was fire all around. It was burning. He was burning. He could hear a coyote cackle and the hisses, screams of so many as he walked. His ears began to bleed, his eyes popped from his skull, the brain trapped within pulsating and threatening to liquify. He walked for as long as he could...then dropped to his knees. He could feel darkness encroaching upon him, and the faintest whispers from so far away came as if their source were right in his ear.

Don’t worry, we know just what to do
For now I will just lay here and wait for you

His attention was roused as the cold darkness gave way to some actual warmth. He could feel his body and mind. He was roused from his sleep by the words of the vampire. They asked if he was awake. Asmodeus wanted to groan, but he had to believe that his painful seething was enough to alert the man that he was in fact awake. He sat up, looking around before he felt the essence of the demonic runes coursing through him. It was an unfortunate thing for him to think about. The energies of Hell going through him once more. Perhaps that was the reason for his enlightening walk down his mental asylum.

”Yeah mate. Thanks.” he said. Now that he wasn’t bleeding, and Adam didn’t seem to have any comments to jab at him, Asmodeus actually seemed appreciative. Not exactly a demon’s most well known trait. ”That was almost as bad as the bender I took that kid on. I’m not young anymore, that much is sure. Heh.” Asmodeus scoffed, though a bit amused with himself. He wasn’t the best at creating conversation, he knew this, but he would still try.

Ares had made his way, leaving Lexa in the presence of Nathan and a few other strange faces that walked past. Many of them were just the nobodies that Ares kept around to give them jobs. They were very respectful, though they seemed to be servants of some kind. The child had questions, and Lexa most certainly wanted to provide answers. She was just elated to see the child taking an interest in everything around here. It didn’t matter if he accused Ares of grand theft auto and mass genocide, she was too focused on the tour she would give, and how she would give it.

”Excellent, I will explain everything very soon.” She said as she clasped her hands together and began to walk away, her wings unfurling as she gave them a powerful flap, propelling her across the room in a forceful, yet incredibly graceful way. She touched to the ground, walking very calmly towards the doorway where Ares seemed to leave from, revealing a rather strange room.

In the center of the room there was a platform, elevated from so far down that it was impossible to see the bottom. There was only darkness. In the center of the platform there was a stone monolith that had a very strange looking star with gemstones within each point of convergence. The stone seemed to glow an odd golden color. Meanwhile, from this center platform there were curved stairs that seemed to branch off, elevating to multiple other doorways. There were 12 doorways in total. The stone that this building was made of was an off colored of dusky purple with darker shades bouncing around the lare room. Wherever they were, this place was massive. None could see the top, none could see the bottom.

”This is known as the Choke Point. Everywhere we go from here is all connected to here. Even if they’re connected everywhere else. It’s the heart of the Sanctum...and what powers our personal sanctums.” She said as she began to look around for someone, as if waiting for someone else to join along. She quickly brought her attention back to the previous question, one she seemed to avoid for a moment. Turns out she was just so excited to be helpful. ”I will tell you all about how Lord Ares came upon his title. I just want to make sure it’s at the proper time. Otherwise you may have more questions than answers.” She said with a fond smile and a little nod before leading him towards the crux of the choke point.

Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen September 25th 2018, 1:21 am

Seconds passed before the pained seething showed that the demon was indeed awake on the couch, likely still in the throes of phantom pain that came with whatever injured him. Not that he would have questioned it, fingers absently running over the close cropped red hair under their tips. It felt rugged, a sign he didn’t really like the hair cut but not like he could tell someone how to change their body accordingly. He had no real drive or reason to be rude to someone who was so close to death. Adam more than anyone knew what it felt like to be close to death like that. Even thinking about that brought with it an intense unease about thoughts connected with the concept of blunt weapons. ”I’m used to Sammy doing something stupid like running out and getting himself hurt like this.” He looked down to the cambion, seemingly rapt within whatever sleep had taken over him.

Low, slow breathing a sign that his body was just replenishing whatever energy it had lost. ”I’ve tried to stop him but I can’t really do much about it.” He shrugged as lightly as he could, eyeing the demon lying down. ”Probably none of my business, though how did you two get yourselves hurt so bad?” He questioned, letting the light amount of concern permeated his tone as the sound of gunshots seemed to ring out somewhere in the distance.

Zachriel watched Ares walk off, accompanied by the one called Nate and a few other people who had no names to their faces. Nate looked to him and offered a small wave, one that he reciprocated before following the seemingly kind angelic lady. Something about her felt odd, though that might have been because he didn’t understand or even know any angels beyond the ones he had been meeting now. ”Okay.” He said in that uncertain squeaky voice that came with his age, following suit as she lady showed him around. Mimicking the graceful flap as best he could, Zach moved across the room with not even half as much beauty as the other seemed to.

It was an uncertain way of moving but he touched down easily enough. This motion lead them to another room, the center of which was a platform precariously placed over an endless abyss of darkness. Looking out over the side, he swallowed audibly and turned away from it. No need to let his imagination get out of hand when he knew his imagination would go wild. This place looked to be more of a nexus, like in Heroes of The Storm. ”Woah...this place is pretty cool.” He stated, unable to hide the excitement within his voice. Looking around as if wondering if he could see through the doors before tuning back into the explanation.

She started with not answering his first question before circling around to the one he had asked. It was more of an i’ll answer it later. ”So long as it’s not one of those i’ll tell you when you’re older kind of things.” He said, following her further into the tour.

This was going to be fun.

Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus September 25th 2018, 2:45 pm

Asmodeus listened as his wounds slowly attempted to stitch themselves. Even with the demonic runes, it was an agonizingly slow process. It would take weeks for him to heal, and that’s with the assistance Samael had given him. This energy was working to deconstruct him, it was almost horrifying how even repeated minor exposure to this energy actually had lasting consequences. It reminded him of the stories of the world that had passed… or was it the world to come? None could know for sure. With a pained sigh he shifted his weight to sit up, looking around a small bit before noticing the proximity of Adam and Samael. It was almost as painful to hear as it probably was to say… knowing that Samael was used to this type of danger.

”Heh…. figures.” He muttered to himself. It wasn’t long before Adam confessed there wasn’t much he could do about it. That was something Asmodeus knew all too well. When he marched to war, especially as he had, the Host of Hell couldn’t hope to stop him. There was only one way to stop him. To give him the death he desired. Adam transitioned the question by stating it was most likely none of his business, then asked what harmed them so badly. Asmodeus contemplated his response.

”Samael was investigating a cult. My human... the boy you met… He was in Nevada hunting down his father, and the one whom shanked him on the sidewalk. Of course he didn’t want to kennel me… I get a bit feisty when caged.” Asmodeus explained the beginnings of why he was here, though he began to think of the actual question. Adam didn’t need any more information than that. Though misinformation would be as greatly utilized as genuine information. HE also suddenly realized he probably confused the poor undead being by his choice of words. He was a demon, you don't kennel demons, do you? ”Samael was tracking a boy, one who met with me. He wanted something so I introduced him to someone who made dreams come true. Found this cult, Samael went in and didn’t come out. Nephilim and Cambion blood for a ritual….a ritual being conducted by a goddess. Interrupted the ritual, stopped them... but lotta good that did me.”

Asmodeus ended his explanation with a scoff. He was sickened with himself that he couldn’t even hold his own against the celestial. He had to accept the fact retreat was a sound strategy when dealing with a foe that greatly out-classes you. But his pride wouldn’t let him. He should have done more, he should have put that overbearing divine in their place, teach them some humility. He looked at Samael and scoffed, shaking his head. He needed to deter this conversation from going any further. It was as good a time as any.

”So he does this a lot then? Picks fights he can’t win?” Asmodeus asked, a vague level of familiarity to this story keeping him fixated and almost intensely focused upon the question and it’s eventual answer.

Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down